- 1 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE buyer’s guide: Everything you need to know
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: At a glance
- 3 Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE worth buying?
- 4 What do the experts say about the Galaxy S20 FE
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Specs
- 6 How are the Galaxy S20 FE cameras?
- 7 Does the phone offer good battery life?
- 8 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Performance
- 9 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Software
- 10 Competition and alternatives
- 11 Where’s the Galaxy S21 FE?
- 12 Where to buy the phone
- 13 Top Samsung Galaxy S20 FE questions and answers
- 14 Help other readers out
- 15 Samsung Galaxy Cell Phones
- 16 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: What’s different?
- 17 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Specs
- 18 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Price
- 19 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Design and colors
- 20 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Display
- 21 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Cameras
- 22 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Performance
- 23 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Battery life and charging
- 24 Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Bottom line
- 25 Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- 26 The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE brings some flagship specs at a $699 price
- 27 Samsung GalaxyS20 FE 5G
- 28 OS
- 29 Memory
- 30 Display SizeType
- 31 Connectivity
- 32 Processor
- 33 Camera
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE buyer’s guide: Everything you need to know
Imel, David (android authority.com) While fans will find the majority of their desired specifications and features in this device, Samsung is leaving out numerous premium parts of the main Galaxy S20 series, which results in a reduced starting price. Everything you need to know about the Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition is provided in the section below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: At a glance
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (Full HD Display) The Galaxy S20 FE may be seen of as a “best of” collection of the Galaxy S20 series’ best features. It includes the features that Samsung believes its fans desire the most while leaving out the things that fans either don’t care about or would gladly go without if the price were cheaper. Samsung believes its fans want the following features: The standard Galaxy S features are included, including a flagship processor, expandable storage, an IP68 certification, a large AMOLED display, wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare, and a triple-lens back camera with an f/1.9 aperture and an LED flash.
Samsung, on the other hand, has reduced or eliminated a number of functions and design aspects.
In addition, there is no headphone jack, which is a disappointment.
Is the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE worth buying?
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. Samsung’s marketing for the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE makes it plain that the company is targeting a younger demographic with the device. Millennials will like the lowered pricing, color options, and advertising graphics that have been made available. Having said that, you do not have to be under the age of thirty to appreciate this phone. It provides nearly all of the major Galaxy S series features at a far more inexpensive price than the Galaxy S5.
While it’s evident that Samsung is targeting Millennials with this phone, the device is suitable for anybody to use.
As a result, you should expect to see Android 11, Android 12, and perhaps even Android 13.
What do the experts say about the Galaxy S20 FE
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. Android Authority has been sown Eric Zeman wrote a review of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and expressed his appreciation for the Fan Edition. He had a lot of positive things to say about the phone, notably regarding the display, which has a 120Hz refresh rate, the decent performance, the long battery life, and the six various color options that are available. Of course, it isn’t without flaws. The design and construction materials aren’t as sophisticated as those seen on rival flagships, and the cameras don’t live up to Samsung’s reputation as a leader in the imaging industry.
- The Galaxy S20 FE, Eric continues, is difficult to distinguish from the competition in this price range since there are so many options available.
- While the Galaxy S20 FE outperforms the competition in many aspects, there are still certain areas where it falls short.
- For those who are accustomed to stock or stock-like editions of the Pixel or OnePlus’ Oxygen OS, the software appears to be extremely bloated.
- Dhruv Bhutani adds his voice to the chorus of acclaim, stating that the Galaxy S20 FE is the most significant phone Samsung will release in 2020.
- He goes on to say that the Galaxy S20 FE outperforms the competition in the photography category because it is more concerned with image quality than with gimmicks or megapixels.
- Even the battery life is fantastic, more than compensating for the absence of super-fast 30W or 65W charging, which is available on the competitors.
He finishes by stating that the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE democratizes all of the core features of the Galaxy S20 while maintaining a highly competitive price point, which is quite an astounding achievement in the smartphone industry.
What other reviewers from around the web are saying about the Galaxy S20 FE
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. In order to provide you with a more complete image of the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, we’ll take a brief look at what other tech reviews have to say about this device.
- According to Sascha Segan of PC Mag, the Galaxy S20 FE provides the “ideal blend of power and pricing.” Samsung cherry-picked the features that people were asking for and packaged them in a packaging that was relatively inexpensive for them. The Galaxy S20 FE’s cameras aren’t the finest in low-light circumstances, but that doesn’t stop it from being “the best Android phone you can buy for $699,” according to CNET.
- Andrew Hoyle of Cnet describes the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE as “the mid-range phone that can’t be beat.” The camera is one of the key areas where concessions have been made in order to keep the price as low as possible, yet it is still capable of producing some stunning images. This phone, he claims, offers excellent value for money due to its high-end specifications, 5G connectivity, and affordable price tag, without sacrificing the features you’d expect from a flagship. Tom Guide’s Mark Spoonauer praises this device for its high-resolution display, excellent performance, solid cameras, and affordable price tag. He claims that while Samsung has had to make certain sacrifices in order to keep the price low, this does not prevent the Galaxy S20 FE from being “one of the greatest phones available for the money.”
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Specs
|Samsung Galaxy S20 FE|
|Display||6.5-inch flat Super AMOLED Infinity-O cutout, centered FHD+ (2,400 x 1,080) resolution 407ppi 120Hz refresh rate HDR 10+ Gorilla Glass 3 cover|
|CPU||5G models: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 4G models: Samsung Exynos 990|
|GPU||5G models: Adreno 650 4G models: Arm Mali-G77 MP11|
|Storage||128GB or 256GB internal UFS 3.0 microSD support up to 1TB|
|Power||4,500mAh battery 15W wired charging (in-box adapter) 25W wired charging (add’l adapter needed) 15W wireless charging Wireless PowerShare|
|Cameras||Rear: 12MP wide-angle Dual-Pixel, OIS ƒ1.8, 1/1.76in, 1.8μm12MP ultra-wide ƒ2.2, 1/3.06in, 1.12μm8MP telephoto 3x optical zoom, OIS 30x digital “Space Zoom” ƒ2.4, 1/4.4in, 1.0μmFront:32MP (binned to 8MP) ƒ2.2, 1/2.8in, 0.8μm|
|Durability||IP68 rated 1.5m water depth for 30 min.|
|Security||Optical in-display fingerprint|
|Connectivity||5G support (both sub-6GHz and mmWave) 802.11ax/b/g/n/ac Bluetooth 5.0 USB-C with USB 3.2 speeds NFC and MST Samsung Dex support|
|Audio||Stereo speakers Dolby Atmos support No headphone jack|
|Dimensions and weight||74.5 x 159.8 x 8.4mm 190g|
|Colors||Cloud Navy, Cloud Red, Cloud Lavender, Cloud Mint, Cloud White, Cloud Orange|
How are the Galaxy S20 FE cameras?
The Galaxy S20 FE is equipped with a triple-camera system, which is the bare minimum that some customers demand from a modern smartphone. Most people will regard the configuration to be an improvement above what is available with some of the competitor’s macro cameras and depth sensors, which include regular, ultra-wide, and telephoto lenses, among others. The camera app is identical to the one that is accessible on the Galaxy S20 and Galaxy Note 20 series smartphones, as well as on the Galaxy Tab S10.
- Among the many additional features and settings on offer are panoramic, food and night photography; live focus; super slow-mo; hyperlapse; and a powerful professional mode, just to mention a few.
- The Galaxy S20 FE is capable of capturing high-quality images with its camera.
- Despite the good lighting circumstances, the white balance was precise, the focus was clear, and the photos were free of noise.
- The 32MP selfie camera is capable of taking both ordinary and wide-angle photos, as well as standard selfies and portrait pictures.
Does the phone offer good battery life?
Eric Zeman is the founder of Android Authority. When it comes to battery capacity, the Galaxy S20 FE is right up there with the S20 Plus, which has a 4,500mAh battery. A 4,000mAh battery powers the S20, while a 5,000mAh power cell powers the S20 Ultra, which is the most powerful of the two. According to Eric’s evaluation, the phone can easily be used for more than a full day on a single charge. Because of his above-average usage, he was able to get almost seven hours of screen time, with the battery still holding 25 percent of its charge at the conclusion of the day.
You’ll need to purchase the Samsung 25W charger separately, or find a third-party replacement that works just as well.
After 30 minutes, the phone had reached just 30% of the population, followed by 55% after 60 minutes, and 88 percent after 90 minutes.
Wireless charging is a convenient feature to have at any price point, and the S20 FE has 15W of wireless charging capability as standard.
A second signature feature, Wireless Power Share, is retained on the phone, allowing you to charge peripherals such as smartwatches and wireless earphones, and even other phones, if necessary, while using the phone.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Performance
The Galaxy S20 FE keeps a number of high-end features from its flagship siblings, including a fingerprint scanner. The Snapdragon 865 CPU, which is the most essential feature, has been carried over. Although 6GB of RAM is the very minimum for a modern Android phone, the S20 FE’s performance was not hindered in any way by fulfilling the bare minimum RAM requirement. The phone performs well in every situation, with no symptoms of lag, stuttering, or generally poor overall performance. Gaming on the phone is amazing, and watching videos on the phone is a pleasure because to the stunning display.
Despite the fact that the phone outperformed the competition in 3DMark and GeekBench, the phone only outperformed 82 percent of the competition in AnTuTu.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: Software
Imel, David (android authority.com) The Galaxy S20 FE’s user interface is defined by Samsung’s One UI 2.5, which is based on Android 10 and provides the fundamental functionality. Because the same software package has been present on every Samsung flagship since the Note 10 series began in 2014, there isn’t anything new to report. You’ll find many home screens available right out of the box, with the Samsung Daily feed taking up the most of the left-most home screen. The Daily Feed will remain in place until a third-party launcher is developed to allow you to swap it out for Google Discover.
Samsung offers a great deal of flexibility in terms of personalization.
However, those who are used with the default Android experience will still find this to be an overly bloated experience.
The Galaxy S20 FE will receive three big software upgrades, but it would have been good if the phone had shipped with Android 11 out of the box instead of Android 8.
Competition and alternatives
Submitted by Adam Molina of the Android Authority The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is one of several models in the Galaxy S20 series, the most obvious of which is the S20 FE. Those phones will offer many of the same features as their predecessors, while also adding new ones or improving on existing ones. Of course, they will be more expensive — significantly more expensive. In comparison to this device, the lowest-tier Galaxy S20 device has a list price that is $300 more expensive. Samsung, on the other hand, changed things up with its most recent high-end releases, with the regular Galaxy S21 proving to be a fantastic alternative to the S20 FE.
- Another alternative would be the vanillaOnePlus 9.
- OnePlus also ups its camera game with a new cooperation with Hasselblad and delivers features like wireless charging for the first time with the non-Pro variants.
- Related:The best Samsung phones you can get right now Joining the crowd in this price range is thePixel 6.
- It comes with a better camera, and more unique design, and a cleaner software experience.
- TheXiaomi Mi 11isn’t available in the US.
- It hits all the Galaxy S20 FE highlights, like a solid camera setup and excellent battery life, and with a 2021 flagship processor.
You also get useful extras like fast wireless charging and display with a 120Hz refresh rate, but no water resistance. Then there’s also theXiaomi 11T series, which offers a bit less than the flagship Mi 11 lineup but comes in cheaper.
Where’s the Galaxy S21 FE?
Imel, David (android authority.com) Despite the fact that its replacement, the Galaxy S21 FE, has been on the market for more than a year, no announcement has been made about the Galaxy S21 FE. We are unsure whether or not the phone will be launched at this time due to contradicting information that we have come across. According to the most recent speculations, the phone has been postponed and will make its debut in January 2022 instead. Because this hasn’t been confirmed yet, we don’t know what to expect in the future.
Since we anticipate to see the Galaxy S22 series early next year, it’s possible that it will make its debut under a new moniker entirely.
Where to buy the phone
Imel, David (android authority.com) The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is now available for $599 in the United States and is only available in a 5G configuration. You may get an unlocked model from Samsung and other vendors, or you can purchase a locked model via your carrier’s shop. In the case of Verizon, the Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW is an unique edition of the phone available only via the carrier (seriously). A 256GB version of the phone is now available for $670 if you’re willing to spend a little extra money on a phone.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (which stands for “Fan Edition”) is a mid-range smartphone that is suitable if you do not mind a few compromises in terms of performance and design.
- UK In the United Kingdom, there are two types of 5G networks: one that is 4G-only and another that is 5G-plus.
- Similarly, in Europe, the Galaxy S20 FE with only 4G connectivity starts at €659 (about $770), while the 5G variant costs €759.
- India In addition, Samsung introduced the Galaxy S20 FE in India.
- The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has a starting price of 40,990 rupees (about $560).
Top Samsung Galaxy S20 FE questions and answers
Imel, David (android authority.com) Q: Does the Galaxy S20 FE have 5G connectivity? A: Both yes and no. In the United States, only 5G versions are available. They are capable of supporting mmWave and sub-6GHz communications (except for the Verizon model, which only supports mmWave). In the United Kingdom, there are 5G versions as well as 4G-only devices, so be sure you get the proper type! In India, only the 4G version of the service is accessible. Q: Is there a headphone jack on the Galaxy S20 Fan Edition?
- Q: Does the S20 FE have wireless charging capability?
- The charger will charge at a rate of 15 watts.
- Q: Does the S20 FE include a microSD card slot?
- A:Yes, it is capable of supporting a card with a maximum storage capacity of 1TB.
- A:Yes, and they have been tuned by AKG and are Dolby Atmos compatible.
- A:There are many different hues.
- Q: What exactly is contained within the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE’s packaging?
There will be a Galaxy S20 FE, a 15-watt power supply, a USB-C cable, a SIM tool, and all of the typical paperwork included. The Galaxy S20 FE will also allow cable charging at a rate of 25W. You’ll need to purchase an extra adaptor in order to benefit from those speeds.
Help other readers out
822 people voted All of the information regarding the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE has been covered in this article. We’ll keep this article up to date with any fresh information as it becomes available.
Samsung Galaxy Cell Phones
The following items may be required: credit approval; deposit; qualifying service; and, in the case of storeson customer service calls, a $30 aided or upgrade support charge. APR on the equipment installment plan is zero percent. If you discontinue your wireless service, you will be responsible for any outstanding amount on your device. A credit approval is required for the availability and quantity of EIP funding. At the time of purchase, a down payment and unfinanced part are required. The remaining balance is to be paid in monthly installments.
Fees for late or non-payment may be assessed.
The down payment and monthly payments displayed in the examples are for our most creditworthy clients; the amounts for other customers will vary.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: What’s different?
The image is courtesy of Samsung and Future. Between the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and the Galaxy S20, there isn’t a clear winner in terms of performance. Although there are just a few variations between the phones, it is crucial to be aware of these variances. These distinctions will help you choose which of the two options is best for you. In terms of design, the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and the ordinary Galaxy S20 are nearly similar devices. Designed to provide all of the most important features that people look for when buying for the finest phone at a cheap price, theS20 FE is a great option.
- The greatest Android smartphones available right now
- Has Apple met its equal with the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and the iPhone 12? Almost everything about the Samsung Galaxy S22 has leaked so far
A crisper screen and more expensive appearance distinguish the Galaxy S20, which has double the RAM of the Galaxy S10. If you want something more readily pocketable, the S20 also comes with a more compact 6.2-inch chassis as an option. If you have the ability to extend your budget, it’s also worth considering the newer Galaxy S21, which is a far less expensive phone than the S20 was when it was first released. Also, keep an eye out for news of theGalaxy S21 FE, the speculated successor to the S20 FE, which might come in the next few months, and of next year’sSamsung Galaxy S22, which may cause you to rethink if these are the best two phones to consider for your shortlist of contenders.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Specs
|Samsung Galaxy S20 FE||Samsung Galaxy S20|
|Display||6.5 inches (2400 x 1800) 120Hz||6.2 inches (3200 x 1440)|
|Colors||Mint, Navy, Lavender, Red, Orange, White||Gray, Blue, Pink, White|
|Processor||Snapdragon 865||Snapdragon 865|
|Rear cameras||12MP main, 12MP ultrawide, 8MP telephoto (3x zoom)||12MP wide, 12MP ultra-wide, 64MP telephoto|
|Battery||4,500 mAh||4,000 mAh|
|Size||6.29 x 2.93 x 0.33 inches||5.9 x 3 x 0.31 inches|
|Weight||6.7 ounces||5.7 ounces|
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Price
On paper, the Galaxy S20 FE is a clear winner in this contest. With a list price of $699, the Galaxy S20 FE is currently available for as little as $599 on Amazon. The standard Galaxy S20 has a list price of $999, which is $300 more expensive than the premium model.
Shopping around, however, can often reveal the Galaxy S20 on sale for $799 or even less than $700, making it worthwhile to look around. For the most up-to-date savings on the Galaxy S20, visit our offers page.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Design and colors
(Image courtesy of Samsung.) Due to the fact that the Galaxy S20 FE has aluminum sides but a polycarbonate (plastic) back, it doesn’t have the same luxury appearance or feel as the glass Galaxy S20. Furthermore, the bezels on the Galaxy S20 FE are somewhat bigger than those on the Galaxy S20. Despite this, the Galaxy S20 FE offers greater color options, with a choice of six different shades. You may choose from a variety of colors, including mint, blue, lavender, red, orange, and white. The gray, blue, pink, and white color variants are the only ones available for the standard Galaxy S20.
It has dimensions of 6.29 x 2.93 x 0.33 inches and weighs 6.7 ounces, whereas the Galaxy S20 has dimensions of 5.9 x 3.0 x 0.31 inches and weighs 5.7 ounces.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Display
(Image courtesy of Samsung.) The Galaxy S20 FE has a 6.5-inch OLED display with a full HD+ resolution of 2400 x 1800 pixels, which is somewhat bigger than the Galaxy S20. The normal Galaxy S20 has a 6.2-inch screen with 3200 x 1400 pixels, which is smaller but sharper than the Plus model. Both devices provide smooth scrolling and animations, thanks to the Galaxy S20 FE’s 120Hz refresh rate, which is the same as that of the Galaxy S20. In general, we don’t believe most consumers will be bothered by the reduced resolution.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Cameras
(Image courtesy of Samsung.) This is where the comparison between the Galaxy S20 FE and the Galaxy 20 becomes really fascinating. The Galaxy S20 FE, like the Galaxy S20, has a triple-rear camera arrangement, but with a different lens configuration than the latter. In addition to a 12MP primary camera, there is a 12MP ultrawide camera as well as an 8MP telephoto lens with a 3x optical zoom on the Galaxy S20 FE. The Space Zoom (digital) can magnify images up to 30 times. (Image courtesy of Future) The Galaxy S20, on the other hand, is equipped with a 12MP primary camera, a 12MP ultrawide lens, and a crisper 64MP telephoto lens that crops in to provide a 3x optical zoom.
The Galaxy S20 FE boasts a higher-resolution selfie camera at 32MP, as opposed to the Galaxy S20, which has a lower-resolution camera at 10MP.
Several of the main camera functions, including as Night Mode, Super Steady and Single Take, are shared by both the Galaxy S20 FE and the Galaxy S20.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Performance
(Image courtesy of Future) Despite the fact that the Galaxy S20 FE is powered by the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 CPU as the Galaxy S20, the FE only has six gigabytes of memory. Because the normal Galaxy S20 has 12GB of RAM, we would anticipate it to perform better in multitasking situations than the S20 Plus. In the multi-core test of Geekbench 5, which evaluates overall performance, the Galaxy S20 FE achieved a score of 2,928 points.
This is lower than the Galaxy S20, which had a score of 3,147. Despite the fact that both phones arrive with 128GB of storage, you can expand that capacity by up to 1TB using the microSD card slot included on both the Galaxy S20 FE and Galaxy S20.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Battery life and charging
(Image courtesy of Future) In terms of battery capacity, the Galaxy S20 FE boasts a 4,500 mAh battery, which is the same size as the Galaxy S20 Plus. The battery capacity of the Galaxy S20 is reduced to 4,000 mAh. The Galaxy 20 FE lasted 8 hours and 58 minutes on AT T’s network and 9 hours and 3 minutes on Verizon’s network during our web browsing battery test. The Galaxy S20 surprised us by lasting an unexpectedly long 9:31 on T-network, Mobile’s although results may vary depending on the provider.
While the Galaxy S20 FE is capable of charging at a rate of 25W, it only comes with a 15W charger.
Galaxy S20 FE vs Galaxy S20: Bottom line
In the end, the decision between the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and the Galaxy S20 comes down to what you’re looking for in your new phone and how much you’re ready to pay for it. If you’re on a tight budget but still want a huge display, the Galaxy S20 FE appears to be a no-brainer choice. For $300 less, you get virtually the same cameras and performance as the competition, as well as additional color options and a larger battery. The Galaxy S20, on the other hand, continues to be a fantastic option, especially if you prefer a more compact design.
- In particular, if you can locate the Galaxy S20 on sale for less than $700, it’s an appealing option.
- However, you may want to check to see whether the newer Galaxy S21 is still a better option, or you may want to hold out and see what Samsung has in store for us with the S21 FE, which is expected to launch within the next month or two.
- Beyond his role as Tom’s Guide editor-in-chief, Mark has developed a specialization in covering all things mobile, having examined hundreds of smartphones and other devices.
- The former editor in chief of Laptop Mag, Mark’s work has featured in Wired, Popular Science and Inc.
- Follow him on Twitter, where he goes by the handle @mspoonauer.
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G
|Network||Technology||GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G|
|2G bands||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1SIM 2 (Dual SIM model only)|
|CDMA 800 / 1900TD-SCDMA|
|3G bands||HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100|
|4G bands||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 66, 71 – USA|
|1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 20, 26, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 66 – International|
|5G bands||2, 5, 41, 66, 71 Sub6 – USA|
|1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 28, 40, 41, 78 Sub6 – International|
|Speed||HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (5CA) Cat19 1800/200 Mbps, 5G|
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE brings some flagship specs at a $699 price
Samsung already offers three distinct models of the Galaxy S20 smartphone: a standard model, a Plus model, and an Ultra version. Now you can add a fourth to the mix, the Galaxy S20 FE – the FE stands for “Fan Edition.” It’s an S20 with some of the more costly elements removed but preserving some of the critical features that matter. It will be available in a total of six distinct hues. Available October 2nd, it will sell for $699 for the sub-6 model on T-Mobile, AT T, and unlocked and $749 for the mmWave version created for Verizon.
- That places it exactly in between the smaller Galaxy S20 and the bigger S20 Plus.
- However, it differs from those phones in that its screen is fully flat and cannot be cranked up to a Quad HD+ resolution.
- Samsung is selling the color choices heavily: there’s red, orange, lavender, mint, and white.
- The FE, on the other hand, doesn’t scrimp on features or specifications.
- FE users will be unable to take use of Samsung’s higher-megapixel rear camera choices, but so far, those additional megapixels haven’t proven to be the game-changer that Samsung had hoped for at the start of the year.
- In addition, Samsung claims that the telephoto lens has a 3x optical zoom and that the 30x “space zoom” capability would be retained, although one that is controlled more by software than by hardware.
- With the FE, Samsung continues its history of include odd-duck cameras in its lineup, with the selfie camera on the device being 32 megapixels – the same resolution as the selfie camera on the Galaxy A71.
But then the epidemic struck, and Samsung’s S20 event was one of the last that a large number of tech journalists were able to make it to.
The Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is perhaps the first smartphone we’ve seen that was developed in direct reaction to the epidemic, according to Samsung.
Its speedy development is a tribute to Samsung’s ability to turn out new goods at a rapid pace, albeit the fact that it is based on the previously existing S20 definitely helped.
It should be noted that carriers frequently provide discounts on Samsung’s phones, so the S20 FE’s asking price of $699 may not be all that different from the price of a standard S20 at the moment.
So, depending on how things are going with those discounts, you might argue that there is no need to acquire an S20 when the S20 FE is available, or you could argue the inverse of that argument.
Checking to make sure such phones don’t overlap is not an option.
Aside from the ambiguous market positioning, the FE appears to be a highly enticing investment opportunity, at least on paper. More competition in the “premium midrange” category results in higher expectations for both Google and OnePlus in terms of what they can achieve with their next phones.
Samsung GalaxyS20 FE 5G
- Price reductions have been implemented on an irregular basis.
- RD There is no activation fee when you sign up online.
- You deserve a phone that provides industry-leading technology while also allowing you to express yourself in the manner of your choosing.
- This is really unexpected.
With rear lenses that are 12MP Ultra-Wide, 12MP Wide, and 8MP Telephoto, plus a 3X optical zoom, the ideal photograph is only a few taps away! Taking no chances, the selfie camera has a 32MP lens to match the rest of the device. In addition, you may capture everything in 8K quality for video recording.
Single Take AI
With a single press of the camera’s shutter button, numerous photos and video are captured at the same time. Each and every moment is captured to its fullest potential via lenses, effects, and filters.
An intelligent battery that learns from your daily activities in order to optimize power use. It is capable of getting you through a day without failing you. Stream your favorite shows, download and upload files to the cloud, and look through fashion magazines all without receiving the dreaded “low power” notice.
6.29 inches by 2.93 inches by 0.33 inches
- Internal storage of up to 128 GB
- A microSD card slot that can accommodate cards of up to 1 TB in size.
6.5-inch Full HD+ Infinity Display
- 2.4GHz/5GHz wireless connectivity
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type C for charging and headphones
- 5G and 4G LTE compatibility
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5GHz)
Octa-core processor has two 2.8GHz cores, two 2.4GHz cores, and four 1.8GHz cores
When you choose Cricket, you will receive the plans you want and the service you want, allowing you to spend more time doing what makes you happy. Obtain a massive network that covers more than 99 percent of the population of the United States (based on overall coverage in U.S.). Bring your phone number as well as the phone you choose. (The device must be unlocked and compatible with the network in order to be used.) Up until the time when you are ready to activate your Cricket account, you can continue to utilize your present phone service.
There is no credit check.
There is no stress.