- 1 Transfer content from an iOS device with Samsung Smart Switch
- 2 How To Transfer Data from an iPhone to a Samsung Phone
- 3 Things to Know First
- 4 How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Samsung and iPhone Happy Together
- 7 Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- 8 Before you begin
- 9 Tap Move Data from Android
- 10 Wait for a code
- 11 Use the code
- 12 Connect to a temporary Wi-Fi network
- 13 Choose your content and wait
- 14 Set up your iOS device
- 15 Finish up
- 16 If you need help with the transfer
- 17 If you need help after the transfer
- 18 How to move from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy
- 19 Import contacts and other data from an iCloud backup
- 20 Moving your pictures, videos, and other data using a USB ‘on-the-go’ cable
- 21 Know-How To Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung?
- 22 Samsung Transfer
- 23 Part 2. Try Samsung Smart Switch To Transfer Data:
- 24 Part 3. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone’s Data To Samsung:
- 25 Part 4. Use iCloud to Retrieve iPhone’s Data To Samsung:
- 26 Part 5: Copy Data From iPhone to Samsung with Computer:
- 27 Part 6: Comparison of Above Solutions:
- 28 5 Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- 29 Method 1. Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9 Wirelessly with Samsung Smart Switch
- 30 Method 2. Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9 via USB cable with Samsung Smart Switch
- 31 Method 3. One-click to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
- 32 Method 4. Retrieve iTunes Backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
- 33 Method 5. Retrieve iCloud backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
- 34 Video Tutorial – Sync iPhone Data to Samsung
- 35 What’s next? Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Data Transfer now!
- 36 Switch from iPhone to a Google Pixel phone
- 37 Switch from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy phone
- 38 Five surprises switching from iOS to Android and back again
- 39 Top 5 Ways to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- 40 Method 1: One-click to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
- 41 Method 2: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Wirelessly with Samsung Smart Switch
- 42 Method 3: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung via USB Cable with Samsung Smart Switch
- 43 Method 4: Restore iTunes Backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
- 44 Method 5: Retrieve iCloud backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
- 45 How to transfer from an iPhone to an Android Device
- 46 How to transfer data from iPhone to Android
- 47 looking for better mobile value?
- 48 Transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
- 49 How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Android
- 50 Transferring game data from iPhone to Android
- 51 Transferring calendar data from iPhone to Android
- 52 Learning how to use your new phone
Transfer content from an iOS device with Samsung Smart Switch
For the best results, you should first sync your iOS phone with iCloud to ensure that all of your most recent stuff is available for transfer. Navigate toSettings on your iOS device and then hit yourApple ID to sign in. TapiCloud, and then pick the data you want to sync from the drop-down menu. The synchronization will take place automatically. Please keep in mind that if you are unfamiliar with utilizing iCloud, you should visit theiCloud setup webpage. Whenever you’re ready, moving all of your stuff from your old phone to your new one is a breeze with iTunes.
- LaunchSmart Turn on the new Samsung Galaxy phone. If this is your first time using Smart Switch, you will need to tapAgreeand then tapAllowto accept the terms of service
- If this is not your first time using Smart Switch, you will need to tapAgreeand then tapAllowto accept the terms of service
- If this is your first time using Smart Switch, you will need to tapAgreeand then tapAllowto accept the terms of service
- If this is your first time using Smart Switch, you will need to tapAgreeand Then select “Receive data” from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, selectiPhone/iPad and then selectGet data from iCloud at the bottom of the screen
- Sign in to iCloud by entering your Apple ID and password and then tappingSign in to iCloud. Enter the verification code and then press the OK button. Select the information you wish to transmit and press the Import button.
iCloud allows for the transmission of the following types of data:
- Contacts, a schedule, notes, a call history, and bookmarks are all examples of personal information. Please keep in mind that your personal information is protected with Smart Switch. Each and every piece of information transported from iCloud backup servers to your phone is encrypted and never made available to any other Samsung or third-party devices. Photos, Live Photos, Videos (only DRM-free material), Documents, Recommended applications, and Voice Memos are among the types of data stored in the app. Configuration, and so on: Wi-Fi and alarms are included.
Please keep in mind that music and films purchased through iTunes cannot be moved from iCloud. Music from your iTunes library that has not been encrypted may be transferred to your phone by simply transferring the M4A files from a PC that contains your iTunes library. Alternatively, you may transfer your music files straight from a computer. Note: The Galaxy S10+, S10, S10e, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, and Z Flip all come with a USB-OTG adaptor, which is included in the package. Using Wi-Fi is recommended if you are transferring a big quantity of data, since this allows you to keep both phones hooked into chargers while the transfer is taking place.
A MicroUSB to USB converter as well as the iOS cord that comes with your iOS phone will be required for this procedure (OTG cable).
- Smart Switch on the new Galaxy phone is launched, and then tapReceive data is selected. TapiPhone/iPad. Connect the two phones together using the lightning connector included with the iOS phone and a USB-OTG adaptor. TapTruston on the iPhone’s screen. On the Galaxy phone, press the Next button. Then select the content you wish to transfer and press the Transfer button. In order to complete the process, hit Done on the new phone and Close on the old phone.
A USB cable can be used to transport the following types of data:
- Contacts, Schedule, Messages, Notes, Call history, and Bookmarks are all examples of personal stuff. Please keep in mind that your personal information is protected with Smart Switch. Each and every piece of information transported from iCloud backup servers to your phone is encrypted and never made available to any other Samsung or third-party devices. Photos, music (only DRM-free content), videos (only DRM-free content), documents, recommended applications, and voice memos are all included in the app’s data. Configuration, and so on: Wi-Fi and alarms are included.
Contacts, Schedule, Messages, Notes, Call history, and Bookmarks are all examples of personal stuff on a smartphone. Please keep in mind that Smart Switch protects your personal information. Each and every piece of information transported from iCloud backup servers to your phone is encrypted and never made available to any other Samsung or third-party devices; Photos, music (only DRM-free material), videos (only DRM-free content), documents, recommended applications, and voice memos are all types of data that may be found in apps.
Internet access, as well as alarms
- With a USB cord, connect your old phone to your computer. On your phone, press the Allow button. SelectBackup from the Smart Switch menu on your PC after navigating to and opening it. Select the types of files that you wish to transfer, and then click on the “Done” button. Your computer will begin to back up all of your information. Upon completion, a message will display to inform you that it has been successfully completed
- Simply click OK
In the case of a PC or a Mac, when you back up your data, the files are stored in a default place on the computer. Instead, you can provide a precise place if that is what you want. The following are the default places for your saved data to assist you in finding it:
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista: C:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoamingC:UsersAppDataRoaming Using the Samsung Smart Switch PC, you can backup your data to C:UsersDocumentsSamsungSmartSwitch on Windows 10 and /Users/DocumentsSamsungSmartSwitch/backup on Mac OS X. If you want to go to the AppData folder quickly, use the Start key on your keyboard. Appdata should be typed into the search field, followed by the Enter key
You may also sync the data from your phone with your PC or Mac. This guarantees that the material on your computer and phone is the same as on your PC. On a personal computer (PC),
- Open Smart Switch on your PC and selectOutlook Sync from the drop-down menu. Fill up the form using your Microsoft Outlook login information if necessary. Then select Sync Preferences for Outlook from the drop-down menu. Make a selection of what you wish to sync and then click OK. When you are finished, click Sync Now, and then click Confirm when you are completed.
- Upon completion of the synchronizing process, selectConfirm
- Select the content from your computer that you want to sync, and then click SyncNow. Open Smart Switch on your Mac and select Sync from the drop-down menu.
How To Transfer Data from an iPhone to a Samsung Phone
You’ve come to the conclusion that your relationship with Apple is ended. You’d want to try out Android for a while, and it appears that the safest bet would be a Samsung smartphone. After all, they’re the largest manufacturer, and they have their own line of watches, allowing you to swiftly and easily replace your Apple Watch if something goes wrong. However, how does one go about transferring data from an iPhone to a Samsung?
You don’t have to do anything, to be honest. The alternative is to start from over – but realistically, you’ll have many things you want to transfer over to make your new best friend feel at ease with you and vice versa. Learn how to make that shift as painless as possible.
Things to Know First
Before we begin the transfer procedure, there are several things your should know. First, the iOS and Android platforms aren’t interoperable. This means that we’ll need to get creative and utilize some additional programs to move all of your iPhone data to your Samsung smartphone. Fortunately, in 2021, there is no shortage of handy tools to move information between the two operating systems. Here is a list of things you’ll need to move the material between devices:
- Your Passwords – Google Passwords, your screen unlock code, and even your iCloud password may be required in certain situations. Ensure that both devices are switched on and have functional touch displays in order to send the most amount of information possible. The stability of your internet connection – The better your WiFi signal, the faster your data transmission will be. The Google Play Store and the App Store are required for several of our approaches, and you will need to download various software on both devices in order to complete them
There are gadgets, techniques, and even cloud services that you can use to move everything from one phone to another. Read on for more information. The purpose of this post is to demonstrate how to transfer as much of your iPhone’s information as possible to your new Samsung smartphone in the quickest and most convenient method possible.
How to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung
Let’s get started, supposing you have all of the tools we described before in this section.
The USB Transfer
The Type-C to USB transfer converter, which comes along with your new Samsung smartphone, is one of the most useful accessories you’ll ever own. This little adapter enables you to connect both phones through a wired connection, allowing you to transfer any suitable files and data fast between them both. Despite the fact that iOS devices and Samsung smartphones have separate connectors, a USB transfer may be performed. You’ll need an iPhone transfer/charge cord as well as the USB transfer adapter that came with your Samsung phone to complete this task.
- Connect the iPhone cable to your iPhone and turn it on. The USB end of the iPhone cord should be plugged into the adaptor. Connect the adapter to the charging port on your Samsung device. Tap on your iPhone to turn it on
- Enter the screen unlock code for your iPhone
- On your Samsung, press the Allow button. Your transfer should commence on its own without any intervention.
Take note, though, that your Samsung will need to be charged to at least 60% in order for this to function properly. We choose this approach since it is quick, straightforward, and allows us to send a large amount of data.
Using Smart Switch
Even if you don’t have a USB transfer adapter or if your Samsung isn’t fully charged, you can still use Smart Switch over WiFi if you don’t have one. If you have a Samsung, this option will display in the setup wizard. Alternatively, you may use the Smart Switch app on your Samsung to access it. In order for this to function, both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network at the same time. Here’s how you go about it:
- Open Smart Switch on your Samsung smartphone and select “Get data from iCloud instead” from the drop-down menu. To gain access to your stuff, sign into your iCloud account and input the verification code
- The data on your iPhone will begin to move on its own own.
Once the process is complete, your data will show on your Samsung phone while remaining unaltered on your Apple device.
Copy My Data
An other handy tool is the Copy My Data app, which is accessible on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Create a connection between both devices using the same WiFi network after downloading the program on both. Then, on both phones, launch the Copy My Data application. Allow the app on both devices to have access to the storage on your phone. The procedure will begin once you have connected your devices in accordance with the instructions. Copy My Data is a popular app since it is accessible on both the Apple and Google Play app stores and because it transfers a wide number of file formats.
Using Google Cloud Services
Google is yet another choice available to you. Transferring data between the Google Photos app, Google Drive, and your Gmail account is really simple because to the numerous alternatives provided by the Google platform. Even if your iPhone’s screen isn’t working, you should be able to have your contacts transferred in the majority of cases. In most cases, your Gmail account will preserve your contacts for you automatically. When you sign in to your Gmail account on your new Samsung phone, all of your contacts should be transferred over to the new device.
You must first install the Google Photographs app on your iPhone, login in with your Google account credentials, then allow the program to back up all of your photos in order for this to function properly.
Finally, the Google Drive is a place where a little bit of everything is stored. From contacts to images and documents, you may back up a large amount of information to Google Drive and retrieve it on your Samsung device.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you get a new phone, it might be stressful. However, moving your data is much simpler if you know how to do it. This section has been expanded to contain more information.
Can I transfer SMS messages from iPhone to a Samsung?
Absolutely! The transmission of SMS text messages from your iPhone to your Samsung is not impossible, despite widespread perception. The Samsung Smart Switch technique described above is most likely the quickest and most convenient method of transferring text messages from one phone to another. Just remember that only texts stored on your iPhone will be transferred, not those stored in the iCloud. If the Smart Switch app is not functioning properly for you, contact your cell phone service provider.
My iPhone isn’t working. How do I transfer my data?
If your iPhone isn’t operating properly, or if the touch screen isn’t responding, the only way to transmit your data will be through one of the Google services indicated above. Unfortunately, no matter whatever technique you use to transfer all of your data over to the iPhone, you will be required to interact with the device’s screen in some way. Having your iPhone’s screen changed may be worth it if your iPhone will turn on but will not display any content. This will allow you to recover texts, images, and other important data from your iPhone.
Samsung and iPhone Happy Together
The ability to transfer the material from your iPhone to your Samsung is demonstrated in the video above. Describe how you migrated your data in the comments section below!
Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Are you ready to make the switch to iOS? Install the Move to iOS app on your Android device to receive assistance in making the transition to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Before you begin
- To begin, make sure that Wi-Fi is switched on on your Android smartphone. Connect your new iOS device as well as your Android device to a power source. Inspect your new iOS device to ensure that the stuff you’re migrating, including any content on your external Micro SD card, will fit on it. If you wish to move your Chrome bookmarks to your Android smartphone, make sure you have the most recent version of Chrome installed.
Tap Move Data from Android
Launch the Move to iOS application on your Android device. If you do not have the Move to iOS app on your new iOS device, you can scan the QR code with the camera on your Android smartphone to enter the Google Play Store if you do not have the Move to iOS app on your Android device. Continue to the next screen and carefully read the terms and conditions that appear. To proceed, select Agree from the drop-down menu.
Wait for a code
When you see the Move from Android screen on your iOS device, press the Continue button. Then you’ll have to wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to show on the screen. If your Android smartphone displays an alert indicating that your internet connection is poor, you can choose to disregard the message.
Use the code
On your Android device, enter the code that was provided.
Connect to a temporary Wi-Fi network
Your iOS device will build a temporary Wi-Fi network when you turn on the Wi-Fi feature. When prompted, select Connect to allow your Android smartphone to connect to the network. Afterwards, patiently await the appearance of the Transfer Data screen.
Choose your content and wait
Select the content that you wish to transfer from your Android smartphone and hit Continue. Leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device has finished loading, even if it appears that the procedure has been completed on your Android smartphone. Depending on how much stuff you’re transferring, the entire process might take several hours. Contacts, message history, camera photographs and videos, photo albums, files and folders, accessibility settings, display settings, online bookmarks, mail accounts, and calendars are among the items that are moved.
Some of your free applications will move as well if they are accessible on both Google Play and the App Store. Following the completion of the transfer, you will be able to download any free applications that were matched from the App Store.
Set up your iOS device
When the loading bar on your iOS device has finished loading, press Done on your Android smartphone to complete the process. Then, on your iOS device, choose Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup of your iOS device.
Check to see that all of your stuff has been migrated. Music, books, and PDFs must all be manually transferred to the new location. Do you want to reinstall the applications that were previously installed on your Android device? To get them, go to the App Store on your iOS device and search for them.
If you need help with the transfer
- Make careful to leave both devices unattended until the transfer is complete. Take, for example, the Move to iOS app on your Android handset, which should remain visible throughout the process. In the event that you use another app or receive a phone call on your Android device before the transfer is complete, your material will not be transferred. Make sure you have turned off any programs or settings on your Android smartphone that might interfere with your Wi-Fi connection, such as the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then, under Settings, locate Wi-Fi, touch and hold each recognized network, and select Forget Network from the list. Then try again with the transfer. Restart both of your devices and give it another shot. Turn off your Android device’s cellular data connection if it is still connected. Then try again with the transfer.
If you need help after the transfer
Information on items that are not made by Apple, as well as information about independent websites that are not managed or tested by Apple, is offered without endorsement or recommendation. Apple disclaims any and all liability in connection with the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites, goods, or services. Apple makes no guarantees as to the truth or reliability of information included on third-party websites. For further information, please contact the seller. Date of Publication: The maximum number of characters is 250.
How to move from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy
Top strategies to help you remain inside your data use restrictions are as follows: 28th of April, 2019 Using the Samsung Smart Switch app, you can transfer your data from an iCloud backup or from your iPhone directly to your Samsung phone using a USB ‘on-the-go’ (OTG) cable. If you are switching from an iPhone to a Samsung phone, you can use the Samsung Smart Switch app to transfer your data from an iPhone backup. Music will not be copied since it is not included in the iCloud backup – and you will not be able to copy it directly from the phone.
Import contacts and other data from an iCloud backup
In the case of an iPhone, you’ll want to make sure it’s backed up in iCloud before proceeding.
Back up your old iPhone or iPad
- Navigate to SettingsYour name from your Home screen. iCloudBackup
- You’ll be able to check when your phone was last backed up in this section. To create a new backup, tapBack Up Now if there isn’t one already
It may take some time for your iPhone to back up to iCloud, so be sure it is fully charged or charging while it is doing so.
Restore your backed up data to your new Samsung
InstallSamsung Smart Switchfrom the Google Play Store on your Samsung phone to get things started. Once it has been installed, proceed with the following procedures.
- Activate the Smart Switch application on your smartphone. You could find it in SettingsBackup and Reset if you have a more recent Samsung phone. Smart Switch should be turned on. To begin, press the Start button on the welcome screen. The program will inform you of the permissions that it need in order to function properly. Select YES to provide permissions and proceed
- If you don’t have any wires to link the two phones together, you’ll have to use wireless technology to transfer the data. To proceed, selectWireless. While you’re transmitting data to your Samsung, press the Receive button. PickiOS Device (iOS Device)
- If you do not already have an Apple ID and password, you will be prompted to sign in with them. Sign in by entering the required information and tappingSign in. The backups that are currently accessible will be displayed once you have logged in. The backup you want to restore from will generally be the most recent one
- Choose it and press “Restore.” Once you’ve decided the sorts of data you want to transfer, tapImport. Once the transfer is complete, you’ll receive a confirmation that the fundamental information has been successfully imported. To go to the following phase, select Continue. Now you may import personal files such as photographs, videos, and other media. If you keep the Apps option enabled, Smart Switch can even identify Android replacements for the apps you already have on your iPhone. Once the data transfer has been completed, you will receive a confirmation message informing you of the information that has been successfully imported. Press the Close app button to return to your Samsung phone’s Home screen and begin using it again.
Moving your pictures, videos, and other data using a USB ‘on-the-go’ cable
Launch the Smart Switch application on your smartphone. If you do not already have it installed, you should do so by visiting the Google Play Store and downloading Samsung Smart Switch.
- To begin, locate and touch on the Smart Switch application on your new Samsung device. If you have a recent Samsung phone, it is possible that it is inSettingsBackup and reset mode. Smart Switch should be turned on. On the welcome screen, press the Start button. Choose USB Cord if you want to copy your files using an On-The-Go or ‘OTG’ cable. Follow the on-screen prompts to learn how to link your iPhone and Samsung devices together using USB cords. With the majority of Samsung devices, you’ll find an OTG adapter included. Once the phones are linked, look at the iPhone screen to see whether there is a message that appears. To allow your Samsung phone to import data from your iPhone, select Trust from the menu bar. The new Samsung will scan your old iPhone for anything that can be transferred after the phones have been successfully linked. To begin the transfer procedure, choose the data that you wish to transfer and tapTransfer. Smart Switch will discover whether there are Android equivalents to the applications you already have on your iPhone and let you know about them. After you have selected the apps you wish to keep, pressInstall to begin downloading the Android version.
Once your data has been successfully imported, you will be presented with a summary page to validate the process. To return to your Home screen and begin using your phone, selectClose App from the menu bar.
Know-How To Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung?
Using MobileTrans, you may be certain that you will be able to transfer all forms of data from your iPhone to your Samsung device in one go. It is possible for both Android and iOS users to exchange files with one another by using this app, which requires only one click. Every user may copy and move their vital data files to a new device thanks to the straightforward and user-friendly interface.
In every case, whether it’s for programs, images, videos, audio files, contacts or messages, MobileTrans will complete the transfer in a short amount of time and with no errors.
- MobileTrans is incredibly simple to use, thanks to its straightforward interface, which does not require any technical knowledge to use. It allows for the transfer of data from one phone to another, including images, movies, music, contacts, call logs, bookmarks, messages, notes, and a plethora of other types of data. Before beginning the transfer procedure, users must first pick the type of data they intend to transfer. If you use it, you won’t have any problems with compatibility difficulties. In addition, it is compatible with more than 6000 distinct phone models and even allows for data transfer between platforms such as iOS to Android (and vice versa). Throughout the process, the data’s quality would be maintained at a high level, and it would not be kept somewhere else
Here’s how to transfer data from an iPhone to a Samsung Note 9 or any other Android device, according to the instructions provided. Simply follow the instructions outlined below: First, choose Transfer Mode from the drop-down menu. Next, download and install the program from the official website and complete the setup. Then, from the program’s home screen, select the Phone Transfer mode from the drop-down menu that appears. The second step is to connect the phone and select the data type: As a result, connect both phones to your system and designate them as a source and target device, respectively.
The third step is as follows: Files to be transferred: To begin, press the Start button and wait for the program to begin the procedure.
Once the transfer is complete, you will have access to all of your iPhone data on your new Samsung phone in a matter of minutes.
Part 2. Try Samsung Smart Switch To Transfer Data:
Here’s how to transfer data from an iPhone to a Samsung Note 9 or any other Android device, according to the instructions. Simply follow the instructions outlined below: Step 1: First, choose Transfer Mode from the drop-down menu. Next, download and install the program from the official website and complete the installation. Then, from the main interface, select the Phone Transfer mode from the drop-down menu. 2. Connect your phone and choose a kind of data transmission: Connect both phones to your system and designate them as both a source and a target device, as seen in the screenshot.
3) The third step is to determine your financial situation.
To begin, press the Start button and wait for the program to begin its work.
Afterward, it will just take a few minutes for all of your iPhone data to be transferred over to your new Samsung smartphone.
Part 3. Use iTunes to Restore iPhone’s Data To Samsung:
If you wish to transfer data from your iPhone to your Samsung straight from an iTunes backup, you will want the assistance of the Samsung Smart Switch App for PC. The specialized software has been created in such a manner that it can accept data transmission from any device or platform without any issues whatsoever. You must follow the procedures outlined below in order to understand how to transfer data from an iPhone to a Samsung device using iTunes: Make a backup of your iPhone using iTunes first, and then follow the steps below.
navigate to the Summary tab Options for a fallback position iTunes will perform a backup and produce a copy of the most recent backup file.
Connection of the Samsung phone to the PC and launch of the application are steps three and four, respectively.
The most recent iTunes backup file will be automatically discovered and imported into the program. The transfer procedure will be started, and the data contained in the iTunes backup will be restored to the Samsung device after it has been completed.
Part 4. Use iCloud to Retrieve iPhone’s Data To Samsung:
Just like iTunes, you will need support from the Samsung Smart Switch software to recover iPhone’s data to Samsung phone. When you are trying to download data from iCloud, the Wireless transfer option will come in helpful. To understand how to transfer all data from iPhone to Samsung using iCloud, follow the instructions below: Step 1:Create the latest backup of your iPhone on iCloud. Open SettingsiCloudBackupBack Up Now and a backup will be established on the cloud. Step 2:Now, launch the Smart Switch app on your Samsung phone and pick the Wireless option.
The third step is as follows: Provide your iCloud account information within the app and sign in.
You may transfer as much data as you wish using this way.
Part 5: Copy Data From iPhone to Samsung with Computer:
Using a computer can assist you in transferring data from your iPhone to your Samsung S9 smartphone. It is a reliable approach for transferring the majority of the iPhone data to the Samsung smartphone. Simply follow the instructions outlined below: Step 1: Connect your iPhone to your computer and provide it permission to view your data on the PC. When you open the storage, you will see that the data files are present. Right-click on the files and folders to choose them and copy them to a new folder on your computer’s hard drive.
Then, connect your Samsung phone to your computer and navigate to your device’s storage space.
Wait because, depending on the quantity of data you wish to transmit, the operation may take longer than normal to complete.
Part 6: Comparison of Above Solutions:
We have not yet discovered the solution to the question, “Can you transfer data from an iPhone to a Samsung?” Because we now know that the transfer is doable, it is critical to examine the various options in order to select the most advantageous one.
|Features||Supported Data Type||Ease of Transfer||Processing Speed||Success Rate|
|MobileTrans||Support for all data types including calls, messages, media files, and others||Very Easy||3X faster than any other method||100% Successful|
|Smart Switch||Support for major data files including media files, documents, etc.||Moderate||Regular speed||The transfer is interrupted if the connection is lost|
|Using iTunes||Only the data that is backed up on iTunes||Hard||Time-consuming||Successful sometimes|
|Using iCloud||Data that is backed up on iCloud||Hard||Time Consuming||Successful sometimes|
|Computer Transfer||Only media files||Hard||Depends on the data||One corrupted file will result in failure|
Upon completion of this instruction, you will be aware that there are several options for data transmission techniques to choose from. After learning how to transfer data from iPhone to Samsung, picking which option is most suited for you becomes much easier to choose. With MobileTrans, you can be certain of a speedy and comprehensive transfer, something that neither of the other choices can provide. Do not forget to pass along the software’s name to your friends and relatives.
5 Methods to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
When it comes to performance, the Samsung Galaxy S9 is driven by the Exynos 9810 engine, which clocks at 1.7GHz and comes with 4GB of RAM. There is 64GB of internal storage in the phone, which can be extended by up to 400GB with the use of a microSD card. In terms of imaging capabilities, the Samsung Galaxy S9 has a 12-megapixel main camera on the back and an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for taking selfies. The Samsung Galaxy S9 is powered by a 3000mAh non-removable battery and runs on Android 8.0 operating system.
Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, and USB OTG are all available as connectivity choices.
We now have sufficient information regarding the Samsung S9.
In addition to learning about transferring data from iTunes backups and iCloud backups to the Samsung S9, we’ll learn about the specifics of moving data from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy S9 directly in this post.
You may also use our instruction to get started with your brand new Samsung Galaxy S9 if you have recently purchased one.
Method 1. Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9 Wirelessly with Samsung Smart Switch
To transfer data from an iOS device to a Samsung device, the Smart Switch software must first be installed on the Samsung device. Discover and install the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app from the Google Play store on your Samsung smartphone, then press the update button (The version must be V3.3.02-4 or higher). The Smart Switch Mobile app only partly supports iCloud backups created using the iOS 9 operating system. Using iOS 9, you will only be able to transfer your contacts, calendar, photos, and videos if you have made a backup of them.
- Step 1 If you wish to transfer data wirelessly, you must first prepare your transferring materials Using iCloud in advance of the transfer.
- If iCloud Backup is not enabled, move the slider to the right and then selectBack Up Now.
- After that, selectiOS by touchingRECEIVE.
- Select the fundamental contents you wish to import and then press the IMPORT button on your keyboard.
- Step 4: At this point, all of the selected contents will be transferred to your Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone.
Method 2. Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9 via USB cable with Samsung Smart Switch
To transfer data from an iOS device to a Samsung device, the Smart Switch software must first be installed on the Samsung device. Discover and install the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app from the Google Play store on your Samsung smartphone, then press the update button (The version must be V3.3.02-4 or higher). It is important to ensure that both your iPhone and Samsung Galaxy S9 are fully charged before beginning this process because it will take some time if there is a considerable quantity of data to be transferred.
- First, you must prepare an iOS cable and a Micro USB to USB converter, which are both required for this procedure (OTG cable).
- Then, using the USB cable that came with your old iPhone and the USB-OTG converter that came with your Samsung Galaxy S9, link the two devices together.
- As soon as you see it, tapTrust and then tapNEXT.
- Step 4 Hold on to your patience until all of your contents have been moved.
Method 3. One-click to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
The Syncios Data Transfer application has served as a professional data transfer tool for many years.
In one click, it allows you to transfer all of your data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9, including contacts, messages, call logs, music, photos, videos, and bookmarks. As an added bonus, it is also capable of recovering iTunes / iCloud backups to Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphones with relative ease.
Features of Syncios Data Transfer:
- Phone-to-Phone Transfer in lossless quality with a single click
- Numerous operating systems are supported: Android and iOS are supported on multiple phones. Recover data from an iTunes or iCloud backup on an iOS or Android device. Sync the contents of your iTunes Library across your computer and your mobile devices. Backup your mobile phone data to your PC and restore it whenever you want
Step 1: Download and install Syncios Data Transfer on your computer, and then run it to begin working. Step 2: On the webpage, you will see three different modes; select Transfermode. Step 3: Connect both the iPhone XS and the Samsung Galaxy S9 to the computer simultaneously. Keep the devices unlocked and be sure to read every pop-up message on the iPhone or Galaxy S9 that appears. When you see it, click on ‘Trust’ or ‘Allow’. Check to see if the USB debugging mode is enabled on your Samsung Galaxy S9 smartphone before continuing.
- If you have any additional phone identification issues, please visit these links: for iOS detection issues / for Android detection issues.
- By clicking on the Flipoption button in the centre of the screen, the positions may be swapped.
- Step 5: Select the contents and then wait for the data to load.
- To begin the transfer, click on the Next button.
Method 4. Retrieve iTunes Backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
If you’ve already created an iTunes backup, you may transfer iPhone data from your iTunes backup to your Galaxy S9 without the need for an iPhone. If you haven’t already, follow the instructions here to create an iTunes backup before beginning the data transfer. Step 1: Launch Syncios Data Transfer and choose Restoremode, then select the iTunes backup from the drop-down menu. Connect your Galaxy S9 to your computer via a USB cable. Step 2Syncios can automatically detect and show all of your iTunes backups that are stored on your computer in a pop-up window, saving you time.
- Select “OK” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: Select the contents you require and wait for the data to be loaded.
- Syncios is now transferring your iTunes backup to your Galaxy S9.
- You can return at a later time; just make sure the gadget is correctly connected first.
Method 5. Retrieve iCloud backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
If you’ve already performed an iCloud backup, you may transfer iPhone data from your iCloud backup to your Galaxy S9 without the need for an iPhone. However, if you haven’t done so already or if you haven’t done so in a long time, please follow the instructions here to build an iCloud backup prior to data transfer. Please remember to switch off iCloud Library once you have finished backing up with iCloud. If you have the iCloud Library turned on, Syncios Files Transfer will be unable to recognize your data.
Step 2After selecting RestoreiCloud Backup, you’ll be prompted to enter your iCloudApple ID.
If you encounter a problem when signing into iCloud, please see this article for instructions on how to resolve it.
Check the boxes next to the iCloud backups you require. Click on the Next button. To load the iCloud backup, pick items from the drop-down menu. Finally, click on the Next button to begin the transfer. Wait patiently, as it will take some time for all of the data to be sent.
Video Tutorial – Sync iPhone Data to Samsung
There are several options available, so which one do you prefer? For those of you who have been using a Samsung device for a long time, you may want to explore the possibilities of another program – Syncios Data Transfer. It enables you to transfer all of your data from another device to your new Samsung phone in a short period of time and to recover iTunes and iCloud backups without overwriting any data.
What’s next? Download Samsung Galaxy S9 Data Transfer now!
Choose your favorite technique from the options provided above. For those of you who have been using a Samsung device for a long time, you may want to explore the possibilities of another tool – Synchios Data Transfer. Syncing all of your data from another device to your new Samsung phone is quick and easy, and restoring your iTunes or iCloud backups without overwriting your data is simple.
Get professional advice on how to use your phone, computer, smart home devices, and other devices. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days for delivery. The little plastic adapter that Google and Samsung (on occasion) offer in the package is the key to a quick and painless data transfer process. Like hiring expert movers to transport your belongings, unpack them and decorate your new home in the same manner as your previous one! Using the adapter, you may connect your new phone to your old iPhone by connecting it to one end of it with a USB-A connector and the other end with a USB-C connector.
Photos, movies, data, music, and wallpaper may all be transferred over with the adaptor.
While iMessage will not operate on an Android phone, you may transfer your message history and threads to your new phone.
Switch from iPhone to a Google Pixel phone
First and foremost, if you’re transferring from an iPhone to a Google Pixel, you’ll want to charge both phones before you start using them. After that, you’ll want to switch off iMessage on all of your Apple devices – that is, any device that is associated with your AppleID. To turn off iMessage, go to Settings > Messages > Turn off iMessage. If your new Pixel arrived with a SIM card, insert it, turn the phone on, then press theStartbutton to get started. Connect to a Wi-Fi network and then selectCopy your data from the drop-down menu.
- The other end should be plugged into the “magic adaptor,” which Google refers to as a Quick Switch Adapter (QSA).
- You may also utilize a USB-C to Lighting cable to connect your devices.
- CNET image courtesy of Charles Wagner When asked, press the Truston button on your iPhone.
- Following that, select precisely what you want to copy (pictures, music, messages, and so on), and then tapCopy.
- This process might take anything from a few minutes to a number of hours, depending on how much items you’re relocating.
- You’re finished as soon as the transfer is completed.
Ensure that everything you intended to migrate was successfully done so that you may enjoy your new Google experience. We were able to discover two simple methods for switching from an iPhone to an Android device thanks to Google and Samsung. CNET image courtesy of Charles Wagner
Switch from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy phone
A data adaptor is included with a new Samsung Galaxy phone, however you may also transfer data via Wi-Fi if you have an older Galaxy phone. Because it is quicker, I recommend that you utilize the adaptor. You may also link the two devices together using a USB-C to Lighting connection. As with the Pixel transfer, the first step is to ensure that both phones are fully charged, and that iMessage is turned off on your iPhone before to proceeding. However, unlike the Pixel, you have the option of setting up your Galaxy phone as a new device and then transferring the data, allowing you to begin using your phone immediately rather than having to wait for it to sync.
It may take a few moments for your phone to download the app.
In the next step, connect both phones using the adapter and your iPhone’s lightning connector; however, if you’re transferring via Wi-Fi, you won’t need to link the phones together with cables.
CNET image courtesy of Charles Wagner The iPhone will display a message that says “Connecting to your iPhone.” The Samsung phone will display a message that reads “Connecting to your iPhone.” If your iPhone’s backups are encrypted, you may be requested to enter your password to complete the backup.
- Following that, the Samsung phone will search for data on your iPhone.
- Then click on the transfer arrow.
- After that, browse through your new Samsung phone and make sure all of your info is in order.
- The Galaxy Note 10 has six new photography skills that you may master once all of your data has been transferred to your new phone.
Five surprises switching from iOS to Android and back again
See all of the images
Top 5 Ways to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
You’ve decided to end your relationship with Apple. The Samsung Galaxy Phone is the right choice for you if you want to give Android a try for the first time. SamsungInc. is the largest manufacturer in the world, and the firm has its own line of smart watches, which means you may quickly and simply replace your Apple watch with one from SamsungInc. What is the best way to transfer data from an iPhone to a Samsung device? It’s true that you aren’t required to do anything if you choose to start over from the beginning – but in reality, there is a lot of information that you will want to transfer to your new Samsung device in order to make the transition as seamless as possible.
Here’s how to make the transfer as painless as possible for everyone involved.
Method 1: One-click to Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus
Using third-party tools such as the iPhone to Samsung Data Move-Samsung Data Transfer, users of both the iPhone and the Samsung device may transfer data from one device to the other with ease. Among the sorts of things that may be transferred are text messages and contacts as well as audio and video files as well as images, and software programs. It is totally compatible with practically all Samsung devices and iPhones, including the most recent Samsung Galaxy Note 9/Note 9 Plus/S9/S9 Plus and iPhone XR, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and other iPhone models, as well as older Samsung Galaxy devices.
- There is a version for both Mac and Windows users available for download.
- After downloading and installing the program, launch it to gain access to the main interface.
- Connect the phones to the computer with the help of two USB cords.
- On the interface, you will see a list of all of the files that may be transferred.
- Choose the file categories you want to move, and then choose the files you want to move.
- Remember to use the “Flip” button if you need to adjust the position of the two phones in the image below.
Method 2: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung Wirelessly with Samsung Smart Switch
If you wish to transfer data from your iPhone to your Samsung phone, you should first install the Smart Switch Mobileapplication on your Samsung phone. Installing or updating the Smart Switch application may be done through the Google Play Store website. Note:* The Smart Switch app is compatible with iCloud backups performed with iOS 4.2.1 or above. Smart Switch needs you to back up your iPhone data to the iCloud in advance of using the wireless transfer feature. The following are the procedures to be followed: Step 1: Download and install the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile.
Then run the app on both smartphones at the same time.
Please choose the ” Receive data ” option on the Samsung phone and then the ” iPhone/iPad “” Connect wirelessly to iCloud ” option on the Apple device.
Please check in with your Apple ID to confirm that you have backed up your iPhone data to the iCloud service. Then, on the screen, pick the data types that you wish to import and press the ” Import ” button to begin transferring the iCloud backup data to your Samsung smartphone.
Method 3: Transfer Data from iPhone to Samsung via USB Cable with Samsung Smart Switch
Before you may transfer data from your iPhone to your Samsung phone, you must first install the Smart Switch Application on your phone. In your Samsung device, look for the app and download the most recent version from the Google Play Store. Please keep in mind that if you are transferring large files, you should make sure that both of your devices have enough battery life. If one of the phones becomes unusable due to lack of battery power, the transfer may be interrupted. Step 1: Launch the application To begin, launch the app on both mobile devices at the same time.
Step 2: Connect the iPhone to the Samsung using the USB cable.
Then, on iOS, select ” Trust ” from the drop-down menu, and on Samsung, select ” Next “.
After the procedure is completed, you will be able to access the files that were received on your Samsung device.
Method 4: Restore iTunes Backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
This section will walk you through the process of restoring an iTunes backup to your galaxy phone using the iTunes to Samsung Data Transfer application on your computer. Users of both Mac and Windows operating systems might benefit from the procedures mentioned below. Here’s how to go about it: The first step is to ensure that the iTunes to Samsung data transfer program recognizes your Samsung Galaxy. After you have downloaded and installed the iTunes to Samsung Data Transfer tool, you can begin using it immediately.
- Your phone will be instantly identified by the application as a result of this action.
- Step 2: Select the appropriate iTunes backup items to be transferred.
- You will be able to see a list of iTunes backup files, as well as the date and name of the backup device.
- Step 3: Select the content that will be imported from iTunes to the Galaxy.
- Text messages, contacts, phone logs, photographs, calendars, and other types of data may be stored in these folders.
Following that, you will be able to view your backed-up files on your Samsung Galaxy phone whenever you want. You might also be interested in:2 Methods for Transferring Photos from iTunes to Samsung Phones
Method 5: Retrieve iCloud backup of iPhone to Samsung Galaxy S9
If you have just migrated from the iOS platform to the Android platform, there are a number of options for transferring the data that has been backed up in iCloud to your Samsung phone. Here’s how to go about it: Because iCloud is designed to function with iDevices such as the iPhone and iPad, you will not be able to sign in directly from Android phones such as the Samsung Galaxy S5. It is still possible to connect your Samsung phone to iCloud through a computer, download the things you desire, and then transfer them to your Samsung phone using a data cord.
- The procedure will be simple and uncomplicated.
- Launch the program and choose the ” Restore “” Restore from iCloud backup ” option from the left-hand navigation bar.
- To log into iCloud, enter your login credentials.
- Step 3: Select the information and files you want to transfer from your iCloud account to your Samsung smartphone.
- To download the files from your iCloud account to your computer, select ” Download ” and then click ” Save.” You will be able to view your iCloud-backed up files after a few minutes.
- Additional options for transferring iCloud data to a Samsung phone Articles that are related: Transferring Data from an Android device to a Galaxy S9 or S9+ is a simple process.
- Learn how to transfer SMS from an Android device to an iPhone.
- (4 Different Ways) Is It Possible to Recover Data from a Bricked Android Phone?
How to transfer from an iPhone to an Android Device
Consequently, you’ve made the decision to switch your operating system and move your data from an iPhone to an Android phone. Making the move and becoming familiar with the Android operating system may appear to be a difficult task, but these days it is rather simple. Consider our mobile plans if you’re thinking about switching phones and need a new mobile plan. They’re packed with incredible value and huge mobile data allocations, so don’t miss out.
How to transfer data from iPhone to Android
You’re in luck if you want to sync all of your data to the cloud and then reconnect with your new phone. Using Google Drive on your current iPhone, you will be able to back up your data to your Google account without having to upgrade. Afterwards, you may sign into that account from your new Android phone, which will sync your important data and information back to your computer! On the other hand, you might want to take advantage of the chance presented by a new phone to determine which things to keep and which to toss to the side.
- If you’d want to be more selective about what you move from your iPhone to your Android device, you may do it step-by-step instead.
- When we use the same operating software (also known as an operating system), there are built-in systems that make data transfer simple.
- Most new phones come with cords that may be used to connect two phones together in order to sync your contacts.
- As an example, Samsung Smart Switch is a simple android software that transfers information from your old phone to your new phone in a matter of seconds.
- The option to “transfer from iOS device” will appear when you are going through the setup procedure on your new Android smartphone.
- You can transfer data from your iPhone via the USB connection option, or over Wi-Fi if your data is backed up to the iCloud.
It’s also possible to log into your iCloud account and export your contacts to a vCard file, which you can then import into the Google account that you’ll be using on your new phone.
looking for better mobile value?
The Amaysim mobile plans are powered by the Optus 4G Plus Network and come with a generous amount of data included.
Transferring WhatsApp from iPhone to Android
Many people no longer use traditional communication methods such as calling or texting, and instead rely on mobile applications such as WhatsApp to remain in touch. Transferring your WhatsApp from an iPhone to an Android device may be accomplished using the same Smart Switch software. Simply connect the two phones and follow the Smart Switch instructions, after which you can log into your WhatsApp account on your new phone using the same account information that you used on your previous device.
How to transfer photos and videos from iPhone to Android
Having all of the images shot with their phone deleted is something no one wants to happen. This is especially true if you are an expert photographer and picture editor. Remember to bring all your images with you when you transfer photos from your old iPhone to your new iPhone. If you’re seeking for instructions on how to transfer images from an iPhone to a Samsung Galaxy, the quickest and most straightforward option will be to use Samsung’s Smart Switch software once more. It is the most efficient method of transferring data from an iPhone to an Android device through a cable or wireless internet connection.
Transferring game data from iPhone to Android
Transferring your gaming data from your iPhone to a Samsung or Android device is one of the most inconvenient elements of switching between devices. Yes, it will not be transferred across. Suppose you have a really high score in a game on your smartphone and you are determined not to lose it. If this is the case, you are in for a run of poor luck. The fact that this holds true for all games and all game purchases is a tougher pill to swallow. Because your new phone will access the Google Play store rather than the Apple store, any games you purchased from the Apple store will not be accessible from your new phone.
As a result, some individuals keep their old phones around so they may continue to play the games they’ve invested in and enjoy.
For example, if you play an online game with friends and you log into a server to access your game data, you may be able to play your game on your new phone if it is compatible with your new phone.
Transferring calendar data from iPhone to Android
Ah, your cherished smartphone calendar. The one tool that can assist you in keeping track of all of your appointments (sometimes). What would we be doing if we didn’t have our calendars?
When transferring your calendar data from your iPhone to your Android device, you’ll first need to export your calendar data in the file type vCard from the iCal app settings on your iPhone. After that, you may import that file into Google Calendar to sync the information with your Google account.
Learning how to use your new phone
As soon as you’ve moved all of your vital data to your new phone, you’ll need to become familiar with how to use it. Each type of phone will have a somewhat distinct feel to it when you use it, but thankfully, all Android phones utilize the same operating system, so after you’ve gotten used to it, you’ll be a pro (which makes upgrading to a new phone next time a lot easier). In addition, if you’re seeking to update your plan to go along with your new phone, have a look at our SIM-only options!