- 1 Screen mirroring to your Samsung TV
- 2 How to cast on Samsung TV’s [all methods]
- 3 How to cast on Samsung TV using Chromecast
- 4 How to cast on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
- 5 Cast on Samsung TV using the Smart View App
- 6 Steps to cast on Samsung TV using Quick Connect
- 7 Cast on Samsung TV via AirPlay
- 8 Cast music on Samsung TV via Airplay
- 9 Samsung TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak
- 10 How to Set Up Screen Mirroring on 2018 Samsung TVs
- 11 3 Ways to Cast to Samsung TV – TV To Talk About
- 12 3 Ways to Cast to A Samsung TV
- 13 2.C ast to TV withSmart Things
- 14 3. Cast to TV withHDMI Adapter Cable
- 15 Question: How do I cast from Windows 10 to my Samsung TV?
- 16 How do I connect my PC to my Samsung Smart TV wirelessly?
- 17 How do I cast to my Samsung TV?
- 18 Why can’t I cast my computer to my Samsung TV?
- 19 How do I cast from Windows 10 laptop to my Samsung Smart TV?
- 20 Why isn’t my laptop connecting to my TV wirelessly?
- 21 How do I wirelessly connect my computer to my TV?
- 22 Why is Screen Mirroring not working on my Samsung TV?
- 23 How do I mirror my PC to my TV?
- 24 Does a Samsung smart TV have chromecast?
- 25 What happened to Samsung Smart View?
- 26 TV Cast
- 27 How To Cast From Samsung Phone to Samsung TV (Full-Guide)
- 28 Casting vs. screen mirroring: which is better?
- 29 What exactly is screen mirroring?
- 30 Casting Through Smart View
- 31 HDMI Adapter Cable for Casting to Television
- 32 Project the screen of your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer onto a television.
- 33 Our Final Thoughts
- 34 Frequently Ask Questions
- 35 What is the best way to cast to my Samsung TV?
- 36 What is causing my phone to not mirror to my television?
- 37 How to screen mirror from your iPhone to a Samsung TV in 2 different ways
- 38 How to turn on AirPlay on a Samsung TV
- 39 How to screen mirror an iPhone to a Samsung TV using AirPlay 2
- 40 How to screen mirror an iPhone to Samsung TV with an HDMI cord and Lightning Digital AV adapter
- 41 How to change AirPlay settings on your Samsung TV
- 42 Video & TV Cast
- 43 Ratings and Reviews
- 44 Information
- 45 Supports
Screen mirroring to your Samsung TV
Likewise, as technological advancements progress, so does the terminology connected with those advancements. We all use phrases like “screen mirroring” and “casting” on a regular basis today, and it may be quite confusing. What are all of these symbols implying? Simply put, both services allow you to stream films, photographs, and other material from your phone to your smart TV. That’s all you really need to know. But if you’re looking for a more in-depth definition, we’ve got it right here for you.
The solution is right there in the name: screen mirroring.
Whatever is now displayed on your phone will be displayed on the television, whether it is a video, a photo, or a Settings menu.
Smart View is the name given to the screen mirroring function on Samsung smartphones.
- The screen mirroring technology for iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it accomplishes the same exact thing as on other devices – it mirrors photos, movies, and other data.
- Whichever model you have, it’s a fantastic way to share films, images, and other media from your phone directly on the screen of your smart TV.
- Apple’s AirPlay interface is used.
- It is not immediately evident what the term “casting” means due to the fact that it can be used in a variety of contexts.
- Certain programs, such as Netflix or YouTube, allow you to cast films directly from your phone to a large screen display.
- When you cast a video or a movie, the video or movie will only display on the television.
- It’s an extremely easy method to watch a movie while also using your phone.
- Some televisions may require you to change inputs or enable screen mirroring before they will function properly.
- Specifics can be found in the owner’s handbook for your television.
Projection of photographs or movies from your phone, tablet, or computer onto your television may make a great impression. If you want, you may do the inverse and broadcast your TV directly to the screen of your phone or tablet!
- When you’re done, swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to bring up the Quick settings window. Then swipe to the right until you reach the Smart Viewicon and press it. Note: If the Smart View indicator does not visible after swiping left, try swiping right. If your device is still not visible, it is possible that it is not compatible with the panel or that it needs to be added to the panel. Select your television from the list of available devices, and then press the Start now button. In order to finish the connection, provide a PIN or authorize access when requested. The screen of your smartphone will now display on the television
- If your television allows you to stream the screen to your phone or tablet, you can do so if your television is capable of doing so. Return to the Smart View home page and choose Other device Phone, after which you may pick your television. To return to the previous screen, selectPhone Other device
When you’re through with Smart View, press theSmart Viewicon on your phone’s home screen, followed by the wordDisconnect. If you want assistance with altering the icons in the Quick settings panel, please see our instructions. Requirements Make sure your computer and television meet the necessary specifications before everyone can watch the program. You will require the following materials: A PC that is WiDi compatible: WiDi will be supported by the vast majority of modern PCs (since Windows 8).
If your PC does not support WiDi, you will need to utilize a separate USB adapter to connect to the network.
If this is not the case, an external adaptor can be used.
- Using your computer’s Start button, start typingBluetooth and other device settings and clicking on the result when it appears
- Clicking Add device or Add Bluetooth or other device when it arrives. Then select Wireless display or dock from the drop-down menu. Once your television’s name has been revealed, choose it by clicking on it. If you are prompted, click Allow on your television
- Your PC screen will now be shown on your television
Disconnect the gadgets from the computer. It’s time to unplug from your computer when you’ve done mirroring your screen.
- On your computer, select Start, then type Bluetooth and other device settings into the search box and click on it when it appears. If you’re running Windows 10, all you have to do is choose the linked device. You can disconnect a device from your computer if you’re running Windows 11. To do so, click More choices (the three vertical dots) next to the device you wish to disconnect. Remove the gadget by clicking on it and then selecting Yes.
You can also use the SmartThingsapp to mirror the display of your phone or tablet to a television set. To begin, ensure that your television is switched on and that it is connected to your SmartThings account.
- Open the SmartThingsapp on your phone or tablet and pick the TV that you want to mirror with your phone or tablet Choose Mirror screen (Smart View) from the TV’s settings page by selecting More choices (the three vertical dots) and then Mirror screen (Smart View). Start immediately by tappingStart, and if necessary, provide your TV permission to access your smartphone.
Please keep in mind that this functionality may not be accessible on the SmartThings PC edition. Please keep in mind that the Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy A, and Galaxy J series do not have HDMI output. If you are unable to connect your phone or tablet to a TV wirelessly, you may still screen mirror by connecting your device via a DeX cable or a USB-C to HDMI connection instead. Simply attach the wire to your television. It is possible that some models will automatically begin screen mirroring. To access the Notifications panel, you may need to slide down from the top of your device’s screen at other times of the day.
If you’re experiencing difficulties mirroring your phone or tablet, try the following suggestions:
- If your phone or tablet does not display properly, it may be because it requires permission from the television. Restart your device as well as your television, and then try to connect again. Make sure you selectAllow when the message appears on the television. You should also check for software upgrades on your devices if you haven’t already. To see if the problem remains, try doing a factory data reset on your phone or tablet. On a Samsung TV, you have the option of disabling the authorization for your smartphone to view your TV screen. Navigate to General and then External Device Manager from theSettings menu on your television. Access Notification may be found by going to Device Connect Manager and selecting it. When utilizing Smart View, turn this setting off to prevent the device from automatically connecting to it. You may also choose Device List from the Device Connect Manager page if you want to manage the devices that are connected to your television. Screen timeout settings should be changed if your computer’s screen continually shutting off. Search for and selectScreen timeout from theSettings menu. From there, you may tweak the settings to ensure that your phone or tablet remains powered for a longer period of time. The Smart View menu will appear if the Smart View symbol is tapped on your phone or tablet when it is minimized. When you connect a device to your computer, the Smart View Control menu is only visible on that device. If the device’s picture seems small on your screen, you may make it a little larger by altering the aspect ratio. On your phone or tablet, press theSmart Viewicon, then tapMore choices to see other options (the three vertical dots). To change the aspect ratio of your phone, go to Settings > Phone > Aspect ratio. You may then select your preferred aspect ratio from the drop-down menu. The 16:9 aspect ratio is the most visually appealing for most televisions.
How to cast on Samsung TV’s [all methods]
Samsung is a well-known brand in the television market, and it is one of the most widely used. The firm manufactures a wide range of televisions, including standard LCDs as well as smart TVs, among other things. People who wish to cast their phone, tablet, or desktop to their Samsung TVs have arrived at the correct web page, as seen below. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of casting any of your devices to your Samsung TV in a few simple steps. The Google Chromecast is the most convenient choice if you do not have a Samsung smart television.
Google has introduced three versions of Chromecast including Chromecast Ultra, which are capable of streaming videos in up to 4K resolution.
If your television has an HDMI connector, you can use Google Chromecast to stream content to it.
The techniques for casting your device to a Samsung TV vary depending on the brand of your TV and the type of device from which you wish to cast. To cast your device to your Samsung TV, follow the procedures outlined below.
How to cast on Samsung TV using Chromecast
If you don’t already have a Samsung smart TV, this is the most cost-effective alternative for you.
- Purchase a Google Chromecast, which is one of the best and most affordable streaming sticks available. It is necessary to connect the power adaptor to the GoogleChromecast before connecting the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your Samsung TV, as shown below. Nowadays, practically every television is equipped with an HDMI connector, which you may use to connect the Chromecast to your home network. Check to be that all of your devices (phone, tablet, and desktop) are linked to the same WiFi network before proceeding. Now Download the most recent version of the Google Home App from the Play Store or the iOS APP Store. After that, change your TV’s source to HDMI from the settings. Starting with your respective device, launch the Google Home App. The app will then begin searching for a nearby Chromecast device on its own. When the Chromecast has been located, choose it and then click proceed. You will now see a code on your television and mobile device. It is necessary to check whether both codes are same before clicking on “That’s my code” on the Chromecast App. After that, the Google Chromecast is ready to begin casting content. If you are using a Chromecast-compatible app, you will need to touch on the cast button in order to watch the content on your television. Enjoy
How to cast on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
Samsung TVs made from 2016 onwards are the most suitable models for connecting Android and iOS devices via the SmartThings App, according to Samsung. To cast your device to your Samsung TV, simply follow the simple instructions shown below.
- In order for your Samsung TV and your device to operate together, both must be connected to the same WiFi network. The SmartThings app is available on both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store
- You can download and install it on your device from either location. Open the SmartThings app and select “Add Device” from the drop-down menu. To begin casting your device to your TV, choose it from the list of all possible devices on which you may cast
- It is possible that you may see a PIN on your TV screen and will need to enter that PIN in your app. By selecting Smart View, you will be able to cast content from your mobile to your Samsung TV.
Cast on Samsung TV using the Smart View App
- Obtain and install the Samsung Smart View App from either the Google Play Store or the App Store
- Check to be that your device (phone, tablet, or desktop) and your Samsung TV are both connected to the same WiFi network before proceeding. When you open the Samsung Smart View app, you will be presented with a list of all the devices to which you may cast
- Choose your television from the drop-down menu. Then you could be prompted to approve connection or enter a PIN number
- This is normal. Select the material that you want to see on your television screen now.
Also see: How to cast on Sony televisions.
Steps to cast on Samsung TV using Quick Connect
When using an Android phone running Marshmallow or below, Quick Connect is the screencasting tool that you may use.
- Ascertain that your Android phone and television are connected to the same WiFi network. When you first turn on your phone, pull down the notification bar and press on the Quick connect button to search for nearby devices and scan for them. If you choose Quick Connect, make sure you choose Enable Quick Connect from the drop-down menu. You will now see the button that says “scan for nearby devices.” Select your television from the list of available devices by pressing the button. Your gadget has now been successfully linked to your Samsung television. Content from your device may be shown on the television
Check out this article on how to reset Google Chromecast 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation.
Cast on Samsung TV via AirPlay
In the event that you own an Apple device, AirPlay is the most convenient method of casting content to a Samsung TV.
- Open the Photos App on your Apple smartphone and have a look around. The photo or movie you wish to project on your Samsung TV should be selected first. Now, in the bottom left of the screen, click on the share symbol to share your work. By pressing the Airplay button, all of the devices that are now available will be displayed on the screen of your device. Choose the television set to which you wish to broadcast your material
- In this case, there may be a code displayed on the television, which you must type into your Apple device.
Start by launching the Photos App on your Apple smartphone. The photo or movie you wish to project onto your Samsung TV should be selected first. Then, in the bottom left of the screen, click on the share symbol. Then, by tapping on Airplay, all of the devices that are now available will be seen on the screen of your mobile. Identify the television set to which you wish to broadcast your programming; In this case, there may be a code displayed on the television, which you must type into your Apple device;
Cast music on Samsung TV via Airplay
- Go to your Apple device’s music player and start listening. Choose a song or any other audio file that you wish to play on your television
- Now, to begin casting, touch on the Airplay button and choose your television from the list. Once again, a code may be displayed on the television, and you must type it into your Apple device.
On your Apple device, launch the music player. Choose a song or any other audio file that you wish to project onto your television; and To begin casting, pick your TV from the Airplay menu by tapping on it. If a code is displayed on the television, you will need to enter it into your Apple device once more:
Samsung TV Settings Guide: What to Enable, Disable and Tweak
Page 14 of 19: How to Configure Screen Mirroring on Samsung TVs from 2018.
How to Set Up Screen Mirroring on 2018 Samsung TVs
It has never been easier to transfer material between your mobile device and your smart TV, and you can share everything from videos and photographs to games and applications with just one click. The Samsung SmartThings app is required in order to cast and share your screen with a Samsung TV (available forAndroidandiOSdevices). 1. Install the SmartThings application. If you don’t already have the SmartThings app on your phone or tablet, go ahead and download and install it now. The first time you launch the app, it will automatically look for other Samsung devices; thus, search for and pick your TV from the list of available devices when you open the application.
- Select Screen Sharing from the drop-down menu.
- Upon launching the app on your smartphone or tablet once it has been downloaded and installed, you will be prompted to connect to the same network as the TV.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list and enable sharing.
- When you turn on the television, you will be asked if you want to share your screen.
- The Smart View feature in the app may be activated after your TV is linked to your phone, allowing you to begin mirroring content between the phone and the TV.
- You will also be able to use your phone or tablet as a remote control for your television, with all of the same functions available through the touch screen as you would with the traditional remote.
Brian Westover is an Editor at Tom’s Guide, where he writes on anything from televisions to the newest computer technology. His previous experience includes writing for TopTenReviews and PCMag, among other publications.
3 Ways to Cast to Samsung TV – TV To Talk About
Do you want to know how to cast to your Samsung TV? Communication between electronic gadgets has become the norm as the world becomes more technologically advanced. Thus, your Android phone will be able to connect with your smart TV in one manner or another. In other words, you may easily access the information of your phone or laptop on your system in a variety of ways using various programs. However, in this post, we will only be looking at three of them, with a particular emphasis on Samsung televisions.
- That might be one of the things you do while taking advantage of the smart TV function on your television.
- Some people believe they are referring to the same item, however this is not the case.
- Screen mirroring is the process of projecting what is currently displayed on your phone’s screen onto a larger screen, such as a smart TV.
- If you browse to a different app on your phone at the same time, that activity will be displayed on the other screen as well.
- For example, you may use Netflix or YouTube to cast films from your phone to a large screen without having to use a computer.
- Only the video or movie will be displayed on the screen, and the majority of the control will be handled by your phone.
3 Ways to Cast to A Samsung TV
This option allows you to link your Samsung TV and phone via a wireless connection. Photos, films, presentations, and games are displayed on a huge screen to make them appear larger and more vibrant. If you are using a Samsung Galaxy mobile, for example, the screen mirroring feature is called Smart View. Simply pressing the Smart View icon and following the on-screen instructions will allow you to mirror your screen in seconds. The screen mirroring functionality for iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it serves the same purpose as the feature on iPads.
It is important to note that the screens and options available may differ based on the wireless provider, software version, and device model.
To accomplish this, follow these steps.
- Establish a connection between your device, PC, and television using the same Wi-Fi network. After sliding down the Quick Panel on your phone, select Smart View from the menu. After you’ve seen all of the available devices, select your television.
2.C ast to TV withSmart Things
This is Samsung’s smart home hub, which is designed to allow users to operate their smart home gadgets. It is available for download on both Android and iOS mobile devices. A majority of Samsung televisions built after 2016 are automatically detected and connected by the hub.
However, if your television was manufactured prior to this, the Smart View app will be the most appropriate choice for you. Samsung is the source of this information. The following are the procedures to be followed:
- Establish a connection between your Samsung smart TV and your device using the same Wi-Fi network. Install the SmartThings app on your smartphone (the software comes pre-installed on the majority of Samsung devices)
- Select Add Device from the drop-down menu.
3. Cast to TV withHDMI Adapter Cable
The usage of this method was once the standard method of connecting to displays before the introduction of Smart Apps. HDMI adaptors are mostly employed in this situation for people who are experiencing trouble connecting wirelessly. It should be noted that Samsung HDMI adaptors are available for purchase separately and provide support for devices that use USB-C connectors.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter and turn it on. Make sure the opposite end of the HDMI cable is connected to an HDMI port on your television. In order to use the HDMI adaptor, you must connect it to the USB port on your device. Turn on your television and choose the HDMI port that you are currently using as the input source.
With the help of this instruction, you should be able to fully utilize your Samsung devices now that they have been properly connected with your television set. As a result, you will receive excellent value for your money as well as a first-rate experience, whether you are beaming photographs or watching movies.
Question: How do I cast from Windows 10 to my Samsung TV?
With the help of this instruction, you should be able to fully utilize your Samsung devices now that they have been connected with your TV. Thus, you will get the most for your money while also enjoying a high-quality experience, whether you are beaming images or watching movies.
- Select “Devices” from the Windows Settings menu to access this feature. .
- Select “Add Bluetooth or other device” from the drop-down menu. .
- Select “Wireless display or dock” from the drop-down menu. …
- Check to see that “Network discovery” and “File and printer sharing” are both on. …
- Click “Cast to Device” and select your device from the drop-down menu that appears.
How do I connect my PC to my Samsung Smart TV wirelessly?
To display the screen of your computer on your television, hit the Home button on your TV remote. Navigate to and pick Source, then select PC on TV, and then select Screen Sharing from the drop-down menu. Then follow the on-screen directions to make any adjustments you like and wirelessly connect the TV to a computer.
How do I cast to my Samsung TV?
The Samsung SmartThings app is required in order to cast and share your screen with a Samsung TV (available for Android and iOS devices).
- Install the SmartThings application. .
- Select Screen Sharing from the drop-down menu. .
- Make sure your phone and television are on the same network. .
- Connect your Samsung TV and turn on sharing. …
- To share material, choose Smart View from the drop-down menu. …
- Make use of your smartphone as a remote
Why can’t I cast my computer to my Samsung TV?
This problem can be caused by a variety of factors, including out-of-date drivers and problems with your Stream Permissions. As a result, your laptop will not be able to connect wirelessly to the TV, whether it is a Samsung or not. Continue reading if you are experiencing problems with screen mirroring from Windows 10 to a Samsung Smart TV.
How do I cast from Windows 10 laptop to my Samsung Smart TV?
Various factors might contribute to this problem, ranging from out-of-date drivers to problems with your Stream Permission settings. Consequently, whether the TV is a Samsung model or not, your laptop will not be able to connect to it wirelessly. If your screen mirroring from Windows 10 to a Samsung Smart TV is not working, continue reading. a Samsung Smart TV
- On your computer, go to Start, then Settings, and finally Devices. In the Bluetooth and other devices drop-down menu, select Add Bluetooth or other device, followed by Wireless display or dock. Once your television’s name has been revealed, choose it by clicking on it. …
- When the connection has been established, click Done on your computer.
Why isn’t my laptop connecting to my TV wirelessly?
Check to see if the display is compatible with Miracast and that it is switched on. If your wireless display does not support Miracast, you’ll need to purchase a Miracast adaptor (also known as a dongle) that connects into an HDMI port. Check to see that your device drivers are up to date and that the most recent firmware for your wireless display, adapter, or dock has been loaded.
How do I wirelessly connect my computer to my TV?
First and foremost, make certain that the TV’s Wi-Fi network is operational and that it is discoverable by all of your surrounding devices.
- Now, start your computer and hit the ‘Win + I’ keys to bring up the Windows Settings program. …
- Select ‘DevicesBluetoothother devices’ from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Add a device or other device’ from the drop-down menu. Select the ‘Wireless display or dock’ option from the drop-down menu.
Why is Screen Mirroring not working on my Samsung TV?
The iPhone screen mirroring or AirPlay functionality is not working on the Samsung TV. Make sure that both your iOS smartphone and your Samsung TV are linked to the same internet connection before you begin using them together.
Check for the most recent update on both devices. … Restart your iPhone and Samsung TV to see whether they work. Take a look at your AirPlay preferences and restrictions.
How do I mirror my PC to my TV?
On the laptop, hit the Windows button and then type in ‘Settings’ as the first word. Then navigate to ‘Connected devices’ and select the ‘Add device’ option at the top of the screen. All of the devices that you can mirror to will be listed in the drop-down menu. Select your television and the laptop screen will begin to be mirrored to the television.
Does a Samsung smart TV have chromecast?
Chromecast is pre-installed on a large number of Samsung smart televisions. If you have a regular model, on the other hand, you will first need to connect your Chromecast to a power source as well as your television’s HDMI port. Then, download the Google Home application and follow the on-screen instructions.
What happened to Samsung Smart View?
Smart View has been withdrawn from app stores by Samsung. To manage their smart TV, users will now need to download and install the SmartThings app on their smartphone or tablet. Smart View, an app that allowed users to use their smartphones as remotes for Samsung televisions, was discontinued on October 5, 2020 by the company.
You may use the world’s most popular web video streamer to view web videos, online movies, livestreams, and live television shows straight on your largest screen by upgrading your Samsung Smart TV and Blu-ray Player. There is no need for an extra streaming box. Supported file types include MP4, M3U8, HLS livestreams, video over, and of course Full HD video. All Samsung Smart TV models from 2010 (C series) to 2017 (new M/MU/Q series) as well as Blu-ray Players with Smart Hub or VEWD are compatible with this application (formerly Opera TV) *** With VideoTV Cast, you can surf the web and stream or cast the World Cup or any other video you choose to your Samsung TV and Blu-ray Player from any location.
- The video that has been detected will be shown underneath the browser.
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT NOTES: * Please enter the Samsung App Store on your TV or Blu-ray Player, navigate to the videos category, and install the free ‘TV Cast’ companion app to enable video casting.
- Please make use of the free edition to test your websites and videos!
- Unlike other video streaming apps, this one does not mirror your entire Android device; rather, it simply pushes the video portion of a website to your Samsung TV or Blu-ray Player.
- * When using an Android smartphone, it may be essential to play the video first before the link is identified and cast can be accomplished.
- For web videos, online movies, livestreams, and live television shows that do not cast, please see our FAQ or submit the URL of the website and video link to [email protected] using the report option in the app (if available).
- We will not be able to assist you if you leave unfavorable Play Store reviews without providing us with any information about your problem.
We do not have access to your identifying data, accounts, device id, phone status, GPS position, or contacts, unlike some other services.
* Refunds are only available within 24 hours after the transaction.
GUIDELINES FOR GETTING STARTED QUICKLY The free receiver app ‘TV Cast’ may be accessed via the Samsung Smart Hub or the VEWD (formerly Opera TV).
To connect to your Android smartphone, launch VideoTV Cast and touch on the connect button to obtain your IP address.
4) Begin casting by hitting “tap here to cast” on your keyboard.
We will assist you as soon as we are able.
Thanks for your support. If you enjoy the app, please consider giving it a 5-star rating on Google Play or purchasing one of the extensions. Thank you so much for your help and encouragement! Disclaimer: This application is in no way associated with Samsung or any other brand mentioned on this page.
How To Cast From Samsung Phone to Samsung TV (Full-Guide)
Even if the photograph you took is excellent, do you know what will elevate it to even greater heights? You know what would make it even more incredible, don’t you? It will be broadcasted on a giant television screen. Connecting your compatible Samsung device to your Samsung Smart TV through wireless connection is made possible through the use of Samsung Smart View. Photos, videos, presentations, and video games should all be projected onto a huge screen in order to look larger and more detailed to the viewer.
Smart View isn’t accessible on every device, so make sure to verify before purchasing.
Casting a Video from a Samsung Phone to a Samsung TV?
- Installing the SmartThings application is simple. You may start Screen Sharing by hitting the “Share Screen” button on your keyboard. Examine to see if your phone and television are both connected to the same network. Add your Samsung TV and make it available to others
- Select Smart View from the drop-down menu if you want to distribute material. Make use of your smartphone as a remote control
How to Cast a Video from a Samsung Phone to a Samsung Television
Casting vs. screen mirroring: which is better?
Additionally, when technical breakthroughs grow, so does the vocabulary associated with such advancements, and vice versa. Term like “screen mirroring” and “casting” are increasingly commonly used, and they can be quite baffling to newcomers to the tech world. What do all of these symbols represent, and what do they mean? The short version of this is that both services allow you to stream videos, photos, and other media from a smartphone to your smart TV. That’s all there is to it in terms of information.
Which is preferable, screen casting or screen mirroring?
What exactly is screen mirroring?
The solution is right there in the name: screen mirroring is exactly what it sounds like. This function enables you to mirror what is currently displayed on the screen of your phone to a bigger screen, such as a smart TV, for viewing purposes. The television will display whatever is currently displayed on your phone, whether it is a video, a photograph, or a Settings menu. While performing an action on your phone (for example, switching to a different app), it is conceivable that the action may be displayed on the other screen as well.
Smart View allows you to easily mirror your screen by just touching on the Smart View button and then following a few easy steps that are offered.
Utilizing AirPlay on a mobile device is comparable to, but significantly different from, using Smart View on a smartphone.
The Smart View Interface on the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus
What exactly is casting?
Due to the fact that the phrase “casting” may be used in a number of settings, it is not immediately clear what it refers to. Casting, on the other hand, refers to the real-time transmission of sound and images via the internet via phones and televisions, as opposed to broadcasting. You may cast videos directly from your phone to a large screen display using certain apps, such as Netflix or YouTube, depending on your device. If you do not have access to a smart TV, you may stream films using third-party casting devices such as Google Chromecast or Amazon Firestick, among others.
The movie is controlled by your phone, but you may also shut the app and do other things while the video is still playing as long as the phone is still linked to the computer or other device that is playing the video.
The ability to watch a movie while simultaneously using your phone is quite useful. What exactly is casting, and how does it work?
Casting Through Smart View
Using Wi-Fi to reflect a smartphone to a television is the most fundamental strategy when it comes to smartphone to television mirroring. To mirror with Smart View, perform the steps given in the following section. 1st step: Swipe down from the top screen to show the Quick panel, then press on the Smart View icon to turn on the function. Choosing your television from the list of available devices is the second step (depending on the TV, you may need to enter a PIN). Using the drop-down menu that appears on the pop-up window that says ‘Start casting with Smart View?’, pick Start immediately from the list of available options.
- Changing the aspect ratio of the reflecting image might be useful if the image appears to be too tiny on the screen.
- Step 2:Go to the Settings menu and select the Phone aspect ratio option.
- SmartView may be customized.
- This is a very useful function if you often switch between devices.
- It is important to note that both the mobile phone and the television must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Determine if Smart View is authorized on the television by going toSettingsGeneralExternalDeviceManagerDeviceConnect ManagerAccess Notification and checking the box.
With the Samsung SmartThings App, you can mirror your screen
Before you begin, double-check that your smartphone and television are both connected to the same WiFi network, and that your television is both switched on and connected to your SmartThings account. To begin, launch the SmartThings application on your Samsung smartphone and input your password. 2. From the Dashboard, select the television you want to watch. 3. By clicking More Options (three dots) in the upper-right corner of the screen, you will be taken to a new screen. 4. From the drop-down option, choose Mirror Screen as the display mode (Smart View).
The contents of your phone will be shown on the screen of your television system.
Send content to your Samsung TV using Casting.
It is also possible to utilize screencasting to display the contents of your Samsung phone on your Samsung TV if you have a Chromecast device and the Google Home app installed on your phone. This may be accomplished by following the steps below: 1.Connect the Chromecast device to the television and turn it on to begin streaming content. 2. Make sure that the HDMI input on the television is set to its default configuration. 3. From the Google Home app, choose AddSet up Device, and then follow the on-screen steps to configure your Chromecast.
- After you have selected and launched a Chromecast-compatible app on your phone, the Cast button will appear.
- Take enjoyment in the programming that has been presented on your television.
- While it is possible to mirror the contents of your phone to your Samsung TV even if you have an older Samsung device that isn’t compatible with SmartThings or Smart View, it is not recommended.
- The NetworkScreen Mirroring feature may be accessed by pressing the Menu button on the remote control and selecting NetworkScreen Mirroring.
- From the drop-down menu, select Screen Mirroring as the option (on some devices, select Quick Connect).
- Your device searches for and connects to any other devices that are accessible to connect to.
The vast majority of the applications and programs on your Samsung smartphone will be available for use as soon as the connection is established, and the apps will reflect the content on your Samsung Smart TV as you use them.
HDMI Adapter Cable for Casting to Television
Before the advent of Smart Apps, this technique of connecting to displays was the de facto standard method of connecting to displays. H DMI adaptors are typically used in this case for those who are having problems connecting wirelessly, according to the manufacturer. The fact that Samsung HDMI adapters are available for purchase separately and enable support for devices that employ USB-C ports should not be overlooked.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter and then switch on the computer to complete the connection. One end of the HDMI cable should be attached to an HDMI port on your television, and the other end should be disconnected. Connect the HDMI adaptor to the USB port on your device by using the USB cable that came with the adaptor. Select the HDMI port that you are presently using as the input source on your television by turning it on and selecting it. With the assistance of this guide, you should be able to make full use of your Samsung gadgets now that they have been correctly linked to your television set. As a consequence, whether you are beaming photographs or watching movies, you will obtain fantastic value for your money as well as a first-class experience.
Project the screen of your Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer onto a television.
Requirements Before anyone may watch the program, check to be that their computer and television fulfill the required parameters for viewing. You will need the following supplies to complete your project: A PC that is WiDi-compatible includes the following components: WiDi compatibility will be included into the majority of contemporary PCs (since Windows 8). It has been found that the most efficient means of checking whether or not your PC is compatible is to attempt to mirror your screen. Even if your PC does not support WiDi, you may still connect to the network using a separate USB adapter if necessary.
- It is possible to utilize an external adapter if this is not the case.
- Then, from the drop-down box, choose Wireless display or dock as your option.
- When your television’s name appears on the screen, pick it by clicking on the name.
- Disconnect all of your devices from your PC.
- When you’re finished mirroring your screen, it’s important to disconnect your computer from the wall.
- Using Windows 10, you may simply choose the connected device from a list of available alternatives.
Our Final Thoughts
When it comes to screen mirroring from an Android device to a Samsung TV, all of these solutions are legitimate and dependable options to consider. They make a huge contribution to having a pleasant screen mirroring experience. When it comes to tools that can do more than simply mirror, ApowerMirror is one of the most powerful solutions available right now on the market.
Frequently Ask Questions
Before you start, double-check that your Samsung TV and your device are both connected to the same WiFi network on your network. SmartThings may be downloaded and installed on your device through the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on your device.
To add a device to the SmartThings app, open it and pick it from the drop-down menu. If you choose Smart View, you will be able to cast material from your mobile device to your Samsung television.
What is the best way to cast to my Samsung TV?
As soon as you launch the Samsung Smart View app, you will be presented with a list of all the devices to which you may cast your video. From the drop-down menu, select the television you want to watch. After that, you may be requested to confirm connectivity or enter a PIN number, among other things, depending on your configuration. Choose the type of material that you would want to see shown on television.
What is causing my phone to not mirror to my television?
Check to make sure that all of your AirPlay-compatible devices are turned on and in close proximity to one another before proceeding any further. Ensure all of the devices are running the most recent software and are connected to the same Wi-Fi network by doing a check like this. Check to see that all of the devices that you wish to utilize with AirPlay or screen mirroring are operational before proceeding.
How to screen mirror from your iPhone to a Samsung TV in 2 different ways
- You can screen mirror, also known as AirPlay, content from your iPhone to your Samsung television. The majority of Samsung television models manufactured in 2018 or after are compatible with the most recent version of AirPlay, known as AirPlay 2. In the event that your Samsung TV isn’t AirPlay 2-compatible, or if you prefer a wired connection, you may still mirror your screen by connecting a lightning-to-HDMI converter to your computer. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
A frequent feature of most modern technology is screen mirroring, which enables you to project material from the screen of one device to the screen of another device using a single cable. When it comes to Apple devices, screen mirroring is referred to as AirPlay, which is an abbreviation for Apple Devices. Despite the fact that AirPlay is an Apple feature, after the release of AirPlay 2 in 2018, it has been significantly easier to link devices from different manufacturers and operating systems.
In order to use AirPlay on your iPhone, you must first access it through the Control Center.
Alternatively, you may connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV using an HDMI connection to get the same result as described before.
How to turn on AirPlay on a Samsung TV
Before you can utilize screen mirroring or AirPlay on your Samsung TV, you must first ensure that the capability has been activated on the device. Select “General” from the “Settings” menu on your television remote control. 2.From the drop-down menu, select “Apple AirPlay Settings.” 3.Select “AirPlay” and toggle it to the “On” position.
How to screen mirror an iPhone to a Samsung TV using AirPlay 2
1.To access the Control Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone’s screen. The Control Center may be reached by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on earlier iPhone models that do not have a physical home button. 2) Select “Screen Mirroring” from the drop-down menu next to the symbol of two overlapping rectangles. Open the Control Center and select “Screen Mirroring” from the drop-down menu. Melanie Weir/Insider3 is a photographer. Choose your Samsung TV from the list of accessible devices on your computer.
Melanie Weir/Insider4 is a photographer.
5.The complete screen of your iPhone should then begin to reflect onto your Samsung television. It is expected that when you play a video on your iPhone, your television would automatically format it to full screen.
How to AirPlay content from within apps
If you don’t want to mirror your phone’s complete screen to your TV, several large video providers, such as Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and Hulu, have an AirPlay button built right into their apps, which you may use instead. Unfortunately, Netflix no longer provides the in-app AirPlay feature as a standard feature. Some built-in iPhone apps, such as the Photos app, include an AirPlay feature, which may be found under the “Share” menu. When you’ve confirmed that your phone and television are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network, launch the app and pick the material you wish to play.
You can AirPlay from the Photos app if you press the “Share” button, then pick “AirPlay” from the drop-down menu.
Melanie Weir/Insider3 is a photographer.
4.If a passcode is displayed on your Samsung TV, input it into the pop-up window on your iPhone or iPad.
How to screen mirror an iPhone to Samsung TV with an HDMI cord and Lightning Digital AV adapter
In the event that you choose to use a wired connection, or if your devices aren’t AirPlay-compatible, you may link them together using an HDMI cable and a Lightning-to-HDMI converter. AN Lightning-to-HDMI converter is a little dongle that links your iPhone to an HDMI cable, which in turn connects your iPhone to your television. Buying the converter on Amazon will cost you roughly $40, and if you don’t already have an HDMI cable, you’ll also need to purchase one. 1. Attach the Lightning end of the cable to the Lightning port on your iPhone.
Make a connection between your iPad or iPhone and the adapter that is inserted into the Lightning port of your iPad or iPhone using the HDMI cable.
3.Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Samsung television set.
Begin playing the material on your phone so that it may be seen on your television.
How to change AirPlay settings on your Samsung TV
Select “General” from the “Settings” menu on your television remote control. 2.From the drop-down menu, select “Apple AirPlay Settings.” 3.From here, select one or more of the following choices to make the necessary modifications:
- Activating AirPlay on your television: This allows you to activate the AirPlay function on your television, which only has to be done the first time you use AirPlay. You may also turn off AirPlay if you like. It is possible to adjust the size, font, and color of the subtitles in this setting, as well as whether or not subtitles are displayed for your selected media. Regarding AirPlay: You may use this menu to check that you’re running the most recent version of AirPlay or to find out more about the program you’re currently using. Code that is required: Any device connected to your Wi-Fi network that is compatible with AirPlay can connect and mirror to your television when you first start using it. Alternatively, if you wish to prohibit this from happening for whatever reason, you may use this setting to generate a password that users must input before they can project anything onto your television
Melanie Weir is a free-lance writer. Melanie Weir is a freelance writer for Insider, primarily contributing to the Tech Reference section, but also occasionally writing about lifestyle and entertainment subjects. She lives in New York City. Besides that, she works as a freelance writer for ScreenRant and as the Lead Weekend News Editor at TheThings.com, among other places.
She spends her leisure time writing plays for both the theater and the cinema. Melanie Weir may be reached at [email protected] or through her professional network, LinkedIn.
Video & TV Cast
On your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Player, you may watch any web video, online movie, livestream, or live television broadcast. With the world’s most popular web video streamer, you can watch the program on your large screen. Utilizing Samsung Smart TV’s VideoTV Cast feature you may surf the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream, or live television show that you choose on your Samsung Smart TV. The following file types are supported: mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, as well as video-over-IP.
- You may view films for as little as 2 minutes or as long as 2 hours or even longer.
- The link that was detected will be shown underneath the browser.
- There is no requirement to install a large media server such as Plex or any other third-party software.
- Please input the IP address of your iPhone or iPad on your Samsung TV Remote by using the number pad and the up/down/left/right keys on the remote.
- HBO and other DRM protected films such as iTunes movies, Flash video, and other formats are no longer supported!
- * While surfing, please make use of the Remote Playbar to control the video (see more info below) * There is no screen or tab mirroring available because the software just broadcasts the video portion of a website, not the entire website content.
- It may sometimes be necessary to repeat the casting process several times until it is successful with certain videos.
Alternatively, if this does not resolve your issue, please contact us through email before writing a bad review on the App Store.
FEATURES OF THE UPGRADE (available as in-app purchases) * Premium Edition: This edition includes access to all of the features listed above.
* Remote Playbar: While surfing, you may utilize the Playbar to perform advanced video control functions such as video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, and stop.
For basic video control (play, pause, stop, advance and rewind videos), you may also use the supplied TV Remote.
The TV Remote is presently compatible with televisions manufactured between 2010 and 2013.
Compatible with MP4, M4V, and MOV videos that have been saved to the camera roll via Apple’s SD-Card/USB adapter, iTunes Desktop Software, or other third-party programs.
You may make changes to your settings at any time, including enabling or disabling ad-blocking.
Sync and move them between other TV Cast applications and iOS devices by utilizing backup and restore functionality provided by iCloud.
Important: Please keep in mind that this will NOT allow you to cast videos on websites that only provide Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change your homepage: You can customize your homepage in the settings. Disclaimer: This application is in no way associated with Samsung or any other brand mentioned on this page.
Ratings and Reviews
On your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Player, you may watch any web video, online movie, livestream, or live TV broadcast. The most popular web video streamer allows you to enjoy the program on your large screen. Utilizing Samsung Smart TV’s VideoTV Cast feature you may surf the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream, or live television show that you choose on your Samsung Smart TV device. The following file types are supported: mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, as well as video-over-internet.
- The length of the movie might be anything from 2 minutes to 2 hours and beyond.
- The link that was detected will be shown underneath the browser’s navigation bar.
- Installing a large media server such as Plex or any other third-party software is not required.
- If you have an iPhone or iPad, please enter the IP address of your device into your Samsung TV Remote by using the number pad, up/down/left/right buttons.
- HBO and other DRM protected films such as iTunes movies, Flash video, and other formats are no longer supported.
- * During your surfing session, please make advantage of the Remote Playbar for video control (see more info below) * There is no screen or tab mirroring with this program; it simply broadcasts the video portion of a website, not the entire website content.
- It may sometimes be necessary to repeat the casting process several times until it is successful with a particular video.
Alternatively, if this does not resolve your issue, please contact us by email before writing a bad review on the App Store.
MODIFICATIONS AND ENHANCEMENTS (available as in-app purchases) This edition includes all of the features mentioned above.
You will not be required to pay for future features when they are published in a new version of the software, since they will be included in the first purchase.
The Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players are all compatible with the playbar, which is included with each model.
TVs manufactured between 2010 and 2013 are compatible with the TV Remote.
Apple’s SD-Card/USB adapter, iTunes Desktop Software, and third-party software are all capable of saving mp4, m4v, and mov films to the camera roll.
At any moment, you may change the settings and activate or disable ad-blocking.
With the help of iCloud backup and restoration, you can sync and move them between multiple TV Cast applications and iOS devices.
Please keep in mind that this will NOT allow you to cast videos on websites that provide Flash videos in desktop mode, as described above.
* Make a change to your homepage by going to Settings > General > Personal Homepage. Disclaimer: This application is in no way associated with Samsung or any other brand mentioned in this document.
Frustrating, aggravating and annoying
This app has the potential to be extremely aggravating and irritating. Some of the time it works wonderfully, but the majority of the time it simply shuts off during the beginning, middle, and/or conclusion of your show’s viewing, which causes another issue. Even if everything is working perfectly, you must “Cast – Stop – Cast” every time. It has never cast and continues to fail to cast on the first try. You must always cast it after closing the add and selecting “no please try again” before it will cast.
- Then you have to restart the app and look for your program all over again, which is simply too much trouble.
- Not to mention that every time you get it casting again, you have to fast forward to the point when it stopped working.
- I figured it was past due to provide you with an update.
- It wasn’t even necessary to do anything different or make any adjustments.
- I still have to cast the show three times (cast, stop, cast) before it will cast correctly the first time.
- Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Please also make an effort to move your wifi access point (or router) closer to both your reception device and your transmitter device in order to improve the signal quality.
- Important: Please keep in mind that a low battery in your smartphone might potentially result in an inaccurate transmission.
- Four, please have a look at the training videos and FAQs contained inside the app, and read the official setup and troubleshooting guidelines given by the maker of your television or casting device.
- Please include details about the sending device (for example, an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1) and the receiving device (for example, an iPad Pro running iOS 11.1).
- Thank you so much in advance for your consideration.
Difficult to start but once you get the hang of it
I downloaded the app for the iPhone version, and it was a little tough to figure out how to use it at first, but after I did, it was no issue. The reason why people are so negative is beyond me. Yes, it was challenging to get started, but after I figured it out, it was easy sailing from then on out. I’m simply wondering whether it has anything to do with the attention span of today’s millennials. They want everything completed as soon as possible. Oh, no, I’m sorry, they insisted on it being done right away.
- When it is shown on television, it is at the lower end of the high definition spectrum.
- I’m currently attempting to find out how to play the videos I’ve stored on my phone; certainly, someone could teach me, but it’s preferable if I figure it out on my own.
- We are delighted that you find our software useful.
- Please also make an effort to get your wifi access point (or router) closer to your streaming device and your iOS device in order to strengthen the signal.
- In such instances, please make every effort to reduce the resolution of the media.
- This has the potential to result in inaccurate transmission.
- Please make sure that your phone is connected to your Cast device.
The video should be prepared shortly and then transmitted as soon as possible once it has been attached to the “Personal Media” folder. If this is the case, touch on the green-edged video again. Please let us know if this is of assistance. We would much appreciate hearing from you.
Needs lots of work
This application does not function as planned. To view Home movies taken on my iPhone and screen share or project them to a Samsung smart TV – something that *should* be as simple as FaceTime – was my intention when I purchased the device. Wrong! As soon as you go to your video and start playing it, the app will disconnect from the television, so there’s no hope for you there. Second option: Navigate to your home video by selecting it from the app’s menu. It informs you that the free version of the program will only allow you to see the past three videos you have taken!
- So I tested one, and the consequence was that there was no sound, and the video did not rotate to match the direction of the Home video, as expected.
- In addition, the app must upload your video to a web service in order to “optimize” it, which means they now have a copy of your material on their servers.
- The term “screen casting” or “screen mirroring” does not apply here.
- In addition, the entire “input IP address” crap is the worst agony in the world.
- It should be as simple as using FaceTime to communicate.
- Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on our app.
- I just wanted to let you know that we made some improvements to the app in the most recent update.
We would also want to assist you with the following issues: (1) “Connection” – Please make certain that you have a reliable internet connection at all times (both your iOS device and the receiver device).
Please make sure that your phone’s energy-saving mode is not engaged before continuing.
(2) “No sound” – Videos may be played without audio if the device does not support the audio format being used in the video.
Try to find the video in a different format if that doesn’t work, and then try again.
Alternatively, you may manually rotate your video before streaming it by editing it in a third-party video editor before uploading it.
We are already hard at work on a TV Mirror for Samsung application.
The option to “optimize local videos” is only available for a limited time on your device and does not preserve the videos.
We do not receive a copy of your material.
(6) “IP address” – We apologize for any trouble this may have caused.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with the app, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Data Used to Track You
The following information may be used to monitor your movements across many applications and websites controlled by different businesses:
Data Not Linked to You
The following information may be gathered, but it will not be connected to your personal identity:
- Users’ content
- Use data
- And location information
For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may be different. Read on to find out more
SellerKraus and Karnath GbR (SellerKraus and Karnath GbR) 2Kit Consulting is a small consulting firm based in New York City. Size68.4 MBCompatibility with other operating systems iPhoneIt is necessary to have iOS 10.0 or later. iPad It is necessary to have iPadOS 10.0 or later. iPod touch is a portable media player that allows you to listen to music on the go. It is necessary to have iOS 10.0 or later. Mac It is necessary to have macOS 11.0 or later installed on your computer, as well as an Apple M1 chip.
In-App Purchases are free of charge.
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Remote Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Local Videos $2.99
- Desktop Mode $2.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze) $0.99
- Bookmarks $2.99
- Change Homepage $2.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4.99
- Remove Ads (Silver) $1.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4