- 1 How To Screenshot on Samsung Laptop –
- 2 Method 1 – Take a Full Screenshot
- 3 Method 3 – Using the Windows + Print Screen Keys
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 How To Screenshot On Samsung Laptop (5 Methods)
- 6 Method 1) Full-Screen Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Print Screen
- 7 Method 2) Active Screen Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Print Screen
- 8 Method 3) Using Windows 10 Snip and Sketch Tool
- 9 Method 4) Using Windows 10 Snipping Tool
- 10 Method 5) Using Windows 10 Game Bar
- 11 Video Guide for Screenshot on Samsung
- 12 FAQ(How To Screenshot On Samsung Laptop)
- 13 Conclusion
- 14 How to take screenshots on a laptop: 10 ways to do it on any Windows/ macOS-powered laptops
- 15 How to take screenshots on Windows 10 laptop/ PCs
- 15.1 1. Take a screenshot on Windows 7/ 10 laptop using app
- 15.2 2. Print screen in Windows using this key
- 15.3 3. Capture screenshot of the active window using Alt+PrtScn
- 15.4 4. Windows key+Shift+S, to take a screenshot of a specific portion
- 15.5 5. Directly save the screenshot on PC using Windows key+PrtScn
- 15.6 6. Windows key+G
- 16 How to take screenshots on macOS laptops/ PCs
- 17 How to Take a Screenshot on a Windows PC or Laptop
- 18 Method 1: The Snipping Tool
- 19 Method 2: SnipSketch
- 20 Method 3: Keyboard shortcuts (PrintScreen)
- 21 Method 4: Using OneDrive
- 22 How to take a screenshot on other devices
- 23 How to Take a Screenshot on Any Phone or Laptop
- 24 How to Take Screenshots on Laptop (2022)
- 25 How to take screenshots on laptop easily?
- 25.1 Tip 1: Use keyboard shortcuts to screenshot the entire screen and an active window
- 25.2 Tip 2: Use Snipping Tool to take and edit screenshots
- 26 How to Take a Screen Shot (Screen Capture)
- 27 About This Article
- 28 Is this article up to date?
- 29 How do you take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop Windows 10?
- 30 How do you take screenshots on laptops?
- 31 How do I do a screen shot?
- 32 How do I take a screenshot on my Windows computer?
- 33 Can I take a screenshot on my Samsung?
- 34 How do I Screenshot on my Samsung without the power button?
- 35 How do you screenshot without using the power button?
- 36 Where is screenshot option in Samsung?
- 37 How do I take a screenshot without pressing the button?
- 38 How to Take Screenshots on Windows 7, 10 or Windows 11Laptops or PCs
- 39 How to Take Screenshot on Apple MacBook
- 40 How to Take Screenshot on Android Mobile Phone
- 41 How to Take Screenshot on Apple iPhones (iOS)
- 42 How To Take A Screenshot On A Samsung Laptop
- 43 Tips to take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop
- 44 Bottom line
How To Screenshot on Samsung Laptop –
Despite the fact that Samsung laptops are renowned for their great hardware and gorgeous touch displays, some customers are confused about how to take a screenshot on these devices. Please don’t be concerned; we have your back. See this post if you want to learn how to create a fantastic screenshot of your computer without having to purchase any additional software. Taking screenshots on your Samsung laptop may be accomplished in a variety of methods, which we will discuss in this post. Full-screen snapshots, grabbing only the current window on your desktop with one click, and even capturing a specific section of the screen will all be covered in this tutorial.
Method 1 – Take a Full Screenshot
The great hardware and gorgeous touch displays of Samsung laptops are well-known; nonetheless, some people are curious about how to take a screenshot on such devices. Don’t be concerned; we’ve got you covered. See this post if you want to learn how to capture a great screenshot of your computer without having to purchase any additional software. Taking screenshots on your Samsung laptop may be accomplished in a variety of methods, as discussed in this article. Full-screen snapshots, grabbing only the current window on your desktop with one click, and even capturing a specific section of the screen will all be covered in this tutorial.
- Navigate to the screen you wish to capture a screenshot of and hit the Plus button. Make use of an image editor. (for example, paint or a picture editor)
- To paste the screenshot into the document you’re working on, use Ctrl + V on your keyboard. You may save it wherever you like on your computer, and you’re done.
The Snipping Program is a simple and quick tool for taking screenshots on your computer that is straightforward to use. It is ideal for students or for anybody who wants to make the most of their time by doing something constructive with it. Full screen, active window, rectangle, and free-form snapshots are all options for capturing screenshots in Windows 10.
- Navigate to the Start Menu and type “snipping tool” into the search box. Select Snipping Tool from the drop-down menu. Take a screenshot of the region that you wish to capture on camera
- Choose where you want the snapshot to be saved by clicking Save and selecting a location.
Method 3 – Using the Windows + Print Screen Keys
The key combination “Windows + PrtScrn” may be used to capture a specific portion of your screen, such as a single window or even just a portion of your screen while there are numerous windows open. Following the click, a snapshot of your current desktop will be copied to your clipboard and saved to your computer’s hard drive.
- Navigate to the part of the screen you wish to capture a screenshot of and hit the Plus button. Make use of an image editor. (for example, paint or a picture editor)
- To paste the screenshot into the document you’re working on, use Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
The four techniques listed above require you to save the file wherever you choose on your computer, and then just hit Ctrl,V to have it pasted into the document. Overall, they’re all fairly simple and straightforward to do. Samsung laptops are reasonably simple to use, thanks to their touchpad and on-screen virtual keyboard, which are both included. You can rapidly take a snapshot of a webpage, an app, or anything else that is shown on your screen with the screenshot tool.
How To Screenshot On Samsung Laptop (5 Methods)
If you are seeking for information on how to screenshot on a Samsung laptop, look no further. If this is the case, you have arrived to the correct location. The techniques discussed in this article may be used to take screenshots of your Samsung laptop while running Windows 10.
The procedures described in this article are only applicable to Windows 8 and later versions of the operating system. Full-screen screenshots, active-window screenshots, and capturing a specified region on your screen are all examples of screenshot kinds that will be discussed.
Method 1) Full-Screen Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Print Screen
If you want to take full-screen screenshots on your Samsung laptop, hit the “Print Scr” (Print Screen) button located on the keyboard. There will be no sound or visual indication on the screen to let you know that the screenshot was successfully captured. To paste the screenshot, you must first open Paint or any other image-editing program and then hit Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
- Activate a snapshot by selecting the tab you wish to capture and pressing the Print Screen key. Open Paint or any image-editing program of your choice. To paste the screenshot, use Ctrl + V on your keyboard. By hitting Ctrl+ S, you may save the screenshot.
Method 2) Active Screen Screenshot on Samsung Laptop Using Print Screen
When taking a screenshot, you may choose to simply capture the current screen and ignore the other screens. This is also possible with Windows 10. Simply press the Alt + Print screen keys together, then open any image editing tool, such as paint or paint 3D, and paste the screenshot into the program using the Ctrl + V keyboard shortcut.
- Choose the screen you wish to capture from a large number of options
- On your laptop, use the Alt + Print Screen key combination. Open Paint or any image-editing program of your choice. To paste the screenshot, use Ctrl + V on your keyboard. Using the Ctrl + S keyboard shortcut, save the screenshot.
You may also be interested in:Why are gaming laptops so expensive? How to Reduce Keyboard Noise while Using a Microphone
Method 3) Using Windows 10 Snip and Sketch Tool
When taking a screenshot of your Samsunglaptop screen, the snip and sketch tool in Windows 10 is one of the better options since it is simple to use and provides many more editing capabilities with which you may annotate your screenshot. You may also snap screenshots in a variety of various ways with the built-in Windows 10 snip and sketch tool, such as free form, rectangle, full screen, and active window. There are two methods to get to the snip and draw tool: by using the keyboard shortcut or by using the usual Windows search.
- A screenshot may be edited in the program after it has been taken using a variety of tools once it has been captured. To save the screenshot to your laptop, use Ctrl + S on your keyboard.
The following are the procedures to take in order to access snip and sketch through a keyboard shortcut.
- Press the Windows key + the Shift key + the S key. A new tab will appear at the top of the screen, from which you can choose the sort of screenshot you want to take. Once you’ve finished, you may adjust the screenshot in the program if necessary. To save the screenshot, use Ctrl + S on your keyboard.
Method 4) Using Windows 10 Snipping Tool
Snipping tool is another tool available in Windows that allows you to snap screenshots quickly and efficiently. Until recently, this program was the most often used for taking screenshots on Windows Vista. However, despite Microsoft’s recent announcement that the snipping tool will be discontinued, it is still available on Windows 10 and 11. The steps below will show you how to utilize the snipping tool on your Samsung laptop to snap a screenshot of the screen.
- In addition to the snapping tool, which is available in Windows, there is another tool that may be used to take screenshots. To capture a screenshot on Windows Vista, this is the program that has been most widely used till now. Microsoft said recently that the snipping tool will be discontinued
- Nevertheless, it is still available in Windows 10 and Windows 11 operating systems. Take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop by following these simple steps: 1. Launch the snipping tool.
Method 5) Using Windows 10 Game Bar
Another built-in software in Windows, the game bar, is often designed for gamers to record their games and allow you to capture a picture of your laptop screen while playing. So, in order to use the game bar for screenshotting, you must first access it by pressing the “Windows key + G” keyboard shortcut on your keyboard. If your game bar is not open when you use this shortcut, it will launch a menu in your game bar. You may also access the game bar by searching for it in the window search and clicking on it from there.
You may also capture movies by using the record button on the game bar.
Video Guide for Screenshot on Samsung
Screenshot taken on a Samsung device running Windows 10.
FAQ(How To Screenshot On Samsung Laptop)
In Windows 10, here is a screenshot of the Samsung Galaxy S5.
How do you take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop Windows 10?
When you hit the window key plus the Print Sr key, it will capture the entire screen, and when you want to capture the active window, you must use the Alt key plus the Print Scr key to capture the active window snapshot.
Using these 5 simple ways, you will be able to quickly and effortlessly capture a screenshot of your Samsung laptop screen. If one approach does not work on your laptop, you may try another and choose the one that is the most simple to use and remember. You may also be interested in:How to Screenshot on a Gateway Laptop. How to Take a Screenshot on a Sony Notebook How to Capture a Screenshot on an Acer Laptop.
How to take screenshots on a laptop: 10 ways to do it on any Windows/ macOS-powered laptops
Throughout the course of a typical workday or your classes, you will be required to take screenshots of your work in order to record your work in its preliminary state. The ability to snap still images of virtually anything on your computer screen and store them as JPG or PNG files for later use is available whether you are using a Windows laptop/PC or a Mac. The processes for taking screenshots on a PC, on the other hand, differ depending on the program being used. Each operating system, including Windows and macOS, has its own set of methods or instructions for capturing screenshots, and if you aren’t familiar with them, it can be a little difficult.
All of the methods to capture a screenshot on a Windows 10 or Windows 7 laptop or PC, as well as a Macintosh, are described here.
How to take screenshots on Windows 10 laptop/ PCs
There are a variety of methods for taking a screenshot on laptops and desktop computers running Windows 10. The methods for taking a screenshot on a laptop running Windows 7 are the same as they are on a desktop computer. Take a look at this:
1. Take a screenshot on Windows 7/ 10 laptop using app
If you have a Windows 10 laptop or PC, there are several methods for taking a screenshot. It is the same procedure for taking a snapshot on a laptop running Windows 7. Here’s what you need to know about
- To do so, go to the Start Menu and type Snipping Tool into the search box. With choices such as ‘New’, “Mode,” “Delay,” “Cancel,” and “Options,” the program will be shown to the user. New button will allow users to create screenshots on their laptops in any format they like (freeform, without any predefined dimensions or shapes)
- When using the ‘Mode’ option, you can select the type of screenshot you want to take — you can choose anything from a full-screen image to a rectangle image to a free-form image. It is possible to put the process on hold by pressing the “Cancel” button, and you can also set a timer for the screenshot capture process by using the “Delay” button.
2. Print screen in Windows using this key
Aside from the software, users of a Windows laptop can capture a still image of what is now displayed on the screen by pressing the ‘PrtScn’ key. This option allows you to print the screen on both Windows 10 and Windows 7-powered computers. Thank you to newstraveller for their assistance.
- In most cases, the PrtScn key is located in the upper-right corner of the keyboard. In order to capture an image of the complete laptop screen and save it to a clipboard, press the key. You can then paste the image into Paint, Microsoft Word, or any other software that shows images. On certain computers, the button may require help from the Function key, which is denoted by the letter ‘Fn.’. On such PCs, press the keys Fn+PrtScn to capture a screenshot.
3. Capture screenshot of the active window using Alt+PrtScn
- When you select this option, just the active window – the screen you’re now working on — is copied to the clipboard, which you may then paste into another application. Take a screenshot on a Windows 7 or Windows 10 laptop by pressing the PrtScn button while holding down the ‘Alt’ key.
4. Windows key+Shift+S, to take a screenshot of a specific portion
- If you want to record a specific section of the screen, hit these three keys together: Windows + Shift+S. A dimmed screen will result, as will the mouse pointer being changed to a drag
- Choose the section of the video you wish to record
- It is possible to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, which may subsequently be pasted into any software that accepts images.
5. Directly save the screenshot on PC using Windows key+PrtScn
- You may save a screenshot as an image file instead of copying it to the clipboard by using the Windows key+PrtScn shortcut command on your Windows laptop. Taking a snapshot of the full screen and saving it in the “Pictures” folder, under a subdirectory called “Screenshots,” is as simple as pressing the keys.
6. Windows key+G
- This option is intended for gamers who wish to capture a screenshot on a Windows laptop
- Nevertheless, it is not recommended for beginners. To activate a game overlay while playing the game, hold down the Windows key and the G key at the same time. To capture a screenshot, click on the camera icon or press the Windows key + Alt + PrtScnkeys at the same time. When you take a screenshot, it is saved in the “Videos” folder under the subdirectory titled “Captures.” Those who are playing games on Steam may snap screenshots by using the F11 key, which can then be accessed from the ‘Steam’ folder.
How to take screenshots on macOS laptops/ PCs
You may also snap a screenshot on MacOS using a variety of options, each of which has its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
It is the quickest and most convenient method of taking a screenshot on macOS laptops/PCs. Simply pressing these three keys simultaneously will result in a still image of the full screen being captured.
This is a little more complex command that allows you to capture a specified area of the screen on your computer. It will transform your pointer into an acrosshair, which you can then choose and drag anywhere on the screen to capture a screenshot of the current screen.
- Additionally, you may press and release the space bar, which will transform the crosshair into a little camera icon on the screen. Hover the icon over the window you wish to capture so that it is highlighted, and then click on it or hit the enter key to capture the window. When you execute this command (after dragging to highlight an area but before releasing the mouse button or trackpad), you may lock in the shape and size of the highlighted region and move it anywhere on the screen by pressing and holding the space bar. This is useful if the area that was initially picked is a bit off
- After dragging to highlight an area, but before releasing the mouse button, you may hold down the Shift key to lock each side of the selected region, while continuing to move the cursor up or down to position the bottom border free.
- This option essentially allows you to have complete control over the snapshot
- Once the command has been executed, you will see a box on the screen that you may customize to your preference, as well as a slew of additional choices
- You may capture a screenshot of the selected region by pressing the ‘enter’ key or by selecting the ‘Capture selected section’ option from the little panel below. The panel also includes the ‘Capture Entire Screen’ and ‘Capture Selected Window’ buttons, as well as two video-recording buttons that allow you to record your entire screen or a selection of it, and a ‘Option’ button that allows you to choose the drive where you want to save screenshots, as well as set a timer, among other things. The screenshot panel may be closed by using the Escape key, which is located on the left-hand side of the screen.
Due to the fact that it allows you to capture a screenshot of the Touch Bar, this option is only accessible for MacBook models with Touch Bars. All screenshots taken on macOS laptops will be saved on the desktop computer’s hard drive (by default).
You may, however, alter the location to any other disk or folder of your choosing. Press Command-Shift-5 to access the Options menu, then pick Save Location from the drop-down list. All of your future screenshots will be saved to the specified folder or disk.
How to Take a Screenshot on a Windows PC or Laptop
The use of screenshots can be beneficial at business, necessary for record-keeping, or required by tech support in order to better show an issue you are experiencing. It is possible to complete this easy activity in Windows using a variety of different approaches, which we have described in detail in the following sections. Each of these solutions, it should be noted, works just as effectively in Windows 11 as they do in Windows 10.
Method 1: The Snipping Tool
The Snipping Tool is the most effective native alternative approach. However, when it comes to saving a screenshot, its built-in screen-capture software is neither the most sturdy nor the most adaptable. But it is a software that lets users to better specify and record areas of their desktop display as a screenshot, rather than the entire screen. Here’s how to put it to use. The first step is to create a plan. Simplest way to get started is to typenipping toolinto the taskbar’s search box and then choose the resultant application.
- Don’t be concerned.
- Step 2:Once the Snipping Tool has been launched, click the Mode button to reveal its menu options.
- A new look for the tool has been introduced in Windows 11.
- These buttons perform the same functions as the ones we’ve already discussed.
- Step 3: Keep in mind that when you utilize the Free-Form and Rectangular Snip modes, the screen will turn white.
- If you’re capturing a specific window (Window Snip), your screen will be tinted white, with the exception of the contents of the window you’re now recording.
- It has the ability to wait between one and five seconds before taking an amazing screenshot, allowing you to record an exact point in a film or animated sequence.
Use a pen or highlighter to make minor adjustments, and then erase what you don’t want to see anymore. 5) When you’re through editing using the Snipping Tool, click File in the upper-left corner of the window and then select the Save As option from the drop-down menu that appears.
Method 2: SnipSketch
It is the latest version of Microsoft’s snipping software, which is called SnipSketch. This utility may be used from the Startmenu or by using the keys Win + Shift + Son on your keyboard. Here’s how to put it to use. First, when you press the keyboard shortcut, the screen dims and a five-button toolbar appears at the top of the screen. Step 2: You have access to the same features as the earlier Snipping Tool, but it does not save screenshots to a file like the older Snipping Tool. Instead, the image is copied to your clipboard without any further processing.
- Using the same notification, you’ll be able to make edits to the taken image from within the SnipSketch app.
- If you click on the notice, the screenshot is loaded into the app, where you may crop it and use various tools such as a pen, pencil, highlighter, and eraser to edit it.
- The screen darkens, and a five-button toolbar emerges at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4:When you’re finished, save the image to any location on your computer by selecting the Disk-Style option.
Method 3: Keyboard shortcuts (PrintScreen)
When you use keyboard shortcuts to capture your desktop as a picture, Windows presents six different options. Three of them are reliant on the Print Screen (PrtScn) key, while the remaining three need the Windows (Win) key to be pressed simultaneously. On external keyboards, the PrtScn key is positioned in the upper-right corner, and it is dedicated to this function. Windows (Win) is commonly found in the lower-left corner of the keyboard, between the Control (Ctrl) and Alternate (Alt) keys. It’s easy to overlook because it’s emblazoned with the Windows logo.
- In this scenario, in addition to pressing the Print Screen key, you must also hit the Function (Fn) key.
- Captures the full screen in one shot.
- By default, this approach does not save your image to a file, but instead simply copies the image to the clipboard of your computer’s operating system.
- Before tapping these two keys, make sure that the target window, such as a document or a browser, has been highlighted first (or three on certain laptops).
- Print Screen (Win + Print Screen): Prints the full screen.
- By default, it is saved to C:UsersPicturesScreenshots or C:UsersOneDrive, depending on the user’s preference.
- The screen dims, and a tiny toolbar (without the Exit button) appears, with four options: Rectangular Snip, Freeform Snip, Window Snip, and Fullscreen Snip (not including the Exit icon).
- We will go into further detail about this later in the guide.
- When you click the Capture button and then the Camera icon, this utility will save an image to the C: drive as a jpg file.
- Print Screen (Windows + Alt + Print Screen): Prints only the currently active window.
In certain instances, the screen flickers or dims to indicate that Windows has taken a snapshot. This is normal. If this does not occur, open File Explorer and navigate to the relevant default places to see whether or not Windows saved your image.
Method 4: Using OneDrive
With OneDrive, you can store screenshots to the cloud, making them available from any device with an internet connection. By default, though, screenshots are not saved in the program. Instead, you must choose the Cloudicon, which is located next to the System Clock (or in theHidden Iconsmenu marked with an upward-facing arrow). If this symbol does not display, you may need to first launch the OneDrive app and sign in to your account in order for it to appear. Choose HelpSettings from the pop-up menu that appears after clicking on theCloud symbol.
- Then, in the following pop-up window, select theBackup tab and tick the box next toScreenshots to save the screenshots.
- It is possible to save an image file to OneDrive by pressing the first two Print Screencommands on your keyboard in this situation.
- If you want to be able to access the photographs on your PC, be sure to sync the Screenshots folder.
- If everything appears to be in order, you may move it, attach it to an email, upload it to the cloud, and do other operations on it.
- Any of these programs will allow you to easily paste in your picked image and then crop it down — or save it in a different file format — without having to learn a new program.
How to take a screenshot on other devices
The process of capturing a screenshot on your Mac, rather than your Windows PC, is also quite simple to understand. Taking a screenshot on your Windows PC is far more complicated. There are a variety of approaches that may be used to do this, but the most straightforward is to make use of certain convenient keyboard shortcuts. A selection box may be drawn out by pressing Command + Shift + 3 and the entire screen can be captured by pressing Command + Shift + 4. This approach is also applicable to Windows tablets, such as taking a screenshot on a Microsoft Surface 2-in-1 computer.
A screenshot may be taken on a Chromebook using several different techniques, but the quickest and most straightforward option is to use a keyboard shortcut.
- The best prices and sales on 17-inch laptops for January 2022
- The best Asus laptop discounts available in January 2022
- To keep organized on your desktop, learn how to utilize Stacks. What the Activity Monitor is and how to use it on a Mac How to uninstall McAfee from your computer
How to Take a Screenshot on Any Phone or Laptop
When it is successful, you will hear a capture sound and see a screenshot preview at the bottom left of the screen, where you may touch on it to modify or share the screenshot with others. Scrolling screenshots are available from several Android phone manufacturers. This function allows you to record a whole webpage or messaging thread at once. Despite the fact that they all have different names, they all need you to take a screenshot and then touch on a button when the preview shows. When usingScroll Capture on a Samsung phone, for example, you should tap the button with two arrows in a box to activate it.
- If your phone does not have this capability, you may want to try using a third-party software such as Screen Master.
- Snipping Tool for Windows Photograph courtesy of Simon Hill To take a screenshot on a Windows laptop or desktop computer, hit the Print Screenkey on the keyboard to start the screenshot process (usually abbreviated toPrt Scnor similar).
- Your screenshot is instantly transferred to the clipboard, and you must open Microsoft Paint, Photoshop, or whatever picture software you are using in order to paste it in order to modify and save it.
- After that, you may click and drag to highlight the portion of the video you want to take and then release the mouse button to capture it.
- You will need to paste the snapshot after it has been copied to your clipboard.
- In your Picturesfolder, you’ll see a folder titledScreenshots that contains all of your screenshots.
To capture a piece of the screen, hold down the Shift, Control, and Show Windowskeys while clicking and dragging to highlight the area you want to capture, then release the mouse button to capture the screenshot.
How to Take Screenshots on Laptop (2022)
If you’re seeking for the quickest and most convenient ways to take screenshots on your laptop, you’ve come to the correct spot. Snap a look at this post to learn how to take screenshots on a laptop quickly and efficiently. Simply follow the suggestions provided below.
How to take screenshots on laptop easily?
- Take a snapshot of the full screen as well as an active window by using keyboard keys. Make use of the Snipping Tool to capture and edit screenshots. It is recommended to use Snagit to capture, edit, and share screenshots.
Tip 1: Use keyboard shortcuts to screenshot the entire screen and an active window
Use Windows keyboard shortcuts to capture screenshots on your laptop and then import them into an app. This is the fastest method for taking screenshots on your laptop.
If you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen, press the Print Screen or PrtSc key.
The full screen will be recorded and automatically transferred to the clipboard of the computer running Windows. The snapshot may then be pasted into Paint, Word, or any other tool of your choice.
If you want to take a screenshot of an active window, press Alt+PrtScn.
Using your mouse, choose the window that you wish to capture, then press the Alt and PrtScnkeys at the same time. The photo will be captured and transferred to your clipboard. These Windows keyboard keys can only be used to record the full screen or a single window at any given time. In order to capture a specific region and alter the screenshot, you must use a different way. See Tips 2 and 3 for suggestions.
Tip 2: Use Snipping Tool to take and edit screenshots
Snipping Utility is a screenshot tool that comes pre-installed on your computer. You may use it to capture your screen and perform some basic editing on the captured image. Follow these steps to snap screenshots on your laptop using Snipping Tool:
- Using the Windows search box, typesnip and then selectSnipping Tool from the list of results To take a screenshot, select New from the Snipping Tool menu. Drag the crosshair to the location where you want to begin taking the screenshot, and then release the mouse button to choose a region. Note: If you wish to cancel, use Esc before you click
- Otherwise, press Enter. To save the screenshot, click the Save Snipicon button. Please keep in mind that you can save the photo in either PNG or JPEG format.
If you want to make some extra edits to your screenshots before sharing them with your friends, you may try Tip 3 below, which will show you how. There are several screenshot applications accessible on the Internet. We propose Snagit as one of the best. Snagit is a screenshot application that also includes picture editing and screen recording capabilities. You may use it to take a screenshot rapidly, modify the screenshot quickly and efficiently with its comprehensive picture editing features, and even capture movies with its video capture feature.
- Snagit should be downloaded and installed. Run the software and login in with your credentials, then click the Capture button. Drag the pointer to the location where you want to begin taking the snapshot, and then release it to choose a region. Alternatively, you may hover your mouse over a window or area to have it automatically selected, then left-click your mouse to capture the selected area. If you want to save your screenshot as an image, click the camera icon on the toolbar. In the Snagit Editor box that appears, you may make changes to your image. You may edit your image by adding shapes, text, and effects, as well as making modifications. The image may be saved, or it can be shared by clicking on theSharebutton in the upper right corner of the screen. Please keep in mind that you may only trial the full version of Snagit for a period of 15 days. When the free trial period expires, you’ll be required to purchase it.
If you have any further recommendations, please do not hesitate to submit them in the comments section. This was beneficial to 123123 persons.
How to Take a Screen Shot (Screen Capture)
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format This wikiHow tells you how to snap screenshots of your computer screen. Using a screenshot, you may capture a still snapshot of the screen on your computer or mobile device and save it for later use. When it comes to taking screenshots, almost all electronic gadgets offer a built-in feature. When compared to taking a picture of the screen using a camera, this method gives a cleaner image. Most desktop computers also feature the option to capture a screenshot of a specific portion of the screen or an individual application, as well as a snapshot of the whole screen.
- 1Press Win + PrintScreen to save the screenshot to a file on your computer’s hard drive. The button labeled “PrintScreen” may be shortened as “PrintScreen” (i.e “prt sc” or similar). This will save you the trouble of having to copy and paste it into another software. The file will be stored in the “Screenshots” folder, which is located within your “Pictures” directory. It will be produced if it does not already exist
- Else, it will be generated. 2 To capture a snapshot of only the currently active window, pressAlt + Win + PrintScreen. The button labeled “PrintScreen” may be shortened as “PrintScreen” (i.e “prt sc” or similar). The active window is the window that is currently showing at the top of your desktop display. The program is furthermore highlighted on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. The screen capture image will not contain any of the applications that are running in the background. The images will be stored to the “Capture” folder within the “Videos” folder after they are captured. Advertisement
- s3 Take a snapshot of the entire screen in Windows 7 or Vista. To do so, press thePrint Screenbutton on your keyboard. It is possible to shorten it (i.e “prt sc”). It is normally found on the top row of the keyboard, on the right-hand side of the keyboard. If you’re using a laptop, you may need to hit theFunctionorFnkey to activate the function.
- The picture will be copied to the clipboard when you click on it. Therefore, the picture data will need to be put into an image editing tool such as Paint or Photoshop before it can be shown. To copy and paste a picture, type Ctrl + V on your keyboard.
- 1 To capture a full-screen screenshot, press Command + Shift + 3 at the same time. This captures a photo of the complete screen on the computer. The sound of a camera shutter will be produced by the computer.
- By default, screenshots are saved to your desktop
- However, you may change this setting. The shortcut key combinations Command + Control + Shift + 3 are used to copy the snapshot to your clipboard rather than saving it to a file. To save the picture data, the image data will be copied rather than saved as a jpeg file. A photo editor such as Photoshop, GIMP, or Preview will be required to alter the image.
- 2Press the keys Command + Shift + 4 to capture a portion of your screen. The pointer will change into a crosshair at this moment. The crosshairs should be moved to create a box around the region of the screen that you wish to capture
- 3To grab a specific window, press Command + Shift + 4 + Spacebar at the same time. As a result, the pointer will change to a camera icon. To take a screenshot of a window, select it and click it. As soon as you click, the computer will make a “shutter” sound and the image will be stored to a file on your computer’s hard drive. Advertisement
- 1To take a snapshot of the whole screen, use Ctrl + Show Windows. This will capture a snapshot of everything that is now showing on your screen. It is the button with an icon that resembles a computer screen with two lines to the right that is labeled “Show Windows.” Located in the center of the top row of the keyboard, it’s easy to find. 2 To snap a partial screenshot, use the keys Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows at the same time. The screen will get somewhat darker as a result of this. Then, with the mouse cursor hovering over the region you wish to capture, click and drag the mouse cursor over it. Then pressEnter or clickCopy to Clipboard if you’d want to copy the screenshot rather than pressing Enter. The toolbar has more snapshot options that you may choose from.
- It is the button with an icon that resembles a computer screen with two lines to the right that is labeled “Show Windows.” Located in the center of the top row of the keyboard, it’s easy to find.
- 3To snap a screenshot on a tablet, hold down the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time. Assuming your Chromebook is a tablet, you may capture a snapshot of the full screen by simultaneously pressing both the Power and Volume Down buttons. To turn on the notification, press the button. Following the capture of a screenshot, a notice occurs. To see a screenshot, simply click on it. Additionally, you may find your screenshots via the Files application. Advertisement
- 1Go to the screen that you wish to capture and click it. You must first locate the image or picture that you wish to photograph, as well as any message or website that you want captured. 2 Make sure you are using the correct button combination for your iPhone or iPad model. Each iPhone and iPad model has a unique set of buttons that must be pressed at the same time in order to snap a screenshot of the device. iPhone models differ in terms of the button combinations that are available. When a screenshot is captured, the screen will flash to indicate that it has been taken. Make use of one of the button combinations listed below:
- Apple iPhone with Face ID: Hold down both the Side button and the Volume Upbutton at the same time. In the case of an iPhone equipped with a Home button, press both the Home button and the Side button or the Wake/Sleep button at the same time. The Side button is located on the right-hand side of the phone’s housing. The Wake/Sleep button is located on the top-right shoulder of the garment. The following instructions apply to an iPad without a Home button: Hold down the top and volume up buttons at the same time
- If you have an iPad with a Home button, press both the Home button and the Top button at the same time.
- 3Start by launching the Photos application. It is represented with an icon that resembles a bright flower
- 4TapAlbums. It’s at the lower-right corner of the screen
- 5. Scroll down and select the Screenshotsalbum from the drop-down menu. The photograph you just recorded will be the final image in the album, at the very bottom of the page where it will be shown. Advertisement
- 1Go to the screen that you wish to capture and click it. You must first locate the image or picture that you wish to photograph, as well as any message or website that you want captured. 2 At the same moment, press the Power and Volume-Down keys on your phone. The screenshot will be indicated by a flash on the screen.
- Power and Home buttons on Samsung Galaxy handsets with a Home button must be pressed simultaneously in order to function properly. To take a screenshot, simply swipe your hand over the screen from left to right on the computer screen
- 3Start the Gallery application. It is typically represented with an icon that looks like an image. For more information on the Gallery, tap on the icon on your Home screen
- 4 Select theScreenshotsfolder from the drop-down menu. This is the folder in which all of your screenshots are kept for future reference. Advertisement
Create a new question
- Problem: The lock button on my Samsung is no longer working. Is there an alternate method of taking a screenshot that does not require the use of an app? Select SettingsMotionGestures from the drop-down menu. Taking screenshots by swiping across the entire screen from left to right is available from this menu. Question What may be causing a phone to fail to take a screen shot? If the storage on your phone is full, it will not be able to snap a screenshot. Question My computer is a Dell running Windows 7. What is the best way to snap a screenshot? To use the PrtSc SysRq button, press it. Question If my HP desktop computer’s keyboard does not include the function key (Chrome), how can I take a screenshot? Get Chromecast by visiting the Chrome App Store on your computer. It does not contain screenshots, but it does allow you to record a one-second video. Question Is it possible to snap a screenshot on a Kindle Fire? Yes. Press and hold both the volume down button and the power button at the same time until they become responsive. Question What is the best way to develop a platform for screenshots? On a computer, there is a key in the top right corner of your keyboard that you may use to access this feature. It reads “PRT SC,” which is an abbreviation for “print screen.” Once you’ve pressed that key, open a word processing program and paste it in
- Question What is the best way to snap a screenshot on a Lenovo G4? You only need to press and hold the volume down and lock (power) keys on the right side of the phone for a few seconds until you hear the camera shutter sound and see a flashing animation appear on the screen. It will be saved in the screenshot directory on your phone’s memory card. This is located in the AppsGalleryScreenshots folder on the Moto G4. Question What is the location of the screenshots? Unless otherwise specified, all screenshots are saved to your camera roll. Most of the time, you will be prompted whether you want to save or delete the snapshot. Question Is it possible to snap a screenshot on a Hisense phone? In order to take a screenshot on your Hisense phone, hit the power button as well as the volume button at the same time, as shown below. Question What is the best way to take a screenshot on my Samsung phone? Hold down the power button on the right-hand side of the device and the volume down button on the left-hand side at the same time.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- Before taking a screenshot, make sure the screen isn’t displaying any private or humiliating information in the background before pressing the “Print Screen” button. This may contain tabs to websites that you don’t want others to know you’re visiting
- And tabs to websites that you don’t want others to know you’re seeing.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo capture a screenshot on Windows, press the “Window” and “PrintScreen” keys at the same time. You can find your screenshots by looking in the Screenshots folder in your Pictures folder when you need to access them. A screenshot may also be taken on a Mac by pressing the “Command,” “Shift,” and “3” keys simultaneously. Following the sound of the camera shutter, you’ll see a file titled “Screen Shot” on your computer’s desktop. If you’re using an iPhone or iPad, you can snap a screenshot by pressing and holding the “Home” and “Sleep/Wake” keys at the same time.
Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 1,496,134 times.
Is this article up to date?
The most often used shortcut for capturing a screenshot is to press and hold the Volume Down + Power keys together for three seconds at the same time. On some phones (such as Samsung’s), users will only need to press and hold the keys once, for a small period of time, rather than holding them for three seconds.
How do you take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop Windows 10?
The Print Screen(PrtScn) key on your keyboard is the quickest and most convenient way to take a screenshot in Windows 10. To record the complete screen, just hit the PrtScn key on your keyboard, which is located on the upper-right side of your keyboard. The screenshot will be copied to your clipboard when it has been taken.
How do you take screenshots on laptops?
To capture the full screen, hold down the Windows key and the Print Screen key at the same time. Your screen will darken briefly to signify that a successful picture has been taken. Open an image-editing application on your computer (Microsoft Paint, GIMP, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro will all work). Copy the screenshot and paste it into a new picture by pressing CTRL + V.
How do I do a screen shot?
Take a screenshot of the page
- In order to use the power and volume down buttons at the same time, press them together. Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds if it doesn’t solve the problem. Then selectScreenshot from the drop-down menu. If neither of these options work, visit the support website for the manufacturer of your phone for assistance.
How do I take a screenshot on my Windows computer?
Windows. To capture a screenshot of the full screen, use the PrtScn or Print Scrn buttons on your keyboard: A snapshot of your full screen will be taken while you use Windows by hitting the Print Screenbutton (found in the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard). By using this button, you are effectively copying a screenshot of the screen to the clipboard.
Can I take a screenshot on my Samsung?
Take a screenshot by pressing and holding the Volume down key as well as the Power key (Side key) at the exact same time. Screenshots are taken when the screen flashes, signaling that a screenshot has been taken.
So, if all you want to do with the screenshot at the time is share it, Google Assistant is the perfect tool for you. To capture a screenshot on Android without using the power button, launch Google Assistant and say ” Take a screenshot “. It will instantly take a screenshot of your screen and open the sharing sheet immediately.
Step 1: Find the screen that you wish to capture and click on it. The notification panel may be accessed by swiping downward from the top bar in Step 2. The fast settings menu will be displayed. Locate and choose theScreenshotoption from the menu bar.
Where is screenshot option in Samsung?
Go to the advanced features section of the settings menu. swipe the palm of your hand to record the actions and gestures Make certain that this option is enabled. Swipe the side of your hand across the screen to make a selection. You can swipe left or right; both options are valid.
A screenshot is a highly useful tool for people who use computers on a daily basis. Because they are such a common tool, the advantages and potential of screenshots are sometimes ignored. Photographs allow us to distribute fragments from live videos for business reasons and even share dialogues in personal chats that would otherwise need time-consuming copy-paste work operations.
We’ll take a look at the most simple ways to take screenshots on every device, whether it’s a Windows PC, a macOS PC, an Android phone, or an iPhone – all of which are covered here. Also Check out this article on how to update drivers on Windows 10 PCs and laptops.
How to Take Screenshots on Windows 7, 10 or Windows 11Laptops or PCs
When it comes to Windows computers, including both desktop computers and laptop computers from manufacturers such as Dell, HP, Asus, Lenovo and Acer, the process of taking screenshots was previously difficult and time-consuming. The good news is that all of this has changed in recent years, and your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC now offers a rather simple way to capture screenshots and store them to your computer’s hard drive. Fortunately, the procedure of capturing a screenshot is the same regardless of whether you are using a Dell laptop, an HP laptop, or a Lenovo business desktop computer.
The following procedures should be followed on the older computer:
- On Windows 7, go to the Start menu, select Run, and type Snipping Tool into the search box
- On Windows Vista, go to the Start menu, select Run, and type Snipping Tool into the search box
- On Windows XP, go to the Start menu, select Run, and type Snipping Tool into the search box
- On Windows 7, go to the Start menu, select Run, Once the tool has been launched, select ‘New’ from the drop-down menu. Before you click, double-check that you are now in the window from which you wish to take a screenshot. The new button brings up a window with a variety of options. Select the portion of the display that you desire to capture using your mouse cursor
- This will open a new window with the portion of the display that you selected
- To save a screenshot, press Ctrl + S on your keyboard, go to the folder where you want to store the file, then click on ‘Save’.
Also see: How to Download Instagram Videos, Stories, and Photos to Your Computer and Phone. Taking a screenshot in Windows 10 or Windows 11 is lot simpler than it was in previous versions. Here are the most effective methods:
- The screenshot button in the upper function keys bar of your desktop or laptop keyboard, as well as the Windows key on your keyboard, are all you need to take a screenshot that covers the full screen. When utilizing the Windows + Screenshot shortcut, you may additionally need to hold down the ‘Function’ key (usually located to the left of the Windows key) for a brief period of time
- This will depend on the manufacturer of your keyboard. To capture only a certain portion of the screen, hold down the Windows key and the Left Shift key while pressing S. In your Windows PC’s display, a picker will appear, which you may drag over any area of the screen to save it as a screenshot. Please keep in mind that screenshots taken on Windows PCs are automatically saved in the usual Pictures folder, rather than in a dedicated ‘Screenshots’ folder – unless otherwise configured in the System settings
Check out these other articles:5 Best Gaming Laptops (2020) for PUBG and Other Popular Multiplayer Battle Games in India
How to Take Screenshot on Apple MacBook
Historically, taking a screenshot on a Mac has always been a more smooth experience than doing the same on a Windows-based computer. Apple’s significantly more cohesive environment, which includes both software and hardware, has ensured that the process of capturing a screenshot has stayed uniform and stable over several generations of MacBooks. You can accomplish it in the following ways:
- Similarly to Windows, macOS includes two methods for taking a screenshot — one that captures the full screen and another that captures a portion of the screen
- If you want to capture the full screen, press Command + Left Shift + 3
- If you only want to capture a segment of the screen, press Command + Left Shift + 4. then drag and choose the portion of the screen that you wish to capture using your mouse cursor
- Taken from the desktop screen, screenshots taken on macOS (on both desktop and laptop computers) will be kept on the desktop screen itself.
Check out this article:PDF Password Unlock: How to Remove Password from PDF File Using Adobe Reader, Small PDF, and Google Chrome.
How to Take Screenshot on Android Mobile Phone
The fact that Android is a very fragmented operating system means that the process of taking screenshots differs slightly depending on which OEM you’re using. Thus, taking a screenshot on a Samsung phone is slightly different from taking a screenshot on a OnePlus phone, which is slightly different from taking a screenshot on a Xiaomi phone, or a Vivo phone, and so on. Although there are significant differences, the method is generally comparable. This is how you may go about it:
- Some Android phones have a slightly different configuration for taking screenshots than others, which is understandable given the diversity of the Android ecosystem. Take a screenshot by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons simultaneously for three seconds
- This is the most common shortcut for taking a screenshot. On some phones (such as Samsung’s), users will only need to press and hold the keys once, for a brief period of time, rather than pressing and holding for three seconds. If your phone is capable of supporting gestures, you can also capture screenshots by swiping from the top to the bottom of your phone’s display with three fingers. Additionally, if your phone is capable of supporting it, you may capture a prolonged rolling screenshot on an Android device. Following the completion of the basic snapshot, you will be presented with the choice to capture a rolling screenshot. In addition, you can choose to edit screenshots immediately after they are taken by tapping on the Edit button at the bottom of your screen after you capture the image on your device. You can then edit it further by adding text to it, cropping it, or otherwise modifying it in any way that your phone allows.
Check out these other articles:5 Best Laptops for Students Under Rs 35,000 to Buy Online on Amazon or Flipkart
How to Take Screenshot on Apple iPhones (iOS)
The procedure of taking a screenshot on an Apple iPhone was similar to that of taking a screenshot on a Mac across numerous generations of iOS until Apple introduced the new generation of full-screen iPhones that do not have a physical home button. It is as a result of this that Apple has somewhat rearranged the button configuration, and the following is how you may capture screenshots on an iPhone today:
- For iPhones with a physical home button (i.e., iPhone 8 Plus and older), you can take a screenshot by pressing the power button and the home key at the same time, once. For iPhone X, XR, and newer models (i.e., those without a physical home button), hold down the Volume Up + Power buttons simultaneously for one second. As an option, you may alter your snapshot by selecting Edit Screenshot from the screenshot prompt located at the bottom of your screen.
Thank you for sticking with me until the conclusion of this post. Like our Facebook page for more of this type of helpful and unique tech stuff.
How To Take A Screenshot On A Samsung Laptop
In today’s world, laptop computers have become an indispensable component of your daily routine. While many different companies produce laptop computers, Samsung is one in particular that produces laptops that are designed to meet the demands of a wide range of consumers. Whether you’re browsing the web or capturing screenshots of your favorite websites, the system makes it simple to complete your chores.
The process of taking a screenshot is identical to that of photographing whatever is now displayed on your screen. Taking screenshots on your laptop is a simple process. If you don’t know how to take a screenshot on a Samsung laptop, however, you can refer to the instructions below.
Tips to take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop
Whenever it comes down to visualizing anything on a screen, there are several alternatives. You may visualize the image of the entire website, a window, or the desktop of your computer. Please keep in mind that several commands are available for capturing photographs of a site, a window, and a desktop. You should decide what you would like to shoot from the screen before you begin. That will make your job easier, as well as save you time and aggravation. Here are some simple, yet critical, pointers on how to take screenshots.
Taking pictures of your desktop icons
Some users want to keep the icons that are now shown on their laptop’s desktop. They do this in order to prevent the loss of critical objects that they use on a regular basis. Using a screenshot of the laptop’s desktop, users may determine whether a certain software or icon featured on the desktop has been lost owing to a virus or improper settings. As a result, they will be able to install or download the item for usage. Making a snapshot of your laptop’s desktop is a straightforward procedure.
The key may be found in the top row of your keyboard’s keypad.
Using this method, the screenshot will be copied to an unknown zone.
Now that the screenshot has been imported into the Word document, it will appear as an image.
Taking a screenshot of a website
Check to ensure that you are on the webpage that you want to shoot before you begin. Now hit either Prt Sc or PrtScn to start the game. As previously indicated, the screenshot will be transferred to an undisclosed location. Specify the location in which you want to put the screenshot of the website in your document. Finally, copy it and paste it by clicking on the paste symbol. You may also paste the screenshot by pressing the Control key and the V key at the same time. Your screenshot should now display as a snapshot in the document you’re currently working on.
Taking a screenshot of a window
Check to see that the window you want to picture is indeed open. Click on the window and press PrtScn or Prt Sc to start the program. Only the image of that particular window will be replicated. Once the snapshot has been copied to the unknown zone, open a document in which you wish to put the window picture in question. The copied snapshot may be pasted into your favourite document by clicking either the Paste icon or the Control key and V at the same time.
If you don’t know what you’re doing when it comes to printing screens from your laptop computer, it might be a difficult chore. If you want to capture a financial transaction or the entire website, you should be able to do it with relative ease. Despite the fact that it is a straightforward task, many people are unfamiliar with it.
If you happen to be one of these users, you should follow the steps outlined above on how to take a screenshot on a Samsung notebook computer. In little time at all, you may be collecting photographs of displays for whatever reason you choose with relative ease. Further reading on the subject: