- 1 How to Lock Your Android Apps Before Sharing Your Device With a Friend
- 2 How to Lock Apps on Android With Screen Pinning
- 3 Lock Apps on Android With the Samsung Secure Folder
- 4 How to Lock Apps on Android With Mobile Applications
- 5 How to Set a Password for Apps With Norton App Lock on Android
- 6 Learn how to passcode protect individual Android apps
- 7 How to put a password on individual apps
- 8 Tech news that matters to you, daily
- 9 Other Android security features to use
- 10 What about locking apps on iPhone?
- 11 How To Lock Android Apps On Samsung Smartphones?
- 12 How to lock individual apps on your smartphone
- 13 Use the Built-in App Lock feature
- 14 Use a launcher that supports App Lock
- 15 Running stock Android? Download an App Lock app from the Google Play Store
- 16 Conclusion
- 17 Samsung Galaxy S10: How to Lock and Hide Apps Using Secure Folder
- 18 Lock Apps Using Secure Folder on Galaxy S10
- 19 How to Lock Apps on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10e, S9 (Plus), S8 (Plus)
- 20 How to Use App Lock in Samsung S10 Plus and S10
- 21 Samsung App Lock: How To Use Secure Folder [Step-by-Step Guide]
- 22 Does Samsung have a built-in app locker?
- 23 How to lock using Secure Folder
- 24 How to lock using a third-party application
- 25 Does S Secure work?
- 26 AppLock – Apps on Google Play
- 27 Samsung Galaxy A71 5G (SM-A716U) – Secure Folder
- 28 Set up Secure Folder
- 29 Access Secure Folder
- 30 Add apps to Secure Folder
- 31 Use Secure Folder
- 32 Hide Secure Folder
- 33 How To Lock Apps On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
- 34 Lock Android Tablet to One App
- 35 Samsung Smart Doorlock.
- 36 Ratings and Reviews
- 37 Information
- 38 Supports
How to Lock Your Android Apps Before Sharing Your Device With a Friend
- Screen pinning may be enabled on Android 10/9 by going to SettingsBiometrics and security. Other security configurations Pin windows with advanced features
- Pinning the screen in Android 8 and 7 is done through the settings menu, under “Lock screen and security.” Other security configurations Pin windows in place
- If you want to lock down your Android applications, you may do it using third-party programs such as Samsung Secure Folder, AppLock, and Norton App Lock.
There are three distinct methods for locking applications on an Android smartphone, which are explained in this article. Instructions apply to Android versions 10 (Pie), 9 (Oreo), and 7 (Lollipop) (Nougat).
How to Lock Apps on Android With Screen Pinning
Screen pinning prevents an app from being accessed while it is open. When you try to dismiss it or access the home screen, you will be prompted to enter the lock screen security input. To find out what version of Android is currently installed on your smartphone, click toSettings >About PhoneSoftware Information > Android Version.
For Android 10 and Android 9.0 Pie
In open view, pinning a screen keeps an app locked. In the event that you attempt to close it or access the home screen, the lock screen security input is triggered. SelectAbout PhoneSoftware Information from the Settings menu to find out what version of Android is installed on your smartphone.
- OpenSettingsand chooseSecurityorBiometrics and security from the drop-down menu. Other security configurations
- Continue to the bottom of the page until you reach Advanced. Toggle the switch next to Pin windows on or off. To enable screen pinning, toggle theScreen pinningtoggle switch to the on position. In order to get the most out of screen pinning and guest accounts, you should create a secure lock screen pin, password, or pattern in advance. Make the selectionAsk for a PIN before unpinning in order to enable it for additional security
- To pin an app icon, first choose theOverviewicon (the square at the bottom of the screen), then press the app icon you want to save. If your phone does not have an Overview button, you will need to swipe up to locate the app you want to pin and press its icon at the top of the screen
- If your phone does not have an Overview button, you will need to swipe up to find the app you want to pin and tap its icon at the top of the screen
- SelectPin this application to your home screen. It is possible that you will receive a Turn on Pin notice. Continue by selectingOK. To unpin the app, press and hold the Back and Overview buttons at the same time. Some Android phones need you to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously in order to unpin
- Unpinning the screen requires you to enter your pin, pattern, password, or biometric security option. The app has been unpinned.
For Android 8.0 Oreo and 7.0 Nougat
You may need to follow a slightly different set of instructions if you are running an earlier version of Android. On some Android 7.0 phones, you can bypass steps 1 and 2 by going to SettingsSecurityScreen pinning and pinning the screen.
- Navigate toSettings and then toLock screen and security. Other security options might be used. SelectPin windows are those that have been selected. On some Android 7.0 phones, you’ll need to go to SettingsSecurityScreen pinning to enable screen pinning. To enable screen pinning, turn on the toggle switch. To enable it, select theUse screen lock type to unpintoggle switch option from the drop-down menu. Among the options available on some phones running Android 7.0 is one that is titled “Ask for unlock pattern before unpin.” SelectOverview, then move your cursor over the program window you wish to bring to the front of the screen
- Select thethumbtackin the lower-right corner of the screen, and then hit the Start button. Some phones running Android 7.0 need you to pressGOT IT after tapping the tack. To unpin the window, choose and hold the Back and Overviewicons at the same time. On some phones running Android 7.0, all you have to do to unpin is press and hold the Backbutton. Unpinning the app requires you to enter your pattern, pin, password, or scan your biometric security option.
Lock Apps on Android With the Samsung Secure Folder
Start by going toSettings and selecting Lock screen and security. Other security options might be used. Pinning windows with the SelectPin command Depending on your phone’s Android version, you may be prompted to go into Settings Security Screen Pinning; for certain phones, this is not necessary. To enable screen pinning, choose the toggle switch. To activate it, select theUse screen lock type to unpintoggle switch option from the drop-down menu. Among the options available on some phones running Android 7.0 is one that says “Ask for unlock pattern before unpin.” When you selectOverview, you should then hover your cursor over the app window that you wish to bring to the front.
Following the tack, on some phones running Android 7.0, you may pressGOT IT.
You may simply need to press and hold the Backbutton on some phones running Android 7.0 in order to unpin the phone.
- SelectSettings, then Biometrics and security from the drop-down menu. Secure Folder should be selected. Then, if requested, sign into your Samsung account by tappingAgree on the splash screen. Choose a lock type from the drop-down menu. Continue by entering your choices and verifying it
- Alternatively, you can choosePattern, Pin, or Password (or a biometric option, if applicable). TapAdd applications after selectingSecure Folder from the app drawer
- Then tapSave. Select the applications you want to include in Secure Folder from the drop-down menu, then tapAdd. Lock and exitcan be found at the upper-right area of the screen. A short notification displays, indicating that the Secure Folder has been locked for the time being. When you attempt to enter Secure Folder, the lock type you selected earlier is shown
- You may either enter your security pattern, pin, or password, or you can scan your biometric security option. The app has been unpinned.
How to Lock Apps on Android With Mobile Applications
For a comparable solution, go to Google Play and download AppLock, which will allow you to lock your applications and secure your assets. To lock or safeguard your device’s content, most applications require only a few permissions and system privileges, such as the ability to show above other programs and the ability to use accessibility features.
How to Set a Password for Apps With Norton App Lock on Android
A valuable solution for securing programs and confidential information kept on your smartphone, Norton App Lock from Symantec is available for purchase. Norton App Lock is a free app that can be downloaded and used on Android devices running version 4.1 and higher. You have the option of restricting access to all apps or selecting individual apps to lock:
- To return to the previous screen, use the back button. SelectInstalled services from the Setup menu. Choose Norton App Lock Service from the drop-down menu. Flip theOffswitch to the off position. Tap theAllow button, then the Backarrow button. You should make sure that Norton App Lock Services is turned on. TapBacktwice
- Draw an unlock pattern or tapSwitch to Passcode, then type in a password to unlock the computer. If you want to double-check your unlock pattern, you may tapReset to start over. Choose Google Account from the drop-down menu. You must first pick the Google account you intend to use for password changing and then click OK. SelectContinue
- Choose the yellow lockicon in the upper-right corner, then select the lock icon next to the applications that you want to password secure in the list that appears. To enable or disable the app lock, choose the yellow lock icon whenever you wish to do so. It is just the passcode you established before that will give access to your applications once they have been locked.
- Accept the permission request when requested
- Allow display to take precedence over other applications. switch with a toggle function Return to the previous screen by using the Back button. SelectInstalled services from the Setup menu by tapping the Setup button. App Lock Service (Norton) should be chosen. TheOffswitch must be toggled. Tap theAllow button, then the Backarrow button to confirm your decision. If you have Norton App Lock Services turned on, you should test if it is working. TapBacktwice
- Draw an unlock pattern or tapSwitch to Passcode, then type in a password to unlock the computer
- Alternatively, you may tapReset to start over with your unlock pattern. Google Account can be selected. You must first pick the Google account you want to use for password changing and then click OK. SelectContinue
- Choose the yellow lockicon in the upper-right corner, then select the lock icon next to the applications that you want to password secure from being accessed by others. When you wish to enable or disable the app lock, simply choose the yellow lock icon on your screen. It is just the passcode you established before that will allow access to your applications once they have been locked.
Thank you for informing us about this!
Learn how to passcode protect individual Android apps
You most likely have some form of security lock on your phone to keep it safe and secure. If you don’t already have one, you should obtain one. To find out which lock is the best secure for your smartphone, go to this page. But what about your mobile applications? Although it may seem superfluous to secure them when your phone is already locked, doing so adds an additional layer of safety from snoops and thieves to your smartphone. Individual app passwords can be used to safeguard sensitive information stored in banking or other personal applications.
Individual applications on Android devices may be locked in a variety of ways to help safeguard your privacy while also keeping you busy. Let’s start with how to keep your applications safe.
How to put a password on individual apps
The key to shutting down specific apps in Android is to use other apps as a decoy. Several third-party app-locking applications are available for download from the Google Play Store, and they may be used to generate passcodes or patterns that must be entered in order to get access to a certain app.
Tech news that matters to you, daily
Privacy, security, the newest trends, and the information you need to live your best digital life are all important considerations. AppLock is the most highly recommended locking application for this purpose. On the Google Play Store, there are a few applications with the name AppLock, and you’d be good with most of them. However, the one we’ve seen the most frequently, and which we think is the best, is the free AppLock created by DoMobile Lab.
Using AppLock, or any locking app, is pretty simple:
- Make a copy of the app on your phone
- Open the app and, when prompted, enter a password that will be used only with specific apps. Inspect your passcode to ensure that it is not the same as the one you use to lock your phone. When asked, grant AppLock permission to launch on top of other applications (this will result in the lock being created later)
- Then, while still within AppLock, select the app you want to lock using the passcode you’ve established and press the “Lock” button. You’ll receive an email confirming that the lock was successful. To be sure, open that program and see whether it works.
AppLock is a favorite of ours since, in addition to a passcode, it can be used to safeguard particular applications with fingerprint recognition. A cleanser is also included, which helps to clear up storage space on your smartphone. It has a battery saver that can help you save power and extend the life of your battery, a cooler that keeps the CPU of your phone at a safe temperature, and a booster that can help you increase the speed of your phone. Other options for enhancing the speed of your Android phone may be found by tapping or clicking.
Use your fingerprint to safeguard your applications, or select between pattern locks or a PIN to keep them safe. Smart AppLock also has the advantage of consuming less memory and causing no delay following a device restart. Break-in notifications are also sent to your inbox when someone attempts to launch a mobile application with an incorrect code.
Only one of the apps we recommend is paid, but we believe that the effectiveness of AppLock Pro plus the function that takes a picture if a wrong passcode is entered make it worth the $.99-cent price tag. Also available is a “Crash screen,” which conceals which applications are locked and which are not. The ability to “Prevent Force Close/Uninstall” the software is another useful feature that keeps would-be thieves and snoops from discovering a workaround.
Other Android security features to use
Only one of the apps we recommend is paid, but we believe that the effectiveness of AppLock Pro and the function that takes a picture if an erroneous password is entered make it worth the $.99-cent price point. Another option is to set up a “Crash screen,” which hides which applications are locked and which ones are not. The ability to “Prevent Force Close/Uninstall” the software is another useful feature that keeps would-be thieves and snoops from finding a way around it is also worth mentioning.
Screen Pinning allows you to restrict the use of your phone’s screen to a certain application. If you make any effort to exit or close the app, your lock screen will be activated. Suppose a burglar or spy goes straight to your banking app, and Screen Pinning prevents them from moving on to other apps in the meanwhile.
Simply ensure that you are not logged into your banking application while you are not using it. To enable Screen Pinning on your Android phone (if it is running Android OS 9.0 Pie or later), follow these steps:
- Navigate to Settings and choose ” SecurityLocation.” Select ” Advanced,” then ” Screen Pinning” from the drop-down menu. After you have toggled Screen Pinning to the “on” position, you should toggle “Ask for PIN before unpinning” to the “on” position as well. On your screen, choose the ” Overview ” button (the square one) at the bottom of the page. When asked, select the app you wish to pin and press ” Pin ” when requested. Then click on “I got it.”
Please keep in mind that there are many different types of Android devices, and the instructions may vary depending on your device. Screen Pinning may also be used to keep your phone locked on a certain game for children, preventing them from exiting the app without your permission. If you want to unpin an app, press “Back” (the triangle symbol) and “Overview” at the same time, then input your PIN number.
Secure Folder is a feature on Samsung phones that allows you to place apps inside a virtual folder that may be locked. You may use a passcode, a PIN, a complete password, or even your fingerprint or iris to secure the device. To store apps in a Secure Folder on your Samsung Android phone, follow these steps:
- Select ” Biometrics and security” from the drop-down menu under Settings. Select ” Secure Folder,” then ” Lock type” from the menu. Create a password using one of the following options: pattern, PIN, password, or a biometric option such as fingerprint or iris
- Select “Secure Folder” from your app drawer by tapping it. To add applications, select “Add applications.” In the top right corner, touch ” Add ” once you’ve selected all of the applications you wish to include in the folder. In the Secure Folder menu, select ” Lock ” once more. Try to open one of the apps you’ve put to the folder and make sure it asks for your passcode or fingerprint
As you can see, there are a variety of options available for locking a certain app on your Android phone. We prefer to use third-party programs since they can include additional useful functions and provide a variety of lock configurations. Secure Folder and Screen Pinning are excellent security features incorporated into Android phones, and it’s important to be aware of their existence and that they may provide you with some level of protection. Another essential Android security feature may be accessed by tapping or clicking here.
What about locking apps on iPhone?
This is an area in which Apple, unfortunately, lags behind Android. Yes, you may secure your iPhone or iPad by entering a passcode or by utilizing Touch ID or Face ID technology, among other methods. Despite the fact that certain apps, such as Whatsapp, provide built-in lock mechanisms, Apple does not provide a native functionality that allows you to lock apps. Aside from that, you may use the “Screen Time” option to lock an application for a specific length of time. When you need to push yourself to put your phone down and concentrate on anything else, this is a fantastic advice to keep in mind.) With order to assist you in controlling access to your iPhone applications, we’ve created a step-by-step guide.
How To Lock Android Apps On Samsung Smartphones?
Smartphones have progressed from being only communication devices to being much more. These portable gadgets let you to execute things that were previously only feasible through the use of desktop computers, laptops, and other similar devices. When it comes to modern smartphones, Samsung is one of the most well-known brands, and it is also one of the few that is not Chinese. Samsung smartphones are now powered by the Android mobile operating system, which was developed by Google. All of the company’s devices, whether they are low-cost or high-end, are powered by Google’s Android operating system.
- Privacy has always been a key concern for smartphone users, regardless of which brand they are using.
- A variety of apps are available for download on Samsung devices, which can be found in both the Google Play Store and Samsung’s App Store.
- Locking certain applications necessitates a distinct set of procedures than the standard phone lock routine, which is why setting up locks for the whole home screen or the device is an easy process.
- The following are the measures to take: What is the best way to lock Android apps on Samsung smartphones?
- You are not need to download any third-party applications in order to implement a privacy lock.
- We’ll walk you through the process, from installing the S secure applications (if they’re not already installed) to locking apps one by one.
- Step 1: Install the S secure app.
- To complete the third step, navigate to the Settings menu on your particular Samsung smartphone.
- Step 5: Locate the “Lock and Mask” applications option in the list of apps.
- Step 7: Choose the sort of lock you wish to use on your applications, such as a PIN, a password, or a pattern.
Pick the ‘locked applications’ option from the drop-down menu, and then select the apps that you wish to be secured by locks. You are finished when you click on done. The Best Mobile Phones in India
How to lock individual apps on your smartphone
If you want to gift your phone to someone else, it may be a good idea to disable access to your applications so that they cannot be opened by the recipient. WhatsApp, Gmail, and the image gallery are all places where you may save sensitive information that you may wish to keep hidden. But don’t worry, you can secure important information from prying eyes by using a function known as app lock on your device.
- Providing your phone to someone else may necessitate the use of a passcode to prevent them from accessing the applications on your phone. You may wish to keep certain sensitive information secret, and WhatsApp, Gmail, and the image gallery are all places where you may do that. But don’t be concerned: a feature known as app lock allows you to keep important information safe from inquisitive eyes.
- Make use of a launcher that has App Lock functionality
- Do you have stock Android installed? To do so, visit the Google Play Store and download the App Lock app.
App Lock should be enabled in your launcher. Is your Android operating system stock? To do so, visit the Google Play Store and search for “App Lock.”
Use the Built-in App Lock feature
It has been reported previously that if your smartphone is manufactured by one of the manufacturers listed below, you may not even be required to download a third-party app. Aside from that, using the built-in app lock function is naturally more secure than employing a third-party application.
How to use App Lock on Samsung smartphones
Using the Samsung App LockLower-end/middle-range price range Samsung handsets may come pre-installed with an App Lock application called S Secure, which is exclusive to Samsung. It may be accessed by selecting it from the following menu. If you do not see this choice, please click here to see if there is another alternative available.
- Open the Settings menu and select Advanced Features from the drop-down menu. Look for a menu item labeled “Lock and mask applications.”
If you don’t see this choice, you’ll need to download the S Secure app from the Google Play Store, which is available for free. What is the App Lock function on Samsung smartphones and how do I use it? / / / / / NextPit
- Once the app has been installed, go back to the app store and look for theLock and mask applications option – click on it. Toggle the switch to the “On” position. You will now be presented with the choice of selecting a pattern, PIN, password, or Face unlock as your security method. Choose the one that best suits your needs and set it up
- Once the lock type has been selected, select Locked applications from the drop-down menu. Because you just set it up, the screen will be blank for the time being. Toggle the Addoption switch in the upper right corner. Afterwards, you will see a list of applications with a checkbox next to each one
- Choose the applications that you want to restrict access to
- Return to the previous screen, and the selected applications will now appear in the Locked apps screen
- When you return to the applications carousel, you will notice that the app you picked now has a lock icon next to it.
You should be able to see theLock and mask appsoption after the app has been installed; simply touch on it. Activate by turning the switch to the “On” position You will now be presented with the choice of selecting a pattern, PIN, password, or Face unlock as your unlock method. Decide on the one that best suits your needs and configure it; Select Locked applications from the drop-down menu when the lock type has been determined. As a result, the screen will be blank because you have only just configured it.
In the next screen, you’ll find an alphabetical list of apps with a check box next to each one; Choose the applications that you want to restrict access to; and Return to the Locked applications screen, and the selected apps will now appear in the Locked apps screen.
- Once the app has been installed, go back to the app store and look for theLock and mask applications option – tap on it. Toggle the switch to the On position. You will now be presented with the choice of selecting a pattern, PIN, password, or Face unlock
- Select the one that best suits your needs and set it up
- Once the lock type has been determined, select Locked applications from the drop-down menu. The screen will be blank since you have only recently configured it. Select the Addoption button in the upper right corner. You will now see a list of applications with a checkbox next to each one. Choose the applications that you want to restrict access to
- Return to the Locked apps screen, and you will now see the applications you chose in the Locked apps screen
- When you return to the applications carousel, you will notice that the app you previously chose has been marked with a lock sign.
A true private space is provided by the Secure Folder in Samsung devices / NextPit Using the Secure Folder does imply that you will have to reinstall WhatsApp and any other applications that you may have previously installed. In addition, notifications are delivered from your Secure Folder to your primary profile. A deluxe settings menu makes it simple to customize your privacy settings to your liking. In exchange, you receive system-level protection, which makes it tough for even the most adept spy to infiltrate your network.
How to use App Lock on OnePlus smartphones
For those of you who possess a OnePlus smartphone, you already have an app lock function built into the handset itself. Here’s how to make it work for you.
- Tap onUtilities
- Tap onApp locker
- And then tap onDone. Select a screen-locking mechanism from the drop-down menu. To display notifications on the lock screen, select how you want them to appear and then tapDone. This will open the App locker menu in a new window. Select the Add applications option from the drop-down menu. Choose the programs that you require from the list
- Return to the previous screen, and the selected applications will appear in the list
How to use App Lock on Xiaomi / Poco smartphones
If you have a Xiaomi/Poco/Redmi handset that runs MIUI, here is how you can enable the app lock function on your device.
- Open Settings, scroll down, and select Apps from the drop-down menu. To unlock the app, press the lock button. You will be presented with the option to enable the function. Xiaomi pre-selects apps that it believes you will most likely want to lock in order to make your life easier. Turn on with a tap. If your phone was protected by a lock code, it would prompt you to input it right away. The following page will display a list of applications that can be secured – Select anything you want and then tapUse App Lock. It is possible that you may be prompted to enter your Mi Account credentials on the following screen. The practice is not required, though. Click on “Not now” to exit. You will be prompted to enter a PIN in order to gain access to the locked applications on the next screen. You have the option of selecting a PIN, a pattern, or a password.
That’s all there is to it!
How to use App Lock on Huawei smartphones
Yes, that is all there is to it.
- Open Settings and select Security from the drop-down menu. Select App Lock from the drop-down menu. You will be prompted to create a password for App Lock at this point. Choose between using your current Lock screen password or creating a custom PIN number. Input the new PIN number. In addition, if you have already registered your fingerprint, you can choose to utilize it to unlock applications on the next screen. You will now be presented with a list of applications that can be restricted. Select the ones that you desire
Choose Security from the Settings menu. Select App Lock from the drop-down list. A password for App Lock will be requested of you at this point. Alternate between your existing Lock screen password and an individual PIN. Input the new PIN number into the box. It is possible to choose to use your fingerprint to unlock applications on the following screen if you have already registered your fingerprint. Now, you’ll be presented with a list of applications that can be restricted access to. Make your selection from among the available options.
How to use App Lock on Oppo/ Realme smartphones
- If you happen to possess an Oppo or Realme smartphone, the method for enabling the app lock function is the same as it is for any other smartphone. Select Privacy from the Settings menu. App lock may be found in the Privacy menu. You will now be prompted to create a password for your privacy. Select a password of your choosing and press the Next button. You will now be presented with a list of applications that have been pre-selected for locking. Choose the apps that you wish to be restricted
- If you have biometric techniques enabled, you can choose to utilize them on the next screen
- Otherwise, you will be prompted to do so.
Use a launcher that supports App Lock
If your smartphone does not come with an in-built App lock function, one alternative you have is to switch to a launcher that does support the feature, which is described below. This is also an option for smartphones that are running the native Android operating system. In order to avoid being without the default Android UI, you will need to hunt for alternative solutions. Apex Launcher is the launcher we recommend for those who want to use the App Lock functionality. Apex Launcher is available for download and installation from the Google Play Store.
Running stock Android? Download an App Lock app from the Google Play Store
For those whose phones are still running pure Android, the only option left is to download and install a specialist program for locking down certain applications. I came discovered a few good programs, one of which came from Norton, the company that makes the well-known antivirus software utility. This particular program is referred to be Norton LifeLock, and you can get it from the Google Play Store.
- Once the program has been installed, follow the instructions to complete the setup procedure. You may be required to provide many rights, including the ability to display above other apps and the ability to enable accessibility. Set a lock technique (for example, a pattern on a PIN)
- You have the option of selecting which applications you want to restrict access to.
Norton LifeLock is an excellent software for locking applications on phones running stock Android / NextPit is a nice app for locking apps on phones running custom Android.
Create a user or guest account
If you aren’t comfortable with the idea of utilizing a third-party software, the only other alternative available to you is to make advantage of the ‘Guest mode’ function available on Android devices. You will need to complete the following steps in order to make this possible.
- For those who aren’t comfortable with the idea of utilizing a third-party software, the only other alternative available to them is to make use of the ‘Guest mode’ function available on Android devices. This will be required in order to make it possible.
If you’re not comfortable with the idea of employing a third-party software, your only other choice is to make advantage of the ‘Guest mode’ function on Android. You will need to complete the following steps in order to activate this.
Please accept my gratitude if you are still reading this essay. Taking this into consideration, we’d want to hear if you found the measures outlined above to be helpful. If this was the case, please let us know about it in the comments area down below. If you are aware of any additional techniques for locking applications, you may also share your knowledge with the group. This page was completely rewritten and republished in June 2021. Older comments have been preserved for posterity.
Samsung Galaxy S10: How to Lock and Hide Apps Using Secure Folder
The Galaxy S10 series from Samsung is brimming with personalization possibilities and features, and it’s only the beginning. The Secure Folder feature, among other things, allows users to store and lock personal data and installed programs in a safe and secret location away from prying eyes, among other features. When using the Secure Folder feature on the Galaxy S10 series, you may take use of Samsung Knox, which means that any data transferred to the folder is stored safely and secretly. If you ever find yourself in the position of having to carry sensitive data on your Galaxy S10, the Secure Folder feature should be utilized immediately.
Alternatively, if you have any sensitive data stored in one of the applications that you have loaded on your Galaxy S10, you may move it to the Secure Folder to guarantee that the data remains safe.
Secure Folder Creates Cloned Version of Apps
Before you begin the process of configuring Secure Folder, it is crucial to understand that any application you transfer to this folder will be cloned. Whenever you transfer an application to Secure Folder, it makes a clone of that application. This cloned copy differs in every way from the original copy that was installed on your computer or device. For example, if you transfer WhatsApp to the Secure Folder, you will have to re-enter the configuration information for the app. The original copy will stay in its current condition.
Lock Apps Using Secure Folder on Galaxy S10
Step 1: Navigate toSettings – Biometrics and security – Secure Folder in the menu bar. Continue with the configuration of Secure Folder. During the procedure, you will be required to input your Samsung account credentials in order to ensure that your identity is verified. Step 2: Select a PIN, password, or pattern lock for the Secure folder by following the on-screen prompts. You also have the option of accessing the Secure folder with the use of the fingerprint scanner. Following completion of the Secure folder password configuration, you will be presented with a list of system applications.
- Everything you keep in these system applications will stay hidden and independent from the primary copy of the apps they are a part of.
- Inside Secure Folder, pick the Add Programs option and then select the apps that you wish to keep safe.
- T You will be prompted to input the unlock pattern/pin/password each time you attempt to access Secure Folder.
- The Secure Folder cannot be unlocked using the Face Unlock feature on the Galaxy S10 series due to the fact that it is not as secure as a fingerprint scanner.
- All alerts from applications that have been relocated to the Secure Folder will be delivered to you automatically.
- If you don’t like this behavior, make sure to modify it in the Secure Folder’s configuration settings as soon as possible.
- If you answered yes, please leave a comment and tell us what you liked or disliked about the feature.
How to Lock Apps on Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus, S10e, S9 (Plus), S8 (Plus)
Bestusefultips.com was last updated on March 7, 2021. Want to restrict access to specific applications on your Galaxy S10 or Galaxy S10 Plus? In this section, I will demonstrate various methods for locking applications on the Galaxy 10 plus, S10, S10e, and other devices. Apps on the Galaxy S10 may be locked with an ultrasonic fingerprint stored in a safe folder. Additionally, third-party apps may be downloaded to lock any app on your Samsung Galaxy smartphones. When you lock applications on the Galaxy S10 using the fingerprint scanner, you’ll have to use your fingerprint to unlock them every time you use the device.
Additionally, utilizing the Galaxy S10’s home settings, you may hide apps. Follow the instructions in the following sections to lock applications on your Galaxy S10 using the Samsung secure folder. This Might Interest You:
- On the Galaxy S10, here’s how to record a gaming video. How to make the screen lock pattern on the Galaxy Note 9 disappear
- Instructions on how to lock or unlock applications on the OnePlus 6/6T
- How to make advantage of the dual messenger feature on the Galaxy S10
How to Use App Lock in Samsung S10 Plus and S10
Check out the instructions provided below on how to lock specific applications on the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e.
Lock Samsung Galaxy S10 (Plus) apps using a secure folder
You may utilize the secure folder on your Galaxy S10 to keep apps locked. Additionally, you may add files, programs, and edit apps to your smartphone. Step 1:Swipe down the notification bar at the top of the screen and long-press the secure folder icon to open it. The second step is to enter the PIN or password that you want to use. The following are the four choices accessible on your device: lock, add applications, add files, and modify apps in the menu bar. Step 3: Tap on the Add applications button.
Now you can protect the newly installed apps on your Samsung S10S10+ cellphone.
Unlock apps on Samsung S10 Plus
Step 1: Go to the Secure folder on your Samsung S10 Plus and tap on it. Step 2: Select “Add applications.” Step 3: Select the – icon to delete the application from a list.
Lock Apps on Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and S9
Step 1: Go to the Recent Apps menu on your Samsung S9S9 plus and choose “Recent Apps.” Step 2: Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Step 3: Select the lock applications option. On all recent applications lists of your Galaxy devices, the lock icon will now be shown. Tip 4:Click on the lock icon of the program you want to lock and then click Done.
Lock Individual Apps on Galaxy S8S8 Plus
In order to lock the app on your Samsung galaxy smartphones, you must first download a third-party app. Download and install the App Locker application on your Samsung Galaxy smartphones as a first step. Step 2: Launch the application on your device. You can configure the level of security you wish to use to unlock the application. Step 3: Select the app you wish to remove from the list by toggling it on.
How to Hide Apps on Galaxy S10 PlusS10
Step 1: Long press on a blank spot on the Galaxy S10 home screen for many seconds. Step 2: Navigate to the Home screen settings. Step 3:Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Hide applications. Step 4: Choose the applications you wish to keep hidden from the Galaxy S10. Step 5: Press the Apply button. Apps for the Galaxy S10 may now be hidden from the app drawer. That’s all there is to it. With this guide, we think it’s apparent how to lock applications on the Galaxy S10 One UI. If you are experiencing any difficulties, please let us know in the comments section below.
Samsung App Lock: How To Use Secure Folder [Step-by-Step Guide]
Step 1: Long press on a blank spot on the Galaxy S10 home screen to activate it. Home screen settings are accessed through the second step (tap Home). At the bottom of the page, scroll down and select Hide applications. Choose which applications you wish to keep hidden from your Galaxy S10 in step four. Using the Apply button, complete step 5. Hiding Galaxy S10 applications from the app drawer has now been accomplished!
There you have it. We hope this has helped you understand how to lock applications on the Galaxy S10 One UI. Let us know if you have any problems in the comments section below. For the most up-to-date information, please continue to follow us on social media.
Does Samsung have a built-in app locker?
Many smartphones had the ability to lock applications right out of the box when they were first released back in the day. For one reason or another, the system has shifted, and Samsung has been unable to break away from the status quo. As of now, no Samsung smartphone arrives with an integrated app locker, which will be phased out by 2021. Fortunately, there are several excellent choices that will provide you with the results you want. What does Android 11 bring to the table in terms of privacy and security is discussed in more detail here.
How to lock using Secure Folder
In the Samsung Galaxy devices, the Secure Folder is a highly secure, genuinely encrypted storage area that exists and functions as a living, breathing entity. The Secure Folder, which is manufactured by Knox, provides military-grade protection and is typically used in conjunction with biometric authentication. Swipe down from the top of the screen, pull up the quick access panel, and touch on ‘Secure Folder.’ To disable Secure Folder, swipe down from the top of the screen again. To get started, go to your app drawer and choose the newly-added Secure Folder application from the list.
- Several programs, including Gallery, Notes, Contacts, and other useful tools, are contained here.
- To do so, simply click on them.
- Select the app that you wish to add to the Secure Folder and follow the on-screen instructions to complete its installation.
- The result is that, the time you register on the newly-added application within Secure Folder, the old, unprotected version of the program will be disabled but not destroyed.
- The previous instance was deactivated, but it was not completely deleted from the device throughout the process.
- To access the built-in app store, select ‘Download from Play Store’ from the menu bar.
- In order to access the Secure Folder, you will need a Samsung account.
How to lock using a third-party application
For those who don’t want to deal with the trouble of dealing with the Secure Folder, they can simply download one of the app lockers available from the Google Play Store and lock individual programs to their device. In this scenario, we have downloaded and installed AppLock – Fingerprint, which is a simple program that adds an additional layer of password protection on top of existing applications. The program will prompt you to link your fingerprint authentication on your mobile device to your master pin when you are setting up the master pin.
After that, find the app you want to lock and click on the lock icon to the right of it.
Next, on the right-hand side of the program, you would discover two toggles that you might use.
To confirm, click on the ‘Ok’ button. The other is intended to conceal the locked program by displaying a bogus alert indicating that the application has crashed. The true lock screen would be revealed by pressing and holding the ‘OK’ button for a few seconds.
Does S Secure work?
S Secure was once the primary app locking and masking program for Samsung. Users have the option to enable the lock and masking capabilities immediately after installing the software from the Settings menu. Unfortunately, it appears that the easy option has been turned off for the majority of users, since the most recent version of the from the Galaxy Store fails to function as claimed on a Galaxy smartphone. Since no better option has yet been developed, the Secure Folder or a third-party software should be used as your primary method of app locking until such time.
- How to Enable Screen Lock When a Signal is Received
- If you have a Chromecast with Google TV, you may wonder what the lock icon means. How to lock an Android phone if it has been misplaced
- Using Google Smart Lock on your phone, learn how to stop it from signing you in automatically. How to Unlock the Signal Application
- Instructions on how to set a password on Netflix
- Instructions on how to uninstall Good Lock from your Samsung Galaxy smartphone Instructions on how to get the Among Us lock screen on your iPhone or iPad
- What exactly is a Snapchat Story Lock?
AppLock – Apps on Google Play
Lock applications, photographs, videos, and other sensitive data using AppLock’s password lock or pattern lock, and protect your privacy at the same time. IVY Protect your personal information from prying eyes by encrypting your Gallery. AppLock keeps youngsters and snoopers from fiddling with your settings, deleting critical stuff, or making in-app purchases with a free app lock and privacy guard that protects your privacy. Customize the app lock settings to your liking; it is more safe and intelligent to lock all privacy settings in a single compact AppLock.
- No one will be able to listen in on your private conversation anymore.
- No one has the ability to interfere with your system app settings.
- No one else will be able to use your wallet to make any purchases.
- Protect your personal information to the fullest extent possible.
- Once the gallery and video applications are locked, no one will be able to peek at your personal photographs and videos.
- AppLock is a pattern lock that is invisible and has a random keyboard.
- It is completely risk-free!
AppLock should be opened.
-Enter the PIN code and then confirm the PIN code Note: For Android 5.0 and higher, enable Applock to utilize the use access permission by searching for AppLock and selecting “Allow usage access.” 2.
Open the AppLock -Settings menu.
I’ve forgotten my AppLock password.
Currently, you have the option of reinstalling AppLock if you forget your password.
Intruder Selfie: -Take a picture of intruders who are attempting to get access to your phone.
Replace AppLock Symbol: -On the home screen, replace the AppLock icon with other icons like as an alarm clock, the weather forecast, a calculator, a calendar, and a notepad to make snoopers think you’re not home.
The frequency at which AppLock runs may be configured in the Always Lock/5 minutes/Until screen off modes.
AppLock’s power saving option allows you to save up to 50% on your phone’s battery life after enabling it.
Please check back for updates on further features, which will include: In addition to AppLock, the phone screen may be locked with the same password, making it more powerful.
-Video Vault: All private videos that have been locked in the Gallery will be relocated to the video vault.
Those attempting to gain access to your phone will see a bogus crash screen displayed by Force Stop.
Improve phone speed by cleaning trash files and increasing phone performance, which is simple to accomplish using AppLock.
Website:Facebook:Twitter:Google+:our Google+ Community, to volunteer as a volunteer tester, to enjoy the newest version of AppLock in advance, and to assist us in improving AppLock to deliver a significantly better user experience to our users.
In the event that you have a better localization translation for AppLock and its description, as well as any queries or recommendations, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G (SM-A716U) – Secure Folder
You will learn how to do the following things in this tutorial: Create a Secure Folder in your computer. Obtain access to the Secure Folder Apps may be added to the Secure Folder. Make use of a Secure Folder. Secure Folder should be hidden.
Set up Secure Folder
You will learn how to do the following in this tutorial: Create a Secure Folder on your computer. Secure Folder may be accessed by anybody. Create a Secure Folder for the applications you want to protect. Protect your data by using a Secure Folder. Secure Folder should not be seen to anybody.
Access Secure Folder
Once the Secure Folder configuration has been successfully completed, the Secure Folder application will appear in your Apps tray. When you try to access the Secure folder, you will be requested to enter your passcode again. To access the Secure Folder app, choose it and then enter thepasscode. Please keep in mind that to reach the Apps tray, swipe up from the middle of your home screen.
Add apps to Secure Folder
Select the Add icon from the drop-down menu. The desiredapp(s) should be selected, and then Add is selected to add the applications to the secure folder.
Use Secure Folder
Select theMenu icon from the drop-down menu. Choose the desired choice from the drop-down menu: LOCK AND EXIT SYSTEM: SelectLock and then click Exit. ADD FILES: Select Add files from the drop-down menu. Make a selection of the desiredfile typenavigate to and pick the desiredfile(s), and then clickDone. Please keep in mind that you may also add images via the Gallery application. Select and hold the relevant image in your browser (s) Icon for the menu Transfer to the Secure Folder. The Secure Folder contains pictures that have been relocated from the main Gallery and are no longer visible in the regular Gallery.
Hide Secure Folder
To access Biometrics and security settings, navigate to the Settings screen and select Biometrics and securityselectSecure Folderenter your passwordselect theShow icon on Apps screen switchHide.
How To Lock Apps On Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8 Plus
The amount of personal and commercial information that we save on our portable devices has increased dramatically in recent years, and it is now more necessary than ever for us to safeguard it as thoroughly as possible. This is true regardless of the device you are using, including whether you are using a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8 Plus. It is possible to add an additional layer of security to your Galaxy S8 if you believe that using a password on the lock screen is not sufficient privacy for you.
For those who want a more traditional approach, you may use a third-party app to lock particular applications rather than a simple swipe to unlock your smartphone.
This post will introduce you to the AppLock app, which you can download for free from the App Store.
It is completely free to use. Consider the following scenario: you have downloaded and installed this application. You might be wondering what happens next.
- Launch AppLock, and the first time you do so, you will be requested to create a password and give a security email address
- After that, you will be prompted to confirm your password and security email address.
- This password will be required in the future every time you wish to reopen the app or access any other app that you have already protected with the app’s assistance
- Using this password will be required in the future each time you wish to reopen the app or access any other app that you have previously locked with its assistance
- You can start locking apps one by one, starting with Phone and Text Messaging and progressing to Messenger, Facebook, and whatever else you have in there
- There’s a list of all the apps on your Galaxy S8 and a lock button next to each name that automatically locks the app when you tap on it
- You can also lock apps in groups. You may also create a Photo or Video Vault on your smartphone, which will allow you to safely lock certain photos or movies stored on your device.
- You can exit the app once you’ve completed adjusting your lock options and continue to use the device as you see fit.
From this point forward, every time you attempt to use an app that has been locked using the AppLock program, you will be prompted to enter the password. If you change your mind, you can always go back to AppLock and open the applications you’ve locked up before. Everyone understands that no one will force you to use this particular software, since AppLock is merely one of several options for locking apps on your Samsung Galaxy S8. Google Play Store is lots of options; search for “app lock” in its search bar and use your best judgment to see what else is out there for you to experiment with.
How To Turn ON And OFF Autocorrect On Galaxy A7
How to»How to»How to How to bind an Android tablet or phone to a single application Allowing children to spend quality time on an Android Phone or Tablet is made possible by restricting access to a particular app on the device. Using this method, you can guarantee that your children spend valuable time on an age-appropriate or instructive App while being safe from harmful information.
Lock Android Tablet to One App
The Pin Windows feature in Android, which was first introduced in Android 5.0, allows you to restrict the use of your Android phone or tablet to a single application. This enables you to hand over your Android Phone or Tablet to your children without having to worry about Apps being removed or children being exposed to inappropriate information on the device. To restrict access to an Android tablet to a single application, you must first enable the Pin Windows option on your Android device. After that, you will be able to restrict access to an Android tablet to a single application.
1. Enable Pin Windows Feature On Phone or Tablet
The Pin Windows feature in Android, which was first introduced in Android 5.0, allows you to restrict the use of your Android phone or tablet to a single application or website. This enables you to hand over your Android Phone or Tablet to your children without having to worry about Apps being removed or children being exposed to inappropriate information on their devices. Firstly, you must enable the Pin Windows Option on your Android device in order to lock your Android tablet to a single application or program.
So, let’s have a look at how to lock an Android tablet to a single app and how to do this.
2. Setup Passcode for Screen Pinning Mode
In order to use the Screen Pinning mode on your Android phone or tablet, the next step is to configure a passcode. 1.Go to SettingsSecurityOther Security Options and choose “Other Security Options.” Windows has the ability to be pinned. 2.After that, drag the slider next toAsk for PIN before unpinning to the ON position on the next screen.
3. Lock Android Tablet or Phone to One App
Following the activation of the Pin Windows feature on your Android device, you may lock your Android phone or tablet to a single application by following the procedures outlined below. 1. Launch the application that you wish to use to lock your Android phone or tablet. For example, launch WhatsApp to lock your Android phone or tablet to this particular application and prevent it from being used by any other applications. 2.After that, select the Recent Appsbutton, which can be found in the bottom-left corner of your smartphone.
3.On the App pop-up window, select theApp icon and then select thePin this App option. Following this, only WhatsApp will be able to be accessed on your Android device, with all other applications being blocked.
4. Unpin an App on Android Tablet or Phone
Following the completion of your children’s use of your Android Tablet, you may unpin the App and restore your device to its default configuration. Select Recent Appsand Back button while simultaneously tapping and holding both buttons. 2.If requested, input your Android Phone or Tablet’s Lock Screen Passcode to quit the Pinned Window and return to unrestricted or normal usage of your device.
- On your Android device, you may learn how to disable in-app purchases. Using an Android phone, you may hide WhatsApp photos and videos in the gallery.
Samsung Smart Doorlock.
If you download and install the Samsung Smart Door Lock App, you will be able to take advantage of a variety of services at any time and from any location, including checking the state of your home’s door lock, unlocking doors with the door lock, and providing one-time keys to guests. 1. Real-time monitoring of the state of the door lock Monitoring the status of the door opening with the door lock, informing forced door opening, notifying overheating detection, verifying the battery’s condition, and so forth.
- Remote control for opening the door in conjunction with the door lock On the main window of the program, click the padlock button to secure it.
- You can generate a temporary pin code that expires at a predetermined time and date.
- The history of access to the door lock is checked in step four.
- Version 2.0.21 includes the addition of a service country (Argentina)
Ratings and Reviews
The lock is OK in and of itself, however the app regularly falls offline, rendering the app completely ineffective. It will either come back online once we open the door with the handle or it will come back online on its own. With a solid WiFi range and a professional-grade access point that can support 100 devices (or more) at the same time, we have everything we need to be productive. When I attempted to contact the app for assistance, they responded with a few inquiries, to which I responded with the suggestion that I contact my local provider in Australia (this took 3 days).
Have been recommending to my friends
In and of itself, the lock is good, however the app regularly goes offline, rendering the app completely ineffective. It will either come back online once we open the door with the handle or it will come back online on its own. We have a strong wifi range and a professional-grade access point that can handle up to 100 devices (or more) at the same time, which is ideal for our needs. If you have any issues, you may contact your local provider in Australia.
I tried contacting assistance through the app, and they responded with a few questions. When I replied, they stated you should contact your local supplier in Canada (this took 3 days). In order to receive a straightforward response, it appears that I will need to take many days off from my job.
The new update rendered the crippled app useless
Before the upgrade, the app was not completely functioning. We were unable to utilize it to make temporary pins and were only able to erase those that were manually made. The app can only be used by one member of the family for remote locking and unlocking. After the upgrade, the app says that it is no longer connected to the lock, and that there is no longer a remote control. Surprisingly, it can still tell you how much battery power is remaining in your lock. I’m perplexed as to how it can determine the battery level without being connected to the lock.
- It made the unexpected decision that the battery level was low.
- I even replaced it a second time just in case the batteries were jumbled up during the first.
- At the very least, it can still communicate with the computer in order to distinguish between old and new batteries, so it is not completely worthless.
- This is according to the developer, Samsung SDS Co.,LTD who said that the app’s privacy practices may include treatment of data in the manner outlined further down.
Data Not Linked to You
The following information may be gathered, but it will not be connected to your personal identity: For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may be different. Read on to find out more
For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may differ. Obtaining Additional Information