- 1 Scan for channels from an antenna or cable box on your Samsung TV
- 2 Connect a cable or antenna and scan for channels
- 3 Get more channels with Samsung TV Plus
- 4 Can You Connect An Antenna To A Samsung TV?
- 5 How To Connect An Antenna To A Samsung TV
- 6 What Are The Advantages Of Antenna TV?
- 7 What Are The Best TV Antennas You Can Get?
- 8 Final Thoughts
- 9 Samsung TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak
- 10 How to Set Up OTA Channels on 2018 Samsung TVs
- 11 How To Get Local Channels On Samsung Smart Tv (Easy Tips)
- 12 How can I get local channels on my Samsung Smart TV without cable?
- 13 Do smart TVs have built in antennas?
- 14 Will an Antenna Improve the Signal on a Smart TV?
- 15 Does a Smart TV Need an Antenna for Local Channels?
- 16 Do you Need a Digital Antenna?
- 17 Is Cable TV Better than Using an Antenna?
- 18 How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart Tv (Full-Guide]
- 19 How to watch local channels without having to pay for cable
- 20 I don’t have cable, therefore how do I access local channels on my Samsung Smart TV without using it?
- 21 Do smart TVs come equipped with built-in antennas?
- 22 Will a Smart TV’s signal be improved by using an antenna?
- 23 How to Configure Over-the-Air (OTA) Channels on Samsung TVs from 2018
- 24 Samsung Smart TVs (models from 2014 to 2017)
- 25 Samsung’s non-smart televisions (All models)
- 26 Using internet-based services, you can watch local TV channels
- 27 Our Final Thoughts
- 28 Frequently Ask Questions
- 29 How Can I Receive TV Signals Without a Cable or Antenna?
- 30 Is an Antenna Still Necessary with a Digital TV?
- 31 How to rescan for antenna channels on your Samsung TV
- 32 How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart TV? 
- 33 How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart TV Easily?
- 34 How to Get Local Air Channels on Samsung TV?
- 35 Why Samsung TV Does Not Discover Local Channels?
- 36 How do I connect my Samsung TV to antenna?
- 37 Q9F QLED 4K TV
- 38 How to connect an antenna to your Samsung TV
- 39 How to connect the antenna to your Samsung TV
- 40 How to tune OTA channels on TVs through the antenna
- 41 How to get more channels with Samsung TV Plus
- 42 How to combine multiple TV antennas
Scan for channels from an antenna or cable box on your Samsung TV
A Samsung representative from Best Buy will contact you to arrange a time for you to try out the Galaxy S10.
A Samsung salesperson at Best Buy can arrange for you to have a personal presentation of your next galaxy device.
Our Samsung agent would want to learn more about you so that they may better help you in the future.
- I accept to receive information from Samsung, including special offers and promotions.
- We look forward to seeing you soon!
- If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+, you will receive a free 6-month subscription to Spotify Premium.
- Furthermore, your television is equipped with a tuner that can automatically scan for and program local channels that will display on your channel list.
Connect a cable or antenna and scan for channels
Important: If you do not first convert the source to television, the Broadcasting option will be greyed out and unavailable. Channels and broadcasts do not appear on your television screen by themselves. You must first connect an antenna or cable to your computer and then search for nearby stations. After you’ve done this, you’ll be able to view any accessible channels in your area!
- First and foremost, make certain that you have an antenna or a cable box that is already installed and ready to go. If your antenna or box does not come with a coax cable, you may need to purchase one to connect it. As soon as you’re finished, attach the other end of the coax cable to the ANT INport on the back of your television, or to a One Connect Box if you have one. Alternatively, you may change the source on your TV toTV. There are several options for accomplishing this
- For example,
- You may also use your remote to pick the TV source by pressing theSourcebutton on the device. You may start by pressing Home, then browse to Source, and finally pick TV.
- It is possible to pick the TV source by pressing theSourcebutton on your remote control. If you want to watch television, you may start by pressing Home, then Source, and then TV.
- SelectAir if you are just using an antenna
- Otherwise, selectOther. Simply if you are only utilizing a cable box, selectCable. If you are utilizing both an antenna and a cable box, selectBoth as your option. You will be able to access the greatest number of channels this way
- Your television will begin to search for available channels. When it’s finished, clickClose to close the window.
Your television will begin to search for available channels immediately after turning it on. ChooseClose to bring the process to a conclusion.
Get more channels with Samsung TV Plus
With Samsung TV Plus, you can enjoy free television if you’re already tired of all the channels that come with cable or an antenna – or even better, if you don’t have any of those options set up. This feature is included with all recent Samsung smart TVs and allows you to stream channels from the internet directly to your television. To utilize this function, just click the Home button on your remote control and then selectSamsung TV Plus from the menu that appears. More information about the service may be found in our comprehensive Samsung TV Plus guide.
Other answers that might help
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2022. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them. The information and entertainment given in the preceding section is strictly for your enjoyment and informational purposes only.
- All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice.
- With the Shop Samsung App, you can check out quickly and easily.
- Alternatively, you may continue buying on Samsung.com.
- Free standard delivery, special deals, and financing options are all available.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
Can You Connect An Antenna To A Samsung TV?
There are several benefits to connecting an antenna to your television. It’s easy, it’s inexpensive, and it still allows you to watch content from local networks. You will learn how to connect an antenna to a Samsung television in the section below. The majority of Samsung televisions are capable of being linked to an antenna, provided that the TV is equipped with the appropriate socket on the back or side of the device. A variety of indoor and outdoor antennas are currently available, with some of them having maximum ranges in excess of 200 miles.
The following is a ranking of the top four contemporary television antennas.
How To Connect An Antenna To A Samsung TV
The process of connecting an antenna to a Samsung television is straightforward. Even the most recent models of televisions are still equipped with the connections required for the work.
Look For The F Connector
On your television, you must have a F Connector (also known as a coaxial cable connector).
The HDMI port can be found on the back or side of your television, depending on the model you have. There are several options for labeling this port, including “ant/cable” or something similar. It’s a circular port with a threaded outside.
If at all practicable, an indoor antenna should be installed in the attic or second floor of a building. It should also be placed near a window in order to receive the greatest signal. Flat antennas are also frequently installed in the room where the television is located, as well as on the wall near the ceiling. In most cases, outside antennas are mounted on the roof, where they will get the greatest signal possible. In addition, this applies to antennas mounted on campers, vans, and travel trailers.
Antenna wiring is a rather straightforward process. There is only one coaxial wire to be concerned about. There are several approaches to wiring an antenna so that its signal may be distributed to several televisions across a home. Alternatively, you might link a cable from the antenna to a media box in the house that has an antenna splitter. To connect the video module, just one wire will be required, and then each wire linked to the splitter will be able to transport the signal to a different television set.
Enable Antenna TV On Your Samsung
You should be able to connect to the antenna by selecting TV from the source menu once you have connected the coaxial cable to the antenna on one end and the television on another end of the connection.
- In order to go to the Source menu, press the Source button on your television remote control. To access the Settings menu, use the directional pad or arrows. Then, under the Settings menu, pick Broadcasting and then Auto Program. Only the antenna should be selected, and both should be selected if you are using both the antenna and a cable connection.
The setup instructions that came with your antenna may be of use if you are still having problems with it.
What Are The Advantages Of Antenna TV?
If you are still having problems, you can refer back to the setup instructions that came with your antenna for assistance.
Good For Campers
Camping has seen a significant increase in popularity in recent years, with an estimated 3.9 million additional families partaking in the sport in the United States by 2020. The popularity of recreational vehicles (RVs) and the RV lifestyle, in particular, has risen. Unfortunately, isolated places still have a tough time connecting to the internet, making it impossible to broadcast content. Rainy days and frigid nights are made more bearable by the presence of televisions. With an antenna, you may easily pick up local stations without any difficulty.
It’s no secret that the cost of cable television has risen dramatically in recent years. In the case of streaming services, the same may be stated. You can watch your favorite shows, movies, sports, and news programs without having to pay monthly membership costs if you have an antenna installed in your home.
Stronger Signals In Modern Antennas
Many contemporary TV antennas are equipped with signal boosters, which allow them to receive signals from TV stations hundreds of miles distant. In areas where the signal is strong, you have the option of turning the amplifier off completely.
What Are The Best TV Antennas You Can Get?
There are indoor antennas and outdoor antennas to choose from.
It might be difficult to determine which one is the greatest fit for you. The following are suggestions for four of the best television antennas currently available on the market.
Gesobyte Indoor Antenna
Because of the amplifier signal booster, theGesobyte Inside Antennahas a range of up to 200 miles, making it one of the most powerful indoor antennas available. The item comes with an 18-foot coaxial wire as well as a Smart IC USB Power Adapter, which is used to connect the machine to an electrical outlet.
U Must Have Indoor Antenna
TheU Must Have Indoor Antennaclaims to have a range of up to 250 miles when used in conjunction with a signal booster. A USB power adapter as well as an 18-foot coaxial wire are included in the packing. Without a signal booster, the antenna has a range of 180 miles and may be used to communicate across long distances.
GE Outdoor TV Antenna
TheGE Outdoor TV Antenna boasts a maximum range of up to 70 miles, according to the manufacturer. One appealing characteristic of this antenna is that, because to its size and durability, it can be installed in an attic, where it will be out of sight and out of mind. The cable is not included with the cabinet, however it may be purchased separately for a reasonable price if desired.
PBD Outdoor Antenna
The range of the PBD Outdoor Antennas is up to 150 miles at its maximum. Because of the snap-on parts, there is no need for any equipment. A 40-foot cord, a wireless remote control, and a power supply converter are all included in the box of accessories. With a height of 17.5 inches, the antenna is tiny enough to be installed in an attic.
With Samsung TVs that feature a F connection (coaxial cable) on the back or side of the TV, you may add antennas to the television. The antenna may be accessed in your TV’s menu by selecting Source on the remote and then navigating to TV after it is properly attached.
Samsung TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak
Instructions for configuring over-the-air channels for Samsung TVs from 2018 on page 4 of 19.
How to Set Up OTA Channels on 2018 Samsung TVs
If you’re looking for free TV shows, movies, sports, and news, there’s still nothing quite like the free channels that can be obtained with a television antenna. While there are a variety of sizes and shapes to choose from, all of the finest TV antennas connect to the television in the same way. Installing your antenna during the initial configuration of your television, or configuring over-the-air channels at a later time, is entirely up to you. Here’s how you go about it: 1. Select the Source option from the drop-down menu.
- Select “TV” as the source from the secondary drop-down selection.
- Connect your antenna to your computer.
- Choose the signal’s origination point (Air, Cable, or Both).
- Once you’ve begun scanning, the television will cycle through every conceivable channel and automatically recognize which ones are bringing in a signal and which ones aren’t bringing in a signal.
- Complete the configuration.
Samsung has also added more channels to its TV Plus package.
Having added your local channels, you can access all of your live television straight from the home screen by selecting the Live TV tile from the ribbon menu on the left-hand side.
All of your live-TV selections will be fed into the channel guide, which will allow you to see what is now airing and what is coming up next.
Please keep in mind that the program information may take some time to load. Brian Westover is an Editor at Tom’s Guide, where he writes on anything from televisions to the newest computer technology. His previous experience includes writing for TopTenReviews and PCMag, among other publications.
How To Get Local Channels On Samsung Smart Tv (Easy Tips)
If you’re looking for unfastened television shows, films, sports, and information, there isn’t anything quite as good as the unfastened channels that might be obtained utilizing an antenna in terms of selection. Despite the fact that there are a variety of options, both large and little, all of the best TV antennas connect to the television in the same way. You may either set up over-the-air channels at the same time that you are setting up your television, or you could set up over-the-air channels at a later time.
How can I get local channels on my Samsung Smart TV without cable?
1. Select the Source option from the drop-down menu. To begin, go to the home menu and select the source icon, which is located on the far left of the screen. Select television from the secondary option because it is the source of supply. 2.Connect your antenna to your computer. If you do not have an antenna connected, you will be presented with a screen that says “No signal.” Connect the antenna to the RF connection on the back of the television and select Channel scan from the menu options.
- Determine the source of the signal’s supply (Air, Cable, or each).
- 4.Begin scanning for available channels.
- 5.Complete the configuration.
- Separate channels are also added by Samsung underneath the television Plus channel.
- 6.Begin watching live television.
- To do so, click on the live television tile in the ribbon menu.
- 7.Make use of the channel navigator.
- Please keep in mind that the program information may take some time to load.
Do smart TVs have built in antennas?
Uploading free-to-air channels to a Samsung TV is simple. Because the virtual tuner is integrated in, Samsung intelligent TVs may acquire a virtual broadcast without the need for a hard and fast-pinnacle container. Remember that we are the most experienced users of antennas in Australia, thus we will not offer instructions on how to add channels through a cable company.
Will an Antenna Improve the Signal on a Smart TV?
With an antenna, you may increase the picture quality on your smart television. Even if you join your antenna, the only other aspect to keep in mind is the location of the antenna on your vehicle. If the sign is placed on the ground or is surrounded by barriers such as houses or buildings that are taller than the antenna, it may be unattractive and ineffective.
It is ideal for antennas to be installed on roofs or in other high-traffic locations where there are few impediments. The advantage of cable television, as opposed to over-the-air television, is that it is based on a strained link for signal transmission rather of a weak connection.
Does a Smart TV Need an Antenna for Local Channels?
For those who don’t have a cable television subscription, an antenna is a must-have for keeping up with your local stations. If your favorite local stations feature simultaneous on-line commercials, you may view them on the internet rather than using an antenna to receive signals, if this is the case.
Do you Need a Digital Antenna?
If you intend to watch unfastened-to-air channels, then sure, a digital antenna is required for this purpose. Because the globe is transitioning to a high definition broadcast, it is significantly more clear that virtual antennas are a must-have accessory. While that antique antenna from the 1980s and 1990s may still function, it will no longer yield optimal results. You should consider purchasing a digital antenna if you need to ensure the integrity of your television broadcast signal at all times.
Is Cable TV Better than Using an Antenna?
While watching commercials using an antenna is unrestricted, there are certain limitations, such as the location of the antenna and the number of accessible channels. Although cable television is not free, it provides better picture quality and access to a greater number of channels. To assess which option is preferable for you, think back to your regular TV viewing habits outside of the smart television platform. For example:
What channels will you be looking?
- Will you be able to pass for a normal person? If so, are those channels available through free-to-air broadcasts? Is it possible for you to have access to these applications through your smart television platform? You’re better off sticking to free-to-air channels and maybe investing in having a high-speed internet connection accessible if you won’t be viewing every day and the majority of the programs you watch are available online
- Otherwise, you’re better off with a cable subscription.
In this way, you may spend your money on superior services while still receiving adequate reception for the apps that are broadcast online. However, if you decide to subscribe to cable television, you should consider purchasing an antenna to serve as a backup link in the event that cable television services become unavailable due to a provider upgrade or maintenance.
How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart Tv (Full-Guide]
You spend money on superior services in this manner and receive adequate reception of the apps that are streamed over the internet in this manner. However, if you decide to subscribe to cable television, you should consider purchasing an antenna to serve as a backup connection in the event that cable television services become unavailable due to a provider upgrade.
How to watch local channels without having to pay for cable
Investing in a digital HDTV antenna is the most easy technique of obtaining your local television stations without the need for a cable box or satellite dish. Consider your options carefully before acquiring an outdated piece of “rabbit ears” hardware for the purpose of implementing this functionality. It is possible to purchase an antenna that can be mounted to an adjacent window, avoiding the need to climb onto the roof in order to install a radio antenna. The fact that homeowners who seek to put a more powerful antenna on the roof of their home in order to increase reception and range have a number of options should go without saying.
As a result, local television stations have been increasing the number of channels available to their translators, which has resulted in increased productivity.
Among those that fit into this category are networks that broadcast reruns of old television series, such as MeTV, CoziTV, Comet, Heroes, and Icons, among others.
4K over-the-air television channels are the wave of the future.
With these new antennas, you will not only be able to get your local broadcast channels in full 1080p HD resolution right away, but the best is yet to come. The new ATSC 3.0 broadcast television standard has already been adopted in a few places in the United States, although slowly and cautiously. Following completion of testing, the new digital antenna will be available for purchase. Once fully operational, the new antenna will be capable of receiving broadcast TV in full 4K definition, as well as audio compatibility with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X surround sound, depending on the model.
I don’t have cable, therefore how do I access local channels on my Samsung Smart TV without using it?
1.From the drop-down menu, select the Source option. To begin, navigate to the home menu and pick the source icon, which may be found on the far left of the screen on the far right of the screen. Because it is the source of supply, choose television from the second choice. 2.Connect your antenna to your computer using a USB cable. The screen that reads “No signal” will appear if you do not have an antenna connected to your computer. The antenna should be connected to the RF connector on the back of the television, and the Channel scan option should be selected from the menu selections.
- Identify the source of the signal’s power supply (Air, Cable, or each).
- 4.Start looking for available channels by scanning the area.
- The television will automatically cycle through all available channels and decide which ones are receiving a signal and which ones are not, depending on your settings.
- Once the scanning operation has been finished, you can shut the window and resume flicking through the channels once more to complete the process.
- Live channels that transmit over the internet allow you to view live television even if you do not have an antenna installed in your house.
- After you’ve added your local channels to the system, you may access the live television tile from the ribbon menu.
- Also feasible is the ability to pull up a guide of now playing programs, an editable channel list that enables you to choose which channels you watch, and a scheduling supervisor that will allow you to see what shows are coming up in the future.
All of your live television alternatives will be loaded into the channel guide, which will allow you to see what is now airing as well as what is scheduled to air in the upcoming months. Please bear in mind that it may take some time for the program details to fully load.
Do smart TVs come equipped with built-in antennas?
1: From the drop-down menu, select “Source” as the source. To begin, navigate to the home menu and pick the source icon, which may be found on the far left of the screen, from the drop-down menu. Because it is the source of supply, choose television from the second dropdown menu. Install a USB cable between your antenna and your computer and plug it in. The screen that reads “No signal” will appear if you do not have an antenna connected to your device. The antenna should be connected to the RF connector on the back of the television, and the channel scan option should be selected from the menu selections.
- Recognize and track down the source of the signal’s power (Air, Cable, or each).
- In the fourth step, begin scanning for channels that are currently available.
- 5.Finish the setting by entering the appropriate values.
- The television Plus channel has been supplemented by other channels from Samsung.
- Begin watching live television broadcasts as soon as they begin.
- Then, when you’ve added your local channels, you’ll be able to access all of your live television rights from your home display screen by selecting them from the ribbon menu.
- Utilize the channel navigator to your advantage.
- Note that the program details may take a while to load depending on your internet connection speed.
Will a Smart TV’s signal be improved by using an antenna?
1.From the drop-down menu, choose the Source option. Begin by selecting the source icon, which is placed on the far left of the screen, from the home menu. Because television is the source of supply, choose the second option. 2.Connect your antenna to your computer using a USB cable. The screen that reads “No signal” will appear if you do not have an antenna attached. The antenna should be connected to the RF connector on the back of the television, and the Channel scan option should be chosen from the menu selections.
- Identify the source of the signal’s power (Air, Cable, or each).
- 4.Begin searching for available channels on your network.
- The television will automatically cycle through all of them and decide which ones are receiving a signal and which ones are not, depending on your settings.
- The scanning operation is complete, and once the window has been closed, you may continue flipping through the channels once again.
- These are live channels that broadcast over the internet, allowing you to watch live television even if you do not have an antenna in your house.
- After you’ve added your local channels, you may access the live television tile from the ribbon menu.
- Also conceivable is the ability to bring up a guide of now playing shows, an editable channel list that enables you to choose the channels you watch, and a scheduling supervisor that will allow you to look forward to forthcoming ideas.
All of your live television alternatives will be loaded into the channel guide, which will allow you to see what is presently airing and what is scheduled to air in the future. Please bear in mind that it may take some time for the program details to load.
How to Configure Over-the-Air (OTA) Channels on Samsung TVs from 2018
The free channels that may be acquired using a television antenna are still the best option if you want to watch free television shows, movies, sports, and news. The best TV antennas are available in a range of sizes and forms, but all of the best TV antennas connect to your television in the same way. It is totally up to you whether you want to install your antenna during the initial configuration of your television or if you choose to configure over-the-air channels at a later time. How to go about it is as follows: 1.From the drop-down menu, select the Source option.
- From the secondary menu, choose television as the source for your video.
- Messages will be shown if you do not have an antenna connected to your computer.
- Choosing the information’s source is step three.
- If you’re watching television using an antenna, you may choose Air to look for free over-the-air television stations.
- Whenever you turn on your TV and press the scan button, the television will cycle through every possible channel and automatically determine which ones are bringing in a signal and which ones aren’t bringing in a signal.
- After you have completed the scanning operation, you can exit the software and continue to navigate through the channels.
- These are live television channels that broadcast over the internet, allowing you to view a variety of live television programs even if you do not have an antenna at your location.
- Begin watching live television broadcasts.
- Additional features include a program guide that lists current programming, a channel list that allows you to update channels as needed, and a schedule manager that allows you to see what shows are coming up next.
- Your live-TV selections will be fed into the channel guide, which will allow you to view what is now airing and what is scheduled to air in the near future.
Samsung Smart TVs (models from 2014 to 2017)
The free channels that may be acquired using a television antenna are still the best option for anyone seeking for free television programming, movies, sports, and news. The best TV antennas are available in a range of sizes and forms, but all of the best TV antennas connect to your television in the same manner. It is totally up to you whether you want to install your antenna during the initial configuration of your television or if you choose to configure over-the-air channels at a later date.
- In order to begin, navigate to the Home menu and pick the Source icon, which can be located on the far left of the screen.
- Install a USB cable between your antenna and your computer and plug it in.
- Signal was not received.
- Choosing the information source is step three.
- For those of you who have an antenna, you may select Air to look for free over-the-air television stations.
- Whenever you turn on your TV and press the scan button, the television will cycle through every possible channel and automatically determine which ones are coming in a signal and which ones aren’t bringing in a signal.
- After you have completed the scanning operation, you may exit the software and return to the channel changing screen.
- These are live television channels that broadcast over the internet, allowing you to view a variety of live television programs even if you do not have an antenna at your disposal.
- As soon as you’ve added your local channels, you’ll be able to view all of your live television right from the home screen by selecting the Live TV tile from the ribbon menu on the left-hand side.
- Utilize the channel navigator to your advantage.
Your live-TV selections will be loaded into the channel guide, which will allow you to view what is now airing and what is scheduled to air in the upcoming weeks. Note that it may take some time for the program details to be shown after you click “Submit.”
Samsung’s non-smart televisions (All models)
The bulk of devices made prior to 2014 are included in this category. These are all Samsung televisions that do not have an internet connection. Samsung manufactures a wide variety of non-smart television models, much too many for us to be able to offer model-specific instructions for each. Generally, the instructions provided here should work on the great majority of Samsung televisions; however, there may be minor differences depending on the model you are using. The “Menu” button on your remote control should be pressed first.
Choosing “Channel” from the drop-down menu is step two.
Using internet-based services, you can watch local TV channels
Subscribe to an internet-based live TV service if you do not want to deal with additional gear such as antennas or TV tuners to get your local television stations. This is the quickest and most convenient method of receiving your local television stations. Several of them provide live access to all or virtually all of the local television stations in your area, which is convenient. Most also provide cloud DVR, which allows you to record live television episodes and save them in your account. Your computer, mobile device, or smart TV will all be able to display them.
A good example of this is Hulu Plus Live TV, which costs $65 a month and includes 50 hours of cloud DVR storage space.
YouTube TV is also available in Spanish (the recordings do disappear after nine months).
Not every local channel, on the other hand, is available in every market.
Our Final Thoughts
Most local stations are now airing in high definition, which is a significant advancement in over-the-air (OTA) programming (HD). Your television is equipped with a tuner that can automatically scan for and program local channels that will display on your channel list, making things even better. Additionally, an antenna will assist your television in finding even more channels and improving the quality of the signal.
Frequently Ask Questions
In order to watch free-to-air channels, you will need to purchase a television antenna.
You can, however, subscribe to cable television or watch live streaming video. Listed below is a thorough list of the most effective methods of watching local channels without using an antenna:
- Install main network programs
- Subscribe to cable
- Watch videos online
- Etc. Subscribe to YouTube TV
- Watch videos on YouTube
How Can I Receive TV Signals Without a Cable or Antenna?
Subscriptions to live TV streaming services provide you with the same experience as a cable membership without the high cost of a cable subscription. YouTube TV, Hulu+Live TV, and SLING TV are among the services that may be subscribed to. A streaming device is something you should invest in. In order to watch local cable shows on your smart TV, you should look for an internet streaming device. It is possible that you may need to acquire an extra subscription in order to have access to your channels.
Make use of the Smart TV as a streaming device by doing the following: The fact that smart TVs are capable of connecting to your Wi-Fi network and including embedded software means that you can simply access virtually any streaming service or channel.
Is an Antenna Still Necessary with a Digital TV?
Yes, an antenna is still necessary to obtain a stronger signal while using a digital television. Aside from connecting your antenna, you need also consider where it will be installed and how it will be used. Unless the antenna is surrounded by barriers like as homes and buildings, or if it is situated on the ground, the signal will be too weak to serve you effectively. A rooftop antenna, for example, will provide the best service since it is elevated above the ground and in a region where there are minimal obstacles.
How to rescan for antenna channels on your Samsung TV
If you want to obtain a stronger signal on your Digital TV, you will still need an antenna. After you’ve connected your antenna, you’ll want to think about where you’ll put it. If the antenna is surrounded by obstacles like as homes or buildings, or if it is situated on the ground, the signal will be too weak to be useful. A rooftop antenna, for example, will provide the highest performance since it is elevated above the ground and in a region where there are minimal impediments to signal transmission.
Samsung Smart TVs – 2017 models and above. (Includes 4K, OLED, Q series, Quantom Dot TVs)
1. Press the “Home” button on your remote control. (The’menu’ button has the appearance of a little home.) 2. Select the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu. (It’s a little gear symbol towards the bottom of the menu on the far left side of the screen.) 3. Select “Broadcasting” from the Settings menu, followed by “Auto Tuning” to begin. The prompt “Press Start to search for and save channels” should appear, as well as a warning that the search will remove all of the channels from your existing channel list.
To begin, press “Start.” (Please keep in mind that the objective of the scan is not to delete your current list, but rather to replace it with an updated list.) If you choose to scan for “Both, Air and Cable,” you may be requested to do so.
You’ve completed your task!
Samsung Smart TV’s – 2014-2017 models
There are several similarities between these instructions and the ones before, with the most significant change being the use of a remote control. 1. Press the “Menu” button on your remote control.
(The word “Settings” appears on the remote control of the 2016 model.) 2. In the menu, select “Broadcasting” (2014 model TVs may have “Channel” as an option instead). 3. Select “Auto Program” from the drop-down menu. You’re finished as soon as the tweaking is completed!
Samsung non-smart TV’s (All models)
These are all Samsung televisions that do not have an internet connection, and they include the majority of devices manufactured prior to 2014. Samsung produces a large number of non-smart television types, much too many to provide exact model-specific instructions. The instructions provided here should work on the vast majority of Samsung televisions, however there may be small changes depending on the model. 1. On your remote control, press the “Menu” button. It will state “Menu” and have three boxes below it on many remote controls.
- Select “Channel” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Auto Program” or “Auto Tune” from the drop-down menu.
- Your television may prompt you to choose between “Air” and “Cable.” If this is the case, pick “Air.” This will inform your television that you are searching for antenna channels.
- Scripps Media, Inc.
- All intellectual property rights are retained.
How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart TV? 
If you are looking for information on how to access local channels on a Samsung Smart TV, you have come to the correct place. Please continue reading to find out everything you need to know about accessing local channels on a Samsung TV and how to do so correctly. Not much can go wrong, but there is the risk that your television will not be able to discover any stations for any reason. In that regard, we’ve prepared for you the proper approach to go about it, as well as a few troubleshooting techniques in case you run into any difficulties.
You may discover a variety of supported antennas on the internet that you can use, and we will go into more depth about them later in this piece.
In order to minimize issues and annoyance, we ask that you stay for the duration of the presentation.
How to Get Local Channels on Samsung Smart TV Easily?
For both smart and non-smart Samsung TVs, we’ve included instructions on how to obtain local channels on both models in the sections below. We’ll start with the non-smart Samsung TV guide to get you up to speed.
Local Channels on Samsung TV (Non-Smart)
The only method to receive local channels on your Samsung TV if it does not have the smart function, as we indicated in the beginning, is to connect it to an antenna or a cable system. Ensure that the antenna you intend to purchase is compatible with your Samsung television before making the purchase. The cost of indoor antennas varies based on the amenities included, but for local channels alone, you should expect to pay between $20 and $30 per antenna. The installation process is quite simple.
Then, to give electricity, just connect the adaptor into any available wall socket. Another option is to connect the power supply to the antenna’s transmitter, which is located on the antenna itself. Now that you’ve attached your antenna to your television, here’s how to search for stations on it:
- Start by going to your Samsung TV Settings and finding Broadcasting
- Then finding and pressing onAuto Tuning
- Then pressingStart Scanning.
If, on the other hand, you are utilizing a cable, all you have to do is connect it into the designated slot and scan for channels once again. Keep in mind that the process might take up to 15 minutes, but you will be able to see the channels that are actively being identified throughout that time.
Local Channels on Samsung TV (Smart)
In this article, you will discover how to properly connect your Samsung smart TV to local channels. As previously stated, there are a few programs that your Smart TV may access and download via its web browser. Without the use of an antenna or a cable, you will be able to get free high-quality local channels with these programs. Below is a list of the top three applications that you can get started with right away: It is critical that your Samsung smart TV is linked to the internet through Wi-Fi; otherwise, you will not be able to download the apps from the internet.
Consider exploring these applications right away to see which one is the most suitable for your requirements.
How to Get Local Air Channels on Samsung TV?
One other example of how to utilize theAuto Programfeature to search for air channels without a cable or an antenna is as follows: If you are not in close proximity to a city or a town, you should not expect this to function. This method will locate any accessible air channels, and if there aren’t any, nothing will appear in the list as a result of the discovery.
Step1: Select the Source of TV
Make sure that the “TV” option is selected as the television’s source. With the source button on your remote, you will be able to pick the TV source you want to watch. Another option is to press the Homebutton and then browse to the left until you reach the Source TV option.
Step2: Choose Auto Program
SelectSettings by using the buttons on your remote control. Then select Auto Program from the Broadcasting menu.
Step3: Select the Option
Following the selection of Start, you will be prompted to pick one of the three alternatives that will show (Air,Cable, orBoth). You may choose Air from this menu. If you have cable, make sure that it is properly inserted into the TV slot, and instead of selectingAir, selectBoth orBoth and Air. This manner, the Samsung TV will be able to locate all of the available channels that your television is capable of receiving.
Why Samsung TV Does Not Discover Local Channels?
If you are wondering how to set up local channels on your television and are experiencing difficulties, we will discuss some of the likely causes and how to address them as quickly as possible. There are a few things that may have gone wrong in this situation. In this regard, there are three easy and efficient strategies that you may use to handle your problem quickly and effectively.
Method1 Change the RF Cable Slot
There is a good likelihood that you have accidentally put your antenna or cable into the incorrect slot. Aim for two slots:ANT 1 IN (Air)andANT 2 IN (Water) in most cases (Cable). When utilizing an antenna or a cable, be sure that it is properly put into the appropriate slot. It is just a matter of unplugging the cable from the RF input that is now attached and plugging it into the other.
Now, scroll up to get a step-by-step tutorial to discovering new channels on your computer. Note: Make certain you choose the appropriate input device (Airfor antenna andCableif you are using one). We urge that you chooseBoth in order to prevent wasting time.
Method2 Restart Your TV
Despite the fact that it is extremely improbable, it is possible that your Samsung TV’s scan feature has been unresponsive. Many users have genuinely stated that they have been experiencing difficulties with the question “how to obtain local channels on Samsung TV?” till they restarted their televisions. Here’s how to restart your television quickly and easily:
- Use the Power Button on your remote to turn off the television. Disconnect the power line from the wall outlet. Wait for approximately 5 minutes
- Reconnect the power cord to your Samsung TV
- Turn the device on
The Power Button on your remote control should be used to turn off the television. Remove the power cord from the wall outlet; Wait for approximately 5 minutes before continuing. Reconnect the power cord to your Samsung TV. Activate it.
Method3 Factory Reset Your Samsung TV
The factory reset will very certainly tighten the circle enough to pinpoint the problem. However, you should be aware that any personal settings and customizations you have made will be destroyed permanently. Creating a backup is recommended so that you can simply recover your files when the reset is completed. Follow the procedures outlined below to restore your television to its factory default settings:
- Access Settings and choose General
- Then select Reset and input your PIN
- Then hit OK. To confirm, press OK, and your television will restart.
Note: By default, your Pin should be ” 0000 “, therefore if you haven’t already done so, enter four zeros into the box provided. After following the steps above and failing, go to Settings, choose Support, and then select Self Diagnosis to do a self-diagnosing procedure. Take a look around for theResetbutton, which should be somewhere in that menu, and then push it. The Samsung TV mobile application does not have the capability of resetting your Samsung TV to its factory default settings.
We hope that this post has solved your question about how to obtain local channels on a Samsung television set. You may now watch a number of various stations, which is a welcome addition. We have also established a method of bypassing the antenna/cable by utilizing web apps, which continues to be the most up-to-date method of receiving local channels in high definition. Continue reading:How do I order stations on Roku? A IT professional with extensive industry knowledge and expertise. His ability in resolving technological challenges is well regarded.
How do I connect my Samsung TV to antenna?
What You Need to Know About Setting Up Over-the-Air Channels on Your SamsungTV
- Navigate to the Source drop-down menu. To begin, go to the Homemenu and select the Source icon, which is located on the far left of the screen
- Then connect your antenna. A “No Signal” screen will appear if you do not have an antenna attached
- Otherwise, you will get a “No Signal” screen. Selectthesource
- Begin searching for available channels
- Finish the configuration. Start viewing live television
- Consult the channel directory.
The ” AntennaIn” port on the rear of your digitaltuner box should be connected to your antenna coaxial wire. Connect the “Out toTV” port on the digital tuner box to the “AntennaIn” port on the back of the television with a second coaxial wire. Set the television to Channel 3 or 4 according to the instructions on the back of your digital tuning device. Also, why is it that my antenna isn’t picking up any stations anymore? Causes that might be involved include: In most cases, you should be able to get at least some of your local channels once you have correctly mounted your antenna, adjusted the input on your television to ‘ANTENNA,’ and performed a channel scan.
- Also, do I need to connect my Smart TV to an aerial in order for it to function properly?
- Because it is a smart TV, it should be equipped with internet television services.
- As a result, you will not require an aerial unless you choose to view live television in your location.
- Local Channels Over the Air (Local Channels) (OTA) Local broadcast television networks are available over the air without the use of a television antenna, despite the fact that cable television does not want you to know this.
In reality, today’s antennaTV offers a superior visual quality to cable. Because television signals these days are digital, you’ll need a television that was manufactured after 2007 and equipped with a digital tuner.
Q9F QLED 4K TV
- Installing and configuring the TV
- Using the OneRemote
- Pairing the OneRemote
- Navigating through the Settings Menu
- Connecting an antenna cable and configuring the channels
- Connecting a Blu-ray player or game console
- Connecting a Soundbar Using an Optical Cable
- Connecting a Blu-ray Player or Game Console
- Setting the TV’s source to a certain channel
- Using the On-Screen Remote
- Connecting to a Wireless Network
- Connecting to a Hardwired Network Using a Bluetooth® Headphone to connect
- The Smart Hub® is launched manually
- The Smart Hub® is launched automatically
- The Smart Hub® connections are tested
- The Smart Hub® is reset
- And the Smart Hub® is created. Creating a Samsung Account
- Signing into a Samsung Account Changing the information on your Samsung account
- Managing Payment Information that has been saved on the television
- Removing a Samsung Account from the television
- Exiting Your Samsung Account
- Signing Out of Your Samsung Account
- Installing an application
- Using an application
- Removing an application off the television
- Apps for locking and unlocking
- Apps are being rearranged. Apps that are automatically updated
- Playing media content saved on a USB device
- Automatically launching the last used app
- Managing a mobile device
- Interacting with a device through voice interaction
- Picture Modes
- Adjusting the Color Tone
- Digital Clean View
- Changing the Picture Size
- RGB Only Mode
- Choosing the Right Lens
- Setting the Picture Mode Settings to their default values
- Auto Motion Plus
- Setting up the sound mode
- Configuring advanced sound settings and speakers
- Selecting speakers
- And resetting all sound settings
- Connection status
- Current time setting
- Off timer setting
- Sleep timer use
- Menu language selection
- PIN selection
- And other options are all available. lowering the energy consumption of the television
- The use of a screen protector
- Inspecting the television for malicious coding
- White text on a black background creates a strong visual contrast. Captions
- Enabling Voice Guides for the Visually Impaired
- Enabling Captions
- Increasing the font size Making a selection for the Caption Mode
- Restoring the TV to its factory settings
- Updating the television software
- Updating the television via a USB device
- And updating the television automatically Getting the E-manual up and running
- Obtaining Service Contact Information
- Submitting a Request for Support
How to connect an antenna to your Samsung TV
A good antenna connection is still the best option if you want to watch free television shows, movies, sports, and the news. Much better, your television is equipped with a tuner that can search for and automatically program local stations that will display on your channel list, making it even more convenient. Furthermore, the antenna will assist your television in finding even more channels and improving signal quality. In addition to tuning in the over-the-air channels during your first TV setup, you can tune in the over-the-air channels at any other time.
The instructions provided here are for the most common models, however they may not be applicable to all of them.
How to connect the antenna to your Samsung TV
You may use a regularRG6cable to connect the antenna to the television set (if the antenna input is a regular coaxial connection). A little adaptor will be required if the screwterminal is of the old-fashioned variety. These suggestions will assist you in connecting your antenna:
- Before you attach your antenna coaxial cable, you must locate the “Antenna In”socket located on the back of the digital tuner box and connect it there. Connect the “Out to TV”output on the digital tuner box to the “Antenna In”input on the back of the television with a second coaxial wire
- And Set the television to channel 3 or 4 according to the instructions on the back of the digital tuner box.
How to tune OTA channels on TVs through the antenna
- Locate and click on the “Source”icon on the far left-hand side of the main menu
- YourTV should be selected as the source in the secondarymenu
- If the antenna is not attached, you will get a screen that says “No Signal.” The antenna should be connected to the RFconnector located on the back of the television, and the “Channel Scan” option should be selected. Choose the signal source that you want to use (air, cable, or both). In the event that you are utilizing an antenna, pick “Air” to look for free over-the-air channels. You then press a button to begin scanning, and the television will cycle through all of the available channels, automatically determining which ones are broadcasting and which ones are not. You may then shut it and begin flipping between channels once the scanning procedure is complete.
Locate and click on the “Source”icon on the far left-hand side of the main menu. Select yourTV as the source in the secondarymenu; and The “No Signal” screen will appear if your antenna is not connected. The antenna should be connected to the RFconnector located on the back of the television, and the “Channel Scan” function should be selected. Signal source should be chosen (air, cable, or both). You can search for over-the-air channels if you are using an antenna; otherwise, select”Air.” You then press a button to start scanning, and the television will cycle through all of the available channels, automatically determining which ones are broadcasting and which ones are not.
How to get more channels with Samsung TV Plus
Even if you don’t have access to the channels that come with cable or an antenna, you can still watch free TV with Samsung TV Plus! This feature is provided free of charge for all new smart TVs and allows you to stream Samsung channels straight to your television over the Internet. To use this function, just click the “Home” button on the remote control and then pick Samsung TV Plus from the menu that appears. If you want to understand more about the service, we recommend that you read our Samsung TV Plusmanual in its entirety.
How to combine multiple TV antennas
It is necessary to utilize separate antennas since certain digital channels operate on different frequencies (UHF and VHF). Additionally, combining many antennas can be beneficial for enhancing “gain,” catching weak television signals, and decreasing or eliminating digital signal interference. Combining antennas does not need extensive understanding, and instructions on how to do so may be found here:
- An coaxial splitter (with one coaxial output for the antenna on one side and two ports on the other side) will be required to combine the signals from two antennas. As a next step, you’ll need to connect the outdoorVHF antenna to the indoorUHFantenna (for more information, check thiswebsite). Connect the two antennas to the splitter and connect a single port on the splitter to the “antenna”connector on your Samsung TV or digital converter box
- This will complete the installation. Following that, the procedure for attaching a split antenna is identical to that for connecting a normal antenna.
For this reason, you may connect two antennas to your Samsung TV in order to boost signal quality while also expanding your watching options.