- 1 Screen does not rotate on Galaxy phone or tablet
- 2 Contact Samsung Support
- 3 How Do I Change the Orientation on My Tablet?
- 4 My Samsung Galaxy tablet won’t rotate automatically.please hellpp.
- 5 Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.4) (SM-T307U) – Display
- 6 Access display options through Quick Settings
- 7 Access display options through Settings
- 8 Edit home screen display
- 9 It’s Annoying When Your Android Phone Won’t Rotate: Let’s Fix It
- 10 Cause of Android Screen Not Rotating
- 11 How to When Android Screen Won’t Rotate
Screen does not rotate on Galaxy phone or tablet
A Samsung representative from Best Buy will contact you to arrange a time for you to try out the Galaxy S10.
A Samsung salesperson at Best Buy can arrange for you to have a personal presentation of your next galaxy device.
Our Samsung agent would want to learn more about you so that they may better help you in the future.
- I accept to receive information from Samsung, including special offers and promotions.
- We look forward to seeing you soon!
- If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+, you will receive a free 6-month subscription to Spotify Premium.
- Leave the repairs to the professionals.
- With an acceptable trade-in, prices start at $250.
- • Screen does not rotate on Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet • Home • /
Automatic rotation is enabled on your Galaxy phone or tablet, which means that when you switch between Portrait and Landscape modes, your screen will automatically rotate. Your gadget makes use of an integrated accelerometer to identify which way the phone is held in order to match the orientation of the phone to the device. If the screen does not rotate at all, you can check the orientation icon in the Quick settings panel, update your device’s software, and restart your device to see if the problem is resolved.
- Knox will often only be installed on phones that are provided and administered by a company, not on personal phones.
- You’ll need to see if the phone was set up this way, and if it was, you’ll need to make the necessary changes.
- Related Content”> There are a variety of reasons why a phone’s or tablet’s GPS signal may not function properly, including a breakdown in contact with the satellite.
- Associated Content”>Your Samsung phone or tablet will not turn on or off.
- On the other side, if it is entirely frozen, it may be impossible to turn it off.
- Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet”>Related Content”> Problems with the Wi-Fi connection Sometimes Wi-Fi troubles are caused by minor network faults that are easily resolved.
- “Consequential Content”> Adding a Wi-Fi network to your Galaxy phone or tablet is a manual process.
You must, however, ensure that you are within range of your Wi-Fi network and that your access point or router is operational before moving further with your task. We’re here to help you.
Contact Samsung Support
Contact us online through chat and receive assistance from a trained professional on your computer, mobile device, or tablet device. Support is also available through the Samsung Members App, which may be downloaded to your mobile device. Do you need assistance right away? The use of email as a method of communication has been phased out as of April 3rd, 2019. To receive a faster answer, please contact us using Live Chat.
- Please contact us. +1-800-726-7864
- Mobile Support +1-800-726-7864
- 1-800-SAMSUNG Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight (EST)
- Home Electronics and Appliance Support 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time M-F 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Saturday and Sunday are closed
- IT/Computing Support is available. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Closed on Saturday and Sunday
- Order Support Help with Ordering
With the Shop Samsung App, you can complete your purchase quickly and easily. Sign-in is simple, and Samsung Pay, alerts, and other features are available. Alternatively, you may continue buying on Samsung.com. The Samsung Shop application Free standard shipping, exclusive deals, and financing options are available through the Shop Samsung app. Free standard shipping, special offers, and financing options are available through the Shop Samsung app.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
How Do I Change the Orientation on My Tablet?
How Do I Rotate My Tablet to a Different Viewing Angle? Instructions for tablets running Android, iPad, and Windows. Brock Sheehan is the author of this piece. It was last updated more than a week ago. Screen Lock/Unlock PortraitOrientationMode – Apple®iPad® – Apple®iPad® If you are unable to get the screen/display on your smartphone to flip or rotate, this will assist you. Opening the Control Center is as simple as touching the top-right corner of any screen and sliding downward. 2. To lock or unlock the portrait orientation of the screen, tap thePortrait Orientationicon.
Choose one of the following options:
- If you have an aniPhone Plus and want the Homescreen to rotate, go toSettingsDisplayBrightness and setDisplayZoomtoStandard
- If you have an aniPhone Plus and want the Homescreen to rotate, go toSettingsDisplayBrightness and setDisplayZoomtoStandard
- If you have an aniPhone Plus and want the Homescreen to rotate, go toSettingsDisplayBrightness and setDisplayZoom It is possible to configure the Side Switch on an iPad to function as a rotationlock or mute switch if the iPad is equipped with one. Navigate to the General Settings menu.
1. Swipe left from the right side of the screen to see the charms menu. 2. 2. Select Settings from the drop-down menu. 3. Touch the screen (located in the lower-right corner). 4. Choose one of the following options:
- To unlock rotation, tap theTurn on auto rotateicon on the screen. To lock rotation, tap theTurn off auto rotateicon in the toolbar.
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to see the Status Bar (at the top). 2. Swipe down from the top of the screen to see and expand the fast settings menu. 3. 3. Select Auto rotate from the drop-down menu. 4. Toggle the Auto rotate switch (located in the top right corner) on or off as follows:
- The orientation of the display is switched between portrait and landscape
- The display is only available in portrait position.
My Samsung Galaxy tablet won’t rotate automatically.please hellpp.
NOTE: If it is just in one program that it will not rotate, it is possible that the program in question will not rotate at all. The first option is to restart the device. Sometimes this is all that is required. The “Notification Bar” at the top of the screen may be “swiped” down from the home screen using option 2.1. 2. Select “Screen rotation” from the drop-down menu to toggle it on or off. If you don’t see the option “Screen rotation” when you go into the “Notification Bar,” you may have to swipe “Left” on the options to make them appear.
- Some tablets may offer the ability to rotate the screen by selecting “Settings,” then “Display,” and then “Screen rotation.” To access the “Notification Bar” from the home screen, tap and hold the “Notification Bar” at the top of the screen for three seconds.
- Swipe downward while holding the screen in place.
- You may now select “Orientation Lock” from this menu.
- The screen will remain in the position in which you are now viewing it.
- Option 4.If none of the three preceding alternatives work for you, try removing the battery while the device is still turned on, leaving it out for a few minutes, and then replacing the battery.
- This should only be considered as a last resort.
- Remember to make a backup of any data you wish to save to a computer or cloud account before doing the factory reset.
Next, press and hold the “Volume Down” button to access the “wipe data/factory reset” menu.
Once you have selected “wipe data/factory reset,” tap the “Power” button to confirm that you want to do that action.
6) On the subsequent screen, keep pressing the “Volume Down” button until the option “Yes – remove all user data” is chosen. 7. Finally, hit the “Power” button to force the tablet to restart.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|Solved!ACCIDENTALLY unmounted SD card samsung galaxy tablet s6 PLEASE HELP.||Android Tablets||5|
|I||QuestionSamsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P7500) won’t turn on or charge||Android Tablets||2|
|H||Solved!trouble completing hard reset on samsung galaxy 10.1 tablet||Android Tablets||1|
|E||Samsung Galaxy Tab A6 Turns its self on and off and doesn’t respond to reset and has no way to remove the battery||Android Tablets||1|
|Y||Solved!Why does my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro shut down after I disconnect the charger?||Android Tablets||1|
|B||Solved!Samsung galaxy tab E has no sound.Checked sound in settings.||Android Tablets||1|
|Solved!How to locate the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8 Wifi only tablet?||Android Tablets||2|
|J||Solved!Samsung Galaxy10 tablet won’t format SD card||Android Tablets||1|
|1||Android system recover for Samsung Galaxy Tablet not working is there another way to reset?||Android Tablets||1|
|J||samsung galaxy tab a will not read sd card||Android Tablets||2|
|S||Solved!Samsung Galaxy Tab A8||Android Tablets||1|
|L||I can’t get my new Samsung galaxy a6 tablet to read my address card||Android Tablets||2|
|A||How can I make my Samsung Galaxy e tablet compatible to evernote||Android Tablets||1|
|B||Solved!samsung tablet won’t turn on||Android Tablets||1|
|L||How do I remove the back of my Samsung Galaxy tablet||Android Tablets||1|
|S||I have samsung galaxy tablet A android version5.1.1 but when I download the app HOTSTAR.IT IS INSTALLED BUT SHOWING THIS AP||Android Tablets||1|
|L||I have a Samsung galaxy 4 tablet and lately it says it’s overheating although I don’t feel the heat anywhere and the it closes||Android Tablets||1|
|W||My Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tablet has no lock codes on it according to Verizon.It is compatiable with Cricket Network but it||Android Tablets||4|
|F||Solved!I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I have tried numerous times to connect to our wifi but with no success. Ihave however, been||Android Tablets||4|
|N||My samsung galaxy tab 3 lite sm-t111 can’t make a phone call||Android Tablets||1|
Samsung Galaxy Tab A (8.4) (SM-T307U) – Display
The following steps will teach you how to:Access display options using Quick SettingsAccess display options through the Display Options dialog box Customize the appearance of the home screen
Access display options through Quick Settings
Quick Settings may be accessed by swiping down from the Notification bar. The Expanded Quick Settings may be accessed by repeatedly swiping down from the Notification bar. DISPLAY OPTIONS: To activate or disable a display option, select the relevant option from the drop-down menu. You may also pick and hold various display choices to gain access to their configuration options as well. AUTO ROTATE: Select the Auto rotate icon from the toolbar. When Auto rotate is set, the device’s screen orientation will be automatically rotated based on how you are holding the device.
COMFORT SHIELD FOR THE EYES: Choose the Eye comfort shield icon from the drop-down menu.
In the Eye comfort shield’s settings page, you have the option of creating a schedule for it.
Access display options through Settings
1. To access the Settings menu, swipe down from the Notification bar and pick theSettings symbol. 2. Select the display option. 3. To activate or disable the desireddisplay option, select the appropriate switch from the drop-down menu. By selecting the name of the desired display option, you can also have access to the settings for that particular display option. BRIGHTNESS OF THE SCREEN: Select and drag theBrightness slider to the desired brightness level on the screen. SCREEN TIMEOUT: SelectScreen timeout, and then choose the desired option from the drop-down menu.
Edit home screen display
Select Home screen from the Settings menu, and then make the necessary changes to the settings.
It’s Annoying When Your Android Phone Won’t Rotate: Let’s Fix It
Try to identify the most frequent root cause of an Android screen that won’t rotate when you tilt the phone sideways when troubleshooting it. Because hardware failure is the least likely scenario, the simplest solution is to attempt a reboot or an update on your phone first. We’ve gathered a list of proven solutions for this problem, ranging from the simplest to the most challenging. The steps outlined here should work regardless of who created your Android device, whether it was made by Samsung, Google, Huawei, or any other company that uses the Android operating system.
Cause of Android Screen Not Rotating
It is possible that any of the difficulties listed below will prevent your screen from rotating properly when you spin your phone.
- The auto rotation feature has been disabled or is not functioning
- The screen you’re now using isn’t set to rotate automatically
- A number of recent applications are conflicting with auto-rotate
- When you spin, you are making contact with the screen. It is necessary to upgrade your Android device. The G-sensor or accelerometer is not working properly
How to When Android Screen Won’t Rotate
The fact that this problem has been documented to occur on any Android phone means that it is typically not a cause for concern. Walk through the procedures outlined above, and you should be able to remedy the problem.
- Auto rotation should be enabled. In the Quick Settings menu, you’ll see a setting for this. If you seeAuto rotatehighlighted in blue, this indicates that auto rotation is turned on. Alternatively, if you don’t see Auto rotate but instead see aPortraiticon, auto rotate has been deactivated. To activate auto rotation, selectPortrait from the drop-down menu. If you’ve enabled the Talkback app in the Accessibility Settings, you should be aware that allowing auto rotate may result in unexpected consequences for you. Rotating the screen will cause any verbal feedback that is now in progress to be interrupted
- Thus, avoid touching the screen. Keep in mind that your Android’s screen is a touch screen. Keep your finger on the screen when rotating your phone and auto rotate will be prevented from functioning properly. Any Android motion will have the same result as the last one. As a result, anytime you spin the phone, make sure you hold it solely by the corners of the body. If you’re certain you weren’t touching the screen, calibrate the touch screen to confirm your suspicion. Check to see that the screen isn’t picking up taps while you aren’t touching it
- Restart your Android phone to see the changes. Restarting your phone clears the system memory, which might help to fix a variety of unexpected behaviors in many cases. Not only will it repair small issues like your Android screen not turning, but it may also improve the performance of your phone or even fix a frozen screen entirely. This should only be a reboot, not a full system restore. Allowing Home screen rotation should save you from having to reset your Android phone in order to resolve this issue with the screen not spinning. The fact that a specific screen, such as your Home screen, Lock screen, or Voice call screen, will not rotate but other apps will, suggests there is no problem with the auto rotate feature in general. By default, auto rotate will not rotate any of the displays in this group. Alternatively, you may activate this by returning to the auto rotate symbol indicated in the previous step and tapping immediately below the icon to access its options. To do so, activate the toggle switches for the Home screen, Lock screen, or Voice call screen on the device’s home screen. Make sure your Android is up to current. Bug fixes and other improvements are frequently included in new operating system releases. When new viruses or spyware that impact auto rotation are discovered, the latest updates may include patches to address the problem. Other indications of an Android virus may be present, and you will need to focus on eliminating the infection from your device. You’ll want to make sure you install a strong antivirus program on your Android device if you find out you’ve had to rid it of a virus. This will keep this from happening again in the future. Check the rotation options in the app you’re now using. For example, you can rotate films in Google Photos if you want them to. It’s possible that those app settings are interfering with your phone’s effort to auto rotate
- Sensors on your Android device should be calibrated. Moving your phone in a figure-eight motion is required for this to work. Because of this, the accelerometer and G-sensor reset their settings to their factory values. When you wish to rotate the screen, this might perhaps assist the phone respond better to the action of moving your hand
- However, this is not guaranteed. Uninstall any applications that were recently installed. In the event that you installed any apps lately before this behavior began, it is possible that one of those apps is causing difficulties with your Android’s auto rotation function. Please send in the phone for repair. It is possible that the root reason is malfunctioning hardware, which would require professional repair.
Auto rotate should be enabled. In the Quick Settings menu, you’ll be able to access this option. If you seeAuto rotatehighlighted in blue, it means that auto rotation is turned on. Automatic rotation is deactivated if there is no Auto rotate icon present, but there is aPortraiticon present instead. To activate auto rotation, selectPortrait from the drop-down list. The Talkback application under Accessibility Settings should be enabled, however you should be aware that activating auto rotate may create problems.
Keep in mind that your Android device’s screen is touch-sensitive.
It is possible to get this result by using any Android gestures.
You should calibrate the touch screen if you are certain that you were not touching it.
Your Android device should be restarted.
Besides fixing small issues like your Android screen not turning, it may also improve the performance of your phone or even fix a frozen screen.
You should not have to reboot your Android phone in order to resolve the issue of the screen not rotating; instead, allow the Home screen rotation to function properly.
Because of this, automatic rotation will not rotate certain screens by default.
If you want to make use of voice call screen, activate the toggle switches for the Home screen, Lock screen, and Voice call.
Bug patches and other issues are frequently included in new OS upgrades.
The virus must be removed from your phone if you are experiencing any of the other signs of an Android infection.
You should double-check your rotation settings in the app that you’re now using.
It’s possible that those app settings are interfering with your phone’s effort to auto-rotate.
Figure-eight motion is required to do this with your phone.
While this is unlikely to improve the phone’s response time when you spin the screen with your hand, it is possible that it will.
In the event that you installed any apps lately before this behavior began, it is possible that one of those apps is interfering with your Android’s auto rotation function.
There might be a problem with the hardware, which would require professional assistance.