- 1 Replace the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator
- 2 How to Change the Water Filter on a Samsung Refrigerator
- 3 Step-by-Step: How to Change the Water Filter on a Samsung Refrigerator
- 3.1 Step 1: Purchase the Correct Samsung Water Filter
- 3.2 Step 2: Verify you have the right part!
- 3.3 Step 3: Locate the Samsung Water Filter on Your Refrigerator.
- 3.4 Step 4: Prepare the Filter for Installation
- 3.5 Step 5: Install the Samsung Water Filter
- 3.6 Step 6: Purge 1 Gallon of Water
- 3.7 Step 7: Reset the Change Water Filter Indicator
- 4 How to Install Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter DA29-00020A
- 5 How to Change Samsung Water Filter DA29-00020B
- 6 How to Replace Water Filter in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator?
- 7 How to Replace Water Filter in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator?
- 8 Replacing HAFCU1 Filter in SamsungRefrigerator
- 9 How to Replace a Cracked Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 10 How to Access The Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 11 How to Uninstall The Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 12 How to Install a New Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 13 Samsung Refrigerator Water Filters at Lowes.com
- 14 Samsung French Door – turn off water to replace filter?
- 15 How to Replace Your Samsung Refrigerator’s Water Inlet Valve
- 16 1. Unplug and turn off the water.
- 17 2. Disassemble the rear of the refrigerator to access the water inlet valve.
- 18 3. Remove the old water inlet valve.
- 19 4. Install the new Samsung water inlet valve.
- 20 5. Test the water and reassemble the refrigerator.
- 21 How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 22 Why Should You Change the Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator?
- 23 When Should You Change the Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator?
- 24 How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator — Before You Change
- 25 Where Is The Water Filter On A Samsung Refrigerator?
- 26 How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator — Step-By-Step Guide
- 27 Quick Recap on How to Change the Water Filter on Your Samsung Refrigerator
- 28 Get Instant Help — Ask An Experienced Verified Appliance Technician
Replace the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator
There are three different types of Samsung water filters, so you’ll want to be sure you’re getting the right one for your refrigerator before purchasing one. Replacement filters are available for purchase on our accessories website. To begin, identify the filter in your refrigerator’s model number. You should refer to your user handbook if you are unclear about the location. Then, on the filter itself, look for the model number printed on it. HAF-CINHAF-QINHAFCU1Replacing your water filter is straightforward and should only take a few minutes.HAF-CINHAF-QINHAFCU1Replacing your water filter is straightforward and should only take a few minutes.
For example, depending on your refrigerator model, the light may be blue, yellow, or green while the filter is brand new.
Approximately 6 months after installation, the light will turn red.
- After turning off the water, identify the filter and clean it as needed. If you are unclear of where it is, please refer to your user handbook for assistance. Once you have unlocked the old water filter, remove its lid and swivel it counterclockwise to reinstall it. Afterwards, just pull it straight out of the filter housing to remove it. Prior to placing the new filter in the system, remove the protective cover from the top of the existing filter. Afterwards, insert it directly into the filter housing and turn it counter-clockwise
- Examine to ensure that the lock symbol corresponds to the indication line.
Types of HAFCU1 filters include:
- After turning off the water, identify the filter and clean it as needed. If you are unclear of where it is, please refer to your user handbook for assistance. Using a left-handed twist, you can remove the old filter. This will allow you to access it
- Afterwards, pull it downward to remove it from the filter housing. The replacement filter should be inserted by pushing it up into the filter housing and then turning it to the right. Check to ensure that the notch at the top of the filter corresponds to the arrow on the filter’s housing. Replace your filter and then flush it thoroughly with a few liters of water to wash out any contaminants or air that may have gotten into it. Then, make sure that the water filter light on your refrigerator is turned back on. Please refer to the following sections for further information.
After turning off the water, locate the filter and clean it as necessary. You should reference your user manual if you are unclear of where it is located. Using a left-hand twist, you may remove the old filter. Upon doing so, it will be unlocked. Afterwards, pull it down to release it from the filter housing. Using your fingers, press the new filter upwards and then to the right; this will ensure that it is properly installed. To avoid clogging the filter, make sure it has a notch at the top that matches the arrow on the housing.
Then, make sure that the water filter light on your refrigerator is turned off and back on again.
- If theFilter Resetbutton is accessible on the control panel, locate it and press it. In some cases, it is a secondary function of another button on the panel
- Once identified, press and hold the proper button for 3 seconds until the light turns out
- The filter symbol will either turn off or return to its usual color when the light is turned off. This restarts the timer for the next six months.
Please keep in mind that some models may require you to press two buttons at the same time in order to reset the light. Touch screen models will instead make use of on-screen menus. Consult your refrigerator’s owner’s handbook for detailed operating instructions. The water filter light and timer on your Family Hub refrigerator may be reset by following the instructions outlined below.
- Start by selecting Apps from the Home screen, followed by Fridge Manager
- Then choose Water Filter from the Home screen, followed by Reset and then Proceed. The filter light and timer will be reset as a result of this. If you require a Samsung water filter, you may purchase one by pressing the Buy Filter button after tapping the water filter symbol.
On models RF4289 and RSG309, you may also reset the filter light by pressing the reset button.
- Then, at the bottom of the screen, navigate to and pick theSettingsicon, and then tapWater Filter to begin. As soon as the Water Filter menu appears, press Next three times in the lower right corner of the screen until you reach page 4/4 of the Water Filter menu. Hold the object with your fingertips. Remove and reinstall the water filter until it changes its status, which may be done in the middle of the display. After the message “Filter Replaced” appears and disappears from the screen, tapSave in the lower right corner of the screen.
In order to define what is filtered by a water filter, the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) have developed a variety of standards. Samsung’s water filters are Carbon Filters that meet the requirements of the NSF/ANSI 42, NSF/ANSI 53, and NSF/ANSI 401 standards, among other requirements. NSF/ANSI 42 is a standard for food safety and sanitation.
- Filtered to decrease the presence of aesthetically objectionable contaminants like as chlorine and taste/odor
NSF/ANSI 53 is a standard that specifies how a product should be designed, manufactured, and tested.
- Certified to decrease a pollutant that has a negative impact on health. The following substances have been identified as having negative health effects by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Health Canada: Asbestos, Atrazine, Benzene, 2, 4-D, Carbofuran, Chlorbenzene, Cyst (99.99 percent), Endrin, Ethylbenzene, Lead, Lindane, Mercury, O-Dichlorobenzene, P-Dichlorobenzene, Tetrachloroethylene, Toxaphene
NSF/ANSI 401 is a standard for food safety and sanitation.
- It has been proven to lower one or more of the 15 emerging pollutants in drinking water by at least 50%. Pharmaceuticals and chemicals that are not yet controlled by the Environmental Protection Agency or Health Canada include: atenolol, bisphenol A, carbamazepine, DEET, estrone, linduron, nonylphenol, phenytoin, trimethoprim, and trimethoprim sodium.
Check out our troubleshooting guide for assistance if you are having difficulties installing the water filter in your refrigerator.
How to Change the Water Filter on a Samsung Refrigerator
You’ve been ignoring the Change Water Filter Indicator on your Samsung refrigerator for a little bit longer than you should have. If this is the case, don’t waste any more time! Follow these simple step-by-step directions to learn how to replace the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator. It is critical to change your Samsung water filter on a regular basis for the health of your family and your refrigerator! A clean water filter installed in your Samsung french door, four flex, or side-by-side refrigerator may make a significant impact in the quality of your drinking water and food preparation.
Step-by-Step: How to Change the Water Filter on a Samsung Refrigerator
If you don’t have technical skills, changing your water filter is a breeze thanks to a Samsung design. You can begin by following the steps outlined in this document.
Step 1: Purchase the Correct Samsung Water Filter
We strongly advise you to get the Samsung Factory Water Filter. If at all possible, stay away from knock-off brands. Although they are less expensive, the quality is not similar. The Samsung Factory Water Filter may be purchased online through Amazon, with most items shipping the same day on conventional Prime or free 2-hour delivery on Prime Now, depending on the product. We encourage that you sign up for the Amazon Subscribe and Save program in order to save money on future purchases. To ensure that you never have an out-of-date water filter again, schedule your water filter to be delivered automatically every five months.
Step 2: Verify you have the right part!
Refrigerator water filters are model number specific, which means that you must use the exact filter for your refrigerator and not just any water filter. WARNING: Before opening the package, double-check that you have the appropriate filter. It is not possible to return the water filter once it has been installed. The water filter component number DA29-00020B (shown below) is used in the majority of Samsung french door, four flex, and side-by-side refrigerators; nevertheless, it is important to check the refrigerator model number to ensure that you are purchasing the proper filter for your product.
See the following specifications for further information: Your Samsung water filter will be sent with a new water filter, an instruction manual, and sticker reminders for the filter’s expiration date.
Step 3: Locate the Samsung Water Filter on Your Refrigerator.
The position of the water filter is determined by the setup of your Samsung refrigerator. French DoorsFour Flex models have a water filter that is situated between the produce drawers and the French DoorsFour Flex models’ fresh food area (as pictured below).
Samsung side-by-side refrigerators are equipped with a water filter, which is positioned on the fresh food side of the bottom drawer on the right-hand side of the unit.
Step 4: Prepare the Filter for Installation
Simple removal of the plastic wrapping and removal of the top cap are all that is required to ready the filter for installation. A well designed filter will look something like this.
Step 5: Install the Samsung Water Filter
Installing the water filter is accomplished by turning the filter knob to the left. It takes approximately 1/4 turn to unlock the filter. If possible, you should be able to remove the filter without having to switch off the water supply. To release the filter, slowly move the refrigerator forward and switch off the main water supply. In order to install the replacement filter, screw it into place with a quarter-clockwise turn. When the filter is locked in place, you may hear a pressure noise, which is completely normal.
Step 6: Purge 1 Gallon of Water
1 gallon of water should be sent through the filter. For the first 3-5 seconds, you may hear some air in the lines. This is quite normal. Remove the water from the container. It’s now time to put your water dispenser to work!
Step 7: Reset the Change Water Filter Indicator
By pressing and holding the Crushed Ice button for three seconds, you may reset the Change Water Filter Indicator light. Do you need assistance with the water dispenser or ice maker on your Samsung refrigerator? For Samsung Certified Care on your refrigerator, get in touch with Unique Repair Services.
How to Install Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter DA29-00020A
You’re thinking of replacing your own water filter, right? That’s a great concept! Replacing your refrigerator water filter on your own may save you a significant amount of time and money. Let’s get started. The entire procedure should take no more than 10 minutes if everything is done correctly. First and foremost, you’ll want a replacement air filter for your system. Replacing water filters may be obtained from a variety of sources, including your local appliance parts store, Lowe’s, or an internet vendor such as Amazon.com.
The steps outlined below illustrate how to replace the Samsung Refrigerator Water Filter DA29-00020B in your refrigerator.
This filter is also compatible with a limited number of Kenmore refrigerators (see below).
How to Change Samsung Water Filter DA29-00020B
Step 1: Locate the model number of your refrigerator. Model numbers are situated within the refrigerator, most frequently on the left side wall of the appliance. The following are examples of Samsung refrigerator models that are compatible with the DA29-00020B filter: Fits Refrigerators from Samsung
Before purchasing a water filter, double-check that the model number of your refrigerator is compatible with the filter you’re considering. It is really helpful when purchasing appliance filters on Amazon to utilize the model number checker (find the Model Number Checkerunder the main menuwhen purchasing parts). Step 2: Determine the location of your water filter housing. The water filter housing will have the appearance of a knob. There are two possible locations for this component: either inside of the refrigerator section near the crispers, or on the outside of it at the toe grille.
- The third step is to turn off the water supply.
- Carefully pull the refrigerator forward in order to gain access to the water shutoff valve located at the rear of the unit.
- Step 4: Discard the previous filter.
- The old filter should be disposed of after it has been removed using a knob-style cap.
- The knob-style cap should be placed on the rear of the new filter.
- The filter should be replaced by twisting the knob counterclockwise until it is secure.
- Step 6: Reconnect the water supply.
- For a few seconds, you may notice that the water sputters a little.
- You’re now ready to take a drink.
- Press and hold the water filter reset button for 3 seconds to reset the water filter.
Your refrigerator will notify you when it is time to change the filter again in 6 months or 300 gallons, whichever comes first. With Your Subscription, You’ll Save $15 on Labor. To receive tips and ideas, as well as a discount on appliance repair work, subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
How to Replace Water Filter in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator?
Samsung refrigerators are considered to be among the best in the business. Design, modern technology, energy-saving components, and ease of use are all hallmarks of their product line. The majority of Samsung refrigerators are equipped with a water filter, which ensures that consumers have access to pure drinking water. This filter aids in the removal of a wide range of pollutants and smells from entering water. The filter in Samsung refrigerators has a shelf life of approximately 6 months. This varies depending on the water quality and how much it is being used.
Please keep in mind that in some models, the light may turn orange after 5 months of filter change or 450 gallons, and red after 6 months or 500 gallons in other models.
You won’t need any special instruments to do this task.
Find out how to change the water filter in your Samsung Side by Side refrigerator in this tutorial.
How to Replace Water Filter in Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator?
Before you begin working, go through all of the procedures listed below and double-check that you have the correct filter with you. When purchasing replacement filters for a Samsung refrigerator, it is recommended to go through Samsung.
Step 1: Locate the Water Purifier Filter
The first step is to locate the water purifier filter on your Samsung refrigerator. It is usually located near the door. It is normally found in the middle of the machine’s interior or at the bottom of the machine. Please keep in mind that the placement of the filter may differ from one model to another and from one category to another. As a result, it is recommended that you carry the user handbook with you when replacing the filter.
Step 2: Prepare your Refrigerator
Turn off the water supply valve on your Samsung side-by-side refrigerator so that it is not running. It is not necessary to switch off the machine while replacing the filter in a Samsung refrigerator because doing so while the machine is running is safe.
Step 3: Replacing the Filter
There are three sub-steps in this phase.
- On your Samsung side-by-side refrigerator, press and hold the Ice Type/Filter Change button for 3 seconds. Then, open the filter cover and spin the water filter counterclockwise until the water filter is completely changed. Take the water filter out of the casing by pulling it out. When removing the filter cartridge, be certain that it is kept horizontal at all times. You don’t want any water to flow out of the filter case, do you? Insert a fresh filter into the filter case and spin the filter case counterclockwise until the filter is locked in place. Remember to remove the protective cap from the filter before putting it into the filter housing
- Otherwise, the filter may become damaged.
Step 4: Resetting the Water Filter
For the water filter to be reset, press and hold the filter reset button for three seconds. Make sure to dispense a couple of gallons of water after replacing the filter to remove any air bubbles and prevent the filter from tripping again later. Make sure you don’t drink any of this contaminated water. You may use it to water your plants if you like. That’s all there is to it. You have successfully changed the filter on your Samsung side-by-side refrigerator. The method described above will aid in the replacement of HAF-CIN and HAF-QIN filter types.
Replacing HAFCU1 Filter in SamsungRefrigerator
- Turn off the water supply and look for the water-filtering system. You should consult the user handbook if you are unsure where it is located. Using a left-handed twist, you can remove the old filter. The filter will be unlocked at that point. To remove the filter, simply pull it down. The replacement filter should be inserted and pushed up into the filter housing before being turned to the right. Check that the filter is securely fastened to the filter holder by looking for the lock sign on the filter holder. 1-2 liters of water should be dispensed from the dispenser to flush out any pollutants and air. Holding the button down for three seconds will reset the water filter.
What to do if the water filter is not coming out or stuck?
Turn off the water supply and look for the filter in the water system. If you don’t know where to look, see the user handbook. Using a left-hand twist, you may remove the old filter. Unlocking of the filter will occur; In order to remove the filter, lift it up. The replacement filter should be inserted and pushed up into the filter housing before being turned to the right; Check that the filter is securely fastened to the holder by looking for the lock symbol on the holder. To eliminate any pollutants and air, use the dispenser to pour 1- 2 liters of water.
Holding the button for 3 seconds will reset the water filter.
How do I know that the new filter is locked in its place?
When the lock sign on the fridge matches the indication line on the fridge, you’ll know it’s securely secured in place.
How to find the serial number on your refrigerator?
You will need to know the serial number of each filter that corresponds to your refrigerator model in order to replace them. The labels on the exterior of all Samsung refrigerators are located in two locations on the product’s exterior. A appropriate filter for your refrigerator may be found with relative ease if you know the model and serial number of your appliance.
Are Samsung filters any good?
Yes. Samsung has one of the most effective filters currently available on the market today. The Samsung filters are preferred by many individuals who have refrigerators from other brands if the filters are compatible with the machine. Water filters from Samsung can include rare carbon filters that meet the NSF/ANSI 42, NSF/ANSI 53, and NSF/ANSI 401 requirements, among other things. These filters can minimize a variety of pollutants, including aesthetically objectionable impurities such as chlorine and taste/odor.
It is critical for the health of everyone in the household that the refrigerator filter be replaced on a regular basis.
Furthermore, you must keep your machine clean and well-maintained in order to keep it sanitary and to ensure that it functions effectively.
How to Replace a Cracked Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
A leaking water filter head and housing in your Samsung refrigerator modelRS25H5111BC/AA is frequently the source of a leak inside the appliance. A crack in the head and housing allows water to escape and end up in a puddle on the bottom of your refrigerator if there is a break in the component. Fortunately, all that is required is a detailed examination of the component to determine whether or not it is the source of the leak. Once you’ve checked the component and determined that it is, in fact, damaged, you’ll need to get it replaced.
Fortunately, Before you begin disassembling your refrigerator, make sure it is unplugged and the water supply has been turned off.
Tools that will be required
How to Access The Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
Located at the bottom of the fresh food compartment of your Samsung refrigerator, the water filter head and housing are made of stainless steel. To gain access to the part, open the refrigerator door and take the shelves and bins out of the way. Upon completion of the fresh food area, you’ll be able to see the dwelling, which is located close to its floor and along one of the compartment’s right-side walls.
You may now examine the housing to see if there is any obvious damage to it. If you discover any cracks, you may begin the process of replacing them.
How to Uninstall The Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
First, you’ll need to take out the water filter from the front of the component before you can remove the screws that hold the housing to the refrigerator. Remove the filter by rotating it counter-clockwise until it pops out, then pulling it forward to remove it from its position. When moving the water filter, make sure to maintain it upright; otherwise, you’ll wind up with water leaking all over your floor. Using your Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw that holds the housing of your refrigerator’s filter to its side wall, you may now remove the filter housing from the refrigerator’s wall.
- You’ll need to remove the kick plate off the front of your refrigerator at this point by unthreading the screws that keep it in place.
- The water lines that lead to the water and ice dispensers, as well as the water filter head and housing, are all located behind the kick plate of the refrigerator.
- Make use of your flat-head screwdriver to take off the safety caps that are attached to the bottom of the couplings.
- Remove the coupling and take out the water lines that are connected to the filter head and housing by pressing the locking mechanism on the bottom of the coupling.
- Disconnect the water lines that go to the water inlet valve, which is situated beneath the refrigerator’s rear access panel.
- After you’ve completed this step, you may remove the rear access panel from the vehicle.
- The first step is to release the nut that holds the water line in place on top of the inlet valve.
- It is necessary to remove the water inlet valve from the refrigerator in order to separate the other two water lines from the refrigerator.
- Remove the locking rings that are located between the valve and the water lines in order to disconnect the water lines from the valve.
- If the water lines are protected by tubing, remove it by sliding it off the lines.
The water lines that are linked to the back of the housing should be able to easily slide out of the hole in the rear wall, and the water lines that are connected to the ice maker and water dispenser should be able to readily slide out of the opening in the floor of the housing.
How to Install a New Water Filter Head and Housing in Your Samsung Refrigerator
Begin by feeding the water lines through the holes in the rear wall and floor of your refrigerator to complete the installation. Then, pressing the filter head and housing against the wall, reattach the screw that keeps the filter head and housing together. The water lines at the front of your appliance should be connected to the lines that supply water to the ice maker and water dispenser. Make care to begin by re-attaching the safety caps to the lines before proceeding. After that, connect the water lines to the couplings that are already connected to the ice maker and water dispenser lines.
- Reinstall the kick plate to complete the project.
- Install the cover and brackets that you removed during the dismantling procedure and then fasten the lines to the back of your refrigerator by placing them on the rear of the refrigerator in the right sequence.
- Then, connect the lines to the water inlet valve and close the valve.
- Once the lines are properly secured, reconnect the locking collars to ensure that the lines do not come undone during transportation.
- Reattach the remaining water line to the top of the inlet valve once the inlet valve has been properly installed.
- Make your way to the front of your refrigerator and place the water filter into its housing.
- Finally, replace your refrigerator shelf before reconnecting the appliance to the wall and turning on the water supply to the appliance.
Samsung Refrigerator Water Filters at Lowes.com
With Lowe’s, you can have clean, refreshing drinking water available to you on a daily basis. When it comes time to change the water filter in your refrigerator, be prepared. Water filters from a variety of well-known brands are available at Lowe’s to match your requirements, and selecting a replacement is as simple as knowing the make and model number of your refrigerator. Is it necessary to use water filters? The use of water filters can assist to eliminate impurities from your drinking water such as iron, chlorine, and rust.
Replace your refrigerator’s water filter every six months to ensure the greatest performance.
Most of the time, your refrigerator’s owner’s handbook will include replacement instructions for your individual model, so make a point of keeping it secure.
Your refrigerator water filter may be a Whirlpool® refrigerator water filter, a Samsung® refrigerator water filter, a General Electric (GE) refrigerator water filter, a Kenmore refrigerator water filter, an LG refrigerator water filter, a Frigidaire refrigerator water filter, a KitchenAid refrigerator water filter, or a Maytag refrigerator water filter, depending on the brand of your refrigerator.
To ensure that you receive a replacement part that is compatible with your specific appliance, discover the model number of your refrigerator and have it on hand while searching for your replacement part online or in store.
Additionally, our Buy Online, Store Pickup option makes purchasing your refrigerator water filter replacement a breeze.
Samsung French Door – turn off water to replace filter?
In March of this year, we acquired a Samsung RF4287HARS 4 door french door refrigerator, which is still in good condition. So far, everything has been OK, except for the fact that the ice maker makes a loud noise when it dumps the ice. My husband, on the other hand, was playing with the water filter the other day and accidentally took it out. Water began to flow out of the filter hole under pressure, so he forced the filter back into the filter hole. The water did, however, make its way into the freezer compartment, and we now have to defrost the refrigerator in order to melt all of the ice that has accumulated there.
- I’m completely taken aback by what I’ve just read.
- This is something I’ve never had to do previously with other filters.
- Alternatively, cut off the water to the entire house.
- You just can’t get it out of this model, to put it mildly.
- Fortunately, DH is tall and has long arms, so he had no trouble getting a solid grasp on the 36-inch refrigerator.
- On support websites, the idiotic films show a person standing in front of a refrigerator, telling viewers to first cut off the water supply to the refrigerator, then just pull out the old filter and replace it with the new one!
- One of our friends owns this type from a couple years ago, and they claim that they can change the filter without having to cut the water supply off.
How to Replace Your Samsung Refrigerator’s Water Inlet Valve
The water intake valve on your Samsung refrigerator is in charge of controlling all of the water that flows through the refrigerator. In addition to diverting the water to the water dispenser and ice machine sides, it also has other functions. It also regulates when and how much water is discharged from your refrigerator based on signals from other sections of the appliance. If your refrigerator is leaking water, the first place to look is at the water inlet valve. The following are examples of common issues:
- Due to the fact that the water entry valve has not been properly closed, there is a constant drop from the water dispenser. flooding of the ice machine’s water supply connection either the ice machine or the water dispenser do not respond. The water inlet valve on the rear of the refrigerator has cracked, allowing water to flow in there.
Fortunately, changing the water entry valve is a straightforward procedure. Simply order a replacement component for your Samsung refrigerator, part number DA62-02360B. Then you may do it yourself by following these procedures to remove the old part and replace it with a new water intake valve.
1. Unplug and turn off the water.
When you’re changing parts in a big appliance, make sure to unplug the device before beginning. Electrical shocks are prevented as a result of this, and you and others around you are safer. Having a steady hand is very necessary during this step since you will be disconnecting a wire harness that is located within the refrigerator.
In addition, switch off the local water supply to the fridge. When you remove the hoses from the water intake valve, you will not experience any leaks or streaming water.
2. Disassemble the rear of the refrigerator to access the water inlet valve.
Remove the refrigerator from the wall, if it hasn’t previously been done so, and set it aside. During this repair, all of the work will be performed towards the rear of the machine. After that, remove the access panel from the back. Loosen the screws around the border of the panel and place them to one side so that you won’t lose track of where they are. Pulling the panel up off the bottom groove will allow you to remove the panel out of the groove and set it aside.
3. Remove the old water inlet valve.
To begin, find the water inlet valve, which is located in the lower right corner of the refrigerator. An electrical wiring harness as well as three water hoses and a bracket are used to attach it to the refrigerator. It is at this stage that the part will be removed from the connecting places. Remove the nut that secures the blue water line at the top of the inlet valve in order to start the process. After that, remove the tube from the intake. Make sure you have a towel available to collect any extra water that may come out.
- After that, detach the bracket that holds the water inlet valve from the right edge of the refrigerator.
- You should now be able to reach the little cover box located above the section that houses the wire harness.
- Once this is completed, disconnecting the wire harness by pushing the clamps on either side will be necessary.
- Then, using your fingers, slip the two flexible white hoses out of the clamps on the left side of the valve, allowing you to withdraw the valve from the refrigerator.
- Afterwards, disconnect the white hoses from the water intake valve by pulling them apart.
- Then push the collars all the way down to completely remove the white tubs.
4. Install the new Samsung water inlet valve.
To begin, join the two white tubes to the bottom of the new valve using the nutdriver. To do so, first remove the locking rings from their positions. Afterwards, insert the smaller of the two tubes into the smaller opening, while the bigger tube is inserted into the larger aperture. In order for the black lines to be obscured, make sure that each one goes in far enough. The tubes should be secured in position by sliding the locking rings back between the broad circles towards the end of the tubes and the valve.
- Orient it such that the wire harness is at the top of the structure.
- The cover box may be reattached by simply clicking it back into place.
- Excess tube lengths should be tucked into the retention clip on the left side of the valve, where it should stay.
- After that, move the entire water valve into position.
- Fix the bracket to the frame using screws.
- Remove the nut at the end of the valve and leave it aside to complete this process.
Insert the hose’s other end into the inlet valve’s port by pushing it in. Once it’s been pulled into position, tighten the nut that’s been placed over it. Tighten it down with pliers or a wrench until it is completely secure. However, avoid overtightening it.
5. Test the water and reassemble the refrigerator.
Turn on the water to ensure that there are no leaks caused by either overtightening or not pushing the hoses in far enough before proceeding. If there are no leaks, leave the water switched on and proceed to rebuild the refrigerator’s back section as previously described. Slide the rear bottom access panel down into the bottom groove by squeezing it together. Adjust the angle so that it is flush with the outside of the refrigerator. Then, using the screws around the perimeter of the panel, reattach it to the wall.
The ability to repair and maintain your own appliances is an excellent method to extend the life of your appliances.
Additionally, you may call our staff to connect with a skilled appliance repair specialist who can assist you with more complicated repairs.
How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator
Consequently, because you are unsure of how to change the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator, you have ignored the dreaded red light on your refrigerator’s display panel informing you that you need to do so. It is not necessary for this to be the case. The following are straightforward instructions for replacing the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator: i. Turn off the water supply ii. Take out the old water filter iii. Replace the water filter Insert the new water filter (iv) into the system.
- To turn on the water supply, turn the water supply valve to on.
- Flush out your new water filter.
- There is, however, much to be learned.
- We guarantee that it will be simple and straightforward.
Why Should You Change the Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator?
Your water filter is responsible for filtering out contaminants and ensuring that your water is pure, safe, and of high quality and flavor, because who knows what horrible bacteria could be swimming about in it? As well as removing microorganisms, a top grade water filter will also remove a significant amount of water treatment residues as well as herbicides and pesticides, pharmaceuticals, asbestos, and other substances that can be present in your water. More importantly, you should change your water filter on a regular basis to avoid sediments from building up and blocking your water supply valve and/or ice maker, which is especially important if you live in an area with hard water.
When Should You Change the Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator?
It is essential to understand not only how to change the filter in your Samsung refrigerator, but also when it is necessary to perform this task. Most of the time, you’ll know it’s time to change your water filter when you notice the red “Change Water Filter” signal on your water filter. In most cases, this will occur before the filter’s capacity has been fully utilized (Samsung water filters have a capacity of 300 gallons before it has to be changed). Your water filter must be changed every six months regardless of whether or not its capacity is reached.
Fortunately, your Samsung refrigerator offers built-in features to assist you in recalling important information.
Keeping this in mind will assist you in ensuring that you change your filters on a regular basis, ensuring that your water is always of high quality.
This product’s price and availability information will be presented on the product’s purchase page at the time of purchase.
How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator — Before You Change
The model and part number of the old water filter should be checked. Consult your refrigerator’s owner’s handbook, where it is almost certain to be written. Even if you’ve misplaced your handbook, you can just check the product label in or on your refrigerator, where the model and serial number are printed, to see if the problem is still there. Then go to www.4ourhouse.co.uk, enter in the model number into the search box, and scroll down until you locate the one you want, which in this case is a water filter, which you can then purchase online.
Get Your Replacement Water Filter
Make sure you have your replacement water filter ready before you attempt to replace the old one. There is no purpose in eliminating the old if there is nothing to replace it with, right? Once you have completed the first step and determined which sort of water filter your specific refrigerator model requires, you can go ahead and purchase it in advance of the scheduled change. Purchases can be made in a local store near you, or they can be placed through Amazon. Samsung also offers the option of purchasing straight from the company by subscribing to the company’s automatic water filter replacement plan.
Please double-check that you have received the correct component upon delivery since once it has been opened, it cannot be returned.
Prepare The New Filter
You should next prepare the filter for use by removing the carton and nylon that were used to package it when you get it. Take off the protective cap, as well.
Locate The Water Filter
It is important to note that the position of this button differs between Samsung refrigerator models and kinds. Following is a thorough instruction on how to locate the water filter on a Samsung refrigerator, which is applicable to several models.
Where Is The Water Filter On A Samsung Refrigerator?
It has already been explained that the position of the water filter on a Samsung refrigerator is determined by the model of refrigerator that you have. As a result, if you have been attempting to discover yours based on the settings of a different model than the one you currently use, you will be unsuccessful.
Side By Side Refrigerator
Water filters are located in the bottom drawer of a side by side refrigerator, exactly next to where fresh produce is kept on the right-hand side of the refrigerator. Check out this video for step-by-step instructions on how to replace the water filter in a Samsung Side by Side Refrigerator:
French Door Refrigerator
The water filter for this type may be found in the fresh produce section, between the crisper drawers, in the middle of the refrigerator. This video will show you step-by-step how to change the water filter in a Samsung French-door refrigerator .
Four Flex Refrigerator
The water filter in this model is positioned in the same location as the water filter in the French door model, between the crisper drawers in the fresh produce compartment. Please keep in mind that these are frequent places, not exact ones. In certain cases, the water filter can be found in the freezer compartment (in the upper right corner) or even in a drawer towards the back of the refrigerator. As is always the case, the user’s handbook will come in help if you are unsure about the location of your unit’s water filter.
Comprehensive Review of the Phiestina 33-Bottle Dual Zone Wine Cooler Comprehensive Review of the Avanti 12-Bottle Wine Cooler A Detailed Examination of the Frigidaire 8-Bottle Wine Cooler Detailed Costway 6-Bottle Wine Cooler Review |
How To Change The Water Filter On Your Samsung Refrigerator — Step-By-Step Guide
It’s time to replace your water filter now that you’re all set and ready!
Step 1: Shut Off The Water Supply
Before attempting to replace the filter, locate the water supply valve and turn it off completely.
Step 2: Remove The Old Water Filter
Once you have determined where the old filter is placed, remove it from the housing by rotating the knob in a counterclockwise (from right to left) direction and drawing out the filter as you turn. Make sure to spin the filter slowly and steadily, since rotating it may be difficult owing to the tightness of the filter, which serves to keep it securely in place. Extra pressure should be used (gently, please!) and you should proceed slowly if necessary. It may be necessary to entirely drain the water from the water dispenser to relieve the pressure in the filter housing if the process is still problematic.
Step 3: Insert The New Filter
After thoroughly removing the old water filter, replace it with a new one by using the same procedure as you did for removing it. After inserting it into the water filter housing, make sure that the replacement filter knob is turned in a clockwise manner (from left to right) to ensure that it is securely locked in place.
Step 4: Place A Reminder Sticker
Samsung water filters are packaged with date stickers to assist you in remembering when it is time to change the water filter. Calculate 6 months from now and attach the relevant sticker on the filter knob so that you can see it and remember it when the time comes.
Step 5: Turn On The Water Supply
As long as the filter is in place, you can safely switch on the water supply to your refrigerator again.
Step 6: Flush Your New Filter
Prepare your new filter by passing approximately one gallon of water through it before you begin using it for the first time. Make certain that the water is collected and disposed of. Congratulations! Your new water filter is now fully operational.
Step 7: Reset Your Water Filter Light
After the installation is complete, you must reset the filter indication on your computer. Depending on your refrigerator model, press the “Filter Reset,” “Ice Off,” or “Crushed Ice” buttons to reset the filter, ice, or crushed ice (please refer to your product manual). Holding the button for three seconds before releasing it is recommended. The color of the filter light will shift from red to its regular state. For additional information, see our page on how to reset the light on your Samsung refrigerator for more details.
Quick Recap on How to Change the Water Filter on Your Samsung Refrigerator
Knowing how to change the water filter in your Samsung refrigerator will assist you to guarantee that you always have clean, safe, and high-quality water available at all times. Before making a transaction, double-check the component number to ensure that you are purchasing the correct replacement water filter. To replace the filter in your Samsung refrigerator, first find the filter housing within the refrigerator, then turn off the water supply and remove the old filter from the refrigerator.
Take pleasure with your pure water! When it comes time to replace your water filter, this video will undoubtedly be of use in some form or another. Take a look at it!
Get Instant Help — Ask An Experienced Verified Appliance Technician
Do you require professional assistance? If you need to speak with a verified appliance technician right now, click here to use the chat box on this page. There is no need for costly in-home service visits. There are no appointments. There is no waiting.