- 1 Your Galaxy Has a Hidden Document Scanner Built in — Here’s How It Works
- 2 How to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone?
- 3 How to Scan Documents with Samsung Galaxy S9, S10, Note 9 & Etc
- 4 How to Enable Built-in Scanner Feature within the Camera App
- 5 How to Scan Documents with Samsung Galaxy S21, S20, S10 & Others
- 6 How to Enable Document Scan on Samsung
- 7 Samsung Multifunction Laser Printers – How to scan using Easy Document Creator
- 8 Scan features
- 8.1 Setting the scan settings in the computer
- 8.2 Scanning from network connected machine
- 8.3 Scanning from image editing program
- 8.4 Scanning using the WIA driver
- 9 How to scan UPI QR codes directly from the camera app on Samsung phones
- 10 Which Samsung phones are supported?
- 11 How to scan QR codes with the camera app or QR Scan shortcut?
- 12 Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF With Galaxy S10 Camera
- 13 Video Demonstration:
- 14 What is Document Scan?
- 15 Scan Documents with the Galaxy S10 Camera
- 16 What did you think?
- 17 How to Scan Documents Using a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone – Whyingo Android Tutorials
- 18 How to scan a QR code on your Android phone or tablet
Your Galaxy Has a Hidden Document Scanner Built in — Here’s How It Works
Google Drive is the de facto document scanner for Android, although it is far from the most user-friendly approach available. A document scanner has been integrated into your Samsung Galaxy smartphone as part of One UI 2, and it has the capability of automatically detecting documents like as letters, business cards, and notes, which you can scan with a single tap. To test it out, simply open the Camera app on your phone and point it at a piece of paper. A yellow rectangle will be displayed on the document’s boundaries as you work, and a “Scan” button will appear in the middle of the page as you go.
Once you have installed the One UI 2 upgrade, this functionality will be activated by default (aka, Android 10).
Maintain the security of your connection without having to pay a monthly fee.
Purchase Right Away (80 percent off) Other great discounts to consider are as follows:
- 41 percent off a Wi-Fi analyser for the house
- A learn to code package is available for 98 percent discount. A 98 percent discount on an accounting bootcamp is available
- XSplit VCam video backdrop editor is on sale for 59 percent discount.
Amboy Manalo/Gadget Hacks provided the cover picture, screenshot, and GIF.
How to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone?
If you don’t know how to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone, we’ll show you how in the next paragraph. When it comes to photography applications, Samsung phones have one of the most comprehensive and customized offerings available. In addition to providing a plethora of photo-taking possibilities, this software also has some hidden features that allow us to obtain even more value from it. Furthermore, it includes an inbuilt document scanner.
- How to utilize WhatsApp shortcuts to keep your information private
- The best way to prevent your Mac from saving all of your Wi-Fi networks
- On the iPhone, here’s how to mark all of your emails as read:
When using Samsung phones with One UI 2.0 or higher, a document scanner is included within the camera app, which can be useful for scanning documents on the go. A tool that can be quite beneficial in a variety of situations. It is also a tool that may be activated or deactivated inside the camera application. If you believe you do not have this function, make sure you have the most recent version of your operating system installed. As a standard feature, the Samsung camera’s document scanner is normally turned on by default.
When you do this, several yellow lines show on the screen, and you are presented with the choice “Scan.” When you tap on it, the document will be scanned and stored on your computer.
Make use of the Samsung Galaxy camera application to scan your papers.
You may check in the settings of your mobile phone to see if this function is enabled in the camera program, if you have attempted to scan anything and were unsuccessful, by following these steps:
- Activate the camera application on your smartphone
- To access the settings, use the gear symbol from the toolbar. Enter Scene Optimizer and look for the Documents area. Select this choice and press OK.
This is a great feature in the Samsung camera program that may help you get out of a tight spot in the majority of situations. This feature is also available in the Google Camera program. This choice will be beneficial to a large number of you. You’ve now learnt how to scan documents using your Samsung Galaxy smartphone in this manner.
How to Scan Documents with Samsung Galaxy S9, S10, Note 9 & Etc
There are many queries about how to scan documents using the Samsung Galaxy S20. Here are some of the most often asked. or how to scan documents with a Samsung Note 9 smartphone? We were used to scanning a document with a large scanner and having to wait for a longer amount of time in order to convert a physical piece of paper into a digital one. To understand how to scan documents with a Samsung Galaxy operating on Samsung One UI 2, continue reading this page. One UI 2.1 or One UI 2.5, depending on the situation (Android 10).
Additionally, scanning applications for Android devices, such as Google Drive, Adobe Scan, and CamScanner, among many others, are readily available.
People haven’t even realized that Galaxy smartphones like as the S9, S10, and S20 have a built-in document scanning capability.
How to Enable Built-in Scanner Feature within the Camera App
If, on the other hand, you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy devices to Android 10, the function should be activated by default inside the Samsung Camera application. Meanwhile, if the built-in scanner feature inside the Camera App is active, the following steps will guide you through the process:
- Open theCameraapp and choose theSettingsor Gear icon located in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. TapScene optimizer is a tool that helps you improve your scenes. Now, turn on the Scene Optimizer as well as the Document Scan
How to Scan Documents with Samsung Galaxy
When you enable the Document scan feature on your Samsung Galaxy phone, you will be able to quickly and effortlessly scan any documents. The following steps will show you how to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy using the Camera app: Step 1: Launch theCamera application. Place the Camera over a document to be scanned, and when the document’s edges are highlighted with a yellow rectangle, press “Tap to scan.” Step 3: The scanned document will be saved in the Gallery of your Galaxy device.
Hit the PDF symbol in yellow, navigate to the folder you want to save it to, and then tap Save.
Best Document Scanner Apps for Android
However, if you believe that the built-in scanner feature in the Samsung Galaxy is inadequate, we will discuss the three best scanner applications for Android devices in this article.
Adobe Scan is a program that scans documents. Adobe Scan allows you to scan and convert any documents, such as notes, forms, records, receipts, and images, into PDF files. It is simple to use and really effective. Upon pointing your phone’s camera at the document you wish to scan, it will be automatically recognized and scanned by the phone. It also allows you to rearrange pages in any way you see fit, and you may fix any one of the pages in color if you so want. Additionally, there is built-in OCR, which allows scanned materials to be reused.
In addition, you may use the document scanner program to send or upload scanned files to the cloud from your computer or mobile device.
In general, practically all of the most significant functions of Adobe Scan are covered in this tutorial. The best aspect of Adobe Scan is that it is completely free and does not contain any adverts.
Scan without obscuring anything The free Clear Scan for Android app allows you to scan any documents or photos directly from your smartphone. It is also possible to convert scanned documents and images into the PDF or JPEG file formats. This fantastic scanner application is small and lightweight for Android, and it processes data quickly. Cloud Print allows you to print scanned documents or photos from your computer. Even after the photographs have been saved to the gallery, the free scanner software offers a variety of professional editing options.
It supports the online storage services Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox.
Office LensOffice Lens is a dependable Microsoft-based mobile phone scanner that can be used to scan papers and photographs from whiteboards, among other things. The ability to swiftly capture any document and convert photos to PDF, Word, or PowerPoint files is provided. You may also save your work to OneNote, OneDrive, or a local storage location if you prefer that option. The software is appropriate for both professional and educational applications. Aside from English, it is also available in German, Spanish, and Simplified Chinese, among other languages.
Final Remarks In this article, we’ll show you how to scan documents with your Samsung Galaxy phone’s Camera app, rather than utilizing any third-party scanner applications.
Alternatively, you may use the Samsung Camera app to scan documents.
- On Samsung Galaxy devices, where is the clipboard located? How to reduce the size of a photo on a Samsung Galaxy smartphone using the Gallery App
About The Author
Andrew Clark is a professional How-to content writer who specializes in how-to material. In his capacity as a computer enthusiast, he enjoys writing articles about various operating systems such as the Android, the Windows, the Mac, and the iOS.
How to Scan Documents with Samsung Galaxy S21, S20, S10 & Others
Many individuals are interested in learning how to scan documents using a Samsung Galaxy smartphone. It used to take a long time to convert a physical piece of paper into a soft form since people had to scan it with a huge scanner and wait for it to convert to a soft form. However, because paper documents are still utilized in business, scanning a document with your Samsung phone while sitting at home is far more convenient than carrying a piece of paper to a shop and having it scanned. Instead, you may use your Samsung Galaxy phone to scan your documents without the need to download any third-party apps.
As a result, in this post, we will show you how to scan documents with the Samsung Galaxy S21, S20, S10, Note Series, as well as the latest Galaxy A Series smartphones. Please keep in mind that at the end of this post, we will show you some of the bestDocument Scanner AppsFor Samsung smartphones.
How to Enable Document Scan on Samsung
To enable document scanning on your Samsung phone, simply follow the simple procedures outlined below.
- Open theCameraapp and then hit theSettingsicon in the top left-hand corner to access the settings menu. Now, enableScene Optimizer is enabled. Then selectScene optimisertext and Document scan from the drop-down menu.
How to Scan Documents on Samsung Galaxy
- Open the Camera application
- Point the Camera at a document to be scanned and touch “Tap to scan” after the document’s borders are highlighted with a yellow rectangle
- Close the Camera application.
- Drag the corner to the right or left to alter the scanning area. Once you’ve completed, press the Save button.
Take a look at how your scanned document appears.
Best Document Scanners for Android Devices
Smartphones may be used for a wide range of tasks and functions. One of the less prevalent applications is the digitisation of documents. For scanning documents into PDF format, scanning receipts for tax purposes, and even scanning a completed form to send through email, this software is highly beneficial. The fact that you’re here suggests that you’re one of those use cases. Don’t be concerned; we’ll be able to assist you. Here are the finest document scanner applications for Android devices!
- It converts your smartphone into a powerful portable scanner that automatically recognizes text (OCR) and allows you to export the scanned documents in a number of file formats, including PDF and JPEG.
- Scan anything – receipts, notes, papers, images, business cards, whiteboards — and save the content from each PDF and photo scan so that it may be reused in the future.
- CamScanner is a Chinese mobile application that was first released in 2011.
- It is completely free to download and use this software from both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store.
- Clear Scan is the third step.
- In your business, you may use Clear Scanner to swiftly scan any sort of document you need to get into your device as soon as possible.
This is the most efficient method of obtaining the highest quality scanned document and converting it immediately to PDF or JPEG format so that you can share the scanned document, image, books, bills, important notes, or any other type of paper that you can think of with other people and organizations.
Microsoft Lens enables you to convert photos into PDF, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files, as well as digitise printed or handwritten text and save it to OneNote, OneDrive, or your local device using the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
Everything you needed to know about how to Scan Documents with the Samsung Galaxy S Serieslatest A Series without having to download any extra software was covered in this article.
If you do not have a Samsung smartphone, you can scan your papers using one of the programs listed in the previous section. More information may be found at: How to utilize two WhatsApp accounts on a single Samsung smartphone How to Change the Size of a Picture on a Samsung Phone
About The Author
I write How-To articles for a living and have a lot of experience. As a tech enthusiast and geek, I enjoy creating and sharing articles about various operating systems, including as Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS, as well as other gadgets, such as a smartwatch and smart TV, that I find interesting and helpful to others.
Samsung Multifunction Laser Printers – How to scan using Easy Document Creator
- Inspect your computer to ensure that the most recent print and scan drivers have been installed. Right-click theEasy Printer Managericon () in your Windows task bar, and then selectEasy Printer Manager from the context menu. If you are unable to view the icon on your desktop, try opening the hidden icons folder instead. The Samsung Easy Printer Manager is seen in Figure. Samsung Easy Printer Manager option (see illustration)
- In Easy Printer Manager, choose a printer from the left-hand panel, and then select the scan option from the Quick Linkssection on the right-hand side of the screen. Note: If theEasy Document Creatorscreen does not appear, go toSoftware and Driversto obtain the most recent version of the Easy Document Creator program. Quick connections are depicted in the diagram. When scanning photographs, you may change the settings by clicking on the scan icon. Please keep in mind that if the name of a connected scanner does not appear at the bottom left of Easy Document Creator, you may search for it by clickingSearch. Figure: Document Creator Made Simple
- Select an option based on the type of paper that will be used for scanning. Scan kinds are depicted in the diagram. Following the selection of an option, a pre-scanned picture with configuration choices is displayed. Pre-scanned picture (see illustration)
- Make your selection from theSizeddrop-down list of paper sizes. Figure: Choosing the appropriate size
- A document source choice can be selected from theDocument Source drop-down list.
- Figure: Document Source selection
- Choose a resolution choice from theResolutiondrop-down box. Figure: Document Source selection The default resolution is 300 dots per inch (dpi). Figurine: Selecting a resolution
- ClickingMore Optionsto customize the scan picture
- And then clickingScan Figure: Additional Alternatives Modify the file settings after scanning a picture in order to save it as a file. Options for file configuration are shown in Figure. After selecting a file format from theFile Formatdrop-down list, type a file name in the text box that appears below the drop-down list. A representation of the file format is shown in Figure 1. In the Store to Location window, use the magnifying glass to go to the folder where you want to save the file. Figure: Save to a specific location
- After making your selections, click Save. When a window appears, select one of the following choices from the drop-down menu: No, just once to save a file. Or, yes, in order to save a file to a different place. Figure: Various options for saving a file to a specific place. TheEasy Document Creator is a document creation program that is simple to use. After selecting theNooption, the following screen appears. To quit Easy Document Creator, click the exit button (X) situated at the top-right corner of the screen. Figure: Exiting the Easy Document Creator program.
- Basic scanning features are covered in detail in the Basic Guide (see Basic scanning). In some cases, depending on the model or optional products (see Features by model), this feature may not be accessible. In order to attain the highest possible resolution, several aspects must be taken into consideration, including the computer’s speed, available disk space, RAM, the size of the image being scanned, and the bit depth settings. As a result, depending on your machine and the material you are scanning, you may be unable to scan at certain resolutions, particularly when utilizing enhanced dpi.
|This feature may not be available depending on model or optional goods (seeVariety feature).|
By connecting your machine to the originals through a USB connection or the network, you may scan them. Scanning your papers may be accomplished through the use of the following methods:
- :From the control panel, scan the originals for errors. The scanned data will then be saved in the associated computer’s folder (see Basic Scanning for further information). TWAIN: TWAIN is one of the imaging apps that comes pre-installed. When you scan a picture, the application of your choice is launched, allowing you to manage the scanning process. This capability may be used through either a local or a network connection (see Scanning from an image editing software for further information). Samsung Easy Document Creator (also known as Samsung Easy Document Creator) is a document creator that allows you to create documents quickly and easily. This application may be used to scan photographs or documents into a computer. We recommend that you use the scanning functions of the Samsung Easy Document Creatorprogram, which is included on the software CD that came with the device. WIA: Windows Images Acquisition is the abbreviation for Windows Images Acquisition. To make advantage of this capability, your computer must be physically linked to the machine through a USB cable (see Scanning with the WIA driver for further information).
Setting the scan settings in the computer
|This feature may not be available depending on model or optional goods (seeFeatures by model).|
- Open the Samsung Easy Printer Manager (see Using the Samsung Easy Printer Manager for further information). Select the suitable machine from the
- Select the desired option from the
- When scanning is enabled on the device, this variable determines whether scanning is enabled. This function displays the scanning profiles that have been saved on the specified device. Tab: This tab contains settings related to general scan and device settings
- Tab: This tab contains settings related to picture modifying
- Tab: This tab contains settings related to image resizing
Scanning from network connected machine
Because the printer driver includes the scan application, make sure the printer driver is installed on your computer using the software CD that came with the printer (seeInstalling the driver locally).
- Place a single document (see Loading originals for further information)
- On the control panel, click on the Select() button. Alternatively, use the selectbutton on the control panel.
- Choose your registered computer and provide the essential information
- When switching to advanced mode, it has to be the same ID as the previously registered scan ID. is the four-digit number that has been registered as the password for switching to advanced mode
- Choose the one you want and push the button
- Scanning will begin.
|Scanned image is saved in computer’sC:Usersusers namePicturesfolder. The saved folder may differ, depending on your operating system or the application you are using.|
WSD (Web Service for Device) technology scans the originals and saves the data from the scans on a connected computer if the computer supports the WSD (Web Service for Device) feature. Installing the WSD printer driver on your computer is required in order to make use of the WSD functionality. Installing the WSD driver on Windows 7 is as simple as clicking here. The wizard will prompt you to click.
- The machine that does not have a network interface will be unable to take advantage of this feature (seeFeatures by model for further information). The WSD functionality is only available on computers that are WSD-compliant and run Windows Vista® or later versions of the operating system. The following installation procedures are based on a PC running Windows 7
Installing a WSD Printer Driver
- Clickprinter from the wizard’s drop-down menu. Select the printer you wish to use from the list of available printers, and then click
- For example, isaddress/ws/ is the IP address for the WSD printer (for example: If no WSD printers are showing in the list, click and selectfrom the drop-down menu instead. The IP address of the printer should then be entered.
- Follow the directions in the installation window to complete the process.
Scanning using the WSD feature
- Check to see that the machine is linked to your computer and that it is operational. Alternatively, load the papers into the document feeder face up rather than face down (see Loading originals)
- Place a single document face down on the document glass
- On the control panel, press the choose() button.
|If you seemessage, check the port connection. Or check the printer driver for WSD is correctly installed.|
- Choose your computer’s name from the drop-down menu
- Choose the one you want and hit the button
- The scanning process begins.
Scanning from image editing program
If the program is TWAIN-compliant, you may scan and import documents into the image editing software or into image editing software such as Adobe Photoshop. To scan using TWAIN-compliant software, follow the procedures outlined below:
- Check to see that the machine is linked to your computer and that it is operational. Place a single document (see Loading originals for further information)
- Open a photo editing program such as Adobe Photoshop
- Select the scanning device by clicking on it. Configure the scanning options
- Scan and save the image of your scanned document
Scanning using the WIA driver
When scanning images, your computer is compatible with the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) driver. WIA is one of the basic components included with Microsoft Windows 7 and is capable of working with digital cameras and scanners, among other things. Instead of needing extra software to scan and change photographs, the WIA driver allows you to scan and simply adjust images without the need for other software:
|The WIA driver works only on Windows OS with a USB port.|
- Check to see that the machine is linked to your computer and that it is operational. Place a single document (see Loading originals for further information)
- Right-click on the device driver icon in the program window
- The application appears. Click to see how your scanning preferences effect the photo once you’ve selected your scanning choices. Scan and save the image of your scanned document
Scanning from USB connected machine
- Check to see that the machine is linked to your computer and that it is operational. Place a single document face down on the document glass, or load a stack of papers face up into the document feeder (see Loading originals for instructions). Start by clicking
|Ifmessage appears, disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it. If the problem continues, refer to the ’s help.|
- Choose the option that you like
- Scan and save the image of your scanned document
|If scanning does not operate in, update Mac OS to the latest version.|
Scanning from network connected machine
- Check to see if your computer is linked to a network before proceeding. Place a single document face down on the document glass, or load a stack of papers face up into the document feeder (see Loading originals for instructions). Start by clicking
- Follow the instructions outlined below, according to the operating system.
- To access the menu bar, click on it. Please double-check that the checkbox next to your computer is selected.
- Configure the scanning options for this software. Scan and save the image of your scanned document
- If scanning does not function properly in Image Capture, make sure that your Mac OS is up to date. More information may be found in the help section of the website. Software that is TWAIN-compatible, such as Adobe Photoshop, can be used to scan documents. Using the Samsung Scan Assistant program, you may scan documents. To begin, open the folder.
- Check to see that the machine is linked to your computer and that it is operational. Start a scan application such as xsane or simple-scan to examine your computer. (If it is not already installed, please do so manually in order to use the scanning functions.) To install xsane, you may use commands such as “yum install xsane” for rpm package systems and “apt-get install xsane” for deb package systems. Choose your device from the drop-down menu and configure the scan choices to be applied
- To use the button, press it.
How to scan UPI QR codes directly from the camera app on Samsung phones
In recent months, Samsung has integrated native QR-code scanning functionality to several of its more modern smartphones. The capability allows you to take QR codes right from the default stock camera app and make UPI-based payments without having to open a separate app. Users may also utilize the new Scan QR option from the fast panel to scan a QR code quickly and easily. Here’s how to take use of the new capabilities on Samsung phones to expedite your UPI payments.
Which Samsung phones are supported?
As of the time of writing this article, the following Samsung smartphones are compatible with the new native QR code scanning capability. The Galaxy Note 10, the Galaxy Note 10 Lite, the Galaxy Note 10+, the Galaxy Note 20, the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, the Galaxy S10, the Galaxy S10+, the Galaxy S10e, the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20FE 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5GZ-series: Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, the Galaxy Z Flip and the Galaxy Z Flip 3A-series:
How to scan QR codes with the camera app or QR Scan shortcut?
Before you use the camera app to make a purchase, be sure that your Samsung smartphone is one of the models listed above and is thus able to use the new function. Next, check to see if you have the most recent software update for your device loaded. Start by launching the camera app and pointing it at the UPI QR code to be scanned to complete the transaction. You should be able to see a payment option that allows you to pay using Samsung Pay or Samsung Pay Mini when you do this. Choose the app you want to use and then proceed to make the payment by entering the amount and your UPI pin in the appropriate fields.
To make payments, you may also utilize the QR Scan shortcut in the fast panel, which works in a similar way. When the shortcut is tapped and the camera interface is launched, just aim the camera at the QR code you wish to transfer money to and follow the instructions in the previous step.
Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF With Galaxy S10 Camera
The ability to Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF with the Galaxy S10 Camera is a new function that has been integrated into the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e smartphones. Document Scan is the name of the function, and it is rather astounding since it allows you to create virtually flawless scans of papers, books, magazines, and other items such as business cards and other items that you would typically scan. After that, you may save the scans as Image or PDF files, which you can then distribute via email or other forms of communication.
Please see the following video which demonstrates how to Scan a Document with your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. To see the video, use the Play button.
What is Document Scan?
The Galaxy S10 camera includes a document scanning capability that is integrated into the camera software. As soon as the Camera recognizes a document of any form, it allows users to scan text or documents into their computer. The scan button is simply tapped when it appears, and the document is highlighted, allowing you to take a distortion-free scan of the document.
Scan Documents with the Galaxy S10 Camera
With the Galaxy S10’s camera, you can scan documents and save them as images or PDFs “data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” loading=”lazy” data-large-file=” data-medium-file=” data-large-file=” width: 844 pixels, height: 631 pixels src=” alt=”Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF With the Galaxy S10 Camera” src=” alt=”Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF With the Galaxy S10 Camera”” srcset=”844w,300w,768w” alt=”844w,300w,768w” sizes=”(max-width: 844px) 100vw, 844px”> sizes=”(max-width: 844px) 100vw, 844px”> S101 may be used to scan documents.
- The Galaxy S10 camera will be unveiled.
- Ensure that the Document scan option is enabled.
- 4.Take a book or other document and place it in front of the camera lens.
- When you are pleased with the outline, press the scan button.
- Scanning the document will result in a photo being taken.
- In the default configuration, the scan is stored as an image.
- Now, at the top of the print screen, on the first line with the pick printer button, tap and choose:Save as PDF, and then press the yellow PDF option with the down arrow to save the document.
6.Finally, select a place for the file and save it to that directory. You may use the file browser to locate the PDF within the file you selected and then send it or do whatever you want with it.
What did you think?
Was this guide on How to Scan Documents and Save as Image or PDF With the Galaxy S10 Camera useful to you? Let us know in the comments. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment on this post. Also, please feel free to share this information with anybody you know who has a Galaxy S10, and be sure to read our other articles.
How to Scan Documents Using a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone – Whyingo Android Tutorials
We may require the scanning of papers from time to time, which is simple to accomplish with practically any Samsung Galaxy smartphone. Among those models are the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Note 10, S10, S20, S21, and more models. After the papers have been scanned, they may be utilized in emails, text messages, or stored to a computer. Scanning a document may be accomplished without the use of an application, thus there is no need to download an application on your phone. The camera is used to scan a document, and it performs admirably when it comes to interpreting text and storing it to the phone’s storage.
In the event that you require the scanning of a document, you can do so for free using your smartphone or tablet.
Scene Optimizer and Document Scan are two settings that must be enabled in order for the smartphone scanning to function.
- Use your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone’s camera to take some photos. At the top of the screen, select Settings (Gear Icon) and then Scene Optimizer. Document Scan should be enabled. To begin scanning after you have activated the settings, reopen the camera, focus directly on the paper or document you wish to scan, and then click on the screen to initiate the scanning process. When you click on it, a yellow frame will appear in front of you
- Tap the yellow frame where it reads “Tap To Scan” to begin scanning. Scannable documents are saved into the yourGallery App
Instructions for Sending a Scanned Document from a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Sending a scanned document from an Android device is simple and just takes a few steps.
- To begin a new email message, open your email program (assuming it is Gmail) and select Compose. When you want to add an attachment, tap the paperclip icon and pick the option to add an attachment from Google Drive. Locate your scanned PDF and pick it to include it as an attachment in your email
- Provide out your email as normal to send your scanned document
- Finish and submit your form.
Summary Scanning documents using your Samsung Galaxy smartphone is a convenient and reliable method of doing so. Scanner apps are incorporated into Samsung Galaxy smartphones, which is quite convenient if you need to scan a piece of paper to transmit it by email or another method. Because the tool is incorporated into the UI layer of almost all Samsung Galaxy devices, scanning a document is a simple process. The scanner immediately recognizes the document, duplicates it, and stores it to the phone’s storage memory card.
While scanning papers, you may also use your Samsung tablet; but, when you’re on the road, a phone scan is typically the quickest and most natural alternative.
How to scan a QR code on your Android phone or tablet
- On an Android smartphone, you can scan QR codes with the default camera app or the Google Lens app
- However, this is not recommended. As long as your Android smartphone has a camera, it should be able to scan any QR code
- However, certain QR codes are more difficult to read. After you’ve scanned a QR code with your Android device, you may either access the URL or share it with others. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
During the last decade, QR codes have seen a significant increase in popularity. They may be found on restaurant windows, at bus stations, in supermarkets, and even in books, among other places. They’re a convenient approach to guide users to certain websites in a timely manner. Furthermore, as QR codes become more common, more devices that can scan them are being developed. This covers mobile phones as well. Any Android device with a camera, whether it’s a smartphone or a tablet, may be used to scan QR codes for information.
To scan QR codes on most Android smartphones, you’ll need to utilize the built-in camera application.
2.Adjust the camera’s position so that the QR code is visible in the frame.
To view the URL, simply tap it.
Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli To see if your camera will identify the QR code, try shutting and re-opening your camera, or repositioning the QR code so that it does not fill up the full screen.
Lens also provides you with more possibilities for utilizing the QR code that you have scanned.
Simply selectModesat the bottom of the screen, thenLens, and repeat the process.
Google Lens is pre-installed on some Android devices.
2.The URL of the QR code will be displayed above it.
Alternatively, you may hit the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen to reveal other alternatives.
The URL associated with the QR code will show in front of the code. Insider3 is a collaboration between William Antonelli and Insider3. By tapping the magnifying glass, you will be presented with three options:
- The URL is opened in your web browser when you visit a website. Copy URL transfers the URL to your phone’s clipboard, allowing you to paste it wherever you choose. Shareallows you to share a URL to someone by text message, email, or another app of your choosing.
You have three alternatives when it comes to creating your QR code. Insider photo courtesy of William Antonelli If neither of these approaches is successful, it is possible that the QR code is incorrect. Tech Reference’s William Antonelli is the editor and a staff writer. William Antonelli is a journalist and editor located in New York City who specializes in the arts. During his tenure as Editor of Insider’s Tech Reference vertical and as a founding member of the Reference team, he has assisted in the growth of Tech Reference from its humble beginnings into a behemoth that receives over 20 million visits each month.