- 1 Set up and use Samsung DeX on your Galaxy phone or tablet
- 2 How to use Samsung Wireless DeX on Smart TV (Sony & Samsung) 2021
- 3 Samsung DeX
- 4 How to use DeX on a Samsung TV: control the phone from the TV
- 5 Connecting DeX wirelessly
- 6 Connecting DeX via cable
- 7 DeX compatible phones and televisions
- 8 What is Samsung Dex and How to Use It?
- 9 What is Samsung Dex?
- 10 How to Use Samsung Dex?
- 11 Conclusion
- 12 How to Connect Samsung DeX to TV Wirelessly (Sony & Samsung) 2021
- 13 Samsung DeX Wireless
- 14 Here’s all the TVs that you can use DeX in wireless mode on
- 15 How to Use Samsung’s PC-Emulating DeX Mode on Galaxy Smartphones
- 16 What is DeX?
- 17 DeX-compatible devices
- 18 How to use DeX on a spare monitor
- 19 How to use DeX on a laptop or computer
- 20 How to use DeX wirelessly on a smart TV
- 21 How to use accessories with DeX
- 22 What can you do with DeX?
- 23 The Beginner’s Guide to Samsung DeX
- 24 What is Samsung DeX?
- 25 Which DeX adapter is best?
- 26 How to set up Samsung DeX
- 27 Using DeX with your PC
- 28 Tips for getting started with Samsung DeX
- 29 Getting to know the DeX interface
- 30 Can DeX replace your PC?
- 31 What benefits can DeX bring my company?
Set up and use Samsung DeX on your Galaxy phone or tablet
Please keep in mind that you may also start DeX using a regular USB-C to HDMI converter. The DeX cable is compatible with the Galaxy Note8, Note9, Note10, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G, S8, S9, S10, S20, S21 series phones, the Galaxy Z Fold series, the Tab A, Tab S4, Tab S5e, Tab S6, and Tab S7. The DeX cable is not compatible with the Galaxy Note7. When you use theDeX cable, you may connect your phone or tablet straight to a monitor without the need for any further equipment. To configure DeX, follow the procedures outlined below:
- In order to use the DeX Cable, first connect the USB-C end to the port on the phone or tablet, and then connect the HDMI end of the DeX Cable to the HDMI port on the display. Please keep in mind that if you remove or unplug the HDMI cable, DeX will automatically resume. Please remember to save all changes before removing the cable and, if necessary, unlock your phone before leaving the computer. If it’s your first time using DeX, a popup message will appear on the Home screen of your phone or tablet to welcome you. To gain access to Full Desktop mode, select Continue and then Start from the menu. In the following step, another Samsung DeX popup will show on the phone or tablet – select OK, and then slide down from near top of screen to reveal the Notification panel. The message that reads “Use your phone as a touchpad” should be tapped. You may now use your smartphone to control the cursor on your computer’s screen! Note: You may do basic tasks on your computer using the touchpad that is attached to it, but some movements, such as pinching with two fingers to zoom in, will not be supported. Read the instructions on the monitor and then press the OK button. To scroll in Windows in DeX mode, press and hold the touchpad for a few seconds before dragging the cursor up or down the screen. Using a Bluetooth device to connect directly to Samsung DeX allows you to use a keyboard and a mouse with the device. If you are utilizing a DeX connection, you will not be able to use any wired attachments. On some devices, your monitor will instantly begin screen mirroring whatever is currently displayed on your device. Swiping down from the top of the screen will bring up the Notification panel, which will allow you to switch to Samsung DeX. Tap theSamsung DeXnotification, and then tapSamsung DeX to launch the application. The Samsung DeX mode will be activated on the monitor. Click on the Appsicon in the lower-left corner of the DeX screen, and then pick End DeX to exit the application.
Please keep in mind that some phones and tablets will not fit in the Pad or Station due to their size. With these devices, a DeX cable should be used. Using an aDeX Pad or an aDeX Station, you will be able to complete your research assignment with flying colors. Both items are docking stations, which allow you to place your phone inside. With a DeX Pad, your phone will be able to lay flat on the table, and with a DeX Station, it will be able to stand upright. The beautiful thing about using a DeX Pad or DeX Station is that you can attach connected peripherals straight to it, such as a wired keyboard, which is quite convenient.
- Connect the DeX Pad or Station to the charging adaptor that comes with the phone in order to get it up and running. Then, connect the other end of an HDMI cable to the monitor’s HDMI port. If your phone is protected by a case, make sure to remove it before connecting because it may create connection problems. Afterwards, connect your phone to the DeX Pad or Station
- If necessary, unlock your phone before continuing. If this is your first time utilizing DeX, a popup notification will appear on your phone’s Home screen to inform you of the process. To gain access to Full Desktop mode, first hit Continue, then tap Start on your keyboard. Another Samsung DeX window will display, and you will need to hit OK. Then, from the top of the screen, slide down to see the Notifications section of the screen. The message that reads “Use your phone as a touchpad” should be tapped. You can now use your phone to control the cursor on your computer monitor! Read the instructions on the screen and then press the OK button. Note: You may do basic tasks on your computer using the touchpad that is attached to it, but some movements, such as pinching with two fingers to zoom in, will not be supported. On certain phones, your monitor will begin screen mirroring whatever is being displayed on your phone by default. Swiping down from the top of the screen will bring up the Notification panel, which will allow you to switch to Samsung DeX. Tap theSamsung DeX notice, and then tapSamsung DeX to launch the application. It will automatically switch the monitor over to Samsung DeX mode
- To quit DeX mode, pick theAppsicon in the bottom left corner of the DeX panel, and then selectExit DeX.
Please keep in mind that DeX settings may only be accessible while in DeX mode. Changes made to your desktop computer’s settings will be mirrored in the settings of your mobile device as well. Some configurations, on the other hand, may not be supported. After connecting your phone or tablet to a DeX device, Samsung DeX Settings will be added to the list of settings on your monitor. The Samsung DeX application may be accessed by selectingSettings on the linked monitor and then selectingSamsung DeX.
Allow the exploration to begin!
It is not accessible on Samsung Galaxy tablets at this time.
The new DeX for PC software is similar to the normal DeX mode, but it has a few more functions.
- First and foremost, you’ll want to download the DeX for PC application. On your PC, navigate to the Samsung Dex website and download the appropriate version
- Then, browse to and open the downloaded file, following the on-screen prompts to complete the installation procedure
- After that After the software has been installed and configured, launch the Samsung DeXapp on your PC. Then, using a USB-Ccable, connect your compatible phone to the computer to complete the process. A USB-C to USB-A cable can be used in the event that your computer does not have this connectivity. Wait for the phone to connect for a few seconds
- Once it connects, a DeX window will appear on your monitor. If you want to control anything on your linked phone, such as opening an app, you may do it with the mouse on your computer. Note: You may do basic tasks on your computer using the touchpad that is attached to it, but some movements, such as pinching with two fingers to zoom in, will not be supported. Click on the Appsicon in the lower-left corner of the DeX screen, and then pick End DeX to exit the application.
Here is a list of the cool things you can only accomplish with DeX for PC, and they are as follows:
- To transfer a file from your PC to your phone, just click and drag the file from your PC to the Samsung Dex window. The photographs you’ve copied will display in the Gallery app on your phone. You must, however, ensure that your device’s USB settings are set to Transferring data before proceeding. Send text messages to the contacts on your phone from your computer. Text may be copied and pasted from the phone to the computer and vice versa
- Run up to 5 applications from your phone on your computer at the same time. Apps on your computer will be scaled to provide a more desktop-like experience
In order to ensure that your device is compatible with Samsung DeX on a PC or Mac, you need first ensure that your device matches the following criteria. Specifications for your computer
- Window’s operating system:Windows 10 or Windows 7 SP1 or above, in either 32 or 64 bit configuration
- CPU: Intel® CoreTM i3 processor running at 2.4 GHz or higher, Intel® CoreTM i5 processor running at 2.5 GHz or higher, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx processor or higher
- Hard Disk Space:At least 500MB of free space is required. USB: 1 free USB 2.0 port or 1 free USB 3.0 port
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher, 32 bit or higher
- Macintosh system requirements
- Window’s operating system:Windows 10 or Windows 7 SP1 or above, in either 32 or 64-bit configuration
- Snapdragon 8cx or higher processor, Intel® CoreTM 3 2.4 GHz processor or higher, Intel® CoreTM 5 2.5 GHz processor or higher, Intel® CoreTM i3 2.4 GHz processor or higher
- There should be at least 500MB of free disk space. Requirements for a Mac include: 1 free USB 2.0 port, 1 free USB 3.0 port, and a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.
Windows operating system:Windows 10 or Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or above, 32 or 64 bit; CPU: Intel® CoreTM i3 processor running at 2.4 GHz or higher, Intel® CoreTM i5 processor running at 2.5 GHz or higher, Qualcomm Snapdragon 8cx processor running at or above; Hard Disk Space: At least 500MB of free space is required. USB: 1 free USB 2.0 port or 1 free USB 3.0 port; Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher (32 bit or higher); Macintosh system requirements;
- In order to access the DeXicon on your compatible phone, first slide down from the top of the screen to bring up the Quick settings panel, then hit theDeXicon
- Start by tapping DeX on your TV or monitor, then selecting your TV or monitor from the drop-down menu, and then tapping Start now. It is possible that your TV or monitor will urge you to authorize the connection. On a Samsung TV, pick Allow from the menu. The DeX mode on your television may now be accessed. Use your phone as a touchpad by selecting the touchpad notification from the top of the screen by sliding down from the top of the screen. When connecting to a television or monitor, the following suggestions would be beneficial:
- It is advised that you use your phone and television within a short distance of each other in order to have a seamless wireless connection. Using this method will prevent stuttering and lagging. If your phone’s screen is switched off, remote access to DeX via a Samsung TV may not be as effective as you might expect. You can try turning on the screen on your phone and then reconnecting
- This should work. You may do basic tasks on your computer using the touchpad that is attached to it, but other movements, such as pinching with two fingers to zoom in, will not function. When utilizing DeX, touchscreen screens are not supported.
How to use Samsung Wireless DeX on Smart TV (Sony & Samsung) 2021
If you have a compatible Samsung Galaxy smartphone with an HDMI connection or a USB cable, you can obtain a PC-like experience by connecting your device to a monitor or TV with the original Samsung DeX. However, thanks to a new function known as “Wireless DeX,” you can now wirelessly transfer your productivity to the big screen. There are no additional accessories required, such as a USB cable or an HDMI cable. As a result, you will learn how to utilize the Samsung Wireless DeXon on your television in this tutorial.
All you have to do is connect your mobile device to a monitor or TV that supports Miracast, as well as a keyboard and mouse, and Samsung DeX will automatically run.
One of the most significant new features of OneUI 2.5 is the addition of Wireless DeX. Displaying your phone screen on a supported TV or monitor and then using your phone as a touchpad to control the TV with multi-finger gestures is possible. Additionally, you can swipe up to view recently opened apps, swipe down to return to the home screen, or swipe left or right to switch between apps using this feature. You also have the option of customizing the screen zoom and font size to accommodate different display sizes.
- With a charging cable, learn how to use Samsung DeX on a Galaxy S8, S9, or later on a Windows 10 computer. Instructions on how to use Samsung DeX on a Mac or MacBook
How to Setup Wireless DeX on TV
Unfortunately, not all Galaxy smartphones come with a built-in Samsung Wireless DeX function, which is a disappointment. However, if you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, Galaxy Note 9 or S9 Series, or a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or S9 Series, you may utilize Samsung Wireless DeX on your television. Meanwhile, if you are unable to access the DeX option from the Quick Settings panel, it is advised that you upgrade your Galaxy smartphone to One UI 2.5.
To begin, use your TV remote to navigate to the Source menu and choose Screen Mirroring.
loading=”lazy” src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” srcset=”/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?w=1024 ssl=1 1024w,/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=300 percent” width=” 2C215 ssl=1 300w, 2C215 ssl=1 300w, The following image is available at: /i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=768 percent of the total 2C551 ssl=1 768w,/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=585 percent 2C551 ssl=1 768w,/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505 2C419 ssl=1 585w 2C419 ssl=1 585w ” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px” width=”600px” height=”600px” width=”600px” height=”600px” data-recalc-dims=”1″> The use of a screen mirroring application Pulling down the notification bar on your Samsung Galaxy phone and selecting DeXin the Quick Settings panel are the next steps in this procedure.
- In the Quick Settings window, select DeX from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll see a list of the devices that are currently accessible to connect with.
- Choose a television set.
- By utilizing the Samsung DeX Wireless function, you have successfully linked your Galaxy phone to an Android TV through a wireless connection.
- Step 5.
- Pull down the notification bar and select “Use phone as a touchpad” from the drop-down menu.
- Make use of your phone as a touchpad.
Disable the DeX feature on your Samsung Galaxy phone if it is enabled.
Using a portable device and a television at the same time is called multitasking.
The DeX TouchPad has been enhanced.
Three new gesture types have been added to the TouchPad functionality in the latest release.
Take a look at the most recent features listed below.
This article explained how to utilize Samsung Wireless DeX on any smart TV that supports the Miracast streaming protocol.
Samsung Wireless DeX is a built-in feature on devices such as the Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus, as well as later devices operating on Samsung One UI 2.5. More information may be found at: Using Windows 10, you may wirelessly mirror your laptop screen to a smart TV (such as a Sony or Samsung).
The Samsung Wireless DeX function is not available on all Galaxy smartphones, which is a pity. If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+, Galaxy Note 9 or S9 Series, or a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 or S9 Series, you may utilize Samsung Wireless DeX on your television. Meanwhile, if you are unable to locate the DeX option in the Quick Settings panel, it is advised that you upgrade your Galaxy smartphone to One UI 2.5.
Using Samsung Wireless DeX on your television is simple (One UI 2.5) In this video, we demonstrate how to utilize Samsung Wireless DeX on your television (One UI 2.5) After that, the data-medium-file attribute is set to “ssl=1” and the data-large-file attribute is set to “ssl=” S9Later loading=”lazy” http://www.google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://google.com/search?q=http://go srcset=”/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?w=1024 ssl=1 1024w,/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=300 percent” alt=” The following values are: 2C215 ssl=1 300w, 2C215 ssl=1 300w, The following image is available at: /i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=768 percent of the original image 2C551 ssl=1 768w,/i0.wp.com/shaadlife.com/wp-content/uploads/a 20201012 160505-min-1024×734-1.jpg?resize=585 percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent percent The number 2C419 ssl=1 585w is a placeholder for 2C419 ssl=1 585w.
- 100vw, 600px (max-width: 600px) 100vw, 600px” sizes=”(max-width: 600px) (max-width: 600px)” data-recalc-dims=”1″> Mirroring the screen Pulling down the notification bar on your Samsung Galaxy phone and selecting DeX from the Quick Settings panel are the next steps in this procedure.
- 3rd step A list of available devices to connect with will be displayed to you in this section.
- Choose a television.
- By utilizing the Samsung DeX Wireless function, you have successfully linked your Galaxy phone to an Android TV through Wi-Fi.
- Step 5.
- Activate the notification bar by pulling it down and selecting “Use phone as a touchpad.” To navigate the pointer and access your apps, use yourfinger or the S Pen to direct it.
- Using your Galaxy phone’s DeX feature, disable it.
- Through the usage of Samsung DeX, you will be able to run several programs on both your external display and your mobile device at the same time.
- New gesture styles have been added to the TouchPad functionality with the latest version.
- View the most recent additions, which are detailed in the following section: Coming to a Close Everything has been spoken and done.
- Samsung Wireless DeX is supported by some Samsung Galaxy smartphones, but not all of them, as I said previously.
Obtain further information by clicking on the following link: Windows 10 allows you to wirelessly mirror your laptop screen to a smart TV (such as a Sony or Samsung).
How to use DeX on a Samsung TV: control the phone from the TV
Galaxy Note 8 features Samsung DeX, which is one of the most stunning (albeit less well-known) features of the company’s high-end device. By using this feature, we may create a desktop interface for the material that we have stored on our mobile device, something that Samsung has heavily advertised as a replacement for the traditional PC. DeX, on the other hand, is pretty intriguing to watch on television. Due to the excellent integration between the two devices, we will demonstrate how to utilize DeX on a Samsung Smart TV.
Connecting DeX wirelessly
It is one of the most remarkable (albeit less well-known) features of Samsung’s high-end products, and it is available on the Galaxy Note 8. By using this feature, we may access the contents of our mobile device through a desktop interface, something that Samsung has heavily advertised as a replacement for the PC. But on television, DeX is a fascinating show. Due to the excellent integration between the two devices, we will demonstrate how to utilize DeX on a Samsung Smart TV. You may not be aware of how simple it is to bring your mobile interface to television in a matter of seconds, so please pay attention.
Connecting DeX via cable
Using a cable connection is always an alternative if we do not want to connect DeX wirelessly or if our television does not allow this option for whatever reason. We’ll need an adapter to link the port on our mobile phone to the HDMI cable that we’ll use to connect the phone to the television. A generic Amazon hub was utilized in our example because it did not have to be an officially licensed device. We’ve linked this hub to the mobile device via a USB C cable, and an HDMI cable comes out of the hub, which connects to the television.
The DeX interface will be activated when the mobile device is connected to the Samsung television through HDMI.
DeX compatible phones and televisions
The following are examples of mobile devices that are DeX compatible.
- Galaxy S8
- Galaxy S8 +
- Galaxy S8 Active
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy S9
- Galaxy S9 +
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy S10 +
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy Note10
- Galaxy Note10 +
- Galaxy Note10 5G
- Galaxy Note10 + 5G
- Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 +
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note20
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
In terms of televisions, any Samsung Smart TVs manufactured after 2012 are theoretically capable of supporting Samsung DeX. Samsung, on the other hand, warns that “available devices may vary depending on the nation or location,” so we’ll just have to wait and see if this strategy is effective in our case. If the television is relatively new, there is a strong probability that it will operate without a hitch.
What is Samsung Dex and How to Use It?
Samsung is a globally recognized company that is best known for producing high-quality Android smartphones. What you might not know about Samsung is that the company invests billions of dollars in research and development every year in order to create technology that make our lives simpler. Samsung Dex is the company’s most recent innovation, and it has the ability to essentially transform your smartphone into a computer. In order to simulate a desktop environment, you may connect your Samsung phone to an external monitor using this feature.
In this post, we will provide you with an in-depth introduction to the Samsung Dex as well as instructions on how to utilize it effectively. Follow the links in this page to learn everything you need to know about this groundbreaking technology.
What is Samsung Dex?
In the world of mobile computing, Samsung DEX is a new way of thinking about it that has been developed by the corporation. It enables you to carry out computing tasks without the use of a physical computer. Essentially, DeX transforms your Samsung phone into a processor, allowing you to perform tasks from an external monitor that would otherwise need a laptop or desktop computer. The term DEX is derived from the phrase “Desktop Experience.” On the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices, it was the first to be introduced.
- In addition, it is included in a few of the Galaxy A series smartphones.
- Initially introduced in 2017, Dex required a docking station known as the DeX station, which had USB-C, HDMI, USB, and ethernet connectors in addition to the other ports.
- These enable you to use Dex more freely and continue to use your phone while the Dex is in operation.
- However, what’s more fascinating is that you can now use the Note 10 and other upcoming Samsung smartphones to launch Dex on any actual computer by just connecting them through a USB-C cable.
Samsung Dex Interface
The Samsung Dex interface has been carefully designed to provide you with a comfortable feel and simplicity of operation. It is virtually equivalent to traditional PC operating systems such as Windows, Linux, or iOS, despite the fact that it is powered by Android. You may go through the interface by attaching a mouse or by using your phone as a touchpad to navigate through the menus. An interactive scroll bar, a contextual menu, horizontal navigation, and keyboard shortcuts are all included as is customary in PC interface design.
Furthermore, all of Samsung’s major applications have been optimized for Dex, which means you can expect improved speed when using the internet, email, gallery, and other applications.
How to Use Samsung Dex?
The Samsung Dex is a relatively simple device to set up and use. All that is required is that you ensure that you have the appropriate accessories for the setup. The next sections will inform you about the necessary accessories, as well as provide you with a walkthrough of the setup procedures.
Samsung Dex Requirements
First and foremost, let us recognise the needs of the DEX configuration.
- Smartphone: As previously noted, Samsung Dex is now available for the most recent Galaxy S series phones, ranging from the S9 to the S21 model. It is also available for the Note Series, which includes models ranging from the Note 8 to the Note 20 Ultra. Also compatible with the Z fold series of smartphones and the Samsung Tab S4, S5e, S6, S7 and other tablets. When it comes to setting up Samsung Dex, the good news is that you can use any full HD, HD+, or WQHD monitor with HDMI connectivity. This can even be accomplished with the use of a television or projector. You will now be able to purchase specialist items such as portable monitors and lap docks that have been specifically created for Dex. In the past, the Samsung docking station was necessary for the initial setup of Dex. However, you may now use any compatible USB hub, as well as the Dex HDMI converter, Dex cable, and Dex multiport adapter, to connect to your computer. In order to connect a mouse and keyboard, you must first ensure that you have the Dex multiport adapter or a compatible USB hub with the appropriate number of USB ports.
Setting Up Your Workstation with Samsung Dex
Finally, these are the procedures that you must take in order to configure Samsung Dex:
- At long last, here are the steps you must do in order to configure Samsung Dex:
If you have connected your phone using a Dex cable, be sure to maintain your phone charged by using a wireless charger to keep it connected.
Due to the fact that Dex demands extra processing power, your battery will be depleted quicker.
Using Dex on Smart TV
Additionally, if your smart TV supports Miracast, you may utilize Dex on it. Some of the most recent Galaxy smartphones allow you to use Dex remotely by connecting to a TV or monitor that supports the Miracast protocol. Here’s how to set up wireless Dex using Miracast on a Mac computer:
- A smart TV with Miracast capability may also be used to display Dex. Dex can be used wirelessly on some of the most recent Galaxy smartphones when they’re connected to a TV or monitor that supports the Miracast standard. Using Miracast, you may set up wireless Dex like follows:
That’s all there is to it. Using your phone as a touchpad allows you to navigate through the screen more easily. You may also opt to link the mouse and keyboard to the television in order to be more effective while working.
Using Dex on PC
You may also use Dex on a PC that does not have any peripherals attached to it. Here’s how you can go about it:
- The first step is to download and install Dex for PC on your Windows or Mac computer. As soon as you connect your phone to the PC via the USB C charging connector, Dex should begin to load up automatically. You will be able to view the Dex interface on your PC.
Before anything else, you must first download and install Dex for PC on your Windows or Mac computer. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB C charging cord, and Dex should begin to load up automatically after a few moments. If you are using a PC, you will see the Dex interface;
Samsung Dex may be the next step in the evolution of how Android is used on the desktop. Connecting your Samsung phone to an external monitor and using it as if it were a computer may be accomplished with a single wire. When you are away from your office, such a tool may be really useful in maintaining your level of productivity. When you use a Samsung Dex-enabled phone, you are practically carrying a computer in your pocket all of the time.
How to Connect Samsung DeX to TV Wirelessly (Sony & Samsung) 2021
Do you wish to connect to and utilize Samsung DeX on your smart TV through a wireless connection? If this is the case for you, you have arrived to the correct location. As part of this article, we’ll teach you how to connect your Samsung DeX wirelessly to your smart television. Meanwhile, by connecting their Galaxy smartphone to a monitor through HDMI, consumers may simulate a PC-like experience, which was previously possible with other smartphones. It’s a terrific way to be productive even when you’re not in front of a computer.
With the launch of Samsung DeX wireless, you will no longer be required to purchase additional devices such as a USB C cable or dock.
A great way to share content or show slides from your phone is through wireless DeX on your television.
Samsung DeX Wireless
Samsung DeX, which allows you to use your mobile device to extend it to a larger screen and simulate a desktop environment, is one of the most surprising and useful features available on Galaxy smartphones and tablets today. When your smartphone is connected to a display, you will be able to utilize many applications at the same time and resize windows exactly as you would on a computer. Previously, using DeX to connect your Galaxy phone or tablet to your display necessitated the use of an HDMI converter.
Because of this, the working environment becomes even more pleasant.
Are there any televisions that are compatible with wifi DeX?
Identifying which manufacturers and when they first began producing smart TVs capable of executing this function is significantly more straightforward.
To transmit through WiFi, it is not enough to simply have a WiFi-enabled television; the equipment must also be officially certified for this type of transmission. A list of compatible televisions, or at the very least their distribution according to the date of manufacture, may be quickly compiled.
- When you use a Samsung Galaxy smartphone or tablet, one of the most surprising and handy features is Samsung DeX. This feature allows you to expand your mobile device to a larger screen and create a desktop-like experience. The ability to utilize many applications at the same time and resize windows much as on a PC becomes available whenever your smartphone is connected to an external monitor is enabled. Previously, DeX needed the use of an HDMI converter to connect your Galaxy phone or tablet to your monitor. You may, however, use the newest Samsung mobile devices, such as the Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra 5G, to connect to DeX wirelessly on any display that supports Miracast. Work becomes even more efficient as a result of this. This is effective on Samsung Smart TVs. With wireless DeX, which televisions are compatible? The list of individual models from all brands would be extremely long and difficult to manage. When it comes to smart TVs that can do this function, it is much easier to establish which manufacturers and when they first began producing them. Everything is held together by the Miracast technology, which is essential for these purposes. For a television set to be capable of broadcasting over WiFi, it must first be approved for this type of broadcasting by a third-party organization. A list of compatible televisions, or at the very least their distribution according to the date of manufacture, may be quickly compiled in this manner.
How to Connect Samsung DeX to TV Wirelessly
The following are the procedures to connect to and utilize Samsung DeX wirelessly on your smart TV, such as a Sony Bravia, LG, or Samsung model. Step 1. Using the remote control, navigate to the source menu on your smartTV and selectScreen mirroring from the list. Swipe down twice on the notification panel and tapDeX once you have selected screen mirroring on your TV. Deactivate DeX. Step number three. Select your TV from the list of supported devices and then press the Start now button. Begin right away.
- You’ll now be able to witness the DeX start up wirelessly on your television.
- Step 5: You may even use your Galaxy phone as a trackpad if you so like.
- Make use of your smartphone as a touchpad.
- Deactivate DeX.
- Though it is possible to use your phone as a touchpad, it is preferable to utilize a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse for a more desktop-like experience.
About The Author
I write How-To articles for a living and have a lot of experience. As a tech enthusiast and geek, I enjoy creating and sharing articles about various operating systems, including as Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS, as well as other gadgets, such as a smartwatch and smart TV, that I find interesting and helpful to others.
Here’s all the TVs that you can use DeX in wireless mode on
The best answer:DeX wireless is compatible with a large number of televisions from Samsung as well as other manufacturers such as LG, Sony, TCL, and others. You just want to be certain that you have the correct model number on hand.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ($1,300 at Amazon)
- Precision pixels: Samsung 55″ TU8000 ($498 at Amazon)
- So ultra: Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ($1,300 at Amazon)
- Mirror feeds are available with the Roku Premiere ($39 at Amazon)
What is DeX in Wireless Mode?
TVDeX mode has been available since 2017, but it has needed the use of cables to function – at least up until now. Samsung debuted wireless DeX Mode on theSamsung Note 20 andSamsung Note 20 Ultra, which can be accessed over a Bluetooth connection. If you are unfamiliar with DeX, it is a technology that allows you to carry around a little version of a full-fledged desktop in the palm of your hand, which can then be displayed on a bigger screen such as a monitor or television. This productivity miracle is now a reality, thanks to Samsung and a technology known as Miracast, which eliminates the need for cables.
What is Miracast?
Many people are already aware with the Chromecast method of transferring content from their phone to a television, and Miracast works in a similar way. When it was first introduced in 2012 by the Wi-Fi Alliance, the technology allowed users to wirelessly transfer everything from audio to movies from one approved device to another.
Products that use Miracast for diverse applications include everything from automobile audio head units to speakers and phones to televisions, and they are available in many different colors. DeX in wifi mode takes place in the later of these two cases.
Complete list of TVs that support DeX in Wireless Mode
Although Samsung smart TVs may be more seamless in their integration with Samsung Galaxy Note 20 smartphones, Miracast is a technology that is available to a wide range of television makers — and there are a large number of TVs that support it. Many televisions are equipped with the requisite Wi-Fi to support Miracast, although not all smart TVs have been approved to do so yet. These are the smart televisions that are capable of supporting Miracast and DeX in a wireless configuration. If you don’t have a smart TV but still want to use DeX in wireless mode on your large screen, you may connect a device that supports Miracast, such as an aRoku, to the DeX wireless mode.
Does it all
You can carry a desktop in your pocket. The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra deserves the Ultra title not just because of its large size, but also because of the many outstanding features it offers. This phone is capable of everything, from its stunning screen and lightning-fast speed to its superb cameras and support for DeX in wireless mode.
Allow yourself to be immersed Using the Samsung TU8000, you will be able to enjoy images that are so vibrant and sharp that you will feel as if they are coming to life right in front of you. This excellent image quality also ensures that everything will be visible when using it for DeX applications.
Mirror for a lower price The Roku Premiere allows you to stream video in HD, 4K, and HDR by simply connecting it to the HDMI connection on your television and your home’s Wi-Fi network. Not only that, but it also supports Miracast, which is ideal for those who want wireless DeX. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. More information may be found here.
Keep you money and Samsung Galaxy Note 20 safe with one of a wallet case
When you’re always on the move, it might be challenging to remember everything you need to bring with you with you. Our phone is one item that is almost never forgotten about. In addition to keeping your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 safe, using a wallet cover ensures that your wallet is always close at hand. Here is a list of some of the top wallet cases available on the market.
How to Use Samsung’s PC-Emulating DeX Mode on Galaxy Smartphones
Samsung’s smartphones are jam-packed with unique features, so it’s okay if you’ve missed out on one or two of them. Samsung’s DeX mode, on the other hand, is something you definitely don’t want to miss out on. As a result, Samsung DeX effectively transforms your powerful Galaxy smartphone into a multifunctional desktop computer that can be used as a PC. Simply connect a computer monitor, mouse, and keyboard to your phone and you’re ready to go. In contrast to what you might assume from a gimmick of this nature, Samsung has been steadily enhancing DeX throughout the course of its existence.
Those who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra will be able to connect wirelessly to their smart TV. An overview of how to use Samsung’s DeX mode is provided below.
What is DeX?
Julian Chokkattu is a photographer for Digital Trends. When a suitable mobile device is plugged into a spare monitor, laptop, or computer, Samsung’s desktop software, known as “DeX,” is enabled, according to the company. It transforms your phone or tablet into a full-fledged desktop environment, replete with word editing applications, internet browsers, and other useful tools and features. However, while Samsung DeX is primarily intended for individuals who demand a mobile office, it may be utilized by anybody who has a spare monitor sitting about.
Short and sweet, it’s the convenience of having everything you need in one convenient gadget.
In addition, Samsung DeX on the Galaxy S10 and newer (including the newGalaxy S20 series) is much more convenient, as DeX on those smartphones is capable of triggering within Windows or MacOS, eliminating the need for a separate, spare display.
With the new Galaxy Note 20 series, you can also utilize DeX on your smart TV through a wireless connection.
Andy Boxall, courtesy of DigitalTrends.com Samsung DeX mode isn’t available on every Samsung handset, and it’s mostly limited to the company’s flagship models — which, for some reason, don’t include the Galaxy S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite — and to Samsung’s flagship models exclusively. With Samsung’s DeX mode, the following Samsung phones and tablets are compatible with one another:
- SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 20 Ultra, SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 20, SAMSUNG GALAXY S20 Ultra, SAMSUNG GALAXY S20, SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 10 plus, SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 5G, Samsung Galaxy S10 plus, Samsung Galaxy S10, SAMSUNG GALAXY S10e, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, SAMSUNG GALAXY Note 9, SAMSUNG GALAXY
How to use DeX on a spare monitor
Julian Chokkattu is a photographer for Digital Trends. Connecting your phone or tablet to a spare display and launching Samsung’s DeX mode is as simple as that. Except that it isn’t. DeX mode has undergone a number of alterations over the years, and as a result, there are a number of different ways to access DeX. Find out how to utilize DeX on a monitor with a dedicated dock or just one cable by following the steps in this article.
Connecting with a USB-C cable or hub
It was first launched with the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and the Galaxy Tab S4 and has since become one of the most convenient methods to utilize DeX. In the years thereafter, it has extended to all DeX-compatible devices, making it a viable choice for any of the devices on this list. While connecting via cable is expected to be a popular option because it does not necessitate the purchase of an expensive dock, there are no extra connections for connecting wired devices such as keyboards and mouse, so you’ll be forced to rely on Bluetooth peripherals.
If you want more ports, you may also use a low-cost USB-C hub instead of a cable – but, these can be a bit cumbersome to set up. Using a hub or a cable is the quickest and most convenient method to test out Samsung DeX. How to get it up and running is as follows:
- To begin, double-check that you have the proper cable. Even though Samsung recommends its own DeX cable, HDMI Adapter, andUSB-C Hub for this device, you may use the majority of third-party USB-C hubs as well.
- If you’re going to use a third-party USB-C hub, ensure sure it has both a USB-C connector and an HDMI port on it. DeX will not work until the hub is connected to a fast-charging charger
- Otherwise, the hub will not work.
- Make sure you’re using a monitor that has an HDMI port before you begin. Almost any monitor should be compatible, however not every television will be compatible with DeX
- Ensure that your device and monitor are both connected. It is possible that you may need to remove any protective casings in order for the cable to connect correctly
- DeX should begin immediately.
- For those who don’t see it start immediately, check your notification shade and pick the option for DeX from the drop-down menu. Alternately, make certain that everything is correctly linked. Make sure you’re charging your phone using a fast charger. It should be sufficient to use the charger that came with your smartphone.
- Once DeX has been activated, pull down your notification shade and select Use Your Phone as a Touchpad from the drop-down menu.
Connecting with an official DeX Station/DeX Pad
In the beginning, DeX could only be used with Samsung’s DeX Station andDeX dock. In later versions, with the introduction of the Galaxy S9, the DeX Pad was introduced, which allowed you to use your phone as a trackpad as well. Both of these are no longer necessary, as previously said; nevertheless, you may still make use of them if you chance to come across one that has been specifically designed to take use of them. The DeX Station was designed to work with the Galaxy S8, S8 Plus, and Note 8, and it may have difficulty with newer and bigger smartphones.
What makes you think you’d want to?
Additionally, it is a more visually appealing addition to a workstation than a plain USB-C hub or a single wire.
- Configure the DeX Station or Dex Pad according to your preferences. Make certain that the power cord is securely linked, as DeX will not function properly without it. Make sure you’re using a monitor that has an HDMI port before you begin. Almost any monitor should be compatible, however not every television will be compatible with DeX
- Attach any additional accessories that you want to use to the Station or Pad. Insert your device into the Station or Pad
- Then press the button. Automatic start-up of DeX should be implemented.
- Pull down theNotification Shadeof your smartphone and choose the option forDeXfrom the list if it does not appear automatically. If not, double-check that all of the connections are securely fastened.
How to use DeX on a laptop or computer
Digital Trends photographer Joel Chokkattu Using its latest flagships, Samsung has continued to enhance DeX mode, and it’s even gone so far as to remove the necessity for users to have a replacement monitor on hand. Samsung announced a mechanism to use DeX from within Windows and MacOS with the Galaxy Note 10 andNote 10 Plus smartphones, respectively. This version of DeX was first debuted with theSamsung Galaxy Note 10 range, however it has now been migrated to theGalaxy S10 range, and it is now also available on theGalaxy S20 range, as well as the newGalaxy Note 20 range.
- Connect your device to your computer or laptop using the USB-C cable that came with it. In order to use your DeX for PC device for the first time, you must first download and install the DeX for PC program on your Windows or MacOS device
- It is expected that DeX will start immediately after the software has been loaded and your phone has been linked. DeX may be used either in a window or in full-screen mode after it has been installed and running. While it’s open, you may use your phone to respond to messages and check for new alerts. In addition, you may view files on your phone and move data between the two devices simply dragging between the two windows.
How to use DeX wirelessly on a smart TV
With the introduction of the Galaxy Note 20 series, users will have the ability to use DeX on their smart TV. Generally speaking, most smart TVs that use Miracast are compatible, however you’ll get the greatest experience with Samsung smart TVs produced in 2019 or later. If you’re still not sure, double-check that your smart TV is capable of screen mirroring, and you should be OK. The following is an explanation of how to utilize wireless DeX:
- Turn on the screen-mirroring feature on your smart TV. Pull down the Quick Panel settings on your Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra and choose SamsungDeX from the drop-down menu. The TV you wish to wirelessly connect to should be selected from the list of identified devices. On the Samsung DeX pop-up menu, choose Start Now. Please accept the connection request from your television.
Because the experience of casting from your Galaxy Note 20 or Galaxy Note 20 Ultra to your smart TV is a second-screen one, you may multitask and utilize other applications on your smartphone while the phone powers DeX on your smart TV. As a result, you may watch Netflix on your television while simultaneously sending a text from your phone, or take notes on your Note 20 while simultaneously viewing online courses or documentaries on your television. When you use DeX, you can run up to five applications on your TV at the same time and control them using the upgraded DeX Touch Pad on your phone, according to the company.
The Recents page may be returned to using three fingers, and you can go home with three fingers. You can also swiftly navigate between applications by using three fingers to swipe left or right.
How to use accessories with DeX
In other words, you may multitask and utilize different applications on your phone while the Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra is powering DeX on your smart TV while casting from your Note 20 or Note 20 Ultra to your smart TV. As a result, you may watch Netflix on your television while simultaneously sending a text from your phone, or take notes on your Note 20 while simultaneously viewing online courses or documentaries on your TV. When you use DeX, you can run up to five applications on your TV at the same time and control them using the upgraded DeX Touch Pad on your phone, according to the manufacturer.
The Recents page may be returned to using three fingers, and you can go home with three fingers.
What can you do with DeX?
In a nutshell, you can do whatever you can do on your phone or tablet using Samsung’s DeX mode – but in a desktop environment instead of a mobile one. When you initially start using DeX, you have the option of customizing your display settings to your liking right away. For example, if the image does not scale appropriately to your television, you may use theFit to Screenoption to correct the display problem. The Appsymbol — nine dots grouped in a three-by-three square — is located in the bottom-left corner of your smartphone and may be used to access your device’s apps.
- Samsung also has a number of DeX-optimized programs available in the Galaxy Store, including the Microsoft Office suite, Gmail, and Photoshop Sketch, among others.
- You may rotate everything to landscape mode by clicking theRotatebutton in the top-right-hand corner of the app window if a landscape-optimized version of your program does not yet exist.
- The app icons may be saved right to your desktop, allowing you to access them at any moment with a single click.
- When you right-click on your computer’s screen, you’ll get an option to include this.
- If you don’t have a keyboard connected in, you may press theKeyboardicon to bring up a virtual keyboard on your computer’s display.
- Toggling between DeX view and screen mirroring may be accomplished by selecting the Notificationsmenu.
Screen mirroring is a helpful copy-paste technology that allows you to view a mirror version of what you are seeing on your mobile device on a bigger computer screen by simply copying and pasting the URL.
- The best screen protectors for the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus
- This strange Android tablet on display at CES 2022 transmits data using light
- At CES 2022, TCL will introduce three new TKEE tablets for children. After months of delays, Samsung has finally released the Galaxy S21 FE 5G smartphone. The best Samsung Galaxy Note 20 deals for January 2022 are listed below.
The Beginner’s Guide to Samsung DeX
Samsung DeXpromises to usher in a new age of mobile-powered desktop computing with its innovative design and functionality. Learn what DeX is, how it works, how it can be used to replace your other computing devices, and what benefits it may provide to you or your organization with this tutorial.
What is Samsung DeX?
Samsung DeX is not a piece of hardware; rather, it is a platform that transforms your smartphone into a desktop computing environment for you. Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9/S9+, Note9, S10e, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Galaxy Note 10, and Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus are just a few of the Samsung flagship smartphones that have been released since 2017. Galaxy Tab S4 and Tab S5e tablets, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, are equipped with DeX, which may be used either directly on the tablet’s screen with the keyboard cover or on a connected monitor with an external keyboard and mouse.
- A docking station featuring USB, HDMI, and USB-C connectors was introduced in early 2018 and let customers to utilize their phone as a touchpad in DeX mode while also functioning as a docking station.
- The Note9 was the first device to use the DeX system.
- Samsung announced DeX for PC in August of this year.
- Continue reading for additional information on navigating the DeX interface, but first, let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of each of the three attachments.
Which DeX adapter is best?
The three Samsung DeX adapters that are now available each provide distinct advantages based on where and how you want to utilize the platform. The DeX HDMI adapter, which is small and pocketable, allows you to connect your phone to a regular HDMI connection on your monitor with relative ease. Because there are no more USB ports available for connecting a USB keyboard and mouse, you’ll have to rely on Bluetooth accessories instead. Wireless charging is recommended for longer DeX sessions in order to keep your battery fully charged.
Using DeX in a single place and leaving the wire attached to your display is great if you plan to use it mostly in that spot.
The DeX multiport adapterprovides the greatest amount of freedom when it comes to using DeX because it has a comprehensive set of ports.
The multiport adaptor is also small and lightweight, making it easy to carry around in your pocket.
How to set up Samsung DeX
Once you have your choice adapter or cable, follow these steps to connect your Galaxy smartphone and begin using DeX: Once you have your preferred adaptor or cable, follow these steps to connect your Galaxy smartphone and begin using DeX: 1. If you’re using the DeX cable, make sure it’s connected to the HDMI connection on your display. Connect the HDMI or multiport adapter to your monitor’s normal HDMI cable if you’re using one of these devices. 2. Make sure your keyboard and mouse are connected.
Turn on Bluetooth on your phone and search for your peripherals; then, according to the manufacturer’s instructions, connect them (which often involve holding down a Bluetooth button to make the device visible to your phone).
The charging cable for your phone may be connected to the USB-C port on the multiport adapter, and your Ethernet cable can be connected to the internet jack if you’re using one of its ports.
Connect your smartphone to the adapter using the USB-C connection on the back of your phone.
Using DeX with your PC
The old, original version of DeX is all about providing the power to run a desktop experience without the need for a computer. You can now use DeX with your laptop thanks to the new DeX for PC application, which is available on the Note10. There is no need for an extra adapter while using DeX for PC, since you will just connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB-C charging cord that came with it. You will, however, need to first install the DeX for PC application on your compatible Windows or Mac laptop before you can begin using it.
DeX for PC may be seen in either full screen mode or as a floating window with your laptop’s other apps if you choose.
While working on your laptop, you’ll be able to instantly access all of your mobile alerts and messages, as well as make and receive phone calls, without interrupting your work.
Tips for getting started with Samsung DeX
Making changes to your display settings: When you first load up DeX, you’ll be requested to verify that the desktop is properly shown on your monitor or television. If the corners of the DeX desktop do not fit correctly inside the display, you will need to modify the scale in the settings menu of your monitor or television. This is especially frequent on televisions, where the picture may be customized to a certain aspect ratio. If you choose the “fit to screen” option, you should be all ready to go.
- After connecting your phone to your display, you’ll notice a number of additional choices in your phone’s notifications menu, including the ability to switch between screen mirroring and DeX mode.
- When it comes to productivity work on a larger screen, screen mirroring is handy in some situations, but DeX provides an entirely distinct, perfectly tailored desktop computing experience for productivity work.
- Use your phone as a touchpad: You’ll find the option to use your phone as a touchpad in the notifications menu on your phone as well.
- This is particularly useful if you don’t have a mouse nearby and need to start an application, Powerpoint presentation, or video, as is the case if you’re using DeX in a presenting context.
- Mobile applications can be launched and maximized: All of Samsung’s core applications are designed for DeX, which means you can resize and maximize the programs.
For example, there are dozens of third-party apps that are fully optimized for DeX, including the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Photoshop Lighting, Photoshop Sketch, Gmail and Chrome, as well as BlueJeans, GoToMeeting, and all of the major virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) clients.
Activate DeX Labs as follows: Using DeX Labs, you may gain access to “experimental” features that are not yet officially supported by the company.
To enable the features, open DeX Labs and turn the features on by clicking the DeX logo in the bottom right corner of your screen.
In the future, when you open an app that is not designed for DeX, you’ll be given the option to force resizing the window. This will allow you to see it in a bigger window or even in full-screen mode.
Getting to know the DeX interface
Despite the fact that Samsung DeX is straightforward and has a low learning curve for most Galaxy smartphone users, here are a few ideas to assist you become more comfortable with the interface. We’ll begin at the bottom-left corner of the screen and work our way up through the numerous on-screen options. DeX should be locked or exited: If you need to lock DeX while you are away from your workstation for a moment, tap the DeX logo in the bottom right corner of the screen. You may also use this screen to leave DeX mode or to switch to screen mirroring.
- They will be arranged in the same manner as they appear on your phone.
- Recent, Home, and Back: The other three icons on the bar at the bottom-right of your screen will be recognizable to you.
- Those icons are the same as the recent, home, and back buttons that you’ll find at the bottom of your phone’s screen, and they provide an easy method to switch between apps and return to your desktop.
- Notifications Menu: In DeX mode, you also have quick access to your phone’s notifications menu, which is located on the right side of your screen in the left-most of the three menu bars.
- Menu for Quick Settings: The Quick Settings menu is the next option (the one you normally access by swiping down from the top of your phone).
- To expand the menu and make changes to your preferences, click on the delta symbol.
- You may also launch the usual Settings app in DeX mode if you want to have complete access to all of the settings on your mobile phone.
Can DeX replace your PC?
Despite the fact that Samsung DeX is straightforward and has a short learning curve for most Galaxy smartphone users, here are a few pointers to get you started with the new interface. We’ll begin at the bottom-left corner of the screen and work our way up through the numerous on-screen options. DeX should be locked or exited as appropriate. If you wish to lock DeX while you are away from your desk for a time, tap the DeX logo in the bottom right corner. This is where you may also leave DeX mode and switch between screen mirroring and screen recording modes.
- You may expect them to be grouped in the same manner as they appear on your smartphone.
- Your familiarity with the other three icons on your screen’s bottom-right bar is based on the fact that they are labeled “Recent,” “Home,” and “Back” on your screen.
- As an alternative, you may utilize the shortcuts to the programs that are now open, which display to the right of this menu.
- To view all of your alerts, simply hit the three dots at the top of the screen.
- You can check the remaining battery life, set alarms, and check Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity from this screen as well.
- In addition to the virtual keyboard, volume controls, screen capture capabilities, a search bar, and your calendar are all accessible from the last menu on the far right (just click the date).
You may also open the normal Settings app in DeX mode if you want comprehensive access to all of your mobile phone’s settings.
What benefits can DeX bring my company?
Being able to link everything with a single piece of technology provides a wide variety of benefits for both the individual and the organization. When it comes to the employee, it means using a single device and understanding how to rapidly access all of the information they want without having to traverse through numerous operating system platforms or remember to exchange projects and data from one device to another. Moreover, it implies that the employee may customize the gadget to meet their own requirements, making it far more efficient than utilizing many devices.
However, apart from the immediate cost savings, providing employees with the ability to work from home implies that firms may expect increased efficiency, communication, and production.
Using powerful biometric security and Samsung Knox, our defense-grade security technology that is designed from the chip up to safeguard devices from the minute they’re switched on — you can rest certain that your information is secure.
Mobile computing is already revolutionizing productivity across a wide range of industries, and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) will want to get on board as quickly as possible.
In this brief video, you will learn how to enhance your productivity even more by using Dual Mode for DeX.