- 1 How to set up and manage your Samsung account
- 2 Samsung Account
- 3 A Samsung Account is your gateway to all things SamsungContinue As Guest
- 4 A Samsung Account is your gateway to all things Samsung.
- 5 Sign in to your Samsung Account to Register your Product
- 6 mySamsung – FAQ
- 7 How to Create a Samsung Account for Samsung Apps & More
- 8 How to Create a Samsung Account on Your Computer
- 9 Why Set Up a Samsung Account?
- 10 How to Add a Samsung Account on Your Phone
- 11 What Can You Do With Your Samsung Account?
- 12 Samsung Account Key Features
- 13 Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950F)
- 14 How to Recover a Forgotten Samsung Account Password- Dr.Fone
- 15 Part 1: What is Samsung ID?
- 16 Part 2: Steps to Retrieve Samsung Account Password
- 17 Part 3: What to Do if I forget Samsung Account ID
- 18 Part 4: Retrieving your Samsung ID with your browser
- 19 Other Popular Articles From Wondershare
- 20 Find my Mobile
- 21 Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
- 22 Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
- 23 Do I need a Samsung account if I have a Google Account?
- 24 What if the user chose not to create a Samsung account
- 25 How to Create a Samsung Account?
- 26 How to delete your Samsung account?
- 27 Wrapping up
- 28 Do you need a Samsung account when using Galaxy devices?
- 29 There are other limitations that may not be obvious at first
- 30 Samsung, Microsoft OneDrive, and your privacy
- 31 What data is shared and how is it used?
- 32 To disconnect your Samsung Gallery from OneDrive
- 33 Learn more
- 34 Need more help?
How to set up and manage your Samsung account
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S7’s speed may be increased in a variety of methods, and you can learn more about them on the internet. However, these are some of the most important strategies for increasing the speed of your Android device: The procedures listed above will allow you to boost the speed of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 while also keeping the instrument in like-new condition. Using any of the aforementioned methods, the device will surely live if its user accepts the device as their own. You may use our highlighted approaches to speed up your Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 if you are seeking for a variety of options.
- Click onSettings at the top of the screen, and then onSamsung account. If you already have a Google account, enter your email address or phone number, or choose from the options Find ID, Create account, or Continue with Google. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. In order to sign in or establish an account, simply follow the on-screen instructions. In the case of an existing account, you may be needed to complete two-step verification before you can access your account. You will see your account name appear at the top of the Settings screen when you have successfully signed in
- To manage your account, simply tap yourname. After that, select Profile information. Make your changes by tapping on the information you wish to update. If you want to modify your birth date or chosen nickname, you may do that. If you’d like to update the email address connected with your account, go to the Profile details page and select Email from the drop-down menu. Change the email address by selecting Change and then following the on-screen directions
- In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
A computer is used to create and administer an account. When logging into or creating a Samsung account from a computer, you’ll need to utilize an internet browser to accomplish this. Keep in mind that only one Samsung account may be created for any individual email address.
- Go to the Samsung Login page by clicking here. Enter your login credentials, and then selectSign in to log into your account to complete the process. Alternatively, selectCreate account to create a new account. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. You may also choose Find ID, Reset password, or Continue with Google from the drop-down menu. Choose your profile image from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen once you have logged in. To see your account information, go to My Account > My Account Info. Fill up the blanks with the information you wish to change. SelectSaveat the bottom of the screen after you’re finished to save your modifications. To modify your email address, go to Account settings on your Samsung device. SelectEmail ID from the drop-down menu and follow the procedures
- In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
On a Samsung TV, you may create and manage an account.
- Navigate to and selectSettings on your television, followed by General on your computer
- Select System Manager, and then Samsung Account from the drop-down menu. You may either log in or create a new account on this page. To add your account, follow the on-screen prompts to the letter. Please keep in mind that the email address you provide when signing up will serve as your Samsung account login. If you need to manage your account, go return to System Manager and selectSamsung Account, followed by My Account. You may make any changes you want to your information from this page. In order to verify your identity, an email will be sent to the address you provided to establish that it was you who signed up for the service. If you are experiencing difficulties with the verification email, please refer to the section labeled “Verify your Samsung account by email.”
Please contact Samsung Support if you need to make any changes to your region or nation settings. Take note that changing your country will result in the deletion of your purchase history, as well as information about services such as Find My Mobile, Samsung account (SEMS), Calltext on other devices (including smartphones and tablets), Samsung Cloud, Samsung Apps (Android), Samsung Notes, Samsung Health, Samsung Pay (including Samsung Payment Service), Easy Signup, Gallery, and smart assistant information.
You will get a verification email after registering for a Samsung account, which will assist you in confirming your identity.
- Obtain access to and view the inbox linked with the email address connected with your Samsung account
- You should also check your spam mail box if you can’t find the email in your normal inbox. Open the email from your Samsung account and either click on theAccount Verificationbutton in the email or copy the URL and paste it into your online browser to complete the verification process. Following that, please follow the on-screen steps to complete the verification of your email account. Please keep in mind that if you have various email addresses, you can join up for different Samsung accounts. Each account, on the other hand, is considered as a distinct entity. Despite the fact that the accounts are owned by the same individual, the information on each account is maintained separately.
To avoid being locked out of your Samsung account because two-step verification isn’t functioning, contact Samsung Support for assistance. Accounts with Samsung are now subject to an obligatory two-step verification process. This means that when you log into your account, you will have to do an additional step. After you’ve entered your password, you’ll be prompted to input a security code, which will be sent to the phone number linked with your account if you don’t enter it correctly. You may link your account to up to three different phone numbers at a time.
To sign in, you may alternatively use an authenticator program, such as Microsoft Authenticator, or backup codes, which are also available for download.
You can find out further more about two-step authentication by reading our comprehensive guide.
In addition, the settings menu allows you to select an authenticator app and examine backup codes, which may be used as an alternate method of signing in.
- To begin, you’ll need to visit to the Security settings page, which will need two-step authentication. This website may be accessed using a web browser on your computer or from a smartphone, tablet, or other mobile device.
- Using a phone or a tablet: Navigate to and openSettings, and then press on your name at the top of the screen to confirm. TapSecurity options, and then tapTwo-step verification to enable two-step verification. Enter the password for your Samsung account, and then click OK. Using a web browser, you may do the following: Obtain access to theSamsung Loginpage and log into your Samsung account. Hover your cursor over your profile image and then click on My Account. SelectSecurity from the drop-down menu under My Account Info. Enter the password associated with your Samsung account, click Confirm, and then click Two-step verification.
- Following your arrival at the Security settings page, the procedure is nearly same whether you’re using a mobile device or a PC
- Changing the phone number that receives verification codes may be done by selectingText messages from the drop-down menu. SelectAdd, add your selected phone number, and then selectVerifyorSend code to complete your transaction. A code will be given to the phone number you just entered
- Input the code to verify your identity and complete the registration process. Now, whenever you need to do two-step verification, a code will be delivered to that phone number as well as any other digital devices associated with the same Samsung account. If you have more than one phone number associated with your account, you can delete any that you aren’t currently employing.
- Once you’ve arrived at the Security settings page, the procedure is essentially the same whether you’re using a mobile device or a desktop computer. Text messages may be used to customize which phone number receives verification codes. SelectAdd, add your selected phone number, and then selectVerifyorSend code to complete your purchase. Using the phone number you provided, you will get a code
- Simply input the code to confirm your identity. Then, anytime you need to do two-step verification, a code will be delivered to that phone number and any other digital devices associated with the same Samsung account. The number you are currently using can be deleted if you have more than one number associated with your account.
- Take note that until you have several numbers entered, the Delete and More choices will not show. To alter which registered devices will get a verification code, selectGalaxy device notifications orGalaxy device notifications and then click Save. From the Security settings page, you may send a code to your devices. To enable or disable verification notifications, choose the switch(es)next to the device(s) you wish to monitor. If you choose, you can utilize an Authenticator app instead of the standard two-step verification process. Click on Authenticator app from the Security settings tab and then follow the on-screen steps to link the app. Additionally, you may utilize backup codes to login in to your account as an added layer of protection. To check your current backup codes, go to the Security settings page and selectBackup codes. Codes can be downloaded and new codes can be requested if necessary. Whenever you’re finished, selectDone
- Trusted devices are those that do not require two-factor authentication in order to sign into your account. If you have any security concerns, such as the possibility that your account has been compromised, you can choose Remove all. Remove all devices to completely remove every device that has been designated as trustworthy. Please keep in mind that devices will be added to the trusted devices list once the verification procedure is completed.
The ID for your Samsung account may be found on your phone, tablet, or computer if you’ve forgotten what it was. Then, go to the account retrieval page on the Samsung website and fill in your information before clicking on the Next button. Your Samsung account ID (email address) will be displayed in part on the screen. After that, click on Go to your Samsung account to sign in to your account. If you are still having trouble retrieving your ID, please contact us for assistance. Is it possible that you have forgotten the password to your Samsung account?
- To create a new password, just pick this option from the Samsung Login page’s drop-down menu.
- Navigate to theReset password pageon the Samsung website using a phone, tablet, or computer, and then input the email address or phone number linked with your Samsung account.
- An email will be delivered to your inbox; simply follow the instructions contained inside the email to recover your account password.
- On a computer, you can log out of your Samsung account by visiting the website, but logging out of your Samsung account on a phone or tablet is a little more complicated.
- Some features may be disabled as a result of this action, however you may easily add the account back later if you so choose.
- Using a smartphone or tablet, log out of your account
- Using your phone or tablet, head to and openSettings, then touch yournameat the top of the screen. Sign out by swiping down to the bottom of the screen. Again, tapSign out to sign out, input your account password, and then tapOK
Logging out of a computer or a Mac Use an internet browser if you want to log out of your Samsung account from your computer. Log out by going to theSamsungwebsite, selecting your name in the top right corner, and then clicking onLog Out. Please keep in mind that if you erase your Samsung account from your smartphone, all of your synced data will be wiped from the device, and new data will no longer be synced. All of the data on your smartphone that has not been synced with Samsung Cloud will remain on your device until it is synchronized with Samsung Cloud.
Remember that this information cannot be restored, so make sure you’re sure you want to delete your account before proceeding.
For additional assistance, please contactSamsung Support.
- Log in using your ID and password, and then click on My Account details to see your information. Select theProfilecard and thenSamsung Account settings from the drop-down menu. After selecting Delete account, carefully consider the precautions, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the deletion,
Other answers that might help
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2021. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them. The information and entertainment given in the preceding section is strictly for your enjoyment and informational purposes only.
All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice. Samsung will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use or reliance on the material included herein.
- A Samsung representative from Best Buy will contact you to arrange a time for you to try out the Galaxy S10.
- A Samsung salesperson at Best Buy can arrange for you to have a personal presentation of your next galaxy device.
- Our Samsung agent would want to learn more about you so that they may better help you in the future.
- I accept to receive information from Samsung, including special offers and promotions.
- We look forward to seeing you soon!
- If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+, you will receive a free 6-month subscription to Spotify Premium.
A Samsung Account is your gateway to all things SamsungContinue As Guest
Guests are welcome to request services, but they will be unable to make changes or check the progress of their requests. Continue Your Journey As a Guest
A Samsung Account is your gateway to all things Samsung.
All in one location, you can track your order, register your items, and receive points on eligible purchases. Earn points for every purchase you make. Member-only pricing is available. Purchases made in a wise manner
Sign in to your Samsung Account to Register your Product
There are advantages to registering. Customer Service and Technical Assistance Diagnose troubleshooting and servicing issues more quickly and correctly using this tool. Notifications of recalls Always be on the lookout for safety, system upgrade, and recall announcements. Warranty protection for a longer period of time Improve the efficiency with which you manage warranty status and extension requests. Learn about the Samsung Sweepstakes. To enter to win $5,000 in Samsung Credit, simply register your product on the Samsung website.
With the Shop Samsung App, you can check out quickly and easily.
Alternatively, you may continue buying on Samsung.com. The Samsung Shop application Free standard delivery, exclusive deals, and financing options are all available through the Shop Samsung app. Free standard delivery, special deals, and financing options are all available.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
mySamsung – FAQ
Similar to mySamsung, the Samsung Members app is a useful tool that is intended to help you get the most out of your smartphone. Samsung provides you with excellent device support as well as incredible benefits. Through one-tap live chat*, phone call, and other options*, you may get special tips* from Samsung’s Customer Service professionals and learn more about the company. Get the information you require. A complete FAQ section has been prepared to provide you with the answers you were seeking.
- Maintain the optimal performance of your Galaxy.
- You Will Be Rewarded Benefits such as special event invites and savings on services are available to you.
- Get the newest information about Samsung Galaxy smartphones, as well as helpful hints on how to get the most out of popular Galaxy apps and the tales behind the technologies that make the Galaxy such a great device.
- If you register your Samsung device, you will receive useful suggestions as well as more expedient technical support.
How to Create a Samsung Account for Samsung Apps & More
- Using any web browser, navigate to theSamsung Accountweb page and click Create account
- Go toSettingsCloud and accountsAccountsAdd accountSamsung accountCreate account on your Samsung smartphone. When you sign in to your Samsung account, you will be able to find, wipe, lock, and unlock your phone from anywhere in the world, as well as back up your data and access exclusive apps.
Create a Samsungaccount online or on any Samsungsmartphone by following the instructions in this article.
How to Create a Samsung Account on Your Computer
It is possible to create a Samsung account during the phone’s setup procedure, but it is also possible to do it online from your computer.
- Using any web browser, navigate to theSamsung Accountweb page and click Create account
- Complete the signup form by entering your email address, selecting a password, and filling out some profile information, then click onNEXT to proceed.
Why Set Up a Samsung Account?
Users are encouraged to register user accounts with several smartphone makers, which typically unlock additional features and services. Not only will you have an easy method to access numerous Samsung services, but you’ll also have a quick and simple way to find, shut down, or even wipe your phone if it is ever lost or stolen once you’ve created your Samsung account.
How to Add a Samsung Account on Your Phone
Create a Samsung account on your smartphone by going to theAdd Accountsection of the mainsettings menu. However, although the interface on your Samsung phone may be different than that seen in the pictures below, the processes for creating a Samsung account are the same for all devices.
- Go to the main Settings app on your phone and select Security. Scroll down and choose Cloud and accountsAccounts from the drop-down menu. If your phone currently has a Samsung account associated with it, you must first delete that account before creating another. Select Add account from the drop-down menu. You will be presented with a list of all of the accounts that may be configured on your smartphone. Accounts that are currently active will have a green dot next to them, whereas accounts that are currently inactive will have a grey dot. Choose the Samsung account. If you want to proceed, you must be connected to Wi-Fi or a data network. Create a Samsung account by selecting it on the Samsung account screen. Sign in using your existing Samsung account, such as one that you made on your computer, by entering your account details and tappingSign in. To accept the Terms of Service, press the Next button. Enter the needed information, which includes your email address, password, and first and last name, and then click Create. You may get your account details by going toSettingsCloud accountsAccountsand selecting yourSamsung account. Once your account has been created, make sure that it is set to “Auto sync data” under the Accounts area.
What Can You Do With Your Samsung Account?
You can accomplish all of the above and more with an active Samsung Account:
- Find your phone and turn it on. You can remotely erase, lock, and unlock your phone
- Apps for your phone that are only available through the Samsung Store, such as Pay, Bixby, Samsung Health and Samsung Pass (biometrics)
- Ensure you have a backup of your data and photo gallery.
Enjoy all of Samsung’s services without having to establish or sign in with any extra accounts after you’ve created a Samsung account. Any Android phone will require you to create a Google Account before you can use it. Your Samsung Account is entirely separate from that and provides access to features that are not available anyplace else.
Samsung Account Key Features
Setting up a Samsung account will allow you to access a variety of services on your phone, as well as additional functions on compatible TVs, Samsung Gear, PCs, and other devices.
Find My Mobile
This is one of the most helpful elements of your Samsung account, and you should take use of it. Find My Mobile allows you to register your phone so that it may be found if it is misplaced. In order to locate your misplaced phone, you may remotely lock it, make the phone ring (if you believe it is lost but is still nearby), and even designate a phone number to which calls to your misplaced phone can be diverted. Alternatively, if you believe your phone will not be returned to you, you can remotely erase it in order to remove any sensitive or private data from the device.
Don’t be concerned if you’re the kind that snaps a million photographs but never remembers to save them to your computer. Samsung Cloud automatically backs up your data at regular intervals. Configure your device so that it can sync:
- Events and responsibilities scheduled in the calendar
- Contact information, including phone numbers, email addresses, and business cards
- Photographs, films, and narratives
- Text data that is predicted
- Voice memos, photos, and tasks are all included. Reminders
- Samsung Internet bookmarks, bookmarked pages, and open tabs are all stored on the device. Sign-in details for the Samsung Pass
- Scrapbooks, photographs, screenshots, and site URLs are all acceptable. Action notes, favorites, and categories are kept in a separate file.
Samsung Healthworks serves as your one-stop shop for all things health-related. Additionally, it can sync with running applications to provide you with all of the information you need in an one location, which is particularly useful for keeping track of workouts and water consumption. Despite the fact that there is a lot going on in this app, the overall goal is to put you in control of your health and wellness.
You may use Samsung Healthworks as a one-stop shop for anything health-related. Additionally, it can sync with running applications to provide you with all of the information you need in an one location, which is particularly useful for tracking workouts and water consumption. Even though there’s a lot happening in this app, it’s primary objective is to empower you to take back control of your life and health.
Galaxy Note8 (SM-N950F)
- Front and back views, as well as initial setup and first use Insert a SIM card as well as a MicroSD card
- Remove the SIM card as well as the MicroSD card. It is possible to transfer data from an old phone.
- Add a Samsung Account
- Update My Samsung Account Information
- Add a Google Account
- Add an Email Account
- Remove an Account
- Turn On Account Syncing Options
- Toggle between Widgets and Recent Apps
- Pair Apps to Open in Split Screen
- First Time with Bixby
- Advanced Features Configure the game launcher
- Set up the App Power Monitor
- Turn on or off the Medium Power Saving Mode
- Turn on or off the Maximum Power Saving Mode
- Activate the Emergency Mode
- And more.
- Modify the wallpaper
- Modify the themes
- Obtain new themes
- You may personalize the Always On Display by changing the font size and style, as well as changing the notification sounds.
- Change the shortcuts for your apps
- Enable auto restart
- Change the language
- Change the keyboard settings
- Change the text-to-speech options
- Update software
- Find your IMEI information
- My Files may be accessed and moved
- Apps can be moved to a MicroSD Card
- Change the default storage location
- Format a MicroSD card
- Change the default storage location Make a backup of your data
- Do a factory data reset.
- Downloading apps from the Play Store, updating apps from the Play Store, downloading apps from Galaxy Apps, updating apps from Galaxy Apps, and uninstalling apps are all possible options. Delete the app’s cache and data
- Individual Permissions for Apps can be set
- Make your screen lock work for you
- Turn on fingerprints lock
- Add fingerprints
- Turn on iris lock
- Unlock screen with iris scanner
- Turn on facial recognition
- Unlock screen with facial recognition
- Set up a screen lock
- Join Wi-Fi
- Join with Wi-Fi Direct
- Join Bluetooth Devices
- Join Multiple Bluetooth Devices
- Join Smart View
- Join Location Services
- Join Wi-Fi Direct Connect the Gear Fit2 Pro to your computer.
- Taking a photo
- Sharing a photo
- Taking a selfie or wide selfie
- Recording a video
- Managing camera modes
- Downloading camera modes
- Improving photo quality with HDR
- And more.
- Open the Edge Screen
- Reposition the Edge Handle
- Make use of the Apps Edge
- Make use of the Tasks Edge
- Make use of the People Edge
- Edge Notifications
- Edge Lighting
- Include Weather Information
- Open the Edge Screen
- Make use of Air View
- Open Air Command
- Clip on-screen content
- Create a GIF
- Write on screenshots
- Use the S Pen in Text Input Boxes
- And more. Make a note of it
- Notes should be personalized. Live Message
- Screen-Off Memo with enhanced functionality
How to Recover a Forgotten Samsung Account Password- Dr.Fone
We understand that you may have recently purchased your first Samsung phone or that you may be a long-time customer who is still unfamiliar with the benefits of having a Samsung account. In any case, we will make an effort to get to know you by providing you with information and explaining why you should create a Samsung account. Furthermore, we will walk you through the process of resetting your Samsung account password as well as what to do if you forget your Samsung ID. But first, let’s take a look at the specific benefits that having a Samsung account may provide.
- Part 1: What is Samsung ID and how does it work
- Steps to Recover Your Samsung Account Password (Part 2) The next section is titled “What to Do If I Forget My Samsung Account ID.” Part 4: Using your browser to retrieve your Samsung ID
Part 1: What is Samsung ID?
A Samsung account is a user name and password that you create in order to get the most out of your Samsung products, whether they be tablets, smartphones, or SMART televisions. Following the registration, you will automatically sync and update all Samsung applications without having to do anything more. It’s also important to remember that Samsung is more reliant on the Galaxy Apps store, which requires you to have a Samsung account in order to access it on your phones. Aside from being absolutely free, registering an ID may be accomplished in less than a minute by following a straightforward method.
Part 2: Steps to Retrieve Samsung Account Password
If you have forgotten the Samsung account password that you were using in conjunction with your ID, the first thing you should know is that you need not be concerned. All that is required is that you follow the Samsung account password reset procedure that we have created for you. This occurs more frequently than you may expect. Step 1. Take your Samsung mobile and go to the Apps screen by pressing the Home button. From there, navigate to Settings, then to the General page, where you can choose Accounts and select the Samsung account from the drop-down menu.
- You will be presented with the Forgot your ID or password?
- To do so, simply click on it.
- It is important to note that you cannot use any other e-mail address than the one that is associated with your Samsung ID.
- It is critical that you input it precisely the same way in the field below it.
- When you are certain that you have typed everything correctly, select “Confirm,” and an email will be sent to the address you provided.
- To complete Step 5, you will be required to input the chosen password twice: once to generate it and once more to verify it.
You have successfully completed the Samsung account password instruction after you have clicked on the confirm button. When you forget your Samsung ID, we will show you what you need do in the next section of this guide.
Part 3: What to Do if I forget Samsung Account ID
Sometimes things are a little more difficult, and you’ve lost not only your Samsung account password, but you’ve also forgotten what your Samsung ID is. You should not be concerned because your Samsung ID is nothing more than the e-mail address you used when registering your Samsung account, and there are several methods to recover it; simply follow the instructions in the tutorial we have provided for you. Step 1: Open the Apps screen on your Samsung device by selecting it from the Home screen.
- To access the support area, first go to Account Settings and then to Help.
- Step 2.If you are not utilizing the Samsung Account password reset option, but you still want to recall what your ID was, just click on the Find ID tab to the right of the password reset button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the form.
- Keep your fingers crossed as your smartphone searches through the database once you click on the confirm button.
- Now all you have to do is input your login information and sign into your account.
Part 4: Retrieving your Samsung ID with your browser
You are not need to utilize your device, and you may obtain information about your account from your PC or laptop, including your ID and Samsung password. Place it in the address bar of your web browser as shown in Step 1. When you arrive to the website, click on the Find Email Address / Password link. Step 2.You will be presented with an option between two tabs: Find your e-mail and Find your password. Step 3. In the event that you need to retrieve your Samsung ID, select the first option. After you have completed Step 3, you will be asked to provide your first and last name, as well as your birthdate.
Please be patient while the database is searched for the information you want.
When you have completed the process of regaining access to your Samsung ID and Samsung account password, all that is left is for you to sign in with your data and begin taking advantage of all the perks that come with maintaining a Samsung account.
Installing Samsung Account on your Samsung smartphone might be extremely beneficial in the event of an emergency, theft, or loss of your device. You will also be able to restore all of your data to a new Samsung device if you so want. I recommend that you set up both your manufacturer-specific account (in this example, Samsung) and your Google account correctly before proceeding. If you’re interested in learning more about setting up a Google Account, check out my post “Protect your Device with your Google Account.” Using your Google Account, you can secure your device.
This will get you access to a plethora of Samsung Services, including the following:
- Samsung Pay, Bixby, Samsung Cloud Storage, Find My Mobile, *Samsung Notes, and *Samsung Health are some of the features available.
If you switch to or upgrade to a device that is not manufactured by Samsung, all data stored in the Samsung Notes and Samsung Health applications will be deleted, since these apps will not be compatible with your new device. I’ve switched to using the following alternative apps:
- It is necessary to have a Microsoft Account in order to use One Note. Sports Tracker Premium is a premium version of Sports Tracker (premium maps and no adds) Sport Tracker Premium is available for £14.99 per year (in my area)
Create a Samsung Account
- Go to the Settings menu. Click on Cloud and accounts
- Click on Accounts
- Click on Add account
- Click on Samsung account
- To create an account, choose CREATE ACCOUNT. Please enter your email address and a password. To proceed, use the NEXT button. AGREE to the terms and conditions by selecting them and tapping AGREE
Backup your Phone and Sync your Data
- Open Settings, then Cloud and Accounts, then Samsung Cloud, and then Save. Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Select Settings
- Select Sync Settings
- And then tap OK. Choose the objects that will be backed up
The same method should be followed for the Auto backup settings.
Find my Mobile
Visit the following Web site and log in using any device you choose: As soon as you connect into your account, you’ll be sent to a web page that displays your devices, along with the position of the selected device on a zoomable map: (The map has been distorted to protect the privacy of anyone viewing it.) Find My Mobile integrates all of the services into a single application that can accomplish the following tasks:
- Lock and unlock power down
- Erase data
- Back up
- Retrieve calls/messages
- Extend battery life
- Set a guardian
Google provides a comparable offering with two services: Google Find My Phone and Google Find My Device, both of which are free. Please visit my other essay on Google for more information. There is one significant difference: Samsung Find My Mobile can retrieve your phone’s call history from its memory. For example, when I used the functionality Retrieve calls/messages, only my call record was displayed; no messages were displayed.
You may now unlock your phone, regardless of whether you previously did so. Create a PIN number, input a contact number, and type in a message if necessary. The following will now show on the lock screen of the phone that has been misplaced: By pressing EMERGENCY CALL, the finder can still have access to the emergency information (ICE contacts and personal medical information) that has been saved (See). Once the phone has been returned, the owner will be able to unlock it by entering a PIN number.
Lock Power off
This disables the phone’s “Power off” feature, allowing it to remain turned on and connected at all times.
Backup provides you with the chance to make a last backup of your data (as long as the phone is still powered on and has an internet connection). The following products will be covered by insurance:
|·Phone log·Messages·Contacts (on phone)·Calendar (on phone)·Clock, Settings·Home Screen·Apps·Documents||·Voice Recorder·Music·Calendar·Contacts·Gallery·Memo·Samsung Internet·Samsung Notes|
These can then be restored to a new (Samsung) phone that has been logged in with the same Samsung Account as the original phone that had them.
Please keep in mind that your contacts and calendar items might be kept in a variety of places, including your phone, your Google Account, and your Samsung Account. It is preferable to have everything in one location (i.e. your Google Account).
It is possible to obtain the latest 50 calls. Messages were not obtained when I employed this method, though.
It is possible to retrieve the last 50 calls made. I was unable to retrieve any messages when I utilized this technique.
Sets up selected guardians to conduct the following tasks from a distance:
- Determine the location of your smartphone
- Activate emergency mode
- And ring the device.
After consenting, you must then click on Set guardian a second time and input the Samsung account details of up to three new guardians, with access duration set to “always” or a “custom date range.” Martin’s HelpDesk can assist consumers in getting the most out of their mobile device. If your phone is properly configured, it can help you with your daily tasks more efficiently. We create a bespoke arrangement to suit your specific needs, whether they are for business, travel, sports, or pleasure.
Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
Samsung, Apple, and Huawei are the world’s biggest smartphone manufacturers, and each of these major phone brands has its own set of user profiles. These accounts are being created in order to improve the user experience and integration with their services. The process of creating a new account has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let’s have a look at some additional account-related material later on. When you purchase a new smartphone and turn it on for the first time, it will provide you with “logging in” alternatives such as “log in with its account” or “skip for now.” The vast majority of customers would prefer to skip this step owing to time restrictions or an enthusiasm to check out the new smartphone.
Here, we’ll examine Samsung accounts in particular, and why you should consider getting one.
Are you the one who is debating whether or not to open a Samsung account?
Fun fact: Samsung has a large number of workers, with approximately 236,000 people working for the company.
Why Should You Have a Samsung Account?
What are the benefits of creating a Samsung account? What are the advantages of using it? Because these issues are intertwined, I’d want to discuss them all at the same time. It is likely that many of the customers set up their accounts when they first purchased their Android phones. A select number of people who do not wish to create a Samsung account can log in using their Google mail id instead. You may also be interested in:Is Huawei Better Than Samsung? Interesting tidbit: Sales of the Samsung S3 topped 500 units every minute.
It is not required in the traditional sense, so let’s look at the advantages to assist you decide.
Benefits of a Samsung Account
It is completely free. When you link your data to your Samsung account, the information stored on your phone is automatically backed up to the Samsung cloud. As a result, even if you misplace your phone or something else happens to it, your data will remain safe and secure. In order to access the cloud, the user must have a Samsung account. Another useful feature is Samsung Pay, which comes in handy if your phone is equipped with NFC. Users may send money in a secure manner using this service.
- In addition to being a health app that is frequently used on Samsung watches, Samsung Health also serves to help you keep track of your daily activity and routine.
- It also keeps track of your calories burned and, in the case of women, your menstrual cycle.
- It may be used on both the phone and the television.
- When you make payments using Samsung Pay, you will get reward points in return for your purchase.
- Find my phone: This function assists the user in locating misplaced mobile phones.
- Additionally, if you believe that the security of your phone has been compromised, you can wipe all of your data.
Lock power off is a new feature that stops the phone from being turned off accidentally. If you misplace your phone and need to locate it using a GPS signal, this feature will come in handy. Also see: What is the AR Zone App that can be found on Samsung mobile devices?
Do I need a Samsung account if I have a Google Account?
If you are using a Samsung phone, it is preferable to have a Samsung account because all of the advanced features, including Samsung ID, are active when you do. Additionally, a Samsung account is required for the upgrading and downloading of Samsung applications. Using platforms other than Samsung-approved apps is always a possibility, but the legitimacy of such applications cannot be guaranteed. The level of security provided by Samsung cannot be matched to that of any third-party product.
What if the user chose not to create a Samsung account
If you are using a Samsung phone, it is preferable to have a Samsung account since all of the rich features, including Samsung ID, are active automatically. Also required for upgrading or downloading Samsung applications is a Samsung account. Using platforms other than Samsung-approved applications is always a possibility, but the legitimacy of such applications cannot be guaranteed. When it comes to security, no other company’s product can compete with Samsung’s offering.
How to Create a Samsung Account?
The process of creating a Samsung account is simple if you have previously used a Samsung phone, and if you desire to make an account right now, simply follow the steps outlined below. Open the settings app on your smartphone and select cloud and accounts from the drop-down menu. Accounts may be found by clicking on it, and you can add more accounts by clicking on it. ClickSamsung Accounts and then clickCreate Account to get started. You will be needed to enter your email address and password before proceeding.
- Let’s have a look at it now.
- However, some users are extremely sensitive about revealing personal information, making it difficult for them to comply.
- Consequently, each time fresh data needs to be uplinked, the personal mobile data limit is decreased by a certain amount.
- Because certain applications have a tendency to run in the background, and because you are aware that running an application may utilize drive C, the system may become sluggish.
How to backup your dataUsing Samsung Account?
It is not enough to simply create an account; you must also link your device to the Samsung cloud in order for data to be automatically uplinked. You may proceed with the connection procedure. You must first enter the settings menu. Cloud and accounts may be accessed by clicking on them. Inside, select Samsung cloud from the drop-down menu. Three dots may be found in the top right-hand area of the screen. simply click on that Settings may be found by clicking on the word settings.
Configuration of the clicksync feature To back up your data, you must first pick the objects that need to be backed up. Your device is now connected, and your data is secure. You may also be interested in:European Smartphone Brands You Should Know in 2021
How to delete your Samsung account?
An older generation of Samsung devices offered the option of deleting the account. It is no longer simple to delete your Samsung account using the online interface. Following are the measures to take if you wish to delete your Samsung account from your mobile device. Go to settings-click onaccounts and backu p -selectaccountinside-when you scroll down, you will findSamsung accountdetails-click and selectpersonal information-on the upper right-hand corner, you will find thesign-outoption-click on it and mail verification will be required to sign out of the device.
Delete your account using web
- To log in to your Samsung account, go to the Samsung account page and enter your credentials. Select the profile that contains your information
- Account settings may be found here. The delete account link is located below, and clicking on it will begin the process of deleting your account.
What happens if I Delete my Samsung Account?
In other words, canceling your Samsung account will erase your history, personal data, information saved in connection with that account, subscription, and purchasing history, among other things. Once data has been destroyed, it cannot be recovered. If you still want to remove your account, the next section will be of assistance to you.
In this post, we’ve covered all you need to know about setting up a Samsung account, including the benefits and drawbacks of doing so. As a result, I would recommend that you make an account because it has a number of advantages. If you have any questions or concerns about any procedure or related issue, we are here to assist you. Contact us now. You may read the remainder of the articles by clicking here. Please use the comment box to contact us and one of our staff members will help you. Subscribe to our newsletter to receive the most up-to-date information about technology.
Do you need a Samsung account when using Galaxy devices?
The most recent update was made on May 13th, 2021 at 18:20 UTC+01:00. A new Samsung account or signing into an existing one is often believed to be a part of the set-up process for a new Galaxy device, but is having a Samsung account absolutely necessary? The answer is ‘no,’ it is not, and it is not. The majority of Samsung customers choose to create a Samsung account when setting up their first Galaxy device for a variety of reasons, including the fact that these steps are integrated into the initial setup process in an intuitive manner, and the fact that a Samsung account is required for using certain services and advanced features that are available only through the use of a Samsung account.
Users of Galaxy devices have the option of not logging in with their Samsung account or even skipping the creation of one entirely.
Customers will not be able to use the following services unless they have a Samsung account:
- Samsung Rewards, Samsung Pay, Samsung Members, Samsung Health, Samsung TV Plus, Bixby, SmartThings, and the Galaxy Store are all available from Samsung.
It is possible to download and update apps from the Google Play Store without having a Samsung account, if the user is OK with logging in using a Google account instead of a Samsung account.
There are other limitations that may not be obvious at first
However, even while a Galaxy device owner may be fine with not utilizing any of the aforementioned services, he or she will still face some constraints and will not be able to take use of the full user experience provided by the Samsung ecosystem. Users who do not have a Samsung account will not be able to take advantage of the new connection with Microsoft OneDrive, which means they will not be able to store the contents of their Gallery and My Files folders to a cloud storage service. Similarly, using a Galaxy smartphone without a Samsung account means that services such asFind My Mobile,Samsung Pass, andCallText on other devices will not function correctly.
CallText may be used on different devices.
AndSamsung Pass saves a user’s fingerprints, which may then be used to quickly and securely access compatible applications and websites when they are stored.
Bixby Routines, for example, will operate even if the user does not have a Samsung account, but the AI-based platform will be limited to the creation of manual routines.
The program will not be able to learn from and adapt to the user’s actions. After everything is said and done, you do not require a Samsung account in order to use a Galaxy smartphone, but signing in with one opens the door to a full ecosystem of Samsung services and smart gadgets.
Samsung, Microsoft OneDrive, and your privacy
You can now back up your Samsung Gallery photographs and videos, as well as your MyFiles documents, to OneDrive and login into your Microsoft account using your Samsung account on compatible Samsung devices.
The information in the following sections describes the information you will be exchanging if you opt to link your personal Microsoft and Samsung accounts. The information was sent from Samsung to Microsoft. As a result of connecting accounts, you grant Samsung permission to give Microsoft with the following information, which Microsoft may access, store, and use in compliance with the MicrosoftPrivacy Statement:
- Profile data—this includes your Samsung unique identification, which is used to assist in the verification of your identity
- And other personal information. You may selectively back up your Samsung Services data to OneDrive by selecting the images, movies, and files in your Samsung Services that you want to back up. Samsung Services data includes the photos, videos, and files in your Samsung Services that you pick. Take note that Samsung services like as Gallery and MyFiles are available.
- Data from your profile—this includes your Microsoft account’s unique identifier, which is used to assist in the verification of your identification. A picture of yourself and your contact information will also be provided, but Samsung will not keep or use any of this information. You may back up your Samsung Services data to OneDrive using your OneDrive data, which includes your photos, videos, and files on your OneDrive. This will allow you to selectively back up your Samsung Services data to OneDrive.
To disconnect your Samsung Gallery from OneDrive
The following steps must be taken in order to prevent the Samsung Gallery app from syncing photographs to OneDrive and delete the Samsung data sharing rights from your Microsoft Account: 1. Change the way you sign in to Microsoft.
- Additional security options for your Microsoft Account may be accessed by clicking here. Remove the Samsung account by clicking on it next to it. To access your accounts on your mobile device, click to SettingsAccounts. Scroll down and pick your Samsung account from the drop-down menu. Connected services may be found under Apps and services. Remove your Microsoft account from the list of Linked accounts by clicking the Remove button.
Samsung Gallery and OneDrive are two of the most popular cloud storage services. OneDrive for Android allows you to store images and videos in an automated fashion. What should I do if my Samsung OneDrive bonus is no longer valid? How to troubleshoot issues with the OneDrive for Android app.