- 1 How to enable and disable location sharing in Android
- 2 How to share your location on a Samsung Galaxy S10 in 2 ways
- 3 How to stop sharing your location on a Samsung Galaxy S10
- 4 How to share your progress on a trip on a Samsung Galaxy S10
- 5 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 6 Share your location on iPhone or Android: It’s smart, not creepy
- 7 iPhone users, get to know the Find My app
- 8 Android users, use Google Maps’ location sharing
- 9 And don’t forget
- 10 How to Find Your Family and Friends Using Google Maps
- 11 How to Share Your Location on an iPhone or Android
- 12 How to Share Your Exact Physical Location With Family and Friends
- 13 Find My Friendson iPhone
- 14 Google+ Location Sharing onAndroidandiPhone
- 15 Squad Watchon Windows Phone
- 16 How to share your location without broadcasting it to strangers
- 17 Share your location on Google Maps
- 18 Share your location on Apple’s Find My app
- 19 Share your location with Glympse
- 20 Share your location on instant messaging apps
- 21 How to Share Location Between iPhone and Android Device
- 22 How to share location on Android?
- 23 How to share location on iPhone?
- 24 How to share location between iPhone and Android?
- 25 How to send my location on a Samsung Galaxy A21
- 26 Does Samsung Have Find My Friends?
- 27 Best alternatives to Find My Friends App
- 28 The Find My Friends Lets You
- 29 Do You Know How to Track a Samsung Phone? Check These 3 Easy Methods
- 30 Why and How to Track a Samsung Phone of Your Kid
- 31 Conclusion
How to enable and disable location sharing in Android
It is possible that disclosing your whereabouts to someone else is a violation of your privacy — or that it is beneficial. In situations where you want to make sure a buddy knows you’re on your way, or when you want to make sure your spouse knows you’re stopped in traffic (and you don’t want to phone them while you’re driving), using an active GPS tracker may be quite beneficial. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of setting up location tracking on an Android device. This was done on a Pixel phone running Android 10; your results may differ depending on the manufacturer.
- Open Google Maps on your computer. In the top right corner, click on your profile picture. Navigate to “Location sharing” and press the “new share” button.
Now you have the option of deciding with whom you will disclose your location and for how long you will share it. The default setting is “For one hour,” but you may change the duration by tapping on the plus and minus buttons on your keyboard. Choosing “Until you turn this off” will give the user unrestricted access to your location until you turn it off. You’ll next be provided with icons for your favorite and / or most utilized contacts. Swipe left and touch on the three dots labeled “More” to view all of your contacts if the person you want to provide access to isn’t already shown on the screen.
The name of the person with whom you are sharing your location will now appear at the bottom of the “Location sharing” screen.
Going to the “Location sharing” tab, tapping on the name of the person you want to stop sharing your location, and then tapping on the “Stop” button.
Once you’ve stopped sharing your location with someone, the person’s name will still appear in the list, but there will be a message stating that you are no longer sharing your location with that individual.
Remove their name from the list if you do not intend to share with them in the future.
- After that, you may choose with whom you will disclose your whereabouts and for what period of time. However, you may change the time by tapping on the plus and minus keys. The default setting is “For one hour.” You may choose “Until you turn this off” if you want the individual to have unrestricted access to your location. After that, you’ll be provided with symbols representing your favorite and/or most often used contacts. Swipe left and touch on the three dots labeled “More” to access all of your contacts if the person you want to provide access to isn’t there. To share your discovery with others, simply touch on the “Share” button. Location sharing will now be shown at the bottom of the “Location sharing” screen, with the name of the person you’re sharing with. They will be told that they now have access to your location and will proceed accordingly. To stop sharing your location with other people, go to the “Location sharing” tab, tap on the person’s name, and then press on the “Stop” button to exit the application. It’s worth noting that on the same page, you can also request that the person with whom you are sharing your location share their own location with you in return. You will still see the person’s name after you have stopped sharing your location with them, but you will receive a message indicating you are no longer sharing your location with them. You may use this feature in the event that you need to share the location with someone else again
- You won’t have to go through the full process again
- Simply touch on their name and pick the blue “Share location with person’s name” option. Remove their name from the list if you do not intend to share with them in the future. To do so, pick “Remove from list” from the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen.
You can easily share your position with friends, family, and coworkers using the Google Maps app on your Samsung Galaxy S10 mobile device. You may allow any of your contacts to view your current position for a certain amount of time, or you can allow them to monitor your progress on a journey, for example.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Launch Google Maps on your computer. Alternatively, you may tap the three horizontal lines that appear at the top-left of your screen next to the search field. Location sharing may be initiated by selecting it from the hamburger menu located at the top-left of the screen. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. 3.Click on the “Location Sharing” button. “Location sharing” is the option to select. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. 4.In the pop-up box that appears, select “Get Started.” You should be presented with the “Share your current location” popup.
The plus and minus buttons on the right side of the screen allow you to specify how long the device should be left on.
Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
You may see your whole contacts list by tapping “More” if you do not see a contact that you recognize. Choose whom you want to share with and hit “Share.” Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
How to stop sharing your location on a Samsung Galaxy S10
Access to your location information may be revoked with a few of taps when you no longer wish to share it with other people. To ensure that the “Sharing your location with” tab appears at the bottom of Google Maps, tap the three horizontal lines at top-left of screen once more, and then tap “Location sharing.” 2.If the “Sharing your location with” tab does not appear, tap the three horizontal lines again, and then tap “Location sharing.” 2.In the “Sharing your location with” window, choose “X” for each individual with whom you do not wish to share your location any more.
As soon as you stop disclosing your location to anyone, the window will be replaced with a button that says “Getting Started.”
If you’re going along a route that you’ve planned in Google Maps, you may share your location with others to let them know how you’re doing.1.Open Google Maps and plan a journey using the Directions tool. When you’re ready to begin, tap “Start.”2.After Google Maps begins the route, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the route menu.3.Tap “Share trip progress.”Swipe up to open the route menu and choose to share your trip progress.Dave Johnson/Business Insider4.Tap each contact with whom you want to share your location information, and then tap “Share.” If you don’t see a contact in the list, tap “More” to
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
In Google Maps, you may share your progress with others while traveling along a route that has been prepared in advance.1.Open Google Maps and plan a trip using the Directions function.2.Start Google Maps and navigate to your destination.3.Start your journey. When you’re ready to begin, tap “Start.”2.After Google Maps begins the route, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the route menu.3.Tap “Share trip progress.”Swipe up to open the route menu and choose to share your trip progress.Dave Johnson/Business Insider4.Tap each contact that you want to share your location information with, and then tap “Share.” If you don’t see a contact in the list, tap “More” to
Find someone you can rely on. CNET image courtesy of Jason Cipriani It’s frightening how much information our phones and internet services have on us, from our personal information to our precise movements. The use of phone tracking isn’t always a terrible thing; with the correct app and settings, knowing where you are may provide peace of mind to a loved one, or even assist emergency workers in locating you if you require assistance. Consider the following scenario: you get disoriented, unconscious, or disappear.
All of the required tools and capabilities are already integrated into your phone, making it easy for your most trusted contacts to keep track of where you are at all times.
Invite your friends by clicking on the Friends tab. CNET image courtesy of Jason Cipriani
iPhone users, get to know the Find My app
Set up the Find My app on your iPhone if you have one. Because it is incorporated into iOS 13, there is no need to download or install an additional app. The free software lets friends or family members who have been authorised to track your whereabouts simply by launching the app. You have the option of granting permanent access to your location or granting temporary access to your location for a certain period of time. Temporary monitoring is useful if you know you’re going on a road trip, trekking, or attending a huge event and you want the peace of mind that someone will be able to locate you if you get lost.
When you open the Find Myapp, go to the People tab and then click on the Share My Location button.
Location Sharing in Google Maps is also available across all platforms.
Android users, use Google Maps’ location sharing
For Android users, Google Maps has a built-in function that allows them to share their position with others. Like Apple’s Find My app, you may share your location with someone for an indefinite period of time, or you can set a time restriction after which your position will revert to being private once again. Then, on Google Maps, launch the app and slide the menu out from its left-hand side to send someone your location information. After that, selectLocation sharingand click on theAddbutton that looks like a silhouette of a person with the “+” symbol next to it, which will appear.
The location sharing capability in Google Maps is not confined to only Android smartphones.
And don’t forget
If you’re using Google Maps on your Android phone, you may share your position with others. Like Apple’s Find My app, you may share your location with someone for an indefinite period of time, or you can set a time restriction after which your position will revert to being private once again. Then, on Google Maps, launch the app and slide the menu out of its left-hand side to send someone your location information. SelectLocation sharingand then touch on theAddbutton that looks like a silhouette of a person with the “+” symbol next to it, which will appear.
It is not only Android phones that may use Google Maps’ location sharing capability.
How to Find Your Family and Friends Using Google Maps
When it comes to your loved ones, Google Maps can provide you with a sense of security. It doesn’t matter if it’s a school-aged youngster or an older family member; you may use Google Maps to discover the whereabouts of your family or friends. Keep track of your children’s whereabouts by checking in on them when they return home, or check in on a close friend who has been traveling. When you’re anxious about where they are, you may check Google Maps online or on your mobile device to discover where they are.
- You and your contact will both require the Google Maps mobile application in order to exchange real-time whereabouts with one another.
- You must also be willing to share your own location with your contact at least once over the course of the conversation.
- To begin sharing your position with others, launch the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
- Select “Location Sharing” from the drop-down menu that appears when you tap your profile photo or initial in the top-right corner of the app window.
- Select “New Share” from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, you may choose to share your location for a specific period of time or until you turn it off.
- Select one and press the “Share” button.
Select the contact and then press the “Request” button.
In this section, you may also select “Request.” Anyone with whom you have previously shared your location will appear at the bottom of the Location Sharing window if you have done so previously.
Select “Request” from the drop-down menu underneath your contact’s name, then select “Request” once again in the subsequent window.
You may quickly locate someone who has consented to share their position with you by using Google Maps on your mobile device or by using the web version of Google Maps.
Those contacts who have shared their location(s) with you will be listed at the bottom of the page.
Find Someone OnlineLog up to Google Maps and search for someone online.
Choose the contact who is providing you with their location information.
Even if someone has disclosed their location with you, it doesn’t always follow that you want to see them on the map all of the time, or even most of the time.
Fortunately, you can remove a contact from the map by returning to the Location Sharing page in the app by pressing your profile photo or initial followed by “Location Sharing.” Locate the contact listed at bottom of this page that you wish to remove from the map’s view.
Remove a contact from your location sharing list by tapping the contact at the bottom of the list.
Return to the Location Sharing section of Google Maps online by selecting MenuLocation Sharing from the drop-down menu.
This will remove their photo or initial from your map display, but they will still remain on your location sharing list if you select this option.
You have the option to block a contact if you do not want to view their location in the future or fully cease seeing it.
You know what they say: sharing is caring. Well, you know what they say. In order to ensure that a loved one is at home or at their planned destination, you may use the capabilities of Google Maps to do a check-in. Features of the knowledge base’s map.
When it comes to your family, Google Maps can provide you with piece of mind. The whereabouts of your family or friends, whether it’s a school-aged youngster or an elderly relative, may be determined using Google Maps. Keeping track of your children’s whereabouts and when they return home is a good way to keep track of a close friend who has been away. In case you’re concerned about where they are, you may use Google Maps online or on your mobile device to locate them. Inquire about the whereabouts of a friend or family member You and your contact will both require the Google Maps mobile application in order to exchange real-time location information.
- You must also be willing to share your own location with your contact at least once over the course of your conversation.
- To begin sharing your position, launch the Google Maps app on your mobile device.
- Select “Location Sharing” from the drop-down menu that appears when you tap your profile photo or initial in the upper right corner of the app window.
- “New Share” will appear.
- You may choose to broadcast your location for a specific length of time or until you turn it off.
- To share, choose one and press “Share with friends.” Your contact might then request that you share their location information with them once you have shared your own.
- The notification that your email address will be shared with them will be displayed, and you will have the option to turn off this message in the future if you so choose to.
Once you’ve done that, you may either share your place with them again or ask them to share theirs with you.
Your contact will receive an email and a message on Google Maps indicating that you have requested that they share their location with you.
When you open Google Maps on your mobile device, pick “Location Sharing” from the drop-down menu above your profile photo or initial.
If you tap on their position on the map, you may get more information about them, receive directions to them, or just see where they are on it.
Then, in the top-left area, near to the search box, select “Location Sharing” from the three-line menu button.
Your friend’s photo or initials will be displayed on the map on the left, as well as the address for their current location.
Or, perhaps, you know that they’re all right, and you just want to make sure that another person is as well.
Remove a contact from your location sharing list by tapping the contact at the bottom of your list.
MenuLocation Sharing will take you back to the Location Sharing section of Google Maps online.
However, their photo or initial will no longer display on your map view, but they will continue to appear on your location sharing list.
You have the option to block a contact if you want to prevent them from viewing their whereabouts in the future.
Remember the old adage, “sharing is caring”? It’s true! Put Google Maps to work for you if you want to check in on a loved one to make sure they’re safe and sound at home or at their planned destination. Features of the knowledge base’s map
- Open the Find My app and select the People option from the drop-down menu
- Start Sharing the Location by selecting it. TapSend after entering the name or phone number of the person with whom you wish to share your location
- Choose how long you want to share your location with others and then press OK.
You may disable location sharing on the samePeopletab by pressing on the appropriate individual and selectingStop Sharing My Location from the drop-down menu. By choosing theMetab and turning offShare My Location, you may immediately stop sharing your location with everyone. How to Make Your Location Public Using the Facebook Messenger application While conversing with the person or group to whom you wish to transmit your location through Facebook’s famous Messenger program, you will be able to share your position without having to leave the conversation.
Photograph courtesy of Facebook
You can keep track of your family and friends at all times thanks to the sophistication of current smartphones and other mobile devices. Apple, Google, and Microsoft each have their own ways for sharing your precise position in real time with other people. Sure, you probably don’t want to reveal your whereabouts with many people — or even with anyone, depending on your preferences. However, this can assist you in answering queries such as “has my husband left work yet?” or allowing you to meet up with pals without having to continually send messages.
Find My Friendson iPhone
Associated:Apps, music, and videos may be shared using Apple Family Sharing on the iPhone and iPad. For this, Apple provides the Find My Friends app for use on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, among other devices. If you have an iPhone, it’s possible that your family members are already sharing their whereabouts with you. When you set up iCloud Family Sharing, you’ll be asked if you want to share your location with your other family members. If you say yes, your location will be shared with them.
- You have the option of deciding whether or not to reveal your location from this page.
- When you first launch the app, it will ping their iPhones and display their current positions on a map.
- Installation of the Find My Friends app is simple.
- Find My Friends also provides location-based notifications that are based on geofencing technology.
Google+ Location Sharing onAndroidandiPhone
What Is “Geofencing” and How Does It Work? Google, on the other hand, has its own answer. Google Latitude was a service that was once available, but has since been discontinued. Instead, Google+ now has a location sharing feature that is built in. The consequence of this is that you and the other individuals with whom you wish to share locations will all require Google+ accounts. One significant advantage of this system is that it is compatible with both Android phones and iPhones, which makes it ideal for environments where not everyone has an iPhone.
When you launch the app on your Android device, press the menu button and then Settings.
If you have an iPhone, go to the menu and pick Locations.
Press “Edit” next to “Pinpoint Location,” choose the individuals (or circles) with whom you wish to share your location, and then tap “Done” to save your changes.
It will be necessary for everyone who want to share their whereabouts with you to do so on their phones, and it will be necessary for you to do the same on your phone in order to share your location with them. These places may be found in the Locations section of the Google+ application.
Squad Watchon Windows Phone
Microsoft also has a dedicated app for this purpose. During development, the game was referred to as “People Sense,” but it was eventually released under the name “Squad Watch.” The software operates in a manner similar to that of Apple and Google’s solutions, among others. It is possible to install the program with the help of relatives and friends who also have Windows phones. You can then all share your whereabouts with one another and observe each other’s locations on a map. However, because it is not cross-platform, this is just a solution for Windows Phone users.
There are a plethora of other services that provide apps that you may download to your smartphone and use in a similar way.
Whatever you do, avoid paying for carrier-branded applications such as Verizon Family Locator ($9.99/month), AT T FamilyMap ($9.99/month), Sprint Family Locator ($5/month), or T-Mobile FamilyWhere ($9.99/month) until absolutely necessary.
The information in this story has been updated. It was first published on May 16, 2017, and has since been updated. Trying to coordinate meeting places with friends and family may be a real pain. Using phrases such as “I’m beside a huge tree,” “I’m standing on the corner,” and “My car broke down but there are no signs so just drive down I-95 for a bit” are simply ineffective when there are several corners, dozens of trees, and 1,908 miles of Interstate 95 to navigate through. So take advantage of the range of applications that allow you to share your whereabouts in a safe and private manner—without broadcasting it to the entire world—without revealing your identity.
The ones we’ve gathered are completely free to use and quick to set up, and they may save you from making a long sequence of calls or texts when you need to know where someone is exactly.
From within the Google Maps application, you may share your current position. David Nield is a writer and musician from the United Kingdom. A location-sharing option has been available on Google Maps for some years, and it may be accessed via your mobile phone or the website of the company. There is only one requirement: the others with whom you are sharing must also have Google accounts and be able to use Google Maps. The Google Maps app for Android or iOS is the ideal location to begin your search.
- This will offer up a menu of options that will allow you to determine who will be able to view your location.
- If you want to share your location for an extended period of time (“until you turn this off”), you’ll need to choose individuals from your contacts list who will be able to see where you are—or, more precisely, where your phone is—at any time of day.
- In the case of sharing your location for a limited amount of time, you may either pick particular persons to share it with or establish a link that anybody can use to get a hold of your whereabouts at any time.
- Users of your Google account who have permission to access your location on Google Maps (both the website and the app) will be able to see your position on Google Maps if they’re logged in with the correct Google account.
- To keep track of who can see you—and who can see you—selectLocation sharingfrom the app’s or website’s navigation menu.
- All of this, of course, is contingent on your phone’s ability to allow Google Maps to monitor your present location in order for it to function properly.
Android and iOS will have somewhat different labels, but they should be pretty easy to distinguish between the two.
Apple’s Find My app allows you to share your whereabouts with others for a certain period of time or indefinitely. David Nield is a writer and musician from the United Kingdom. Apple, not to be outdone by Google, has developed its own location-tracking application, simply titled Find My. It is well recognized for its ability to locate misplaced electronics, but it may also be used to locate individuals. The app is pre-installed on all new iPhones and iPads, but if it isn’t already on your device for any reason, you may re-download it.
- As a result, this option is only available to iPhone users.
- Find My may also be accessed using your iCloud account’s web browser by logging in with your Apple ID.
- If you try to add someone who does not have an iPhone, you will receive an error notice.
- Back on the main page, you can see the names of the individuals with whom you’ve shared your location, as well as how long they’ll be able to track you down.
- Open the app, log into iCloud on the web, or utilize the Find My widget on macOS to see where your contacts are.
- When you are on your iPhone, you may switch on or off your personal location sharing by tapping your avatar at the bottom of the Find My screen.
- Geofencing is another element that you should be aware of.
- If you tap on someone who is sharing their location with you, the Find My app allows you to sign up for alerts if that person leaves a specific area (such as school) or enters a specific area (such as the bar where everyone is supposed to be meeting).
Glympses can be time-limited and are updated in real time as you travel. David Nield is a writer and musician from the United Kingdom. If Google and Apple don’t meet all of your requirements, or if you need to exchange information with a buddy who uses a different platform, there are a plethora of location-based applications to pick from. For example, Glympse, which is available for free download on Android and iOS, is one of the most complete and capable. In addition to rapid, tailored sharing with others who may not all be using the same brand of phone or utilizing the same applications, Glympse is also fantastic for group collaboration.
- This is especially useful for one-time events when everyone has to be on time.
- If the receiver is on a computer or is using a phone that does not have Glympse installed, the glympse will appear in that person’s web browser instead, and only for the duration of the time period specified in the message.
- Glympse, like Google Maps and Find My, provides you a plethora of choices for managing who has access to your location and for how long they have access to it.
- It is possible to view everyone who has shared their position on the map, from your children to your soccer squad, and you may add them to a list of favorites for quick access later.
- Aside from that, the map will scroll as the contacts you’re following travel from one location to another.
- The tags function in a similar way to Twitter hashtags, in that they notify the rest of the world that you are attending a music festival or a sporting event.
As public tags may be viewed by everyone, it is possible to create one for your running club’s annual 10K event, for example, to allow everyone to track the race online. To keep your location hidden, just avoid using the public tags while posting on social media.
Locations on Facebook Messenger can be fixed or changed in real time, depending on the application. David Nield is a writer and musician from the United Kingdom. In addition to the programs we’ve already listed, several instant messaging apps have the ability to share your location with other users. They allow you to communicate your whereabouts to a single contact or group of contacts anywhere in the world. This method is most effective if you use one of these applications to manage the majority of your event planning and social interactions.
- Messages, the default messenger for Apple devices, includes the ability to share one’s location.
- After then, you have two choices: Either selectSend My Current Location orSend My Current Position.
- The receivers will either receive a link to click on or will see a pin on a map to follow.
- You may share real-time updates of your position for a certain length of time, or you can transmit a preset location at a specific time.
- While you’re in a discussion, tap the attachment symbol (which looks like a paperclip), andLocationwill show as one of the available options.
- If you’re on the go, you can tap onShare live locationto do exactly that—the app will offer you the choice to notify your contacts your locations for 15 minutes, one hour or eight hours, and add a description before you press the send button.
- It’s impossible for us to cover every single messaging app on the market, but even if you use a different app than the ones we’ve included, it may have the ability to share your current position.
As you are aware, today’s smartphones are loaded with capabilities and components that enable us to execute things that were previously only possible with particular equipment. Several of today’s cellphones enable us to shoot high-quality images, connect to the internet, and share our whereabouts with other people. In addition to making things easier for us, these sensors and components have also eliminated many excuses for users, who, for example, can no longer use the excuse “I don’t know where I am, I’ve lost my way, and I’ll be late” because they no longer have a sense of where they are or where they are going.
It is possible to send text messages and utilize Internet apps because of features such as GPS and the ability to send and receive GPS coordinates. Using today’s technology, you may share your location with other people in real time.
Location Sharing Guide
- How to share your position on an Android device
- How to share your location on an iPhone device How to transfer a location between an iPhone and an Android device
The new Google Maps feature allows you to share your Android position with your loved ones in real time, alerting them of your trip time or just telling them where you are so that they may join you! It’s not a terrible thing to find yourself on the beach over the holidays. Simply following the instructions below will allow you to take use of this new function on your Android smartphone. Recently, Google Maps included the option to share one’s location in real time with family and friends via Google Maps.
- Alternatively, for pedestrians, you might find yourself on a packed street in a matter of seconds.
- Navigate to the side menu.
- Select ” share my location ” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Start” from the drop-down menu.
- At this point, you must decide with whom you want to share your Android location in real time and for how long.
- Choose the time span for which you wish to broadcast your location, such as 1, 2, or 3 hours, depending on your preference.
- Sixth, choose the friend or relative with whom you want to share your Android location, regardless of whether he or she has a Google Account or not; as long as he or she has Google Maps, you’re good to go.
- Select “Share” from the drop-down menu.
- You will be able to share your location with your friends who do not have a Google account in this manner.
- And now you’ve learned how to utilize Google Maps like an expert.
Find My Friends is not a social networking app in the traditional sense. It is an application that allows you to share your iPhone’s location with your pals and keep in touch at any time. There are several applications for the iPhone that may be used in various ways. You may, for example, join your children and aging parents to your network and keep track of their whereabouts and activities. You may also set up a series of notifications to be sent out at specified times and locations in the future.
Make use of the app: To make use of this iPhone application, you must first sign into your Apple account and then select ‘Add.’ This will automatically add all of the chosen people who utilize Find My Friends to your account.
You must first go to Settings and then press “Shared Location” before you can share your location with others.
In the event that you misplace or have your iPhone stolen, your friends will be able to track it and keep you updated, ensuring that both you and your phone are always safe since someone or something will be following you at all times.
Only by sharing your location with your pal and asking for his or her location can you ensure that you and your friend remain safe. Due to the fact that mobile monitoring is now a legitimate option, there are several iPhone localization applications available in the app store.
You may share your location between your iPhone and Android devices using three third-party parental applications, which we will define in this section. 1.
1. FamiSafe Family Locator
FamiSafe is a parental control program that offers a lot of features and provides good customer care. It is compatible with devices running Android, iOS, Fire OS, Windows, and Mac OS. Although it is available on Android and iOS smartphones, its location tracking service is not available on other platforms. As a parental software, FamiSafe is continually expanding the range of devices that it supports, as well as developing new and innovative capabilities for the mobile surveillance system. Consider the following scenario: you are seeking for a parental control tool that not only tracks the whereabouts of your children, but also covers every facet of your parental requirements.
Continue reading to find out more about the FamiSafe function.
- Children may communicate with their parents about their current position in real time. Advanced GPS technology is used to pinpoint the location of the mobile device in real time. Obtain information about the location history of the target device and learn where the target phone has been
- To get notifications when the target enters or exceeds the given region, set up an ageofence. Establish intelligent scheduling to ensure that their phone is not used during study or sleep time, or in designated locations such as schools and bedrooms
- To prevent children from becoming fascinated with specific applications, set a block on the app. Internet websites should be monitored and filtered to keep children safe from online risk. In order to protect your child from being victimized by online predators or cyberbullying, you should look for any explicit content on their Android social app, such as texts.
Obtain a Free Trial on Google Play and the App Store!
- Web Filter is a program that allows you to filter the internet. SafeSearch, Screen Time LimitSchedule, Location TrackingDriving Report, and App Blocker are all features available. App Activity Tracker and YouTube History Monitor are two examples of tools that may be used to keep track of your activities. Video censorship software
- Texts from Social Media Alerts about pornographic images
- It is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Kindle Fire.
Glympse is a powerful, free, and easy program that allows you to share your real-time position with your friends, family members, or even coworkers. It is available on both iOS and Android devices. The software is simple to use and features a user-friendly interface. It is not necessary to install the app in order to view the content that is being shared. Features:
- Confirm that the target device is at the correct place
- Organize a Glympse group to transport everyone to the assembly location. Obtain an estimate of the time of arrival at the destination
- This app is available on both the App Store and the Google Play store.
Life360 is a well-known family-oriented location-sharing application. By creating a secret family circle, you may share your current location with any member of your family at any moment without them knowing. Furthermore, it includes other capabilities that are useful for keeping track of the whereabouts of your friends or family members. Features:
- GPS tracking and exchange of location information
- Receive check-in and check-out alerts when your children arrive at or depart from a certain location. Make sure you have the correct navigational information to go to where your family members are
- Examine the driving habits of the intended audience
A mobile phone spying application is one of the most popular methods for parents to keep track on their children’s activities while they are using a mobile device to communicate with them. FamiSafe, the most sophisticated parental control tool available online, allows you to spy on your children’s mobile devices and receive detailed reports on their activities. It is by far the most effective method of keeping an eye on your children without their realizing it.
How to send my location on a Samsung Galaxy A21
In order to communicate your current position to a contact on your Samsung Galaxy A21 smartphone running the Android 10.0; One UI 2.0 operating system, follow the instructions outlined in the following section.
What is sending the location from a Samsung Galaxy A21?
In order to understand how to send the location from a Samsung Galaxy A21, you must first understand what it is. Sometimes you must communicate to a friend, family member, or any other contact where you are at a specific time in order for them to locate you, or if you want to send the location of a business, home, or place of interest so that the other person can visit whenever they want. It is possible to find your Galaxy A21 using the GPS coordinates it sends (Galileo, Baidu, or Glonass). The GPS coordinates are retrieved through the device’s GPS chip or through A-GPS and are shown on a map when you transmit the position.
Find a Galaxy A21 that has been lost or stolen.
2 minutes is the estimated time. In order to use this feature, you must first ensure that WhatsApp is installed on your Galaxy A21; if it is not, please refer to this other guide for information on how to do so: WhatsApp may be installed on the Galaxy A21.
Does Samsung Have Find My Friends?
It is now much easier to locate your friend and your phone! Find My Friend Apps help you stay in touch with your friends and loved ones at all times, no matter where you are. The new extra features only serve to increase its value. When it comes to Samsung devices, the Find My Friends App is compatible. This tracker App is only available for iPhone and Android users. It is not available for other devices. It’s completely free for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch users. When you install the app on one of your friends’ or one of our family member’s smartphone, you can remain in touch with them and keep track of where they are at all times.
If you are specifically seeking for the Samsung version of the locate my friends app, you may also find it there.
This implies that if there are instances when you don’t want your family or friends to know where you are, you can easily mute your location with a couple of clicks.
You may get it from the Google Play Store by typing hl=en US into your browser.
Best alternatives to Find My Friends App
Glympse is one of the most widely used location-aware applications available on the Google Play market today. The most important feature of this program is the ability to rapidly share your GPS position with relatives, friends, and coworkers through email. The difference between this App and Find My Friends is that the receiver does not have to join up in order to obtain your real-time location. All they require is access to the Internet to do their work. There is also a safety element in this location sharing App — all “Glympses” communicate your locations to your contacts, but this automatically expires after a certain amount of time.
You may get theGlympse App for free from the Google Play Store by searching for hl=en IN.
Sygic Family Locator
Sygic is another another highly rated program that can be found on the list of the best Samsung Find My Friends App alternatives for Android. When it comes to parents who want to be aware of their child’s location at all times, this program is quite popular. The Samsung discover buddy App allows you to check the real-time location of anyone in your family or friend circle using a mobile device. Sygic Family Locator App also includes a built-in chat feature, similar to WhatsApp, that allows you to communicate with all of the other users in the app.
When that button is pushed, this App will locate your child on a map in real time, saving you time.
Furthermore, parents may simply set up reminders for their children when they arrive at specific venues such as school or guitar lessons.
In contrast to the Glympse App, people who want to know where they are in real time must have the locate my friends for Samsung and iPhone app installed on their smartphone as well. The Google Play Store offers a free version of this program with in-app purchases available for download. hl=en IN
While GeoZilla includes all of the features that a standard location sharing app offers, such as real-time tracking, geofencing, and safety warnings, it sacrifices some of the unique characteristics that make it stand out from the rest of the competition. Among these are location-based errands, location history, and the history of exchanging information. A reminder may be set up for when a friend or family member reaches a specified location, such as a push message reminding them to pick up French Fries while they are in close vicinity to a McDonald’s outlet, with relative ease.
It’s also easy to quickly check Facebook for updates, allowing you to get a comprehensive picture of what’s going on in the lives of your child or closest friend.
The Find My Friends Lets You
- MapShare allows you to find, communicate with, and share your location with your friends. You may quickly recommend and share updates on any news about a terrific restaurant opening, a retail deal, or other relevant information for people to check out. Get information on Eta, the exact location, and driving directions to make your journey more convenient. 3D Touch is supported
- You may share your precise position by using either your phone number or your email id, and you can even request your friends to share their whereabouts with you. You have the option of sharing your location either temporarily or permanently. You may even conceal your location in order to protect your privacy.
Find My Friends Version 7.0 requires iOS 11 or later and the iCloud service. To use with iCloud, create a free Apple ID that may be used on your Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Here’s How to Install and Configure the Find My Friends App on an iPhone Device. If your iPhone or iPod is running iOS 12 or later, the Find My Friends app is already loaded on your device. If, on the other hand, your iPhone device is running the iOS 8 operating system, you may download and use this location tracker for free from the Apple Play Store.
Find My Friends alerts can also be received by the wearable Apple Watch; all you need to do is make a few adjustments in the Apple Watch application on your iPhone.
3 Simple Steps
Step 1: Launch the Find My Friends application. Step 2: There is an Option Tab Add, which you should select. Selection of a friend or entry of his/her email address are required in this step. Tap Send/Done to send the request. You may view your friend’s present locations in a list or on a map in this location sharing App or on iCloud.com if he or she decides to share his or her real-time location with you using this application. Is it possible to add an App to the list of those already mentioned?
Let us know what you think in the comments area of this blog article!
Do You Know How to Track a Samsung Phone? Check These 3 Easy Methods
Did you know that Samsung is the world leader in digital technology, notably in terms of the number of mobile phones expected to be sold by the end of the decade? The corporation sold around 112.5 million devices to end-users in the first two quarters of the year. As a result, it’s no surprise that your children use their Samsung phones to socialize at all hours of the day and night. Despite the fact that mobile technology have brought convenience to people’s lives, these gadgets have also become a source of considerable risk.
Cyberbullying, hidden death organizations, perilous challenges, and online predators are all issues that thousands of children deal with on a regular basis.
Why and How to Track a Samsung Phone of Your Kid
In addition to what has already been stated, children may get into trouble even while they are in the room next door to you. Due to their enjoyment of spending time on social media and adding new friends to their accounts, online predators utilize dating applications such as Tinder, Snapchat, Kik, and other similar services to befriend children and teenagers. Children are willing to engage with individuals of all ages, and maniacs seldom need to pretend to be teens in order to get their message across.
- In many cases, the internet boom manifests itself in physical manifestations, as predators can urge children to meet up in person.
- If your child is depressed but refuses to tell you about it, this is a tell-tale indicator that they are being harassed by an unknown party or individuals.
- To find out the truth, you’ll need to use a different approach, such as monitoring your child’s internet activities and following their whereabouts.
- Continue reading to find out more information.
1. How to Track a Samsung Phone Remotely with mSpy
As a result, you now understand how to locate a Samsung smartphone utilizing phone tracking services provided by Samsung and Google. However, keep in mind that having your child’s account details is required for both approaches. Sometimes, though, this is not an option, particularly if your child is the secretive kind. If, on the other hand, you consider utilizing a parental control program, such as mSpy, you won’t have to be concerned about accessing your child’s personal account on the internet.
A variety of valuable monitoring options are available depending on the mSpy membership type that you choose, including the following:
- Calls are being monitored both incoming and outgoing
- Viewing text messages that have been received, sent, and deleted
- Keeping an eye on Snapchat, Facebook, Tinder, Kik, and other social media applications
- Examining the media files that have been delivered and received
- Viewing the history of your browser sessions and bookmarks Seeing events on a calendar and making notes on them
To begin monitoring your child’s phone, you only need to follow a few basic steps:
- Go to TomSpy.com and choose a membership plan
- Sign up for a free account with your relevant email address. Follow the installation instructions that have been provided to your email address. Log into your mSpy Control Panel and choose the monitored device to be tracked. Start keeping an eye on things.
If you have any problems concerning mSpy installation or how to use the software, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service staff. Additionally, if you want remote assistance with the installation of the program, you might consider purchasing mAssistance.
2. Find My Mobile for Samsung
If your child has a Samsung and you need to track out their whereabouts, you may utilize an unique tool designed just for Samsung customers. Find My Mobile is a service that lets you find a phone and protect the data on it in the event that it is stolen. Furthermore, you may utilize the service to unlock your phone from a remote location. Before utilizing the service, make sure that the data backup feature on the targetSamsung device has been enabled on the device. For peace of mind that your child has switched it on, access their phone and go toSettings, tapLock Screen & Security, then clickFind My Mobile to see if they have done so.
Fill out the registration form if necessary, then switch on all of the options that you see on the screen. You should follow these instructions if you need to locate your child’s Samsung phone:
- Open your browser and navigate to the following URL: Find My Mobile
- Access your child’s Samsung account by signing in with your own. Choose the appropriate device from the drop-down menu
- Wait for the system to load the phone’s current location before proceeding. If nothing happens, this indicates that the phone has been switched off. When the phone is turned on, you can see the current position as well as the battery level.
In addition to tracking down your child’s whereabouts, Find My Mobile gives you the ability to lock and unlock the device from a distance, wipe and back up the data, and retrieve missed calls and text messages from the device. The list of available interactions is determined by the type of Samsung phone that your child is using.
3. Find My Device for Android
Despite the fact that the vast majority of smartphone users use Samsung phones that run on Android, there are instances in which a device operates on a different operating system. You should bear in mind that the Find My Handset service is only available for Android smartphones if you wish to search down a Samsung device utilizing it. In order to begin monitoring a Samsung phone using this approach, do the following steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Find My Device page as follows: Connect to an individual’s Google account or provide the email address and password that were used to register the monitored phone. Select the appropriate device from the drop-down menu
- Begin tracing down the place
Keep in mind that the Samsung phone you’re targeting should be turned on. If you do not do so, you will not be able to view any location information.
In conclusion, there are three effective and legal ways to monitor your child’s device and, in the event that your Galaxy phone is lost or stolen, to track down and locate it. MSpy, on the other hand, comes highly recommended if you want a slew of useful monitoring capabilities in your parenting toolbox. Because the app operates in stealth mode, it is unlikely that your child will become aware of its presence. Even if they do, you will be notified immediately and will be able to quickly reinstall it.
Hirsch is a writer, editor, and journalist who lives in New York City.
However, she eventually made the decision to devote her life to traveling and freelance writing.