- 1 How to set up and manage your Samsung account
- 2 How to Create a Samsung Account for Samsung Apps & More
- 3 How to Create a Samsung Account on Your Computer
- 4 Why Set Up a Samsung Account?
- 5 How to Add a Samsung Account on Your Phone
- 6 What Can You Do With Your Samsung Account?
- 7 Samsung Account Key Features
- 8 How to Create a Samsung Account
- 9 About This Article
- 10 Is this article up to date?
- 11 Tutorial Progress
- 12 How to Add, Remove, and Delete Samsung Account From Your Android Phone
- 13 Remove Samsung Account From Your Android Phones
- 14 Add Samsung Account to Android Phones
- 15 Delete Samsung Account on the Web
- 16 Benefits of Samsung Account
- 17 Too Many Accounts
- 18 Why you need a Samsung Account
- 19 Find my Mobile
- 20 Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
- 21 Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
- 22 Do I need a Samsung account if I have a Google Account?
- 23 What if the user chose not to create a Samsung account
- 24 How to Create a Samsung Account?
- 25 How to delete your Samsung account?
- 26 Wrapping up
- 27 Do you need a Samsung account when using Galaxy devices?
- 28 There are other limitations that may not be obvious at first
- 29 Here are the basic steps for setting up your new Samsung Galaxy phone
- 30 How to set up your Galaxy phone
- 31 Additional tips for an optimal setup
How to set up and manage your Samsung account
Apart from providing you with access to unique Samsung apps such as SmartThings and Samsung Pay, your Samsung account also allows you to back up, restore, and sync your data between different devices such as your smartphone and tablet. This will also come in handy if you lose track of your ID or password. Some functions may differ depending on the device and the country, so make sure your information is up to date. Please keep in mind that the options and screens that are available may differ depending on your wireless service provider, software version, and device.
Remember that if you are having problems with your Samsung account, please contact us.
For further information, please consult the section labeled “Log out or deactivate your account” in this document.
Because Galaxy phones and tablets come pre-installed with Samsung account software, you can instantly set up your account as soon as you receive your device from the manufacturer.
You may also make changes to your account details at any point in the future.
- Click onSettings at the top of the screen, and then onSamsung account. If you already have a Google account, enter your email address or phone number, or choose from the options Find ID, Create account, or Continue with Google. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. In order to sign in or establish an account, simply follow the on-screen instructions. In the case of an existing account, you may be needed to complete two-step verification before you can access your account. You will see your account name appear at the top of the Settings screen when you have successfully signed in
- To manage your account, simply tap yourname. After that, select Profile information. Make your changes by tapping on the information you wish to update. If you want to modify your birth date or chosen nickname, you may do that. If you’d like to update the email address connected with your account, go to the Profile details page and select Email from the drop-down menu. Change the email address by selecting Change and then following the on-screen directions
- In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
A computer is used to create and administer an account. When logging into or creating a Samsung account from a computer, you’ll need to utilize an internet browser to accomplish this. Keep in mind that only one Samsung account may be created for any individual email address.
- Go to the Samsung Login page by clicking here. Enter your login credentials, and then selectSign in to log into your account to complete the process. Alternatively, selectCreate account to create a new account. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. You may also choose Find ID, Reset password, or Continue with Google from the drop-down menu. Choose your profile image from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen once you have logged in. To see your account information, go to My Account > My Account Info. Fill up the blanks with the information you wish to change. SelectSaveat the bottom of the screen after you’re finished to save your modifications. To modify your email address, go to Account settings on your Samsung device. SelectEmail ID from the drop-down menu and follow the procedures
- In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
On a Samsung TV, you may create and manage an account.
- Navigate to and selectSettings on your television, followed by General on your computer
- Select System Manager, and then Samsung Account from the drop-down menu. You may either log in or create a new account on this page. To add your account, follow the on-screen prompts to the letter. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. If you need to manage your account, go return to System Manager and selectSamsung Account, followed by My Account. You may make any changes you want to your information from this page. In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
Please contact Samsung Support if you need to make any changes to your region or nation settings. Take note that changing your country will result in the deletion of your purchase history, as well as information about services such as Find My Mobile, Samsung account (SEMS), Calltext on other devices (including smartphones and tablets), Samsung Cloud, Samsung Apps (Android), Samsung Notes, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay (including Samsung Payment Service), Easy Signup, Gallery, and smart assistant information.
You will get a verification email after registering for a Samsung account, which will assist you in confirming your identity.
- Obtain access to and view the inbox linked with the email address connected with your Samsung account
- You should also check your spam mail box if you can’t find the email in your normal inbox. Open the email from your Samsung account and either click on theAccount Verificationbutton in the email or copy the URL and paste it into your online browser to complete the verification process. Following that, please follow the on-screen steps to complete the verification of your email account. Please keep in mind that if you have various email addresses, you can join up for different Samsung accounts. Each account, on the other hand, is considered as a distinct entity. Despite the fact that the accounts are owned by the same individual, the information on each account is maintained separately.
To avoid being locked out of your Samsung account because two-step verification isn’t functioning, contact Samsung Support for assistance. Accounts with Samsung are now subject to an obligatory two-step verification process. This means that when you log into your account, you will have to do an additional step. After you’ve entered your password, you’ll be prompted to input a security code, which will be sent to the phone number linked with your account if you don’t enter it correctly. You may link your account to up to three different phone numbers at a time.
To sign in, you may alternatively use an authenticator program, such as Microsoft Authenticator, or backup codes, which are also available for download.
You can find out further more about two-step authentication by reading our comprehensive guide.
In addition, the settings menu allows you to select an authenticator app and examine backup codes, which may be used as an alternate method of signing in.
- To begin, you’ll need to visit to the Security settings page, which will need two-step authentication. This website may be accessed using a web browser on your computer or from a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device.
- Using a phone or a tablet: Navigate to and openSettings, and then press on your name at the top of the screen to confirm. TapSecurity options, and then tapTwo-step verification to enable two-step verification. Enter the password for your Samsung account, and then click OK. Using a web browser, you may do the following: Obtain access to theSamsung Loginpage and log into your Samsung account. Hover your cursor over your profile image and then click on My Account. SelectSecurity from the drop-down menu under My Account Info. Enter the password associated with your Samsung account, click Confirm, and then click Two-step verification.
- Following your arrival at the Security settings page, the procedure is nearly same whether you’re using a mobile device or a PC
- Changing the phone number that receives verification codes may be done by selectingText messages from the drop-down menu. SelectAdd, add your selected phone number, and then selectVerifyorSend code to complete your transaction. A code will be given to the phone number you just entered
- Input the code to verify your identity and complete the registration process. Now, whenever you need to do two-step verification, a code will be delivered to that phone number as well as any other digital devices associated with the same Samsung account. If you have more than one phone number associated with your account, you can delete any that you aren’t currently employing.
- Using a phone or a tablet: Text messages may be accessed from the Security settings page. Tap More choices (the three vertical dots) and then Delete to remove the item from the list. Tap Delete after selecting the number you wish to delete from the list. A web browser is a piece of software that allows you to surf the internet. Text messages may be accessed from the Security settings page. If you wish to get rid of a certain number, selectDeletenext to it.
- Take note that until you have several numbers entered, the Delete and More choices will not show. To alter which registered devices will get a verification code, selectGalaxy device notifications orGalaxy device notifications and then click Save. From the Security settings page, you may send a code to your devices. To enable or disable verification notifications, choose the switch(es)next to the device(s) you wish to monitor. If you choose, you can utilize an Authenticator app instead of the standard two-step verification process. Click on Authenticator app from the Security settings tab and then follow the on-screen steps to link the app. Additionally, you may utilize backup codes to login in to your account as an added layer of protection. To check your current backup codes, go to the Security settings page and selectBackup codes. Codes can be downloaded and new codes can be requested if necessary. Whenever you’re finished, selectDone
- Trusted devices are those that do not require two-factor authentication in order to sign into your account. If you have any security concerns, such as the possibility that your account has been compromised, you can choose Remove all. Remove all devices to completely remove every device that has been designated as trustworthy. Please keep in mind that devices will be added to the trusted devices list once the verification procedure is completed.
The ID for your Samsung account may be found on your phone, tablet, or computer if you’ve forgotten what it was. Then, go to the account retrieval page on the Samsung website and fill in your information before clicking on the Next button. Your Samsung account ID (email address) will be displayed in part on the screen. After that, click on Go to your Samsung account to sign in to your account. If you are still having trouble retrieving your ID, please contact us for assistance. Is it possible that you have forgotten the password to your Samsung account?
- To create a new password, just pick this option from the Samsung Login page’s drop-down menu.
- Navigate to theReset password pageon the Samsung website using a phone, tablet, or computer, and then input the email address or phone number linked with your Samsung account.
- An email will be delivered to your inbox; simply follow the instructions contained inside the email to recover your account password.
- On a computer, you can log out of your Samsung account by visiting the website, but logging out of your Samsung account on a phone or tablet is a little more complicated.
- Some features may be disabled as a result of this action, however you may easily add the account back later if you so choose.
- Using a smartphone or tablet, log out of your account
- Your phone, tablet, or computer may be used to recover your Samsung account ID if you have lost it. Then, go to the account retrieval page on the Samsung website and fill in your information before clicking on the next button. This page will show a portion of your Samsung account ID (email address). After that, click on Go to your Samsung account to sign in with your account information. If you are still having problems locating your ID, please contact us for assistance. Have you forgotten your Samsung account’s password? If so, don’t worry. A Reset password option is often available on mobile devices, tablets, and televisions. To create a new password, simply choose this option from the Samsung Login screen. It is also possible to reset your password using your web browser if you are unable to locate or use this feature. Go to theReset password pageon the Samsung website, and then input your email address or phone number linked with your Samsung account. You may do this using your phone, tablet, or computer. Afterwards, click on “Forget password.” An email will be delivered to your inbox
- Simply follow the instructions contained inside the email to recover your lost password. If you continue to have problems resetting your password, please contact us for assistance. On a computer, you can log out of your Samsung account by visiting the website
- However, logging out of your Samsung account on a phone or tablet is a bit more complicated. On a smartphone or tablet, you must actually uninstall the app in order to “log out” of it. There could be some functionality disabled as a result, but you can easily add the account back later. The following section contains instructions on how to remove your Samsung account permanently. On a smartphone or tablet, log out of the application.
Logging out of a computer or a Mac Use an internet browser if you want to log out of your Samsung account from your computer. Log out by going to theSamsungwebsite, selecting your name in the top right corner, and then clicking onLog Out. Please keep in mind that if you erase your Samsung account from your smartphone, all of your synced data will be wiped from the device, and new data will no longer be synced. All of the data on your smartphone that has not been synced with Samsung Cloud will remain on your device until it is synchronized with Samsung Cloud.
Remember that this information cannot be restored, so make sure you’re sure you want to delete your account before proceeding.
For additional assistance, please contactSamsung Support.
- Log in using your ID and password, and then click on My Account details to see your information. Select theProfilecard and thenSamsung Account settings from the drop-down menu. After selecting Delete account, carefully consider the precautions, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the deletion,
Other answers that might help
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2022. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them. The information and entertainment given in the preceding section is strictly for your enjoyment and informational purposes only.
All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice. Samsung will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use or reliance on the material included herein.
How to Create a Samsung Account for Samsung Apps & More
- Using any web browser, navigate to theSamsung Accountweb page and click Create account
- Go toSettingsCloud and accountsAccountsAdd accountSamsung accountCreate account on your Samsung smartphone. When you sign in to your Samsung account, you will be able to find, wipe, lock, and unlock your phone from anywhere in the world, as well as back up your data and access exclusive apps.
Create a Samsungaccount online or on any Samsungsmartphone by following the instructions in this article.
How to Create a Samsung Account on Your Computer
It is possible to create a Samsung account during the phone’s setup procedure, but it is also possible to do it online from your computer.
- Using any web browser, navigate to theSamsung Accountweb page and click Create account
- Complete the signup form by entering your email address, selecting a password, and filling out some profile information, then click onNEXT to proceed.
Why Set Up a Samsung Account?
Users are encouraged to register user accounts with several smartphone makers, which typically unlock additional features and services. Not only will you have an easy method to access numerous Samsung services, but you’ll also have a quick and simple way to find, shut down, or even wipe your phone if it is ever lost or stolen once you’ve created your Samsung account.
How to Add a Samsung Account on Your Phone
Create a Samsung account on your smartphone by going to theAdd Accountsection of the mainsettings menu. However, although the interface on your Samsung phone may be different than that seen in the pictures below, the processes for creating a Samsung account are the same for all devices.
- Go to the main Settings app on your phone and select Security. Scroll down and choose Cloud and accountsAccounts from the drop-down menu. If your phone currently has a Samsung account associated with it, you must first delete that account before creating another. Select Add account from the drop-down menu. You will be presented with a list of all of the accounts that may be configured on your smartphone. Accounts that are currently active will have a green dot next to them, whereas accounts that are currently inactive will have a grey dot. Choose the Samsung account. If you want to proceed, you must be connected to Wi-Fi or a data network. Create a Samsung account by selecting it on the Samsung account screen. Sign in using your existing Samsung account, such as one that you made on your computer, by entering your account details and tappingSign in. To accept the Terms of Service, press the Next button. Enter the needed information, which includes your email address, password, and first and last name, and then click Create. You may get your account details by going toSettingsCloud accountsAccountsand selecting yourSamsung account. Once your account has been created, make sure that it is set to “Auto sync data” under the Accounts area.
What Can You Do With Your Samsung Account?
You can accomplish all of the above and more with an active Samsung Account:
- With an active Samsung Account, you may accomplish all of the following, and much more, as follows:
Enjoy all of Samsung’s services without having to establish or sign in with any extra accounts after you’ve created a Samsung account. Any Android phone will require you to create a Google Account before you can use it. Your Samsung Account is entirely separate from that and provides access to features that are not available anyplace else.
Samsung Account Key Features
Setting up a Samsung account will allow you to access a variety of services on your phone, as well as additional functions on compatible TVs, Samsung Gear, PCs, and other devices.
Find My Mobile
This is one of the most helpful elements of your Samsung account, and you should take use of it. Find My Mobile allows you to register your phone so that it may be found if it is misplaced. In order to locate your misplaced phone, you may remotely lock it, make the phone ring (if you believe it is lost but is still nearby), and even designate a phone number to which calls to your misplaced phone can be diverted. Alternatively, if you believe your phone will not be returned to you, you can remotely erase it in order to remove any sensitive or private data from the device.
Don’t be concerned if you’re the kind that snaps a million photographs but never remembers to save them to your computer. Samsung Cloud automatically backs up your data at regular intervals. Configure your device so that it can sync:
- Events and responsibilities scheduled in the calendar
- Contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and business cards
- Photographs, films, and narratives
- Text data that is predicted
- Voice memos, photos, and tasks are all included. Reminders
- Samsung Internet bookmarks, bookmarked pages, and open tabs are all stored on the device. Sign-in details for the Samsung Pass
- Scrapbooks, photographs, screenshots, and site URLs are all acceptable. Action notes, favorites, and categories are kept in a separate file.
Samsung Healthworks serves as your one-stop shop for all things health-related. Additionally, it can sync with running applications to provide you with all of the information you need in an one location, which is particularly useful for keeping track of workouts and water consumption. Despite the fact that there is a lot going on in this app, the overall goal is to put you in control of your health and wellness.
A social network for artists who want to share their work with others, Samsung’s PENUP app is actually a social network in its own right. Use your S-Pen to create beautiful works of art directly on your phone with only your fingers. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Create a Samsung Account
- 1 Launch the Settings application. Locate and press the Settings icon on your Apps menu to bring up the Settings window.
- Another option is to move the notification bar from the top of your screen down and press the symbol in the upper-right corner.
- 2Select theCloud and Accountsoptions from the drop-down menu. Continue scrolling down until you reach Clouds and accountson your settings menu, and then choose it. Advertisement
- 3Click on Account in the Clouds and in the account menu. This will bring up a list of all of the stored app accounts on your Galaxy device. 4Scroll down to the bottom and select Add account. You will find this button, which is positioned next to a green “+” icon at the bottom of the list of applications. 5SelectSamsung accountfrom the drop-down option. This will allow you to access your Samsung account choices. 6Click on theCREATE ACCOUNTbutton to get started. In the lower-left corner of your screen, you’ll see a button that says “Save.” It will redirect you to a new page where you can complete the new account form. 7An email address will be required for your new account. To enter your email address, tap theEmail addressfield and type it in using your keyboard or paste it from your clipboard
- 8 You’ll need to create a password for your new user account. To create a safe account password for your new Samsung account, tap thePasswordfield and type it in there.
- You may also use your fingerprints or irises to validate your password if you choose. If this is the case, choose the checkbox below the Password input form.
- 9Confirm the accuracy of your personal information. You’ll need to double-check that your first and last names, as well as your birth date, are all entered accurately on this page. 10Press the NEXT button at the bottom-right of the screen. You will be sent to a new page where you will be required to review Samsung’s terms and conditions. 11 On the Conditions AND CONDITIONS page, select the terms with which you are comfortable. Check the box next to each word with which you agree in this section.
- You have the option to choose I agree to all of the options shown at the top of the page, although you are not need to agree to all of them in order to establish your account
- 12Press the AGREEbutton to confirm your agreement. This button may be found in the lower-right corner of your computer’s display. It will generate a new Samsung account for you. Advertisement
Create a new question
- Question What exactly does the term “zip code” mean? easton, PennsylvaniaCommunity Response It was decided to adopt the name ZIP as an abbreviation for Zone Improvement Plan because it suggests that mail goes more effectively and swiftly (zipping along) when senders include the ZIP code in the postal address. It’s a five- or nine-digit number that appears at the end of an address and shows the neighborhood in which someone resides.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration!
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Go to the Settings menu. 2. Select Cloud and accounts from the drop-down menu. 3. Select Accounts from the drop-down menu. 4. Select Add account from the drop-down menu. 5. Select Samsung account from the drop-down menu. 6. Select CREATE ACCOUNT from the drop-down menu. 7. Provide your email address as well as a password. 8. Press the NEXT button. 9. Select the terms and conditions and then touch AGREE on the keyboard. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 231,427 times.
Is this article up to date?
To be able to use Knox Suite, you must first register a Samsung user account. If you already have a Samsung account, you may proceed to the next step without going through the registration process. Through the SamsungKnox.com dashboard, you may access a variety of Knox solutions and tools that are linked to your Samsung account. It also gives you the ability to create support tickets in the event that you are experiencing problems with a product. A Samsung account is completely free, and you can set one up in a matter of minutes.
- A Samsung account is required in order to utilize Knox Suite. It is possible for you to skip the following step if you already have a Samsung account. Using the SamsungKnox.com dashboard, you may access a variety of Knox solutions and features using your Samsung ID. If you are experiencing difficulties with a product, you may submit a support request from your account. An account with Samsung is completely free, and you can set one up in minutes. To set up a Samsung account, follow the steps below.
You’ve finished the first quarter of the steps! Continue to the next stage.
How to Add, Remove, and Delete Samsung Account From Your Android Phone
You do not require a Samsung account to use your Android phone in the same way that you do not require a Google account to use your iPhone. Using a Samsung account, on the other hand, has its advantages, since all Samsung phones come preinstalled with a slew of useful applications. On the other hand, not all of these applications are beneficial, and many users do not require or utilize them. Instead of deactivating or uninstalling them, you may just delete the Samsung account associated with them.
We will assist you regardless of whether you wish to utilize a Samsung account with all of the applications and services that come with it or whether you can go without one.
Remove Samsung Account From Your Android Phones
An earlier generation of Samsung devices that ran on Android had the ability to delete the Samsung account. As a surprise, the sign-out button looks to be a component from one of Samsung’s cellphones. If you don’t want to use it on your phone, you should be given the opportunity to opt-out in the ideal world. There is, however, another option, which we shall explain more below. Start by going to Settings on your phone and selecting Accounts and Backup Accounts. Step 2: 2. Scroll down a little to discover the Samsung account, followed by Personal information.
Step 3:Hit the three-dot menu symbol and select Sign out from the drop-down menu.
To confirm, click on the Sign out button at the bottom of the screen.
You will get an email confirming your registration. That will appear unusual because erasing other accounts, including a Google account, requires less touches than that. If you click on the verification link contained inside the email, you will be signed out of your Samsung account.
Add Samsung Account to Android Phones
When you initially start your Androidphone from the Samsung recovery partition, the UI will prompt you to sign in or establish a Samsung account. It operates in the same manner that you would when creating or signing in to a Google account on a new computer or device. Enter your email address and either create or enter a password. If you are establishing a new Samsung account, make sure your email address is correct. In the event that you missed the boat, you can still establish an account and submit your information later.
To begin the procedure, pick Samsung account from the list of available accounts at the bottom of the page by tapping on Add accounts.
Finally, you may utilize your Google account, which you have previously registered to your phone, to make the procedure as simple as possible for yourself.
It is easier for me to utilize Google’s sign-in technique since it is more straightforward and convenient while switching between devices.
Delete Samsung Account on the Web
Accounts with Samsung may only be deleted online, and only through the web interface. It is not feasible to do so from your Android device. Step 1: Navigate to the Samsung Account page and sign in using the method of your choice. It might be through your email ID or through your Google account, for example. Follow the instructions in Step 2 to access your profile card, which is the first box on the screen and contains your username, email address and profile picture. Step 3: Select Account settings from the drop-down menu.
Benefits of Samsung Account
Account subscribers may take advantage of a variety of advantages and services, some of which are already available through Google. The following are listed in no particular order:
- The Galaxy Store, which serves as a substitute for the Google Play Store for the purpose of downloading and installing apps
- Samsung Rewards
- Samsung Pay, which allows you to make payments in the same way as Google Pay does
- To gather and analyze your health data, Samsung Health will be used. Samsung TV Plus, which provides free access to more than 100 channels, is another option.
I believe the list will continue to grow in the future, and whether or not you like or utilize them is entirely up to your own preference.
Too Many Accounts
I believe the list will continue to grow in the future, and whether or not you like or utilize them is entirely up to your personal preferences and preferences.
Why you need a Samsung Account
Installing Samsung Account on your Samsung smartphone might be extremely beneficial in the event of an emergency, theft, or loss of your device. You will also be able to restore all of your data to a new Samsung device if you so want. I recommend that you set up both your manufacturer-specific account (in this example, Samsung) and your Google account correctly before proceeding. If you’re interested in learning more about setting up a Google Account, check out my post “Protect your Device with your Google Account.” Using your Google Account, you can secure your device.
Your Samsung device must be configured with a Samsung Account. This will get you access to a plethora of Samsung Services, including the following:
- Samsung Pay, Bixby, Samsung Cloud Storage, Find My Mobile, *Samsung Notes, and *Samsung Health are some of the features available.
If you switch to or upgrade to a device that is not manufactured by Samsung, all data stored in the Samsung Notes and Samsung Health applications will be deleted, since these apps will not be compatible with your new device. I’ve switched to using the following alternative apps:
- It is necessary to have a Microsoft Account in order to use One Note. Sports Tracker Premium is a premium version of Sports Tracker (premium maps and no adds) Sport Tracker Premium is available for £14.99 per year (in my area)
Create a Samsung Account
- Go to the Settings menu. Click on Cloud and accounts
- Click on Accounts
- Click on Add account
- Click on Samsung account
- To create an account, choose CREATE ACCOUNT. Please enter your email address and a password. To proceed, use the NEXT button. AGREE to the terms and conditions by selecting them and tapping AGREE
Backup your Phone and Sync your Data
- Open Settings, then Cloud and Accounts, then Samsung Cloud, and then Save. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Select Sync Settings
- And then tap OK. Choose the objects that will be backed up
The same method should be followed for the Auto backup settings.
Find my Mobile
Visit the following Web site and log in using any device you choose: As soon as you connect into your account, you’ll be sent to a web page that displays your devices, along with the position of the selected device on a zoomable map: (The map has been distorted to protect the privacy of anyone viewing it.) Find My Mobile integrates all of the services into a single application that can accomplish the following tasks:
- Any device may be used to access the following Web site and log into it: As soon as you connect into your account, you’ll be sent to a web page that lists your devices and displays the position of the selected device on a zoomable map: Because of privacy concerns, the map has been distorted. In order to conduct the following operations, Find My Mobile integrates all of the services into a single app.
Google provides a comparable offering with two services: Google Find My Phone and Google Find My Device, both of which are free. Please visit my other essay on Google for more information. There is one significant difference: Samsung Find My Mobile can retrieve your phone’s call history from its memory. For example, when I used the functionality Retrieve calls/messages, only my call record was displayed; no messages were displayed.
You may now unlock your phone, regardless of whether you previously did so. Create a PIN number, input a contact number, and type in a message if necessary. The following will now show on the lock screen of the phone that has been misplaced: By pressing EMERGENCY CALL, the finder can still have access to the emergency information (ICE contacts and personal medical information) that has been saved (See). Once the phone has been returned, the owner will be able to unlock it by entering a PIN number.
Lock Power off
This disables the phone’s “Power off” feature, allowing it to remain turned on and connected at all times.
This turns off the phone’s “Power off” feature, allowing it to remain turned on and connected.
|·Phone log·Messages·Contacts (on phone)·Calendar (on phone)·Clock, Settings·Home Screen·Apps·Documents||·Voice Recorder·Music·Calendar·Contacts·Gallery·Memo·Samsung Internet·Samsung Notes|
These can then be restored to a new (Samsung) phone that has been logged in with the same Samsung Account as the original phone that had them. Please keep in mind that your contacts and calendar items might be kept in a variety of places, including your phone, your Google Account, and your Samsung Account. It is preferable to have everything in one location (i.e. your Google Account).
These can then be restored to a new (Samsung) phone that has been logged in with the same Samsung Account as the original phone that had them. Please keep in mind that your contacts and calendar items might be kept in a variety of places, including your phone, your Google Account, and your Samsung account. Keep everything in one location if at all possible! (i.e. your Google Account).
This feature allows you to remotely unlock your phone if you have forgotten your unlock method. It will wipe off any previously saved unlock processes from the phone. You will be required to enter your Samsung account password in order to confirm.
Sets up selected guardians to conduct the following tasks from a distance:
- Determine the location of your smartphone
- Activate emergency mode
- And ring the device.
After consenting, you must then click on Set guardian a second time and input the Samsung account details of up to three new guardians, with access duration set to “always” or a “custom date range.” Martin’s HelpDesk can assist consumers in getting the most out of their mobile device.
If your phone is properly configured, it can help you with your daily tasks more efficiently. We create a bespoke arrangement to suit your specific needs, whether they are for business, travel, sports, or pleasure.
Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
Samsung, Apple, and Huawei are the world’s biggest smartphone manufacturers, and each of these major phone brands has its own set of user profiles. These accounts are being created in order to improve the user experience and integration with their services. The process of creating a new account has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s have a look at some additional account-related material later on. When you purchase a new smartphone and turn it on for the first time, it will provide you with “logging in” alternatives such as “log in with its account” or “skip for now.” The vast majority of customers would prefer to skip this step owing to time restrictions or an enthusiasm to check out the new smartphone.
Here, we’ll examine Samsung accounts in particular, and why you should consider getting one.
Are you the one who is debating whether or not to open a Samsung account?
Fun fact: Samsung has a large number of workers, with approximately 236,000 people working for the company.
Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
What are the benefits of creating a Samsung account? What are the advantages of using it? Because these issues are intertwined, I’d want to discuss them all at the same time. It is likely that many of the customers set up their accounts when they first purchased their Android phones. A select number of people who do not wish to create a Samsung account can log in using their Google mail id instead. You may also be interested in:Is Huawei Better Than Samsung? Interesting tidbit: Sales of the Samsung S3 topped 500 units every minute.
It is not required in the traditional sense, so let’s look at the advantages to assist you decide.
Benefits of a Samsung Account
It is completely free. When you link your data to your Samsung account, the information stored on your phone is automatically backed up to the Samsung cloud. As a result, even if you misplace your phone or something else happens to it, your data will remain safe and secure. In order to access the cloud, the user must have a Samsung account. Another useful feature is Samsung Pay, which comes in handy if your phone is equipped with NFC. Users may send money in a secure manner using this service.
- In addition to being a health app that is frequently used on Samsung watches, Samsung Health also serves to help you keep track of your daily activity and routine.
- It also keeps track of your calories burned and, in the case of women, your menstrual cycle.
- It may be used on both the phone and the television.
- When you make payments using Samsung Pay, you will get reward points in return for your purchase.
- Find my phone: This function assists the user in locating misplaced mobile phones.
- Additionally, if you believe that the security of your phone has been compromised, you can wipe all of your data.
Lock power off is a new feature that stops the phone from being turned off accidentally. If you misplace your phone and need to locate it using a GPS signal, this feature will come in handy. Also see: What is the AR Zone App that can be found on Samsung mobile devices?
Do I need a Samsung account if I have a Google Account?
If you are using a Samsung phone, it is preferable to have a Samsung account because all of the advanced features, including Samsung ID, are active when you do. Additionally, a Samsung account is required for the upgrading and downloading of Samsung applications. Using platforms other than Samsung-approved apps is always a possibility, but the legitimacy of such applications cannot be guaranteed. The level of security provided by Samsung cannot be matched to that of any third-party product.
What if the user chose not to create a Samsung account
The Samsung ecosystem is designed to provide a seamless user experience, and if customers do not want to utilize their account service, the user experience would be hampered as a result of this. A few functions that can only be accessed by users who have a Samsung account are as follows: Samsung has developed a single drive system in which all data is kept on the cloud. My phone is not functioning properly. The Samsung pass is a secure storage device that stores information about the user’s fingerprint and other personal data.
It’s a fun fact that the Samsung emblem as we know it first appeared in 1993.
Please also see: How to connect Samsung Level U to a computer.
How to Create a Samsung Account?
The process of creating a Samsung account is simple if you have previously used a Samsung phone, and if you desire to make an account right now, simply follow the steps outlined below. Open the settings app on your smartphone and select cloud and accounts from the drop-down menu. Accounts may be found by clicking on it, and you can add more accounts by clicking on it. ClickSamsung Accounts and then clickCreate Account to get started. You will be needed to enter your email address and password before proceeding.
- Let’s have a look at it now.
- However, some users are extremely sensitive about revealing personal information, making it difficult for them to comply.
- Consequently, each time fresh data needs to be uplinked, the personal mobile data limit is decreased by a certain amount.
- Because certain applications have a tendency to run in the background, and because you are aware that running an application may utilize drive C, the system may become sluggish.
How to backup your dataUsing Samsung Account?
In the event that you have used a Samsung phone in the past, setting up a Samsung account is simple. If you want to set up a Samsung account right away, simply follow the instructions below. Open the settings app on your smartphone and select cloud and accounts from the menu. Additional accounts may be found by clicking on the word accounts. Then selectSamsung accounts and then create a Samsung account. It is necessary for you to fill in your email address and password before proceeding. Accept the terms and conditions, and your account is established in seconds.
Existing Samsung accounts have several drawbacks, which are listed below.
However, some users are extremely sensitive to providing personal information, making this task difficult for them.
Consequently, each time fresh data must be uplinked, the personal mobile data limit is lowered by one Gigabyte.
As a result, some users may find it inconvenient. Certain applications have a tendency to run in the background, and as you are aware, running a program consumes drive C, which can cause the system to function slowly or even freeze.
How to delete your Samsung account?
An older generation of Samsung devices offered the option of deleting the account. It is no longer simple to delete your Samsung account using the online interface. Following are the measures to take if you wish to delete your Samsung account from your mobile device. Go to settings-click onaccounts and backu p -selectaccountinside-when you scroll down, you will findSamsung accountdetails-click and selectpersonal information-on the upper right-hand corner, you will find thesign-outoption-click on it and mail verification will be required to sign out of the device.
Delete your account using web
- To log in to your Samsung account, go to the Samsung account page and enter your credentials. Select the profile that contains your information
- Account settings may be found here. The delete account link is located below, and clicking on it will begin the process of deleting your account.
What happens if I Delete my Samsung Account?
In other words, canceling your Samsung account will erase your history, personal data, information saved in connection with that account, subscription, and purchasing history, among other things. Once data has been destroyed, it cannot be recovered. If you still want to remove your account, the next section will be of assistance to you.
In this post, we’ve covered all you need to know about setting up a Samsung account, including the benefits and drawbacks of doing so. As a result, I would recommend that you make an account because it has a number of advantages. If you have any questions or concerns about any procedure or related issue, we are here to assist you. Contact us now. You may read the remainder of the articles by clicking here. Please use the comment box to contact us and one of our staff members will help you. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the most up-to-date information about technology.
Do you need a Samsung account when using Galaxy devices?
The most recent update was made on May 13th, 2021 at 18:20 UTC+01:00. A new Samsung account or signing into an existing one is often believed to be a part of the set-up process for a new Galaxy device, but is having a Samsung account absolutely necessary? The answer is ‘no,’ it is not, and it is not. The majority of Samsung customers choose to create a Samsung account when setting up their first Galaxy device for a variety of reasons, including the fact that these steps are integrated into the initial setup process in an intuitive manner, and the fact that a Samsung account is required for using certain services and advanced features that are available only through the use of a Samsung account.
Users of Galaxy devices have the option of not logging in with their Samsung account or even skipping the creation of one entirely.
Customers will not be able to use the following services unless they have a Samsung account:
- Samsung Rewards, Samsung Pay, Samsung Members, Samsung Health, Samsung TV Plus, Bixby, SmartThings, and the Galaxy Store are all available from Samsung.
It is possible to download and update apps from the Google Play Store without having a Samsung account, if the user is OK with logging in using a Google account instead of a Samsung account.
There are other limitations that may not be obvious at first
However, even while a Galaxy device owner may be fine with not utilizing any of the aforementioned services, he or she will still face some constraints and will not be able to take use of the full user experience provided by the Samsung ecosystem. Users who do not have a Samsung account will not be able to take advantage of the new connection with Microsoft OneDrive, which means they will not be able to store the contents of their Gallery and My Files folders to a cloud storage service. Similarly, using a Galaxy smartphone without a Samsung account means that services such asFind My Mobile,Samsung Pass, andCallText on other devices will not function correctly.
CallText may be used on different devices.
AndSamsung Pass saves a user’s fingerprints, which may then be used to quickly and securely access compatible applications and websites when they are stored.
Bixby Routines, for example, will operate even if the user does not have a Samsung account, but the AI-based platform will be limited to the creation of manual routines.
The program will not be able to learn from and adapt to the user’s actions. After everything is said and done, you do not require a Samsung account in order to use a Galaxy smartphone, but signing in with one opens the door to a full ecosystem of Samsung services and smart gadgets.
Here are the basic steps for setting up your new Samsung Galaxy phone
Samsung makes some of the best Android phones on the market, but even though it has simplified its initial configuration in recent generations, there are still several extra steps compared to other phones — Samsung injects its own steps alongside Google to make its phones work better. Even though the procedure is self-explanatory, we have provided you with all of the necessary information and tips as you proceed through each step.
How to set up your Galaxy phone
If you’re coming from a Samsung phone, you may skip the majority of this setup procedure and restore directly from your phone’s storage. Simply launch Smart Switch on your current phone and follow the steps on both phones to complete the transfer. We recommend that you use a cable rather than Wi-Fi to complete the procedure because it will be substantially faster.
- If you have two-factor authentication enabled, you will be prompted to enter a code
- Thus, keep your backup device close by. Android Central is the source of this information.
Following your sign-in, you will be able to select the data and applications you want to restore from your Google account.
- For those who have numerous phones associated with their account, you may pick which one to recover data from. Applications and data will begin downloading in the background as soon as you complete setup – downloads will continue for 10 to 30 minutes.
Set up your preferred security mechanism – fingerprints are a wonderful idea, but you’ll also need to set up a backup option, such as a PIN or pattern — and save your settings. Acknowledge Google’s terms of service, and then evaluate “other apps” from Google and Samsung to install – they may always be added later if you so like. Register for a Samsung account or sign into your existing account – it’s an unnecessary extra step, but you’ll need one later, so you might as well get one now. A Samsung account is required in order to download and update apps from the Galaxy Apps store, as well as to access Samsung’s cloud services.
After you’ve completed all of these processes, you’ll be transported to your phone’s home screen, where you may familiarize yourself with everything.
Configure your home screen and explore the settings to find all of the minor modifications you want to make.
Over time, your phone will develop a personality that is as distinct as yours.
Additional tips for an optimal setup
Of course, you are free to configure your device in any way you see fit, but if you’re anything like me, there are a few fast settings you’ll want to make once you’ve completed the initial setup process. Listed below are a few options that I’d recommend enabling or changing based on my own experience:
- To give access to your location data, tap the weather widget on the home screen and select Allow. Using this feature, you will be able to display the current weather conditions on your home screen, which will be refreshed automatically every six hours. Open the Settings app and make any necessary adjustments to your display settings.
- When I get a new phone, the first thing I do is enable dark mode, which is the very first option under the Display tab of the Settings app
- I’m not a huge fan of Samsung’s heavily saturated default display profile, so I typically tap Screen Mode and change to the Natural color profile
- When I get a new phone, the second thing I do is enable dark mode
- Change the structure of the Navigation Bar from Buttons to Swipe Gestures to create a more modern, swipe-based interface under Navigation Bar. As an added advantage, swipe movements enable you to regain the bottom section of your screen. Farther, you may turn off Gesture Hints, which will prevent the tiny gray bar at the bottom of your screen from being visible
- This will allow you to go even further. Screen Zoom allows you to change the scale of the display, allowing you to either fit more information on the screen or magnify letters to decrease eye strain. I have a tendency to limit screen zoom to the minimum level in order to accommodate as much information as possible on my screen
Android Central is the source of this information. To change the behavior of your app launcher, long press on the home screen and select Home Screen Settings from the menu that appears.
- To change the number of icons on your home screen layout, select Home Screen Grid from the drop-down menu. I like a 5×5 grid on my Samsung smartphones rather than the normal 4×5 grid on most other devices. Additionally, you can use the Apps Screen Grid to perform the same thing for your app drawer while you’re at it. When it comes to one-handed usage, having simple access to your notification shade makes a significant difference. Toggle Swipe down for Notification Panel to replace the default setting of accessing your app drawer — something you can already do by swiping up on the home screen
- Swipe up for Notification Panel to replace the default setting of accessing your app drawer
- Swipe down for Notification Panel to replace the default setting of access
Samsung is the world’s largest phone maker, and a major part of that success can be attributed to the vast diversity of products it offers. When it comes to smartphones, the Galaxy S21 FE, for example, takes the same concepts as the standard S21 series and makes them just that little bit more inexpensive, making it a wonderful pick in 2022.
The new default
In 2022, there is no doubt about who will win. Much as the Galaxy S20 FE did back in 2020, the Galaxy S21 FE takes the greatest features of the S21 series and brings them down to a somewhat more inexpensive pricing range. As a consequence, you get the same high-end technology as before, as well as a massive 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh, stereo sound, good cameras, and a gigantic battery that lasts the entire day. The best part is that it comes pre-installed with Android 12.
If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c