- 1 How to Sync a Samsung Remote to a TV
- 2 About This Article
- 3 Is this article up to date?
- 4 Samsung TV Remote Not Working How To Fix
- 5 Samsung Smart TV remote not working possible problems
- 6 First check of the remoteSamsung
- 7 The remote can only turn the TV on or off
- 8 Remote control does not work and red indicator light is blinkingFixed
- 9 Some buttons on the remote control do not workFixed
- 10 The TV turns on and off by itself fixed
- 11 Remote Control Problems Fixed
- 12 The TV sometimes stops responding to the remote control fixed
- 13 Fix Other Problems with Samsung TV Remote
- 14 How To Reset Samsung Remote
- 15 Pair Samsung remote
- 16 How To Pair Samsung Remote
- 17 Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (2016-2021)
- 18 Connecting Remote toSamsungTV (2015)
- 19 Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (H-Series, 2014)
- 20 Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (E and F series, 2012-2013)
- 21 How Do I Reset my Samsung Smart Remote?
- 22 How To Repair Old Remote Control
- 23 How to Pair Samsung Smart TV Remote and Use Samsung Remote
- 24 How to Pair Samsung Smart tv Remote and Use
- 25 Turn the Remote Control
- 26 Open Down Arrow
- 27 Place Batteries
- 28 Aim IR Sensor
- 29 Press Any Button
- 30 Wait till Pairing to Complete
- 31 Press Extra and return buttons simultaneously
- 32 How to Program a Samsung TV Remote
- 33 Step 1
- 34 Step 2
- 35 Step 3
- 36 Step 4
- 37 Step 5
- 38 Samsung TV Remote Not Working
- 39 Samsung TV Remote Not Working
- 40 TV Remote Won’t Pair/Connect or Stay Paired/Connected
- 41 Samsung Remote Keeps Saying Not Available
- 42 Samsung TV Doesn’t Respond to Remote
- 43 Samsung TV Remote Won’t Change Channel or Keeps Changing Channel
- 44 Samsung TV Remote Power Button Not Working
- 45 Samsung TV Remote Sensor Not Working
- 46 Samsung TV Remote Pointer Not Working
- 47 Related Articles
- 48 TV (Samsung) Remote Control – Apps on Google Play
- 49 How to pair Samsung TV remote: What to do if Samsung remote isn’t pairing
- 50 How to connect the Samsung Smart Remote to your TV
- 51 How to fix a Samsung remote that is not pairing
- 52 What to do if the TV does not respond to the remote control
- 53 What if your remote is blinking red light
- 54 Samsung TV Remote codes for Universal Remotes
- 55 Second Method:
- 56 Samsung 4 digit remote control codes:
- 57 Remore Codes Samsung TV using Philips Remote:
- 58 Remore Codes Samsung TV using One-For-All Universal Remote:
- 59 Remore Codes Samsung TV usingGE Universal Remote
- 60 Remore Codes Samsung TV usingRCA Universal Remote
- 61 Remore Codes Samsung TV usingInnovage Jumbo Remote Samsung codes:
- 62 Remore Codes Samsung TV usingSamsung IR Codes
- 63 Are Samsung TV Remotes Universal? (Explained & Solved!)
- 64 Here’s What You Need to Know about the Compatibility of Samsung TV Remote Controls.
- 65 Can I Use Any Samsung Remote With My TV?
- 66 Does Samsung Have A Remote That Works Universally?
- 67 Do Samsung TVs Have a Remote Control App?
- 68 Can You Replace a Samsung TV Remote?
- 69 Do Samsung TV Remotes Have Voice Commands?
- 70 Can I use Alexa to Control a Samsung TV?
- 71 Can I use Google Assistant to Control a Samsung TV?
- 72 How Do I Know Which Remote My Samsung TV Needs?
- 73 How Much Does a New Samsung Remote Cost?
- 74 How Do You Pair a Samsung Remote to a Samsung TV?
- 75 How Many Remote Controls can you Pair with a Samsung TV?
- 76 Can You use a Samsung TV without the Remote Control?
- 77 What Are the Best Third-party Remote Controls for Samsung?
- 78 Final Thoughts
How to Sync a Samsung Remote to a TV
Documentation Download Documentation Download Documentation As your older Samsung remotes fail (for example, if the button icons are worn away or the buttons are too difficult to press), you’ll need to replace them. The Smart Remote includes Bluetooth technology (so you don’t have to point it at the TV’s receiver to control it) and is designed to fit comfortably in your hand, something that older remotes lack. This wikiHow will show you how to manually connect a Samsung Smart Remote to a Samsung TV using the instructions provided.
The Samsung OneRemote operates in a similar manner.
- 1Start by turning on your Samsung television. If the batteries in your Smart Remote or OneRemote are not fully charged, this will not function. They require two AA batteries, which you must put according to the instructions on the package. 2Aim the remote at your television. On most Samsung televisions, the remote control sensor is placed on the lower right side of the screen or in the middle of the screen
- 3Press and hold the Return and Play/Pausebuttons simultaneously for three seconds. There are two buttons on the keyboard: the “Return” button, which is represented by a hairpin-curved arrow, and the “Play/Pause” button, which is represented by the play and pause icons. 4 When you see a message on the TV indicating that your remote is linked, press the buttons to release them. The Samsung Smart Remote and the OneRemote may not work properly if you see an error message that reads “Not Available.” This means that your TV does not allow the usage of the Samsung Smart Remote or the OneRemote and can only be managed by the original remote.
- 1Make certain that all shipping labels have been removed from the remote control. Samsung TVs and remote controls are protected from damage during delivery when you purchase or order a new Samsung TV or remote control. You should go to the following step if you are still experiencing problems after removing all of the stickers from your television and remote control
- 2 Check to see if your remote is transmitting an infrared signal. This may be accomplished by using a video camera (your phone’s camera would do), which you should point at your remote while pressing the “POWER” button. If you notice a colorful light, this indicates that your remote is transmitting an infrared signal. If it doesn’t light up, it’s because the batteries are dead. Keep reading if your remote has batteries but is still having trouble connecting to your TV
- Otherwise, move on to the next step.
- Instead, if your remote is not a Smart Remote, you may try turning on your TV with its buttons on the back, and then controlling it by pointing your remote straight at the Samsung logo on your television set. To manually connect your remote with your TV again, if your remote is a Smart Remote, stand at least one foot away from the TV and press the “Pair” button on the remote.
- Instead, if your remote is not a Smart Remote, you may try turning on your TV with its buttons on the back, and then controlling it by pointing your remote straight at the Samsung logo on your TV set. To manually connect your remote with your TV again, if your remote is a Smart Remote, stand at least one foot away from the TV and press the “Pair” button on your remote.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleX 1. Switch on your Samsung television. 2. Aim the remote at the television. 3. Press and hold theReturn andPlay/Pausebuttons for a few seconds to begin. 4. When you see a message on the TV indicating that your remote is linked, press the buttons to release them. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 102,990 times.
Is this article up to date?
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|P||QuestionSamsung 50″ smart tv, new LEds strips now this.||Streaming VideoTVs|
|L||QuestionConnect SNES to modern Samsung SmartTV||Streaming VideoTVs|
|J||QuestionPanasonic Bluray remote stops working on Samsung Smart TV||Streaming VideoTVs|
|T||QuestionHelp with PS4 on a 2009 Samsung LCD TV||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|B||Solved!Pairing A Samsung Non-Smart Remote UN70TU7000FXZA||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|F||Solved!Blurry picture on Samsung Smart TV from DVD||Streaming VideoTVs||5|
|Solved!Samsung smart TV dns Netflix||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|P||QuestionTech gurus needed (Samsung non smart tv and external drive)||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|E||QuestionConnecting Old Home To New Samsung smart Tv||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|X||Solved!App volume problems on Samsung Smart TV with LG Soundbar||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|L||Solved!WHATS BETTER HDMI OR OPTICAL CABLE FOR MY SAMSUNG SMART TV AND LG HOME THEATER||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|A||Solved!Pairing Samsung Smart Remote with IPTV STB GX-TR500EL||Streaming VideoTVs||4|
|P||Samsung TV un60h7150afxza – wireless and cabled internet issues + remote issues||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|K||Have A Samsung smart TV. No remote.on menu it’s flashing in put. Source list av1. Can’t move it from thatg||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|M||how to use samsung smart remote on samsung smart tv (UA55MU7350S) that has no bluetooth||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|L||What universal remote do I use for my Samsung smart TV with no wifi||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|S||Samsung Smart Remote||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|T||Samsung UN65JS9000 – remote used to control volume on sony dvd / home theater receiver until update||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|A||How do i make my samsung smart tv remote work?||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|G||Samsung Unveils New ‘Smart Control’ TV Remote||Streaming VideoTVs||4|
Samsung TV Remote Not Working How To Fix
Synopsis of the pieceX Start by turning on your Samsung television set. Position the remote control in the direction of your television. Hold down theReturn andPlay/Pausebuttons for a few seconds to complete the action. After seeing a message on the TV indicating that your remote has been linked, release the buttons. Were you able to benefit from this overview? The writers of this page have collaborated to create this page, which has been read 102,990 times.
Samsung Smart TV remote not working possible problems
Unlike previous generations of televisions, modern televisions are fully functional computers in which specific programs are responsible for the operation of different television modules. Various problems with the remote control might express themselves in a variety of manners. The following are the most often encountered issues with the Smart remote control.
- Unlike previous generations of televisions, modern televisions are fully functional computers in which certain programs are responsible for the functioning of specific television modules. Various problems with the remote control might express themselves in a variety of different ways. The following are the most often encountered issues while using the Smart remote control:
Everything you need to know about the Samsung Smart Remote in one place. This remote control includes a built-in Bluetooth transmitter for hands-free operation. It is necessary to link the remote control with the television in order for the devices to function correctly. Once connected, the remote and the television will communicate with one another. Consider the following reasons why your remote may be malfunctioning and how to resolve the problem.
First check of the remoteSamsung
The Smart remote is powered by batteries, and as of 2021, premium television models will have solar-powered remotes. These remotes feature rechargeable batteries, and you can charge them through USB or they will charge themselves using the built-in solar panel on the remote. Smart remotes without solar panels have their batteries changed with fresh ones, whereas solar cell remotes have their batteries charged through the USB port of any other device they are connected to (TV or laptop).
Charge or replace the batteries if the remote control’s battery capacity is insufficient to perform its functions adequately.
The remote can only turn the TV on or off
Because the on/off button operates through an infrared signal, you must point the remote towards the television and push the on button in order to activate it. It should be noted that after the TV is turned on, the smart remote begins to function through the Bluetooth connection, and as such, if there are any difficulties with the Bluetooth connection, the smart remote will not function. But connectivity issues aren’t the only reason why the Samsung remote may be inoperable in some situations.
This is a software mistake.
The remote control only turns the TV on and off Fixed
Unless your remote control is limited to simply turning on and off the television, there are only a few feasible solutions to the problem.
- Despite the fact that they are linked, the remote control and the television are not synced. The remote control is not working properly
- The bluetooth module in the television set is not working properly
To establish the source of the problem, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Unplug the television for three to four minutes, and the electronic components of the television will be entirely de-energized. After turning on, the television will load the operating system from memory and remove any cache files that may have been stored
- Using a splitter, separate the remote from the TV and resync the remote with the TV
- I’ll show you how to accomplish this later. Replace the Smart Remote with a standard remote.
Typically, this failure arises when the remote control and the television are unable to communicate with one another in order to exchange information. Follow these steps to resolve the situation.
- Check to verify whether there is a wireless device in front of the TV, such as a WiFi soundbar, before proceeding. If the bar is located in close proximity to the television, it is possible that the Bluetooth signal will be muted. Unplug the television and restart the television
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds while the television is turned on. In the opposite situation, when the TV is turned off, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds to empty the cache memory of the television. (This varies depending on the television model.) Reconnect the remote control to the television once again
As a rule, it is a malfunction of the buttons on the remote control, which is a rather uncommon occurrence. It is important to unscrew and clean the contact pads located under the remote control buttons on the remote control receiver.
The TV turns on and off by itself fixed
Verify that Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is activated on the computer. This is a feature that allows you to operate multiple devices connected through HDMI at the same time, such as a Roku or a media player. These gadgets have the ability to instruct the television to turn on. Remove the batteries from the remote and observe whether the TV turns on on its own after you remove the batteries. If the problem persists, try resetting the television. If the television continues to switch on by itself, this shows that the television is not working properly.
Remote Control Problems Fixed
Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) should be activated, so double-check this. If you have several HDMI-connected devices, such a Roku or a player, you may use this feature to control them all at the same time. It is possible to instruct the television to switch on using one of these devices. Attempt to switch on your television without using the remote by removing the batteries from it. If the problem persists, the television should be reset. A defective television will continue to turn on by itself if this is the case.
- Disconnect the TV from the power supply and wait 30 seconds before reconnecting it. Alternatively, you might wait until the TV indication turns off. A power supply should be connected to the television. Ensure that the remote control and television are paired.
The TV sometimes stops responding to the remote control fixed
It is possible that the TV will cease responding to the remote control from time to time. Inadequate battery power might be the source of the problem. You are a long distance away from the television. The recommended distance between the remote control and the television is a maximum of 30 feet (10 meters). The real distance can be significantly shorter, as the electromagnetic field created by other electrical gadgets in the house might make the distance appear much shorter.
Fix Other Problems with Samsung TV Remote
Initial step is to inspect and replace any worn out batteries in the remote control with brand new ones. The remote control will not function correctly if the batteries are completely depleted. Most of the time, the remote control will continue to function normally, but you may notice that you must hit the button on the device two or three times before it replies.
An further telltale symptom of battery troubles is the distance problem: when power levels decline, you must move your remote control closer to your television in order for it to function.
How To Reset Samsung Remote
Initial step is to inspect and replace any worn out batteries in the remote control with new batteries. The remote control will not function correctly if the batteries are dead. Usually, the remote control does not cease working immediately, but you may notice that you have to hit the button on the device 2-3 times before it finally replies. An further telltale symptom of battery issues is the distance problem: when power levels decline, you must move your remote control closer to your television in order for it to function.
Pair Samsung remote
Because the smart remote is a Bluetooth device, you must first pair it with your television before using it. This will allow the television to recognize and respond to the smart remote. It is not difficult to connect a remote control because the process is practically same to that of pairing any other device. However, there are several measures to take in order to ensure optimal matching. When the signal intensity is strong, pairing happens. As a result, while pairing the remote control with the television, the remote control must be within close proximity to the television and the batteries in the remote control must be fully recharged.
How To Pair Samsung Remote
In the event that you have purchased a new remote control that has not yet been paired with the television, you must first couple it with the television. Most of the time, it will connect naturally, but if it does not, you will need to force-pair the device. As of 2016, you may couple the remote control with the television by pushing the two buttons on the remote control that correspond to the RETURN and PLAY/STOP buttons. Keep in mind that the remote control should be as close to the television as feasible.
The Smart remote may not be supported by your television, and you may be attempting to connect an incompatible remote, if you see a notice stating that the remote is not accessible.
Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (2016-2021)
A new remote control that has not previously been associated with a television must first be paired with the television. Normally, it is automatically paired, but if it is not, you must pair it manually. As of 2016, you may link the remote control with the television by pushing the two buttons on the remote control that correspond to the RETURN and PLAY/STOP buttons on the TV. Keep in mind that the remote control should be placed as close to the television as feasible. You will notice a notification on the TV screen stating the remote control has been successfully paired with the television if the pairing is successful.
The notice “The remote is not accessible” indicates that one of two things is happening: one, your TV does not support the Smart remote, and second, you are attempting to connect an incompatible remote. Check to see if the remote control and the television are in sync with each other.
Connecting Remote toSamsungTV (2015)
If you have a new remote control that has not yet been linked with your television, you must first couple it with the television. Normally, it is automatically paired, but if it is not, you must force-pair it. As of 2016, you may connect the remote control with the television by pushing the two buttons on the remote control that correspond to the RETURN and PLAY/STOP functions. Keep in mind that the remote control should be as close to the TV as feasible. You will notice a notification on the TV screen stating the remote control is successfully linked to the television if the pairing was successful.
Check to see if the remote control and the television are compatible.
Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (H-Series, 2014)
The H-Series varies from other versions in that it should be paired by pushing the RETURN and GUIDE buttons together for at least 3 seconds.
Pairing Remote to Samsung TV (E and F series, 2012-2013)
To connect the remote control with a Samsung TV from the 2012-2013 model year (series F and E), you must point the remote control toward the TV and hit thePAIRINGbutton. Samsung TVs from the 2012-2013 model year (series F and E). It may be found on the reverse side of the remote control unit. The RETURN and GUIDE buttons on the remote may also be used to connect the remote with your television by pushing both of them simultaneously. Samsung first introduced Smart TVs with smart remotes in 2012, therefore all previous models were devoid of this functionality.
In this instance, it is advised that you unplug the television and leave it unplugged for 1-2 minutes.
Also, remember to keep the buttons down for at least 3 seconds, since this is the amount of time required to complete the synchronization procedure between the TV and remote.
If there is a problem with the remote control, this does not necessarily imply that you must pair it with the device once again.
How Do I Reset my Samsung Smart Remote?
‘How can I reset my Samsung remote?’ is a question that several people have asked. There is a straightforward solution: just like any other Bluetooth device, there is no need to reset Samsung Smart Remote; instead, you can just couple it with your device once again if necessary. Attention! If there are any issues with the remote control, this does not necessarily imply that it has to be re-paired. First and foremost, you must inspect and replace the batteries in the remote control.
How To Replace Batteries in Samsung TV Smart Remote Control
When it comes to replacing the batteries, you must first remove the battery cover, then remove the old batteries and replace them with the new ones.
Also, pay attention to the polarity of the batteries; in most cases, there will be information on how to put the batteries within the battery compartment. The polarities are represented by the + and – signs.
How To Repair Old Remote Control
The buttons you should press in order to link your smart remote with your television were outlined above for each of the smart remotes. All remote controls manufactured prior to 2012 are not intelligent, and as a result, they frequently stop operating due to low batteries. All you can do is replace them with new ones. If it doesn’t work, it’s likely that your remote is just damaged, and you’ll need to get a replacement. The image below illustrates the many types of smart remote controls available, as well as the buttons that must be held down in order to link your remote control with your television.
How to Pair Samsung Smart TV Remote and Use Samsung Remote
If you wish to use your Samsung smart television, you must first couple your remote control with your Samsung smart television. This smart remote control makes it possible to browse around smart tv without exerting any effort, ensuring that you have a wonderful time at the end of the day. It is preferable to turn on your television and set the remote control within a foot of the television before conducting the pairing function. As a result, in this post, we’ll walk you through the process of pairing your Samsung smart TV with your smart remote control.
How to Pair Samsung Smart tv Remote and Use
For your Samsung smart television to function properly, you must first couple your remote with the television. You will have a pleasant time at the end of the day because of this clever remote control because it allows us to browse via smart television without exerting any effort. It is preferable to turn on your television and position the remote control within a foot of the television before conducting the pairing feature. As a result, in this post, we’ll walk you through the process of pairing your Samsung smart TV with your smart remote controller.
Turn the Remote Control
To begin, take your remote control and turn it to the rear side of the room. You’ll note that the rear of the remote control has been left exposed.
Open Down Arrow
When looking at the back of the remote control, you will see a down arrow that is situated at the bottom of the remote control. You will need to do this in order to access the back of the remote control.
Insert two batteries into the remote control’s battery compartment once it has been opened from the back side. This will assist you in turning the remote. Also, check out: 1)Is your Samsung Smart TV remote not working? Here’s how to fix it. 2)How to Resolve the Samsung Smart tv App Store Display Problem 3)Samsung Smart TV with a Black Screen and Sound System 4)How to Resolve the LG Magic Remote Not Working Issue (Optional) How to Resolve Westinghouse Smart TV Remote Not Responding
Aim IR Sensor
Using your remote control, position it in the general direction of your television at a distance of 12 inches from the screen. If your remote control is being used for the first time, attempt to couple it with your television immediately.
Press Any Button
In order to get the best results, you should place your remote control 12 inches away from your television’s display.
Assuming your remote control is working properly, try pairing your television with the remote.
Wait till Pairing to Complete
Now, wait for the pairing procedure to complete. Once the pairing process is complete, your remote will be available to be used immediately. If a successful pairing cannot be achieved, manual operations should be carried out instead.
Keep pressing and holding the return and additional buttons simultaneously for at least 3 seconds to complete the task. Following that, the pairing-related information appears in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, as seen below. Following the instructions outlined above, you should have no trouble pairing your smart remote control with your Samsung smart tv. This improves your overall experience and allows you to have the greatest operating and navigation experience possible within the channels.
If your Samsung smart tv remote does not function properly, even after pairing your remote, you need refer to this samsung smart tv remote does not function properly troubleshooting guide for assistance.
How to Program a Samsung TV Remote
The following image is courtesy of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media. It is one of the most convenient gadgets in the house to have a remote control. Samsung TV remotes can get out of sync if the wrong buttons are unintentionally pressed, resulting in the remote being deprogrammed from the television. It is not possible to operate the television using the remote control if the remote is out of sync with it. It may be necessary to reconfigure your Samsung TV remote control in order to bring it back into sync with the television.
In the case of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media Turn off the television for which you are programming the remote control. It is necessary to switch off the television in order for the synchronizing procedure to be finished. Despite the fact that it is switched off, the TV continues to receive the signal from the remote control.
The following image is courtesy of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media. Press the “TV” button on the remote control all the way down. In order for the remote to recognize that it is pairing with a television, it must be told that it is pairing with a television before it can send out the proper signal during the synchronizing process.
The following image is courtesy of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media. To set the remote control, push down on the tiny indentation “Set” button at the bottom of the remote control with a paper clip, tooth pick, or any other thing with a thin point.
The following image is courtesy of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media. To locate the code for your television, go to the resource area and click on the link. On the remote’s number pad, enter the three-digit code that was provided. If the first code does not work, try the next one in the list until you find one that does work.
In the case of IAdrián González de la Pea/Demand Media To turn on the computer, press the “Power” button on the remote.
This indicates that the code was successful; otherwise, repeat steps 2 through 5 until the TV is turned on by the remote control, whichever comes first. ReferencesTips
- Clear a path between the remote and the television so that nothing interferes with the TV’s ability to receive the signal from the remote.
Bio of the AuthorJason Cooley began writing in 2005 while operating his own personal training firm, mostly for the purpose of creating advertising copy and business contracts. Since then, he has worked as a writer for companies such as Oral B and On Top of My Diabetes.
Samsung TV Remote Not Working
This technology has completely transformed the way people watch television, allowing them to manage their televisions from the comfort of their favorite chair without ever having to leave their seat. Suppose your Samsung TV remote ceases to function properly. What should you do in this situation? Make sure that no new batteries are required and that any replacement batteries are of excellent quality before proceeding. You may also try a few different types of power resets or even reset the TV or the remote to see if it fixes the problem.
When you own a Samsung television, the remote control that comes with the television is your shortcut to being able to manage your television with ease.
Samsung TV Remote Not Working
When it comes to distant concerns, there are two types of challenges to consider: general issues and more particular ones. The following steps should be followed if you are experiencing a more general remote control issue with your Samsung television. Before proceeding to more thorough troubleshooting procedures, you should attempt the following first. For this reason, if you require a general remedy for your remote control, have a look at the section below for a few simple ways to bring it back into working condition.
It is also critical to use high-quality batteries in your remote control, since low-quality batteries may not be able to produce enough power to transmit a signal.
It is also critical to confirm that the batteries have been correctly installed in the remote control, with the negative and positive sides of the battery corresponding to the negative and positive sides of the inserts within the remote control.
TV Remote Won’t Pair/Connect or Stay Paired/Connected
When you initially purchase a Samsung television, a remote control will be included with the model to allow you to manage your television with relative simplicity. Once you’ve located the remote, you’ll normally need to pair or link it with the television in order for the remote to be able to detect the device and, as a result, function in conjunction with it. What should you do if your new Samsung TV or remote won’t connect or won’t stay linked once the pairing procedure is complete, whether you have a new TV or are trying to pair a new Samsung remote?
This may be accomplished by pointing your remote control sensor at the remote control sensor on your television, pressing and holding down the Return/Play/Pause buttons for three seconds, and your remote will begin to pair with your TV’s remote.
To do so, navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu.
‘Support’ ‘Software Update’, ‘Update Now,’ and then fresh updates will show and begin to download on their own initiative. Once the update has been downloaded, it will need to be installed, so give yourself plenty of time to ensure that it is completed without interruption.
Samsung Remote Keeps Saying Not Available
When you attempt to connect your Samsung remote with your television, you will go through the pairing procedure that was previously described, and you should be greeted with a successful pairing after the process is complete. When you correctly connect your remote control, you may receive a notice stating that the remote is not available. What may be the source of the problem, and how can you resolve it, is unknown. To get rid of the ‘Not Available’ warning on your television, follow the instructions below.
Once this is accomplished, switch on the television and press the ‘Return’ and ‘Play/Pause’ buttons on the remote control at the same time as the television is re-started.
Your Samsung TV’s screen should display the words ‘Pairing Complete’ when you have successfully finished the pairing procedure.
Samsung TV Doesn’t Respond to Remote
When using your Samsung TV remote, you may notice that with each button you press, the signal indication on the bottom of the TV or, if you have an earlier version of the remote, the signal indicator on the remote itself changes. This is normal. If the light changes, it means that your television has received a signal from your remote control, and as a result, your television will do the action that you have asked. Continue reading if you have a Samsung television that is not responding to the remote control.
If you’ve tried everything, including replacing the batteries, and the remote is still not functioning, there might be a signal problem.
This is normally found in the bottom left or right-hand corner of the television, and if anything is placed in front of it, your remote will behave as if it is not operable.
Samsung TV Remote Won’t Change Channel or Keeps Changing Channel
For those of you who own a Samsung remote control, one of the most useful features of the remote is its ability to switch from one channel to another without having to utilize the buttons on your television to do that task. In the event that you are using your remote and discover that it will not change the channel, or even worse, that the channels continue to change without your intervention, you may be asking how to repair the problem. Take a look at the section below to discover the solution.
In order to accomplish this, disconnect the television from its power source and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
If this does not solve the problem and your remote continues to change stations on its own, check to see if any buttons on the remote have become stuck.
Also, check to see that your remote does not contain any sticky substances that might cause the buttons to become jammed. Using a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, wipe the area around each button on your remote control.
Samsung TV Remote Power Button Not Working
For those of you who own a Samsung remote control, one of the most useful features of the remote is its ability to go from one channel to another without having to utilize the buttons on your television to accomplish the task. In the event that you are using your remote and discover that it will not change the channel, or even worse, that the channels keep changing without any activity on your part, you may be asking how to address the situation. For assistance, see the section below. A reset of your Samsung TV may be necessary if your TV’s remote won’t change channels or if the channels are constantly changing on your TV.
This will cause the TV to be reset, which may aid with the connection of the remote control to the television.
Check each button one by one to ensure that they can all be pressed down and returned to their original position with ease.
Using a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, wipe the areas around each button on your remote control.
Samsung TV Remote Sensor Not Working
The sensor on your Samsung remote control is what connects your remote control’s capacity to operate your television to the rest of the system. If the sensor does not function, you will not be able to control your television from this device, which may be quite aggravating if the sensor suddenly stops working at the worst possible moment. If you discover that the sensor on your remote is not functioning properly, please see the section below for some troubleshooting options to get things back to operating properly.
Unplug your television straight from the power socket and press and hold the power button, which is located on the TV itself, for 30 seconds to complete the procedure.
After doing this power reset, if you are still experiencing difficulties with the sensor on your remote not working, check to see if there are any electrical gadgets or lights in the vicinity of your TV that are currently switched on.
If you answered “yes,” you should either relocate the objects or switch them off to avoid any form of signal interference from the gadgets in question.
Samsung TV Remote Pointer Not Working
The frustration that comes with sitting down to watch one of your favorite movies only to discover that the pointer on your remote control is not working is understandable. In order for the remote to function effectively, the pointer on the remote must be in proper working condition in order for the remote to transmit signals to and from your television directly. What should you do if you are attempting to switch on or change the station on your television with your remote control and the pointer is not working?
If the signal from your remote is not picked up by the TV, try moving closer to the TV.
Attempt to remedy the problem by replacing the batteries with high-quality ones.
This is accomplished by removing the batteries from the remote and pressing and holding the power button for 8 seconds.
Once those 8 seconds have elapsed, remove the button, replace the batteries, and test to see whether the pointer on the remote control functions properly. Please be certain that you are replacing the batteries with high-capacity ones that will enable for a strong signal to be received.
Is it possible to install the Peacock App on my Samsung TV? The Samsung TV’s Roku does not function. Samsung TV with Xfinity Service Not Working DIRECTV is not working on my Samsung TV. Google Home is not working on Samsung TVs.
TV (Samsung) Remote Control – Apps on Google Play
It is possible to operate your Samsung TV from your smartphone with the “TV (Samsung) Remote Control” app, which works via a local network and/or with infrared (IR) (if your android has infrared port). There are two alternatives available to you: WiFi, WiFi Direct, and LAN are all supported as IP-based network controls. Models C, D, E, F, K, and M (2016 and after) are compatible, while models H and F are not. – Make certain that the television you intend to use is switched on. Maintain the same home network connection between your mobile device and your television.
– It is also possible to manually input the IP address of the television.
If a TV was located, but you did not accept the confirmation message on your TV (“accept device”), you must modify your option by navigating to: or with older TV models, or • You may deactivate the TV’s (“accept device”) screen by going to, for example, and adjusting the setting to “First Time Only.” – If a PIN number is asked on your TV screen, we’re sorry, but this app will not function with your television: (Option 1: Infrared (IR) control – This option works on phones and tablets that have an integrated IR blaster, such as the Samsung Galaxy S, HTC ONE, LG G3/G4/5, Xiaomi Mi / Redmi / Note, Huawei Mate / Honor, and others.
- – This method has been tested with Samsung TV F and M models, but it is likely to work with other Samsung Smart TV’s built in 2005 or later (if it does, then let us now and give feedback).
- The typical operating range is 4-10ft (1-3 meters, with a maximum of about 5 meters).
- The objective of this program is not to replace the original TV remote control, but rather to be useful in an emergency circumstance (original remote is lost, empty batteries etc).
- If this app does not function with your phone or television, please contact me through e-mail (your exact TV and phone model).
- Disclaimer/Trademarks: Neither Samsung Group nor any of its subsidiaries are involved with or support this application.
- Guarantees:This program is given by the author ‘as is,’ and the author expressly disclaims all explicit or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose.
How to pair Samsung TV remote: What to do if Samsung remote isn’t pairing
With the “TV (Samsung) Remote Operate” software, you may use your smartphone to control your Samsung TV through a local network and/or with infrared (IR) remote control technology (if your android has infrared port). The following are your choices: WiFi, WiFi Direct, and LAN are all supported as IP-based networks. This model is compatible with the following models: C-D-E-F-K-M (2016+), but not with the models H-F. Inspect the TV you intend to use to ensure that it has been switched on. Maintain the same home network connection between your mobile device and television.
- – Manually entering the IP address of the TV is also an option.
- If a TV was located, but you did not accept the confirmation message on your TV (“accept device”), you must update your option by going to: or with older TV models, or.
- – We’re sorry, but this app will not operate with this TV if a PIN number is asked on the screen of your television.
- – You must make sure the IR blaster on your phone is pointing straight towards the television.
- The objective of this software is not to replace the original TV remote, but rather to be useful in emergency scenarios when the original remote is unavailable (original remote is lost, empty batteries etc).
- You can contact me via e-mail if this software does not function with your phone or TV (your exact TV and phone model).
- Disclaimer/Trademarks: Neither Samsung Group nor any of its subsidiaries are connected with or support this app.
- Guarantees:This program is given by the author ‘as is,’ and the author expressly disclaims all explicit or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a specific purpose.
How to connect the Samsung Smart Remote to your TV
Obviously, the first question that everyone has is how to connect the remote control to the Samsung television. Samsung has issued a very precise directive in this regard.
- You must direct your remote control toward the sensor on your television. For the most part, this sensor will be situated in either the lower right hand corner of the TV or towards its center. After that, hit Return and Play/Pause for three seconds. If all goes well, the TV will recognize your remote and provide an indication that they have been connected
- Otherwise, they will not be connected.
How to fix a Samsung remote that is not pairing
You must direct your remote control at the sensor on your television. For the most part, this sensor will be positioned in either the lower right hand corner of the TV or towards its centre. After that, hit Return and Play/Pause for three seconds. If all goes well, the TV will recognize your remote and provide an indication that they have been connected; otherwise, nothing happens.
- To begin, you must first remove the batteries from the device. New ones should be prepared. As long as there are no batteries in the device, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Press and hold the power button until it is released. Replace the batteries with a fresh set. To reconnect, hold down the Play/Pause and Return buttons at the same time.
What to do if the TV does not respond to the remote control
It is possible that the problem is not with the remote control, but with the television itself; there are numerous of the most typical malfunctions. I’ll explain you how to fix them yourself in the section below.
Restart your TV
It is possible that the problem is not only with the remote control, but also with the television itself; there are numerous of the most typical failures that might occur. I’ll explain how to repair them in the section below.
- Turn off your television
- Unplug your television
- Wait 30 seconds
- Reconnect the television to the mains power supply
- Attempt to turn the television back on with the remote control.
Do a digital camera test
This method will allow you to determine whether or not the sensor on your remote control is operational:
- Position the remote control near the lens of your camera
- Any button on the remote control should be pressed. To ensure that the remote is functioning properly, the infrared sensor should glow on the camera.
This will allow you to determine whether or not your remote control is functioning properly or whether the problem is with the sensor on your television. If your remote control does not respond to this technique of testing, it is likely that it will need to be replaced entirely.
Whenever your remote ceases to function and begins to flash red, you can attempt a variety of methods to resolve the problem, including reloading your TV using the technique described above or reconnecting your TV to your remote. If it is still not working, you will need to reset it to factory settings. To do this, begin by removing the batteries from the device. To turn on your computer, hold down the power button for 8 seconds. Replace the batteries and operate the device with the remote control.
Samsung TV Remote codes for Universal Remotes
Detailed instructions on how to program Samsung remote codes for your television, DVD player, and Blu-ray player. Make advantage of the Samsung television codes given below to operate your television with any universal remote. Navigate to the Remote Codes Section.
3, 45 Digit Universal Remote Control Codes For Samsung TVs
- Check to see that the DTA is operational and that it has been correctly installed. Make certain that your remote can see the front of the Adapter throughout the setup process. If you’re using the remote control for your Adapter, press and hold the PROG button for several seconds until the LED on your remote goes on, then click the INFO button. The LED on the remote will begin to blink gently to indicate that it is now in pairing mode
- However, this will not last long. With the keys on your remote, enter the three-digit number that displays on your television screen
- If the numbers are entered properly, your television will display the word “Success.” Your television will display a message if the numbers are not entered correctly. Please accept my apologies for the error in the entry
- You can try again by entering the code that has been displayed.
- For a few seconds, press and hold the “PROG” button. You’ll notice a steady red glow on your screen. Release the “PROG” button and then hit the “TV” key once alone, without holding it down. Enter the Samsung TV code 0101 and try again using the Samsung 4 digit and 5 digit remote code list provided below
- After the proper code has been entered, the LED light will turn off.
Samsung 4 digit remote control codes:
The numbers are: 0019; 0618; 0644; 00560060; 0587; 0037; 01780030; 0556; 0009; 07020774; 0093; 04480747; 0482; 03700264; 0329; 0090; 00320216; 0290; 0154; 01500092; 0072; 0179; 02080519; 0156; 0163; 06250226; 0812; 0817; 08
Remore Codes Samsung TV using Philips Remote:
0112, 0309, 0209, 05120302, 0502, 0002, 01020110, 0818, 0895, 04370802, 0103, 0609, 0012, 0212, 05120302, 0502, 0002, 01020110, 0818, 0895, 04370802
Remore Codes Samsung TV using One-For-All Universal Remote:
0587, 0178, 0093, 0060, 0030, 0019, 0056, 0587, 0178, 0093, 0060, 0030, 0019, 0056
Remore Codes Samsung TV usingGE Universal Remote
0105, 007, 70076, 01090007, 0009, 0004, 00050085, 0172, 0942, 03580012, 0015, 0080, 0104, 0106, 01090007, 0009, 0004, 00050085, 0172, 0942, 03580012, 0015, 0080, 0104, 0106
Remore Codes Samsung TV usingRCA Universal Remote
4 digit codes for Samsung televisions are as follows: 1004, 1008, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1025, 1046,1056,1065, 1069, 1078,1083; 1102, 1103, 1104,1123, 1124; 1194; 1205, 1207.
Samsung TV 5 digit codes: 10812, 10054, 10060, 1070210178, 10030, 10056, 1065010766, 10814, 11060, 1070210178, 10030, 10056, 1065010766, 10814, 11060, 1070210178, 10030, 10056, 1065010766, 10814, 11060
Remore Codes Samsung TV usingInnovage Jumbo Remote Samsung codes:
4 digit codes for Samsung televisions are as follows: 1004, 1008, 1012, 1013, 1014, 1015, 1025, 1046,1056,1065, 1069, 1078,1083; 1102, 1103, 1104,1123, 1124; 1194; 1205. 10030, 10056, 1065010766 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes), 10812 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes), 11060 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes), 1070210178 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes), 10814 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes), 1070210178 (Samsung TV 5 digit codes).
Remore Codes Samsung TV usingSamsung IR Codes
1181; 1561; 1661; 2141; 2391; 2401; 2551; 3811; 3821; 3831; 3861; 3881; 3911; 3921; 4091; 4101; 4111; 4121; 4831; 4841; 5191; 5201; 0051; 0161; 0181; 0261; 0301; 1181; 1561; 1661; 2141; 2391; 2401; 2551; 2791; 3211; 3601; 36 (3211 work for Plasma and Led TV)
Are Samsung TV Remotes Universal? (Explained & Solved!)
It’s likely that the remote control for your Samsung television has been dropped, sat on, or even poured on while you’re binge-watching. One day it just stops working. It’s a nightmare. You recall that you have a remote control for an earlier Samsung television and wonder if it would function with your new television. Are Samsung television remote controls universal?
Here’s What You Need to Know about the Compatibility of Samsung TV Remote Controls.
The remote controllers for Samsung televisions are not universal, and they are not interchangeable with other brands of televisions. You may, however, purchase a replacement remote, a universal remote, or a remote control software for your smart device to replace your broken remote.
Can I Use Any Samsung Remote With My TV?
While you may use the majority of universal remote controls with your Samsung TV, a Samsung remote will not function with a different Samsung television. Some Samsung remote control apps are available for download for your smartphone, which you may use in the event that your Samsung remote control stops working.
Does Samsung Have A Remote That Works Universally?
In the case of Samsung, there is no global remote control. A remote control for your television may be purchased from the Samsung Parts shop if you need to replace your existing remote control. A replacement for your TV may be found by entering the model number of your current television. They have a variety of models.
Do Samsung TVs Have a Remote Control App?
In addition, Samsung offers a Smart Things remote control app, which can be obtained from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. In addition, according to the Samsung TV’s support website, you may utilize third-party apps with your television. Peel and Sure are two well-known applications that are compatible with Samsung and are available for both Android and iOS devices.
Can You Replace a Samsung TV Remote?
A replacement remote control is available for purchase at the Samsung Parts shop. If you are unable to locate a straight replacement, you may be able to utilize universal remote controllers. The Smart Things App, available for both Android and iOS, may be used to quickly replace the remote control.
Do Samsung TV Remotes Have Voice Commands?
Voice commands are not available on all Samsung TV remotes. If your remote control includes voice command capabilities, there will be a specific button on the remote control to enable voice command functionality.
Without it, your remote control will not be able to recognize voice commands without the assistance of a third-party device, such as a Chromecast or an Alexa speaker.
Can I use Alexa to Control a Samsung TV?
Not all Samsung televisions can be managed through the use of Alexa. Alexa compatibility is required in order for your TV to be able to interact with Amazon’s smart home system.
Can I use Google Assistant to Control a Samsung TV?
Using Google Assistant to manage your Samsung TV is possible if your TV is equipped with either Google Chromecast or Google Assistant built-in. If your TV does not have this capability, you can also connect a Chromecast to it, but the functionality will be limited when it comes to voice command functionality.
How Do I Know Which Remote My Samsung TV Needs?
Check Samsung Parts and enter your TV’s model number to find the precise remote control you need for your TV if you want an immediate replacement for your lost or broken remote control. However, if you are not concerned with the replacement, a universal remote control may be a better option for you.
How Much Does a New Samsung Remote Cost?
A straight replacement from the Samsung Parts Shop will cost around $65 USD. You can acquire a universal remote control for as little as $20 on the internet.
How Do You Pair a Samsung Remote to a Samsung TV?
Following are the steps to take if you need to replace your remote control with a new one.
- Make sure you point the new Remote towards the TV’s remote control sensor. In most televisions, the remote control sensor is situated in the bottom right corner or in the lower center portion of the front panel of the television. Then, for at least three seconds, simultaneously press and hold the Return and Play buttons on your keyboard. Your TV should begin to pair with your new remote as soon as possible. A notification will then show on the television, indicating that the remote has been successfully linked with the television.
How Many Remote Controls can you Pair with a Samsung TV?
Set your TV’s remote control sensor to be in line with your new remote control device. In most televisions, the remote control sensor is situated in the bottom right corner or in the lower center portion of the front panel of the TV. Then, for at least three seconds, simultaneously push and hold the Return and Play buttons on your remote. As soon as you receive your new remote, your television should begin to pair. There will next be an announcement on the television screen indicating that the remote has been successfully linked with the television.
Can You use a Samsung TV without the Remote Control?
You can use a Samsung TV without the use of a remote control, but there will be several limits. You will most likely be restricted to the most fundamental features, including as channel switching, volume control, and power functions.
What Are the Best Third-party Remote Controls for Samsung?
You can use a Samsung TV without the use of a remote control, but there will be several limits. Most likely, you will only be able to do the most fundamental operations, such as channel switching, volume control, and power.
Coolux Universal Remote Control system.
The Coolux is also one of the most reasonably priced third-party remotes on the market. This third-party remote control allows you to accomplish more with less effort. It includes hotkeys for your streaming applications so that you don’t have to search for them every time you want to watch anything.
Logitech Harmony Companion
In addition, the Coolux is one of the most reasonably priced third-party remotes on the market today. This third-party remote control allows you to accomplish more without the trouble of using a traditional remote controller. With it, you won’t have to search for your streaming applications every time you want to watch something.
- It comes with a hub, a remote control, and an app to help you get the best performance. If this isn’t enough for you, there’s also the Logitech Harmony Express, which includes a smart home hub that you can program with Alexa
- And the Logitech Harmony Plus, which includes a smart home hub that you can program with Alexa. Please keep in mind that Logitech has stated that this remote will be phased out, so you should get one while you can.
If there were a successor to the Logitech Harmony, it would be the SofaBaton U1 universal remote control, which is now on the market.
- The unique features available on this remote control are a fantastic feature to have. Hotkeys for certain instructions may be assigned to specific keys on the keyboard
- The smartphone app allows you to simply link and control up to 15 devices, including cable TV boxes and even RGB LED lights in your home
Although Samsung TV remote controls are not universal, its televisions offer the broadest compatibility when it comes to Universal Remote Controls, according to the company. As a result, if you need a replacement, you may either get the precise model for your TV from Samsung, or you can purchase universal remote controls from a third party, which are far less expensive than the Samsung model. If you need anything done quickly, the smartphone app should be sufficient. Have you had a different issue with your Samsung?
Sources: Replacement remote control for your Samsung television may be found here.
Concerns Regarding Voice Recognition Connect the Samsung Smart Remote to your TV using the included cable. Was this article of assistance? Was the information you received incorrect, or was anything missing? We’d love to hear your opinions on the matter! (PS: We read every piece of feedback.)