- 1 How to connect your Mac computer to a TV, and use a TV as a mirrored screen or second monitor
- 2 How to connect a Mac to a TV with a cable
- 3 How to wirelessly connect a Mac to a smart TV
- 4 Related coverage fromTech Reference:
- 5 How to Screen Mirror to Samsung TV Wirelessly (Without Apple TV)?
- 6 Connecting Your iPhone Using Samsung Apps
- 7 How to Cast iPhone to Samsung TV with MirrorMeister App
- 8 Screen Mirroring iPad to Samsung TV
- 9 Best Screen Mirroring App
- 10 Best and Easy Ways to Mirror Mac to Samsung Smart TV
- 11 Ways on How to Mirror Mac to Samsung TV
- 12 Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 13 Stream video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV
- 14 Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- 15 How to Connect a Samsung Flat Screen HDTV LCD to a MacBook
- 16 [6 Ways] How to Mirror Your MacBook to Samsung TV
- 17 Part 1: Using A HDMI Cable to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
- 18 Part 2: Using AirBeamTV to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV Wireless
- 19 Part 3：Using Airplay 2 to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
- 20 Part 4: Alternative Ways to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
- 21 Bonus Tip: What’s the Best Samsung TV?
- 22 Conclusion
- 23 How to connect a MacBook to a TV
- 24 How to connect a MacBook to a TV using AirPlay
- 25 How to connect a MacBook to a TV using cables
- 26 How to Connect a MacBook to a TV
- 27 How Do I Connect My MacBook to My TV?
- 28 Can I Plug a MacBook Into My TV?
- 29 How To Connect Macbook Pro To Samsung Smart Tv?
- 30 Why won’t my Mac connect to my TV HDMI?
- 31 How do I mirror my macbook to my TV?
- 32 How do I connect my Mac to my TV HDMI?
- 33 How do I AirPlay from my Mac to my Samsung TV?
- 34 Can I screen share my Mac to Samsung TV?
- 35 How do I connect my Mac laptop to my TV?
- 36 How can I connect my Mac to my TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
- 37 How do I share my MacBook screen to my TV without HDMI?
- 38 How do I connect my MacBook pro to HDMI 2020?
- 39 Why does AirPlay not work on Samsung TV?
- 40 How to Connect a Macbook to a TV Using HDMI
- 41 Basic Items
- 42 Extras
- 43 How to Connect a Macbook to a TV in 3 Easy Steps
- 44 Step 1: Check Macbook Version
- 45 Step 2: Finding the Right Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- 46 Step 3: Enable Audio-Output Over HDMI on Your Mac
- 47 FAQs: Connecting a Macbook to TV
- 48 Macbook to TV Infographic: Which Adapter For Which Model?
- 49 Poll
- 50 QuestionsAnswers
How to connect your Mac computer to a TV, and use a TV as a mirrored screen or second monitor
- In order to utilize your Mac computer on a larger screen, you may connect it to a television through a cable or wirelessly, depending on whether you have a smart TV
- However, this is not recommended. The use of a television as a second (or even third) display for a Mac might be beneficial when working on a project or playing games. You may also watch movies, TV shows, and other material on a much larger screen when you connect your Mac to your television. Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library to read more stories related to technology.
As more and more individuals choose to view their movies and television episodes on the internet through a streaming service, the distinction between computer and television is becoming increasingly blurred. Although you may be watching a show on Netflix, it’s likely that your large flat screen TV will provide a more enjoyable viewing experience than the PC you’re using to access the internet. Connecting a Mac to a television gives you access to the internet on a much larger screen than you would otherwise have.
Furthermore, in many circumstances, you may connect up to two external monitors or televisions at the same time.
It should be noted, however, that televisions do not necessarily make for excellent second monitors, as specialized computer monitors, which are meant to be watched up close, typically have far higher resolution than a television.
How to connect a Mac to a TV with a cable
The barrier between computer and television is becoming increasingly blurred these days, as more and more people choose to view their movies and television shows through a streamingservice. While it’s true that your huge flat screen TV will likely provide a better viewing experience than the PC you’re using to access the internet, even when watching a Netflix episode. Access to the world wide web is made possible on a much bigger screen by connecting a Mac to a television set. A TV connected to a Mac may also serve as a second display, increasing the productivity and enjoyment of your work or games.
The Apple logo in the top left of the screen, followed by “About this Mac,” will reveal whether or not your Mac is compatible with external video devices.
A webpage with information about your Mac’s external video capabilities will appear; simply scroll down until you reach “Video Support” and read the information that appears below it to complete the task.
How to wirelessly connect a Mac to a smart TV
Macs and Apple TVs, particularly the newer models, make screen mirroring quite simple. Simply switch on both the TV and the Apple TV, then on the Mac, navigate to the Apple logo, then “System Preferences,” then “Displays,” and finally choose the TV from the “AirPlay Display” taskbar to complete the installation. For other smart TVs that are not Apple TV-compatible, you will need to purchase a mirroring app that is specifically built to operate with the TV manufacturer in question.
Download the Samsung SmartThing app from the App Store if you have a Samsung television. Get the AirBeamTV app if you have a Sony television. A fast Google search will reveal the most appropriate program for mirroring your Mac to virtually any smart TV on the market.
Related coverage fromTech Reference:
Steven John is an independent writer. Steven John is a freelance writer who lives in New York City after spending 12 years in Los Angeles, four years in Boston, and the first 18 years in the Washington, DC, area. Whenever he isn’t writing or spending time with his wife and children, he may be found climbing mountains in the surrounding area. His writing may be found all over the internet, and his books can be purchased here. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc.
How to Screen Mirror to Samsung TV Wirelessly (Without Apple TV)?
Instead than staring at a little screen, try this: Eye strain may be avoided, as can the use of cumbersome cords, and money can be saved by not purchasing an expensive Apple TV. Everything else is superfluous! With one amazing app, you can make your life even more pleasant right now. Displaying material from your phone on your TV using Samsung TV screen mirroring allows you to watch videos, watch programs, or listen to music from your phone. Examine the information in this post and discover how to connect your phone to a Samsung TV.
All you need is a free app to screen mirror to your Samsung device.
Take pleasure in seeing your vacation images on television.
Connecting Your iPhone Using Samsung Apps
What Is Screen Mirroring Technology and How Does It Work? Samsung Smart View is a screen mirroring application that is exclusively available for Samsung Smart TVs. It is being developed by Samsung, and it only distributes material to select televisions that are compatible with it. It’s also important to make sure your WiFi connection is active. As a result, be aware of this before to installing it. If you want to utilize Smart View to screen mirror your Samsung TV, you must first do the following:
- Connect your mobile phone and Samsung TV to the same WiFi network to enjoy seamless streaming. It is necessary that your WiFi be operational. Install the Samsung Smart View application. Start by launching the app and casting your material to the television
Please keep in mind that Smart View is only accessible on Android smartphones. If you own an iPhone or iPad, have a look at the options listed below.
How to Cast iPhone to Samsung TV with MirrorMeister App
There are no cords, and there are no little displays. It’s only one app! Some Samsung televisions are equipped with the AirPlay feature, while others are not. You may project your iPhone’s screen to a Samsung TV by using the Apple AirPlay feature. You may follow the steps outlined in Apple’s official instructions to get it up and running. We recommend using our free screen mirroring software if your TV does not support AirPlay or if you just do not want to deal with the headache of connecting wires and additional devices.
You may use it to stream movies, sports, music, and presentations, as well as to share images on your television, among other things.
Movies on the big screen are mirrored from the little screen.
Other major smart TV manufacturers (LG, Sony, Panasonic) and streaming devices (such as Roku, Amazon FireTV, and Amazon Firestick) can also be used with this application.
So even if you upgrade to a new television, you can continue to use MirrorMeister. Learn how to switch off the quiet mode on your iPhone in this tutorial.
Screen Mirroring iPad to Samsung TV
Sports on the big screen are mirrored on the screen. When connecting an iPad to a Samsung Smart TV wirelessly using MirrorMeister, you’ll need the following items:
- Your Samsung Smart TV, your iPad, and the MirrorMeister mirroring program loaded on your tablet are all examples of what you need. Additionally, MirrorMeister may be downloaded directly from the Samsung App Store. You should connect your iPad to the same network as your Samsung television.
Screen Mirror Mac to Samsung TV
On television, take pleasure in all the small nuances. TheMirrorMeisterapp may also be used to wirelessly link an Apple Mac PC or laptop to a television. This is especially useful if you have downloaded a movie that you would like to watch on a large screen television. To set it up, simply follow the four simple steps outlined below:
- Install the Mac ScreenMirroring application on your computer. Take advantage of a free trial. Don’t be concerned, you will not be charged
- Install the Samsung TV on the same wireless network as your Mac, MacBook, or MacBook Pro. MirrorMeister should be opened. Select your television and hit the ‘Start Mirroring’ button. Starting today, you may stream your photographs, videos, YouTube clips, programs, presentations, and other material to your television or streaming device.
Samsung Remote Control App
This application is available for download and installation on the Mac. A free trial period is available to you! You will not be charged, so don’t be concerned. Install the Samsung TV on a network that includes your Mac, MacBook, or MacBook Pro. MirrorMeister should now be up for business. Click on your TV and then click on ‘Start Mirroring’ to begin. Starting now, you can stream your photographs, videos, YouTube clips, programs, presentations, and other material to your television or streaming device.
Best Mac Video Player App
Watch movies on your Apple Mac while sitting in front of the television. Are you a true Mac enthusiast who spends a lot of time watching videos? Then you’ll come upon VideoMeister. A ground-breaking Mac application that wirelessly broadcasts any video file to your television. This video player is compatible with all file types, formats, and codecs. There is no longer a need for potentially hazardous HDMI cords. You may also say goodbye to those annoying video messages that aren’t supported. Simply sit back and watch videos without any worry.
Free Video Tutorial Screen Mirroring to Samsung TV
Learn how to wirelessly connect your Apple smartphone to your Samsung TV by watching the video tutorial below! This tutorial will teach you how to mirror the screen on your iPhone or iPad onto your television set. Today, press the play button and use the screen mirror! Tip: Both your Smart TV and your Apple device (iOS or MAC) must be linked to the same WiFi network in order for this to operate correctly.
What is AirPlay?
Every iPhone and iPad is equipped with AirPlay functionality. If your television is not compatible with Airplay-2, you will need to acquire an Apple TV in order to use it for audio and video. The capabilities of your Samsung TV’s built-in Airplay enable you connect your phone or tablet to the TV via its built-in Airplay capability. On the huge screen, you may watch movies, television shows, and videos. TRUTH: The most recent Apple TV model costs more than 150 dollars! To connect your iPhone or iPad to your television using Apple TV or Airplay, you’ll need the following items:
- Apple TV or a Samsung TV that is Airplay compatible
- An iOS smartphone that is compatible
AirPlay 2 on your Samsung TV
Apple TV or a Samsung TV with Airplay compatibility; an iOS smartphone that is compatible with the Apple TV or Samsung TV; and
- Create a connection between your iOS smartphone and Apple TV using the same Wi-Fi network. Swipe up or down, depending on your iOS version, to reveal and access the Control Center. Select your Apple TV or Airplay-compatible TV from the list by selecting Screen Mirroring from the menu. If AirPlay is available and displays on your TV screen, simply input the name of the device on your iOS device
- The TV screen should instantly appear. In addition, these methods are the same for connecting an iPad or iPod Touch to your Apple TV.
Best Screen Mirroring App
So if you’d want to save money, that’s an option (by not purchasing an Apple TV). And if you don’t want (HDMI) cords running through your house. Then download and use the greatest screen mirroring tool available today. Everything on your television can be viewed from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. Make your life more pleasant and safer by following these tips. MirrorMeister is available for download right now! A piece of advice: An Apple TV costs $149. A one-year subscription to MirrorMeister costs just $2.99.
MirrorMeister App may be downloaded right now! ADDITIONALLY, YOU WILL LEARN: Samsung TV Screen Cleaning Instructions What Is the Best Way to Stream Disney Plus? What Is the Best Way to Stream From a Computer to a TV? What Is The Best Way To Cast To Roku TV?
Best and Easy Ways to Mirror Mac to Samsung Smart TV
By streaming your favorite movies from your mobile devices or computer to a larger screen, you can enjoy viewing them with your friends and family without being restricted by the limits of a tiny screen. It may, however, be difficult for you to discover a suitable method of mirroring your Mac to your Samsung Smart TV. Your post presents numerous resources to assist you in this endeavor. Continue reading to find out more. Download
Ways on How to Mirror Mac to Samsung TV
- By streaming your favorite movies from your mobile devices or computer to a larger screen, you can enjoy viewing them with your friends and family without being restricted by a tiny screen. If you want to mirror your Mac to your Samsung Smart TV, finding a suitable solution may prove tough. A number of tools are provided in this article to assist you in your endeavor. More information may be found by continuing reading this article. Download
Mirror for Samsung TV
The first tool you may use to cast the screen of your Mac to your Samsung TV is an app called Mirror for Samsung TV, which is available for both iOS and Android devices. It has a stunning high definition resolution and is extremely portable. Simply follow the instructions outlined below to discover how to connect your Mac to your Samsung Smart TV using this tool.
- Installing the software on your Mac is as simple as downloading it. Don’t forget to connect your Mac and Samsung TV to the same WiFi network to ensure that everything works properly. Open the program on your Mac and choose the mirror icon, which can be found at the top of the screen of your computer. Then, on your TV, choose the name of your TV and press the Start Mirroring button to begin the mirroring process.
When it comes to screen mirroring from a Mac to a Samsung TV, JustStreamapp is another excellent utility that deserves to be mentioned. Using this dependable screen mirroring tool, users may mirror their Mac’s screen to other external devices, such as a television, while still enjoying a crystal-clear streaming and video mirroring experience. To cast the screen of your Mac to your Samsung TV, follow these instructions.
- Afterwards, install the application on your Mac and run it
- From the menu bar, select the app icon and wait for a list of the available devices to appear on the screen. To begin mirroring, choose the name of your Samsung TV from the drop-down menu.
Alternative – LetsView
It is now simple to wirelessly stream content from a Mac to a Samsung TV. If you also want to mirror your phone to your television, you may do so with the help of a free, yet really useful program called LetsView. This great program allows you to cast your mobile devices to your television in a quick and simple manner, and it does not require any previous mirroring knowledge. Download
Those are the most effective methods for mirroring a MacBook to a Samsung TV. These all work well as viable alternatives. As a result, select the one that best meets your requirements. Amanda Smithon contributed to this article. Tips & Resources will be available on July 14, 2020. The most recent update was made on February 28, 2021.
Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
That concludes our list of the best methods for mirroring a MacBook to a Samsung television. These all work well as viable choices. In such case, select the one that best meets your requirements. Amanda Smithon submitted this article. to Tip and Resource on July 14, 2020. On February 28, 2021, the most recent update was made available.
Stream video from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV
- To use AirPlay 2, you must connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or smart TV that supports AirPlay 2. 1
- Locate the video that you wish to stream and press the AirPlay button. In certain programs, you may be required to press a separate button before proceeding. 2 For example, in the Photos app, touch Share, then AirPlay
- In the Music app, tap Share, then AirPlay
- Select an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list below.
To pause streaming, choose AirPlay from the app from which you’re streaming, then select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from the drop-down menu. 1. SharePlay does not support smart TVs that are AirPlay 2-compatible. Apple TV is required in order to broadcast video using SharePlay. 2. Some video apps may not be compatible with AirPlay. If you are unable to utilize AirPlay with a video app, check the App Store on your Apple TV to see if the video app in question is now accessible there.
If video automatically streams to an AirPlay device
It is possible that your device may automatically stream content to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you use on a regular basis. If you start a video app and notice in the upper-left corner that an AirPlay device has been selected, then you have already picked an AirPlay device.
To use AirPlay with a different device, first tap the device you want to use AirPlay with, and then tap another device. Alternatively, touch again to terminate AirPlay streaming.
Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to a TV or Mac
- Video from your device may automatically stream to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you use on a regular basis. A selected AirPlay device will be seen in the upper-left corner of a video app when you first launch it. Using a separate device using AirPlay is as simple as tapping and then tapping another device. Alternatively, touch once more to terminate AirPlay streaming.
- It’s possible that your smartphone may automatically stream content to an Apple TV or an AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV that you use on a regular basis. The AirPlay device is already selected if you start a video app and notice in the upper-left corner that it has been selected. To use AirPlay with a different device, first tap the device you want to use AirPlay with, then tap another device. Alternatively, you may press again to discontinue streaming with AirPlay.
- Select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu. Make a selection from the list of devices to use with your Apple TV, AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV, or Mac. Alternatively, if an AirPlay passcode shows on your TV screen or on your Mac, enter the passcode on your iOS or iPadOS device
Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250. Thank you for taking the time to provide comments.
How to Connect a Samsung Flat Screen HDTV LCD to a MacBook
In addition to video outputs, Apple MacBook laptops offer HDMI connectors, which make it simple to connect them to Samsung flat-screen televisions that have High Definition Multimedia Interface ports, allowing you to stream copyrighted high-definition material over the connection. While MacBook Pro computers are equipped with HDMI connectors, MacBook Air computers are solely equipped with Thunderbolt connections, which provide Mini DisplayPort capabilities as well. They will require an extra Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI adaptor from a third-party vendor.
- Unplug your television from the wall outlet or, if you have one, turn off the power strip to which it is attached before continuing.
- Keep track of which port you used.
- For MacBook Pros equipped with an HDMI connector, this step can be skipped entirely.
- Alternatively, reconnect the power cord to your Samsung television set or flip the power switch on its power strip to the “On” position.
- Continue to press the “Source” button on your TV or its remote control until you have picked the input to which your MacBook has been connected.
- References Steve Lander has been writing professionally since 1996, and he has extensive expertise in the financial services, real estate, and technology industries.
- Lander graduated with honors from Columbia University with a Bachelor of Arts in political science.
[6 Ways] How to Mirror Your MacBook to Samsung TV
Sketch was used to create this design. HomeMirror Suggestions What you need to know about mirroring your MacBook to your Samsung TV We are all aware that Samsung provides the highest possible display quality. Watching movies and web series on Samsung TV is a popular pastime for those who want the greatest viewing experience possible. You must connect the MacBook to the Samsung TV in order to see the MacBook screen on the Samsung TV screen. Here are some straightforward instructions for mirroring your Mac to your Samsung TV.
Part 1: Using A HDMI Cable to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
The use of a cable is often considered to be the most straightforward method of connecting your MacBook to a Samsung TV. In order to connect your Macbook to your Samsung TV, you will need a single HDMI cable as well as an adaptor that is compatible with your television. The following are the methods to mirror your Mac to your Samsung TV: Step 1: Using a USB-C adapter, connect the HDMI cable to the computer. Step 2: Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on the television. “System Preferences” may be found by going to the Apple menu on your Mac and selecting it.
Step 6: The screen mirroring will begin to project the contents of the computer screen onto the television.
Here’s the ideal answer for you: simply downloadiMyFone MirrorTo and use it to link your iOS devices to your Windows PC using Bluetooth connectivity. Following the connection, you will be able to operate your Mac interface from your Windows computer, which is really useful and handy for us.
Part 2: Using AirBeamTV to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV Wireless
Another handy technique of connecting your MacBook to a Samsung TV is through the use of AirBeamTV. The following are the benefits of utilizing AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring:
- You can watch anything on your computer or on a huge television screen, which enhances the watching experience. You can connect to a TV wirelessly, which eliminates the need for cords. There is no requirement for additional hardware. AirBeamTV is functional even if Apple TV is not present. Because of this, it is not difficult to use. This is not a free service. The complete version of this application is only available for purchase.
Here are the basic procedures that you may take in order to use AirBeam screen mirroring on your Mac to display on your Samsung television: Obtain the AirBeamTV application from the Apple App Store or from AirBeam. Step 1: Step 2: Download, install, and launch the application. Step 3: From the tablet, select the television you want to watch. Step 4: At this point, click on ” Begin Mirroring.” Please keep in mind that your Mac and Samsung TV must be on the same local network in order for this to operate.
Part 3：Using Airplay 2 to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
When we need to share anything on our mobile devices, we frequently utilize Bluetooth to do this. Apple, on the other hand, provides its consumers with a proprietary sharing system. For iPhone devices, Airplay 2 is a wireless streaming technology that replaces Bluetooth. At the World Wide Developer’s Conference in 2017, it was officially unveiled. It facilitates the sharing of music, video, and the mirroring of a device’s screen.
Features of Airplay 2:
- Shares photographs, videos, music, and the screen across Apple devices that are compatible with it. Playing music on many devices at the same time is possible. Streaming in many rooms
- Siri is supported
- In addition to supporting Apple TV, it also supports a few additional television manufacturers
- Buffering has been improved.
Tip Apple is unable to synchronize the audio between the Airplay 2 and Bluetooth standards since they are two different standards.
What Samsung TVs Support Airplay 2?
Are you interested in learning how to stream your favorite television episodes and movies from your Mac to a large widescreen television? With Airplay 2, you can now cast photographs and movies from your Apple smartphone to your Samsung TV, which is a great feature. Additionally, with Airplay 2, you may wirelessly connect your Mac to your Samsung TV. Samsung TV models from 2018 to the most recent ones are supported with Airplay 2. The following are the Samsung televisions that are compatible with Airplay 2:
- In 2018, Samsung Smart Full HDTV N5300
- Samsung 4K UHD TV 2018
- Samsung QLED 4K 2018
- Samsung Smart Full HDTV N5300 2018
- Samsung Smart Full HDTV 2018
- Samsung Smart Full HDTV 2018. Samsung Frame TV 2018
- Samsung Smart TV 2018
- Samsung Smart TV 4K UHD TV from Samsung in 2019
- Samsung Frame, Serif, and 4K UHD TV from LG in 2019
- Samsung UHD TVs with Crystal Clear Displays in 2020
- Samsung Premiere projector 2020
- Samsung Frame and Serif TV 2020
- Samsung Premiere projector 2020
- Samsung Premiere projector 2020 Samsung 8K and 4K QLED TVs to be released in 2020
- Samsung 27″ and 32″ M5 Smart Monitors in 2021
- Samsung 32″ M7 Smart Monitor in 2021
- Samsung 27″ and 32″ M5 Smart Monitors in 2021
How to use Airplay/Airplay 2 from a Mac on Samsung TV?
Screen mirroring from one device to another has grown increasingly common in recent years. Screen mirroring may be accomplished in a variety of ways. You may cast the screen from one location to another using either a cable or wireless connection. Mirroring apps are also available for use on mobile devices. Airplay allows users to mirror their Mac’s screen and share music, images, and movies on Samsung TVs that are compatible with Airplay. Here are the basic steps you may take to stream content from your MacBook to your Samsung TV.
Step 2: In the Apple menu bar, click the AirPlay icon and then pick your Samsung TV from the list.
Step 3: By clicking on your Samsung TV, the MacBook’s screen will begin to reflect the image on the screen of your TV.
Troubleshooting of using Airplay 2 to mirror Mac on Samsung TV
When it comes to sharing your screen, music, and movies, Airplay is a fantastic technology that allows you to do so from your Mac, iPhone, and iPod to your Samsung TV. Users may experience difficulties while attempting to utilize Airplay, just as they would with any other technology.
Here are some of the challenges that you may have to deal with in your particular situation. In addition, we are providing solutions to each difficulty one by one in order to resolve this issue and continue working smoothly.
1. Blank Screen
When you try to connect your Mac to a Samsung TV, it may fail to connect on some occasions. The only thing that displays is a blank screen. You look for the power cord, but it’s already linked to something. You’re perplexed as to what the problem is. Solution:If your Airplay is not working and your TV is showing a blank screen, the first thing you should do is make sure that your TV is running the most recent software version available. To update the software on your television, just follow the instructions outlined below: “Settings” may be found under “Home” in the navigation bar.
2. Code Not Showing
Before connecting, a code is produced to establish a connection between the Mac and the Samsung TV. It is possible that the code will not appear at all. It occurs when you do not have the Airplay option switched on in your device. Solution: a.Open the “Settings” menu on your television and select “General.” B.Then go to “Airplay settings” and select the “Airplay” option from the menu.
3. Audio Not Working
If the audio component of Airplay is not functioning properly, take these steps to resolve the issue. Solution: a.Go to the “Settings” menu on your television. b.Click on “Sound” and then “Expert Settings” will be shown. c.Turn on “Sound Mirroring” and choose your TV from the list.
Part 4: Alternative Ways to Mirror Your Mac to Samsung TV
1) Connect your television and computer to the same local network. 2) Download and install the LetsView application on your Mac computer. 3) Launch the app and input the pin code for your television into the appropriate field. 4) The MacBook screen will begin to be mirrored on your television.
To get started, download and install the JustStream application on your Mac. 2) Launch the software and pick the Mac screen that you want to reflect. 3) Select your television by selecting “Airplay” from the drop-down menu. 4) At the top of the screen, click the “Start” button. 5) To stop mirroring, just select “Stop Mirroring” from the drop-down menu. 6) At this point, the screen mirroring will begin.
Install a VGA adapter and then connect the adapter’s cable to your Mac’s thunderbolt port by first plugging the projector’s cable into the adapter. 2) Select the Apple menu from the Apple menu bar on your Mac. 3) Select “Displays” from the “System Preferences” drop-down menu. 4) Select “Arrangement Tabs” from the drop-down menu and check the box “Mirror Displays.” 5) At this point, the MacBook screen will begin to be mirrored over the projector.
Bonus Tip: What’s the Best Samsung TV?
Install a VGA adapter and then connect the adapter’s cable to your Mac’s thunderbolt port by first plugging the projector’s cord into the adapter’s cable. Click on your Mac’s Apple menu to open it. To access the Displays menu, go to the Apple menu and select “System Preferences.” 4) Select “Mirror Displays” from the “Arrangement Tabs” drop-down menu. It will take a few moments before the MacBook screen begins to reflect over the projector.
1. Samsung QN95A Neo QLED
Samsung’s QN95A Neo LED 4K TV is the company’s most recent 4K television.
It is the first Samsung television to be equipped with a Mini LED backlight. It includes SDR and HDR capabilities, which result in excellent video quality. Pros
- Does not work with Dolby Vision or Atmos audio
- Freeview Play is not available at this time.
2. Samsung The Frame
Samsung The Frame is one of the most popular televisions that are inspired by paintings. Its design is very one-of-a-kind and exquisite. It’s a QLED TV with 4K resolution. HDR technology is also supported by the Frame. Pros
3. Samsung TU8000
Samsung Painting-inspired televisions like the Frame have been quite popular. That it has such a distinct and gorgeous design is quite remarkable. QLED technology is used to provide the 4K resolution. In addition, HDR technology is supported by the Frame. Pros
4. Samsung Q80T QLED 4K TV
Another television that may be used for gaming is the Q80T QLED. It features a very low input latency of 8.7 milliseconds. VRR, ALLM, and Freesync are also supported by the Q80T QLED. Pros
Nowadays, whether we are working or watching television, we must be able to see the computer screen on a large widescreen. We thoroughly examined each way of mirroring a Mac to a Samsung TV and eliminated the solutions that were too complicated or time-consuming. Following the instructions in this tutorial, you will be able to connect your MacBook to your Samsung TV with ease. (Click here to give this post a rating.) Generally speaking, it gets a 5 (256participated) The rating was successful!
How to connect a MacBook to a TV
(Image courtesy of Future) A computer display may be created by connecting your MacBook to a television set. AirPlay is the most convenient method of accomplishing this. You may, however, attach a video cable to the display port on your computer to accomplish the same result. With the former, you may mirror or extend the display of your MacBook onto a television. You may use the TV as a display for your Mac only if you connect it through wires. Here’s how to connect a MacBook to a television, regardless of whether you have a MacBook Pro or an Air.
How to connect a MacBook to a TV using AirPlay
Smart TVs that are AirPlay 2-compatible allow you to broadcast or share video from your Apple devices with others. When using an Apple laptop, you have the option of mirroring or extending your Mac display. In order to begin, make sure that both your compatible smart TV and MacBook are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. On your Mac, go to the ‘Control Center’ icon in the menu bar and select ‘Screen Mirroring’ from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see the option, go to the Apple menu bar and select System PreferencesDisplays from the drop-down menu.
(Image courtesy of Future) While you’re mirroring, you might want to consider extending the MacBook display on your smart television.
Select the ‘Arrangement’ tab from the drop-down menu.
Uncheck the box next to ‘Mirror displays.’ Create a visual hierarchy by putting your TV display in front of or behind your MacBook display in the on-screen illustration, for example. To turn off AirPlay/Screen Mirror, pick ‘Off’ from the pull-down option next to the speaker.
How to connect a MacBook to a TV using cables
It is possible to connect your MacBook to a television that does not support AirPlay 2. You may do this by utilizing physical connections. Your video cable must be capable of connecting to either the Thunderbolt connector, the HDMI port, or the DVI port on your MacBook. The other end of the cable should be connected to the video input port on the television. More information about the ports may be found in your TV’s user manual. MacBook models from the most recent generation are exclusively equipped with Thunderbolt connectors.
- Once both computers are linked, you may change the resolution of your television by selecting the Apple menu on your computer and then selecting System PreferencesDisplays from the menu bar.
- Alternatively, if you wish to have audio from your Mac played on your television as well, pick the Apple menu and then System PreferencesSound.
- Remove the wires from your TV once you have done using it as a Mac display.
- The cable alternative, on the other hand, is compatible with a greater number of television models because it simply requires a video input connection.
- Wolfe works as a staff writer for TechRadar, iMore, and any other publications where Future may utilize his services.
- In addition to his 15-year-old daughter, Bryan is also the father of a dog named Isabelle.
How to Connect a MacBook to a TV
- You may connect your MacBook computer to your television by utilizing a USB-C or Thunderbolt-3 to HDMI or DVI converter
- However, this is not recommended. With a smart TV, you can also use AirPlay to mirror your MacBook screen or to extend your screen and utilize your television as a second monitor. Although certain older MacBook models may not have a mini-Display connection, you may still connect your MacBook to your television with an adaptor.
A USB-C or Thunderbolt-3 to HDMI or DVI converter may be used to connect your MacBook computer to your television. Additionally, if you have a smart TV, you may use AirPlay to mirror your MacBook screen, extend the screen and use the television as a second monitor. The mini-Display connector on some older MacBook models may be absent; however, you may still connect your MacBook to a television by using an adaptor.
How Do I Connect My MacBook to My TV?
If you want to watch movies or play video games on your MacBook computer, you can connect it to a television screen. You may also use a larger screen for work. If you have a smart TV, AirPlay is the quickest and most convenient method of connecting your MacBook to your TV. Before you begin attempting to connect your MacBook to your smart TV, double-check that both devices are connected to the same network and are switched on.
- Go to the Displays section of the Settings menu on your Macbook. The choice for AirPlay Display may be found in the drop-down menu. Select the smart TV or other device that you wish to utilize as a display for your MacBook Pro
- And It is possible that a little window may show on your smart TV when the connection has been made and established. Alternatively, if you wish to utilize your TV as a second display for your MacBook, selectGather Windowson your MacBook screen to bring all of your windows together and extend the screen. You may then utilize your television as if it were a second monitor in this situation. You may mirror your MacBook screen to your smart TV by going to your Display Settings and selecting Mirror Display from the Arrangement drop-down menu.
When you’re finished and wish to disconnect the monitor, follow the steps outlined above, but instead of selecting Off in Step 3, pick Off. Alternatively, you may selectScreen Mirroring from the Control Center on your menu bar, and then pick the TV to which you wish to mirror your screen.
Once the connection has been established, you will be able to select whether to mirror or expand your display. Open Screen Mirroring once more and choose the name of the TV to which you’ve linked in order to terminate the connection when you’re finished.
Can I Plug a MacBook Into My TV?
If you have an older model TV or MacBook that does not have AirPlay capability, you can connect your MacBook to it via a wire. The type of cable you require is determined on the model of MacBook you own as well as the connections available on that machine. A direct connection between your MacBook and your television may also be required; for example, a Thunderbolt to HDMI cable may be required. Other options include utilizing an adapter to link your MacBook to an external monitor. Another option is to utilize an adapter that connects to your MacBook and gives adaptable ports for usage with your computer.
To achieve the greatest visual quality possible, you may need to go into SettingsDisplay and tweak your display settings and resolution after connecting your device.
- What is the best way to link my MacBook to my Windows PC? Installing iTunes will allow you to connect AirPlay devices to Windows through Wi-Fi connection. When streaming video, use an application such as TuneBlade or Airfoil to do this. Use AirMyPC, AirParrot, AirServer, or X-Mirage to mirror your computer’s screen. What is the best way to enable AirPlay on my iPhone? To play music, go to the Control Center and long-pressMusic, then tap theAirPlayicon and select a device from the drop-down menu that appears. To use screen mirroring, go to the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring or AirPlay Mirroring from the drop-down menu. How can I turn off Apple AirPlay on my computer? Mirroring may be found under the Display menu on a Mac. Turn off the mirroring feature. On iOS devices, go to the Control Center and select Screen Mirroring from the drop-down menu. Put an end to the mirroring. To turn off the AirPlay capability on your Mac, navigate to System PreferencesDisplays, pick the AirPlay Display drop-down menu, and select Off.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How To Connect Macbook Pro To Samsung Smart Tv?
Don’t forget to connect your Mac and Samsung TV to the same WiFi network so that they may communicate with one another. Open the program on your Mac, and then click the mirror symbol, which is placed at the top of the screen of your Mac. Then, on your TV, choose the name of your TV and press the Start Mirroring button to begin the mirroring process. Also, could you tell me how I may link my MacBookPro to my Samsung TV?
- Installing the Mac Screen Mirroring application is simple. Install the Samsung TV on the same wireless network as your Mac, MacBook, or MacBook Pro. MirrorMeister should be opened. Set up a streaming connection between your computer and your television or streaming device, and begin streaming your images, movies, YouTube clips, series, presentations, and other information.
In this sense, what is the best way to wirelessly link my MacBook to my Samsung Smart TV? Amazingly, how can I wirelessly link my Macbook Pro to my smart television?
- Click on the AirPlay icon in the MacBook’s menu bar to begin streaming. From the drop-down menu, select the Apple TV to which you wish to connect
- And To begin showing the screen of your MacBook on your television, select the Apple TV input.
How can I connect my MacBook Pro to my Smart TV? I’m looking for the best answer to my topic. Simply switch on both the TV and the Apple TV, then on the Mac, navigate to the Apple logo, then “System Preferences,” then “Displays,” and finally choose the TV from the “AirPlay Display” taskbar to complete the installation. For other smart TVs that are not Apple TV-compatible, you will need to purchase a mirroring app that is specifically built to operate with the TV manufacturer in question.
Why won’t my Mac connect to my TV HDMI?
If your Mac does not identify your HDTV, monitor, or other HDMI device after you have connected it, try the following solutions: While your Mac is running, turn off the HDMI device connected to it. To re-connect the HDMI cable to your Mac, unplug it and reconnect it. Turn on the HDMI device if it is not already.
How do I mirror my macbook to my TV?
- Locate the HDMI port on your television and then connect the HDMI cable to it. Determine the video output of your Mac
- Purchase the appropriate cable for your Mac: Connect one end of your HDMI cable to your Mac or port adapter
- The other end to your TV. Turn on your television and switch the input on your television to the HDMI input.
How do I connect my Mac to my TV HDMI?
- Make sure you have a Mini DisplayPort adaptor. Connect the Mini DisplayPort adapter to your laptop’s USB port. Connect one end of your HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your television
- Install your Mini DisplayPort adapter on the opposite end of the HDMI wire you just connected. Continue using the same procedures as before to make your television the audio source
How do I AirPlay from my Mac to my Samsung TV?
- Check to ensure that your Mac computer is currently linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your television
- Select and open the content to be broadcasted to a Samsung TV using AirPlay. If there’s an AirPlay button accessible, press it to start the process.
This program, dubbed Mirror for Samsung TV, is the first tool that you may use to project the screen of your Mac to your Samsung television. Open the program on your Mac, and then click the mirror symbol, which is placed at the top of the screen of your Mac. Then, on your TV, choose the name of your TV and press the Start Mirroring button to begin the mirroring process.
How do I connect my Mac laptop to my TV?
Connect your Mac to your television set.
In order to view videos on a television, attach one end of the video cable (or an adapter, if necessary) to either the computer’s Thunderbolt port, its HDMI port, or its DVI port, and the other end of the cable to the television’s video input port.
How can I connect my Mac to my TV wirelessly without Apple TV?
LetsView is the ideal option if you want to wirelessly connect your MacBook to a television without the need of an Apple TV. There is no cost to using this wireless screen mirroring application for Mac, which allows you to display anything on your Mac screen on your television. Simply download the program and install it on your Mac as well as your television.
- Understand the output format. MacBook Pro 2016 and newer models are supported. MacBook Pro 2015 and Newer Models TV using Airplay
- How to Connect a Mac to a High Definition Television? Step one is to purchase a video cable. Step 2: Connect the cable to the Mac. Step 3: Connect the cable to the HDTV. Step 4: Configuring the port
- Modifying the sound and video settings
How do I connect my MacBook pro to HDMI 2020?
It is conceivable that the improper display settings on your laptop are to blame for the inability to connect your laptop to your television through HDMI. As a result, it’s always a good idea to double-check the display settings on your laptop: To check the display settings on your computer, hit the Windows logo key and the letter P on your keyboard at the same time.
Why does AirPlay not work on Samsung TV?
To troubleshoot a Samsung TV AirPlay issue, such as a problem with the TV not showing up or playing, try updating your TV with the latest firmware, ensuring that AirPlay is enabled, updating the smart devices you are using to mirror, and connecting the TV and smart device to the same WiFi network, to name a few possibilities.
How to Connect a Macbook to a TV Using HDMI
Tobias is an internet writer that enjoys staying up to speed with the newest technological trends and developments. “Can you tell me how to link your Macbook to a television?” When it comes to providing an answer to this issue, Apple itself isn’t offering much assistance. This article will assist you in that endeavor. Whether you possess a Macbook, Macbook Pro, or Macbook Air, you will discover how to connect it to an HDTV for your watching enjoyment in this guide.
- Mini DisplayPort-enabled Macbook, Mac, or iMac (2010 model or newer)
- HDMI-enabled TV, screen, or projector
- Mini DisplayPort-enabled Macbook, Mac, or iMac
- Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter (with Audio Support)
- Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter (without Audio Support)
How to Connect a Macbook to a TV in 3 Easy Steps
Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter (with Audio Support); Mini Displayport to HDMI Adapter (without Audio Support).
Step 1: Check Macbook Version
First and foremost, you must ensure that the right version of the software is installed on your Macbook. You’ll need to do the following in order to figure it out:
- In your Apple menu (under the Apple emblem located in the top left-hand corner of your screen), select “About This Mac.” Afterwards, double-click on the version text (for example, “Version 10.8”). Apple Support Page: Enter the serial number into the text box provided. You’ll then be able to view which version of Mac OS X is currently operating on your computer.
The following devices and versions are compatible with the Mini DisplayPort and are capable of transmitting both audio and visual signals through the connector:
- *MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012 and later)*
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)*
- Mac mini (Mid 2010 and later)*
- Mac Pro (Mid 2010)
- MacBook (Mid 2010 and later)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 and later)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2010 and later)
- IMac (Mid 2009 and later) (source: support
Because of this, any older models can only transmit video data over the DisplayPort connector. Notice: If you have a Macbook that has Thunderbolt instead of a Mini DisplayPort, you may skip this step. Don’t be concerned; it makes no difference for the purposes of this lesson. Both interfaces are 100 percent compatible with one another, and you can use the same Mini DisplayPort adapter for both a Thunderbolt and a USB 3.0 connection. You will not require an extra adapter if you are connecting straight to the HDMI port on the exact models listed above.
Simply connect your Macbook and your HDMI cord to a television set.
Step 2: Finding the Right Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
For the Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter to function properly, it must be compatible with the VESA-1.1a DisplayPort Standard in order to transmit both audio and visual signals.
It is recommended by Apple that you use one of the three adapters listed below, which are known to be compliant with this standard:
- Moshi Mini DP to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support
- Griffin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI and DVI Converter
- IWires Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
Our Pick: For a fourth alternative, consider this Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter with Audio capability, which is available on Amazon. Despite the fact that it is not specifically suggested by Apple, it performs similarly to the others and costs less than half the price (currently $10 on Amazon).
Step 3: Enable Audio-Output Over HDMI on Your Mac
- Open the System Preferences window. Select Sound Settings from the drop-down menu. Make a selection from the “Output” tab. If you have linked your Macbook to your television in the manner indicated above, you should now be able to view your Macbook screen on the television. Now, simply choose the television and you’re ready to go
Congratulations! You’ve completed the connection between your Mac and your television. Send audio and video data from your Mac to your television screen in the highest possible digital quality via the HDMI port. You may now do the following:
- Use your Mac to play movies and then view them on your television
- Playing music on iTunes while the visual effects are playing on your television is a good idea. To begin, start up keynote presentations on your Mac and display them onto a screen.
FAQs: Connecting a Macbook to TV
I’ve followed the instructions above for setting up the connection, however the TV is just showing the Macbook desktop wallpaper. The majority of the time, you’ll have to move the video window that you want to see on the TV screen right outside of the Macbook screen in order for it to appear on the TV screen properly. As an alternative, you might go to Preferences – Displays and select “Detect Displays” from the menu. Select “mirroring” from the drop-down menu, and your computer screen should be projected on your TV in 1:1 proportion.
Change the HDMI input channels on your TV by using the arrow keys on your remote.
Despite the fact that I have a more recent Macbook model with Snow Leopard loaded, the Audio Output through HDMI is not functioning.
An issue with Mini Display Port Audio Output was discovered after upgrading to OSX Snow Leopard, as discussed in this thread on the Apple support forums.
Macbook to TV Infographic: Which Adapter For Which Model?
Infographic on connecting a MacBook to a television: Find out which adapter is required for which model.
To the best of the author’s knowledge, the information in this article is accurate and complete. Content is provided solely for informative and entertainment reasons and should not be relied upon as a substitute for personal counsel or professional guidance in commercial, financial, legal, or technical problems, unless otherwise specified.
Question:I’ve connected my MacBook to my Samsung, and it displays my screensaver but does not play the slideshow that I’d want to see. What am I supposed to do? Answer:Experiment with moving the windows that contain the slideshow to an external monitor. Or: Alternatively, you may go to Settings -Displays and select to mirror your MacBook’s screen. Screw this man who doesn’t have a Mac book65623on his desk. This won’t function since Apple doesn’t want you to view movies on it or use an HDMI cable, so say goodbye to your older Macbook Pro with a DVD drive in it, effective May 23, 2018.
- The 9th of February, 2018: When I try it with the plug, it still doesn’t work for me.
- The 9th of February, 2018: I’d advocate utilizing media server software; personally, I’ve been using ArkMC for Mac, which is a free download.
- amotonion December 27, 2017:I use the ArkMC software to link my Mac to a smart TV.
- Raymondon The 31st of December, 2016: When I connect in the HDMI cable, I have to manually switch the sound to the other channel.
- miaon The 13th of September, 2016: Hello, I’m the owner of a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) I tried connecting HDMI to HDMI, but nothing happened, and the same thing happened with the BenQ projector.
- Do you have any suggestions?
Leeon The 13th of September, 2016: It seems that I have a connection when I connect my macbook pro to a high-definition television using the HDMI adapter, but “desktop 2” does not appear on my television and there is no “desktop 2” in Mission Control – only the regular “desktop.” What exactly is this “desktop 2” and how can I get rid of it?
On September 13, 2016, Tobias (author) wrote from Germany: @Joe: Take a look at this link: Creightonon The 11th of September, 2016: Guys, please take note of the following: Except for what you state, I really like the essay “Our Preference: As a fourth alternative, consider this Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter with Audio Support, which is available on Amazon.
Amazon has a large number of them – HELPellieon The 22nd of July, 2016: This is an excellent essay.
Even for a tech ncewbie, this is a big deal.
As a result of using your suggestions, it is currently functioning for me.
On October 12, 2015, Linda Robinson from Cicero, New York, wrote: Hello Tobias, it was a pleasure meeting you and I just wanted to say that your hub is really educational and useful, and that it is simple to comprehend for anyone, whether they are beginners or experts in their field.
Lindamemeon The 26th of June, 2015: Hi My MacBook Air used to reflect perfectly to any television when connected through the HDMI wire.
After navigating to system preferences and selecting display from the drop-down menu, the tab configurations do not appear to have been followed properly.
I have no idea what occurred – any suggestions?
I thought it might be my HDMI cable or the mini display port, but it is not because it appears to work perfectly with my friends’ laptops.
JosephBloggson Posted on February 23, 2015 by @hdmiguru Thank you so much for your assistance.
On February 23, 2015, Tobias (author) from Germany tweeted: @JosephBloggs Take a look at the following: Connect your Macbook to an external keyboard and/or mouse to complete the setup.
If you choose to utilize Clamshell Mode, your Macbook will be configured to use its HDMI output as the primary display source.
(the hinge has broken and damaged the cable that runs through it.) However, I’d want to utilize it in conjunction with an external HDMI monitor, but I can’t do so since I can’t see anything on the screen in order to access the display choices and configure mirroring.
On the 8th of January, 2015, Tobias (author) wrote from Germany: Jen, you might want to consider utilizing one of the adapters recommended in the post.
I have not yet upgraded my operating system to Yosemite.
The MBA understands that the HDMI input is active, but it operates as if there is no new connection to the HDMI source.
More information may be found in this Apple document: On December 30, 2014, the following was written by (author) from Germany: Tim, this is something that a lot of people are encountering with their Macbook Air.
Let’s hope they are able to release a patch for Mac OS in a timely manner.
Is it possible that Apple purposefully manufactured this difficulty in order to drive consumers to purchase AppleTV?
On December 3, 2014, Tobias (author) posted the following: @GetSirius: Set your TV as your primary screen output (Preferences – Displays) and turn off your Macbook’s screen by hitting and holding the F1 key until the screen turns off completely (this takes a few seconds).
Additionally, your previous television should be compatible with the device if it includes an HDMI port.
I’d like to be able to stream videos/movies from my Mac Pro to my television.
I’m also looking into whether or not there is an adaptor that is compatible with both the Mac and the Apple TV.
Thanks On November 9, 2014, Tobias (author) posted the following: It should be functional!
Mickon The 8th of November, 2014, is a holiday in the United States.
teaon The 17th of October, 2014: I’m completely baffled right now.
I’m at a loss for words!
I’ve done everything advised above, and all that appears on my Samsung TV is the message “No signal.” Could someone help explain me what I’m doing wrong and how I can correct it, thanks in advance.
When I plugged it in, the screen flashed, so I assumed it had been identified.
On July 26, 2014, William Leverne Smith from Hollister, Missouri wrote: “We’ve utilized it effectively a number of occasions.” It’s really cool.
When I connect the HDMI cable to the TV (via the HDMI port) and my Macbook, the Macbook does not recognize the TV as being connected.
On July 18, 2014, Sarah Dill from Ohio wrote: This is exactly what I’ve been looking for all over the place.
I just didn’t know what kind of cable to get!
On June 17, 2014, David Hamilton, a resident of Lexington, Kentucky, wrote: You make it appear to be simple.
Will I be able to start the slideshow and then close the Macbook Air lid such that the slideshow continues to play without being switched off?
Can you tell me what video input ports your ancient television has?
Lybrahon December 27, 2013: I have an older television set; would it be still functional?
webber444on The 29th of October, 2013: Greetings, Sarah and Gwen.
Thank you for being so comprehensive and informative!
This has been voted up!
Verify that you are running the most recent version of your Mac operating system by selecting “Software Update” from the Apple () menu.
You might also want to check out the Apple support document “TS4088” for more information on this issue.
It’s up to date, but do you have any suggestions?
We can recommend the Amazon Basics High Speed HDMI cables, which are available on Amazon.
However, as long as your connectionlab cable complies with the High Speed requirement, it should be satisfactory.
sarahon The 17th of July, 2013: I’ve been debating whether or not to get a new HDMI cable because my current one is barely functional.
Is it really as excellent as you claim it is?
What are your thoughts? gwenon The 10th of July, 2013: Thank you very much for the article! a fantastic piece of work. I had a major difficulty with it – perhaps I’m just too clumsy:) Now, my connectionlab hdmi cable is in great working order:)