- 1 How to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S20
- 2 Samsung Galaxy S20: How to access the power menu
- 3 3 Ways to Power Off Your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra
- 4 How to Turn Off or Restart Your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra
- 5 How to power-off or restart the Samsung Galaxy S20 or S21
- 6 How to turn off Samsung s20? (3 Simple Ways)
- 7 3 Things to do to Restart the Samsung Galaxy S20
- 8 5 Steps in Turning Off the Samsung Phone Through Keys
- 9 3 Steps to Obtain access to the Power Menu Using the Quick Panel
- 10 Bixby Voice’s Unknown Feature
- 11 Here is What we Think
- 12 Frequently Asked Questions
- 13 What happened to the S20 power button?
- 14 without the power button, how can I turn off my Samsung phone?
- 15 How to Turn Off a Samsung S20
- 16 Where Is the Off Button on the Samsung S20?
- 17 How Do I Turn Off My Samsung Galaxy S20 Using the Hardware Buttons?
- 18 How Do I Turn Off My Samsung Phone Without the Power Button?
- 19 How Do You Turn On a Samsung S20?
- 20 How to Change the Side Button Function on a Samsung S20
- 21 How to turn off the Galaxy S20
- 22 How to turn off the S20
- 23 Our top equipment pick
- 24 How to turn off, restart, or reset your Samsung Galaxy S20
- 25 How to restart/turn off the Galaxy S20
- 26 How to turn On / Off Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra • TechyLoud
- 27 How to Turn Off Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra
- 28 How to Reprogram the Samsung S20 ultra Side Button
- 29 How to Power Off / Restart Samsung S20 ultra Via Bixby
- 30 How to Turn On Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra
- 31 About Samsung S20 Ultra
- 32 How to turn off a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without the power button?
- 33 How to turn on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without the Power button?
- 34 How to turn off a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without the Power button?
- 35 How to power on, power off, and restart Galaxy S20?
- 36 Power on Galaxy S20 (turn on, power up)
- 37 Power off Galaxy S20 (turn off)
- 38 Restart Galaxy S20 (reboot Galaxy S20)
- 39 Should I turn on Auto Restart on Galaxy S20?
- 40 Do you have any questions on how to power on, power off, and restart Galaxy S20 for Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra?
How to turn off your Samsung Galaxy S20
When it comes to the Galaxy S20 range, Samsung has made it significantly more difficult to switch off your phone, which is a deviation from the way most Android smartphones operate. This guide will show you how to switch off your Galaxy S20 using the power menu, whether it’s just time for a break or you need to turn it off and on again to fix a problem. By default, the power button on the Samsung Galaxy S20 is really the “side key,” which is a button that may do a variety of duties. While a single tap on the button will switch off your screen, a lengthy press will not bring up the power option.
So, what is the best way to switch off a Galaxy S20?
- In the notification shade, tap the Power Menu symbol to bring up the Power Menu. Long-press the side key to bring the volume down. Change the ‘Side Key’ function on your keyboard.
One of three methods for accessing the power menu and turning off your Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra is to utilize the software button that can be located in the notification tray of your device. This menu is accessed by swiping down from the top of your smartphone, and in the right-hand corner, you’ll notice an icon for the power button. The power menu will appear as a result of tapping this button. Another option you’ll have by default is to just hold down the power button and the volume down buttons for a lengthy period of time.
You may also just modify the purpose of the side key, which is the last option.
If you utilize Samsung’s voice assistant, Bixby, you should be aware that moving the button to reach the power menu will also block access to Bixby.
3 Ways to Power Off Your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, S20 Ultra
Bestusefultips.com was last updated on March 7, 2021. Find out how to turn off or restart your new Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra smartphones in this guide. There are three options for turning off the Galaxy S20 series. To turn off your phone, press the power button and the volume down button at the same time. Change the side key settings as well if you want to turn down your smartphone using the power menu. When you restart your smartphone, it will make advantage of the opportunity to address minor faults and improve the overall efficiency of your phone.
Also see: How to activate the transition to mobile data on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9 Plus (in English).
How to Turn Off or Restart Your Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra
To power on or switch on/off the Galaxy S20 series, use the following configurations.
How to Screenshot Using Hardware Key
Step 1: Press and hold the side key as well as the volume down key until the power menu displays on the screen.
You may see the options to power down, restart, and enter emergency mode. Step 2: Press the power button. Step 3: Press the Power off button once more to turn off your phone.
Quickly Turn Off S20/S20+/S20 Ultra
Step 1:Swipe down the notification panel from the top of the screen and press the Power button one more to confirm the action. Step 2: Press the power button to turn it off. Step 3: Press the Power off button once more to switch off your phone.
Using Side Key Settings
Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu. Step 2:Scroll down and select Advanced features from the drop-down menu. Step 3: Press the onSide key. Step 4: Select the Power off menu option from the Press and Hold menu. The power menu may be accessed by holding down the power button for a few seconds. Step 6: Press the power button. Step 7: Press the power button once more.
Power on Your Samsung S20 Series
To turn on your Galaxy S20 smartphones, press and hold the side key for a few seconds.
Restart Your Samsung S20 Series
Hold down the power and volume down keys for a few seconds. Select Restart from the drop-down menu. That’s all there is to it. If you have any questions about restarting or turning off your Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus, S20 Ultra, or S20, please let us know. If you have any queries, please let us know in the comments section below. Continue to follow us on social media for the latest news and information.
How to power-off or restart the Samsung Galaxy S20 or S21
(Pocket-lint) – a piece of lint found in a pocket. When it comes to the Galaxy S models, there has been a little but major change, and those who purchase the Galaxy S20 or the new Galaxy S21may discover that they cannot figure out how to turn it off. This is due to the fact that it no longer allows a press and hold of the “power” button to activate the power or standby buttons by default – but the side button may still be programmed if you so choose. First and foremost, here’s how to turn off or restart your Samsung Galaxy S20 or S21 model computer:
- Swipe down the quick settings window and you’ll find a power icon at the bottom of the screen. Selecting that symbol will bring up the options to power down or restart your computer.
As you can see, it’s straightforward if you know where to look. However, that is just an option for software. There is also the option to turn off the hardware. Simply press and hold the side button and the volume down button together until you see the same power choices menu as before. If your phone has crashed or become unresponsive, the same hardware solution will work: press and hold the side button and the volume down button for 10 seconds until the phone responds. You should get a slight buzzing sensation, and your phone will reset.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to do that, or if you want to restore the power options that you had on prior Samsung devices, doing so is straightforward:
- To get to the power screen, follow the procedures outlined above. Towards the bottom of the page, select “side key configurations”
- Choose what you want the button to accomplish for you.
Pressing and holding (the old-fashioned technique of shutting off your phone) as well as a double press are all available alternatives. Our preferred method of launching the camera is with a double press, however you may modify this to start any other app you choose. Rik Henderson hosts the Pocket-lint Podcast 134, which is a 2021 technology special.
You may use this guide to get the most out of your Samsung Galaxy S20 if you’ve recently purchased one of these devices. Chris Hall is the author of this piece. The original version of this article was published on March 4, 2020.
How to turn off Samsung s20? (3 Simple Ways)
In contrast to the way other Android devices function, Samsung has made it substantially more difficult to switch off the Galaxy S20 series of smartphones. To switch off your Samsung Galaxy S20 using the power menu, whether it’s just time for a break or you need to power cycle your device to address an issue, follow these steps. On the Samsung Galaxy S20, the power button is really the “side key,” which is a multi-function button by default, rather than the traditional power button. When you click the button once, your screen will be turned off; however, a longer press will not bring up the power menu.
So, what is the best way to turn off a Samsung Galaxy S20?
What is the best way to switch off the Samsung s20?
3 Things to do to Restart the Samsung Galaxy S20
Restarting your device is possible whether you’re using a phone or other internet-connected devices. The restart setting allows you to switch the power on or off of your device with a single action. It allows you to restart your smartphone, which is particularly beneficial after you have downloaded a number of different programs or updates to your device. Because of the size of the applications that are being downloaded, many of them will require you to restart your device or phone in order to begin a fresh downloading session.
1.Restart your Samsung Galaxy S20 by pressing and holding down the power button and the volume button at the same time for several seconds.
The phone will then reboot, first turning off and then turning back on, as seen in Figure 2.
Samsung Galaxy S20 (Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus)
5 Steps in Turning Off the Samsung Phone Through Keys
To put your screen to sleep, swiftly press the Side key on your keyboard. If you press and hold the Side key, B ixby Voice, on the other hand, will come to life and begin speaking. In order to completely switch off your phone using the keys, press and hold the Side and Volume down buttons at the same time for a few seconds. 3. 4. When the Power menu appears, click on the Power off option in the drop-down menu that appears. 5. Press the Power off button a second time to ensure that the power has been turned off.
3 Steps to Obtain access to the Power Menu Using the Quick Panel
A shortcut to the Power Menu is also available from the Quick Settings Panel of the smartphone, thanks to a feature developed by Samsung. Use the notification shade to be drawn downward by swiping down from the top of the Samsung Galaxy S20’s display, and then hit the shortcut key to access it. 1. From there, click on the Power sign in the upper-right corner of the screen to activate it. 2. The Samsung Power Menu will appear on the screen at this point. To perform the necessary action, hit the “Power Off” or “Restart” buttons located on the control panel of your device’s display.
3.To switch off your Galaxy S20, press and hold the Side button down until the Samsung logo displays on the screen. After you have released the key, let 30 to 60 seconds for the phone to power up completely.
Bixby Voice’s Unknown Feature
When it comes to shutting off your phone, Bixby can also aid you. All that remains is for you to configure Bixby Voice. It is a straightforward and expedient technique. Discover the simple instructions in the section below!
What Exactly Is Bixby Voice?
Developed by Samsung, Bixby Voice is an attempt to create a voice assistant that can compete with Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, and Google’s Assistant, among others. The voice of Bixby is presently undergoing beta testing. In light of Samsung’s position as both the world’s largest smartphone maker and a successful line of home appliances, it comes as no surprise that the corporation would seek to build a voice interface that would tie everything together. Compared to other voice assistants, Bixby’s voice has qualities that are quite comparable to those of other voice assistants.
In addition, you may create routines that contain a large number of stages.
While the Google Assistant can also be used to access programs and make phone calls, it is unable to make changes to the settings on your device.
6 Simple Steps to Turning Off Your Bixby Voice Assistant
Despite the fact that you may not find Samsung’s built-in voice assistant, Bixby, to be especially useful, you can use it to shut down and restart your Galaxy S20 if you so want. To begin, activate the Bixby Voice virtual assistant on your smartphone. In order to remap the Side button’s long-press function, hold it down for a second or two until the Bixby icon displays at the top of your screen (if it hasn’t already). In addition, you may slide up from the home screen to open the app drawer and then choose the “Bixby” app from the list that appears.
- If you haven’t already, you may activate Bixby by pressing on the Bixby icon in the bottom-left corner of your screen.
- After that, B ixby will ask if you want to power off or restart your Galaxy S20 before continuing with the process.
- To turn it back on, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds until the Samsung logo displays on the screen.
- You have that situation under control, now what?
What is the procedure for turning Bixby off?
Bixby is a standard feature on all Samsung devices, including the Galaxy S8 and later flagship phones, as well as midrange devices with model numbers ranging from A50 to A90. Bixby is available as an optional feature on the Galaxy S8 and later flagship phones, as well as midrange devices with model numbers ranging from A50 to A90. In many cases, the Bixby button is in an uncomfortable placement near the volume controls or has been replaced by the power button, which is one of the primary reasons why people want to get rid of Bixby in the first place.
In order to make these modifications, you must first tweak the button behavior, then deactivate voice activation, and then erase the Bixby Home screen, which appears when you swipe left from your primary home screen, from your device’s memory.
You used to be able to turn it off in older versions, but that was no longer the case following a software upgrade. My tests were conducted in June 2020 on Samsung Galaxy S20, Note 10, Note 10e, Note 9, and Note 8 phones, as well as on an iPhone X. The results were published in June 2020.
How can you disable Bixby Voice on the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20?
- To access advanced features in the Settings menu, select Advanced Features. Ideally, Bixby Routines should be disabled. The Side Key has been pressed. Turn off Double Press or change the Open Bixby setting to anything else. By pushing and holding the button, you may access the Power Off Menu.
The Bixby Voice on the Galaxy Note 10 is a new feature.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu in the upper right corner of the screen. After entering in Bixby, select the option that reads App Info, Bixby Voice from the drop-down menu. Bixby Voice settings may be accessed by tapping the Settings tool in the top right corner of the screen. Change the Automatic Listening option from Always to Never
- By tapping on Voice Wake-Up, you may turn off Wake With Hi, Bixby. While the phone is locked, turn off the usage of the phone. The Bixby Dictation feature should be disabled. Activate the Bixby Key by pressing it twice in succession to open Bixby by touching on it
- Disable the marketing notifications if you don’t want them. To access the widget configuration mode, navigate to your home screen and press and hold the widget configuration button
- By swiping left, you can turn off Samsung Daily.
Displays on the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20
Here is What we Think
Control of the situation is in your hands! If you’ve just received a Samsung S20, you might find it difficult to understand how everything works right away – especially if you’re switching from an Apple device to an Android device. A basic understanding of how to restart and switch off your phone is a critical skill that every phone user should be proficient in. When you fully comprehend and are able to utilize all of the features that your phone has to offer, you will notice a huge increase in the overall performance of the phone.
Moreover, it can assist you in conserving and extending the life of your battery.
In the event of a problem, performing a soft reset, or manually restarting your phone, is normally one of the first steps Samsung suggests.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Restart the Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G / Galaxy S20Ultra 5G1. Press and hold the Side (right edge) and Volume down (right edge) keys simultaneously until the ‘Power off’ prompt appears, then release the buttons. Alternatively, if the device is not responding, try a another strategy. 3. Press the Restart button to begin the process again. 4. To confirm, press the Restart button.
The first of three methods for accessing the power menu and turning off your Galaxy S20 is to hit the software button on the notification tray, which is the first of the three methods. When you enter this menu, you’ll see a power button symbol in the right-hand corner, which you can access by swiping down from the top of your smartphone.
If your phone does not have a dedicated Power button, you can switch it off through one of the following methods. Turn off the electricity using the keys on your keyboard. Pushing the Side key fast will put your computer’s screen into hibernation. Turn off the computer by selecting it from the Quick Settings menu. Recently, the Power icon has been introduced to the Quick settings panel on a number of Samsung Galaxy phones. Turn off the electricity with the help of Bixby.
How to Turn Off a Samsung S20
- To access the Power menu, press and hold the side button (Bixby button) as well as the Volume Down button for a few seconds. Use your finger to swipe down to reveal the Quick Settingspanel, and then press the Powericon to reveal the Powermenu. In the settings, you may also modify the behavior of the side button
- For example,
Learn how to switch off the Samsung Galaxy S20 and subsequent phones, including the Galaxy S21, in this post.
Where Is the Off Button on the Samsung S20?
A separate power button was included on earlier versions, such as the Galaxy Note 9, however this is no longer the case. This decision, which has been carried through to the Galaxy S21, was made because Samsung did not want to incorporate a distinct power button on the Galaxy S10. On the S20, there is no separate power button, which is a significant drawback.
After that, you may choose between two options for shutting down the S20. A shortcut is a method of shutting down and restarting a phone that includes hitting a combination of physical buttons or utilizing the software interface.
How Do I Turn Off My Samsung Galaxy S20 Using the Hardware Buttons?
The following is an example of how to switch off the S20 using the hardware buttons:
- Press and hold both the side button (the Bixby dedicated button) and the volume down button at the same time
- This will activate Bixby. Wait for the Power menu to show on the screen. To switch off your device, use the Power Off button. To power cycle or reboot, use the Restart button.
If your phone freezes or becomes unresponsive, you may force a reboot by pressing the same button combination. Simply press and hold the side button as well as the volume down button for ten seconds.
How Do I Turn Off My Samsung Phone Without the Power Button?
You may also shut down and reset your S20 by using the software or the Samsung UI (user interface). Here’s how it’s done:
- To access the quick settings panel, swipe down from the top of the screen. After that, swipe down one more to see the full-screen panel. Tap the power symbol, which is situated in the upper right corner next to the settings or gear icon
- To switch off your device, use the Power Off button. To power cycle or reboot, use the Restart button.
How Do You Turn On a Samsung S20?
Even though the Galaxy S20 lacks a dedicated power button, you can still turn it on by pressing and holding the side button (also known as the Bixby button) for a few seconds. By pushing the button once more, you may also bring the screen back up to date.
How to Change the Side Button Function on a Samsung S20
By default, when you press and hold the side button on a Galaxy S20, Bixby, Samsung’s voice assistant, will be activated by default. Even if you do not intend to utilize Bixby, you may customize the purpose of the button in the Samsung settings menu. When you press and hold the side button, for example, it is possible to modify its purpose so that it brings up the Power menu instead of the main menu. This is how you may go about it:
- To access the quick settings panel, swipe down from the top of the screen. After that, swipe down one more to see the full-screen panel. Toggle the power symbol in the upper right corner (located next to the settings or gear icon). It will bring up the Power menu, which will be useful. Side Key Settings may be found at the bottom of the screen. Press and hold the Power Off Menu option in the Press and Hold area.
When you press and hold the side button on your S20, it will now access the power menu rather than Bixby, allowing you to switch off the phone or reset it. FAQ
- If you don’t have a password for your Samsung S20, how can you turn it off? When shutting off your Samsung smartphone from the lock screen, you may have been prompted to enter your password in some previous versions. It is not necessary to enter a password in order to switch off the Samsung S20 from any screen. What is the procedure for turning off 5G on my Samsung S20? You may switch off 5G by going into the device settings on your phone. Navigate toSettingsConnectionsMobile NetworksNetwork Modeand choose an option that does not include 5G. The most popular option is LTE/3G/2G (auto connect)
- However, other options are available.
Thank you for informing us about this!
How to turn off the Galaxy S20
Putting your phone to sleep is a little more complicated now than it used to be. Manufacturers are increasingly employing the power button as a shortcut to open multiple programs — in Samsung’s example, Bixby — and it is not always possible to reach the power menu by just holding the button down. At the very least, not automatically. Don’t worry, shutting off the Galaxy S20 isn’t very difficult to accomplish.
How to turn off the S20
The question of whether or not you truly need to switch your phone off on a regular basis is one that generates a lot of controversy, but it might be beneficial to start things over from time to time. The IT Crowdmemes have shown us that turning off our phones can also help to ease some faults and problems. Although there are other methods for shutting off the S20, we’ll concentrate on the one that feels most natural to us: holding the power button depressed for a few seconds.
- Open the Settings application. Scroll down and select Advanced features from the drop-down menu. Toggle the Side key
- Make sure that the Power off menu is selected rather than the Wake Bixby option under Press and hold. Android Central is the source of this information.
When Bixby is turned off, you should be able to reach the power menu by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds, just as you have on prior phones. But if you appreciate having rapid access to Bixby and don’t want it disabled, you can still switch the phone off with a few simple gestures. One option is right in the notification shade; simply slide down from the top of the phone to reach your Quick Panel, and you’ll find a power icon right next to the Settings shortcut, just below your battery level and status icons, just below your battery level and status icons.
However, if you still prefer a hardware solution, you can reach the power menu by pressing and holding both the power and volume down keys together at the same time. It’s important to keep them pressed down since a rapid push of both buttons will result in a snapshot being taken instead!
Our top equipment pick
A phone that can be used by almost everyone and meets their requirements. The Galaxy S20 has it everything, including a stunning display, three excellent cameras, a powerful CPU, 5G connection, and a battery that lasts all day and more. You can get it in three different sizes, which makes it a great choice for practically any consumer (with three different camera layouts). If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c Keep it safe at all times.
These are the best heavy duty cases to defend your Galaxy S20
With a high duty case intended to withstand the rigors of daily usage and abuse, you can keep your Samsung Galaxy S20 safe and secure. Heavy duty cases no longer have to be large and bulky; in fact, you can buy excellent transparent cases that will protect your flagship phone as well.
How to turn off, restart, or reset your Samsung Galaxy S20
3 After inserting a SIM card or two into my new Galaxy S20, S20+, or Ultra, I’m stumped as to how to restart my phone. Things don’t operate the way they used to on your S10 or S9, you worry, and you keep long-pressing the power key, only to have it open Bixby on every click of the power button. Users of the Note 10 recall how they felt, but we’re getting ahead of ourselves. This is due to the fact that this moment is different. We know they claimed the same thing about the last economic crisis until the coronavirus hit the stock market just as it was about to reach a record high, but with the Galaxy S-line, this is a whole different experience.
Bixby will be launched if you hold down the long press.
- When you want to take a screenshot, press the Power key and the Volume down button together for a longer period of time (approximately a second). To access the same menu, click on the power symbol in the AoD Quick panel, or on the pull-down status bar, respectively. Navigate to the Advanced features section of the Settings menu. Change the side key, as well as the Galaxy S20’s switch off/restart key
- For 7 seconds, press and hold the Power key as well as the Volume down button to put the S20 into recovery mode.
How to restart/turn off the Galaxy S20
As you can see, things are different this time around, and long-pressing the power key on the Galaxy S20, Plus, or Ultra will result in Bixby results, rather to the results you get on the Note 10 family of devices. Now you may finally utilize the SIM cards that you previously installed (yes, they will not immediately connect to the network, unlike many other manufacturers).
How to turn On / Off Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra • TechyLoud
Turning on the Samsung S20 ultra is simple. How can I turn off my Samsung S20 ultra smartphone? What is the best way to switch off a Samsung S20 ultra without entering a password? What is the best way to turn off the Samsung S20 ultra? How can I switch off my Samsung S20 ultra if it doesn’t have a screen? It is possible that shutting off the Samsung S20 ultra will be more difficult than turning on other Samsung smartphones that use the sliding button. Well, you may quickly power down your Samsung smartphone in four different methods, and we will teach you how to switch on your Samsung S20 ultra in the sections that follow.
How to Turn Off Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra
The sliding button is the most convenient and straightforward method of turning off or restarting your Samsung S20 ultra. Simply press and hold the Side and Volume Downbuttons at the same time for a number of seconds.
Once the power button appears, you can select either the ” Power Off ” or the ” Restart ” option by tapping on it. The Galaxy S20 ultra may be turned off by pressing and holding the Side button for several seconds until the Samsung logo appears on the display.
How to Reprogram the Samsung S20 ultra Side Button
You may not be aware of this, but the reality is that you can simply reprogram the power button on your Samsung smartphone if you so like. In order to do so, navigate toSettingsAdvanced FeatureSide Key. Once you’ve reached the side-key menu, you may choose the “Power Off Menu” option from the drop-down menu. Afterwards, you will be presented with the choice to power off your smartphone or restart it by pressing the side button on your device. In addition, Samsung gives customers with the option of accessing the power menu through a rapid shortcut.
You will now be able to pick the power choice.
How to Power Off / Restart Samsung S20 ultra Via Bixby
What if I told you that your Samsung phone’s voice-activated built-in assistant can aid you in turning off or restarting your device? You might want to give it a go. To begin, press and hold the side button on your Bixby for a few seconds until it comes to life. ” Turn Off My Phone ” or ” Restart My Handset ” are the commands you may use to command the Bixby to perform when it appears on your home screen. When you power down or restart your Galaxy S20 ultra, Bixby will ask you to confirm that you wish to do so.
How to Turn On Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra
Step 1: Press and hold the Bixby / Lock key for a few seconds. Step 2: Unlock your phone if it is necessary. That’s all there is to it. The battery on your device is completely depleted; to turn it back on, hit the power symbol and then tap power Off again.
About Samsung S20 Ultra
The Samsung S20 Ultra is a luxury smartphone with a display screen size of 6.9 inches and a Dynamic AMOLED 2X, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1400 nits display. It also includes outstanding cameras with a resolution of 108 MP and the ability to record films in up to 8K resolution.
If you are experiencing physical button troubles with your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, turning on and off your phone has become more difficult. It is almost certain that you have previously discovered a technique to lock or unlock your screen. But if you want to switch off your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without pressing the Power button, you may do so. In this post, we will attempt to explain the many alternatives that are accessible to you in order to resolve your Power button issues. Starting with how to switch on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without using the Power button, and then how to turn it off without using the Power button, we’ll learn how to do both simultaneously.
You almost certainly are experiencing issues with the power button on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra. Because of a drop or another physical button issue, you have probably been wondering how you are going to switch your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra on or off without having to use the physical button. Here are some suggestions. You should be aware that our cell phones, sadly, are not meant to work correctly when they are not connected to a power source. Physical buttons have been rapidly disappearing in recent years, and there are currently a large number of devices that do not include a physical Home button.
If your power button is defective or broken, you should be aware that ‘it will be tough to switch on your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without utilizing this button.
It is possible to adjust the role of the physical volume buttons in order to move the on/off function of your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra to them if the latter is “rooted” and still operating.
Applications like as Minimal ADBFast Boot may be used to do this. Caution should be exercised, though, as rooting your phone is not a simple procedure and needs some technical understanding to complete.
We go to the section that you are most interested in, which is how to switch off your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra without the need of a physical button. This is a question that is debated less frequently than igniting. Indeed, there is a very simple approach for turning off your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, regardless of whether or not you utilize the Power button on the device. To learn how to deplete the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra so that it switches off without the need to press the power button, continue reading.
Using the Root of the phone is also an option, as we were able to learn in the section that was previously discussed.
In order to root your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, we recommend that you use the Minimal ADBFast Boot program, which combines all of the necessary features for rooting your phone in a single package.
If you want further information on this approach, please see our article on the subject.
How to power on, power off, and restart Galaxy S20?
When using the Galaxy S20, you will need to power on, power off, or restart (reboot) the phone from time to time to keep it running properly. It might be annoying when your phone hangs and you need to use Galaxy S20 right away, despite the fact that it is normally a simple operation to turn on or turn off Galaxy S20. You will learn how to power on (turn on), power off (turn off), and restart your Galaxy S20 in this instruction, even if the phone is stuck in a stale state (non-responsive). The information in this tutorial applies to all three Galaxy S20 models: the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra.
Power on Galaxy S20 (turn on, power up)
You can power on (switch on) the Galaxy S20 by holding the Side key (see Galaxy S20 layout) down when the phone is off. Please keep in mind that Samsung has merged the old Power key with the controversial Bixby key to create the Galaxy S20 Side key for your convenience. The Side key, which is positioned on the right side of the phone, below the volume key, is depicted in the Galaxy S20 configuration. There are no longer any physical keys or buttons on the left side of the keyboard. Please keep in mind that if you hold down the volume buttons and the Side key, you will be able to:
- Start the Galaxy S20 recovery mode by pressing the power button. if you simultaneously press the Volume Up button and the Side key
- If you hold down the volume down button and the Side Key, the Galaxy S20 will boot into download mode. Safe mode is activated on the Galaxy S20. In this case, when you see the Samsung logo, release the Side key and hold the volume down key. In this case, remove the Side key and hold the volume down key.
Power off Galaxy S20 (turn off)
The Galaxy S20 does not have a physical power button (key) to turn it off. If you continue to hold down the Side key, the Galaxy S20 will reboot (restart) instead of shutting down completely. However, there are instances when you will need to turn off your Galaxy S20, such as when you are entering a restricted location or when you wish to boot into Galaxy S20 recovery mode. The software Power off button, which may be found in a variety of locations on the Galaxy S20, must be used to gently shut down the device.
After you turn on your phone and connect to the mobile network, text messages (SMS) will be saved by your carrier and delivered to your phone. You may want to look at this instruction on how to utilize SIM cards on the Galaxy S20 smartphone.
Powering off the Galaxy S20 may be accomplished by pressing the Power off button on the notification panel or the Quick Settings panel, as demonstrated in the two pictures below. The power-off button really sends you to the Power button settings menu instead of the home screen (Power-off menu). Please continue reading. It has already been stated that the Power off button on the Galaxy S20 notification panel and quick settings panel does nothing but send you to the Power-off menu (Power button options, Power menu).
As shown in this post, you can hold down the Side key for about 2 seconds to bring up the Power Off menu (Power button choices), which is displayed in the screenshot below.
If you press and hold the Side key for an excessive amount of time (more than 7 seconds), the Galaxy S20 will be forced to reset.
By tapping and holding (long tapping) the Power off button, you will be able to reveal the safe mode button.
- Boot into safe mode on the Galaxy S20, and then restart the device. Read on to find out more. Lockdown mode on the Galaxy S20 is activated
- Emergency mode is entered. Side key configuration (for example, remapping side key functions)
These characteristics are described in this handbook as well as in a few other resources. For those who prefer to work with the Assistant menu, you may now reach the power-off button from the Assistant menu itself. Please see this tutorial for information on when and how to utilize the Assistant menu on the Galaxy S20.
Restart Galaxy S20 (reboot Galaxy S20)
It’s possible that you’ll have to restart your Galaxy S20 from time to time. For example, you must restart your Galaxy S20 in order to install any system updates or the monthly security update that has been released. A reboot of the Galaxy S20 once or twice a month is also suggested to clear ghost processes and garbage files from the system and, as a result, ensure that the Galaxy S20 runs smoothly. In this article, we will use the terms Restart, Reboot, and Rebooting interchangeably, however there may be subtle differences between them.
Restart Galaxy S20 (reboot) gracefully (soft restart)
Restarting the Galaxy S20 gently may be accomplished by pressing the Restart button on the Power button choices screen, as seen above. The Galaxy S20 will attempt to save all data, shut all currently open files, and unmount the file system before rebooting properly as usual. As a result, you will not lose any data or have any files corrupted as a result of a gentle restart. It is sometimes referred to as a “warm” or “soft” restart in some circles.
Force restart (reboot) Galaxy S20 (hard restart)
You may force the Galaxy S20 to restart by holding down the Side key for more than 7 seconds. This is not a recommended method of rebooting the Galaxy S20 since you may lose any unsaved data and certain opened files may become damaged as a result of doing so.
Technically speaking, this is a difficult restart. In essence, it simulates the process of turning off and then turning on the Galaxy S20.
Reboot Galaxy S20 when the phone is responsive (crash restart)
Occasionally, the Galaxy S20 may become unresponsive in the worst-case situation. It is possible that it will not respond to any motions on the Side key. On older phones, you can remove the battery and replace it to restart the phone. The Galaxy S20, on the other hand, has a nonremovable battery. The majority of owners find it impossible to remove the battery (you need some special tools like a heat gun to remove the back cover.) The comparable method to removing and re-inserting the battery on the Galaxy S20 (and practically all other smartphones with non-removable batteries) is to hold down the Side Key and Volume down key for more than 10 seconds (as seen below).
This procedure is referred to as a crash restart or a hard reset in most circles.
Some of the files you have accessed may be corrupted.
As a general rule, you should examine your phone in safe mode if you have to crash and reboot your phone a few times.
Should I turn on Auto Restart on Galaxy S20?
Samsung provides the option to restart your Galaxy S20 at a predetermined period under the Settings – General management — Reset –Auto restart menu. However, I personally do not suggest that you enable this feature for the following reasons:
- The majority of Galaxy S20 customers only need to reset their devices once or twice a month. There is an option to reboot at least once a week, which is recommended. The security update for the Galaxy S20 is given out once a month in the majority of locations. You’ll have to reset your phone anyhow in order for the update to take effect. Following a reset of the Galaxy S20, several functionalities are “frozen” until you unlock the phone and use them. Because of this, some applications may not function correctly (and you may miss alerts from these applications) if you do not unlock your phone after the reboot.
In any case, most Galaxy S20 users will not find it necessary to enable the option to automatically restart their device on a weekly basis.
Do you have any questions on how to power on, power off, and restart Galaxy S20 for Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra?
If you have any queries on how to turn on, turn off, and reboot your Galaxy S20 (including the Galaxy S20+ and S20 Ultra), please post them in the comments section below. The members of the community will assist you in obtaining an answer. If you still have questions about the Galaxy S20, you may look at the following additional Galaxy S20 guides:
- Instructions to the Galaxy S20’s new features
- Galaxy S20 how-to guides
- Instructions for the Galaxy S20’s camera
- Guides for the Galaxy S20’s accessories
- The official Samsung Galaxy S20 user manual in your native language
We also have a Facebook page where you may connect with us.