- 1 How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
- 2 How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
- 3 Why knowing the model number is useful
- 4 How to Use Samsung Find My Mobile
- 5 How to Use the Samsung Phone Locator
- 6 How to Use Samsung Phone Locator to Secure Your Device
- 7 How to Manage Your Phone With Samsung Find My Mobile
- 8 4 Simple Ways to Tell What Samsung Galaxy You Have
- 9 Method 1: Via the settings menu
- 10 Method 2: Check the rear case
- 11 Method 4: Original receipt and packaging
- 12 Related Help
- 13 Remotely find, lock, or erase
- 14 Related resources
- 15 How to Track a Samsung Phone
- 16 Contents
- 17 Do You Know How to Track a Samsung Phone? Check These 3 Easy Methods
- 18 Why and How to Track a Samsung Phone of Your Kid
- 19 Conclusion
- 20 Stolen or lost Android phone? Here’s how to find it and get it back as fast as possible
- 21 Take a few minutes to prepare now
- 22 How to lock down, track a lost or stolen Android phone
- 23 Life Pro Tip: Don’t confront thieves
- 24 Unable to retrieve your phone? Contact your carrier, file an insurance claim
- 25 Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) (J320A) – Find My Mobile
- 26 Did you get the help you needed?
How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
The most recent update was made on October 11th, 2021 at 14:25 UTC+01:00. Although you may not have given much thought to Samsung phone model numbers in the past, it is beneficial to be familiar with the one that corresponds to your device. Being able to identify the precise model number of your Samsung phone may be quite helpful when trying to obtain assistance for the device. It’s also important for keeping track of the firmware upgrades that are sent out to your phone by the manufacturer. The information provided here is particularly valuable for individuals who are unfamiliar with the brand.
There are a variety of approaches that may be used to accomplish this.
How do I find out what model my Samsung phone is?
Simply turning a Samsung phone around will reveal the model number on the back of the phone. Samsung notes it on the bottom of the rear of the phone. A Samsung logo is located beneath the text “DesignedEngineered by Samsung.” In case you’re not sure how to recognize it, the model number will always begin with the letters “SM-.” You can notice in this shot of the Galaxy Note 10+ that the model number “SM-N975F” is written on the rear, which is a nice touch. What should you do if the model number on the rear isn’t visible anymore?
In such case, just open the Settings app and select About phone from the drop-down menu.
Additionally, the name of the gadget may be found here as well.
Alternatively, if you need to know the model number of one of the company’s older products, simply remove the battery and you’ll notice a sticker with the model number printed on it.
Why knowing the model number is useful
The model number of a Samsung phone functions, in a sense, as a master key that unlocks all of the information you need to know about the device. Consider the following scenario: you stumble across a Samsung phone that you have never seen before. And you haven’t even heard of it before today. All you need is the model number, which you can obtain by following the procedures outlined above. Once you have it, you can access all of the device’s information. Running a Samsung device’s model number through our devices database is one of the quickest and most convenient methods to obtain information about the item.
Our database will instantly tell you what the name of that particular gadget is, as well as the specifications it possesses.
Alternatively, you may visit our firmware database if that’s something you need to do.
We have almost every firmware version available for any Samsung smartphone. It’s a fantastic resource, especially for older devices that are no longer receiving software upgrades. You’ll find what you’re looking for if you search the database using the model number.
How to Use Samsung Find My Mobile
- Sign into FindMyMobile.Samsung.com by entering your phone number. If your phone is within reach, selectRing. SelectTrack Location to locate it from a distance. To keep your device safe, selectLock. If you like, you may create a PIN number and a message to be shown. SelectErase Data to entirely erase the contents of the phone
- Use the Retrieve Calls/Texts feature to retrieve your last 50 calls and messages from your lost phone.
The Samsung Find My Mobile phone locator locates your smartphone on a map and pinpoints its location. It functions in a similar way to the Google Find My Device and Apple Find My iPhone applications. Aside from that, the Samsung phone tracker maintains an eye on your phone till you return to recover it.
How to Use the Samsung Phone Locator
If you’ve never used the Samsung Find My Mobile service before, you’ll need to agree to the service’s Terms of Service before you can begin using it. If you haven’t done so already, click here to learn more. After a simple configuration, you will be able to locate the location of your phone. It is only possible to use Samsung Find My Mobile if your phone is turned on. Whether it’s turned off, check it occasionally to see if it’s been switched on by someone else. It will be necessary to turn to old-fashioned detective work if the battery is completely dead.
- Go toFindMyMobile.Samsung.com to get started. Find the Samsung online tool for tracing down a misplaced device on this page. Sign in if you haven’t used this tool before from the computer that you’re currently using and if you haven’t previously signed in. If you’ve previously used the service from the computer you’re now using and are logged in, it will immediately display the location of your phone
How to Use Samsung Phone Locator to Secure Your Device
Take a minute to ensure that your phone is kept somewhere relatively safe until you can go back to it, and then proceed with care. Many things can be done with it, including putting it in power saving mode, backing up its contents, and locking it.
- Lock the remote management menu by selectingLock in the remote management menu. This message informs you that while your phone is not presently locked, you may now lock it and display emergency contact information on the screen, suspend biometrics, disable Samsung Pay, and prevent anybody from turning off your device. SelectNext
- You have the option of creating a PIN that will allow you to unlock your phone once it is returned to you. Also available is the ability to put a message that will show on the lock screen of your misplaced phone. If you’d like, you may include a phone number where you can be reached in the event that someone else discovers the device before you do. If you’re afraid that you won’t be able to recover your device before someone else does, you should delete all of the data stored on it immediately. SelectErase Data, then Factory Data Reset from the drop-down menu. If you use Samsung Pay, you may wish to clear your Samsung Pay data
- However, this is optional.
How to Manage Your Phone With Samsung Find My Mobile
You also have alternatives for controlling the functionality of your gadget while it is not under your direct control. For example, if you’re worried about missing critical communications while your Galaxy phone is missing, you can check your recent calls and messages from the computer you’re using to track down the phone. Increasing the battery life allows you to ring the phone when you’re close to it, which helps you find your phone more quickly.
- SelectRetrieve Calls/Messages
- The next screen provides an explanation of how this function operates. Select Retrieve to have your last 50 calls and texts returned to you. If you wait a minute, the program will display a list of everyone who has lately phoned or messaged you
- Samsung The battery level of your phone is displayed in the remote administration options menu by Find My Mobile when you open the app. If the battery is running low and you believe it will shut off before you can recover it, you can remotely prolong its battery life. To make advantage of this function, selectExtend Battery Life, then selectExtend.
Thank you for informing us about this!
4 Simple Ways to Tell What Samsung Galaxy You Have
Is it necessary to figure out which Samsung phone you own? Here are four simple methods for determining this.
To check your Samsung phone’s settings, go to SETTINGSABOUT PHONE and select:
- Model name, model number, serial number, IMEI number, and hardware version are all required.
To find out the status of your SIM card, go to SETTINGSABOUT PHONEESTATUS INFORMATIONSIM CARD STATUS. It will display information such as the following:
- Service provider networks (Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, among others)
- Voice and data network types (5G and LTE networks, among others)
- Signal strength
To see how much storage space you have available, go to SETTINGSBATTERY AND DEVICE CARESTORAGE. It will display the following information: When looking up your Android version and other information, go to SETTINGSABOUTPHONESOFTWARE INFORMATION in your phone’s settings menu. Depending on the Samsung model, the method may differ significantly. You can search for phrases such as “about phone,” “storage,” and “carrier” in the SETTINGS menu if you are unable to locate the information you want in the ABOUT menu.
Method 2: Check the rear case
The model number of Samsung phones is printed on the back of the device. It may be found at the following address: Of course, this will not provide you with the identity of your phone. If your phone won’t turn on and you are unable to access the settings menu, try Methods 3 or 4 and refer to the table at the conclusion of this article for more assistance. If you have an older model that has a detachable battery, you will discover identifying labels in the battery compartment that will help you identify it.
Remove the rear case from your phone and power it down to locate yours. When you remove the battery, you should be able to view the label that contains the model number of your phone.
Ready to upgrade? Many phones are worth $100+. Find the value of your phone.
If you have registered your phone with your Samsung account, you may log in and select My Products to obtain the following information: You may also get identifying information on your carrier’s website by logging into your account. When using Verizon, for example, you may select Manage Device to see the device’s model name, storage capacity, and IMEI number.
Method 4: Original receipt and packaging
The next step in identifying your Samsung phone is to look for the original receipt and packing, which will often contain the model name and number of the phone. For the sake of illustration, below are some model numbers for popular and recent Samsung smartphones. If your phone isn’t mentioned, try looking for it on a website such as GSM Arena or Wikipedia, which both keep a list of all Samsung phone model numbers that have been released to this day.
|SM-F926B||Galaxy Z Fold3||2021|
|SM-F711B||Galaxy Z Flip3||2021|
|SM-G780||Galaxy S20 FE(LTE)||2020|
|SM-G781||Galaxy S20 FE(5G)||2020|
|SM-N980||Galaxy Note20 (LTE)||2020|
|SM-N981||Galaxy Note20 (5G)||2020|
|SM-N985||Galaxy Note20 Ultra (LTE)||2020|
|SM-N986||Galaxy Note20 Ultra (5G)||2020|
|SM-F916B||Galaxy Z Fold2 5G||2020|
|SM-F707||Galaxy Z Flip5G||2020|
|SM-F700||Galaxy Z Flip||2020|
|SM-N770F||Galaxy Note10 Lite||2020|
|SM-N970||Galaxy Note10 (LTE)||2019|
|SM-N971||Galaxy Note10 (5G)||2019|
|SM-975F||Galaxy Note10+ (LTE)||2019|
|SM-N976||Galaxy Note10+ (5G)||2019|
|SM-N960||Galaxy Note 9||2018|
|SM-N950||Galaxy Note 8||2017|
To locate, lock, or wipe an Android phone, the phone must meet the following requirements:
- You must have Location switched on and Find My Device turned on. You must also be logged into a Google Account and connected to mobile data or Wi-Fi. You must also be visible on Google Play.
Using your lost phone for 2-step verification requires the usage of a backup phone or backup code.
Remotely find, lock, or erase
- If you have more than one phone, go to the top of the screen and click on the missing phone icon. Alternatively, if your lost phone has more than one user profile, sign in using a Google Account that is associated with the principal profile of the phone. Learn about the many types of user profiles.
- A notice is sent to the owner of the misplaced phone. You’ll find information on the location of the phone on the map
- A rough estimate of the location, which may or may not be exact
- If your phone cannot be located, you will be shown its last known position, if one is available
- If your phone cannot be located, you will be shown its last known location
- Make a decision on what you want to do. First, if necessary, click Lockerase should be enabled.
- Make a sound: Even if your phone is set to quiet or vibrating, it will continue to ring at full volume for 5 minutes. Device that is secure: Protects your phone by requiring a PIN, pattern, or password to be entered. A lock can be installed if you do not already have one. You may leave a message or phone number on your phone’s lock screen to assist someone in returning your phone to you. Device for erasing data: Deletes all information stored on your phone indefinitely (but might not delete SD cards). After you wipe the phone, Find My Device will no longer function on it. Important: If you discover your phone after wiping it clean, you’ll most likely need to enter your Google Account password in order to use it once more. Take a look at device protection options
Search for “find my phoneongoogle.com” if you’ve linked your phone to Google, and you’ll be able to locate and call it. Using an application, locate
- Open theFind My Device app on another Android phone or tablet to locate your device. If the other device does not currently have the app, download it from Google Play
- Sign in
- And you’re done.
- If you’ve misplaced your own device, hit Continue as
- If you’re assisting a friend, touch Sign in as guest and allow your buddy to sign in.
- Continue with the same steps as outlined above. Carry on with the steps
- Prepare to locate a misplaced phone
- Set the screen lock to no longer be visible. Make a note of important information and save it on your lock screen. Control the location settings on your phone
- You are unable to sign into your Google Account
Was this information useful? What can we do to make it better?
How to Track a Samsung Phone
Have you misplaced your Samsung mobile phone and are attempting to recover it despite all odds? If anything like this had happened some years ago, it would have been difficult to locate your cell phone. However, nowadays, there are a variety of options for locating your misplaced Samsung cellphone. It’s possible that you’ll wish to track out the location of someone else’s Samsung phone. In many cases, this is done to guarantee that one’s children are in a safe environment, to ensure that one’s spouse is not being cheated on, and to ensure that one’s employees are not going outside of their workplace during working hours, among other reasons.
Of course, the free approaches that we are going to propose have their own set of constraints, which will be discussed further in the next section.
- Find My Device may be used to locate a Samsung phone belonging to someone else. Find My Mobile allows you to retrieve Samsung data. Track the location of a phone by using the target’s telephone number
- KidsGuard Pro for Android – Phone Tracking App allows you to track your Samsung phone.
Find Someone’s Samsung Phone Using Find My Device
A service called Find My Device is accessible for any Android device, including Samsung smartphones. This function can only be used if the Find My Device app on your Samsung phone has been given permission to view your location. For more information on how to monitor a Samsung phone remotely using Find My Device, please see the procedures listed below. Before attempting to locate a phone using this approach, you must first ensure that the phone you are looking for has the location feature switched on and that you have the Google account associated with the target phone in your memory.
If you are unsure about any of these two requirements, I recommend that you utilize Methods 3 or 4 in this article instead.
- Step 1: From any Android device, browse to the following address: The second step is to log in with the credentials of the account that is currently logged in on your Samsung phone. Choosing the Samsung phone from the list of devices associated with the same account is the third step. Step 4: If you have previously enabled the location feature on your Samsung phone, you will be able to view its current location on a map at this point.
This video demonstrates how simple it is to locate your Samsung smartphone or the location of another person’s Samsung device using the Find My Device feature.
Retrieve Samsung Data via Find My Mobile
Samsung provides a built-in function called Find My Mobile that allows you to simply determine the position of your phone. It is available only on Samsung devices. This function assists a user in locating their phone in the event that it is misplaced or stolen. In order for this feature to function, the Find My Mobile feature on your phone must be enabled. If you have previously completed this step, you may proceed to the next stage to learn how to track a Samsung Galaxy phone using Find My Mobile by following the instructions listed below.
You have the option to pick the path that best suits your needs.
- Step 1: Go to any Samsung store and visit
- The second step is to sign in with the login credentials of the account that is currently active on the lost or stolen Samsung phone. Step 3: From the list of available devices, select the Samsung phone to which you desire to gain access. Step 4: The location of the selected phone will be displayed on a map at this point. Step 5:
Apart from the position of the phone, you can even lock the phone, make it ring loudly, delete all the data on it, unlock the phone, and recover the text messages and call records on the Samsung phone. This approach, like the last one, would only work if you had already switched on the location feature on your Samsung phone before attempting it.
Track Phone’s Location by Target’s Telephone Number
Due to the fact that both of the aforementioned ways rely on the target’s Samsung phone’s location being enabled, you will need to look into additional possibilities for tracking the position of the target’s Samsung phone. Using the phone number of the target phone, you may even determine the position of the phone. With the input of a Samsung phone number, several web portals provide the service of determining its position. To get started, all you have to do is input your phone number and press enter.
Although this procedure is simple, it is not particularly accurate.
Furthermore, some of these web portals are scammers, and they utilize this method to obtain your information and exploit it in an unethical manner.
Track Samsung Phone UsingKidsGuard Pro for Android
Because of this, as you may have noticed above, the approaches outlined before are not helpful in all likely cases. If you want to get beyond the limits of the methods described above, you can utilize KidsGuard Pro instead of them. This software has a number of useful capabilities, including the ability to track the position of another person’s phone. Features
- Track the real-time location of the target’s device
- Pinpoint the location of the target’s device on a map
- Geofencing allows you to create virtual limits. Access the location history of your phone
- Recognize the timestamp for every place
- It takes less than 3 minutes to install on the target device and remains undetectable. This feature provides a precise real-time position of the target device and allows for remote location tracking. Each and every one of the target device’s location information is updated in real time
Following your understanding of the fundamental functionalities of KidsGuard Pro for Android, why not clickdemotry it out for yourself? I am confident that you will discover many more great capabilities in this tool.
Steps to track Samsung phone using KidsGuard Pro
Learn how to track the position of a Samsung phone using KidsGuard Pro by following the instructions outlined below. Step 1: Sign up for a KidsGuard Pro account with your valid email address and choose a package that suits your needs. Step 2: Make all of the necessary adjustments to the target phone’s settings and then install the app on the phone. The website’s instructions will walk you through the process of concealing the application on the target phone. 3. Log in to KidsGuard Pro’s online dashboard using any other device and pick Position from the options accessible on the left.
Are you still unsure about how to go about installing it?
If you follow these three basic steps, you can simply track the location of a Samsung phone using theKidsGuard Proapplication. You just have to install it once, and you won’t have to worry about losing your phone, and you may be able to ensure the safety of your child when traveling.
Is it feasible to trace the location of a Samsung smartphone? If you ever find yourself in a position where you need to track the location of your phone or the location of someone else’s phone, you may utilize the methods listed above to accomplish your goal successfully. If you want to follow the position of the target phone as accurately and efficiently as possible, KidsGuard Pro is the finest option out of all of the ways listed above. In addition to enhanced location tracking capabilities, this is a highly recommended app.
Please keep in mind that certain outbound links may include affiliate tracking tags, and AndroidGuys may get income if you make a purchase through one of these links.
As an Amazon Associate, we receive a commission on qualifying purchases made via our links.
Do You Know How to Track a Samsung Phone? Check These 3 Easy Methods
Did you know that Samsung is the world leader in digital technology, notably in terms of the number of mobile phones expected to be sold by the end of the decade? The corporation sold around 112.5 million devices to end-users in the first two quarters of the year. As a result, it’s no surprise that your children use their Samsung phones to socialize at all hours of the day and night. Despite the fact that mobile technology have brought convenience to people’s lives, these gadgets have also become a source of considerable risk.
Why and How to Track a Samsung Phone of Your Kid
In addition to what has already been stated, children may get into trouble even while they are in the room next door to you. As they like spending time on social media and adding new friends to their accounts, online predators utilize Tinder, Snapchat,Kik, and other applications to befriend young people. In most situations, maniacs don’t even need to appear to be teens Since youngsters happily connect with all types of individuals, regardless of age. What’s more, kids may sext with strangers and exchange personal stuff, if a new “friend” invites them to do so.
Very often, the internet boom turns physical, as predators can persuade minors to meet up in reality.
If your child is depressed but says you nothing, this is a tell-tale indicator that they’re being harassed by someone.
That’s why you need an alternate means to find out the truth, such as monitoring your kid’s online activities and tracking their movements. In this post, you can learn 3 proven techniques to locate your kid’s Samsung phone and prevent them from getting into trouble. Keep on reading to find out more.
1. How to Track a Samsung Phone Remotely with mSpy
As a result, you now understand how to locate a Samsung smartphone utilizing phone tracking services provided by Samsung and Google. However, keep in mind that having your child’s account details is required for both approaches. Sometimes, though, this is not an option, particularly if your child is the secretive kind. If, on the other hand, you consider utilizing a parental control program, such as mSpy, you won’t have to be concerned about accessing your child’s personal account on the internet.
A variety of valuable monitoring options are available depending on the mSpy membership type that you choose, including the following:
- Calls are being monitored both incoming and outgoing
- Viewing text messages that have been received, sent, and deleted
- Keeping an eye on Snapchat, Facebook, Tinder, Kik, and other social media applications
- Examining the media files that have been delivered and received
- Viewing the history of your browser sessions and bookmarks Seeing events on a calendar and making notes on them
To begin monitoring your child’s phone, you only need to follow a few basic steps:
- Go to TomSpy.com and choose a membership plan
- Sign up for a free account with your relevant email address. Follow the installation instructions that have been provided to your email address. Log into your mSpy Control Panel and choose the monitored device to be tracked. Start keeping an eye on things.
If you have any problems concerning mSpy installation or how to use the software, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service staff. Additionally, if you want remote assistance with the installation of the program, you might consider purchasing mAssistance.
2. Find My Mobile for Samsung
If your child has a Samsung and you need to track out their whereabouts, you may utilize a unique tool designed just for Samsung customers. Find My Mobile is a service that lets you find a phone and protect the data on it in the event that it is stolen. Furthermore, you may utilize the service to unlock your phone from a remote location. Before utilizing the service, make sure that the data backup feature on the targetSamsung device has been enabled on the device. For peace of mind that your child has switched it on, access their phone and go toSettings, tapLock Screen & Security, then clickFind My Mobile to see if they have done so.
You should follow these instructions if you need to locate your child’s Samsung phone:
- Open your browser and navigate to the following URL: Find My Mobile
- Access your child’s Samsung account by signing in with your own. Choose the appropriate device from the drop-down menu
- Wait for the system to load the phone’s current location before proceeding. If nothing happens, this indicates that the phone has been switched off. When the phone is turned on, you can see the current position as well as the battery level.
In addition to tracking down your child’s whereabouts, Find My Mobile gives you the ability to lock and unlock the device from a distance, wipe and back up the data, and retrieve missed calls and text messages from the device. The list of available interactions is determined by the type of Samsung phone that your child is using.
3. Find My Device for Android
Despite the fact that the vast majority of smartphone users use Samsung phones that run on Android, there are instances in which a device operates on a different operating system. You should bear in mind that the Find My Handset service is only available for Android smartphones if you wish to search down a Samsung device utilizing it. In order to begin monitoring a Samsung phone using this approach, do the following steps:
- Open your browser and navigate to the Find My Device page as follows: Connect to an individual’s Google account or provide the email address and password that were used to register the monitored phone. Select the appropriate device from the drop-down menu
- Begin tracing down the place
Keep in mind that the Samsung phone you’re targeting should be turned on. If you do not do so, you will not be able to view any location information.
In conclusion, there are three effective and legal ways to monitor your child’s device and, in the event that your Galaxy phone is lost or stolen, to track down and locate it. MSpy, on the other hand, comes highly recommended if you want a slew of useful monitoring capabilities in your parenting toolbox. Because the app operates in stealth mode, it is unlikely that your child will become aware of its presence. Even if they do, you will be notified immediately and will be able to quickly reinstall it.
Carla L. Hirsch is a writer, editor, and journalist who lives in New York City. She has worked as a staff writer for numerous journals in the United States for the last five years. However, she eventually made the decision to devote her life to traveling and freelance writing.
Stolen or lost Android phone? Here’s how to find it and get it back as fast as possible
Make the necessary preparations immediately so that you can easily locate your misplaced Android phone. CNET photo by Sarah Tew Not to be excessively dramatic, but I believe that the sinking sensation that comes over you when you realize your Androidphone is missing is one of the worst feelings a person can have. Our phones are innately personal, containing our innermost secrets and most sensitive information, and they should be treated as such. When you include in the reality that losing a phone is a pricey event, the sensation becomes much more intense.
Almost every Android phone comes with utilities pre-installed that allow you to easily encrypt your information and hunt down your misplaced phone.
In the event that your phone goes lost, or even if you leave it at home, there are a few actions you should do immediately to position yourself for success.
Get professional advice on how to use your phone, computer, smart home devices, and other devices. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days for delivery. I’ll guide you through all of the actions you can and should take right now, as well as what you should do if your phone goes missing in the next sections. Currently playing: Keep an eye out for this: How to track down your misplaced Android phone 3:01
Take a few minutes to prepare now
It doesn’t take much time to swipe through a few different settings panes and make sure that the appropriate switches are switched on, or that you’re signed into the appropriate services, on your smartphone. Believe me when I say that future you will appreciate you for taking 5 minutes to complete the following task.
Create a secure lock screen
Make a courtesy of yourself and enable passcode and fingerprint authentication. Another favor you can do for yourself is to refrain from using face recognition on your Android device. With something as basic as a snapshot of your face, the facial recognition system on most Android smartphones may be easily deceived into believing you are someone else. The Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL from Google are the exceptions to this rule, since they employ a more dependable technology that is comparable to Apple’s Face ID.
Even though I understand that having to scan your fingerprint or enter a PIN code every time you want to use your phone might be cumbersome, the thought of someone having access to your images, banking applications, email, and the rest of your personal information is quite unsettling.
When you consider the potential consequences of revealing your personal information to a stranger, taking the extra step to unlock your phone is well worth the effort. More information may be found at: If you have misplaced your iPhone, follow these three steps right away.
Set up Google’s Find My Device service, regardless of who makes your phone
Check to see whether Google’s Find My Device feature is enabled. Photographs courtesy of Jason Cipriani/CNET The Find My Smartphone feature on an Android device is automatically enabled once you sign into the device with a Google account. If your phone ever goes lost, you’ll be able to track it down using Google’s free Find My Device service, which also allows you to remotely lock and wipe it. Check to see whether Find My Device is activated on your Android phone by opening theSettingsapp and selectingSecurityLocationFind My Device from the drop-down menu.
The Find My Device feature should be enabled.
For a last check, visit android.com/find on your computer, choose your phone, and clickSet Up SecureErase to ensure that the option to secure and remotely delete the device has been enabled.
Have a Samsung phone? There are two different services you should check
Providing that you’ve logged into your Samsung account using a Galaxy phone, you should be fine to go. To be safe, it’s a good idea to double-check everything. Photographs courtesy of Jason Cipriani/CNET Owners of Samsung Galaxy phones have long been able to use the company’s Find My Mobile service to locate their misplaced devices. The service, which is distinct from Google’s Find My Device offering, is something you can – and should – set up on your own. This service not only provides backup services that may be used to hunt down a misplaced phone, but it also provides additional features that Find My Device does not provide.
- To set up Find My Mobile, you’ll need to sign in with your Samsung account.
- When a lost device is recovered, the new function works in a similar way to Apple’s Find My iPhone app by crowdsourcing its position, even if it is offline, and notifying neighboring Galaxy devices to hunt for its Bluetooth signal and report its location if it is found.
- It’s not a bad idea to use Google’s device monitoring service in addition to both of Samsung’s device tracking services.
- After that, navigate to Biometrics and security.
- If you signed into your Samsung account during the initial setup, Find My Mobile should have already been enabled for you.
- SmartThings Find will, well, assist you in the location of your device.
- As long as you’re using the most recent version of the SmartThings app, the setup procedure should be completed automatically.
- Once I did that, the main page of the SmartThings app displayed a map showing the last location of myGalaxy Buds($70 on eBay) and other Samsung devices that are linked to my account below the map.
- You’ll see a map showing the locations of all of your Find-enabled devices after you’ve completed this step.
- Of course, if you misplace your phone, you’ll have to use another device to access the SmartThings app in order to find your lost or stolen device.
As soon as you’ve found the position of your missing smartphone, you’ll see a More Optionsbutton that will lead you to Samsung’s Find My Mobile service, where you can use the settings to lock down your device, remotely backup your data, or even completely destroy it.
How to lock down, track a lost or stolen Android phone
Using the Find My Device website, you may make a sound, lock your phone, or wipe it. Jason Cipriani/CNET contributed this screenshot. One thing you must know while using Android’s built-in service is that it is not a standalone service. android.com/find. In the unfortunate case that you misplace your phone, that website will direct you to the appropriate authorities. Make sure you login in with the same Google account that you used to set up your Android phone in the first place. You’re not in close proximity to a computer?
- Google will attempt to find your phone as soon as you check in to the website or app, no matter where you are.
- Use the option on the left-hand side of the Find My Device website to play a sound (this is especially useful if you’ve misplaced your device in your house), lock down your device, or completely delete your device.
- Don’t worry, you can still find your phone even after it has been locked.
- After using the Erase Device option, you will no longer be able to trace down where your phone has gone.
- It’s not possible to trace your phone until it’s turned back on and has a cellular or Wi-Fi connection, which may be many hours after the theft occurs.
- Once you’ve located your phone, you’ll be prompted to enter your PIN or passcode in order to obtain entry.
- You may also be required to enter into your Google account in order to authenticate that you are the one who is accessing the phone – you do not need to turn anything off in the Find My Device app in order to accomplish this.
What to do if you have a Samsung phone
Samsung’s Find My Mobile application provides a plethora of options for locating and controlling a misplaced smartphone. Jason Cipriani/CNET contributed this screenshot. Samsung Owners of Samsung Galaxy devices have the option of utilizing either Google or Samsung’s respective services to track down a misplaced smartphone, but I recommend using Samsung’s service instead. As you’ll see in the next sections, the additional features are really useful. You must go to findmymobile.samsung.com in order to track down a misplaced handset using Samsung’s service.
- Sign in with your Samsung account, and then choose your misplaced device from the list on the left side of the page to begin the recovery process.
- Locking the phone will display a customized message on the lock screen, suspend your Samsung Pay cards, and prevent the phone from being shut off.
- If you ever lose your phone for good, you’ll want to make sure you have a recent backup of it.
- When this function is enabled, your phone will be tracked every 15 minutes.
- This will turn off practically everything on your phone except for location tracking.
Samsung’s Find My Device service is quite similar to Google’s Find My Device service in that it only prompts you to enter your PIN once your phone has been located. This eliminates the need for you to return to the website and disable any of the tracking elements.
Life Pro Tip: Don’t confront thieves
It is not recommended that you attempt to reclaim your phone yourself if it has been stolen and you have been able to trace its whereabouts. It is possible that you or someone else may get injured as a result of your actions, and despite the fact that a phone is essential, it is not worth it. Instead, call your local police enforcement and inform them that you require assistance in locating a lost or stolen phone that you have been able to track to a precise location on a map.
Unable to retrieve your phone? Contact your carrier, file an insurance claim
As soon as you understand you won’t be getting your phone back, contact your carrier to make a claim with your insurance company. CNET photo by Sarah Tew As soon as it becomes apparent that you will not be able to recover your phone, call your wireless carrier and report your phone as lost or stolen. This will cause the phone to be blacklisted from the carrier’s database, making it impossible for another user to use it. As soon as you contact, your service provider will wish to suspend your account as well.
If you’re still following your missing phone, bear in mind that you’ll lose your mobile connection to it, and unless the phone has somehow been registered on a Wi-Fi network, you won’t be able to track it any more.
Obtaining the start of the insurance claim procedure through your carrier will most likely result in you being referred to the third-party insurance provider that will replace your phone.
We pray you never have to experience the emotional roller coaster that comes with losing a phone, hunting it down, and attempting to recover it.
Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) (J320A) – Find My Mobile
Wireless Support, Device Support, Security, and Find My Mobile are all available. You can manage your smartphone in a safe manner using Find My Mobile, which allows you to track and control your device from a distance. INSTRUCTIONSINFO
- GET ACCESS TO FIND MY MOBILE: Swipe down from the Notification bar and pick theSettings symbol on the far right. It’s important to note that Find My Mobile allows you to manage your smartphone in a safe manner by tracking and controlling your device from a distance. Please see the Samsung Find My Mobile website for further information. Select Lock screen and security from the drop-down menu. ChooseFind My Mobile from the drop-down menu. Select theAdd symbol next to Add account
- Fill out the Account details
- And then selectSIGN IN to complete the process. Please keep in mind that you must have a Samsung account in order to use this function. To login into your account, simply follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted to sign in, select CREATE ACCOUNT from the drop-down menu
- Otherwise, pick SIGN IN from the drop-down menu. To enable the Find My Mobile functionality, toggle the Remote Controls switch to the on position. ON ANOTHER DEVICE, I COULD NOT FIND MY MOBILE: If your device is lost or stolen, you may be able to track it down using another mobile phone or the internet to find it. To locate your device, open a web browser on your computer or phone and navigate to the Samsung Find My Mobile website. After you have entered your account details, click onSIGN IN. When you turn on Find My Mobile, it will instantly begin searching for your smartphone. CONTROL THE DEVICE FROM A DISTANCE: For 5 minutes, selectRING TO MY DEVICE to have the device ring at full volume, regardless of whether it is set to quiet or vibration mode. To lock the device with a new password, selectLOCK MY DEVICE from the menu bar. SelectWIPE MY DEVICE to completely erase all of the information stored on the device.
Did you get the help you needed?
Great! We’re delighted to have been of assistance. 0/500 We sincerely apologize if this did not resolve your issue. 0/500
Thanks for your feedback!
Samsung Visit the website of the company that makes your gadget. SamsungcommunityFAQs, forums, and other resources are available. Manual de l’utilisateur Here are the entire instructions, specifications, and other information about your gadget. Device should be upgraded. Examine your eligibility for an upgrade. Support via wireless technology Get assistance with your wireless device, plan, and other issues.