- 1 Samsung Galaxy A01 Core – Wikipedia
- 2 Samsung Galaxy A01 specs, review, release date
- 3 Samsung Galaxy A01 – Full phone specifications
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A01 Expected Price, Full Specs & Release Date (29th Dec 2021) at Gadgets Now
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A01 Review
- 6 Bright and Bold Display
- 7 Good Call Quality Despite Slow LTE Speeds
- 8 Plenty of Battery Life, Lots of Lag
- 9 Capable Cameras, But Only With the Right Light
- 10 No Future Android Upgrades
- 11 Even at This Price, You Can Do Better
- 12 Galaxy A01 review: Bare-bones smart phone for the budget conscious
- 13 Galaxy A01’s design and display
- 14 Galaxy A01’s camera struggles with portrait shots
- 15 Galaxy A01’s internal storage woes
- 16 Performance is decent with a Snapdragon 439 chipset
- 17 Geekbench v.4.0 single-core
- 18 Geekbench v.4.0 multicore
- 19 3DMark Slingshot Unlimited
- 20 Galaxy A01’s battery life
- 21 Galaxy A01 spec comparison
- 22 The Galaxy A01 checks off the basic boxes of a $150 smartphone
- 23 Samsung Galaxy A01 Price in India, Specifications, Comparison (29th December 2021)
- 24 Galaxy A01
- 25 Pros and Cons Fact at SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 Review – Advantage & Disadvantage Information Review
Samsung Galaxy A01 Core – Wikipedia
As a member of Samsung Electronics’A series of Android smartphones, theSamsung Galaxy A01 Core is a low-costAndroid smartphone made by Samsung Electronics. The phone was revealed in July 2020 and would be available for purchase in August of that year. The phone has a 5.3-inch 720ptouchscreen display and comes pre-installed with One UI 2overAndroid 10Go Edition, among other things. A comparable device, the Galaxy M01 Core, was originally announced in July 2020 and shares some of its characteristics with the Galaxy A01 Core.
In addition, the Samsung Galaxy A01 Core is equipped with a 5.3 inchPLS TFTcapacitivetouchscreen with a resolution of720 x 1480 pixels (311 ppi) and is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor.
The A01 Core is constructed entirely of plastic.
In terms of internal storage, the phone may have either 16GB or 32GB, with either 1GB or 2GB of RAM.
A 3.5 mm headphone jack is also included with the phone.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 Core is equipped with an 8-megapixel back camera that can shoot video at up to 1080p at 30 frames per second, as well as a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
So far, only security updates have been applied to it.
Samsung Galaxy A01 specs, review, release date
Galaxy A phones are available in a variety of configurations, including strong camera phones with huge displays and basic, compact devices for an affordable price. Prepare to be introduced to the Samsung Galaxy A01.
Both strong camera phones with huge displays and basic, compact devices at a cheap price are available in the Galaxy A line. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is about to be unveiled.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 has a 5.7-inch diagonal display on its front panel. HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) is the resolution on this device. From the standpoint of the manufacturer, the matrix is referred as as PLS TFT LCD. It has a broad range of viewing angles.
Some people believe that the Samsung Galaxy A01 is solely useful for making calls and sending SMS. If you take a closer look, you will find that this assertion is untrue. The smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 chipset, which ensures that it performs quickly and smoothly in nearly all situations. Heavy gaming, on the other hand, is not within its capabilities. In such circumstances, the amount of visual content should be restricted to a bare minimum. The Samsung Galaxy A01 comes with 2 GB of RAM, which is provided by Samsung.
With the aid of the Samsung Members app, the user may quickly and easily wipe up the RAM.
Installation of simple applications and a few of games is more than enough.
If you use instant messengers or social networking sites on a frequent basis, you should be prepared to clear the cache on your device. It is preferable to utilize a microSD memory card for storing images, movies, and audio files. The maximum storage capacity is 512 GB.
Are the Samsung Galaxy A01’s photography skills up to par with the competition? The primary camera has a resolution of 13 megapixels and an aperture of f/2.2. It is capable of shooting reasonable photographs for a gadget in this price range. Please feel free to edit and post photographs on social media platforms. In addition, the maker has included a smart HDR mode that automatically corrects photographs taken in more difficult lighting circumstances. A 2-megapixel depth-sensing module comes to the aid of the primary camera in critical situations.
The front-facing camera has a resolution of 5 megapixels.
It has also been tasked with the important responsibility of unlocking the smartphone using its facial recognition software.
It’s also important to emphasize the video recording capabilities, which are in Full HD at 30 frames per second.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 has a low battery capacity of 3000 mAh, but when combined with the device’s energy-efficient screen and current chipset, the user may expect to be able to use it for over two days. There is a 5W charger included in the packaging. When it comes to rapid charging, while the Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 supports the Quick Charge 3.0 standard, this capability is not accessible in the Galaxy A01.
In terms of size, the Samsung Galaxy A01 has a significant advantage over the competition. The smartphone is comfortable to use, it is quick enough, and it has a lot of features.
Samsung Galaxy A01 – Full phone specifications
Versions include: SM-A015F/DS (global), SM-A015G/DS (India), and SM-A015M/DS (North America) (LATAM)
|Network||Technology||GSM / HSPA / LTE|
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100|
|HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 – SM-A015M|
|4G bands||1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 28 – SM-A015M|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps|
|Launch||Announced||2019, December 17|
|Status||Available. Released 2020, January|
|Body||Dimensions||146.2 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm (5.76 x 2.79 x 0.33 in)|
|Weight||149 g (5.26 oz)|
|Build||Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame|
|SIM||Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)|
|Size||5.7 inches, 81.6 cm 2(~78.8% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||720 x 1520 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~294 ppi density)|
|Platform||OS||Android 10, upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.0|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM439 Snapdragon 439 (12 nm)|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×1.95 GHz Cortex-A534x1.45 GHz Cortex A53)|
|Memory||Card slot||microSDXC (dedicated slot)|
|Internal||16GB 2GB RAM, 32GB 2GB RAM|
|Main Camera||Dual||13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), 1/3.1″, 1.12µm, AF2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)|
|Selfie camera||Single||5 MP, f/2.2, 1/5″, 1.12µm|
|Comms||WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot|
|Bluetooth||4.2, A2DP, LE|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS|
|Misc||Colors||Black, Blue, Red|
|Models||SM-A015F, SM-A015F/DS, SM-A015G, SM-A015G/DS, SM-A015M, SM-A015M/DS, SM-A015T1, SM-S111DL, SM-A015V, SM-A015A, SM-A015AZ|
|SAR EU||0.35 W/kg (head)1.56 W/kg (body)|
|Price||$ 64.68 / £ 119.00 / C$ 505.00 / Rp 1,675,000|
Disclaimer. We are unable to guarantee that the information on this website is accurate to the hundredth degree. More information may be found here.
PricingThese are the best offers from our affiliate partners. We may get a commission from qualifying sales.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 takes stunning images that are of great quality. It boasts a fantastic rear camera that is dual-lens. It contains 13 MP, f/2.2, 28mm (wide), autofocus, and is waterproof. It sports a 2 MP camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a depth sensor. It has features such as an LED flash and a microphone. It can record videos in Full HD, and it features a video camera with a single 5 MP sensor. It also includes a video camera, and it takes fantastic selfies.
Samsung Galaxy A01 advantages
The Samsung Galaxy A01 boasts a large, colorful screen, and it includes a capacitive touchscreen with 16 million colors. Because of its small size (5.7 inches, 70.8 cm2 (76.9 percent screen-to-body ratio), it is ideal for playing games, browsing the internet, watching movies, and other activities. It features a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels and a 19.5:9 aspect ratio (with a density of 301 pixels per inch). It appears to be really bright. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is equipped with the most recent version of the Android operating system, Android 10.0; One UI 2.
- It boasts an Octa-core processor (4.95 GHz4.45 GHz), and it provides excellent performance without any delays.
- It has a respectable performance when playing applications.
- It has a lot of RAM (random access memory) and huge memory.
- Samsung Galaxy A01 (Samsung Galaxy A01) The Samsung Galaxy A01 is available in several configurations, including the SM-A015F/DS, SM-A015G/DS, and SM-A015H/DS.
- Four LTE bands are available on SIM 2 and three HSDPA bands are available on SIM 1.
- The Samsung Galaxy A01 will be launched in December of this year.
- The dimensions of the body are 146.3 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm (5.76 x 2.79 x 0.33 in), It is equipped with a dual SIM card (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), It boasts a high-end, visually-impressive design.
It includes a variety of connectivity choices, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, USB, and 3G/4G.
It has a loudspeaker and a microphone.
It is equipped with active noise cancellation and a dedicated microphone.
It is equipped with Bluetooth.
It features an FM radio and a USB 2.0 port.
It provides sensors such as light sensors, accelerometers, proximity sensors, and more.
It comes in a variety of hues, including black, blue, and red.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 has excellent cameras with several functions, and it is capable of capturing stunning photographs without sacrificing any information.
It comes with a high-end graphics processor and a CPU.
It has a large battery capacity, which is excellent. With a high pixel density and a high resolution, the display is extremely clear and bright, and the display is very clear and brilliant. Natural and low-light situations both generate very high-quality images, which are quite rare nowadays.
Samsung Galaxy A01 disadvantages
The Samsung Galaxy A01 is equipped with a limited number of sensors, and it does not support fingerprint recognition for enhanced phone security. It is not equipped with a wireless battery charging system. It is equipped with a non-removable battery. It does not have an infrared interface, nor does it have NFC capabilities for data transfer. It is not equipped with Wi-Fi Direct. A water and dust resistant coating, as well as a temperature and barometer sensors, are not included in the package.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Expected Price, Full Specs & Release Date (29th Dec 2021) at Gadgets Now
The Samsung Galaxy A01 is an upcoming smartphone that offers a fantastic blend of usefulness and elegance in one device. A starting price of Rs 7,990 is expected to be charged for the phone when it is introduced in India on July 24, 2020 (as predicted). You will be able to choose from a variety of color options for this lightweight, slim, and attractive smartphone. The phone is expected to have a stunning 5.7-inch (14.48-centimeter) display with a resolution of 720 x 1520 pixels, which will bring content to life and enhance the viewing experience.
- Apart from that, the next smartphone will include 2 GB of RAM, allowing you to navigate between various programs without experiencing any pauses.
- The Android v10 (Q) operating system is expected to be installed on this future Samsung smartphone.
- Because the phone is likely to have a single camera setup on the back, you will be able to improve your photographic abilities.
- Digital Zoom, Auto Flash, Face identification, and Touch to focus are some of the features that may be available on the rear camera system.
- WiFi – Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Mobile Hotspot, Bluetooth – Yes, Bluetooth v4.2, 4G (supports Indian bands), 3G, and 2G are all expected to be supported by the Samsung Galaxy A01, according to reports.
Also included in this category are light sensors, proximity sensors, and accelerometers on mobile devices. [pagebreak] In terms of size and weight, the Samsung Galaxy A01 is expected to measure 146.3 millimeters by 70.8 millimeters by 8.3 millimeters and weigh roughly 149 grams.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Price In India
The Samsung Galaxy A01 smartphone is expected to cost about Rs 7,990 in India. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is expected to be released in the nation on July 24, 2020, according to reports (Expected). In terms of color possibilities, the Samsung Galaxy A01 smartphone is expected to be available in black, blue, and red.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Review
Despite the fact that Samsung is best recognized for its Galaxy S and Galaxy Note smartphone lines, its Galaxy A series of entry-level and midrange handsets is more cost-effective than those flagship models. The Samsung Galaxy A01 ($149.99) is the entry-level model in the line of smartphones. Unfortunately, the A01 is more about appearance than substance. As a trade-off for the device’s attractive design and brilliant, practically bezel-free display, you’ll have to put up with a frustratingly sluggish processor, limited storage space, and disappointing cameras.
Bright and Bold Display
With just one glance, you’ll be able to tell that the Galaxy A01 is a low-cost smartphone. The fact that it has a plastic casing and a small camera module is a dead giveaway. That is not to imply, however, that it is unattractive. The design of the phone, in fact, has a delightful little phone style that we really like. The Galaxy A01 is a small smartphone that measures 5.8 by 2.8 by 0.3 inches and weighs only 5.4 ounces. It’s the right size to slip into your pocket and light enough to be comfortable to handle for an extended period of time without fatigue.
- Since 1982, PCMag has evaluated and rated hundreds of goods in order to assist you in making more informed purchasing decisions.
- (Submitted by Steven Winkelman) There are no bezels around the 5.7-inch LCD display on the front of the phone, which has a teardrop notch and minimum bezels.
- The screen has a resolution of 1,520 by 720 pixels and a pixel density of 294 pixels per inch.
- The matte black finish of the plastic backplate is available in the United States.
- A small vertical camera module is located in the upper left corner of the backplate, and a monochrome Samsung logo is placed in the top third of the device’s backplate.
- The headphone jack is positioned on the top of the device, while the USB-C charging connector is located on the bottom.
- The buttons are small and thin, but their location makes them easy to reach and recognize when you’re on the go.
- This is due to the fact that the A01 does not have one.
- The phone’s durability is comparable to that of other entry-level smartphones.
Even a few tiny drops and dents are unlikely to cause significant damage, but the display, which does not appear to be constructed of specially reinforced glass, is unlikely to fair as well. As is customary, you’ll want to invest in a high-quality carrying case.
Good Call Quality Despite Slow LTE Speeds
In the United States, Samsung sells two versions of the Galaxy A01: one for Verizon Wireless and another that operates on the networks of AT&T and T-Mobile. Both have a large amount of band support for their respective service providers. Cricket Wireless provided us with a review device, which we tested on the Cricket Wireless network in Chicago. There’s a microSD card slot on the left side of the device for more capacity, which you’ll undoubtedly need. (Submitted by Steven Winkelman) With 2x10mHz carrier aggregation on the downlink and 64-QAM encoding, the poky Snapdragon X6 modem is capable of high-speed data transmission.
- The data transfer rates are dismal.
- If the network is busy, that is extremely sluggish, even for Cricket, and it will almost certainly result in video and audio buffering.
- When turned up to its maximum level of 86dB, the earphone is clearly audible even on crowded city streets.
- The speaker that fires backwards is a disappointment.
- The timbre is brassy, with an overabundance of mid-range and no bottom.
- This is not the phone for you if you want to use your phone to make mobile payments or to purchase transport passes.
Plenty of Battery Life, Lots of Lag
On the hardware front, there are only a few options available. On the inside, the Galaxy A01 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 CPU with 2GB of RAM, and there is 16GB of onboard storage, of which just 3.4GB is available right out of the box. A microSD card, on the other hand, allows you to expand your storage capacity by up to 512GB. When compared to the Motorola Moto e, which is equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor, 2GB of RAM, and 32GB of internal storage, Even with little hands, it is simple to reach the buttons.
- A substantial amount of latency can be felt while tapping on the keyboard or switching between displays.
- See how we put phones through their paces.
- On the same test, the Moto e achieved 248 points (SC) and 781 points (MC).
- A battery with a capacity of 3,000mAh provides you with plenty of screen time.
The A01 managed 10 hours and 14 minutes of battery life in our battery drain test, which streamed HD movies over Wi-Fi at maximum screen brightness. Although there is no rapid charging option, it just takes little more than two hours to fully recharge the battery that has been exhausted.
Capable Cameras, But Only With the Right Light
An f/2.2 wide-angle lens and a 2MP depth sensor are used in the back camera module, which has a 13MP wide-angle lens and an f/2.4 aperture. The front of the device is equipped with a 5MP lens with an f/2.2 aperture. When working in bright light, the Galaxy A01 is capable of shooting photographs that are both pleasing to the eye and useful. The majority of our test images were vivid and had outstanding depth of field, however we did note some loss of fine detail in the background in a few of the shots.
- All of our test images had a flat appearance, with details in the foreground and background being a little blurry.
- (Samsung)Test photographs taken with the selfie camera yielded results that were identical.
- Low-light test images revealed symptoms of very strong noise reduction, with substantial features in the foreground and background being blown out completely.
- In principle, it should function better with the back camera because it has a depth sensor, but we discovered that this was not the case in practice.
- When it comes to the front-facing camera, it performs admirably in well-lit environments, but it struggles to detect objects in low light and intense sunshine.
No Future Android Upgrades
The Galaxy A01 comes pre-installed with Android 10 and One UI 2. Samsung’s own skin for Android introduces a number of novel features, including a navigation menu that is inverted, an upgraded Settings menu, and a suite of productivity applications. There is, however, one notable missing from the list: Easy mode, a feature featured on most Samsung phones that allows users to build a basic user interface that is ideal for youngsters, elderly, and individuals who want less-complicated feature phones, is a wonderful option for those who prefer less-complicated feature phones.
On the Samsung Galaxy A01, a teardrop notch reduces the size of the bezels.
Our testing unit was preloaded with 29 bloatware programs, which took up roughly half of the total storage space available.
Additionally, it seems doubtful that the Galaxy A01 will receive an update to Android 11. Samsung announced three years of software upgrades for the majority of its Galaxy lineup in 2020, however the A01 was not included in the announcement.
Even at This Price, You Can Do Better
Although a $150 phone is often considered to be rather basic, the Samsung Galaxy A01 is nevertheless outperformed by other low-cost smartphones. Sure, it boasts a vibrant display and a long battery life, but it falls short in almost every other area. Its Snapdragon 439 engine sputters on all but the most basic activities, and there’s little capacity on the internal storage for additional applications, even after you’ve gone through the trouble of removing bloatware from the device. The Motorola Moto e outperforms the Samsung Galaxy A01 in virtually every aspect.
In addition, if you’re prepared to wait for carrier or manufacturer deals, the Moto G Poweroutperforms both and can frequently be obtained for a similar or lower price than either.
The Bottom Line
Its attractive appearance, vibrant display, and long battery life are all positive aspects of the Samsung Galaxy A01; yet, they are insufficient to compensate for its sluggish processing and almost non-existent storage. strong>Race to 5G/strong> Subscribe to our newsletter to have our most recent mobile technology news sent directly to your inbox. first published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, last published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:03.000000Z, created at:null, updated at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, first published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, first published at: 2021-09-30 )” x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”> x-show=”showEmailSignUp()”>
Like What You’re Reading?
Galaxy A01 review: Bare-bones smart phone for the budget conscious
The Samsung Galaxy A01 is a no-frills, low-cost Android smartphone that is the most affordable member of the company’s A-series of budget phones. The phone’s bare-bones hardware and features – such as its simple appearance and low-resolution display – aren’t enough to make it worth $150 (though we’ve seen it go for as little as $100 unlocked from Samsung in the past). However, the handset covers the essentials well enough that, given its low price, it should be a respectable device for taking photographs, checking email, watching movies, and, of course, making phone calls Because of its improved camera specifications and new operating system, I favor the Galaxy A01 above the Motorola Moto E6 and Moto G6, both of which are now available for $100 to $150.
Additionally, the G Power’s battery lasted for more than 24 hours during our battery testing, in addition to having a triple back camera system and a crisper display.
Galaxy A01’s design and display
The A01 sports a 5.7-inch liquid crystal display (LCD). While watching videos is acceptable, the phone’s 720p resolution means that I am unable to watch videos at the crisper 1080p quality, which is what many YouTube films are available for viewing. On closer scrutiny, several on-screen symbols (such as the camera) appear to be fuzzier than they should be, and the LCD screen isn’t as brilliant and rich as, for example, the Galaxy A51’s OLED display. The A01 is thin and compact enough to be used with one hand, and it features a teardrop notch for the front-facing camera to keep it appearing contemporary.
This is something to keep in mind: everytime you set your phone down to watch a video, the audio will be somewhat muted by the surface on which it is resting.
The teardrop notch on the Galaxy A01 is a design feature.
Galaxy A01’s camera struggles with portrait shots
Using enough illumination, the Galaxy A01’s camera captures crisp, vivid images, with red and green colours standing out in particular in several photographs. Some of the photographs had the sky overexposed to the point that it was completely white. Later in the evening, I was able to capture a good image of the blue sky, as well as the foreground and subject matter, all of which were equally exposed. The camera includes an 8X digital zoom, which is enough for capturing more details from afar things, but image quality degrades as you zoom in closer to the subject.
- Although some of the photographs turned out well, some others had the foreground or an item blurred away instead of the backdrop, despite the fact that the effect was ready to be used before taking the photographs.
- The camera is capable of recording video at 1080p resolution.
- To View a Larger Version of This Image In this photograph, the flowers are brilliant, colorful, and distinct.
- Image courtesy of Lynn La/CNET Both the sky and its clouds, as well as the foreground, have been effectively caught in this photograph.
Image courtesy of Lynn La/CNET An illustration of the Live Focus function not working (on the left) and operating (on the right) (right). CNET image courtesy of John Kim
Galaxy A01’s internal storage woes
A microSD card will most likely be required for storing your images and movies, as you will most likely be using the Google Photoscloud service instead. The phone only has 16GB of internal storage, with the operating system and applications taking up over half of that space. My review device is from Verizon and comes with a slew of pre-installed applications. When I first switched it on, it had just 4.9GB of useable capacity, despite the fact that I had not yet taken any images or downloaded any of my own programs.
If you need additional storage space, the phone has expandable memory that can accommodate up to 512GB, which is what I recommend.
Angela Lang is a contributor to CNET.
Performance is decent with a Snapdragon 439 chipset
The A01 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 CPU, which allows it to perform well in most situations. There were occasions when I noticed it was faster than the Galaxy A51, which has a more powerful chipset, at things like exiting programs and activating the camera. However, every now and again, I observed that the A01 took a second or two longer to complete tasks, like as launching specific programs (Geekbench 4 especially took a while to launch). It wasn’t enough to make me toss the phone out the window, but if you’re looking for a phone with lightning-fast performance, this isn’t the phone for you.
With their more modern CPUs, more contemporary cheap phones such as the Galaxy A51 and Moto G Power easily outperform the A01 in terms of performance.
Geekbench v.4.0 single-core
Motorola Moto G6740 Samsung Galaxy A01864 Samsung Galaxy A01864 Motorola Moto G6740 Please keep in mind that longer bars signify greater performance.
Geekbench v.4.0 multicore
Samsung Galaxy A013,463Motorola Moto G63,940Samsung Galaxy A013,463Motorola Moto G63,940 Please keep in mind that longer bars signify greater performance.
3DMark Slingshot Unlimited
Samsung Galaxy A01837 (Samsung Galaxy A01837) Samsung Galaxy A512,036 (Samsung Galaxy A512,036 ) 1 789 Motorola G Power (G Power) Please keep in mind that longer bars signify greater performance.
Galaxy A01’s battery life
Samsung Galaxy A01837 (Samsung Galaxy A01837 ). The Samsung Galaxy A512,036 is a smartphone manufactured by Samsung. 1.789 GHz Motorola G Power Aspects to keep in mind: Longer bars signify improved performance
Galaxy A01 spec comparison
|Samsung Galaxy A01||Samsung Galaxy A51 (4G)||Motorola Moto G Power||Motorola Moto G6|
|Display size, resolution||5.7-inch LCD; 1,520×720 pixels||6.5-inch FHD AMOLED; 2,400×1,080 pixels||6.4-inch; 2,300×1,080 pixels||5.7-inch LCD; 2,160×1,080 pixels (18:9 screen ratio)|
|Dimensions (inches)||5.81 x 2.79 x 0.33 in.||6.24 x 2.90 x 0.31 in.||6.29 x 2.98 x 0.38 in.||6.1 x 2.8 x 0.3 in.|
|Dimensions (millimeters)||147.5 x 70.9 x 8.3 mm||158.5 x 73.6 x 7.9 mm||159.85 x 75.8 x 9.63 mm||153.8 x 72.3 x 8.3mm|
|Weight (ounces, grams)||5.32 oz.; 151g||6.07 oz.; 172g||7.01 oz.; 199g||5.9 oz.; 167g|
|Mobile software||Android 10||Android 10||Android 10||Android 8.0 Oreo|
|Camera||13-megapixel (standard), 2-megapixel (depth sensing)||48-megapizel (standard), 12-megapixel (wide-angle), 5-megapixel (macro), 5-megapixel (depth sensing)||16-megapixel (wide-angle), 2-megapixel (macro), 8-megapixel (ultra-wide angle)||12-megapixel (standard), 5-megapixel (depth sensing)|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 439||2.3GHz octa-core processor||Snapdragon 665||Qualcomm Snapdragon 450|
|Expandable storage||Up to 512GB||Up to 512GB||Up to 512GB||Up to 128GB|
|Fingerprint sensor||No||In-screen||Back||Home button|
The Galaxy A01 checks off the basic boxes of a $150 smartphone
CNN— The Galaxy A brand of smartphones from Samsung is a collection of cheap mid-range devices that have gained widespread popularity. The Galaxy A01, on the other hand, is priced at $150, which is on the lower end of the range. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is a bare-bones smartphone with a huge display and a teardrop-shaped notch at the top. It also has two cameras on the back and a respectable CPU within. And with a price tag of $150, it’s all about making concessions, which is the credo of any mid-range product.
- CNN’s Jacob Krol contributed to this report.
- The Galaxy A01 is a rather compact device, comparable in size to the Pixel 4 and iPhone 11 Pro, among other devices.
- In contrast to, instance, the aluminum-alloy construction of the iPhone SE, this is all contained within a plastic casing.
- A plain black paint job on the Galaxy A01 gives it a generic appearance that makes it difficult to distinguish from other smartphones in a crowd.
- On the rear of the Galaxy A01, you’ll discover a silver Samsung logo in the center, right in the middle of the device.
- With a 13-megapixel primary camera sensor and a 2-megapixel depth sensor, the main camera sensor is complete.
- The speaker grille, on the other hand, is located in the bottom right corner of the rear.
The rear is made of matte plastic with a textured surface.
When utilizing the Galaxy A01, you will have no trouble getting a solid grasp on it.
Fortunately, the dark coloration helps to conceal such flaws to some extent.
This smartphone does not cause any hand or wrist pain.
A normal headphone port (which is a pleasant thing to view on a 2020 smartphone) and a microphone are located on the device’s top panel.
You’ll use that connector to charge the 3,000mAh battery that powers the Galaxy A01, as well as to transmit data between the device and your computer.
The Galaxy A51’s 5.7-inch display is not an AMOLED like the Galaxy S20’s, nor is it an OLED like the Galaxy A51’s.
Certainly, it is not the sharpest on the market, and when looking at text closely, there is some fuzziness to be discovered.
Even while we wouldn’t advocate using it to watch Avengers: Endgame, the A01’s display is adequate for everyday use and some light video consumption (such as Tiktok videos).
Finally, we appreciate the teardrop notch on the front of the display, which gives this a vibe of a smartphone from the year 2020.
CNN’s Jacob Krol contributed to this report.
It’s a bare-bones power configuration, just like the design.
Apps and user interfaces can occasionally become unresponsive, but we noticed that this was becoming less and less prevalent a day or two after the first setup.
That processing configuration is responsible for running Android 10, which has a Samsung user interface placed on top of it.
Although there are 16GBs of internal storage, we only used 12GBs due to the pre-loaded apps.
It was rather easy to complete normal everyday operations like as texting or chatting with a third-party app, making calls, and browsing the web on the iPad.
Slowdowns were seen when looking for a certain app, scrolling through a big photo collection, or searching for a specific item in Settings.
It took a few minutes for the applications to load, and they were essentially unusable during that time.
The Underscored standard for testing is GeekBench 5, however that program was not compatible with the Galaxy A01, therefore we settled on GeekBench 4.
It’s on a level with the TCL 10L, and we’re looking forward to putting it to the test against the upcoming Motorola Moto E.
When compared to other smartphones, it is not the best, but it is comparable to other low- to mid-range devices we have examined.
With mild to moderate usage, it easily lasted the entire day without recharging.
The Galaxy A01 lasted for a total of 10 hours, 27 minutes.
In contrast to the TCL 10L, which has a number of lenses on the rear, the Galaxy A01 just has two lenses (and this is more in line with the similar price Moto E).
There is also a 2-megapixel depth lens on the back of the phone that assists with Live Focus, which is Samsung’s version of bokeh effect for photographs.
CNN’s Jacob Krol contributed to this report.
When seen from a distance, the majority of the photographs appeared to be rather nice.
However, it’s a pretty great look for shots of flowers and other natural subjects.
When you zoom close on a particular photo, though, some noise and blur become obvious.
On the video side, the A01 is capable of shooting up to 180pHD video, but it does not have any form of stabilization, either electrical or optical, built in.
The inability to maintain focus is a problem with video as well; it takes a long time to adjust and often fails to maintain it for more than a few seconds.
In terms of quality, it is a standard lens that may be used for selfies; nevertheless, we are not convinced that the results are always Instagram-worthy.
CNN’s Jacob Krol contributed to this report.
More significantly, it meets all of the criteria that a gadget in this price range should be able to fulfill.
Just to varied degrees, to be sure.
From that standpoint, $150 is a good deal, but we’d also recommend looking at theMoto Eand other smartphones at this price range. Please keep in mind that the prices given here are the most recent pricing available from the store at the time of publishing.
Samsung Galaxy A01 Price in India, Specifications, Comparison (29th December 2021)
The Samsung Galaxy A01 smartphone was released on the 18th of December, 2019. The phone has a touchscreen display of 5.70 inches in size. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is powered by an octa-core CPU with 4 cores clocked at 1.95GHz and 4 cores clocked at 1.45GHz, for a total of 16 threads. It has a total of 2GB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy A01 is powered by a 3000mAh battery and operates on the Android operating system. In terms of cameras, the Samsung Galaxy A01 has a 13-megapixel main camera with an f/2.2 aperture on the back and a 2-megapixel secondary camera with an f/2.4 aperture on the front.
The Samsung Galaxy A01 is an Android-based smartphone having 16GB of internal storage that can be increased through a microSD card slot that has been allocated to this purpose.
It was initially available in three colors: black, blue, and red.
The phone is equipped with sensors such as an accelerometer, an ambient light sensor, and a proximity sensor.
* The key feature may differ from the key specification. * Battery life varies depending on a variety of factors, including the network environment, features and apps utilized, the frequency of calls and texts, the number of times the device has been charged, and many more. * User Available Memory: The user memory is smaller than the total memory since the operating system and software used to run the phone’s functions are stored in the operating system and software. The actual amount of user RAM available will vary based on the mobile phone provider and may alter after software upgrades have been made on the device.
- * The following are examples of product images from PDP: The accessories shown in the images are for illustrative reasons only and are not included in the price.
- * The image at the top of the page depicts a simulated Galaxy Note20 Ultra resting facedown for illustrative reasons.
- * S Pen Pro and S Pen Fold Edition are available for purchase individually.
- All other S Pens or stylus pens (including those from other manufacturers) that are not specifically developed for the Galaxy Z Fold3 5G may cause damage to the screen.
The IPX8 rating is based on test circumstances that include submersion in freshwater for up to 30 minutes at a depth of up to 1.5 meters. It is not recommended to go to the beach or swim in the pool. This product is not dust resistant.
Pros and Cons Fact at SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 Review – Advantage & Disadvantage Information Review
The following are some highlights of the positive and negative characteristics of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01:
Some disadvantages of SAMSUNG GALAXY A01:
- The disadvantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 LCD screen are that it is just 5.7 inches in size, which is not very large for somebody who enjoys playing games or watching movies. For users that require a smaller LCD panel, on the other hand, this may be critical. A disadvantage of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is that its screen resolutions are only HD at 720 x 1520 pixels, which means that it cannot be used to watch Full HD movies. The internal memory of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is extremely limited, with just 16 GB available
- This capacity will be used for the operating system and several factory default programs
- This is a significant drawback. Among the many drawbacks of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is the fact that it only has 2 GB of RAM, which is insufficient for multitasking apps. Inconsequentials of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01: The main camera’s aperture is f/2.2, which means that it will perform poorly in low-light scenarios. Disadvantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 include the fact that it continues to require MicroSD cards for data connections and charger connections, although most contemporary smartphones now use USB-C ports
- The disadvantage of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is that the battery is not replaceable, however this is a common occurrence with new smartphones.
Some Advantages of SAMSUNG GALAXY A01:
- Advantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 include the fact that it is already running Android 10.0 as its factory default operating system
- The advantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 include a dual camera on the rear of the body with 13 megapixels for wide-angle photography and 2 megapixels for depth of field photography
- The advantage of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is that it has two SIM card slots, which may be used with various service providers. The advantages of the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 include a dedicated slot for external memory
- The SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 has a 3.5 mm headphone jack, which is useful for people who have old headphones that don’t have Bluetooth connections.
Is SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 worth to buy?
If you have a larger budget, we recommend that you purchase another device; nevertheless, if you have a smaller budget and do not intend to install numerous programs, purchasing the SAMSUNG GALAXY A01 is a good investment. It is discussed in this post about the Samsung a01 pros and drawbacks, Samsung a01 cons, downsides of the Samsung A01, samsung galaxy A02 pros and cons, Samsung A01 views, Samsung A01 complete review, Samsung a01 specifications, Samsung a01 price, and Samsung a01 features. Is the Samsung A01 a good investment?
You may find further information on this subject in our connected post below.