- 1 Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S4
- 2 How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 To Its Latest Version
- 3 Prerequisite
- 4 Method 1: OTA Update
- 5 Method 2: Samsung Kies
- 6 Method 3: Odin
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 How to update software on the Samsung Galaxy S4
- 9 How To Update Android Software On Samsung Galaxy S4?
- 10 How Do I Update My Android Version On Samsung Galaxy S4?
- 11 What Is The Latest Android Version For Samsung Galaxy S4?
- 12 Can Samsung Galaxy S4 Operating System Be Updated?
- 13 Can I Upgrade S4 To Android 7?
- 14 How Do I Install The Latest Version Of Android On My Galaxy S4?
- 15 Can Samsung S4 Be Upgraded?
- 16 Watch how to update android software on samsung galaxy s4 Video
- 17 Installing Recovery
- 18 Download and install firmware
- 19 New device setup
- 20 Helpful link
- 21 What is your opinion on Modding?
- 22 How to update Galaxy S4 to Lollipop or Latest Android version?
- 23 How to Install Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4
- 24 Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 ROM
- 25 How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 AOSP
- 26 Install Android 7.0 AOSP Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S4
- 27 Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Software Update
- 28 Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 With Official Lollipop 5.0.1?
- 29 Steps To Update Samung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.1 official firmware for India and Russia
- 30 How To Update Software On Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
- 31 How To Update Software On Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
- 32 Galaxy S4 zoom Frequently Asked Questions:
- 33 How to Change / Update Firmware in SAMSUNG S4, how to
- 34 Samsung Firmware Change/Update by Odin
Software updates: Samsung Galaxy S4
|Android version 4.4.4Baseband Version: M919UVSFQA1||February 8, 2017||Android Security updates||February 8, 2017If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.4.4Baseband Version: M919UVUFOK3||December 14, 2015||Google Security update||December 14, 2015If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.4.4Baseband Version: M919UVUFOH3||August 31, 2015||Stagefright fix||August 31, 2015If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.4.4Baseband Version: M919UVUFNK2||December 8, 2014||Chinese language support||December 8, 2014If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.4.4Baseband Version: M919UVUFNH7||September 10, 2014||Changes the OS to Android 4.4.4T-Mobile Free Inflight Texting||September 10, 2014If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.3Baseband Version: M919UVUFNB4||November 26, 2013||Improved stabilityNew camera shortcut on the lock screenImproved on screen keyboard||November 26, 2013If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.3Baseband Version: M919UVUEMK2||March 10, 2014||KNOXSamsung Galaxy Gear Support||March 10, 2014If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.2.2Baseband Version: M919UVUAMDL||May 7, 2013||Visual Voicemail app improvementsISIS app improvements||May 7, 2013If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
|Android version 4.2.2Baseband Version: M919UVUAMDB||May 1, 2013||5″ Super AMOLED13 MP front facing/2 MP rear facing Camera with Dual shotEnhanced Camera experienceAir GesturesS HealthWatch ON||May 1, 2013If customers’ devices meet the update requirements below, they can upgrade to the most current software version.|
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4 To Its Latest Version
Some of the most popular aspects of Android smartphones are the frequent software upgrades, and manufacturers are always releasing software updates to repair issues and enhance the overall user experience. While Android firmware updates are only released once in a while, you may still improve the performance of your phone by installing manufacturer-specific software upgrades. Samsung’s method, in which they release a large number of updates for both new and old Galaxy devices, is one that I personally approve of.
With this method, you can quickly upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest version, whether you want to solve issues or simply want something new.
It’s important to note that while this is not an instruction manual for installing custom ROMs or rooting your phone, you should proceed at your own risk. It is recommended that you utilize the techniques listed below because they are stable and should not create any issues. As a result, make a backup of all of the key files on your phone, either using the built-in Android backup feature or by downloading a third-party software from the Google Play store. In addition, make sure that your phone is synchronized with your Google accounts so that you may retrieve the majority of your data by logging in with your Google account when the update has been completed.
Method 1: OTA Update
Over The Air (OTA) updates are arguably the most prevalent means of updating the Samsung GalaxyS4 smartphone. In terms of efficiency and dependability, this is the most effective and dependable method of upgrading the Galaxy S4. With the OTA Updater, you can download and install updates immediately on your phone, eliminating the need to connect to a computer. While the OTA Updater is unquestionably the more convenient choice, some big upgrades may not be accessible through this method.
Turn on your Galaxy S4’s WiFi connection by pressing the WiFi button. Because the update is likely to be large, you may want to think again before utilizing your mobile data connection. Consider using a WiFi signal booster app to improve your signal if necessary.
Open your Settings app and select More from the drop-down menu.
Select About device from the drop-down menu.
Select Software update and then tap on Update to see if any new updates are available.
To begin the update, you must confirm that you wish to do so. That’s all there is to it! The software update should now be downloaded and installed on your phone. As soon as the update procedure is completed, the phone will automatically reboot itself.
Method 2: Samsung Kies
Another common technique for updating the Samsung Galaxy S4 is through the use of a third-party app. Samsung Kies is a PC software application that allows you to control your phone from your computer. Using this software, you may backup contacts, transfer data, and upgrade the phone’s operating system. When Method 1 failed to update your phone, or if there was no OTA update available, this is the next best solution because it is an official Samsung app, which is why it is recommended.
It will just take a few minutes to update your phone using Kies, and you will need a Windows PC as well as a micro USB cord to complete the process successfully.
Samsung Kies may be downloaded and installed on your PC. Get the app from the Samsung official website, which can be found here.
Connect your Galaxy S4 to your PC using a micro USB cord after launching the Kies program on your computer. Wait for Kies to identify your phone and then proceed.
Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a micro USB cord after launching the Kies program on your PC. Ensure that your phone is properly recognized by Kies before proceeding.
Take a look at the warning notice, choose “I have read all of the above information” from the drop-down menu, and then press the Start upgrading button.
You’ll be directed to the Databackupwindow at this point. If you don’t already have a backup of your device on your PC, you should create one right away.
After you have completed your backup, the update procedure will begin automatically. Continue to wait for the procedure to complete, which may take some time.
Once the update is complete, you’ll receive a notice stating that the Firmware upgrade has been completed. To proceed, click on OK. That’s all there is to it! You have successfully updated your Galaxy S4 to the latest version.
Method 3: Odin
A third technique for upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S4 is manual firmware flashing. While this is not the most common method for updating Samsung devices, it is unquestionably the most popular method for manually flashing firmwares on the Galaxy S4. Updates are not always sent out to every country at the same time, and there may be instances where the update is not accessible in specific countries. You may certainly wait a few days after the update is made available worldwide, but if it has been months after the update was made available, you may want to try manually updating your phone.
Installing the Samsung USB drivers package on your computer is as simple as downloading and installing the package. You may acquire the bundle by clicking here. Unless you already have the Samsung Kies software installed, you will not be required to install the Samsung Kies drivers.
Download and install the Odin package on your computer. You can get it any way. Once the zip file has been downloaded, unzip it.
You can now download the firmware update that you’ve been searching for. Issammobile.com is one of the most reliable sources for getting the most recent Samsung Galaxy firmware. In order to download the firmware package, you’ll need to pick your country and model number from the drop-down menu.
Make sure that the USB debugging option is enabled in your Settings app by going to Developer settings and selecting it.
If you don’t see any Developer choices, go to Settings > About device and keep tapping on the Build number until you receive a message stating that you are now a developer. Developer options will now be available in the Settings application.
Open the Odin application by double-clicking on the zip folder that you previously extracted.
Holding down the VolumeDown, Power, and Home buttons at the same time will turn off your Galaxy S4 and boot it into Download mode. Don’t let go of the keys until your phone has fully booted. To enter Download mode, hold down the Volume Up button for a few seconds.
Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer while it is still in Download mode by using a micro USB cord. Whenever the phone is identified by Odin, the box underneath ID:COM will change to blue.
In Odin, click on the AP button and then choose the firmware update file that you downloaded previously from your computer. The firmware file will be saved with the extension a.tar.md5.
Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time choices are checked, and that all of the other options are unchecked, before continuing.
In order to begin the update process, click on the Start button. This may take some time, but after it has been finished, you will receive a green PASS notification in Odin. That’s all there is to it! If everything went well, your phone should now reset itself.
All of the solutions described above should be compatible with the vast majority of Galaxy S4 smartphones. Method 1 is the best choice if you want to update your phone immediately, while Kies is the second best option if you don’t want to wait for any OTA updates. Despite the fact that Odin isn’t an official means of upgrading, you may wish to utilize it if your phone hasn’t gotten any updates in several months. No matter whatever method you pick, be sure to carefully follow all of the steps on how to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the newest version, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments section!
incredible new tips and tricks that you’ve probably never heard of before Jagdish is an Android troubleshooter who enjoys chatting about technology and debating the influence of technology on humans.
When he isn’t writing or talking about technology and marketing, you can find Jag slamming cricket balls or shooting baskets on a basketball court near him.
How to update software on the Samsung Galaxy S4
If you really must have the most recent software on your Samsung Galaxy S4, we can teach you how to download and install the most recent operating system upgrade. These updates frequently bring new features and performance improvements, making it worthwhile to ensure that you are running the most recent version of Android that is currently available. In most cases, you’ll receive a message when an update is ready to be downloaded, but if you’re very impatient or you’re certain there is an update but haven’t gotten a notification, you may manually check for it.
- In order to access the notification tray, swipe down from the top of the screen of your phone. To access the settings menu, use the gear symbol in the top-right corner. Select More from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Select About device from the drop-down menu at the bottom. After that, select Software Update, and then select Update.
That is simply the official method of applying updates at this point. It is possible to manually install a new version of Android on your Samsung Galaxy S4 if you are not receiving the update through the usual channels and you are feeling adventurous. Keep in mind that this is a really advanced form of technology. It’s usually a good idea to make a backup of your device data before you begin. If you’ve already unlocked your bootloader, you’ll want to avoid using this approach. First and foremost, you’ll need to determine the exact model number of your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- To access more options, select More from the menu bar at the top.
- Now, go to this website and search for that model number to see whether the most recent firmware for your device is available.
- In addition, xda-developers is a trustworthy source for device firmware updates.
- Odin is the software program that is used to install genuine Samsung firmware.
It’s possible that you’ll also need to download the Samsung USB drivers to your computer, which are also accessible from the same page. This completes the process of setting your Samsung Galaxy S4 into download mode, which you may begin right now.
How to put the Samsung Galaxy S4 into download mode
- Holding down the power button on the right side of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and selecting “Power off” will shut off the device. Hold down the volume down and home buttons at the same time, and then hold down the power button while still holding the other two buttons. A warning message will appear, informing the user of the hazards of loading non-stock firmware. That’s a non-starter. To enter download mode, press the volume up button.
- After you have placed your Samsung Galaxy S4 in download mode, connect it to your computer using a USB connection. Unzip the ROM file you desire to use and save it somewhere easily accessible. Check to verify sure the file is for your specific model of phone and that it is in the a.tar.md5 format before downloading it. Check to ensure that the Samsung Kies software is not operating. Open Odin and select the AP button from the toolbar. Select the unzipped ROM file by navigating to it and selecting it. Make sure the re-partition option is not chosen if there are multiple files
- If there are numerous files, they should each be added to the respective sections one by one. Simply press the start button and sit back and watch it work. Make sure you don’t disconnect your phone until the entire procedure is complete.
If you have any troubles at any stage, you may do a factory reset by restarting your device while holding down the volume up, home, and power buttons, and then releasing the power button when the boot screen shows. Also, please feel free to post a remark if you want any assistance! Take the Lavender essential oil.
What color Samsung Galaxy S21 FE should you buy?
The Galaxy S21 FE may be a year or two behind the curve in terms of fashion, but there’s no denying that the majority of its color selections are pretty trendy. You can only choose one color, though, so allow us to assist you in selecting the color that is most appropriate for you and your new smartphone.
How To Update Android Software On Samsung Galaxy S4?
By hitting the Menu key on the Home screen, you may download and install new software versions. To access the settings, select Settings from the drop-down menu. To gain access to the More tab, simply press it. By selecting About device, you will be able to update your software. If you are not connected to Wi-Fi, a popup will display to ask you to reconnect. If Wi-Fi is not accessible, press the OK button. You will be guided through the process by the on-screen instructions. After your phone has been rebooted and updated, give it a few seconds to complete the process.
How Do I Update My Android Version On Samsung Galaxy S4?
- Using your phone’s notification tray, you may reach it by swiping down from the top of the screen
- To access the gear icon, go to the top-right corner of the screen and tap it. To reach the More tab, swipe up from the bottom of the screen. To access the About device section, swipe down from the top of the screen. After you’ve completed the Software Update process, select Update.
What Is The Latest Android Version For Samsung Galaxy S4?
|Galaxy S4 in White|
|Mass||130 g (4.6 oz)|
|Operating system||Original: Android 4.2.2 “Jelly Bean” Current: Android 5.0.1 “Lollipop” Unofficial: Android 11 via LineageOS 18.1|
|System on chip||Exynos 5 Octa 5410 (3GSouth Korea LTE Versions) Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (LTEChina Mobile TD-SCDMA versions)|
Can Samsung Galaxy S4 Operating System Be Updated?
A software upgrade for the Samsung Galaxy S4 that brings it up to Android 6 is available through the operating system update. Marshmallow has a percent of zero.
Can I Upgrade S4 To Android 7?
Now that Android 7 is out, it is feasible to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 using the Samsung Galaxy S4. The AOSP Nougat custom ROM is used for the 0 Nougat version of Android. While the ROM is still in development, it already has a number of Nougat-specific features that you may use on your smartphone. The ROM functions well, with the exception of a malfunctioning video recording functionality, which is currently being repaired by the creators.
How Do I Install The Latest Version Of Android On My Galaxy S4?
The device’s settings may be accessed by hitting the Menu key on the device’s home screen while the device is running. It is possible to check for updates by selecting About device and Software update from the menu bar. Under the More tab, look for any recent upgrades. By following the on-screen directions, you may download and install the latest version of the software.
Can Samsung S4 Be Upgraded?
Preparation steps to take. You may still upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 with software upgrades that Samsung no longer supplies, as well as with a broad choice of alternative firmware available on the internet. After downloading and extracting these files, you must install the Samsung driver.
Watch how to update android software on samsung galaxy s4 Video
You can still upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S4 with software upgrades that Samsung no longer provides, thanks to a wide variety of alternative firmware options. Please keep in mind that doing so will result in you being excluded from your guarantee, and that you will be doing so at your own risk. In order to get started, you’ll need theSamsung driver for Windows PC as well as Odin 3.10.7 and Heimdall. Following the download of these files, you must install the Samsung driver. Users using Linux and Mac operating systems can skip this step.
Start your Galaxy S4 in download mode by turning it on.
To confirm that you want to enter download mode, click the volume up button on your phone one more.
Select Detect from the Rider Utilities menu in the Heimdall front end after launching the game.
You will be able to proceed after the recognized output device is shown. If you have any difficulties here, you may need to go to the ADB Driver Installer and follow the on-screen instructions. This is what the Samsung Galaxy S4’s download mode looks like when it is active. ANDROIDPIT / ANDROIDPIT
The following step is to switch to Recovery mode. Using this technology, you will be able to interact with the various sections of your smartphone. In order to update the firmware and install system applications such as Google Apps, you must first do this procedure. TeamWin Recovery Project’s most recent.img image file may be downloaded here (TWRP Recovery). The best support is available with this Recovery version. Now it’s time to look at the display. Make a copy of the file and place it in the Heimdall directory.
- Fill in the blanks with the following information: flash heimdall recovery.img –no-reboot –RECOVERY recovery.img Instead of typing recovery.img, type tw and then click the tab key to return to the previous screen.
- It is necessary to change the Samsung USB driver if you see the following message: libusb error: -12 To do so, open the device manager in Windows, search for additional devices, and then remove the MSM8960 driver from the list of items found.
- After that, repeat the process for Flash.
- To achieve this, hold down the power, home, and volume down buttons at the same time.
- / NextPit
Download and install firmware
After completing the installation of Recovery, we may proceed to the major phase of the operation, which is the installation of Marshmallow on your Galaxy S4. On the CyanogenMod download page, you can locate the firmware that corresponds to your device. In the CyanogenMod Build column, you may download ZIP files containing so-called Snapshots of CM 12.1 or Nightly Builds of CM 13. In the CyanogenMod Snapshots column, you can download ZIP files containing so-called Snapshots of CM 12.1 or Nightly Builds of CM 13.
- These latter applications are built on Android 6.0 Marshmallow and are updated virtually daily, however they are not yet completely functional.
- To ensure that you don’t lose the ability to use the Google Play Store as your app source, you’ll need to download an additional ZIP file that contains Google-Apps.
- Download the ARM version of your Android operating system.
- Copy the ZIP file to your Galaxy S4’s internal memory.
- In order to remove the Samsung Android version from your Galaxy S4, navigate to Settings > System > Partition Data and System.
- Remove all data and system partitions from your computer.
- Go to the directory containing CyanogenMod and pick Per Select ZIP from the drop-down menu.
- Swipe the lower side of the screen to initiate the Flash process.
- Add the two ZIP files and click on the Flash button.
This should be selected in order to avoid issues during the setup procedure. The system will restart on its own. It may take some time for the computer to restart the first time; thus, patience is required. From that point forward, monthly updates will be accessible.
New device setup
Due to the fact that you will have lost your Google information, you will have to start over with the device setup. As a result, you will need to log into Google once more and re-install all of your applications. Even after Samsung has ceased providing updates, you will still be able to take use of them. Future upgrades will be automated and will not necessitate a time-consuming installation process.
If you encounter any troubles, the XDA Developer community is always willing to provide a helping hand. The popular Samsung Galaxy S4 in particular has received a great deal of attention.
What is your opinion on Modding?
What should you do if a company discontinues support for their product? Do you perform the update manually, or do you simply purchase the most recent gadget and throw away the old one? Or do you not keep your equipment for a long enough period of time that its life cycle becomes a problem? Perhaps you’ll just have to make do with the firmware even after the support has been discontinued. Please share your results with us in the comments area!
How to update Galaxy S4 to Lollipop or Latest Android version?
It is simple to upgrade your Galaxy S4 to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop without having to root it. Because you have supplied images, it appears that your device is up to date, but it is possible that your region has not yet gotten the newest version. However, you may visit the sammobile firmware website by clicking here. It clearly indicates that Lollipop 5.0.1 has been published in certain places. You may check to see if your region is included or not. All that is required is to get the firmware and flash it using Odin3.
Now You also mentioned Android Marshmallow, which is currently not available for your phone model and is unlikely to be accessible in the near future due to Samsung’s policy of not supporting its products for an extended period of time and the fact that the Galaxy S4 is already fairly old.
Obtaining one requires rooting your phone and installing a custom ROM such as CyanogenMod 13 on your device.
How to Install Android 7.0 AOSP ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4
AOSP Nougat custom ROM is now available for use with the Samsung Galaxy S4 to bring it up to speed with Android 7.0 Nougat. This is an ongoing development project, but it provides a variety of Nougat features directly on your device’s screen. The ROM operates nicely, with the exception of a problem with video recording, which is being addressed by the creators. Follow the steps in this article to upgrade your Galaxy S4 to the Android 7.0 AOSP firmware.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 ROM
- USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 may be downloaded and installed. The USB debugging mode may be enabled from the developer menu. You should have a custom recovery tool installed on your device, such as TWRP (dev recommends v18.104.22.168) or CWM. Ensure that you have backed up any essential data before continuing with the course. Check to verify that your Samsung Galaxy S4 has a charge of at least 70% before you begin.
Please keep in mind that this guide is exclusively for the Samsung Galaxy S4 model I9505.
Please do not attempt to use it on any other devices. Support, information, and screenshots may be found on the developer’s forum.
How to update Galaxy S4 to Android 7.0 AOSP
You will need to download and copy to your SD card theAOSP Android 7.0 ROMfor Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 zip file. Additionally, GAppsfor Android 7 may be downloaded.
- Recovery mode may be accessed by pressing and holding down the Volume Up, Home, and Power keys simultaneously until the screen flashes. Your phone will automatically enter recovery mode in a few seconds. Once you’ve entered recovery mode, you should make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM. You will need this in order to be able to restore your current ROM if you do not like the new firmware after installing it. A backup may be created by selecting the optionsBackup and RestoreBackupagain. After the backup has been completed, return to the main recovery menu. To confirm your action, selectwipe data/factory resetYes from the menu bar. Wait a few minutes once the phone has finished wiping your data. Then, return to the CWM recovery menu and wipe the Cache Partition, as well as the Dalvik Cache if necessary. Install the zip file from your SD card. Select a zip file from your SD card. Locate the AOSP custom ROM and choose it by pushing the Powerbutton on the device’s keyboard. Selecting Yes will confirm the installation. The installation of the ROM will now commence
- Repeat the procedure, but this time choose GApps instead of the ROM file. When you’re finished, return to the main recovery screen and click reboot system immediately to force the phone to boot into the most recent firmware.
Never forget to share your favorite Nougat ROMs with the rest of the community.
Install Android 7.0 AOSP Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 is a high-end smartphone with an Exynos 5410 Octa chipset, an Octa-core (4.16 GHz Cortex-A154.12 GHz Cortex-A7) CPU, 2 GB RAM, a 13 MP primary camera, and Android OS, version 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean), which is upgradeable to version 5.0.1 (Lollipop) out of the box. If you’re a Galaxy S4 owner, you’ll be pleased to know that you can now experience the sweetness of Nougat by installing a custom ROM on your smartphone. It’s possible that Samsung may not provide the newest Android operating system upgrades for the Galaxy S4, but thanks to third-party developers for offering the Android 7.0 AOSP (Android Open Source Project Nougat) Nougat Firmware.
This AOSP Nougat firmware has been tweaked and optimized for the Samsung Galaxy S4, allowing you to use the Nougat operating system as your daily driver without experiencing any issues.
If you follow this instruction, you will learn how to install Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S4 in order to take advantage of the pre-loaded beneficial features and settings that may assist you in customizing, optimizing, and boosting the performance of your Galaxy S4.
Please remember to make a complete backup of your data before continuing with this procedure.
The Galaxy S4 is the only device that can be used with the AOSP Android 7.0 custom ROM and instructions provided in this tutorial. You can find out the model number your Galaxy S4 is by going toSettingsAbout Phone.
If any harm occurs to your Galaxy S4 during or after the installation of the AOSP Android 7.0 ROM, AndroidBlog.gs will not be held liable for it. Proceed entirely at your own peril.
- Before continue with the installation process, make a complete backup of all of your existing data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery tool that has been recommended
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy S4 by going to SettingsDeveloper Options and selecting that option. Check to see that the Galaxy S4 USB Driver has been appropriately installed on your computer. The Galaxy S4 should be rooted, and the newest version of a custom recovery, such as CWM or TWRP, should be loaded on it. Your S4’s bootloader must be unlocked in order to function properly. Before proceeding, ensure that the battery level on the Galaxy S4 is at least 80 percent or higher.
To begin, download and install the AOSPAndroid 7.0 custom ROM for the Galaxy S4 on your computer’s desktop. Connect your device to your computer through its USB data cord and install its USB memory storage. Step No. 2: The third step is to move the AOSPAndroid 7.0 ROM.zip file that you previously downloaded from the above URL to the root folder of your phone’s SD card. Remove the Galaxy S4 from the PC and turn it off in order to boot into Recovery Mode (Step No. 4). Step No. 5: –PowerONthe smartphone while simultaneously pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Powerbuttons to enter Recovery Mode.
- You can also access the AdvancedWipe Dalvik Cache menu by selectingAdvancedWipe Dalvik Cache.
- In Step No.
- Step No.
- Using the Powerbutton, choose the ROM.zip file and confirm that the installation should proceed.
- Reboot your device from the Recovery Menu by selectingreboot system now from the menu bar.
You will be prompted to restart your Galaxy S4 and it may take around 4 to 5 minutes for it to boot for the first time once the installation is complete. Done! Successfully upgraded your Galaxy S4 to the newest AOSPAndroid 7.0 firmware. Congratulations!
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 Software Update
For your convenience, the following information has been provided to assist you with the software update for your Samsung device:
- Software Update Instructions for Server-Initiated Software Updates, User-Initiated Software Update Instructions, Software Update while Roaming
- Wi-Fi Only Over The Air (OTA) Programming
- Software Update while Roaming
Please keep in mind that the software download time is estimated to be 6-10 minutes. The software upgrade is expected to take between 6 and 10 minutes. OTA Programming for Wi-Fi Only – This is a Wi-Fi Only update. The ability to receive and download software updates will be enabled if Wi-Fi is enabled and the device is connected to a Wi-Fi network on which it may receive and download new software updates.
- The download will take place only while the device is connected to Wi-Fi, and coverage does not need to be consistent throughout. You can connect to numerous Wi-Fi networks at the same time and detach from and rejoin to Wi-Fi at any time, and the update will continue to download from where it left off until it is completed. A message indicating there is a new software update available for installation will be displayed when the download has been successfully completed. To proceed with the installation, selectInstall Now from the drop-down menu. The device will be powered down and then turned back on, and the installation procedure will begin at that point.
You’ve completed the software update process successfully. Software Updates Requested by the Server You’ll receive an alert on your device whenever a software update is available for download.
- The installation procedure will begin when you selectInstall now, after which your device will be powered down and then back on. To begin the installation, press the OK button. Please keep in mind that selecting Defer will cause the installation to be delayed and you will be returned to the Home screen. The software update notice will display on your screen on a regular basis until you install it. Following the initial notification of a software update, you may manually begin one by heading to HomeApplicationsSettingsAbout DeviceSoftware updates. To install the update, choose System updates and then press Restartinstall. You will be prompted to power off and then back on your device, after which the installation process will begin
- It will power off and then back on again after the installation is complete.
You’ve completed the software update process successfully. User-Initiated Software Update This process allows a user to navigate through the device options to seek updates.
- From the Home screen, select Menu KeySettingsAbout phone from the drop-down menu. Updates to software Keep an eye out for any new information. If your device detects a new software update, select Download immediately from the drop-down menu. When the process is complete, a screen will appear informing you that the updated version of the program is ready to be installed on your computer. When you tap Install update, the device will power off and then turn back on again. When the installation is complete, a screen will show indicating that it has been successfully finished. TapOK
You’ve completed the software update process successfully. While roaming, the system is updated. If you are roaming, you will not receive a notification about a software update. It is necessary to either activate Wi-Fi and wait for the update notification to arrive, or manually update the device by heading to HomeApplicationSettingsAbout device. Updates to software. To make Wi-Fi available, follow these steps:
- Make your way to the Wireless Networks section of the Settings menu. TapWi-Fi
- If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network that is currently accessible, go to Wi-Fi settings and pick an available Wi-Fi network or manually add a Wi-Fi network.
If the software update is unable to be installed, you will be presented with an error screen. However, this just indicates that the program was not correctly installed. Once powered on, the device will boot up with the original software and urge you to download and install the software update again. In the event that your Wi-Fi or Verizon Wireless connection is not strong enough, you may be unable to download and install software updates over-the-air on your device. Instead, you may connect your gadget to a computer that has access to the Internet through a USB cable.
This utility will search for software updates and begin the software upgrade process on your device.
Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 With Official Lollipop 5.0.1?
Most of you may have been anxiously awaiting theAndroid 5.0.1 Lollipopupdate for your favoriteSamsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500for a considerable amount of time; however, rest assured that the wait is finally over. During today’s tutorial, I’ll walk you through the process of updating your Samsung Galaxy S4GT-I9500 to the latest Official Android Lollipop 5.0.1 firmware for India, Russia, Uzbekistan (Black Edition), Uzbekistan (La Fleur), Saudi Arabia, China (China Unicom), Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, and the United Kingdom (La Fleur),.
Be sure to back up your Samsung Galaxy S4 with all of your phone data, including contacts, image files, video files, and so on before moving on with this procedure.
Please keep in mind that SamsungSFour.Com will not be held accountable for any damages that may arise as a result of following the instructions in the following tutorial; you should proceed at your own risk.
Steps To Update Samung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.1 official firmware for India and Russia
Most of you may have been anxiously awaiting theAndroid 5.0.1 Lollipopupdate for your favoriteSamsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500for a considerable amount of time; however, rest assured that the wait is now over. During today’s tutorial, I’ll walk you through the process of updating your Samsung Galaxy S4GT-I9500 to the latest Official Android Lollipop 5.0.1 firmware for India, Russia, Uzbekistan (Black Edition), Uzbekistan (La Fleur), Saudi Arabia, China (China Unicom), Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Kazakhstan, and the United States (La Fleur),.
Be sure to back up your Samsung Galaxy S4 with all of your phone data, including contacts, image files, video files, and so on before moving further with the process.
Please keep in mind that SamsungSFour.Com will not be held accountable for any damages that may arise as a result of following the instructions in the following tutorial; you should proceed at your own discretion.
- In this tutorial, we will show you how to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 for India to the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.1 official firmware. In this tutorial, we will show you how to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 for Russia to the latest Android Lollipop 5.0.1 official firmware.
Most typical issue you may have straight after the update is the Android Boot Loop; to repair this issue, please follow the steps in the guide below and pay close attention to the instructions.
- On all Samsung Galaxy smartphones, here’s how to fix the Android boot loop problem.
If you found this “How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 With Official Lollipop 5.0.1?” instruction to be helpful, please consider giving it a like or sharing it on social networking websites by utilizing the buttons provided below.
How To Update Software On Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
It is necessary to perform a software or system update on your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoomin order to keep the phone secure and running properly. A software update gives your Samsung smartphone with the most up-to-date security updates and bug fixes available. Zoom on the Galaxy S4 (recent model) Ones of software perform much better than prior versions. The OneUI 2 software performs significantly better on contemporary Samsung smartphones than the OneUI version 1 software. The OneUI 2 upgrade was released in conjunction with the latest Android 10 update.
If you are a developer, you may also upgrade to Samsung’s version of Android 11 in the future by following the steps outlined in this article.
How To Update Software On Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom
1. To upgrade your Android version on your Galaxy S4 to the most recent version, zoom into the screen, unlock your phone, and slide up to open the app launcher. 2. Next, locate and launch the Settings application. 3. Then select theSoftware Update option and press the Enter key. 4. Select the Download and Install option from the drop-down menu. This will use your mobile data or WiFi connection to check for and download the most recent software. If you have a Galaxy S4 zoom, you may also select Auto download exclusively on WiFi, as seen in the following picture.
- Your phone will now search the Samsung server to see if there are any Android system update files available.
- If a software update for the Galaxy S4 zoom is available, you will be invited to either install the newest version immediately or schedule it for later.
- The update for your Galaxy S4 zoom smartphone will be completed when it has restarted.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom software and firmware upgrades make the Galaxy S4 zoom work more smoothly and without any hassles as device manufacturers offer updates that solve bugs and issues in the previous version of the software and firmware.
Additionally, some Android software upgrades may see an improvement in the camera’s performance.
Galaxy S4 zoom Frequently Asked Questions:
To resolve the software update issue on your Galaxy S4 zoom, do a gentle restart on the device. Alternatively, you might try downloading the software update firmware file from the Samsung website and installing it straight from that location. In order for the upgrade process to begin, place the zip file in the android root folder and restart the device. Then click on the update notification to begin the update process.
How to update to Android 11 beta on Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom?
In order to upgrade your Galaxy S4 zoom mobile to Android 11 beta, you must first register as a tester or developer on the Samsung website. Once the beta version of Android 11 is released, you may download it to your handset from there.
How to update to Android 11 (R) on Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom?
You may check the software update area of your Settings app to see whether Android 11 or Android R has been made available for your Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom. If so, you can update to the Android 11 or Android R version. Also, do let us know if you have any other difficulties while upgrading your Galaxy S4 zoom in the comments area below. Also On our website, you may find further lessons for the Galaxy S4 zoom. The Author’s Biography: The founder of HowToDoNinja.com, Gowtham V, is a technology writer and specialist in technology software who creates amazing How-To Tutorials to assist people online.
He works on a Windows PC, a Macbook Pro, and an Android phone, among other devices.
You may also follow me on my Twitter page and LinkedIn profile.
How to Change / Update Firmware in SAMSUNG S4, how to
- Please see the following website: The Samsung Galaxy S5 is downloading firmware. The device’s name or code number should be entered in the search box. Decide on your favorite model from the results list
- Then pick the codename of your smartphone from the drop-down menu. Following that, you should be able to view a list of CSCs, countries, and carriers. Using this database, let’s select the most suited program. Following that, you should see a table that contains information on your firmware. If everything appears to be in order, click on the DOWNLOAD button. Open the folder when it has been unpacked. So let’s get the Samsung HARD Downloader up and running. The information regarding your firmware should be shown by the application. In order to save the program, click on the DOWNLOAD button and then pick the desired location on your computer. Wait until the download is complete, then extract the firmware using 7zip or another packer. You’ve done an excellent job and are ready to go on to the next section.
WARNING! Changing the firmware on your phone will completely wipe out all of your info! You are doing all of the operations mentioned at your own risk! If you want to save your data, make a backup before you begin! If you wish to upgrade your phone’s firmware to Android Oreo, you must use the Odin3 v3.13.1 or above version.
Samsung Firmware Change/Update by Odin
- Before you begin, make sure that your phone’s battery is at least 30% charged. Utilize a USB connection to connect your gadget to your PC. Download Mode should be enabled on the device. To do this, start Odin in Administrator Mode. Following that, you should double-check that you have Samsung drivers installed. If you haven’t already, download and install the Samsung Drivers from here. ID:COMfield will be highlighted in the logAdded section if you have successfully installed it. Make certain that the Auto Reboot and Factory Reset Time options are chosen. If you wish to replace firmware while also erasing your data, choose the correct image as shown on the photo. Note! If you just have one file, you should post it as an AP file. If you do not want to erase your data but only want to update the Android version to a higher version (the region on the phone must be the same as the region on the phone
- Otherwise, the phone will only reboot on the logo and never turn on), simply use aHOME file such as a CSC file (when it is an archive that you downloaded or simply download firmware from samfirm with the unchecked option) or simply download firmware from samfirm with the unchecked option. NATURE IN BINARY FORM It is possible to have firmware that only includes one file in this circumstance)
- Check everything one last time, then hit the Start button. Your device is now upgrading
- Please be patient as this process may take some time. The software on your device has been updated. You can now unplug the gadget from the PC if necessary.
Warning! It is not recommended that you disconnect the device from your computer once it has started.