- 1 Use Smart Switch to transfer content with your PC or Mac
- 2 3 Effective Methods to Back Up Samsung to PC
- 3 How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC via Samsung Smart Switch
- 4 How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC with Simple Clicks
- 5 How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC via Samsung Kies
- 6 Bonus Tip. How to Restore Data to Samsung Galaxy Device
- 7 The Bottom Line
- 8 How to Back Up Samsung to PC Easily?
- 9 Method 1. Back Up Samsung Phone to PC with Samsung Backup and Restore
- 10 Method 2. Back Up Samsung Phone to PC with Samsung Messages Backup
- 11 Method 3. Back Up Samsung to PC via DraggingDropping
- 12 Method 4. Samsung Backup to PC with Smart Switch
- 13 Method 5. Samsung Phone Backup to PC via Samsung Kies
- 14 Method 6. Back Up Samsung External Hard Drive to PC Using Samsung Auto Backup
- 15 Method 7. Back Up Photos and Videos from Samsung Smart Camera to PC with PC Auto Backup
- 16 Conclusion
- 17 4 Different Ways to Backup Samsung Galaxy to PC
- 18 Part 2: Backup Samsung phone with Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android)
- 19 Part 3: Samsung Kies
- 20 Part 4: Backup Samsung phone with Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android)
- 21 Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 22 Use the cloud
- 23 What can be backed up
- 24 Use Google Photos
- 25 Select what data to sync
- 26 Samsung Account backup
- 27 Transfer your photos to a PC
- 28 Transfer your files to a PC
- 29 Go with a third-party backup utility
- 30 Use your device manufacturer’s software
- 31 Back up now
- 32 Know How to Take Backup of Your Android Phone to Windows & Mac
- 33 How to Back Up Samsung Phone?  (The Ultimate Guide)
- 34 How to Make a Backup of Your Samsung Phone
- 35 Can you tell me about the types of data that you can save to your Samsung account?
- 36 Manual Backup and Automatic Backup Full-Guide
- 37 Another Method To Backup Samsung Phone
- 37.1 1. Download the Samsung Smart Switch application.
- 37.2 2. Make a copy of your Samsung device’s information.
- 37.3 SamsungSmartSwitch
- 37.4 Method 2: Apps should be backed up
- 37.5 Method 3: Contacts to have on hand as a backup
- 37.6 Method 4: Contacts should be backed up to an SD card.
- 37.7 BONUS: For Android Phones
- 38 Our Final Thoughts
- 39 Frequently Ask Questions
- 40 Is it possible to back up my Samsung phone to a Google Drive account?
- 41 Is Samsung Cloud Backup a one-time or recurring event?
Use Smart Switch to transfer content with your PC or Mac
Before you begin gathering all of your data, you need first ensure that your computer fulfills the minimal system requirements for Smart Switch operation. To determine whether your PC or Mac is compatible with Smart Switch, go to theSmart Switchpage and click on Requirementsunder Overview. If you fulfill the prerequisites, you may choose the method through which you wish to download the file. Smart Switch will require you to back up all of the content on your old phone and store it on your PC or Mac when it has been successfully installed.
Then, on your PC, head to and open Smart Switch, and then click the Backup button.
Upon completion, a screen will display alerting you that the process has been completed.
If your computer does not have a USB-C connector, you may connect your phone with a USB cable by using an OTG adapter, which is available for purchase online.
A lightning to USB-C connection, or even a USB-C to USB-C cable, will eliminate the need for an adaptor, since it will just plug into your device without any further steps.
When you back up the content of your old phone on a PC or Mac, the data are automatically stored in a default place (unless you choose a different location in the backup wizard).
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoaming Samsung Smart Switch PC
- Windows 10:C:UsersDocuments
- Samsung Smart Switch PC Backing up Samsung SmartSwitch on Mac OS X is done in the following locations: Users/Documents/Samsung SmartSwitch/backup
To quickly access the AppData folder, press the Start button on your keyboard. Enter the word appdata in the search bar and press the Enter key. Note:Before you begin transferring data, double-check that the file types being transferred are supported by Smart Switch on your PC or Mac. Transmit the backup files stored on your computer to your new phone so that you can listen to and view all of your music and photos on the go. Before you begin, turn off or temporarily disable your PC’s firewall, antivirus, antispyware, anti-malware, and other security tools to ensure that all of your files are transferred successfully.
- When prompted, connect your new Galaxy phone to your computer using the USB cable that was included with the device.
- If desired, you can choose specific data to restore by clickingSelect your backup data on your computer’s desktop after clickingRestore.
- To confirm that the restoration has been completed, click OK.
- Another option for transferring content from your computer to a new Galaxy phone is to sync the data on your phone with the data on your computer via a USB cable.
- On a PC, go to the Smart Switch screen and select Outlook Synchronization.
- After that, select what you want to sync by clicking Sync Preferences for Outlook and then clicking OK.
When you’re finished, click Sync Now, and then click Confirm. On a Mac, clickSyncon the Smart Switch screen. Choose specific content to sync from your computer, and then clickSync Now. When syncing is complete, clickConfirm.
3 Effective Methods to Back Up Samsung to PC
Using the Samsung Smart Switch, we will demonstrate how to back up your Samsung phone to your computer. We will also discuss two other backup options as well. Consider the following procedure for backing up and restoring your Samsung Galaxy phone in a few simple steps. Need to back up your Samsung phone’s data to your PC or Mac, such as contacts, images, files, music, or other important documents? Use this guide to learn how. We’ll teach you how to backup Samsung Galaxy smartphones to your computer in this section.
Simply backing up all of your material and restoring it to your new Samsung Android device is all that is required.
If you would like to learn more about the several different backup options available for your Samsung Galaxy mobile, please see our article, which includes extensive step-by-step instructions.
How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC via Samsung Smart Switch
Smart Switch makes it simple to back up and transfer photographs, files, music, and other sorts of important information from one computer to another. If you choose, you may even build a backup of the contents on your old Samsung phone on your PC or Mac, which you can later transfer or restore to your new Samsung phone. Samsung Smart Switch (Samsung Smart Switch)
1.Download Samsung Smart Switch
Before you begin collecting all of your data, you must first ensure that your computer matches the specifications required to utilize Smart Switch. If your PC or Mac is capable of supporting Smart Switch, you should go to the Smart Switch website and click on Requirements under Overview to see if your Samsung device is capable of supporting the feature. If you fulfill the criteria, you may download the most recent version of the Samsung Smart Switch from the company’s website.
2.Create a Backup of Your Samsung Device
After you’ve installed Smart Switch, you’ll need to back up your Samsung phone and move files from your Samsung phone to your PC or Mac computer, respectively.
- Wi-Fi or a USB cable should be used to connect your phone to your computer. On your Samsung phone, click “Allow” to allow the connection. Locate and launch Smart Switch on your PC, then select “Backup” from the menu bar. Your computer will immediately begin backing up the information on your Samsung phone, which may take a few minutes. When it’s finished, a message will show on your screen alerting you that it’s finished. Then press the “OK” button.
To backup your Samsung phone to your computer, use the Samsung Smart Switch.
3.Default Save Location
As soon as you back up the information from your old phone to your computer or Mac, the files are immediately saved in a default place (unless you choose a different location). Here are the default backup locations, so you can have a better understanding of where your backups are stored:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:UsersAppDataRoaming
- Windows XP: C:UsersAppDataRoaming
- Windows Vista: C:UsersAppDataRoaming
- Windows XP: C:UsersApp Samsung Smart Switch PC
- Windows 10: C:UsersDocumentsSamsungSmartSwitch
- Mac OS X: /Users/Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup
- Samsung Smart Switch PC
4.Transfer Samsung Backup Data from Samsung Phone to PC
Before you begin uploading your data, double-check that the data formats you intend to use are supported by Smart Switch on your PC or Mac. After you’ve transferred the backup files from your computer to your new phone, you’ll be able to see and enjoy all of your movies and photographs.
But first and foremost, switch off or temporarily disable your anti-virus, anti-malware, and other security software on your PC or Mac to ensure that all of your data can be transferred successfully.
- Smart Switch should now be open on your PC. As soon as the computer prompts you to do so, connect your new Samsung phone to the computer using the USB cord. When the Smart Switch is connected, the Smart Switch screen will show on the computer screen. If desired, choose particular data from your backup by clicking Select your backup data on your computer’s desktop and then clicking Restore. When you’re ready, select “Restore immediately” from the menu bar. Then, once the repair has been completed, click OK.
It is possible that you may need to provide permissions on your Samsung Phone in order to complete the backup. Another option for transferring stuff from your computer to a new Samsung phone is to sync the data on your phone with your computer over Bluetooth. Syncing guarantees that the information on your computer or Mac and your phone is the same.
- On the Smart Switch display, on a PC, select “Outlook Sync” from the drop-down menu. You can sign in with your Microsoft Outlook credentials if you are not already signed in to your account. Following that, pick what you wish to sync by clicking Sync Preferences for Outlook and then clicking OK. When you’re finished, click Sync Now, and when you’re finished, click Confirm. On a Mac, go to the Smart Switch panel and select “Sync.” Select the precise material from your computer that you want to sync, and then click Sync Now. Once the synchronizing process is complete, click “Confirm.”
On a Mac, go to the Smart Switch Screen and choose Sync.
How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC with Simple Clicks
Despite the fact that many Samsung users would like to install Samsung Smart Switch in order to back up or transfer material, they find the process of completing the backup procedure to be complicated. In addition, a significant number of people have stated that their Samsung Smart Switch does not always function properly. As a matter of fact, you may back up your device using other Samsung backup software in addition to the Samsung Smart Switch. You may also use PhoneTrans to back up your Samsung phone to your computer.
If we look into PhoneTrans’s backup feature, we can see that it features the following amazing feature:
- More stuff is backed up than what iTunes and other backup programs can handle. Support for seeing and selecting the sorts of data to be backed up
- Maintain complete confidentiality and security of your backups.
Download and install the current version of PhoneTrans on your computer for free, then follow the on-screen instructions to back up your Samsung phone in your own way. Launch PhoneTrans on your PC in the first step. SelectPhone Backup from the drop-down menu. Selective Backup is an option. To begin the backup process, click Start Backup. On PhoneTrans, select Phone Backup and Selective Backup from the drop-down menu. Step 2: Connect your Samsung device to your computer using a USB cable. To return to the previous screen, press the Back Upbutton.
Step 3: Select the sorts of data you want to transfer from your Samsung to your computer and click on them.
PhoneTrans allows you to back up your Samsung phone.
How to B ackup Samsung Phone to PC via Samsung Kies
This is a moniker that every Samsung smartphone owner is familiar with. Kies is an abbreviation for “Key Intuitive Easy System,” and it is typically used to backup data from a Samsung phone to a computer. Install Kies on your smartphone and then follow the simple instructions outlined below.
- Make use of a USB cable to connect your device to your device. On your Kies screen, go to “Backup andRestore” & click on it. Pick “Data backup” from the drop-down menu and then select the category of material you wish to backup
- Select the data that you wish to transfer and then select “Backup” from the drop-down menu
- After you have completed the backup procedure, you will receive a notification. To properly quit, click the “Complete” button at the bottom of the page.
In addition, this device can connect to Kies wirelessly by selecting the “Wireless Connection” option on its home screen. Kies would also be used to upgrade the firmware on your device and conduct a variety of other vital activities. However, it can be a little complicated at times, and you may have a better experience if you use a different interface.
Bonus Tip. How to Restore Data to Samsung Galaxy Device
You may also backup and restore data on a Galaxy handset with PhoneTrans. If you have a Samsung phone, you may restore the Samsung backup with relative ease.
The process would be lot simpler if you had already backed up Samsung using PhoneTrans. By selecting “Phone Recover” and “PhongTrans Backup” from the menu bar, you may selectively restore data from a Galaxy smartphone to meet your specific needs. iCloud backup and restore to Android
The Bottom Line
If you are purchasing a new phone, you will be required to manually transfer all of your credentials. So, don’t be concerned; Smart Switch makes it simple to transfer photographs, files, music, and other important papers and other sorts of information across computers. However, make certain Smart Switch may only be used on phones that are running Android 4.3 or iOS 4.2.1 or later versions. In addition, you may use PhoneTrans to build a backup of the files on your old Samsung phone. PhoneTrans may be downloaded for free and used on your computer to test it out.
How to Back Up Samsung to PC Easily?
In our day and age, knowledge is not only seen as important, but it is also believed to be a necessary component of one’s daily activities. This is especially true for the kind of vital items that are saved on our phones, which means that understanding how to back up Samsung to PC in order to prevent losing such data is essential. In this post, we’ll go over six straightforward techniques for backing up your Samsung devices to your PC. It is possible to backup your Samsung phone using the first five techniques listed.
You can go through the parts as you see fit:
Method 1. Back Up Samsung Phone to PC with Samsung Backup and Restore
Using Samsung Backup and Restore, you may back up and restore your Samsung phone with a single click of a button. You may complete the Samsung backup with the easiest action possible. In addition, you may restore the backup files from the computer to the Samsung phone with a single click from the PC.
Major features of Samsung Backup and Restore:
(1) Easily backup your Samsung phone to your computer with a single click, including all of the important data on your phone, such as contacts, call logs, text messages, photographs, videos, music, applications, and documents, as well as all of the other items on your phone. (2) Restore the backup files from the PC to the same Samsung phone or to additional Samsung phones/tablets that were previously backed up. (3) Support for connecting Samsung to a PC through a USB connection as well as Wi-Fi connectivity.
(5) Select whether or not to erase data from your Samsung phone before restoring it to factory settings.
Guide on doing Samsung backup to PC with Samsung Backup and Restore
Step 1: Download and install the Samsung Backup and Restore program on your computer. Please first download and install this Samsung backup application on your computer, followed by launching it after it has been installed. Step 2: Connect your Samsung phone to your computer. Then, using a USB cord, connect your Samsung phone to your computer and allow the USB debugging symbol to appear on the screen. In no time at all, the software will check your phone. Step 3: Make a backup of your Samsung to your PC.
Then choose the data types that you wish to appear on the interface.
More reading material may be found at: Do you want to learn more about Samsung backup apps?
It will inform you about the top five Samsung backup applications. Have you recently purchased a new Sony Xperia smartphone? That’s fantastic! You may now transfer all of your Samsung data to your new Sony phone at the same time.
Method 2. Back Up Samsung Phone to PC with Samsung Messages Backup
Users frequently choose to back up their Samsung files in batches from their Galaxy phones to their PCs rather than one by one from their phones to their computers. This is due to the fact that the files stored on our Samsung phones will become increasingly large over time. Transferring files one at a time is a waste of valuable time. Samsung Messages Backup is intended to save you time by archiving your messages.
The Key Features of Samsung Messages Backup
(1)With a single click, you may backup and restore the whole contents of your Samsung phone to your computer. (2) Allows you to transfer files from your Samsung device to your PC in batches. (3)Check the files for errors before transmitting the data. (4) Conveniently manage your Samsung files on your PC or Mac. (5) Take a screenshot of your Samsung device and save it to your PC. (6) All types of data are supported, including contacts, call logs, SMS, music, photographs, videos, documents, and applications.
Support for the Galaxy S10/S9/S8/S7/S6/S5 is also available.
Why Choose Samsung Messages Backup?
(1) Straightforward to use. (2) Quick data transmission. (3) Support for connecting Samsung to PC/Mac through USB cable/Wi-Fi. (4) Completely clean and safe operation.
Step-by-step Tutorial on Samsung Backup
In addition, you may opt to back up your entire Samsung phone with a single click to your PC, or you can choose back up your selected files in batches with Samsung Messages Backup program. To back up your Samsung Galaxy to your computer in a single click, you must first start the Samsung Messages Backup application and connect your Samsung smartphone to your computer using a USB cord. Then go to the “Super Toolkit,” pick the “Backup” option, check the file types to be backed up, and select a local folder to save the backed up data to when you’ve finished.
- Install and run the Samsung Messages Backup program on your computer, then connect your Samsung Galaxy to the computer using a USB cord.
- Step 2: Instruct the application to recognize your Samsung phone.
- Following that, you will be able to see the primary interface, as seen below.
- Step 3: Navigate to the “Super Toolkit” and examine the file formats available.
- You will be prompted to pick the file types that you wish to back up as well as a place for the backed up data.
- After deciding on a location, you can begin the backup process by clicking “Back Up.” Afterwards, a backup of all of the files you specified will be created on the PC.
2.Transfer SMS messages from a Samsung Galaxy to a computer. 3.Connect your Samsung photos to your computer. 4.Transfer videos from a Samsung device to a personal computer.
Method 3. Back Up Samsung to PC via DraggingDropping
Dragging and dropping data from your Samsung to your PC is a quick and simple technique of backing up data from your Samsung. When you connect a USB connection that links your PC to your Samsung device, you may easily back up files such as images, music, movies, and document files to your PC without any additional software. The data may then be manually copied to your hard disk at that point. Here’s how it’s done:
- USB debugging should be enabled on your Samsung Galaxy. In this post, you will learn how to enable USB debugging. Connect your Samsung device to your computer by means of a USB cord. Please proceed to “My Computer,” where you may locate the name of your Samsung phone under the “Portable Devices” section. Double-click the device you’re using. Navigate to the SD card or phone memory that holds the photographs you’re looking for
- Open the “DCIM” folder (in which you will discover photographs) or any other folders that contain the files you are looking for. Drag and drag the selected files to a specified spot on your computer’s hard drive.
Advantages:- There is no need to download any additional third-party software. Cons:- It is difficult to locate the files you are looking for. Transferring a large number of files takes up a significant amount of time.
Method 4. Samsung Backup to PC with Smart Switch
Smart Switch is a well-known tool that can be used to transfer items from a Samsung smartphone to a PC, including contacts, messages, photographs, videos, and calendar events, among other things. You must first download and install the Smart Switch program on your computer before you can use it. Detailed instructions for backing up your Samsung device to your computer using Smart Switch are provided below:
- Start the Smart Switch program on your computer. Make use of a USB cable to connect your Samsung gadget to your computer. Once the device has been connected, make certain that the “Media device” (MTP mode) option is chosen. Once Smart Switch has identified your Samsung, you will be presented with three options on the primary screen. Select “Backup” from the drop-down menu
- You will be notified when the backup is complete, and you may securely remove your Samsung smartphone.
Pros:- The program is completely free to use and download.- It can back up a wide range of data on the Samsung, including settings and applications. The disadvantage is that it is only compatible with Samsung smartphones. Further Reading: A Comprehensive Guide to the Best Alternatives to the Samsung Smart Switch
Method 5. Samsung Phone Backup to PC via Samsung Kies
Samsung Kies is a Samsung PC suite that was developed to make it easier for Samsung devices to interface with and connect to Windows-based computers. The application assists Samsung customers in syncing, backing up, and transferring information from their devices to their computers, including contacts, movies, photographs, podcasts, and more. You must first download and install the Samsung Kiesapplication on your computer before you can use it. A step-by-step instruction on how to backup your Samsung smartphone to a PC using Samsung Kies is provided below:
- Start Samsung Kies on your computer and follow the on-screen instructions. A USB cable should be used to connect your Samsung device to your computer. The “BackupRestore” option will be displayed in the Kies window. Select “Data backup” from the drop-down menu. Select the type of data you want to back up and then click “Backup.” When the procedure is complete, press the “Complete” button.
Advantages:- The program is completely free to use and download. Cons:- It is only compatible with Samsung mobile phones and tablets. – Take your time. – Windows 10 is not supported. Other File Transfer Programs include: Using Samsung File Transfer for Mac is a breeze. Transfer from Huawei to Samsung What is the best way to transfer Xiaomi files? How to Transfer Xiaomi Files Effectively
Method 6. Back Up Samsung External Hard Drive to PC Using Samsung Auto Backup
Samsung Auto Backup is a software program produced by Samsung to assist in the enhancement of Samsung external hard drives. It allows you to back up your Samsung external hard drive on a regular basis as well as in real time. When you use it for the first time, you must follow the on-screen instructions to configure the application to back up your data. There are four major menus on the interface, which are as follows. It’s simple to put into action. Backup, restore, and file management are all possible with this task.
Tools – Configure data management choices for your organization.
Pros:- The program simplifies the process of transferring data.
– Availability of scheduled backups on a regular basis. – Data security is achievable through the use of encryption. The program is incompatible with the Mac operating system. More information may be found at: How to Transfer Android Files to an External Hard Drive
Method 7. Back Up Photos and Videos from Samsung Smart Camera to PC with PC Auto Backup
Using a Wi-Fi connection or a USB cable, PC Auto Backup, a built-in software feature on Samsung’s Smart Camera, allows users to back up videos and photos to a PC. You must first install Intelli-Studio and PC Auto Backup on your computer before connecting your camera to the computer. After that, you can easily backup your photos and videos from your Samsung camera to your computer. Please keep in mind that if you are backing up with a Wi-Fi connection, your computer and camera should be on the same network.
– A Wi-Fi connection can be used to back up videos and photos.
Cons:- Backups over a Wi-Fi connection can be difficult.
You should now be familiar with the seven different methods of backing up Samsung to PC. Which technique do you think is the best? Please share your thoughts and experiences in the comments section below. Alternatively, if you have any other fantastic suggestions, please share them with us by writing them down. Articles that are related: What is the best way to back up photos on my Samsung Galaxy? What is the best way to transfer files between a Huawei and a computer? (Two Different Ways) To print text messages from an Android phone, follow these steps.
How to Transfer Photos from a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus to Another Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus What is the best way to transfer apps from one Android device to another?
4 Different Ways to Backup Samsung Galaxy to PC
This is most likely the quickest and most convenient method of obtaining Samsung backup to PC. One of the most appealing features of Galaxy phones is that they can still be used to connect to your computer in the traditional manner. All that is required is that you just transfer your data from your phone to your computer in the most straightforward manner. Follow these simple steps to copy and paste your information. 1. If you are running Android 4.0 or higher, all you have to do is open the “Settings” menu and select “Developer Options.” 2.
- Allow it to happen by clicking “Ok.” 4.
- To utilize your phone as a USB device, you may need to go to “WirelessNetworks” and then pick “USB Utilities” in various versions of Windows.
- It will produce a console, which will indicate the amount of RAM available on your phone.
It is the most straightforward method of transferring files. However, if your phone is infected with a virus or malware, it is possible that it will be transported to your PC or vice versa. We propose that you use a professionally built interface in order to prevent such unwelcome circumstances.
Part 2: Backup Samsung phone with Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android)
Dr.Fone would make it possible for you to back up your data in the most convenient method. It is a fantastic tool that has a simple and intuitive UI. Not only would you be able to transfer your files without any loss of quality, but you would also be able to choose exactly what type of data you wanted to back up. It is simple to backup your Samsung Galaxy S3 to your PC or any other mobile device if you follow these simple instructions.
Dr.Fone – Phone Backup (Android)
Android Data Can Be Backupped and Restored in a Selective Manner
- With one click, you can backup Android data to your computer and pick which files to save. Backup and restore to any Android smartphone while previewing the backup
- Compatibility with more than 8000 Android devices During backup, export, or restoration, all data was retained in its entirety.
It has been downloaded by 3,981,454 people. 1. Check to see if Dr.Fone is properly installed on your computer. 2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cord. 3. 3. Dr.Fone will send you an email as soon as your device is successfully linked. 4. It will provide you with several possibilities, such as data recovery, SD card recovery, and so on. More Tools may be found by selecting Phone Backup from the drop-down menu. 5. The interface will present a variety of data types that may be backed up to your computer, including contacts, images, calendar entries, application data, call history, and other information.
Clicking the “Backup” button will cause the program to begin transferring the information you specified.
Isn’t it simple to do?
Despite the fact that it may be used for backup and restoration reasons, it is unable to upgrade the firmware on your device.
Part 3: Samsung Kies
This is a moniker that every Samsung user is familiar with. AKA “Key Intuitive Easy System,” Kies is generally used to backup Samsung phones to personal computers (PCs) and other devices. Install Kies on your PC and then follow these simple steps to keep your data safe and secure. 1. Use a USB cord to connect your gadget to your computer system. 2. On your Kies interface, go to “BackupRestore” and choose it. Step 3: Select “Data backup” and then select the type of data that you wish to backup.
- Select the data that you wish to transfer and then select the “Backup” option from the context menu.
- A notification will appear when you have completed the backup procedure.
- To properly leave the program, click the “Complete” button.
- Kies may also be used to upgrade the firmware on your device and conduct a variety of other important functions.
Part 4: Backup Samsung phone with Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android)
Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android) is one of the best software for transferring data between an Android phone and a computer.
It is available for both Android phones and computers. Data transmission may be completed in the blink of an eye, thanks to its user-friendly interface and fast data transfer speed.
Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android)
a Smart Transfer between Android devices and computer systems
- Transferring files between an Android device and a computer, including contacts, photographs, music, SMS, and more
- Transferring files between two Android devices You can transfer music from iTunes to Android (and vice versa). Manage your data from your Android mobile on your PC in an intelligent manner. Compatibility with Android 10.0 is complete.
It has been downloaded by 3981454 users. Download and install Dr.Fone on your PC in the first step. Once it has been launched, pick Phone Manager from the list of available functions. 2. Connect your Samsung phone to your computer by connecting it using a USB cord. 3. 3. Once the phone has been successfully linked to Dr.Fone, select the Photos or other file types option, depending on which file types you wish to backup. 4.Select the files you wish to back up and click on the Export to PC button to finish.
- You will be prompted to specify the location where you want to save the exported files.
- This software, Dr.Fone – Phone Manager (Android), may be used to simply transfer data from an Android phone to a PC or another Android/iOS smartphone, as well as to guide you through the process of backing up your Samsung Galaxy S3 to a PC or any other similar device.
- There are a variety of options for backing up a Samsung phone to a computer.
- You can also utilize the straightforward approach of copying and pasting to perform Samsung backup to PC and consolidate all of your data into an one location.
- Make sure that you constantly keep your data safe so that you are never caught off guard in a difficult scenario.
As a result, you dropped your phone on the sidewalk. After that, it was ran over. Twice. Afterwards, you were almost struck by a Subaru while attempting to retrieve it from the center of the crossing. The odds are that the first thing that sprang to mind when you heard this tragic story – or at the very least considered it probable – was the multitude of contacts, images, text messages, and notes that you had stored on your smartphone. What is an Android enthusiast to do in a situation such as this?
If you grant it permission to do so, Google will automatically sync all of your data including contacts, calendar appointments, documents, and even app purchases.
Continue reading to learn how to create a backup of your Android phone.
Use the cloud
Google’s Android operating system, like Apple’s iOS and iPadOS, has the ability to automatically back up your Android device to the cloud. This setting is normally enabled, however you may double-check it by doing the following steps on stock Android 11 and Samsung smartphones: Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the screen to enlarge the notification shade, then press the Cogicon to activate it.
This will bring up the Settings page. Step 2: Select Google or System (stock Android only). Step 3: Press the Back button. Step 4:If you haven’t previously, turn on the toggle next to Back Up to Google Drive if it isn’t currently on.
What can be backed up
The following is an official list of what Google has backed up to the cloud:
- Date and time
- Display settings (brightness and sleep)
- Gmail settings
- Google Calendar events and settings
- Language and input settings
- Gmail settings Settings and data for apps that are not developed by Google (the amount varies depending on the app)
- Images and wallpapers
- Wi-Fi networks and passwords
- SMS text messages (not MMS)
Keep in mind that your Google Account is limited to 15GB of free cloud storage space per account. If you want additional storage space, particularly if you are storing up photographs and movies, you will require a membership. As the list above indicates, this program does not back up images, movies, or other types of files. If you want to upload any files, you’ll need the Google Drive or Google One app. Check to see if automatic backups are enabled in Google Photos as well as other programs. Continue reading to find out how.
Use Google Photos
Learn how to back up your smartphone using Google Photos by following the steps below. Step 1: Tap to launch the Google Photos application. Step 2: Click on the Google account symbol in the top-right corner of the screen. Step 3: Select the Photos Preferences option. Step 4: Press the Back Up Sync button. In Step 5, if the Back Up Sync option has not yet been enabled, turn the switch next to it on. This setting may also be accessed by going to theSettingsGoogleBackuproute and selecting the Google Photosoption.
Select what data to sync
You may also perhaps add a few more bits and pieces to that list and select exactly what you want to be backed up and what you don’t want to be backed up. Here’s how it’s done: Step 1: Swipe down from the top of the screen to enlarge the notification shade, then press the Cogicon to activate it. This brings up theSettingspane on the screen. Step 2: Select Accounts. Accounts and Backup are the first two options on Samsung phones, followed by Accounts. Step 3: Log in using your Google Account information.
On Samsung phones, select Sync Account from the menu.
Please keep in mind that the list will vary based on what you have installed on your phone.
Samsung Account backup
Moreover, you may perhaps add a few more bits and pieces to that list and specify exactly what you want to be backed up and what you don’t want to be. It works like this: 1st step: Swipe down from the top of the screen to expand the notification shade, and then press the Cogicon to activate it. In this case, the Settingspanel will be shown. Activate Accounts in the second step. Accounts and Backup are the first two options on Samsung phones, followed byAccounts. Activate your Google Account (Step 3).
On Samsung phones, select Sync Account from the Apps menu (see screenshot below).
Step 5: You should keep in mind that the list will vary based on what you have installed on your phone.
Transfer your photos to a PC
One important feature that Android does not have is a native mechanism to back up everything to a computer. In MacOS, as well as the iTunes program for Windows, there are built-in ways of working with an iPhone or an iPad. There are no analogous tools available for Android devices, nor is there one available for Chrome OS. The native Your Phone application is the quickest and most convenient method of transferring images to a Windows PC. Another option is to upload your images to OneDrive and then sync that folder with your PC using the OneDrive software.
Bluetooth, a direct USB connection, and other cloud services are examples of other solutions. You can learn more about transferring your photographs and movies to a Windows 10, Mac, or Chromebook in our dedicated tutorial.
Transfer your files to a PC
The native Your Phone app, on the other hand, only transfers images, which makes moving files to Windows 10 a little more difficult. Instead, OneDrive and synchronizing a folder with your Windows PC is your best choice for transferring large amounts of data. Other choices, which are available on all three platforms, include using a cable connection, Bluetooth, or a separate cloud-based storage provider. Learn how to move your data from your computer to a Windows 10, Mac, or Chromebook in our separate tutorial.
Go with a third-party backup utility
Even though we strongly encourage that you continue to utilize Google for your backup requirements, there are other options you may try out instead. Here are a few examples: My Backup Pro ($7) is a backup software program. In a single session, My Backup Pro backs up practically everything on your phone without the need to root it: Everything from photos to app data to browser bookmarks to contacts to system settings to home screen shortcuts is covered. You name it, and everything’s likely to be protected on your device.
- Backup files are saved either to the MicroSD card in your phone or to the cloud, making your data instantly available via the My Backup Pro website.
- Everything is safely backed up to the cloud, and there is a convenient Memories function that allows you to quickly browse through photographs or texts from a given date.
- You are given 1GB of free storage, but you may earn more (up to 10GB) by using the app, or you can purchase an upgrade if you want more space.
- Google Play is a digital distribution platform that allows users to upload and share content.
- SMS BackupRestore connects with your email account, Google Drive, or Dropbox to back up your SMS messages in XML format for easy retrieval and restoration.
- If you like, you may choose to see and recover your messages one by one, or all at once.
- Google Play is a digital distribution platform that allows users to upload and share content.
- Hundreds of useful and user-friendly functions are included with this powerful tool.
The app’s basic functionalities are available for free download and usage, but your phone must be rooted in order to do so. The Pro edition requires a key that can only be obtained from Google Play. Google Play is a digital distribution platform that allows users to upload and share content.
Use your device manufacturer’s software
Every smartphone manufacturer offers a specific backup option for their device, which is nearly universal. The majority of companies, on the other hand, are moving away from computer-based (or MicroSD card-based) storage. As an alternative, they’re bringing out secure switching applications that will allow you to export and import information. You can easily transfer everything from your contacts and gaming progress to your images and your messages to your new smartphone without the need for a cable.
- The Samsung Smart Switch, the LG Mobile Switch, the Sony Xperia Transfer 2, and the HTC Transfer Tool are all examples of mobile switching solutions.
It’s possible that your smartphone carrier will be able to give you with specific data switching application solutions. Even if all else fails, go to your cell phone provider’s counter and inquire as to whether they have any remedies.
Back up now
Regularly backing up your smartphone will guarantee that you don’t lose any crucial files in the event that your phone is lost, broken, or stolen, among other things. If you lose your data along with your phone, you will be unable to recover your images and other information. A phone may be replaced, but at a high expense. Accidents happen to smartphone users at the most inconvenient moments, such as soon after they’ve paid off their device’s debt or shortly before their insurance policy ends.
It might be overwhelming.
Don’t risk losing crucial data or photographs because you failed to back up your phone.
When you do a search for backups for your specific gadget, you’ll come across a plethora of possibilities.
- Unsurprisingly, carriers are refusing to allow Apple’s iCloud Private Relay functionality to function. Deals on tablet computers for January 2022
- Dell is now offering incredible offers on the Fitbit Sense and Versa 2. The best smartphone bargains available in January 2022
- The top flip phones you’ll want to look at in 2022 are as follows:
Know How to Take Backup of Your Android Phone to Windows & Mac
Allow me to begin by posing some questions to you – Does your smartphone bother you with the slow-mo pace when you hit the browser icon on the home screen? Or do you find yourself getting a ‘force close’ pop-up for a certain app on your smartphone’s screen all of a sudden? If this is the case, my buddy, your phone is running out of room! It is necessary to do a factory reset in order to improve its performance. However, your device contains hundreds of pieces of data, ranging from photographs to conversations to dozens of movies, contacts, and a slew of other things, all of which may be totally deleted from your smartphone if you choose to do a factory reset.
You may prevent the loss of your valuable data by taking preventative steps, which I define as making a backup of the data saved on your Android smartphone.
There are four different backup options. Android users have the option of creating a backup of their data using the following method:
A short overview of the process of obtaining backups using the various choices listed above is provided below. Method 1: Make a backup using a USB drive. While many of you would like to use wireless connections and cloud storage, there are occasions when it is beneficial to use the old-fashioned USB connection. This is especially true if you have a large amount of data or material to transmit and preserve at once. Having said that, transferring data from your Android handset to your computer via a USB cord is a simple process.
- Now, let’s have a look at the various methods for backing up from Android to Windows and Android to Mac.
- To complete Step 3, select the File transfer option from the “Use USB for” drop-down menu.
- Afterwards, locate the safe remove hardware icon on your system and unplug the USB connectivity of your device from the computer.
- First and foremost, you’ll want to download and install the ‘Android File Transfer’ application.
- You must also confirm that yourAndroid device is running on a version of 3.0 or above before proceeding.
- So, once everything is set up, here’s what you have to do: Step 1: Connect your Android smartphone to your Mac’s USB port using the included USB cable.
- – Select the Transfer File option from the drop-down menu.
Double-click on theAndroiddrive icon on your desktop.
Step 5: To unplug the device from your Mac desktop or laptop, select Eject from the menu bar.
Only when your Android smartphone is connected to your Google Account will you be able to access this feature.
The best part is that Google also preserves all of your beloved images and movies!
Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu and choose BackupRestore or Backupreset.
Tap and choose all of the options that are shown to guarantee that the data is synchronized with your Google Account in Step 3.
If you have data that has to be shared on a regular basis, you may always explore for other cloud storage solutions.
Dropbox, like Google Drive, allows you to transfer photographs, movies, and other files from your Android smartphone to your PC, laptop, or Mac.
Step 1: Install the Dropbox app on your phone and PC (preferred) or go to Dropbox.com.
Step 2: Create a user account and fill up your personal information with the site.
Step 4: Drag and drop any photographs or files into the folder that you wish to keep.
Method 3: Backup through Wi-FiWi-Fi connectivity is the simplest and most efficient method of transferring thousands of photographs, movies, and other files from your Android device to your PC, Mac, or laptop computer.
Designed specifically for Android devices, the AirDroid program is now available for use on desktop computers running Windows and Mac OS X.
All that is required is that you ensure that the software is installed on both your Android handset and your PC or Mac.
Step 1: Go to the Google Play store and download and install the free AirDroid application.
Step 3: After logging in, select the My Device option from the drop-down menu.
Now, in Android, open the AirDriod application.
The camera has been turned on.
Your smartphone will instantly recognize the QR code and establish a connection with the computer.
You should now be able to quickly handle some aspects of your Android smartphone with the aid of your mouse and keyboard in Step 7.
If you are having problems with Wi-Fi connectivity, you can always connect your Android smartphone to your desktop or laptop over Bluetooth if you are having problems with Wi-Fi.
You may, however, always give it a go, right?
Step 2: Next, from your Windows 10 computer, click on the Start button –Click on Settings –Turn on the Bluetooth toggle switch.
You may then pick the files that you want to transfer from your Android smartphone to a PC, laptop, or Mac in Step 3.
With the methods described above, creating a backup of your data is a relatively straightforward task that might spare you from the agony of losing all of your important data.
Share any additional backup methods that you believe should be included in this list with us so that we can add them to our list.
Also, if you enjoyed this article, please spread the word among your family and friends. Windows AndroidBackupDataDesktopLaptopMacrelianceDigital Resource CentreSmartphoneAndroidWindows Phone
How to Back Up Samsung Phone?  (The Ultimate Guide)
With more than 30 years in the phone business, Samsung is one of the world’s largest producers of mobile phones, and it is headquartered in South Korea. In addition to tablets, they make high-end smartphones, such as the Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note II, and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. A slew of features are available on this generation of smartphones that will make your life both easier and more pleasurable. Another advantage of these phones is that they can be backed up using Samsung Kies or iCloud, which is a very useful function (depending on your carrier).
For the whole Guide, please read the entire article.
How to Back Up Samsung Phone and Galaxy Devices?
Learn how to create a backup of your Samsung Cloud data in the following steps.
- Select your name from the Settings menu, followed by Samsung Cloud
- Then click OK. Click on the Back up data button a second time. You may create a backup of your data by selecting the information you wish to save and tapping the Back up button. When the synchronization process is complete, click the Done button.
For those who are backing up data for the first time, selecting No backups instead of the default Yes may be necessary.
How to Make a Backup of Your Samsung Phone
- To backup your Samsung Cloud data, follow these steps: Select your name from the Settings menu, followed by Samsung Cloud
- Then click OK.
Note: If you are backing up data for the first time, you may need to select No backups rather than the default Yes option in the Backup Wizard.
- Click on the Back up data button a second time. You may create a backup of your data by selecting the information you wish to save and tapping the Back up button. When the synchronization process is complete, click the Done button.
Everything on my Samsung phone has been backed up.
Can you tell me about the types of data that you can save to your Samsung account?
Create a backup of your data in your Samsung account is straightforward, but not all file types and contents are supported. Additionally, files bigger than 1 GB in size will not be able to be saved. If you have backed up your data on your Samsung phone, you may quickly restore everything back to your phone by using the Back-Up and Restore tool on your Samsung phone. This implies that you will be able to use your previously stored files to update the contents of your new phone when it becomes available.
- The following are examples of the many types of content that may be saved to your Samsung account: Calendar: You may use your phone to keep track of important events and chores.
- Phone:An archive of phone calls and text messages is kept.
- The home screen comprises the following elements: the layout, wallpapers, and Samsung DeX settings (if applicable) (your normal wallpapers will not be saved up).
- There are a variety of choices accessible in the Settings menu, including accessibility settings, ringtones, Samsung Keyboard options, Wi-Fi settings, and Always on Display settings (your default ringtone will not be saved).
Music is created using audio files (MP3, M4A, 3GA, OGG, and WAV files) A voice recorder is used to make audio recordings. It may be found here. Doc, pdf, txt, and html formats are all acceptable for submission. What kinds of data are available to you for saving to your Samsung account
Manual Backup and Automatic Backup Full-Guide
Remember to keep that treasured footage of your baby’s first steps in case you happen to lose track of where you put it. Back up your data so that you may go back and relive some of your most memorable experiences.
Manual backup is available.
Choose your name from the Settings menu, then Samsung Cloud from the drop-down menu. Take note that if you are backing up data for the first time, you may need to select No backups rather than the default Yes option. 2. Press the Back up data button a second time. Select the information you wish to store and hit the Back up button to create a backup of your information. 4. When the synchronization process is complete, click the Done button. Consider that you may obtain further information by selecting More alternatives (the three vertical dots), followed by More information.
Backups are performed automatically.
When your phone or tablet is charging and connected to a Wi-Fi network, which is the default configuration, your data is automatically backed up once every 24 hours. 2. 2. In addition, the screen must be turned off for at least an hour before continuing. 3. You have the option of selecting which files are automatically backed up as well as how frequently they are kept up. It’s important to remember that if your cloud storage space is totally filled, the material will not be automatically backed up anymore.
- Remember that if this is your first time creating a backup, you may need to pick No backups rather than the standard option No backups.
- More options (the three vertical dots) and Settings are available when you pick More options (the three vertical dots).
- From the drop-down box, pick the Sync and automatic backup choices, and then click on the Auto backup tab to continue.
- By clicking the option next to the programs that you wish to back up, you may configure which settings are automatically saved.
- You may also safeguard your cloud storage account from being accidentally deleted by setting Auto-backup.
Another Method To Backup Samsung Phone
Samsung Smart Switch (Samsung Smart Switch) Backup and transfer of images, data, music, and other forms of vital information from one computer to another are made simple with Smart Switch’s easy-to-use interface. You may also create a backup of the contents on your old Samsung phone on your PC or Mac, which you can then transfer or restore to your new Samsung phone if you so choose.
1. Download the Samsung Smart Switch application.
First and foremost, you must check that your computer meets the minimum requirements for using Smart Switch before you can begin collecting all of your data. After determining whether or not your PC or Mac is capable of supporting Smart Switch operation, you should visit the Smart Switch website and click on Requirements under Overview to determine whether or not your Samsung device is capable of supporting Smart Switch functionality.
As long as you meet all of the requirements, you may download the most recent version of the Samsung Smart Switch from the company’s official website. Install the Samsung Smart Switch application on your device.
2. Make a copy of your Samsung device’s information.
You’ll need to back up your Samsung phone and transfer files from your Samsung phone to your PC or Mac computer as soon as Smart Switch is installed on your computer. 1. Connect your phone to your computer via Wi-Fi or a USB cable, and then choose “Allow” from the settings menu on your Samsung phone. 2. 2. Launch Smart Switch on your computer by browsing to it and selecting “Backup.” 3. Your computer will begin backing up the information on your Samsung phone instantly, which might take a few minutes.
Then hit the “OK” button to confirm your selection.
The place where data is saved by default Whenever you transfer data from your old phone to your computer or Mac, the files are immediately saved in a default place on your computer or Mac (unless you specify a different location).
- Operating systems include Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista, to name a few examples. AppDataRoaming is the location of the application data in Vista: C: Users AppDataRoaming
- (also known as Samsung Smart Switch PC) is a personal computer that was developed by Samsung. Users DocumentsDocuments in Windows 10
- C:Users DocumentsDocuments in Windows 7
- Backup files may be located in the following places on Mac OS X: /Users/ /Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup
- /Users/ /Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/backup
- /Users/ /Documents/Samsung/SmartSwitch/back
Transfer Samsung Backup Data from a Samsung Phone to a Personal Computer (Optional). Make sure that the data types you wish to utilize are supported by Smart Switch on your PC or Mac before starting the upload process. All of your films and images will be available for viewing and enjoyment when you have moved the backup files from your computer to your new phone. In order to guarantee that all of your data are properly moved, first and foremost, turn off or temporarily disable your anti-virus, anti-malware, and other security software on your PC or Mac.
Using the USB cord that came with your new Samsung phone, connect it to your computer as soon as the prompt appears.
Using the Restore button on your computer, pick your backup data from the drop-down box to select specific files to be restored from the backup, if desired.
Once the restoration process is complete, click on the OK box to confirm your decision.
Method 2: Apps should be backed up
One advantage of the iPhone is that apps may be opened from any Home screen. 2. From the drop-down menu, select Settings (optional). 3. After you have scrolled down, the words ‘USER AND BACKUP’ will display. Select Backup and Reset from the drop-down menu. 4. You must be logged into your Google account in order to back up your applications. Take the following measures if they are necessary: Start by picking the appropriate option from the drop-down menu. 2. From the drop-down option, select Add an account to proceed.
4. After logging in or creating a Google account, follow the on-screen instructions. The Backup my data check box can be selected by tapping on it if the backup of your data is required. 5. Select the Backup account check box by tapping on it if it is required.
Method 3: Contacts to have on hand as a backup
Anyone who has not yet been saved to your Google or Samsung account will be saved during the process. Contacts are synchronized in real time across your Google and Samsung email accounts. Instructions on how to manually sync your contacts may be found on this page. On the home screen, there is an option to access Contacts. The menu may be accessed by selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down menu. 3. From the drop-down option, select Merge accounts to complete the operation. Choose one of the following choices from the drop-down menu: OK from the drop-down box will allow you to merge your device contacts with contacts from a Google or Samsung account, respectively.
Method 4: Contacts should be backed up to an SD card.
- All of the Home screens may be used to access apps
- Configuration may be found in the drop-down menu.
- It is possible to find contacts by scrolling down to the ‘APPLICATIONS’ section and touching on it
- ContactsAll contacts can be selected from the drop-down menu if this is required. Make a selection from the Import / Export drop-down menu. From the drop-down option, select Export to SD card as the destination.
- Please make a note of the file name for the contact list that is displayed in the pop-up message box. To complete the export process, click the OK button.
BONUS: For Android Phones
In a similar fashion to Apple’s iCloud, Android has an in-built backup service that routinely backs up stuff such as your device settings, Wi-Fi networks, and app data to Google Drive on a regular basis. In addition, the service is absolutely free, and it does not take up any storage space in your Google Drive storage account. Even though Google’s backup service is embedded into every Android phone, some device makers, such as Samsung, also provide their own backup solutions as an optional extra.
Google’s backup service should be activated by default after you have configured your Android device; however, you should double-check to make sure this is the case before proceeding.
Our Final Thoughts
The transfer of your credentials will have to be done manually if you are acquiring a new phone. So don’t be afraid; Smart Switch makes it simple to move images, files, music, and other critical papers and other forms of information between computers using a single software program. Make assured, however, that Smart Switch may only be used on phones that are running Android 4.3 or iOS 4.2.1 or later versions of the operating system. Apart from that, you may use PhoneTrans to create a backup of all of the files stored on your old Samsung phone.
Frequently Ask Questions
Make a copy of your data for safekeeping. Open the Google One app on your Android phone and sign in with your Google account to begin using the service. Above the screen, you’ll see a section dedicated to storage. You should keep reading until you get to the section about device backups. Select Set up data backup from the drop-down option if this is your first time creating a backup of your phone.
If this isn’t your first phone backup, choose View information from the drop-down option to see the specifics of your previous backup. Select Manage backup from the drop-down menu to see the backup options you have set up. To return to the previous screen, click on the Back button on your keyboard.
Is it possible to back up my Samsung phone to a Google Drive account?
By connecting into your Google account on your Samsung Galaxy mobile device, you can back up your information. Google Backup backs up a variety of data types, including app data, Calendar, Chrome, Contacts, Google Drive (including Gmail), Google Fit, Google Play movies, TV, and music, People information, and Picasa Web Albums, among others.
Is Samsung Cloud Backup a one-time or recurring event?
Check to see that you have Google Photos installed on your Android phone, that backup is enabled, and that the quality setting is set to the one you wish to use before continuing. When you’re connected to Wi-Fi, the app will back up your images and videos to your computer on a regular basis. In exchange for a monthly subscription, Samsung Cloud will supply you with 15GB of free backup storage space.