- 1 How to change the icon size on your Android phone
- 2 How to change icon sizes on stock Android 12
- 3 Change icon size on Android using a launcher
- 4 How to Change Size of Icons on Android
- 5 How Do I Resize Icons on Android?
- 6 How Do I Reduce the Size of the Icons on My Samsung Phone?
- 7 Resize Icon With Third-Party Apps
- 8 How to Make Icons Smaller on the Samsung Galaxy A50
- 9 The Perks of Customization
- 10 How Do I Do It Then?
- 11 Alternatives Never Hurt
- 12 Easy as Android Pie
- 13 1. Try Third-Party Launchers
- 14 2.Dig into Your Phone’s Settings
- 15 How to Change the Size of Text, Icons, and More in Android
- 16 How to Change the IconFont Size on Android
- 17 How to Change Only the Text Size on Android
- 18 How to Temporarily Magnify the Screen on Android
- 19 How To Change Icon Size In Android. Change Size of App Icons
- 20 Tutorial on How to Change Icon Size in Android
- 21 Wrap Up
- 22 How to make icons smaller on Samsung
- 23 Is it possible to resize icons in Samsung phones
- 24 How to resize icons on Samsung phones
- 25 How to resize icons on other Android smartphones
- 26 How to make icons smaller using third-party apps
How to change the icon size on your Android phone
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. Android is all about personalization, yet many smartphones still ship with preset icon sizes, which is frustrating. If they can be scaled, the option to do so is not always readily available. Perhaps you like them to be larger so that you can see them more clearly, or perhaps you prefer them to be smaller so that they better suit the screen. We will demonstrate how this is accomplished. Many of you will have to use third-party launchers in order to complete this task.
How to change icon sizes on stock Android 12
Android Authority / Authorized by Edgar Cervantes Android 12 is all about customizing your experience. The user interface is considerably more fluid and dynamic, and one of its many advantages is that you can quickly resize app icons on it, which is one of its many advantages. Let us demonstrate how to do it. What is the best way to resize app icons on Android 12?
- Open the Settings application. EnterWallpaperstyle
- SelectApp grid
- And click OK. The grid will be configured to a 55 configuration by default. If you reduce the number of columns and rows, the size of the icons will begin to rise
Please keep in mind that these instructions were written on an aPixel 4a with 5G running Android 12. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may be different for you than they are for me.
Change icon size on Android using a launcher
Imel, David (android authority.com) A Samsung Android smartphone comes pre-installed with its proprietary One UI, which is now at version 3.1 on the Galaxy S21 series and 3.0 on certain more recent Samsung devices. This, among other things, enables those phones to modify their icon sizes without the need for a third-party launcher to accomplish this.
- Open the Settings application. Enter the Home screen
- The Home screen grid or the Apps screen grid should be selected. You have the option of changing the grid size. The size of app icons will fluctuate as they adapt to different grid configurations.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were written on a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus running Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may be different for you than they are for me. More information may be found at: The most finest Samsung mobile phones
How to Change Size of Icons on Android
- If you have Android Nougat 7.0 or later, you may change the size of things on the screen by adjusting the Display size settings. If you’re using a Samsung phone, long-press the home screen to select an icon grid for the Home or App screens
- If you’re using an iPhone, long-press the home screen to select an icon grid for the App screen
- If you’re using a Google phone, long-press the home screen to select an icon grid for the Home screen
- If you’re using a BlackBerry phone, long-press the home screen to select an icon grid for the App screen
- If you’re using You may also utilize third-party Android launchers that allow you to resize icons on your Android device if none of the above solutions are accessible to you.
Learn how to accomplish this on most Android phones, as well as third-party launchers that allow you to change the size of your icons, in this post. When it comes to Android, the ability to resize icons is dependent on the version of Android you’re running. For example, Android Nougat 7.0 and subsequent versions of the operating system provide a setting in the Settings menu that allows you to change the size of icons. Samsung phones have additional home screen options that allow you to accomplish this.
On your Android device, you may change the size of your icons using a variety of third-party apps.
How Do I Resize Icons on Android?
Icon sizes on Android phones are pre-set by default, however you can simply adjust the size of icons on your phone. If you have an Android phone that is newer than two years, scaling icons is a simple Settings tweak.
- To access your Android’s Settings menu, swipe down from the top of the screen and press the gear symbol in the upper right corner. To access the Display Settings option, scroll down and selectDisplay from the drop-down menu
- SelectAdvanced to get more information about that area. To change the display size, go to the Advanced Display Settings menu and select Display size. Move the slider at the bottom of the Display Size window to change the size of the things on the computer screen. In the upper portion of the window, you’ll see an example of what the text and icons will look like after they’re finished. Returning to the Home screen, you will note that the icons appear to be bigger than they were previously, depending on where you changed the size option
If you wish to reduce the size of icons or make your app icons smaller, apply the same technique as before, but instead of increasing the screen item size, decrease it (to the left) rather than increasing it (to the right).
How Do I Reduce the Size of the Icons on My Samsung Phone?
If you have a Samsung phone, resizing the icons on the screen is much simpler than it appears.
- Go to the Home screen and long-press anywhere in the blank space to bring up the Quick Settings menu. There will be menu icons appearing at the bottom of the screen when you do this. Select theSettingsicon, which may be found on the lower right. When you open the Home screen settings window, you will see two options for changing icon sizes. First, choose Home screen grid from the drop-down menu. You may change the number of icons that display on each Home page screen by adjusting the number of icons that show on the Home screen grid page. The greater the number of icons you permit, the smaller those icons will be. When you’re finished, click Save. Because of the grid arrangement you’ve selected, the preview window at the top of this screen will display how large or tiny the icons appear. When you return to the Home screen settings window, pick Apps screen grid to allow you to customize how large the icons on the Apps screen windows are. Using the grid selection at the bottom of the window, you may make the same adjustments to the icon sizes that you did earlier. When you’re finished, click Save.
When you’re finished, the icons on the Home screen and the Apps screen will display in the size that you specified in the grid settings earlier.
Resize Icon With Third-Party Apps
In the event that you don’t have a newer version of Android or possess a Samsung phone, you may install Android launchers that will allow you to resize icons on your Android device. You may accomplish this by using some of the Android launcher applications listed below.
- Nova Launcher: This launcher provides the most similar UI experience to that of stock Android. In addition to being a lightweight and quick launcher, it also allows you to customize the grid size, much as how Samsung users may adjust app icons. Rather than employing a grid approach, the Microsoft Launcher really allows you to customize the arrangement and size of icons on the Home and App screens. It contains a comprehensive number of helpful customization options that go beyond simply changing the icon size. Apex Launcher (Apex Launcher): It is possible to change the size of icons in this launcher’s settings menu, which ranges from 50 percent to 150 percent of the standard icon size. Go Launcher: With GO Launcher loaded, all you have to do is long-press the Home screen, selectSettings, and then utilize theIconsettings to change the size of the icons to Big, Default, or Custom
- What is the best way to alter app icons on Android? On an Android smartphone, you may replace the app icons to ones that you create yourself. In the Google Play store, look for custom icons, download and install the pack you wish to use, and then selectOpen. Go to SettingsThemes on a Samsung smartphone to download and install icon packs
- On an iPhone, go to SettingsThemes. What is the most important icon on Android? The key or lock icon indicates that you are connected to a virtual private network (VPN). When Safe Browsing is activated, the symbol will remain in the notification bar until you disable it. Turning off the VPN service will get rid of the symbol. What is the procedure for turning off the location icon on Android?
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to Make Icons Smaller on the Samsung Galaxy A50
Samsung’s phones have become as well-known as Apple’s ubiquitous iPhones in recent years. Even though both firms have maintained their flagship models throughout the years, they have also made significant investments in their smaller, more economical models. These phones have been labeled “budget” alternative phones by critics since they are less expensive than the latest Galaxy S10 while still retaining the majority of the features that make Samsung’s phones so amazing. The A50 model comes into this category, and it is widely regarded as one of the greatest flagship options available in the current market year.
Photograph shows the A50’s front-facing side, demonstrating the device’s outstanding screen utilization, even when compared to its more costly relatives.
The Perks of Customization
Have you ever purchased a new phone only to discover that something about the user interface (UI) was simply off? Possibly the font was changed, or the arrangement of the main screen needed to be rearranged. Are there too many or too few apps? Or have you ever thought to yourself, “Hey, when I’ve got a phone with such a large screen, why should I clutter it and obscure the gorgeous backdrop I’m using?” If so, you’re not alone. This is especially true with the A50, which features a screen that is larger than average.
How Do I Do It Then?
The advantage of the customization options offered on Android phones is that you may make changes to the user interface (UI). It follows naturally that you will be able to adjust the size of the typeface and the icons shown on your Home screen. This simple, step-by-step tutorial will teach you how to accomplish your goal in a few short, straightforward stages.
- To begin, navigate to the Settings menu on your computer. Once there, select the Display settings section from the main menu. The Home screen option may be found inside the Display settings menu. Make a tap on it
- Look for the following options: If you wish to make the icons smaller, you should consider switching from a 45 style to a 55 or 56 layout. Please feel free to play around with the grids on the Home and Apps screens. When you’re certain about whatever settings you want, save and return to your home screen. Unless otherwise specified, the modifications take effect immediately.
Alternatives Never Hurt
In case the size of the program icons isn’t the only thing that bothers you, there is another alternative. In addition, if you have visual troubles and need to lower or increase the size of the complete user interface on your phone, you may do so. To completely alter the display size, perform the following steps:
- Go back to your settings menu and select the Display submenu, just as you did previously. Once you’ve arrived, look for the “Font size and style” option on the menu. That should be tapped
- After that, you’ll see a slider similar to this one
- Adjust the text size by sliding the slider with your finger over the screen. It should be noted that the update will take effect automatically
- Furthermore, although this step is completely optional, you may want to change the font style that you are using. In fact, you may download updated ones from Samsung’s online store.
Easy as Android Pie
And that concludes our tutorial on adjusting the text size on the Samsung A50 smartphone. These are the two most fundamental approaches of adjusting font and icon sizes that do not require the use of third-party programs. Those are frequently unreliable, and in certain situations, they might even be hazardous to your health. As a result, we recommend users to exercise caution when evaluating whether or not to use these programs.
What is the size of the icons on your A50’s screen? What design arrangement do you prefer? If you have any thoughts or insights to make this procedure even faster and more seamless, please share them with us in the comments section below.
The Best Smart Thermostats
Most Android devices these days have set icon sizes, which is a good thing. If you want larger icons, or even smaller ones in order to put more of them on the home screen, that’s something to consider. The good news is that some smartphone models do allow users to do this natively – you just have to look for it in the device’s settings menu. Installing third-party launchers, which give a quick solution if you want to adjust the size of your icons, is an option for the majority of us. This essay goes through both ways in detail, demonstrating how you can simply achieve your aim.
1. Try Third-Party Launchers
Most third-party launchers will get the job done to change the icon size to your preferences. A few popular choices include the Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Smart Launcher 5 and the newer Niagara Launcher.
Because of its popularity, Nova Launcher is unquestionably the most well-known Android launcher out there — and for good reason. The software provides a quick and customized experience, allowing users to customize their phone according to their tastes without degrading the general functionality of the device. 1. Navigate to the Nova Settings menu on your device. The “Home screen” button is located at the top of the screen. 3. Select “Icon Layout” from the drop-down menu. 4. Adjust the size of your app icons by sliding your finger over the “Icon size” slider on the left-hand side of the screen.
Return to the previous screen to see the results.
The icon size that you select here will be applied to both the home screen and the app drawer on your device.
Apex Launcheris another another excellent option for people wishing to personalize their Android, since it provides a decent combination of features, like the ability to change app size and performance, among others. 1. On your smartphone, go to the Apex Menu and select Settings. 2. From the drop-down menu that displays, choose “Home Screen” as the default. 3. Select “LayoutStyle” from the drop-down menu. 4. Scroll down until you come across the “Icon size” slider, which you can use to adjust the size of your icons.
You may also play with with the app layout, deciding how many rows and columns of icons you want to see on your home screen, among other things.
The smaller the icons become the more columns you have. To further customize your app drawer, navigate to “Settings -App Drawer -Drawer LayoutIcons” in order to change the size of the app icons. You may also change the size of the icons and the layout from this page.
Smart Launcher 5
Smart Launcher 5 is a launcher tool that has been around for quite some time and is filled with useful features, such as the ability to automatically arrange your apps into different categories. Of course, you can also adjust the size of your app icon using the app. Step 1: From the bottom of the screen of your smartphone running Smart Launcher 5, swipe up and away. 2. You’ll be able to see the many app categories that the launcher utilizes to organize your applications. 3. Select the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the display by tapping it.
- A window titled “App page” will open on your computer screen.
- Choose the size of the global symbol in accordance with your preferences.
- Changing the size of your home screen icons requires a somewhat different approach than changing the size of your app icons.
- Custom icon layouts can be selected from this menu, or you can just get down to work by selecting Resize and starting again.
Niagara Launcher is one of the more recent generations of launcher applications. A speedy and simplistic interface makes it ideal for low-end devices, and it is also free. The software allows users to create a new home screen layout that can include up to eight of their most frequently used applications, which they can then save. The rest of the apps may be accessed using the A-Z alphabet on the right-hand side of the screen. The Niagara Launcher feature pack adds the ability to customize the size of the app icon.
- Make a long touch on one of the icons on your home screen.
- Select “Niagara Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select Look from the drop-down menu.
- Drag your finger across the “App icon size” bar to customize the appearance of the icons.
- Go back and double-check your work.
- However, depending on the sort of smartphone you have, you may not be required to download a launcher software in order to complete the task.
2.Dig into Your Phone’s Settings
Some smartphones include the ability to change the size of your app icons on the fly. Pixel users, for example, may accomplish this quickly and easily by following these instructions. 1. Long press on an empty place on the Pixel’s home screen for many seconds. 2. Select the “StylesWallpaper” option. 3. Navigate to the Grid. 4. Here you may choose from a variety of grid sizes. The default value is set at 55% of the total. However, if you want to enhance the size of your icons, you may choose the 3/3 option or the 2/2 option.
- Perhaps the organization will expand its offerings in the future.
- Additionally, if you are using a Samsung phone with One UI pre-installed, you may adjust the size of your app icons as well.
- On your Samsung device’s home screen, long press on an empty place for several seconds.
- Select the “Home Screen Settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- You should be able to view the “Home Screen Grid” and “Apps Screen Grid” choices on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Knowing how to adjust the size of your Android applications’ icons, you might be interested in learning how to design custom app icons on your device.
- Is this article of use to you?
After a few years as a middle-school teacher, she decided to pursue a career in technology journalism. She began her journey in 2013. Alexandra is always pushed by a desire to learn more about how things function and to share her findings with as many people as possible.
How to Change the Size of Text, Icons, and More in Android
Chikena/Shutterstock.com Customization is one of the features that distinguish Android from other operating systems, although it serves a purpose other than just aesthetic one. If you have difficulty seeing certain objects, you may change the size of icons, text, and other elements. We’ll show you how to do it. In certain cases, depending on which version of Android you’re running (and which sort of phone) you may be able to adjust only the text size, while in others you may be able to increase the size of everything on your screen.
Please keep in mind that the screenshots below were taken from a Google Pixel phone running Android 12.
RELATED: Tips and Tricks for Customizing Android Navigation Buttons and Gestures
How to Change the IconFont Size on Android
Change the size of app icons on Android by adjusting the size of the text that appears next to each app symbol. This is due to the “Display Size” options on the phone, which basically increase the whole phone interface to accommodate the larger display. To access the Quick Settings menu, first slide down once or twice (depending on your phone) to reveal it. To access the system settings, use the gear symbol on the toolbar. Now navigate to the “Display” section of the options menu. Look for the words “Display Size” or “Screen Zoom” on the menu.
You may swipe through the samples to get a better idea of how things will appear when finished.
As you move the dot on the scale, the size of the display will change in real time to match.
How to Change Only the Text Size on Android
What if you merely want to change the font size of a text block? That is something we can accomplish as well. To access the Quick Settings menu, first slide down once or twice (depending on your phone) to reveal it. To access the system settings, use the gear symbol on the toolbar. Now navigate to the “Display” section of the options menu. Look for the words “Font Size” or “Font Size and Style” in the search results. Text size may be changed by dragging the dot on the scale at the bottom of the screen to the desired size.
That’s all there is to it.
How to Temporarily Magnify the Screen on Android
Perhaps you do not wish to permanently make your phone the center of your universe. The Magnification feature on Android allows you to zoom in on any object at any time you desire. To access the Quick Settings menu, first slide down once or twice (depending on your phone) to reveal it. To access the system settings, use the gear symbol on the toolbar. Continue to the bottom of the page until you reach “Accessibility.” Select “Magnification” from the drop-down menu. If you’re using a Samsung smartphone, you’ll need to first navigate to “Visibility Enhancements.” Toggle the “Magnification Shortcut” switch to the on position to make it active.
It is possible to switch between different magnification modes by tapping this.
Swipe up from the bottom of the screen with two fingers to access the menu. When utilizing Magnification, you have a number of options for zooming in on the image in either situation. To magnify the image, click on the following link:
- Magnification should be started. Make a tap on the screen
- To travel across the screen, drag two fingers over it. Zoom may be adjusted by pinching using two fingers. To turn off magnification, use the shortcut key.
To temporarily increase the magnification, type the following:
- Magnification is activated by touching and holding anywhere on the screen. To travel across the screen, drag your finger over the screen. To turn off magnification, lift your finger.
All of these approaches will allow you to customize the appearance of your Android smartphone to your liking. Some people, regardless of their vision ability, prefer large, strong symbols and writing to small, subtle ones. Others like to maximize the amount of screen space available and make items smaller. You’re free to be yourself.
How To Change Icon Size In Android. Change Size of App Icons
Android Tipster is a participant in the Amazon Affiliates program, and we may get a small commission on sales made via our site at no additional cost to you if you use certain links on our site. Do you need to know how to modify the size of an icon in an Android device? Then continue reading the remainder of this post. Android is well-known for its flexibility to be customized. You have complete control over how you arrange and customize the UI (User Interface) of your Android phone. You might wish to adjust the size of the icons on your Android phone at this point.
To be honest, there are a plethora of options available for customizing the icon size on Android.
So let’s get this party started.
Tutorial on How to Change Icon Size in Android
As you should be aware, there are a variety of various Android versions available for purchase and download. At the same time, Android smartphones are being manufactured by a variety of companies throughout the world. Aside from that, they have their own UI (User Interface), sometimes known as a launcher. This has resulted in an inability to adjust the icon size in a standardized manner in Android. In fact, there are so many different approaches that it is impossible to describe them all in a single essay.
Nonetheless, we will make an effort to cover the most frequent and beginner-friendly ones in this article.
Method1 If You Have the Stock Android
The first technique will work on any Android phone that is pre-installed with the Google-supplied stock Android user interface. This approach should work for anyone using a Google Pixel phone, so give it a go. Here’s how to go about it. Procedure to Be Followed
- Navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu and then press on the ‘Display’ option to customize your display. As a result, you’ll need to scroll down and click on the ‘Advanced’ option from the drop-down menu. Then select the ‘Display Size’ option from the drop-down menu. You will be able to adjust the size of the icons on your Android phone starting on the next page.
There is, however, a catch to this approach. Additionally, it will change the size of the letters and other items on the screen, in addition to the size of the icons.
Method2 If You Have a Samsung Phone with TouchWiz UI
Back in the day, Samsung would include the ‘TouchWiz UI’ on every one of their Android smartphones. When it comes to the most recent smartphones, they are now employing the new “One UI” in place of the older “TouchWiz UI.” In this case, if you have a Samsung phone with the ‘TouchWiz UI,’ then this solution is appropriate for you. The way it works is as follows. Procedure to Be Followed
- On older Samsung Android phones, they would include the ‘TouchWiz UI,’ which was a user-interface designed by Samsung. In recent years, they have switched away from the TouchWiz interface in favor of the new ‘One UI.’ In this case, if you have a Samsung phone that has the ‘TouchWiz UI,’ then this solution is for you. The way it works is as follows:. Follow These Steps
Change Icon Size in Android –Method3 For Android Nougat
You should use this approach if you have a phone that is running Android Nougat (7.0) or higher.
You may thus skip this step if you are running a different version of Android. Here is a breakdown of the procedure: Procedure to Be Followed
- Go to the ‘Settings’ menu on your phone and choose ‘Reset’. Afterwards, scroll down a little and select the ‘Display’ option
- On the following page, select the ‘Display Size’ option from the drop-down menu. It’s possible that you’ll have to wait a few moments before the display size menu shows. As a result of this action, you will be able to adjust the size of the font, icon, and nearly all other items displayed on the screen by pressing on the “+” or “-” button at the bottom of the screen. The ‘Preview’ of the changed settings will be located in the upper half of the window. You may press the return button after you have discovered the right setting for you
- The new setting will be stored immediately when you have done so. As is customary, you may repeat the process to adjust the size of the icons as many times as you wish.
Method4 Using 3rd Party Launchers
If you want to get the most out of your Android device’s customization capabilities without taking any risks, you should consider using third-party UI, often known as launchers. The word ‘Android Launcher’ should be recognizable to the vast majority of Android users by now. In actuality, they are custom UI (User Interface) elements that can be downloaded for free from the Google Play Store. After you have installed and used them, you will be able to customise and give your phone a new and distinct appearance.
- However, these are more powerful and adaptable, and they have the ability to alter the appearance of your Android User Interface to a greater level.
- All of those have its own unique set of features and functions.
- Furthermore, some of the greatest launchers are only available for a fee.
- However, there are some excellent free launchers available as well.
- Some of the most popular 3rd party launchers for Android are listed below, in no particular order:
- POCO Launcher 1 and 2.0, Go Launcher, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher, and other launchers are available.
All of these launchers now allow you to choose the size of the icons. The process for adjusting the icon size on each of these launchers, on the other hand, varies from one to the next. Nonetheless, we will attempt to cover the lesson for adjusting the icon size in as many third-party launchers as possible in this article. In the case of Poco Launcher 1
- Tap and hold on any empty spot on the home screen to bring up the menu. Tap on the ‘Settings’ option, which is located at the bottom of the screen. An overlay menu will show as a result of this
- From there, select the ‘More’ option to continue. Now, on this screen, select ‘Customize Layout’ from the drop-down menu. You will be able to choose the icon size as well as the grid pattern in this section. The updated settings will take effect instantly once you have picked your preferred options by tapping on the ‘Apply’ button after you have made your selection.
In the case of Nova Launcher
- Using your phone, navigate to the ‘Nova Settings’ menu. Then select ‘Desktop’ from the drop-down menu. Then, under the ‘Layout’ tab, select the ‘Desktop Grid’ option and customize it with your favorite grid pattern before clicking on the ‘Done’ button. Now, select the ‘Icon Layout’ option from the drop-down menu and adjust the size to your liking. In addition, you can customize the label settings. After you’ve finished, click on the back button.
- To alter the app drawer grid pattern, you must return to the main page of “Nova Settings” and select the “AppWidget Drawers” option. From here, you must select the “Drawer App Grid” option and modify the app drawer grid pattern. Then press the ‘Done’ button. Changes may also be made to the icon layout from the ‘Appwidget drawers’ area of the settings menu. Repeat the process by returning to the main page of ‘Nova Settings’ and tapping again on the ‘Dock’ option
- This area has been expanded to include the ability to customize the ‘Dock Icons’ and ‘Icon Layout.’
In the case of Apex Launcher
- It is just a matter of tapping and holding any vacant portion of the home screen until an overlay menu appears on the screen. Now, from the overlay menu, select the ‘Apex Actions’ selection. Then select ‘Apex Settings’ from the drop-down menu. This will add a new shortcut to your home screen, which will be titled ‘Apex Settings.’ However, if the ‘Apex Settings’ menu is already there, you may choose it to gain access to the Apex Launcher’s major configuration options. Select ‘Advanced Settings’ from the drop-down menu. If you go to the following page, you will see choices for adjusting the size of icons and the size of icon text
- They are both found under the section titled “Icon Settings.” Each of these may be customized by tapping it and changing the icon size
- If you are dissatisfied with the current icon size, you can repeat the procedure to make it larger or smaller
- However, this is not recommended.
In addition to the hundreds of third-party launchers available, you should be aware of the following: As a result, it is not feasible to provide instructions for all of the launchers on this website one by one. For this, you will need to make a few adjustments to the launchers you are currently using, and you will be able to find out how to change the icon size after you do so.
Method5 Using Custom Rom
The final approach we’ll discuss is one that is more advanced than the others. As a result, we do not advocate using this strategy. But if you are experienced with custom ROMs and rooting your Android phone, you should be able to test out this one as well. In this case, we’re talking about utilizing a custom ROM to modify the appearance of your Android’s user interface. Installing a custom ROM on your Android phone is a difficult job that requires expert knowledge. Furthermore, it is a little hazardous as well.
If, on the other hand, you are interested and want to personalize your Android phone to the fullest extent possible, you can find instructions on this topic all over the internet.
Our affection for Android derives from the fact that it is one of the most flexible operating systems available anywhere in the globe. Almost every aspect of the phone can be customized and made more personal. In this case, changing the icon size in Android is a straightforward process. Furthermore, there are a variety of approaches that may be used to attain this goal. Listed above are all of the most common and practical techniques for altering the icon size in Android, which we hope will be of use to you when you need it.
We hope that this tutorial will assist you in customizing your Android phone to your liking. Remember, if you have tried any of the options above, please let us know which one was the most successful for you.
How to make icons smaller on Samsung
In today’s environment, individuals are constantly interacting with their cellphones. Everyone is checking their social media accounts, reading the news, playing various games, working, or simply seeking for various information on the Internet. In part due to the widespread usage of smartphones, there are several brands and models to choose from, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. There are a plethora of models available on the market today, and there is fierce rivalry among them.
There are huge smartphones in which a well-readable and large interface will be created if that is what you choose, as well as many small models that are extremely compact and easy to fit in any hand.
This was done so that everyone could understand them and their phone was as user-friendly as possible.
Is it possible to resize icons in Samsung phones
On phones running the Android operating system, including those made by Samsung, this feature was unavailable for a lengthy period of time. However, since the release of Android Nougat 7.0 or later, you have the ability to adjust the size of objects on the screen by adjusting the screen size settings. You need absolutely update your phone to the most recent version of Android in order to accomplish this. Then you will be able to alter this setting on both Samsung phones and any other Android devices that you own after that point.
You may customize your interface by using a third-party launcher that you can download.
How to resize icons on Samsung phones
The process of altering the size of icons on a Samsung phone is fairly straightforward, and it is even simpler than on other Android devices. You will only require the following items to complete this task:
- Press and hold in any empty spot on the Samsung’s Home screen for a long time. A number of menu options will be available at the bottom of the screen. Choose theSettingsicon in the lower right corner of the screen. This is the point at which you must pick the Home Screen Grid
- You may choose how many icons should be displayed in a row on your smartphone’s screen in this section. The more the number of icons, the smaller the icons will be
- When you’re finished, click the Save button. Then return to the Preferences window and pick the Grid applications screen to make changes to the size of the icons on that screen as well. This may also be accomplished in the same manner. When you’re finished, click the Save button.
After that, you can exit the settings. The size of the icons should be the same as the size you specified previously in the grid settings.
How to resize icons on other Android smartphones
If you have many phones or have just chosen to transfer from your Samsung to another smartphone, you may be asking how to alter the icon size on your phone. This article will explain how to do so. If you have an Android phone that is newer than two years, enlarging the icons is a simple change. In reality, it is fairly simple to accomplish this. You will need the following materials to complete this task:
- To begin, you’ll need to open theSettingsapp on your Android smartphone
- Then scroll to the bottom and selectDisplayto get to theDisplay Settingstab
- And finally, press OK to exit the Settingsapp. After that, select Advanced. TheAdvanced Display Settingsmenu will appear in front of you as a result of this action. It is necessary to pick the Display Size option here. In theDisplay Sizewindow, you may change the size of the screen items by dragging the slider at the bottom of the screen. An example of how the text and icons will appear at the top of the screen will be displayed.
You may now exit the settings menu and return to the main screen of the application.
The size of the icons should alter based on how you have changed the size of the icons. Alternatively, if you want to make the icons even smaller or restore them to their previous size, you must perform the same technique as above and adjust the size of the item to your liking.
How to make icons smaller using third-party apps
You may install Android launcher applications on your device if it doesn’t support the latest version of Android. These apps will allow you to resize the icons on your Android phone or tablet. Below you will discover a list of many Launchers that have the capacity to do this and are among the most popular on the internet.
- Nova Launcher, Microsoft Launcher, Apex Launcher, and Go Launcher are some of the most popular launchers available.
All of these liners provide you with the flexibility to customize the icon and text size settings for your shell’s interface. You’ll also discover a slew of other graphical enhancements for the user interface of your device in these updates.