- 1 Find your Samsung TV’s model number and menu information
- 2 How To Find Your Samsung TV Model Number
- 3 Locating The Model Number on Samsung TV
- 4 Difference Between Model Number and Serial Number
- 5 Why Do You Need a Model Number?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 How to Find the Model Number on Samsung TVs
- 8 Two Ways of Finding It
- 9 But, What Exactly Is the Model Number?
- 10 Model Code Decoded
- 11 Samsung TV models number 2002-2022 lookup, decode explained LED, QLED, LifeStyle
- 12 Samsung model number 2008-2022 what does the model number mean
- 13 History of changes in Samsung TV model numbers
- 14 Samsung TV model number lookup, how to find the model number of your Samsung TV
- 15 New model numbers, Samsung TVs 2017-2021 Full HD, UHD
- 16 Old Model Number Samsung TVs 2008 – 2016 Full HD, UHD
- 17 Decoding example of TV model number UN43TU8000FXZA Samsung
- 18 Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2021
- 19 Samsung TV Model Number The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero Series
- 20 How to check Samsung TV model
- 21 2020 Samsung TVs
- 22 2019 Samsung TVs
- 23 2018Samsung TVs
- 24 2017Samsung TVs
- 25 2016Samsung TVs
- 26 Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- 27 Samsung TV model year codes
- 28 Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
- 29 How to Tell the Model Year of Your Samsung TV
- 30 How to Find the Model Number of Your Samsung TV?
- 31 Understanding Model Numbers Before 2017
- 32 Understanding Model Numbers After 2017
- 33 What About QLED Samsung TVs?
- 34 Decoding Can Be Fun!
- 35 How to Find Samsung TV Model Number and Decode It
- 36 Samsung TV Development History
- 37 Samsung TV Model Number Lookup
- 38 Get Samsung TV Information from Model Number
- 39 Finding Samsung TV Series from Model Number
And that’s all there is to it, everyone. Take a screenshot on your Galaxy A12 using one of the three most prevalent techniques listed above. In the comments section, please feel free to ask questions or make ideas. If you’re looking for the best wallpaper apps for your Samsung Galaxy A12, you should also check out our article.
- Website: Visit Samsung support to look up any feature you’re interested in learning more about. Phone number: If you need to talk with a representative, you may reach out to them at any time of day or night.
Instantaneous access to product-specific information
- Model Code: Confirm the model type of your television, which contains information such as the country of origin and screen size
- Model Code: Serial Number: Look for the unique manufacturer serial number of your television. Software Version: Displays the type of software that is presently installed
- Error messages are shown using a numerical number, which is called the status code. Specify the name of the implanted microchip in the Sub-micom Version field. This is an electronic version of the manual that contains a troubleshooting guide for various functions and settings. MAC Address (Wired): Verify the Ethernet address of the network device. The wireless MAC address is used to identify the network address of the television. Addresses for Bluetooth devices are used to connect speakers or headphones wirelessly. Intelligent Bluetooth MAC Address: Displays the network address of the physical remote control. Smart Control Battery Status: Keep track of the percentage of battery life remaining in the Smart Control remote. Check the number of mobile devices that have Ambient Auto turned on
- This option displays an image or a timestamp while the screen is not in use.
Information on individual channels and apps from the Smart Hub
- Unique ID: Obtain the identification number for the Smart Hub features that you are using. Unique Device ID: Displays the unique identification number for your device. Netflix ESN: You may see the electronic serial number that Netflix uses to identify your television.
If you want to see the open-source license or the QR code, there are two extra options at the bottom of the page that you may click on. When you are finished, selectCancel from the menu.
Other answers that might help
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2022. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them. The information and entertainment given in the preceding section is strictly for your enjoyment and informational purposes only.
- All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice.
- With the Shop Samsung App, you can check out quickly and easily.
- Alternatively, you may continue buying on Samsung.com.
- Free standard delivery, special deals, and financing options are all available.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
How To Find Your Samsung TV Model Number
In most cases, we may not have given it a second thought when it came to looking for the model number on our television. Despite what one may expect, Samsung has put more attention into the model number than one might expect. There are a variety of methods for obtaining this model number, depending on what is most convenient for you. The model number on your Samsung television may tell you a lot about where your television comes from, what generation it is, what nation it was designed for, and much more.
Locating The Model Number on Samsung TV
Samsung has been manufacturing televisions since 1969. In recent years, they have developed a more extensive line of televisions to meet the needs of a broader spectrum of customers. In order to keep production and retail operations structured, the model number is positioned in the same positions for all models introduced since the year 2002.
There are several different spots where the model number may be found, which are given below. The following are the actions to take in order to get the model number.
- Access the Settings menu on the TV by using the remote control
- Choose “Support” from the drop-down menu
- Then choose “About This TV.” This will then display the model number of the television, as well as other pertinent information about the television.
Model Number Locations
The model number of the television may be found on the back of the device. Keep an eye out for a sticker on the back of the television. It will be in close proximity to other numbers, such as the device serial number. This is useful if you are unable to switch on the television or do not have easy access to the rear of the television. If the sticker has been removed or the model number cannot be seen on the back of the television, the model number can be found within the television’s software.
The Tizen operating system has been used by Samsung on all of its Smart TV models since 2015, which means that all models will have a very similar, if not the exact same, method of searching through the device.
Looking at the original receipt from when you made the purchase is another approach to figure out what model number you have.
Difference Between Model Number and Serial Number
There are several important distinctions between a model number and a serial number to be aware of. Things is critical to get it correctly in order to avoid mistakes.
Samsung TVs are all identified by a model number that is the same for each model that is made. If you acquire two identical televisions, the model numbers of each will be the same. The characters in the model number may appear to be produced at random during manufacture, but they actually have a far deeper meaning and were purposefully chosen. Each character has a very particular function inside the model number and is distinguished by this. There is a lot of information about your device that can be gleaned from Samsung TV models.
In addition, Samsung has a help page that provides more information on what each combination of numbers and characters represents.
Additional codes linked with the item are represented by the term “serial number.” Essentially, the serial number is a unique series of letters and/or numbers that is assigned to each individual item. The serial numbers on two identical televisions will be different, but the model numbers will be the same if you purchase them from the same retailer. This is used for a variety of purposes other than seeking up model information, such as checking up warranty information or wanting to have the item repaired.
Why Do You Need a Model Number?
The model number was produced by Samsung for a variety of functions, including identification. Consider the following examples of why knowing your model number is crucial and beneficial to have on hand.
- Retailers utilize this for organization and to ensure that you receive the correct television when you make a purchase. If you want Samsung to service your device, you’ll need to provide them with the model number. If you sale the television, the purchaser will be able to search up the model number to find out more information about their purchase. If your television does not have automatic updates, you will need to know the model number in order to get the updates from the internet. If you are purchasing a new television, you may cross-reference your existing model number with the model number of the new television you want to purchase to ensure that you are obtaining an updated version.
It’s used by retailers to keep things organized and to ensure that you get the correct television when you make a purchase. To get the item repaired by Samsung, they will want the model number. The purchaser of your TV will be able to search up the model number and find out more about their purchase if you resell it. Even if your television does not have automatic updates, you will need to know the model number in order to get the updates from the internet; It is possible to compare your existing model number with the model number of the new TV you intend to purchase in order to ensure that you are obtaining the most recent version.
How to Find the Model Number on Samsung TVs
After a long period of searching for the ideal smart TV, you’ve finally narrowed your options down to one manufacturer: Samsung. It must be mentioned that this is an excellent pick, given how well Samsung Smart TVs appear to perform for the ordinary home viewer. However, despite all of the positive aspects of it, there are still certain concerns that are bothering you. Connecting Samsung TVs to soundbars, for example, is famously difficult due to the nature of the technology. Alternatively, it’s possible that there is an underlying software problem that you are unable to resolve.
Here’s how to locate it on your Samsung television.
Two Ways of Finding It
There are two methods for determining the model number of your Samsung television. If your television is not a smart model, you may discover the model number on the back of the television. This is especially true for older television sets. When it comes to smart TVs, you may obtain the model number by utilizing the Samsung TV’s own software. But first, let’s take a look at how to locate the model number on a television.
For older models, turn the television over and look at the back for the model code and serial number. In most cases, it is printed on a small sticker that is placed next to the other specifications of the television. Model code and serial number are put on top of each other in capital letters. Neither of these numbers is a single number but rather a mix of letters and digits. We’ll go into further detail about what they signify for Samsung televisions later in this article.
Using the built-in software on a Samsung smart TV, you may determine the model number of one of the company’s more recent models. Take your TV remote and press theMenubutton on the remote control. After that, select Support and then Contact Samsung. There will be a screen that displays the following message: If you are experiencing difficulties utilizing this device, please contact Samsung. You’ll find the contact information for Samsung’s customer service team just below this message. Following that, you’ll find theModel Code, which is located underneath theProduct Informationsection.
In addition, the Software Version and Serial Number of the television are listed.
The remote control’s Play/Pause button must be held down for a bit longer than seven seconds in order to work.
The Model Code may be found in theProduct Informationsection of the website.
But, What Exactly Is the Model Number?
Use the built-in software on your Samsung smart TV to find out what model number it is if it is one of the company’s recent models. Simply hit the Menu button on your television remote control. On the following page, choose Support followed byContact Samsung. Following that, you’ll get a screen with the message: If you are experiencing difficulties with this device, please contact Samsung. You’ll find the contact information for Samsung’s customer service team below this message. The Model Code may be found just below the Product Informationsection.
In addition, the Software Version and Serial Number of the television are listed here as well.
A bit more than seven seconds is required to be spent holding the Play/Pause button on the remote. AnAbout This TVscreen will appear at this moment, displaying the same information as previously stated. Under theProduct Informationsection, you will discover the Model Code.
Model Code Decoded
Following your reading of this article, we are certain that you will be able to effectively locate the model number of your Samsung television set. Please share your thoughts and experiences with utilizing a Samsung Smart TV by leaving a comment below. We appreciate you taking the time to provide comments.
How To Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
Following your reading of this article, we are certain that you will be able to locate the model number of your Samsung television. Share your thoughts on using a Samsung Smart TV by leaving us a comment on this page. Providing feedback is really important to us!
How to check?
The quickest and most straightforward method of determining the model of your Samsung TV is to examine the television set itself. The model code, as well as the serial number, are written on the right-hand side of the page in bold. You will find the model code on the back of your television set if it is an older model. If your television set is an older model, the model code will be on the back of your television set. If you happen to own a Smart TV (a television set that is connected to the internet), you may begin by turning on the television set to obtain the model and serial number of the television set.
The Model Code, Software Version, and lastly the Serial Number may all be found under the Product Information section.
The Model Code will be shown under Product Information in a pop-up screen that contains ‘About this TV’ information.
Understanding your Samsung TV’s model number
A model number is a designation that Samsung assigns to each television in order to make it easier to recognize. You may use this code to determine where the television was manufactured, when it was introduced to the market, and which series it is a part of. It’s likely that when you look at the code on your screen, it will fly straight over your head because the numbers and characters appear to be so random. However, in reality, each digit does have a specific meaning, as is detailed below. At the very least, you’ll have a better understanding of the history of your television set.
- How would you go about knowing the story of the creature?
- UE – The European Union America and Korea are members of the United Nations.
- When a two-digit number follows, such as in this example, 65, it indicates the screen’s diagonal size in inches.
- R– 2019N– 2018M– 2017K– 2016 R– 2019N– 2018M– 2016 The number 7designates the series to which the television is assigned.
- F denotes a standard tuner, which is used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico; Gis denotes a Latin American tuner; while U, K, and Tstand denote the DVB average in Europe.
- Between 2016 and 2019, the way the model codes were designed changed from year to year, depending on the manufacturer.
The code mentioned above is valid for Samsung televisions built between 2017 and 2020, according to Samsung. It had been before that the codes were distinct and did not expose the same information. Overall, it is a fascinating method of discovering all of this information about your television.
Samsung TV models number 2002-2022 lookup, decode explained LED, QLED, LifeStyle
Samsung TVs for the year 2021: The model number structure of Samsung televisions has remained unchanged. What has changed is that the model number for the 2021 televisions will have a new designation for the year of development, which is the letter A. This is a shift from the previous year’s model number. It should be noted that the letter A was also used for TVs in 2008, but the format of the model number was somewhat different, making it difficult to mistake the 2008 and 2021 television models.
- What do the model numbers on Samsung televisions actually mean?
- It’s a rather straightforward process that will allow you to simply navigate through the wide range of Samsung television models available.
- QLED, Crystal, and regular TVs are distinguished by the way their model numbers are formed, as is another principle of model number formation.
- With time, the identification of television model numbers has evolved.
- The introduction of a new method of television model numbering took place in 2008.
- However, the core information included in the model number has not changed significantly since 2008.
Samsung model number 2008-2022 what does the model number mean
What does the model number of a Samsung television mean? – It is the manufacturer’s code that has been allocated to the television, and it is used to identify the television. This number provides information about the location for which the TV was manufactured as well as information about the year in which the TV model was designed and sales began, the screen type, the model number, and the kind of digital tuners on the television. In addition, what series the television set is a part of is mentioned.
History of changes in Samsung TV model numbers
- What does the model number of a Samsung television indicate? – In order to identify a television, the manufacturer’s code that has been issued to it must be entered. The model number comprises information on the region for which the television was manufactured, the year in which the television model was designed and sales began, the screen type, the model number, and the type of digital tuners used in the television. In addition, what television series the television set is a part of is specified.
Commercial TVs, hospital televisions, and hotel televisions are all assigned model numbers according to a whole distinct set of rules. However, due to the fact that they represent a very modest market share in contrast to consumer televisions, we will not take them into consideration at this time.
Samsung TV model number lookup, how to find the model number of your Samsung TV
Yes, this is an intriguing issue, since not everyone understands how to locate the model number of a television. However, practically everyone is aware that the model number of a television can be found on the box, which is advantageous if the television is still in its original packaging.
However, if you need to find out the model number of your television a few years after you purchase it, no one will likely keep the box from your television for several years. As a result, tracking for the model number may be quite an exciting endeavor.
You can find the model number of your TV in several ways
- The quickest and most straightforward method is to seek up the model number of your Samsung TV in the TV menu
- Samsung televisions manufactured before to 2016. To do so, navigate to the settings menu. Open the Menu (by pressing the menu button on the remote control) and select Support Contact Samsung. The Model Code field will display the TV model
- New Samsung TV models from 2016 onwards will display the Model Code field. The following menu items are available: Support
- About this TV
- If you have access to the rear of the television, you will be able to view the model number of the television on the information label
- Otherwise, you will not be able to see the model number of the television. Investigate your television box (if you still have one) or seek for the purchase receipt to find out what model it is. Under addition, the model number of the television may be found in the service (engineering) menu.
New model numbers, Samsung TVs 2017-2021 Full HD, UHD
The model number of the television changed a little between 2017 and 2018. The designation of the model number is standardized and executed in a manner similar to the determination of the model number of the QLED television. Samsung incorporates a complete range of tuners into their televisions (depending on the standards adopted in the country). There is no requirement to identify the sort of tuners that have been installed in connection with them. Samsung televisions, sorted by model number, are expected to be available in 2018-2022.
Old Model Number Samsung TVs 2008 – 2016 Full HD, UHD
Until 2017, LED TVs (both Full HD and Ultra HD) had a digital tuner indicator to identify which digital tuners were installed on the TV. The screen resolution and the type of matrix installed were also separated into several categories. As a result, this marking is no longer utilized because Samsung today only uses two types of LED and QLED matrices in TVs, as well as a complete set of tuners. Samsung TVs with an old model number from 2008 to 2016 Look at what the Samsung LED TV model number implies and what technological specifications are represented in the model number.
Decoding example of TV model number UN43TU8000FXZA Samsung
Without a doubt, the initial letters of the model number represent the region for which the television was manufactured, not the nation in which the television was produced.
- Remember that the initial letters of a model number represent the region for which the television was manufactured, not the nation in which the television was constructed.
The serial number of a Samsung television may be used to determine where the television was manufactured. Alternatively, you might refer to the sticker, which is positioned behind the television.
Samsung assembles TVs in the following countries.
Where are Samsung televisions assembled? –Samsung televisions for the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other countries in North and South America are assembled in Mexico. Europe Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania are the locations of Samsung TV assembly factories, and it is in these countries that TVs for Europe and the Middle East are manufactured. TELEVISIONS are manufactured in Russia for use in Russia and the former Soviet Union nations. Television sets are made in Malaysia, Korea (manufacturing of which halted in 2018), and China for distribution throughout Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
Learn how to locate the model number of a Samsung television You may find out more about television labeling up to 2008 by reading the part at the conclusion of the article:
How do i tell what year my Samsung TV is
What year was my Samsung television manufactured? You can tell it apart by the letter that appears in the model number following the diagonal size of the television set. It is usually a capital letter.
- T– the year in which the television was first sold or the year in which it was developed, but more accurately, the year in which T-2020 sales began
- BB– 2022, A– 2021, T– 2020, R– 2019 NR– 2018 N RM– 2017 K – 2016 J – 2015 H – 2014 F – 2013 E – 2012 D – 2011 C – 2010 BB– 2009 AA– 2008 BB– 2009 AA
- U– the television features a screen with Ultra High Definition (UHD) resolution
- 8– television series
- 5– TV model
- Generally speaking, the higher the number, the greater the functionality of the television
- 00– Television set design
- 00– Computer-aided design (CAD)
- 00– Computer-aided
What does FXZA mean on Samsung TV
- In accordance with the standard used in a specific nation, the kind of digital tuner is determined by F.
- F– ATSC/QAM standard used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- U, K, and T– DVB standard used in Europe
- G– Latin America
- X denotes design
- ZA denotes the region (country) for which the television was produced. ZA – United States
Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2021
Since 2019, Samsung has altered the labeling of its QLED televisions in order to bring both LED and QLED televisions up to the same level of quality. When we look at the way QLED televisions are marked, we can see that the model number has been supplemented with the generation model identifier of the television model.
In actuality, it is rarely employed, although it does occur occasionally, particularly in transitional television models. In addition, a character for 8K resolution televisions has been introduced. Explanation of the Samsung QLED TV Model Numbers for 2019 and 2020
An example of decoding the model number of a Samsung TV on quantum dots in 2019 QN65Q900RBFXZA
- QN65Q– everything is very obvious here
- This is the sort of quantum dot television that we are talking about. The diagonal size is 65 inches, and Q, once again, specifies that the television has a screen made of quantum dots.
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot technology
- N– A television designed for the Americas
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot technology
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot 65– the size of the screen in inches
- Q– Quantum Dot Television
Changes from previous QLED TVs
- The model number can be represented by two or three numbers, for example, 900, indicating that there were several improvements to the TVs in the series. The Q90R and Q95R televisions are manufactured in Europe. Modifications were also seen in other television programs. Three numbers are emphasized on TVs that have an 8K resolution or above. As a result, the labeling of TVs with a resolution of 4K and 8K has been differentiated
- The description of screen type (curved or flat) has been removed. Perhaps Samsung will discontinue the manufacture of curved televisions in the near future. R– the same as for other television models, this denotes the year of development 2019
- Two or three numbers can be used to identify the model number, for example, 900, which indicates that there were several alterations to the TVs in the series. The Q90R and Q95R televisions are built in Europe. Changes appears in a number of other television shows. Three numbers are emphasized on televisions with an 8K resolution. Televisions with a resolution of 4K and 8K are differentiated in this way, and there is no longer a distinction between curved and flat screens. Possibly, Samsung will stop producing curved televisions in the near future. According to other television models, R denotes the year of development 2019, whereas S denotes the year of development 2018.
- A– the first generation of TVs did not have HDMI 2.1 ports
- B– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- C– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- D– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- E– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- F– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control S– Television series that are unique
- ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- U– DVB (Europe)
- G– ISDB-T (Latin America)
- T– 2 x DVB
- F– ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- X denotes a modification in the design of the television
- ZA denotes the nation for which the television is being manufactured
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2017-2018
- Q denotes a television series
- N denotes the region for which the television series is created. 65 inches is the size of the screen. In Q7, the series designation is repeated once more only for marketing purposes
- C (F)-type televisions, either curved or flat
- N is the year in which sales first began
- A– the type of backlight that has been applied
- FXZA– an alphanumeric identification that may be used to determine the country the television is intended for, as well as the type of digital tuners
Samsung TV Model Number The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero Series
TVs with a distinctive design or set of characteristics LifeStyle has been designated as a separate category by the company. A TV in the shape of a picture, a TV on high legs, a TV with a swivel screen, and a TV for terraces are all included in this collection. The Samsung TV LifeStyle series, which runs from 2018 through 2021, is described. Initially, TVs had a slightly different marking, for example, in 2017, UE65LS003AUXRU, but in 2018, the marking was altered, and a letter was added to indicate the year in which the television was developed, resulting in UE65LS03NAUXXU being released.
It is just the LifeStyle (LS) series and the type name of the television that have been coded.
- It is divided into five sections: 01– The Serif
- 03– The Frame
- 05– The Sero
- T7 and T9—The Terrace
- And 02– The Sero and T9—The Sero and Sero.
How to check Samsung TV model
On occasion, Samsung makes it possible to check the serial number of a television on their websites. However, due to the high number of televisions produced and the necessity to maintain the database up to date on a continual basis, this option will only be accessible for a limited time. As a result, we recommend that you verify the model number yourself. To accomplish this, look at the model year of your television. Check the date on which the television was manufactured. If the model of the television is, for example, 2019, the letter R should appear in the model number of the television.
It is conceivable that the manufacturing date may be somewhat delayed by several months throughout the period (04/01/2019 – 04/01/2020).
2020 Samsung TVs
It is possible to verify the serial number of a Samsung television on their websites at times. However, due to the high number of televisions produced and the necessity to keep the database up to date on a continual basis, this option will only be accessible for a limited time period. As a result, we urge that you double-check the model number. Examine your television to determine its year of manufacture. The TV’s production date may be seen on this page. To illustrate, if you have a TV model number that starts with 2019, the letter R should be included in that TV model number.
The manufacturing date may be somewhat delayed by several months within the period (04/01/2019 – 04/01/2020).
2019 Samsung TVs
A new letter R was introduced in the branding of Samsung TVs in 2019, indicating that this model of television is being developed in 2019. If the letter R appears in the model number in the location of the letter designating the year of creation of the model (as shown above), this is a model of the 2019 television. In addition, they eliminated the letter that indicated whether a television was flat or curved from the designation of the model number of quantum dot televisions. Numbers are utilized instead of letters in this case.
There are two models available: the QN82Q60RAFXZA, which has a 4K screen resolution, and the QN75Q900RBFXZA, which has an 8K screen resolution. In addition, an improvement to the labeling of televisions based on quantum dots will be implemented in 2019.
Samsung TVs were marked with a new letter R in 2019, indicating that this model of television is being developed in 2019. if the letter R appears in the model number at the location of the letter denoting the year in which it was developed (as shown above), then this is the TV model for 2019. Aside from that, they eliminated the letter that indicated whether a television was flat or curved from the model number of quantum dot TVs. Numerical symbols are used instead of letters. One possible reason for this is the beginning of mass manufacture of televisions with an 8K resolution resolution.
In addition, an improvement to the labeling of televisions based on quantum dots will be introduced in 2019.
Samsung TVs are being marked with a new letter R in 2019, indicating that this model of television is being developed in 2019. If the letter R appears in the model number in the location of the letter designating the year of creation of the model (as shown above), then this is the model of the 2019 television. They also eliminated the letter that indicated whether a television was flat or curved from the designation of the model number of quantum dot televisions. Numbers are utilized in place of letters.
QN82Q60RAFXZA is a 4K television, whereas QN75Q900RBFXZA is an 8K television.
In 2016, the labeling of televisions remained the same as in previous years, with the exception of the letter identifying the year in which the model was developed and when sales began.
Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- LEDs are employed in the U-LED lighting system. U xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx UE 55 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- H – year TV H-2014
- UE 55 xxxxxxxxxxx UE55 H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A set of nine televisions (UE55H UXXXXXXXXXXXX) UE55HU 9 xxxxxx
- 000-modificationUE55HU9 000 x
- UE55HU 9 xxxxxx
- Two DVB-T2 / C / S2UE55HU9000 TV digital tuners with the letter T show that some of the TV digital tuners have the letter T.
Samsung TV model year codes
On 2012, the final digit in TVs, for example, UE55EH7000x, indicated a tuner installed; if the last digit is 0, the set T tuner is installed; if the last digit is 7, the T2 tuner is installed (2012.) Since 2013, the availability of digital tuners has been marked in two ways: one tuner is signified by the letters at the end of the marking, and the other tuners are denoted by the letters at the beginning of the marking. UE55F6650AB UE55F6650AB Europe
- In 2014, in the absence of an AB Tuner, DVB-T2 / C / S2 were labeled as AU
- AW-DVB-T / C
- AK-DVB-T2 / C
- AB-DVB-T2 / C
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C
Built-in digital tuners are referred to by a somewhat different nomenclature in several European nations.
- The term “built-in digital tuners” is used in several European nations in a somewhat different manner.
Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
Samsung televisions were sold under a different brand name until 2008. The characters in the model number have the following meanings according to the book.
LN -T4671FX / XA
- 46– TV screen diagonal size in inches
- 71– television series
- F– TV screen resolution A – (Full HD, H – HD)
- X– design
- XA– sales region
- 46– TV screen diagonal size in inches diagonally
How to Tell the Model Year of Your Samsung TV
To figure out how to accomplish something on your Samsung TV, it’s important to know the model and generation of your television set. However, if you are not extremely tech-savvy, this may be more difficult to accomplish than it appears. That’s why we’re going to teach you exactly how to go about doing so.
As you’ll see, the model number of your television can disclose considerably more than the year (or years) it was manufactured. For example, you’ll learn the screen size in inches as well as the country or location in which your Samsung TV was manufactured.
How to Find the Model Number of Your Samsung TV?
When trying to figure out how to accomplish something on your Samsung TV, it’s important to know the model and generation of your television. When it comes to technology, though, this may be easier said than done if you are not extremely tech-savvy. And that’s exactly what we’re going to demonstrate for you. According to what you’ll discover, the model number of your television might disclose considerably more than the year (or years) in which it was manufactured. Examples include the screen size in inches, as well as the country or location in which your Samsung TV was manufactured.
- See whether there is anything printed on the right side of your Samsung TV – many models have the serial number and the model code on them. This is the most typical area where these numerals may be found
- Nonetheless, Examine the back of your Samsung television — If the number isn’t on the right side of your TV, it might be towards the back of the device, especially if it’s an older type of television. Serial numbers were formerly attached to the rear of Samsung gadgets, however the company must have learned that it is more practical to place them somewhere more visible since then
- Customer service should be contacted – The serial number and model code of some of Samsung’s most recent smart TVs were unintentionally or purposely left out, whether by mistake or design. It may be found by turning on your television, going to the Menu button, selecting Support and then Contact Samsung, and following the on-screen instructions.
Understanding Model Numbers Before 2017
Hopefully, you’ve been able to determine your model number. Some of you may have been astonished to hear that it had more than ten characters in total. However, don’t be concerned, as they all make perfect sense because each one carries an important piece of information. There is a tiny discrepancy between the numbering models used prior to 2017 and those used after 2017. Although you may be confident that your television was manufactured in 2017 or later, you should still read the rest of this section before going on to the next.
U for televisions, and continues with the letter S.
The number following that indicates the size of your screen in inches.
The following are some possibilities:
- Models A and B are from 2008, C and D are from 2010, E and F are from 2012, H is from 2014, J is from 2015, while K is from 2016.
A letter indicating the resolution screen matrix is followed by a number indicating the series, which is followed by another letter indicating the series. The second number specifies whether your model is the first, second, third, and so on in a certain series of models. The final component of the code specifies the type of digital tuner that has been included.
Understanding Model Numbers After 2017
From 2017 onward, Samsung has started putting complete sets of tuners in its televisions in accordance with the standards of the nation for which the televisions are being manufactured. In order to accommodate this, the model numbers have also grown in length, with the final two letters indicating the nation. For example, the letters ZA and ZC indicate that the television was manufactured for the United States market, XU and XY indicate that the television was assembled for the United Kingdom market, and ZA and ZC indicate that the television was assembled for the Australian market.
Everything else is relatively comparable to the model numbers that were in use before to 2017. (see above). Everything, with the exception of the manufacture year code, of course. On the basis of the A through K from above (2008-2016), you have the following:
What About QLED Samsung TVs?
Samsung made a modification to the way it allocates serial numbers to QLED televisions in 2019. All QLED serial numbers now begin with the letter Q, followed by the letter denoting the area in which the device is located. After that, there’s the screen size in inches, followed by another Q for Quantum Dot TV, and then the last letter of the alphabet. Immediately below this comes the series number, which is currently limited to either 90 for UHD or 900 for 8K at this time. Following that is the year of production, in which case there are only two options – R for models for 2019 and T for models for 2020.
- A represents the first generation, while B represents the second generation. S — super-sized television with extra features
- G – a television set designed for use in Germany
Decoding Can Be Fun!
We hope you were successful in determining the model and year of your Samsung television, and, perhaps more importantly, that you had a good time while doing it. Was it a surprise to learn that all of these specifics can be gleaned from the model number of your television? In the comments box below, please feel free to express yourself on any topic you like.
How to Find Samsung TV Model Number and Decode It
There are a variety of methods for conducting a Samsung TV model number lookup and locating it. Decoding the model number will reveal if your TV is an original or not, as well as other information about it, such as its product ID, release code (if it is a new model), TV region (screen size), production year (and nation), tuner type (if it is an older model), and so on. It goes without saying that, similar to the serial numbers of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone and television, the model number of your Samsung Smart TV might disclose more information than you might expect.
Samsung TV Development History
Samsung introduced their first monochrome television in 1970, targeting the Korean market. However, until the company introduced the world’s first flat television in 1998, its televisions failed to make a significant impact on the worldwide market. From 2008 to 2016, Samsung primarily focused on the production of LCD, DLP, Plasma, and LED televisions. In 2006, Samsung introduced the Bordeaux TV, which had an LCD panel. After two years, the business introduced the world’s first edge-lit television, which was followed by a line of LED televisions in 2009.
Samsung was a pioneer in television development, introducing the world’s first curved-screen TV with an OLED display in 2013 and the world’s first Quantum Dot TV in 2016.
An infographic documenting the evolution of Samsung televisions over the last 50 years can be seen at the bottom of this page.
Samsung TV Model Number Lookup
It is worth noting that the structure of Samsung TV model numbers has evolved dramatically over the last 12 years, particularly since the advent of Smart TVs. Now that we know where you may locate the model number, we can look at how to analyze or decode it to obtain information about your Samsung television. If you wish to update the software on your Samsung TV via a USB stick, you’ll need to know the model number of your TV in order to download the software from Samsung’s download page.
The model number of your television may be found on the purchase receipt as well as on the white slip that was attached to the carton box in which your television was delivered. However, there are two other sites where you may search up the model number of your Samsung television.
- Check the information slip located on the back of your television. There’ll be a model code written on the back of the card. TheAbout TVinfo website is the quickest and most accurate way to determine the model number of your Samsung television. Navigate to theSettings menu. SupportAbout This TV may be accessed by your television remote control, and it is located under the heading “Product information.”
Get Samsung TV Information from Model Number
Its model number, which may be made up of both letters and digits, can be anywhere from 11 to 14 characters long, depending on how old or fresh your Samsung television is. That is, depending on whether you have a DLP, Plasma, LED (HD, Full HD, UHD, SUHD), QLED (4K or 8K) or other type of television, the structure of the model number may alter. I have already created a thorough tutorial to assist in decoding the serial number of a Samsung television in order to determine the country of origin and production date.
Samsung TV 2008-2016 (11 Digit Model Numbers)
While Samsung made LCD, DLP (Digital Light Processing), Plasma, and LED televisions between 2008 and 2016, it specialized in LCD and DLP televisions. During that time period, the model number of a Samsung television was typically comprised of 11 characters. As you can see in the table below, these 11 characters of the model number may be further categorized into 9 categories to obtain important information about a Samsung television. Consider the following scenario: your old Samsung TV (DLP, Plasma, or LED) has the model number UN55KU6300F.
- When a Samsung TV was introduced between 2008 and 2016, the first character of the model number represented the product ID for the various TV kinds.
- H denotes a DLP screen
- P denotes a plasma screen
- U denotes an LED screen
- L denotes an LCD
- K denotes an OLED.
N:The second character denotes the country or region in which the Samsung television was produced.
- A = Asia, Africa, Australia, and nations in the Middle East
- E = Europe
- N = Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the United States, and other Latin American countries
- A = Asia, Africa, Australia, and countries in the Middle East
A = Asia, Africa, Australia, and nations in the Middle East; E = Europe; N = Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the United States, and other Latin American countries; A = Asia, Africa, Australia, and countries in the Middle East
- A = 2008
- B = 2009
- C = 2010
- D = 2011
- E = 2012
- G = 2013
- H = 2014
- J = 2015
- K = 2016
- A = 2008
U:The sixth character indicates the sort of screen (resolution) that your television has. 6:The Series Number of a Samsung TV is represented by the seventh character in the model number. It’s something that isn’t significant to us as users at this point. 3:The eighth character in the model code of a Samsung television series represents the numbering for the code. 00:The number’00’is used by Samsung for televisions having a flat panel. The last letter, F:The11th, indicates the type of tuner that is being utilized by your Samsung television.
Your Samsung TV, like other modern televisions, is equipped with a built-in television tuner.
For example, if you live in the United States or Canada, your television may be equipped with an ATSC (Advanced Television Systems Committee) or QAM (Quadrature amplitude modulation) tuner, respectively.
- The ATSC / QAM standard is used in the United States and Canada
- The ISDB-T standard is used in Latin America
- The K standard is used in Asia
- The T standard is used in Europe
- The W standard is used in Australia
- And the U standard is used in the United States and Canada.
Samsung TV LED Series Model Number (14 Digit)
After 2017, Samsung primarily introduced LED and OLED televisions in a variety of resolutions, including HD, Full HD, UHD (Ultra High Definition), SUHD (Super Ultra High Definition), 4K, and 8K. Because they are less expensive than QLED and LifeStyle series TVs, these TVs are more popular than the latter two. The 11-character model number was replaced by a set of 14 values, which were chosen at random. Now, the model number not only indicates the nation for which a television was manufactured, but it also tells the country in which the television was constructed.
So, if your television does not have a Quantum Dot display, you can decrypt its model number using the steps outlined in the following section. Take a look at these two model numbers for a moment.
They are both varieties of the same television, which is a Samsung Smart 65′′ 4K UHD TV with smart features (2018). As you can see, there are significant disparities between the two of you. The UA65NU8000KXXL is intended for India, but the UN65NU6900FXZA is the same TV but intended for the United States.
- LED TVs are designated by the letter’U’ in their model numbers
- N:The second character of a Samsung TV’s model number designates the area or continent where the television is intended for sale. The letter’N’indicates that the television is intended for use in the United States and Korea.
- A represents Asia, Africa, and Australia
- E represents Europe
- N represents the United States, Canada, Korea, and Latin America.
65: The third and fourth numerical figures indicate the screen size of the television in inches. In this instance, it is a 65-inch television. N:The fifth character represents the year in which your Samsung television was built. U:The screen type of a Samsung television is indicated by the sixth character of the model number. UHD is represented by the letter U.
- M=HD (2017)
- M=HD (2016)
- N=High Definition (2018 and after)
- UHD (Ultra High Definition) is represented by the letter U. S stands for Super Ultra High Definition (SUHD).
6:On the television, the seventh character represents the series number. Because it symbolizes the series model, the eighth character is once again of little utility in this context. Almost any number might be chosen at random. The numeric numbers 00:The9th and 10th are the series codes that Samsung uses for its U Series LED television models. F: The kind of TV tuner utilized in a Samsung LED TV model is indicated by the eleventh character of the model number.
- T=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Europe)
- U=DVB, DVB-C (Europe)
- W=DVB-S2X (Australia)
- A, K=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Asia)
- F=ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- G=ISDB-T (Latin America)
- T=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Latin America)
- U=DVB, DVB-C
X: The code representing the panel design type, such as flat or curved, is represented by the 12th character of the model number. ZA: The final two characters of a Samsung TV’s serial number represent the nation in which the television was manufactured. For example, the letter ZA indicates that the television was made in the United States. Other country codes are shown below:
- RU stands for Russia
- UA stands for Ukraine
- XL stands for India
- XM stands for Malaysia
- XU stands for the United Kingdom
- XY stands for Australia
- ZA stands for the United States
- ZC stands for Canada
- ZG stands for Germany
- ZT stands for Europe.
Keep reading to learn how to delete pre-installed apps on your Samsung TV.
Samsung TV QLED Series Model Number (2017+)
At the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung unveiled its first QLED TV using Quantum Dot technology. QLED televisions were introduced with a new model number structure consisting of 13 characters. In certain situations, the model number might have up to 14 characters, particularly in the case of 8K models with Q950, Q800, Q900, Q700, and other similar models. I purchased a 55-inch Samsung Smart TV (4K) with model number QA55 Q60R AKXXL that was manufactured in India in 2019. Information about the Samsung LED TVNow, compare the model number that is shown below.
- QA75 Q95 TAWXXY (13 characters)
- QA85 Q950 TSWXXY (14 characters)
The first is a 75-inch QLED television with 4K resolution. ByQA, we can deduce that it’s the model number of a QLED television intended for usage in Asia, Africa, or Australia, according to the manufacturer. Conversely, the following two values (XY), which together make up the country code, indicate that the television was made in Australia. The’T’that appears immediately after the model code (Q95) indicates that the television in question is a 2020 model. The fact that the TV has a 3-character model code indicates that it is a 4K television.
This 8K TV has a QLED screen, as indicated by the model code (Q950), which is four characters long. To be on the safe side, allow me to describe things in greater depth for the benefit of clarity, so that you can readily obtain information about your QLED Samsung TV.
- Q:If the model number of your Samsung television begins with the letter’U,’ it is a QLED television. But if you bought your TV in Germany, the model number will start with GQ (Germany QLED)
- Otherwise, it will start with GQ (Germany QLED). A:The second character denotes the region or continent where a Samsung television is intended to be distributed.
- A represents Asia, Africa, and Australia
- E represents Europe
- N represents the United States, Canada, Korea, and Latin America.
75:The third and fourth numerical numbers indicate the screen size in inches. A Q95 or a Q950: The following three to four characters indicate the QLED television series, such as the Q60, Q70, Q80, Q90, Q900, Q95, and Q950, among others. If the QLED TV series code consists of three characters, the TV is a 4K TV; if the code consists of four characters, the TV is an 8K TV. The eighth character represents the year in which your Samsung television was built. In the example above, the ninth character denotes the release code for a certain television model or series.
- A represents the first generation, B represents the second generation, and C represents the third generation.
W:The tenth character of a Samsung QED TV model number refers to the type of TV tuner that is installed in the television.
- T=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Europe)
- U=DVB, DVB-C (Europe)
- W=DVB-S2X (Australia)
- A, K=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Asia)
- F=ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- G=ISDB-T (Latin America)
- T=DVB-S2, DVB-S2X (Latin America)
- U=DVB, DVB-C
X:The code for the panel design type is represented by the 12th character of the model number. ZA: The final two characters of a Samsung TV’s serial number represent the nation in which the television was manufactured. For example, the letter ZA indicates that the television was made in the United States. Other country codes are shown below:
- Italicized letters stand for Russian, Ukrainian, and other European nations. India, Malaysia, the United Kingdom, and Australia are represented by the letters ZA, ZC, Germany, Italy, and other European countries are represented by the letters XL, XM, and XY, respectively.
Editor’s Choice: How to Troubleshoot Samsung TV Errors
Samsung LifeStyle TV Series Model Number (2018+)
Samsung has introduced a new LifeStyle line of LED and QLED televisions, which are designed to be more affordable. There are four different kinds.
- The Frame: You may use it to watch television or to decorate your home with art. It has the appearance of a picture frame. The Serif: Designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, the Serif series of Samsung televisions is intended for those who wish to utilize their television to complement their lifestyle by adding to their home’s interior décor. The Sero: A swivel-style television collection with an incredible sound system
- The Terrace: TVs that are weather-resistant and designed for outdoor viewing
It may be used to watch television or to display art in your home. A picture frame-like design; It is designed by Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, and the Serif series of Samsung televisions is intended for consumers who wish to utilize their television to complement their lifestyle by adding to their home’s interior décor. The Sero: A swivel-style television collection with a fantastic sound system. Outdoor televisions for use on the terrace that are weather-resistant; Examine how we can decode them in order to obtain information about the Samsung TV.
- QE:As previously said, the letter ‘Q’ represents for QLED, while the letter ‘U’ stands for LED television. The second character identifies the nation or area in which the television is meant for viewing.
- GQ stands for QLED TV Germany
- KQ stands for QLED TV Korea
- QA stands for QLED TV Asia/Africa/Australia
- QE stands for QLED TV Europe
- QF stands for QLED TV Europe
- QN = QLED TV in the United States and Canada
- UA = LED TV in Asia, Africa, and Australia
- UE = LED TV in Europe
- GU = QLED TV in Germany
- UN = LED TV in the United States and Canada.
75:The third and fourth number digits on the TV’s display define the screen size. This abbreviation refers for “Lifestyle,” and it is used by Samsung in the model numbers of all of their televisions, including the Frame, The Serif, The Sero, and The Terrace series. 03: The 7th and 8th characters of the title tell you precisely which LifeStyle TV kind it is and what channel it is on.
- 01 represents the Serif
- 03 represents the Frame 2017
- 03R represents the Frame 2019
- 03T represents the Frame 2020
- 05 represents the Sero
- T7 represents the Terrace.
T: The ninth character on your Samsung TV indicates the year it was manufactured. A:The tenth character of your television’s model number refers to the generation of a television series.
- A stands for the first generation. B denotes the second generation. C stands for Third Generation.
A stands for the first generation of a technology. The letter B stands for the second generation. 3. Generation (abbreviated as C).
- A stands for the first generation
- B stands for the second generation. C denotes the third generation.
In the TV, the 12th character is a design code that indicates the sort of panel that has been utilized. XU: The final two characters of the code represent the country in which a Samsung television was manufactured. For example, the letter ZA indicates that the television was made in the United States. Other country codes are shown below:
- Ru = Russia
- UA = Ukraine
- XL = India
- XM = Malaysia
- XU = UK
- XY = Australia
- ZA = United States
- ZC = Canada
- ZG = Germany
- RU = Russia
Finding Samsung TV Series from Model Number
I hope you were successful in decoding your TV’s model number and obtaining Samsung TV information by following my instructions. The model number of your television also provides information on the model series of your television. More polished and complex will be the television series the higher its monetary worth becomes. So, what is the best way to determine the Samsung TV series from the model number? As previously stated, all Samsung TV model numbers include the screen size (the third and fourth characters, i.e.
Most of the time, the first 4-5 characters that appear directly after the screen size are the Samsung TV Series, such as Q60R, Q70T, Q950, Q800, Q900, Q700, LS03, KS9000, and so on.
Samsung TV Series include the Q60R, Q70T, Q950, Q800, Q900, Q700, and so on. Continue reading How to Mirror Android and iOS Devices on a Samsung TV next.