- 1 How to turn off Bixby
- 2 How to disable Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy phone
- 3 How to disable the Bixby button on Galaxy S21, S20, Note 10, and Note 20 phones
- 4 How to disable the Bixby button (sort of) on older Galaxy phones
- 5 How to disable the “Hi, Bixby” feature
- 6 How to disable Samsung Free
- 7 How to Disable Bixby on Your Samsung Phone
- 8 What Is Bixby?
- 9 How Do I Turn Off Bixby?
- 10 How to Turn off Bixby on the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20
- 11 How to Turn off Bixby on the Galaxy S8/S9/S10 with Android 9 or 10
- 12 How to completely disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy
- 13 Disabling the Bixby button
- 14 Stop Bixby from waking up
- 15 Remove Bixby Home/Samsung Daily from your home screen
- 16 How to Disable the Bixby Button
- 17 How to disable the Bixby button (for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 10)
- 18 How to disable the Bixby key’s single press (for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older)
- 19 Reassigning the Bixby key (for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 10)
- 20 Reassigning the Bixby key (for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older)
- 21 How to disable Bixby on your Samsung phone or Samsung TV
- 22 How to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S21 or S20 (One UI 3.0)
- 23 How to disable or convert the Bixby/ Side button on the S10 or S9 (One UI 2.5 or 3.0)
- 24 How to disable Bixby on Samsung phones with Android Pie or Android Oreo
- 25 How to disable Bixby on your Samsung TV
- 26 Galaxy S9
- 27 Want To Disable Bixby Button On Samsung In 2021? Follow These Steps
- 28 Why You Might Want To Disable Bixby?
- 29 How To Disable The “Hi, Bixby” Feature?
- 30 How To Disable Bixby Home?
- 31 How To Disable Bixby Button?
- 32 Change Bixby Key Settings (Android 9 or newer)
- 33 How To Turn Off Bixby On Your Samsung TV?
- 34 FAQs
- 35 How to Disable Bixby on Any Samsung Galaxy Phone
- 36 What Is Bixby?
- 37 How to Disable or Remap the Bixby Button
- 38 How to Disable Bixby Routines
- 39 How to Disable Bixby Voice Recognition
- 40 How to Disable Bixby Home/Samsung Daily
- 41 Customize Your Samsung Phone
- 42 How to Disable Bixby
- 43 How to Log In to Samsung Account
- 44 How to Disable the Bixby Button
- 45 How to Disable Bixby Home’s Swipe Access Feature
- 46 How to Disable Bixby Voice
- 47 Bixby Features You Don’t Have to Disable
- 48 How to turn off Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, and Note 8
- 49 To stop the Bixby button from doing anything:
- 50 To turn off Bixby entirely:
- 51 How to Disable Bixby on a Samsung Device
- 52 How to Disable the Bixby Button
- 53 How to Disable Bixby Voice
- 54 How to Disable Bixby on an S21
- 55 How to Disable Bixby on an S20
- 56 How to Disable Bixby on an S10?
- 57 How to Disable Bixby on an S51?
- 58 How to Disable Bixby on an S8
- 59 Additional FAQs
- 60 Bye-Bye Bixby
How to turn off Bixby
If Bixby keeps waking up your phone by accident, you may change the choices for the Bixby or Side key on your phone. While it is not possible to completely disable Bixby, you may adjust the settings to prevent Bixby from launching accidently. If your phone has a dedicated Bixby key, you may remap it so that when you press the key, a new app will appear. Alternatively, if your phone has a Side key, you may configure the Side Key to launch a different app instead of Bixby. Google Assistant is also pre-installed on your Galaxy phone.
Bixby, on the other hand, will continue to function on your phone, so you may wish to disable or remap the Bixby key at this point.
Another alternative is to perform a factory reset on Bixby Voice.
It’ll be like though Bixby has been reborn from the dead.
- To reset Bixby, go to the Settings menu and select Reset Bixby. Tap Apps, then slide to and choose Bixby Voice from the list
- Then choose Storage and Clear Cache from the drop-down menu. Then selectClear data from the drop-down menu. To confirm, press the OK button.
Whenever you touch the Bixby key, Bixby’s first setup screen will show. However, until you complete the setup procedure, Bixby will not ask for voice instructions. If necessary, repeat the setup procedure to get Bixby back up and running again.
How to disable Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy phone
Android Authority / Authorized by Edgar Cervantes One feature you can count on finding on Samsung Galaxy phones is Bixby, the company’s in-house artificial intelligence assistant. Because Bixby isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, you could have a difficult time getting the most out of your new Galaxy mobile if you aren’t a fan of the virtual assistant. You are in luck because, by following a few simple steps, you can completely disable Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy phone. You may also be interested in: Here’s a comprehensive Bixby user guide to help you get the most out of the service.
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Located just below the volume buttons on the right side of Samsung’s Galaxy S21, Galaxy S20, and Note 20 smartphones, and on the left side of Samsung’s Note 10 smartphones, the Bixby button is easily accessible. For some phones, it also serves as the power button. Bixby is triggered by holding down the button for a lengthy period of time, but you may want to use it as your power button. Here’s how to entirely disable Bixby on that particular button.
- The notifications menu may be accessed by swiping down on the screen, followed by a tap on the power symbol located in the top right corner of the screen. After pressing the power button, you should see the power menu appear on your screen, along with a selection for Side Key settings. To proceed, simply tap on it. You should be able to see the configuration choices, which include the Press and Hold options. A Wake Bixby setting is enabled by default, however you may disable Bixby by selecting Power off from the menu choices instead.
That’s all there is to it! You may now press the side button to your heart’s content without worrying about it activating Bixby. Doesn’t it make you feel good?
This guide will show you how to make your Galaxy phone older than the S20 or Note 10 require a double tap to enable Bixby on those devices, if you do not already have it. It does not completely disable Bixby, but it is a significant improvement than doing nothing.
At one point, Samsung did let customers to turn off Bixby on such devices, but a software update has since removed that capability. It is important to note that the instructions in the rest of this post were written on an earlier Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus running Android 11.
- Open the Configuration menu
- Scroll down and pick theAdvanced Features option from the drop-down menu. Last but not least, pick theBixby Keyoption
- Last, select theDouble Press to Open Bixbyselection. You may also choose what a single push accomplishes
- For example,
How to disable the “Hi, Bixby” feature
Bixby Voice is perhaps the most helpful Bixby function for the vast majority of users. Using this method, you may ask your phone a basic question without having to unlock your phone first. It’s understandable that some people aren’t lovers of Bixby Voice – Google Assistant is far more useful in some situations — and fortunately, there’s a straightforward method to turn it off.
- Open the Bixby application. On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the hamburger menu button. To access the settings menu, select the gear symbol at the top of the screen. Select the Voice Wake Up option from the drop-down menu. Toggle the “Wake with “Hi, Bixby””option off in the settings. You may also switch it on or off from this page if it is currently off.
How to disable Samsung Free
Google / Android Authority / C. Scott Brown It’s difficult to come up with a compelling rationale to utilize Samsung Free (which replaced Bixby Home and Samsung Daily). This is the vertically scrolling list of material that appears on the left-most home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S7. What you’ll see is a collection of information that contains “helpful” items. The problem is that the majority of the stuff it presents aren’t all that amazing. We believe you do as well, so here’s how to get rid of it!
- To access your Galaxy phone’s home screen settings, long-press on an empty spot (anywhere where there are no icons or widgets) on the screen’s home screen. If you want to go to this screen, you may also pinch inwards with two fingers. You’ll locate Samsung Free by swiping over to the left-most home screen. To turn off Samsung Free, press the toggle button at the top of the screen.
To re-enable Samsung Free, repeat steps one and two once again, and then toggle the same Samsung Free option back on to activate it again. Next:Do you want to see more options? These are the greatest Android smartphones available on the market!
How to Disable Bixby on Your Samsung Phone
PCMag journalists choose and review goods in an unbiased manner. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our affiliate links, we may get a commission, which helps us to continue our testing. More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c The procedure of silencing Bixby, Samsung’s voice assistant that is frequently unwelcome, has altered as a result of software changes. Find out how to disable the Bixby button (and Bixby in general) on your Galaxy S and other smartphones in this guide.
What Is Bixby?
In order to compete with the likes of Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, and Google’s Assistant, Samsung has developed Bixby, a voice assistant that can be used to do tasks. The fact that Samsung is the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer, and that the company also has a popular line of home goods, makes it unsurprising that the company would look into developing a speech interface to connect them all. The characteristics of Bixby are fairly similar to those of other voice assistants. You may ask it questions about the weather, set alarms or timers, make phone calls, send text messages, translate languages, do math, alter the settings on your phone, or build routines that include several stages.
Samsung phones, on the other hand, are all powered by Android, and the majority of users prefer Google Assistant as their voice assistant since it is better at answering typical online questions.
How Do I Turn Off Bixby?
Galaxy S8 and later flagship Samsung phones, as well as midrange devices with model numbers ranging from A50 to A90, include Bixby as standard features. Many of those phones have a Bixby button that is located in an inconvenient location near the volume buttons or that has been replaced by the power button, which is typically the reason why users wish to get rid of Bixby. There are three primary stages to disabling Bixby. You must modify the button behavior, disable voice activation, and uninstall the Bixby Home screen, which shows when you swipe left from your main home screen, in order to make these changes.
For the time being, the Bixby button on the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20 phones can only be totally disabled.
On older versions, you used to be able to turn it off, but that was no longer the case after a software update. In June 2020, I tried these instructions on Samsung Galaxy S20, Note 10, S10e, Note 9, and Note 8 phones, as well as on an iPhone X.
How to Turn off Bixby on the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S20
- Go to SettingsAdvanced Features and turn off Bixby Routines
- Then tap on Side Key and toggle off Double Press or modify it to something else other than Open Bixby
- Then tap on Save Changes. Press and hold to bring up the Power Off menu. On a Galaxy S20, changing the Bixby settings is simple. Go to the Settings menu and choose the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner. Type in Bixby and select the option that says App Info, Bixby Voice from the drop-down menu. To access Bixby Voice settings, choose the Settings gear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select Automatic Listening from the drop-down menu and set it to Never
- Turn off Wake With Hi, Bixby by selecting Voice Wake-Up from the drop-down menu. Turn off the use of the phone when it is locked. Bixby Dictation should be turned off. Double-tap on the Bixby Key to make it the Double-Press to Open Bixby setting. Marketing Notifications should be turned off. Press and hold the widget configuration button on your home screen to bring up the widget configuration mode. Samsung Daily may be turned off by swiping left.
Samsung Daily should be turned off.
How to Turn off Bixby on the Galaxy S8/S9/S10 with Android 9 or 10
When using an older phone, you can’t completely turn off Bixby, but you can make it such that pressing the button needs two presses. Disabling Bixby’s default settings
- Go to the Settings menu and choose the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner. Select “App Info, Bixby Voice” from the list of options after typing in Bixby. To access Bixby Voice settings, choose the Settings gear in the top right-hand corner of the screen. Select Automatic Listening from the drop-down menu and set it to Never
- Turn off Wake With Hi, Bixby by selecting Voice Wake-Up from the drop-down menu. Turn off the use of the phone when it is locked. Bixby Dictation should be turned off. Double-tap on the Bixby Key to make it the Double-Press to Open Bixby setting. Marketing Notifications should be turned off. Hold down the home screen button for a few seconds.
Bixby Home should be turned off.
- Swipe left to turn off Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily in newer software versions)
- Swipe right to turn off Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily in newer software versions)
- Swipe left to turn off Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily in newer software versions)
- Swipe right to turn off Bixby Home (or Samsung Daily in newer
That should take care of the problem. If you’re switching from Bixby to Google Assistant, chances are you’re doing it to rid yourself of the voice assistant. If you’re attempting to do so fully, we also offer instructions on how to turn off Google Assistant completely. More Samsung hints may be found in our piece on 11 Useful Samsung Galaxy Features You Won’t Find on the Google Pixel, which also includes a video. Subscribe to our strong>Race to 5G/strong> newsletter to have our most recent mobile technology news sent directly to your inbox.
Like What You’re Reading?
How to completely disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy
We understand what you’re saying. Samsung aspires to be on par with other technology giants such as Apple, Google, Amazon, and so on, which all have their own digital assistants of their own design. That is why, in 2014, Samsung introduced Bixby, its answer to digital assistants. However, Bixby hasn’t exactly taken off the way Samsung had planned. When it comes to owning a Samsung phone and preferring Google Assistant over Bixby, you’re not alone in your decision. That being said, if you don’t want to use Bixby at all and instead want to keep it off your phone by silencing it, you can do so, and here’s how to do so if you want to permanently quiet Bixby.
Several methods of disabling Bixby are available, and we’ll go through them in detail so that you may decide just how much of Bixby you want to disable.
- From the notification shade, swipe down to close it. To access the Power menu, press the Power menu button. Select Side key configurations from the drop-down menu. Select Quick launch camera or Open app from the drop-down menu under Double press. Select Power off menu from the menu that appears when you press and hold the button.
This will prevent you from mistakenly launching Bixby by pushing the power button, which might be a problem in some situations.
Stop Bixby from waking up
- Bixby should be launched. To access the hamburger menu, select it from the hamburger menu button on the left side of the screen. Select the Settings gear icon from the toolbar. To turn off the “Wake with “Hi, Bixby” feature, choose it from the Voice Wake Up menu and tap on it.
As a result, anytime you say “Hi, Bixby” or anything similar, Bixby will not launch, which is a good thing if it was one of the things that was troubling you.
Remove Bixby Home/Samsung Daily from your home screen
- Continue to hold down on an empty place on your home screen. Take a swipe to the right, and you’ll land on the left home panel. To turn off Bixby Home/Samsung Daily, choose the toggle switch next to it.
To be clear, this was a function that Samsung had implemented during the early stages of Bixby’s development. If you don’t want Samsung to push their services on you, you may disable Samsung Daily, which was renamed when the corporation phased it out. The technique for removing Samsung Daily is the same in both cases.
How to Disable the Bixby Button
Virtual assistants are quite prevalent, and it appears that every phone maker has their own version of the technology. Bixby is the virtual assistant on Samsung smartphones. Samsung even includes a dedicated button for bringing up Bixby on the phone.
Unfortunately, many people would prefer that this button did not exist, and this is understandable. If the Bixby button is driving you insane, it’s time to figure out how to turn it off. Then you won’t have to be concerned about Bixby appearing when you’d like it to remain concealed.
With a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note 10, the side key below the volume rocker serves as both a Bixby button and a power button, depending on the model of phone you’re using. By default, pressing the side key for a lengthy period of time will activate Bixby instead of bringing up the power-off menu, however this can be changed by going into the side key configurations. Step 1: Press and hold the device’s side key for a few seconds. Step 2: Press the Side key settings button. Activate the Power offmenu underPress and hold it in place for 3 seconds.
How to disable the Bixby key’s single press (for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older)
You used to be possible to turn off the Bixby key on previous Galaxy devices, but that is no longer the case thanks to software changes. While you cannot prevent the Bixby key from activating Bixby, you may make it more difficult to mistakenly activate Bixby by requiring a double-press to bring up Bixby Home. In order to do so, you’ll need to enter a specific setting in a specific portion of Bixby — as nothing associated with Bixby is permitted to be easy, it seems — and then follow the instructions.
Using the three vertical dots, select Settings from the drop-down menu.
Step 4:Change your setting to “Double press to launch Bixby” to make it more difficult to unintentionally activate Bixby in the future.
Reassigning the Bixby key (for Samsung Galaxy S20 and Note 10)
You may reassign theDouble pressfunction of the side key, but not thePress and holdfunction, since the side key has two functions. As an alternative to quickly launching the camera or activating Bixby, you may designate the function to open a specific app of your choosing. Return to the side key settings by pressing and holding the side key for a few seconds and tappingSide key settings. Step 2: Toggle on by pressing twice. Step 3:Click on the gear icon to the right of Openapp. Step 4:To assign it, choose an application from the list of installed programs in the drawer.
Reassigning the Bixby key (for Samsung Galaxy S10 and older)
You can fully disable Bixby, but it’s far easier to grant it permission to access particular applications so that you can still take use of the services they have to offer. Step 1: Return to Bixby Home and the location where you first changed the Bixby key. Second, tap (or double-tap if you’ve previously changed the Bixby key) to activate Bixby Home on your phone’s touchscreen. Step 3: Press the three vertical dots on the screen. Step 4: Press the SettingsBixbykey key. Lastly, if you haven’t before, you’ll need to enableDouble press to launch Bixby (if you haven’t already).
By touching the slider, you may enable it.
Step 8: After tapping, select Quick commands from the drop-down menu.
The Bixby key may be reactivated by selecting single-press if you change your mind and want to give it another shot after all.
Consider removing the modifications you’ve made to the program, restarting it, and returning it to its previous form before uninstalling it so that you may continue to use its other features after uninstalling it.
- Is it finally time to uninstall WhatsApp? Yes, according to privacy activists. Xiaomi’s 12 series launches the 2022 flagship competition with a bang, offering discount pricing. With this exclusive deal, you can save $100 on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE. For traveling, these are the top eight battery packs and portable chargers. What are the best presents for Samsung phone owners?
How to disable Bixby on your Samsung phone or Samsung TV
(Image courtesy of Samsung) So you’re wanting to turn off Bixby’s voice recognition system? You are not alone in feeling this way. Samsung continues to try to make Bixby work on itsSamsung phones, but many consumers would rather if holding the power button or touching the Bixby button brought up Google Assistantinstead of the Samsung assistant. While Google Assistant appears on a variety of phones and smart speakers and is capable of controlling a wide range of third-party smart home devices, Bixby is solely focused on the Samsung device on which it is installed.
Because Samsung is continually updating its software (as well as Bixby), the procedure for disabling Bixby on your phone will change depending on the version of the One UI operating system (OS) you have installed on your phone.
It will be explained in this article how to turn off or replace Bixby on various Android operating systems, as well as how to replace or disable Bixby on your Samsung TV.
- What exactly is Bixby? The voice assistant on Samsung’s smartphones is explained
- When it comes to voice assistants, Alexa or Google Assistant are the greatest options.
How to disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S21 or S20 (One UI 3.0)
Bixby may be summoned by pressing and holding the power button on the Galaxy S21 Plus (seen above). (Image courtesy of Future) Samsung made it much easier to access Google Assistant with the release of the newest Galaxy phones. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S21, Google Assistant is really the default voice assistant: you may configure the app so that it responds to Voice Match without prompting, or you can call it by pressing and holding the Home button. If you made Bixby your default assistant and now find yourself resenting your decision, go to Settings, searchApps, and locate theChoose Default Appsmenu.
Regardless of which assistant you want to use, the Galaxy S21 and Galaxy S20 automatically summon Bixby when you press and hold the power button, which was previously used to access the power off settings.
To turn off the Bixby power button shortcut on the Galaxy S21, scroll down from the very top of the screen to see your Quick Settings, then swipe down again to reveal even more Settings shortcuts on the screen.
Change your Press and Hold setting from Bixby to the Power Off menu by tapping it.
The Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus (shown above) is a first for the company (Image credit: Future) Anyone who has a somewhat older Samsung phone, such as the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S10, may call the voice assistant by pressing the designated Bixby button on the device. This page has been brought to your attention because you wish to utilize that button for something else. If you have a S9 or S10 running One UI 2.5, remapping the Bixby button to launch another app is a rather basic procedure to perform.
- Bixby Key is a fictional character created by author Bixby Key.
- Toggle this option on, then select either Open app or Run quick command.
- Run fast command will automatically execute any custom Bixby command without the need for you to mention it.
- You can then either download a Recommended quick command or create your own personalized one.
- Despite the fact that double-clicking or holding down the Bixby button will still summon Bixby, at the very least touching it once will accomplish something more helpful and tailored to your specific need.
- You’ll have to grant bxActions permission to access some of your private phone data in order for it to function, but the app’s creator claims that no data will be transferred from your phone.
Install the app, grant it permission, and then make Google Assistant the default voice assistant. You should be ready to go now!
How to disable Bixby on Samsung phones with Android Pie or Android Oreo
Even if they’re still running Android Pie or Android Oreo, older Samsung flagships such as theGalaxy S8 andGalaxy S8 Plus may still feature the Bixby button but different Settings controls than newer Samsung flagships. On Android Pie, you can swipe right on the home screen to enter the Bixby Home hub, where you can toggle the “Bixby Key” off – allowing you to turn off Bixby for as long as you want without having to restart your phone. You may also remap the Bixby Key to another function by going to SettingsAdvanced FeaturesBixby Key and selecting it.
There is a toggle in the upper right corner of the Bixby Home pane that allows you to delete it.
Then pick the three-dot menu and select SettingsBixby Voice from the drop-down menu.
If you wish to completely eliminate the Bixby Home menu pane, you should push down on a vacant portion of the home screen until the different menu panes of the operating system come into view, as described above.
How to disable Bixby on your Samsung TV
(Image courtesy of Samsung.) Most Samsung TVs these days come pre-installed with Bixby, but they are also compatible with other smart assistants such as Google Assistant and Alexa. That means that even if these other assistants aren’t incorporated into the TV itself, you can still operate the TV using instructions from yourEcho Show 10,Nest Audio, or any other smart speaker that supports voice commands. The Bixby voice assistant may be turned off under the Settings GeneralBixby Voice Settings section of your new Samsung TV.
This assures that the television is not always listening for the wake words ‘Hi Bixby’ and that it should never turn on.
Some 2020 models, as well as most smart Samsung TVs from the year 2021, include Alexa built into the set, which works in conjunction with Bixby.
To complete the process, simply follow the on-screen directions, which may entail scanning a QR code with your phone or logging into your Amazon account.
- Alexa is one of your favorite characters. Here are some of the most useful Alexa skills:
Henry is the NewsFeatures Editor at TechRadar, where he covers the most important topics of the day with vigor, moxie, and aplomb. Since joining the website three years ago, he has reported on a variety of topics such as televisions, projectors, smart speakers, gaming, and virtual reality (including a stint as the website’s Home Cinema Editor). He has also been interviewed live on BBC World News and Channel News Asia, where he discussed the future of transportation and 4K resolution televisions, respectively.
Edge, T3, and Little White Lies are among the publications with bylines.
- Installing the SIM card is explained in detail in the following sections: How to remove the SIM card from your phone
- How to install a memory (SD) card on a computer
- How to remove the memory (SD) card from your computer
- Instructions on how to format a memory (SD) card
- The Apps button may be found by clicking on it. Adding an app on your home screen (and then deleting it off your home screen)
- Organizing information into folders
- Uninstalling applications
- Is it possible to use my equipment in salt water? How can I back up the data on my smartphone to an external storage device?
- What is the best way to shoot videos in Super Slow-Mo
- What is the best way to edit super slow motion videos? What is the best way to capture portraits utilizing the Live focus feature? In what ways can dual capture help me and how do I use it? What is the process for creating My Emoji? What is the best way to include My Emoji stickers in text messages
- What is the proper way to utilize Live stickers? What is the best way to utilize filters
- What is the best way to add and utilize Sports Mode? What is the best way to use the Selfie focus mode?
- What exactly is Bixby Home? What is the procedure for deactivating Bixby Home? What is the procedure for deactivating the Bixby button? What exactly is Bixby Voice? Setting up Bixby Voice on your device
- What is the procedure for turning off Bixby Voice? How to activate Bixby’s voice wake-up feature
- What is the best way to see which applications and commands are accessible in Bixby Voice
- And How to utilize the Bixby Voice’s rapid command feature
- What is the procedure for changing the language of Bixby Voice? Is it possible to make Bixby’s wake-up command more sensitive to my commands?
- Learn how to register for Intelligent Scan by reading this article. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to register your iris for Iris recognition on the lock screen. How to erase the Iris that has been registered
- Connecting the Galaxy S9 to the DeX Pad is the first step. When using Samsung DeX mode, how can you adjust the speakers? What is the best way to change the screen mode on the device when it is connected to Dex Pad?
- What is the best way to put a video file as wallpaper? What is the best way to set the animated AOD? What is the best way to use landscape mode? What is the best way to use Dolby Atmos
- How to force a restart of the device (reset the device)
- What causes the Home and Navigation buttons to vanish from time to time
- Where has the screen brightness bar disappeared to? It appears that my smartphone is unable to recognize my touch at the very margins of the screen. I am unable to charge my Galaxy S9 due to the presence of a water symbol on the notification panel. The touchscreen reacts slowly or in an inefficient manner. My device’s charging stopped before it was completely recharged
- Changing the color balance of a photograph
- When some of my applications are disabled, I’m not sure why.
Samsung Galaxy S9 AccessorySearchAccessory
Want To Disable Bixby Button On Samsung In 2021? Follow These Steps
As a result of including a dedicated Bixby button on Samsung’s S8, the company hopes to entice people to use Bixby rather than Google Assistant. Although Bixby has evolved over time, some Samsung consumers still prefer Google’s artificial intelligence assistant over it. After the Bixby button was introduced, Samsung received negative feedback from consumers who claimed they had mistakenly pressed the button. Unintentional pressing of the Bixby key are a significant problem since it is located just beneath the volume controls, making it susceptible to accidental pushes.
Soon after, Samsung introduced the Bixby Button, which works in conjunction with the Assistant Remapper software, which allows users to remap the Bixby button and utilize it to launch other apps.
However, even though Samsung removed the distinct Bixby button and integrated it into the power button on its Galaxy Note 10 series handsets, this functionality is still available on earlier models.
Please keep in mind that you must first log into your Samsung account by going to the “Accounts and backup” section of the Settings app first.
Why You Might Want To Disable Bixby?
There are a variety of reasons why you would wish to get rid of Bixby. Here are a few examples. One of these issues is the position of the Bixby button on older phones, such as the Galaxy S10+, which is close to the volume controls on the device. Frequently, this leads in consumers mistaking the Bixby button for the power button and mistakenly pushing it, causing them to lose their place. The normal occurrence of this mistake is sufficient justification for eliminating the Bixby button function.
On certain devices, long-pressing the power button instead of the home button enables Bixby.
In order to avoid this, they might wish to turn the feature off completely.
How To Disable The “Hi, Bixby” Feature?
Despite the fact that the “Hi, Bixby” feature is incredibly handy, not everyone like using it. Many users prefer to use voice commands to interact with other applications rather than typing commands. It is possible to turn off the “Hi, Bixby” voice commands in this situation. Here’s how you go about it:
- Activate the Bixby app by tapping on the hamburger menu symbol in the top-left corner of the screen. Select the Settings button (tool symbol) towards the top of the screen. Activate the “Voice wake-up.” option. To turn off the “Hi, Bixby” function, tap on the Wake with the “Hi, Bixby” toggle.
How To Disable Bixby Home?
If you want to remove Bixby Home from your home screen, follow the instructions listed below:
- Tap and hold any empty spot on your home screen for a few seconds. The Bixby Home panel will appear if you swipe right
- Otherwise, swipe left.
3. Deactivate the toggle switch located next to Bixby Home. That’s all there is to it. The Bixby Home feature on your smartphone has been turned off. From the S8 and Note 8 onwards, this approach is compatible with all S Series and Note series smartphones.
How To Disable Bixby Button?
Given that Samsung does not give a way to totally disable the Bixby Button in OneUI, the most you can hope for is to change the settings and remap the button in such a way that nothing occurs when you press the button once. You may configure Bixby to start when you press the dedicated button twice, if you so choose in the settings. This will prevent the activation of Bixby from occurring as a result of mistakenly touching the Bixby button after you have confused it with the volume down key.
- Start by opening the Settings app and scrolling down to the “Advanced features” section.
2. Select the “Bixby key” option from the drop-down menu. “Double press to open Bixby” should be selected, and the Use single press option should not be enabled. 4. You can also use this setting to remap the button so that it may be used to open several applications with a single push, or to activate the Run fast command, which allows you to conduct extra activities with a single touch. If you want to remap the Bixby button for different tasks, you may do so by downloading the Bixby Button Assistant Remapper app.
As a result, if you only hit the button once, nothing will happen.
You may also utilize various launcher programs to turn off Bixby as an alternative option.
Change Bixby Key Settings (Android 9 or newer)
As there is no way to turn off Bixby Key on devices running Android 9 or above, you will have to make do with tweaking the system settings. The following is a step-by-step instruction on how to do so:
- On the Bixby screen, select Settings by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen. Bixby Key should be tapped. To summon Bixby, select either “Single press” or “Double press” from the menu. The toggle to the right of the choice you picked in the previous step may be used to specify a custom action to be performed. Make a choice between “Open app” and “Run fast command,” and then follow the on-screen directions to set it up.
How To Turn Off Bixby On Your Samsung TV?
Again, whether you want Bixby to continue to be active or not is a personal choice matter. For those who prefer to use other compatible voice assistants, including as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, keeping Bixby running isn’t a practical option. Here’s how to turn it off on your Samsung television:
- Open the Settings menu on your Samsung TV
- Choose “General” and then “Bixby Voice Settings.” Select “Voice wake-up” from the drop-down menu and turn it off.
Why am I unable to turn off Bixby? Bixby is the voice assistant that comes pre-installed on a large number of Samsung smartphones. However, depending on your device, you may still be able to turn it off by adjusting specific settings choices on the device. What happens if I “force stop” Bixby’s computer program? If you “force stop” Bixby, the process will come to an end, and you will not be able to use Samsung’s voice assistant in the background for the foreseeable future. However, as soon as you restart your smartphone, it will begin to operate normally.
To begin, scroll down to reveal the notification panel at the bottom of the screen.
Select “Details” and then “My routines” from the drop-down menu.
Is it possible to remove Bixby? Unfortunately, you will not be able to uninstall Bixby from your Samsung smartphone. However, as shown in this post, there are several adjustments that can be made to assist you disable the Bixby capabilities.
How to Disable Bixby on Any Samsung Galaxy Phone
Bixby is Samsung’s intelligent virtual assistant, which is available on all of the company’s contemporary smartphones. Some users find the virtual assistant beneficial, while others wish to disable Bixby and altogether remove it from their devices. How to switch off Bixby and all of its many components, including as the Bixby home panel and Bixby routines, will be covered in detail. You will be guided through the process of disabling or remapping your phone’s dedicated Bixby button if your phone has one.
What Is Bixby?
You may be familiar with Google Assistant, Amazon’s Alexa, or Apple’s Siri, among other virtual assistants. All of these people are virtual assistants. Bixby is Samsung’s effort at a voice-activated assistant, and it has been available since the Galaxy S8 smartphone. The Bixby assistant assists you in completing activities on your smartphone, including as making phone calls, setting calendar appointments, and surfing the web. Many aspects of your smartphone, such as the camera and the home screen, are integrated with the assistant.
How to Disable or Remap the Bixby Button
However, the technique for disabling or remapping the Bixby button on your Samsung phone may vary depending on the device type you have. Due to the fact that older smartphones have a distinct Bixby button, and newer devices incorporate it into the power button, this is the case. When Bixby-compatible devices were originally introduced, Samsung did not provide any means of remapping or disabling the Bixby button. Since then, the One UI 2.0 upgrade has brought about a change. As a result, the instructions that follow are presumptively applicable to your device.
Download and run the program.
How to Disable the Bixby Button on Note 10, Note 10+, and Galaxy S20
Bixby is activated on these smartphones by pressing and holding the power button. To turn off this function, go to SettingsAdvanced featuresSide key from the home screen by swiping up from the bottom of the screen to access your apps. Underneath, press and hold the Power off menu button. Please keep in mind that you may also adjust or deactivate theDouble press feature from this menu. If you like, you may choose between two options: Quick launch camera or Open app. If you pick the latter option, choose the app by pressing the cog symbol.
How to Remap and Disable the Bixby Button on S8, S9, S10, Note 8, and Note 9
These gadgets are equipped with a physical button that is dedicated to Bixby. Samsung allows you to remap the button to perform a different function. The button can only be completely disabled with the help of a third-party application.
Remap the Bixby Button
You may change the button’s function by swiping up from the home screen to access your applications and selectingSettingsAdvanced features. Bixby key is a kind of key. Changing the settings on your Samsung device will not be possible until you are connected into your Samsung account. If this is the case, you’ll notice a Get startedbutton at the top of the screen, which you must click. Follow the wizard’s instructions until you reach the settings screen. To open Bixby, double-tap the screen. While this does not entirely deactivate the button, it does reduce the likelihood of you mistakenly opening Bixby as a result of pressing it.
If you still want to utilize the button for something, choose Use single press from the drop-down menu. Toggle the On/Off switch at the top to the On position, then select either Open app or Run fast command. You will then be required to select either the application or the command.
Disable the Bixby Button
You’ll need an app named bxActions if you want to completely disable the Bixby button. To get started, download and run the app. Activate the Bixbi button in the main menu by sliding it on and then pressing the Bixbi button once. Disabled may be found at the top of the screen, beneathBixbi. Alternatively, you can scroll down and select a different app or activity from the list below. If you want to do so, return to the previous page and complete the instructions to unlock additional capabilities that will enhance your experience, such as the ability to utilize the Bixby button without having to wake the screen.
How to Disable Bixby Routines
In accordance with your usage habits and preferences, Bixby Routines automatically regulates several parts of your phone. You may also set up your own habits, such as turning off your phone at a specific time each night before going to bed. If you want to turn off Bixby Routines, slide up on the home screen to access your applications and then down again. Advanced features may be accessed by selectingSettingsAdvanced features. Then To turn off Bixby Routines, press the button onBixby Routines.
How to Disable Bixby Voice Recognition
With Bixby Voice, you can operate your phone just by speaking to it in a natural language. You may, for example, ask it to switch on your flashlight or send a text message to someone. It’s essentially a hands-free method of interacting with the Bixby digital assistant. When you say “Hi, Bixby,” the Bixby Voice is activated. You may, however, quickly turn off this feature. Swipe up on the home screen to access your applications, and then tapBixby to start the conversation. To access the hamburger menu, choose it from the top-left menu bar and then select thegear icon.
How to Disable Bixby Home/Samsung Daily
Samsung Daily is a panel that appears to the left of your home screen on your smartphone. If you don’t have the newest Samsung smartphone or Android update, you may use Bixby Home, which is a different name for the same thing. The panel, by whatever name it is given, serves as a feed aggregator. Much like how Google Discover works, it displays cards from various apps and services to the user. If you seldom look at Samsung Daily, you can turn it off so that you don’t accidently swipe across to it when you’re not intending to.
Swipe right to access the Samsung Daily panel, then press the toggle at the top-right to turn it off.
Customize Your Samsung Phone
While Samsung phones offer beautiful designs and intuitive user interfaces, many people consider Bixby to be a poor substitute for Google Assistant. Although Samsung continues to improve its functionality and make it more helpful, you may want to give Bixby another shot in the future. To make your phone even better, you need be aware of several fundamental methods for customizing your Samsung phone. 12 New Year’s Resolutions for Success and Wellness – Ideas for Success and Wellness When it comes time to make New Year’s resolutions, this list of simple methods to improve your health and wellness will provide you with the motivation you need.
He is best known for his role in the film The Great Gatsby (776 Articles Published) Joe was born with a keyboard in his hands and began writing about technology very shortly after birth.
He holds a BA (Hons) in Business and is now a full-time freelance writer who likes making complex technology understandable to the general public. Joe Keeley has more to say.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
How to Disable Bixby
- Log in to your Samsung account if you haven’t already. To accessBixby Home, press theBixbybutton on your device’s screen or swipe right on its screen. Select theSettingsicon located at the top of the screen to begin. Turn off theBixby key option by pressing it once.
This post will show you how to turn off Bixby on your Samsung smartphone. It also contains instructions for removing the swipe across to access the Bixby Home function and the Bixby voice on Samsung Galaxy devices. This information applies to the Samsung Galaxy Note10, Note10+, S10e, S10, S10+, Fold, Note9, S9, S9+, Note9, S8, and S8+, as well as the Galaxy Note9, S9+, Note9, S8, and S8+.
How to Log In to Samsung Account
You must first connect into your Samsung account in order to disable Bixby functions.
- To accessBixby Home, press theBixbybutton on the device’s screen or swipe right on the device’s screen. SelectNext
- Choose a language for Bixby Voice from the drop-down menu. SelectSign In from the drop-down menu. Enter the username and password for your Samsung account and click “Login” to complete the process.
If you don’t already have a Samsung account, sign up for one. The option to create an account is available from the Sign In box. Select this option, fill out the needed information, and agree to the terms and conditions before submitting your application. You will receive an email to confirm that your account has been created. You will be able to sign in after your identity has been validated.
How to Disable the Bixby Button
Bixby keeps coming up when you least expect it, and you’re getting tired of it. Even though Samsung’s virtual personal assistant offers a number of intriguing capabilities, some Samsung smartphone customers would rather that the feature be turned off. This article will show you how to disable Bixby when you connect into your Samsung account.
- To accessBixby Home, press theBixbybutton on the device or swipe right on the device screen. Alternatively, select theSettingsicon located in the top right corner of the screen. Turn off theBixby key option by pressing it once.
How to Disable Bixby Home’s Swipe Access Feature
The Bixby Home screen may still be accessed by swiping right on the left side of the screen, even when the Bixby button has been deactivated. To turn off Bixby Home on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 8, and Galaxy Note 9, follow these instructions:
- Long press any vacant spot on the device’s screen for a long period of time. Wipe left until you see theBixby Homescreen tile on your screen. Changing the location ofBixby Home to theOffposition
How to Disable Bixby Voice
Disabling Bixby Voice requires a few additional steps, but is still pretty straightforward. To turn off Bixby Voice on the Galaxy S8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note 8, and Galaxy Note 9, follow these instructions:
- Activate the three-dot menuicon located in the upper-right corner of the screen. Toggle theBixby Voiceoption to theOffposition by selectingSettings and clicking on it.
Bixby Features You Don’t Have to Disable
Bixby Home, Bixby Voice, and the Bixby button have all been turned off, thereby shutting off the smart assistant function altogether. Bixby services such as Bixby Vision in the camera app, for example, will continue to function. In order to avoid utilizing Bixby Vision, skip the setup process and avoid selecting the Bixby Vision option while using the Samsung camera application. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to turn off Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S9, S8, and Note 8
It’s not enough to have the latest and greatest devices, applications, and games; you also need to know how to utilize them effectively. Our how-to articles for experienced and novice users working with Internet, macOS, Windows, Chrome OS, iOS, and Android apps and services as well as mobile devices and laptops are available on The Verge’s How-To section. We’ve got you covered when it comes to technology, with everything from straightforward instructions on how to install and operate new gadgets to little-known ideas on how to take use of hidden capabilities and the best methods for expanding power and storage.
After unpacking Samsung’s latest flagship phone and gushing over its elegant design (including the presence of a physical headphone port), it’s likely that you’ll find yourself pressing the dedicated Bixby button on the side of the device.
However, many of you will unavoidably bring up Bixby when you are actually trying to control the volume; the buttons are a little too close together to avoid making an accidental error every so often.
If you see that this is happening frequently, you have the option of completely deactivating Bixby. Accidental presses of the button will have no impact in this manner. Bixby will not interfere with your work, and you will not have to waste time dismissing it when you are through.
The Bixby button can be seen on the home screen and is used to bring up the main Bixby app. (You may also go to this page by pressing and holding the button while saying “Bixby settings.” Three symbols should be visible at the top right of your screen: a globe, a gear, and the conventional three-dot hamburger menu. Toggle off the “Bixby key” option by selecting the gear icon and pressing it. There. You’ve completed your task.
To turn off Bixby entirely:
The methods outlined above will prevent the Bixby button from completing any relevant actions; it will now function as a dead button. To your heart’s delight, if you are the fidgety sort, press it all the way. Nothing is going to happen. At this time, Samsung’s virtual assistant is still fully operational, and you can activate Bixby by speaking into the device or by sliding over to Bixby Home, which is located to the left of your primary home screen. Once again, it’s recommended at the very least giving Bixby a go to see how you like it before making a decision.
- If you want to totally turn off Bixby Voice and Bixby Home, you must disable both services at the same time.
- To turn off the voice hot phrase, press the three-dot symbol that was previously described.
- By turning it off, you are effectively eliminating another method of calling up Bixby.
- Squeeze and hold a blank portion of your home screen for a few seconds, then swipe right to access the leftmost panel, which contains Bixby Home.
How to Disable Bixby on a Samsung Device
Virtual assistants have grown more popular, with virtually all smartphone makers now offering some form of virtual assistant. Bixby is Samsung’s response to Amazon’s Alexa and Apple’s Siri, and it can be found on the company’s smartphones. Given Samsung’s position as the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer, it was only a matter of time until they released their own voice assistant. Bixby, like other smartphone assistants, may be used for a wide variety of tasks. Making phone calls, setting timers, asking about the weather, and other activities fall under this category.
This post will walk you through the process of successfully disabling Bixby on your Samsung smartphone.
How to Disable the Bixby Button
Samsung gives its users with a dedicated button that they may press at any time to call Bixby. The Bixby button is located on the right-hand side of the keyboard, beneath the volume control. It’s also employed as the primary power supply button on the computer. This function might rapidly become irritating for certain users due to the fact that Bixby can be summoned by accident if the button is touched.
Additionally, users may want to use the side button exclusively to turn the device on and off. To your advantage, removing this function is a reasonably simple operation that only involves a handful of steps:
- Continue to hold down the side key
- When the “Side Key Settings” option displays, choose it by tapping it. Select “Power Off Menu” from the drop-down menu below where it reads “Press and Hold.” If you want to turn off Bixby, make sure the toggle next to “Open Bixby” is not turned on.
How to Disable Bixby Voice
If you find Bixby speaking to you from within your bag on a regular basis, it may be time to turn off the function entirely. It just takes a few simple actions to do this.
- Hold down the Bixby button, which is situated on the side of your phone, for several seconds. When the Bixby menu displays, choose “Side Key Settings” from the list. Change the toggle next to the words “Bixby Voice Switch” so that it is not activated.
How to Disable Bixby on an S21
As with previous Samsung Galaxy smartphones, Bixby can be accessed on the S21 by holding down the Bixby/power button, which is positioned under the volume buttons on the side of the device. Here’s how to turn off Bixby on your Galaxy S21.
- When you are on your “Home” page, slide down to reveal the notifications menu
- To turn on the computer, press the “Power” button in the upper right corner of the screen. “Side Key Settings” will be shown. You’ll see two alternatives underneath the “Press and Hold” instruction: “Wake Bixby” and “Power Off Menu.” To turn off Bixby, go to the “Power Off Menu” and select “Power Off.”
How to Disable Bixby on an S20
For those of you who are utilizing a Samsung Galaxy S20, the Bixby button may be found beneath the volume control. This button is also used to switch the power on and off on your computer. It is customary to access Bixby by pushing down on this function key. This functionality, on the other hand, may be customized in the Bixby settings.
- For those of you who are utilizing a Samsung Galaxy S20, the Bixby button may be found beneath the volume controls. Using this button, you may also switch your power on and off. By pushing down on this function, you can generally go to Bixby. This functionality, on the other hand, may be customized in the Bixby settings menu.
How to Disable Bixby on an S10?
Because to software changes, users of earlier Samsung Galaxy devices, such as the S10, may discover that they are no longer able to disable the Bixby key. Although it is possible to change your settings to make it more difficult to mistakenly activate Bixby, this is not recommended. It is necessary to acquire access to a certain configuration connected with Bixby in order to accomplish this.
- To visit the Bixby home page, press and hold down the Bixby side key for a few seconds. Choose one of the three dots that show on your computer screen. After that, you’ll need to select “Settings.” Continue to scroll until you see the words “Bixby Key” on your screen
- You’ll be given with a list of alternatives at this point. Select “Double Press to Open Bixby” from the menu. Once you’ve accomplished this step, you’ll be able to access Bixby solely by double-tapping the Bixby button on your device’s home screen.
How to Disable Bixby on an S51?
The settings on an S51 may be changed to completely disable Bixby, much like the settings on most newer Samsung Galaxy devices. Especially if you find yourself accidentally activating the function on a regular basis, this can be quite handy. The process of updating the settings on your S51 smartphone is quite simple:
- The Bixby side key, located on the side of your phone, should be pressed and held down to enter the Bixby home page. Select “Settings” from the three vertical dots that show after tapping on them. Select “Bixby Key” from the drop-down menu. Select “Double Press to Open Bixby” from the drop-down menu that appears. Upon completion, you will be able to access Bixby only by double-tapping the Bixby button, reducing the likelihood of it being unintentionally accessed.
How to Disable Bixby on an S8
The ability to turn off Bixby completely is no longer available for people using previous versions of Samsung Galaxy. By using a double-tap option, they may make it more difficult for others to gain access to their information instead.
- To reach the Bixby home page, press and hold the side key that is situated beneath the volume control button. Press the three vertical dots that will display on your screen after you are finished. “Settings” will be shown. Choose “Bixby Key” from the list of available options.
- In order to open Bixby, you must first press “Double Press to Open Bixby.” Rather than a single press, you will now only be able to access Bixby in its entirety by double-tapping the Bixby button.
While it is possible to turn off Bixby completely, it may be more convenient to grant the function permission to access only specific applications so that you can take benefit of the capabilities that are now available. Here’s how it’s done: Holding down the side key (or double-tapping if you’ve previously altered the feature) will take you to the Bixby home page. 2. Click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the screen to bring up the context menu. 3. Select “Bixby Key” from the “Settings” menu.
You may also touch “Perform a Quick Command” to have Bixby run a quick command when the button is hit.
What Is Bixby Vision?
Bixby Vision is a function that is available on recent Samsung Galaxy phones and may be accessed through the Camera application. The tool allows users to translate language that appears on a picture, as well as provide more image information and assist you in finding comparable photographs.
To gain access to this functionality, follow these steps: 1. Launch the Camera application. 2. Select “More” from the drop-down menu. 3. To enable “Bixby Vision,” choose it from the drop-down menu.
A virtual assistant may be useful in a variety of scenarios, such as when you want to listen to music in the vehicle without having to touch your phone physically. Nonetheless, the function may not be suitable for many users when it comes to regular use. Perhaps you find yourself unintentionally activating Bixby and find the function to be obtrusive and inconvenient. Or perhaps you simply like to use your smartphone in a more manual manner. Whatever your reason for wanting to disable the Bixby function, understanding how to do so is highly useful.
What is it that makes you want to turn off this feature?