- 1 [4 Easy Ways] How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac in 2021?
- 2 Method 1. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with The Best Samsung Transfer for Mac
- 3 Method 2. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
- 4 Method 3. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Smart Switch
- 5 Method 4. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Image Capture App
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 How to transfer files (photos and videos) from S7 to Mac? – Page 2
- 8 How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac (Top 4 Ways)
- 9 Way 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android Assistant
- 10 Way 2: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
- 11 Way 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Using Smart Switch
- 12 Way 4: How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with USB Cable
- 13 Use Smart Switch to transfer content with your PC or Mac
- 14 How to Easily Transfer Photos and Videos from Samsung to Mac
- 15 1. Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
- 16 2. Transfer Samsung Photos/Videos to Mac with Phone Manager
- 17 3. Import Photos from Samsung Android to Mac Wirelessly via Google Photos
- 18 4. Move from Samsung Galaxy to Mac OS with Android Data Backup Restore
- 19 5. Get Images from Galaxy to Mac Book with Smart Switch
- 20 Compare 5 Samsung to Mac Transfer Methods
- 21 The Bottom Line
- 22 3 Ways to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac- Dr.Fone
- 23 Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S20 to Mac in 1 Click
- 24 Part 2. Transfer Photos from Samsung S20 to Mac USB Cable with Image Capture App
- 25 Part 3. Transfer Photos from Samsung S20 to Mac with Laplink Sync
- 26 Transfering photos from Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a PC or Mac
- 27 Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) To Mac: Transfer Photos
- 28 Solution1. Transferring photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Android File Transfer
- 29 Solution2. Transferring Photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Samsung Smart Switch
- 30 Solution3. Transferring photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Android Transfer
[4 Easy Ways] How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac in 2021?
Transferring images from a mobile phone to a computer has become commonplace in an era where smartphones have supplanted film cameras as the primary means of capturing memories. It is possible that you will need to learn how to transfer images from Samsung to Mac if you own one of those specific devices. For people who own Samsung smartphones as well as Mac/iMac/MacBook PCs, the following are some of the options available to them. You may choose whatever method you like to use to download images from your Samsung phone to your Mac for backup or to clear up space on your Samsung phone.
Method 1. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with The Best Samsung Transfer for Mac
For when you need to transfer photographs from your Samsung device to your Mac, a professional Samsung Transfer for Mac – Samsung Messages Backup (Mac Version) program has been developed specifically for you. We recommend this software as the first option because of its comprehensive set of features that may be of great benefit to any Android user who uses them. Many of the features are readily accessible to those with no technological knowledge.
The Highlights of Samsung Messages Backup (Mac Version)
1) Support for photographs, music, movies, contacts, call logs, SMS, and other applications, among other things. 2) Allow for the previewing of files prior to data transfer. 3) Transfer files between Android and Mac in a matter of seconds with a few clicks (Manage Android files on Mac). 4) There is no requirement for a third-party application. It is simple to use. 5) It is completely cleansafe. There will be no data loss. Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6 and other Android smartphones are supported, as well as the Galaxy Note 9/Note 8, Galaxy A9/A8, and other smartphones.
How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with The Best Samsung Transfer for Mac?
You can take a fast glance at the basic stages and learn the specifics in the following instructions, which are provided in the following order. A Brief Examine
- Connect your Samsung phone to your Mac via a USB cord after launching the Samsung Messages Backup app on your computer. From the program’s interface, you may look at and select photographs. To transfer images from your Samsung to your Mac without losing any data, select Export. Additional features include: backing up your whole Samsung Galaxy to your Mac with a single click (pictures are included)
Follow these simple steps to quickly and effortlessly transfer images from your Samsung Galaxy to your Mac. Step 1. Please launch the software and connect your Samsung Galaxy to your Mac using a USB cord. Step 2. You may see the interface as shown below, which will allow you to activate USB debugging on your Samsung phone. Simply follow the on-screen directions to complete the process. The application will not identify your Samsung Galaxy unless you follow the on-screen instructions. Step 2. You may access the program’s main interface, from which you can see that all of the recognized files have been organized into separate folders on the left panel of the screen.
Step 4.Click theExportbutton on the top menu bar, then pick a local folder to store the transferred images to, then confirm your selection, and the photos you selected are backed up from your Samsung phone to your Mac.
When you are on the main interface of Samsung Messages Backup, select Super Toolkit from the menu bar at the top.
Once you’ve waited a few minutes, all of the files on your Samsung Galaxy will have been transferred to your Mac.
You may require the following items: How to Transfer Samsung Files on a Mac Using the Samsung File Transfer for Mac application? How to Transfer Photos from a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus to Another Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus How to Obtain Access to iCloud Photos from an Android Phone
Method 2. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
In the world of Android users, Android File Transfer is one of the most often used desktop applications. Several people have praised it for its qualities, but only a tiny number of people have had a negative experience while using it as well. Despite this, it is one of the most dependable Android file-sharing applications you will come across on the market. The following are the steps to transfer images from a Samsung device to a Mac using Android File Transfer.
- Installation ofAndroid File Transfer on your Mac computer is required, after which you must connect the Samsung smartphone to the Mac computer via USB connection
- In order to access the notification bar on your Samsung screen and connect it in MTPmode, swipe downward on the screen. Open Android File Transfer on your Mac and navigate to the location of the photographs. Generally speaking, you’ll find them in the DCIM folder under theCamerafolder. Create a folder on your Mac and choose the photographs you want to transfer, then drag them over to the folder you just created.
Advantages:- The ability to transfer files between Android smartphones and Mac PCs is supported. The Android operating system version 3.0 or later is supported. – Provide support for multimedia files and documents. Cons:- Do not enable users to see data before to uploading it, which makes it more difficult for first-time users to identify what they are looking for. It only supports the single-file import of images from a Samsung Galaxy to a Mac computer. Check to see whether you require: Android File Transfer for Mac is a viable alternative.
Method 3. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Smart Switch
As one of the quickest photo-sharing applications available, Samsung Smart Switch is also excellent at transferring other sorts of files, which is said to have played a role in the app’s widespread popularity. The company offers both mobile applications and desktop applications for Mac and Windows, which means you may use its Mac version to import images from your Samsung Galaxy to your Mac. Here’s how it’s done:
- Smart Switch should be installed and launched on your Mac. Connect your Samsung smartphone to your Mac via a USB cord, and allow access to the phone data shown on your Samsung screen to be read. As a result, Smart Switch will recognize your phone without your intervention.
- When you are on the main screen, please choose the name of your phone and then select Internal Memory by pressing on the folder icon.
- You may obtain a list of the files that are stored in your phone’s memory. We ask that you please go to DCIMCameraselect the photographs that you like to copy and drag them to your Mac computer.
Pros:- Android devices running Android 4.3 or later, as well as Mac OS X 10.6 or later, are widely supported. – Support for images, movies, music, contacts, messages, calendars, and other types of data. – Support for backing up your Samsung to your Mac with a single click. – The ability to restore from an iTunes backup is supported. Drawbacks:- Does not allow for the preview of data prior to transferring. It is slower than Samsung Messages Backup program when it comes to backing up your entire Samsung phone to your Mac computer (mentioned inMethod 1).
Method 4. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Image Capture App
In order to copy images from Samsung to Mac without the need to install third-party software on your Mac computer, you need use the Image Captureapp, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. It comes pre-installed on the Mac, so all you have to do is open it and start using it right away. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open the Image Capture application on your Mac. Make a USB connection between your Samsung device and your Mac computer, and then choose the PTP mode from the Samsung notification screen. Choose your Samsung phone from the list of available devices. Select a local folder in which to store the photographs that have been transferred
- Preview the photographs and select the ones that you wish to copy before clicking on the Import button. Alternatively, you may select Import All to copy all of the photographs from Samsung to Mac.
Advantages:- The ability to preview images before duplicating them. – There is no requirement for third-party software. The ability to transfer a large number of photographs at once is a significant advantage. – It is simple to use. Cons:- Only photographs and pictures are supported.
Transmitting images from your Samsung device to your Mac is now much simpler thanks to the four easy methods listed above. Choose one that you are willing to give a shot. Other items such as contacts, call logs, SMS, music, movies, applications, and documents may be transferred between the Samsung Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6 and the Mac using Samsung Messages Backup, which is a comprehensive program for Android data management and can be downloaded from the Samsung website. Articles that are related: What is the best way to transfer files between a Huawei and a computer?
(Two Different Ways) Copying SMS Messages from a Samsung Galaxy to a computer is simple. Read Android Text Messages on Your Computer: What You Need to Know How to View Call Logs on an Android Phone in All Situations (with Pictures) Data Recovery on a Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Cracked Display
How to transfer files (photos and videos) from S7 to Mac? – Page 2
- The original post was made byRindog. Connecting the S7 with Nougat to a USB connection on a Macbook Pro has shown to be the quickest and most efficient method of transferring images between the two devices. Then, on the same page, touch on the “TRANSFERRING IMAGES” (this is a PTP connection, not an MTP connection). Don’t leave it on “Transferring media files” (this is a PTP connection, not an MTP connection). Then launch the Mac Photographs application, and the option to import photos should be accessible. In fact, if you have previously imported photographs that are still on your SD card, you will be given the choice of simply importing fresh photos. This is something I am capable of doing as well. As soon as it pulls up my photographs, they vanish and the screen states there were no photos identified before I can click on import. Until a week ago, I was able to transmit files by USB and Android. Now, neither of these methods works. Once I was able to get it to open, I was able to transfer one video before it refused to identify the phone again. I’ve tried other wires and reinstalling applications, but nothing has worked. tomchambers5590 originally posted this on 07-07-2017 at 02:44 PM. I’ve shot films on my S7 and would like to transfer them to the pictures app on my MacBook Pro. On the other hand, when I connected the USB connection to my phone, I received an error message stating that it was not compatible and that I should instead install Android File Transfer or Samsung Smart Switch instead. I attempted to access both websites on each device, but received an error message stating that the sites were incompatible with the devices I was using to access them. As a result, I’m at a loss on what to do. There must be some kind of application that I can use to transfer files from my Samsung s7 phone to my Mac. Make use of a USB flash drive! Connect the pen drive to the phone using the USB connection that came with the phone. After that, connect the pen drive to the Mac and begin transferring the data. The process is little longer, but it is the quickest I could find. 14th of December, 2017 at 8:38 a.m. Although it appears to be a stupid question, I have finally worked it out due to this guy’s video Simply selecting an option from the drop-down menu makes a significant difference! hahahah Originally posted bytomchambers5590 on December 18, 2017 at 8:19 p.m. I’ve shot films on my S7 and would like to transfer them to the pictures app on my MacBook Pro. On the other hand, when I connected the USB connection to my phone, I received an error message stating that it was not compatible and that I should instead install Android File Transfer or Samsung Smart Switch instead. I attempted to access both websites on each device, but received an error message stating that the sites were incompatible with the devices I was using to access them. As a result, I’m at a loss on what to do. There must be some kind of application that I can use to transfer files from my Samsung s7 phone to my Mac. Hello, did you ever discover a solution to the problem of transferring VIDEO? I have a Samsung S8, the so-called flagship phone, and in order to focus the camera, I have to tap the screen! I’m using an IMAC and PHOTOS is running on it (Both lates as of jan 18 and I only need an answer to this combination please) I have sidesync installed, and it allows me to pick just one file at a time – Totally RUBBISHI attempted AFT but was unable to connect. When the S8 is linked to a computer via a transfer media option, photographs will be instantly transferred. Videos, on the other hand, will not be transferred. IS THERE ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHY – My prior Androis Xaiomi was perfectly functional. Anybody anybody come across a way to automate the transfer of videos? I am not interested in a file-by-file transfer option. With over 2000 photographs already transferred to the MAC via the Photos app, I have over 200 videos to choose from amongst them. Thank you everybody for taking the time to read and for your suggestions. January 14, 2018 at 9:40 a.m.
- The simplest method is to get side sync from Samsung’s official website and install it, as well as to download side sync for your phone from the Google Play store. Then connect your phone to the computer using the USB cable. You can now see your phone screen mirrored on the Mac, open the file explorer from the mirrored screen on your Mac, choose the file, and then click on transmit. The file will be downloaded to your Mac’s “downloads” folder. That’s all there is to it! As a result of this program, you can view your phone screen on your Mac, eliminating the need to look at your phone while working. For anyone interested in downloading it, here is a link to Samsung’s official website. 12:00:49 a.m.
- Comments:2 Last Post:05-04-2016,05:30 PM
- Comments:1 Last Post:03-20-2016,09:04 PM
- Replies:1 Last Post:03-20-2016,08:43 PM
- Replies:1 Last Post:03-20-2016,07:32 PM
- Replies:2 Last Post:03-20-2016,07:13 PM
- Comments:1 Last Post:03-20-2016,07:13 PM
- Comments:1 Last Post :03-20-2016,07:
The following link was copied and pasted into the clipboard:
How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac (Top 4 Ways)
The Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus/S10e are equipped with a camera that is devoid of any evident flaws, making them tempting to any smartphone user who enjoys taking photos. They are prepared to spend the money on a Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, or S10 Plus in order to test out the fantastic camera, which they hope will allow them to capture every moment of their lives! However, how do Mac users move photographs from their Samsung devices to their Mac computers in order to prevent these beautiful images from becoming lost?
- This is due to the fact that your Samsung smartphone, which is an Android phone, is unable to interface with a Mac computer in a straightforward manner.
- This post will show you some straightforward methods for transferring images from your Samsung Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e/S9, Note 9/Note 8/Note 7, and other devices to your Mac for backup purposes.
- Method 2: Using Android File Transfer, you may transfer photos from your Samsung device to your Mac.
Way 1: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android Assistant
It is highly recommended that you use the Samsung to Mac Transfer tool -Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac (orCoolmuster Android Assistant for Windows PC users) to transfer photos from your Samsung mobile phone to your Mac (or PC) computer for local backup in order to better protect the photos you have taken with your Samsung mobile phone. This software is intended to simplify the process of transferring data from an Android handset to a computer as simple as possible. You may complete this task with a single click, making it both quick and convenient.
With a single click, you can back up and restore all Samsung files to your Mac or PC.
Take use of numerous Android brands, such as Samsung and Xiaomi; Google Pixel; HTC; Huawei; Sony; ZTE; Motorola; OPPO; and other similar ones Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus/S10e/S9/S9 Plus/S8/S7/S6/S5, Note 9/Note 9 Plus/Note 8/Note 7/Note 6/Note 5/Note 4, Samsung J3/J3 Pro, Samsung Galaxy A9/A8/A7/A5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S4/S3/S2, Galaxy Tab A, and more are among the devices that are supported by the service.
Mac OS X 10.7 or later is required for proper operation.
Please review the instructions below to learn how to transfer images from Samsung to Mac using it.
1 – How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with 1 Click
Connecting your Samsung phone to your computer is the first step. Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac should now be running on your Mac, and you should connect your Samsung smartphone to the computer via a USB wire. Check to see if you’ve enabled USB debugging on your phone before proceeding. Once your phone has been properly linked, you may be presented with the UI shown below. Step 2: Make a selection of photographs for backup. Select ” Backup ” from the ” Super Toolkit ” drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- You may select the categories that you want to back up from the drop-down menu.
- 3) Create a backup of your Samsung phone on your Mac.
- Clicking on this button will transfer all of the photos from your Samsung phone to your computer.
- If you don’t have a USB cord on hand, here’s what you can do.
2 – How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Selectively or in Batches
Connecting your Samsung phone to your computer is the first step. Immediately after running the software, connect your Samsung device to your Mac computer via a USB connection, and then follow the onscreen instructions to get your Samsung device identified. Step 2: Make a list of all of the things you want to do. Select the photographs you want to backup and click “Start Backup.” Choose one or more photographs from your Samsung camera’s photo gallery and save them to your Mac’s hard drive by selecting ” Photos ” ” Photo Gallery.” And then click on the ” Export ” option to begin downloading images from your Samsung phone to your Mac right away.
Once you’ve done that, you can open and edit the photos as you like on your computer.
People Also, check out: How to Transfer Text Messages from Your Phone To Your Computer Contacts from a Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, or S8 to a computer may be copied.
Way 2: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
A second method for you to transfer Samsung images to your Mac is to use Android File Transfer, which allows you to transfer files with relative simplicity between your Mac and your Android smartphone. After that, we’ll go over the process of downloading images from a Samsung Galaxy to a Mac using Android File Transfer. The way it works is as follows: Step 1: Download and install Android File Transfer on your Mac computer. Step 2: Then drag the application to the ” Application ” folder. Step 2.
Please go to the next step after you have established a connection.
Locate the photographs you desire and drag them to the desktop or to your favorite folder on your Mac.
Step 5. Using the Android File Transfer software, you may download images from a Samsung phone to a Mac computer in the following manner. Additionally, you may be interested in:How to Transfer Files from Android to Computer Instructions on How to Transfer Photos from a Samsung to an iPhone
Way 3: How to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac Using Smart Switch
The Smart Switch is an application developed by Samsung that allows users to move data from one phone to another via a Bluetooth connection. Another feature is the backup feature, which makes it simple for you to back up your Samsung data to your computer or Mac computer using the software. Now that you have the Smart Switch, you can discover how to back up your Samsung images to your Mac by following the instructions outlined below. The way it works is as follows: In the first step, go to the official website of Smart Switchand scroll down until you see the option that says “Transfer material from a PC or Mac to your new Galaxy phone e.” To download the application to your computer, select ” DOWNLOAD FOR PC OR MAC ” from the drop-down menu.
Then, using a USB cord, connect your Samsung phone to this Mac and begin working.
This will begin the process of backing up your Samsung data to your Mac.
Don’t Miss: How to Transfer Videos from iPad to Mac (Video Tutorial).
Way 4: How Do I Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with USB Cable
Another option for backing up your Samsung photos to Macbook is to use USB cable transfer, which allows you to transfer not only photos but also music and videos from your Samsung Galaxy S10/S10 Plus/S10e/S9 and S9 Plus, Galaxy S8 and S7, Galaxy Note 8/7/6/5/4, and other devices to a Mac or PC for storage and backup. Here’s how to use a USB cord to transfer images from a Samsung Galaxy to a Mac computer: Step 1: Using a USB cord, connect your Samsung phone to your Mac computer and unlock your Samsung smartphone.
- In order to accomplish this, please change the USB connection type to ” MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) ” or ” PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol).
- In step three, please navigate to the “DCIM” folder on your Samsung device on your Mac computer, or any other folder containing the photographs you wish to back up.
- You can establish a folder to which you can store the images as you need them.
- This demonstrates how to transfer images from a Samsung Galaxy S6/S7/S8/S9/S10 to a Mac computer using a USB data cord.
a succinct summary of A Straightforward Comparison of These Four Alternatives Okay, those are the several techniques that may be used to backup your Samsung photographs on your Mac. Simply make a comparison between the two and choose your favorite.
|–||Android Assistant for Mac||Android File Transfer||Smart Switch||USB Cable|
|Supported Data Type||Almost all types of data||Almost all types of data||Almost all types of data||Media files|
|Supported Phone Model||Almost all popular Android devices||Almost all popular Android devices||Samsung Only||Almost all popular Android devices|
|Supported File Size||Null||4GB||Null||Null|
|Supported Mac OS||Mac OS 10.7 or later||Mac OS 10.5 or later||Mac OS 10.6 or later||Mac OS 10.7 or later|
Articles that are related: How to Transfer Photos from a Samsung Phone to a Tablet (with 4 Methods) Six of the best Samsung PC suites for 2021: The majority of people are unable to transfer photos between their Motorola phone and their computer. Transferring photos and videos between your Huawei and your computer is simple. Instructions on how to transfer apps across Samsung Galaxy devices. Transferring data from Samsung to Huawei is possible.
Use Smart Switch to transfer content with your PC or Mac
Before you begin gathering all of your data, you need first ensure that your computer fulfills the minimal system requirements for Smart Switch operation. To determine whether your PC or Mac is compatible with Smart Switch, go to theSmart Switchpage and click on Requirementsunder Overview. If you fulfill the prerequisites, you may choose the method through which you wish to download the file. Smart Switch will require you to back up all of the content on your old phone and store it on your PC or Mac when it has been successfully installed.
- Then, on your PC, head to and open Smart Switch, and then click the Backup button.
- Upon completion, a screen will display alerting you that the process has been completed.
- If your computer does not have a USB-C connector, you may connect your phone with a USB cable by using an OTG adapter, which is available for purchase online.
- A lightning to USB-C connection, or even a USB-C to USB-C cable, will eliminate the need for an adaptor, since it will just plug into your device without any further steps.
- When you back up the content of your old phone on a PC or Mac, the data are automatically stored in a default place (unless you choose a different location in the backup wizard).
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoaming Samsung Smart Switch PC
- Windows 10:C:UsersDocuments
- Samsung Smart Switch PC Backing up Samsung SmartSwitch on Mac OS X is done in the following locations: Users/Documents/Samsung SmartSwitch/backup
To rapidly open the AppData folder, use the Start button on your keyboard. Enter the word appdata in the search field and press the Enter key. Note:Before you begin transferring data, double-check that the file formats being transferred are supported by Smart Switch on your PC or Mac. Transmit the backup files stored on your computer to your new phone so that you may listen to and view all of your music and photographs on the move. Before you begin, turn off or temporarily deactivate your PC’s firewall, antivirus, antispyware, anti-malware, and other security measures to ensure that all of your data are transferred successfully.
- When asked, connect your new Galaxy phone to your computer using the USB cord that was included with the device.
- If desired, you may pick particular data to restore by clickingSelect your backup data on your computer’s desktop after clickingRestore.
- To confirm that the repair has been completed, click OK.
- Another option for transferring material from your computer to a new Galaxy phone is to sync the data on your phone with the data on your computer using a USB cable.
- On a PC, go to the Smart Switch panel and select Outlook Synchronization.
- After that, pick what you wish to sync by clicking Sync Preferences for Outlook and then clicking OK.
When you’re finished, click Sync Now, and then click Confirm. On a Mac, go to the Smart Switch panel and click Sync. Select the precise material from your computer that you want to sync, and then click Sync Now. When the synchronization process is complete, click the Confirm button.
How to Easily Transfer Photos and Videos from Samsung to Mac
“When I transfer photos and videos from my Samsung Galaxy S10 to my Macbook, I get an error message. In addition to copying all photos to Mac, I do want to keep some pics on my phone.” It’s almost certain that you’d like to know how to quickly and easily transfer high-resolution pictures from Samsung phones and tablets to your Mac. I had a feeling it was coming! As a result, I’ll go over the most important methods for transferring photos and videos from Samsung S6, S7, S8, S9, and S10+ to Mac in this article.
Use Android File Transfer to transfer photos from your Samsung device to your Mac.
Transfer Samsung Photos/Videos to Mac with Phone Manager 3.
Move from Samsung Galaxy to Mac OS with Android Data Backup Restore 5.
1. Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac with Android File Transfer
“When transferring photographs and movies from my Samsung Galaxy S10 to my Macbook, what method should I use? In addition to uploading all images to my Mac, I’d want to save a few photos on my phone for future reference.” No doubt you’d like to know how to quickly and effortlessly transfer high-resolution photos from Samsung phones and tablets to your Mac. Yeah, I figured it out. In this article, I’ll cover the most important methods for transferring photographs and movies from Samsung S6-series phones to Mac computers.
- Use Android File Transfer to transfer photos from your Samsung to your Mac.
- Use Phone Manager to transfer Samsung photos and videos to your Mac.
- Use Google Photos to wirelessly transfer photos from a Samsung Android device to a Mac.
- Transfer data from a Samsung Galaxy to a Mac computer using Android Data Backup Restore.
- Use Smart Switch to transfer images from your Galaxy to your Macbook.
2. Transfer Samsung Photos/Videos to Mac with Phone Manager
Allow me to introduce you to FoneCopePhone Manager in a quick manner. Additionally, this app may assist you in copying films and music between your Samsung phone and your Mac. Furthermore, it is quite simple to add and erase media data from your phone with this app. What I appreciate the most about this application is how quickly it completes tasks, even when transferring really huge photographs and movies. Now, let’s learn how to utilize it to transfer images from a Samsung Galaxy to a Mac computer.
- Transfer should be selected.
- It will be able to access and recognize your Galaxy phone if the connection is successful.
- After that, you may browse through all of your photographs stored on the Galaxy in different albums, such as Camera, Hidden, Screenshots, and WhatsApp Images.
- Select “Photos” from the top menu bar.
- When it comes to “Videos” and “Music,” they’re virtually interchangeable.
A pop-up window will open, prompting you to select a folder on your Mac in which to save your treasured photographs. As soon as you click “OK,” you will see that this picture transfer program will begin transferring your photographs.
3. Import Photos from Samsung Android to Mac Wirelessly via Google Photos
If you prefer to do it wirelessly, Google Photos is a good option. When you delete images from your computer, they will not be erased from your Google Photos account. In the same way, when you delete images from Google Photos, they will not be deleted from your computer as well. To begin, download and install Backup and Sync on your Mac computer. Then connect into your Google Account and choose only photographs or videos to restore from the backup. After that, choose the folders that you want to save a copy of.
Finally, press the Start button.
4. Move from Samsung Galaxy to Mac OS with Android Data Backup Restore
The finest solution if all you want is a one-click transfer of all your images from your Samsung phone to your Mac computer. FoneCopeAndroid Data BackupRestoremakes it a whole lot easier for you to do this using. Furthermore, it enables you to create a password to encrypt your backup files for the Samsung Galaxy/Note, removing the need to be concerned about personal and confidential information being compromised. In the first step, you’ll download and install the program on your Mac. Then, using a USB cable, connect your Samsung gadget to your Mac OS X computer and begin using it.
To begin the transfer, pick “Photos” from the drop-down menu and press “Start Transfer.” It will most likely take you 5-10 minutes to complete the process.
Following that, you will be able to see your images on your Mac and save up some storage space on your Samsung phone (delete the unnecessary photos).
5. Get Images from Galaxy to Mac Book with Smart Switch
Alternatively, you may utilize Smart Switch to create a backup that will be saved to your Mac. It will also back up all of your photographs, music, apps, contacts, messages, call log, email, home screen, settings, clock, and internet access as well as your phone’s contacts. It works well, with the only drawback being that you are unable to access or see the contents of the backup file on a Mac computer. That is really inconvenient. The following are the steps to take in order to use Smart Switch to transfer images and other data from Samsung to Mac: Install Smart Switch and connect your Galaxy to your computer using the USB cable.
Then, on your Mac, run Smart Switch and choose Backup from the menu.
And then press the OK button.
Compare 5 Samsung to Mac Transfer Methods
For example, you may drag and drop music files from Samsung to Mac for free using Android File Transfer (up to 4GB in size). It’s convenient, however you may preview the photographs on your computer prior to the transfer beginning. It allows you to carefully import and export photographs, movies, and music between your Samsung and Mac devices, as well as between an iTunes library and a Galaxy device, using the FoneCope Phone Manager. There is a preview available., However, the most useful feature of a Mac is the ability to easily add or remove them in bulk.
3.Using Google Images, you may wirelessly download photos from your Samsung Galaxy to your Mac computer without any hassle.
4)Android BackupRestoreallows you to simply backup and restore nearly all of the data from your Samsung Galaxy to your Mac computer.
You will not, however, be able to pick which photographs you want to copy. 5.The backup option of Smart Switch is quite similar to the one found in iTunes. Everything on the device will be backed up and you will be unable to access the material till you restore the backup to your phone.
The Bottom Line
This article describes in detail the best three techniques for transferring images from a Samsung device to a Mac, including a step-by-step instruction. Furthermore, the advantages and disadvantages of each option have been explained above, which may assist you in selecting the way that is most appropriate for you. Now, copy the photographs from your Galaxy to your Mac computer so that you have a backup. Do you have any thoughts or comments on this article? Please leave a comment right below.
3 Ways to Transfer Photos from Samsung to Mac- Dr.Fone
A detailed step-by-step explanation is provided in this post, which describes the top three techniques for transferring images from Samsung to Mac. Also described above are the advantages and disadvantages of each approach, which can assist you in determining which method is the most appropriate for your needs and circumstances. Now is a good time to backup your Galaxy images to your Mac computer. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions about this article? Please leave a comment directly below.
We appreciate you taking the time to respond!
Part 1. How to Transfer Photos from Samsung S20 to Mac in 1 Click
You should use Dr.Fone – Phone Manager if you want to be sure that no mistakes are made and that you transfer the images in the shortest amount of time possible (Android). This is due to the fact that this tool is designed to make it extremely simple for you to transfer data from any device (including Samsung S20 smartphones) to your Mac. As we will demonstrate momentarily, you may accomplish this with a single click. We’ll take a look at some of the characteristics that make this software an excellent choice for you before getting started.
Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android)
Transfer photos from your Samsung S20 to your Mac without any difficulty!
- Transferring files between an Android device and a computer, including contacts, photographs, music, SMS, and more
- Transferring files between two Android devices Manage, export, and import your music, photographs, videos, contacts, SMS, and applications, among other things. Transferring music from iTunes to Android (and vice versa)
- Use your computer to manage your Android smartphone. Compatibility with Android 10.0 is complete.
It has been downloaded by 3981454 users. The following tutorial will show you how to transfer images from your Samsung Galaxy S20 to your Mac using Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android). Download and install the application on your computer in the first step. Open it and select “Phone Manager” from the drop-down menu. Connect your Samsung phone to your computer by connecting it using a USB connection. Step 2. From the main Transfer window, select Transfer Device Photos to Mac from the drop-down menu.
Go to the Images tab if you want to transfer photos from Samsung to Mac in batches rather than all at once.
Part 2. Transfer Photos from Samsung S20 to Mac USB Cable with Image Capture App
Another option for transferring photographs from your Samsung Galaxy smartphone to your Mac is to make use of the built-in Image Capture application. It is quite simple; all that is required is that you connect the device to the Mac through a data cord. The built-in picture capture application should launch and prompt you to choose whether or not you wish to import the photographs from your device to the Mac.
If this does not occur, check to see that the connection type is set to “Camera (PTP)” rather than “Media Device” (MTP). If you have chosen MTP instead, the Mac may not be able to identify the device you have connected.
There are a variety of additional methods for transferring images from your smartphone to your Mac. These are software, such as MobileTrans, that are meant to make it simple for you to transfer data between your Android device and your Mac computer. There are a plethora of them available on the market, but only a few will provide the same level of service as MobileTrans, and most will demand you to acquire a membership before you can transfer the photographs. Transferring all images from an Android handset to a Mac through a USB connection or using a software such as Laplink Sync is simple, quick, and convenient for the user.
It does not require the use of wires, and you may transmit as many films and photographs as you like.
Simply put, unlike the other choices we’ve discussed previously, there is no possibility that the procedure will fail in this case.
Transfering photos from Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a PC or Mac
It is our intention in this post to provide you with information on numerous methods of transferring your images from the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC or Mac. Despite the fact that we have already touched on this subject in prior chapters, we would want to go over it again and explain it in greater depth. To begin, the most straightforward method is to download and utilize a free photo-transfer tool from the Google Play Store. We particularly like the Photo Transfer App and the Send Anywhere app (File Transfer).
Transfer photos to a PC
Transferring images from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your computer is a simple process that may be accomplished in numerous ways.
Via USB cable
To transfer photographs from your smartphone to your computer, you may use a USB connection to connect your smartphone to your computer. This is, without a doubt, the simplest technique.
- Simply plug in the USB cord that came with your mobile phone to your computer
- The connection will be detected immediately. The “Connect as a device” screen will show on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Simply press the “OK” button to proceed. Afterwards, you have the option of selecting between “Multimedia Device (MTP),” “Camera (PTP),” and “Multimedia Device (USB 3.0). In case you’re utilizing a USB 3.0 cable, choose the third choice
- Otherwise, choose the first one. If your phone’s folder does not open automatically, try browsing your computer’s hard drive for it by pressing the Windows key first
- If that does not work, try pressing the Windows key again. After that, you will be able to see all of the file folders on your device. The photographs stored on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge should be saved in a folder located on your computer’s hard drive
- Alternatively, you may move the corresponding folders from your smartphone by pressing the right mouse button and selecting “Copy””Paste,” if you want to keep the images on your mobile phone, or “Cut””Paste,” if you want the photos to be stored solely on your PC or Mac.
Using an application
If you want, you may also use an app to transfer your images from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your PC or Mac computer. On Google Play, we propose the freeDropboxapp, which is available for download. Syncing, sharing, and editing files are all possible with this software. Consequently, you may free up more space on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as a result. In the first step, you must upload the photographs to Dropbox, and in the second step, you may transfer them from Dropbox to your computer.
To transfer the files you want, follow the instructions in the section below.
- Dropbox may be downloaded to your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Then launch the application
- You may choose to open or create a folder in which you wish to save the photographs in the program. You will notice a + sign at the bottom of the screen
- Click on it and then pick “Upload photographs or videos.” Then select the files you wish to upload by tapping on them. In the following step, you must select the folder icon to specify the location where you want to save the photographs. Select “Destination folder” and then “Download” to begin the download process.
It is quite safe to erase your files from your phone as soon as they have been uploaded to Dropbox. If you wish to have access to the images from your PC or Mac, you will not have any difficulties doing so. There are two methods for accessing images that have been uploaded to Dropbox from your computer.
You may either download the Dropbox desktop application, which is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux, or connect into the Dropbox website. Don’t forget to check in with the same account that you used to submit your images earlier.
- You may pick a file by right-clicking on it and choosing “Select File.” Then click on “Download” and select a spot on your computer’s hard drive to save the file.
In addition to these two approaches, you always have the option of transferring images to your computer via a traditional computer software.
- Download and install the Dr.Fonesoftware on your computer, then launch it. USB cord: Use a USB cable to connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to a computer. Within seconds of being discovered, the gadget is shown within your software. Select the option “Transfer photographs from camera to PC” from the drop-down menu. “Photos” is an option that may be found in the menu bar above, amongst other things. It will be selected when you press it, and then all of the photographs from your smartphone will be shown. Select everything you wish to transfer, then select “Export to PC” from the drop-down menu. Follow the on-screen prompts and confirm with a “OK.” Finally, exit the software and remove the storage device from the computer.
Transfer photos to a Mac
If you use a Mac, certain steps may be different, albeit the most of them are the same. The transmission of photographs is, without a doubt, extremely feasible.
Via USB cable
You may also use the USB cord to transfer your images from your camera to your computer. You will, however, require theAndroid File Transfer application in order to transfer your files.
- The Android File Transfer application must first be downloaded to your PC. Connect your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your Mac using the USB cord that came with the device. When a connection has been established, your phone will display a confirmation message. On your phone, select the “Camera” option from the drop-down menu. Android File Transfer should now be open on your Mac. Upon opening, a new window will appear, which will reveal all of the files stored on your smartphone
- You may move your files to your computer in a folder of your choosing by using the “Copy” and “Paste” commands.
Transfer using AirMore: This app enables you to wirelessly connect your smartphone to your computer, which is quite convenient. Apart from file transfers, you may watch films and manage contacts and documents using this application.
- Make use of the free AirMoreapp on your smartphone
- Using your Mac, go to the AirMore website and scan the QR code that appears. Open the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge application and select “Scan to connect” from the drop-down menu. You may now scan the QR code to get more information. Once you’ve logged in, go to the “Images” page and then click on “Export.” After that, you may choose all of the photographs you wish to transfer.
Dropbox: You may also use Dropbox to move your data from your PC to your Mac.
- Dropbox may be downloaded to your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Log into your account by opening the app and entering your credentials. Then click on the + symbol to expand it. Select the photographs you wish to upload by tapping “Upload Photos” or “Upload Files” on the menu bar
- Log in to your Dropbox account using the Dropbox website on your Mac. This means you can now go back into your downloads folder and drag and drop the files into the folder of your choosing.
We hope this article has been of use in transferring your images from your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to your Mac or PC. Do you require any other information? Our team of specialists and enthusiasts is here to assist you. Cookies are used on this website to ensure that you have the best possible experience. More information may be found here.
Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) To Mac: Transfer Photos
Andrea Villa last updated this page on November 24, 2021. Since I was a child, watching K-drama movies and television shows has provided me with an escape from reality. As a long-time viewer, I’ve reached the point where I’ve attempted to emulate my K-pop stars by purchasing the same Samsung smartphone they use. That is exactly what occurred on my 18th birthday, when the one and only gift that I wanted to get was a Samsung smartphone. And my wish was granted when my folks surprised me with a Samsung S7.
- The bad news is that my phone’s storage capacity has been reached.
- Unfortunately, my phone’s storage capacity has been exceeded.
- As a result, I decided to move my images to my Mac in order to free up some storage space and restore regular operation to my S7.
- You are in the correct spot because in this post, I will share with you the alternatives and processes that I used to successfully transfer my images from my Samsung S7 to a Mac computer.
Solution1. Transferring photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Android File Transfer
The Android File Transfer application was the first program I tested. Android File Transfer is a file transfer application that allows you to transfer files between your Mac and your Android device. If you are unfamiliar with this program, it is described as follows: Now, allow me to demonstrate how to transfer images from your Samsung S7 (or any other Galaxy S models) to your Mac computer using Android File Transfer. Step 1.Go to the Android File Transfer official website and download and install it on your Mac computer.
- Using your Samsung screen, swipe down to access the notification bar, where you may change the USB connection type to “Transfer photographs.” Step 3.
- Step 4.Start the application on your Mac by double-clicking on it.
- Almost certainly, you’ll find them in theDCIM,Pictures, or any other folder that holds images on your computer.
- Simply right-click and select theCopy option from the context menu.
- And that’s the end of it!
- But first, a friendly reminder.
According to my own experience, this method was quite time-consuming, especially if you were transferring a significant number of photographs. It was for this reason that I did not continue to use the program and instead looked for another one.
Solution2. Transferring Photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Samsung Smart Switch
It may interest you to know that I have tested another transferring tool, the Samsung Smart Switch, which you may want to consider utilizing as well. This program enables you to transfer items like as contacts, photographs, music, videos, messages, notes, calendars, and other types of information across devices. Additionally, it is available for both Mac and Windows users. Please keep in mind that this software comes pre-installed on all Galaxy S devices. Simply go to the Settings app, hit Back up and reset, tap Open Smart Switch, and then open the program to get started.
- Visit the Samsung official website to obtain a download link for the app.
- Then, using your finger, swipe down the notification bar and hit the USB alert.
- Your phone will be instantly recognized by the app.
- Step 4.You will be presented with a list of the files that are currently stored in your phone’s memory.
- Step 5.Go to the appropriate folder on your Mac and double-click it.
- Simply right-click and select theMoveoption from the context menu.
- After then, the app continues to close for an extended period of time, resulting in the stoppage of my data transfer process with numerous error messages.
Solution3. Transferring photos from Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) to Mac via Android Transfer
It’s finally here! I’ve found the ideal solution to my dilemma. TheAndroid Transferapp is ideal if you want to transfer your images from your Samsung S7 (or any other Galaxy S models) to your Mac without encountering any problems and as swiftly as possible, as previously said. It is a fantastic picture transfer program that has been created to allow you to transfer images from your Galaxy S to your Mac. Not only that, but it also supports a variety of file types, including memos, images, videos, music, contacts, messages, and documents, among others.
- You won’t have to be concerned about intricate processes, and you won’t even need technical abilities to do the task.
- Android Transfer is available for free from the Google Play Store.
- As a result, let’s get this party started.
- Carry out the Transfer on the Win!
- Carry out the Transfer on the Win!
- Use a USB connection to connect your Samsung S7 (or any other Galaxy S models) to your Mac.
- Once your Samsung S7 (or any other Galaxy S models) has been recognized by the Mac, navigate to thePhone Manageroption in the application’s interface and choose it.
To transfer all of the photographs or a whole album at once, one option is to do it directly. After that, you may choose which images to transfer selectively, which means that you can transfer only the photos that you want to transfer.
Transfer your Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) photos to computer directly:
Step 1. Select the option to transfer device photos to a computer. Step 2.Choose a folder on your computer where you wish to save your Samsung photo, and then click OK to confirm your selection.
Transfer your Samsung S7 (or Any Galaxy S Models) photos to computer selectively:
Step 1: Navigate to the Photographs section. All of your albums will be shown on the left-hand side of the software’s interface. Pick only the photographs that you wish to transfer from those albums, and then select theExport option. After that, select Export to PC from the drop-down menu. Choosing a folder on your computer to save your photo is the second step. Clicking OK will confirm your selection. And with that, we’re done! Very easy and quick, don’t you think? It is no longer necessary to struggle with transferring images from your Samsung S7 (or any other Galaxy S models) to your Mac.