- 1 Find your Samsung TV’s model number and menu information
- 2 How To Find Your Samsung TV Model Number
- 3 Locating The Model Number on Samsung TV
- 4 Difference Between Model Number and Serial Number
- 5 Why Do You Need a Model Number?
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 How to check the model of Samsung TV
- 8 How to Find the Model Number on Samsung TVs
- 9 Two Ways of Finding It
- 10 But, What Exactly Is the Model Number?
- 11 Model Code Decoded
- 12 Samsung TV Serial Number Check
- 13 Decoding Samsung TV Serial Number
- 14 Samsung TV Serial Number Warranty Check
- 15 Samsung TV models number 2002-2022 lookup, decode explained LED, QLED, LifeStyle
- 16 Samsung model number 2008-2022 what does the model number mean
- 17 History of changes in Samsung TV model numbers
- 18 Samsung TV model number lookup, how to find the model number of your Samsung TV
- 19 New model numbers, Samsung TVs 2017-2021 Full HD, UHD
- 20 Old Model Number Samsung TVs 2008 – 2016 Full HD, UHD
- 21 Decoding example of TV model number UN43TU8000FXZA Samsung
- 22 Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2021
- 23 Samsung TV Model Number The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero Series
- 24 How to check Samsung TV model
- 25 2020 Samsung TVs
- 26 2019 Samsung TVs
- 27 2018Samsung TVs
- 28 2017Samsung TVs
- 29 2016Samsung TVs
- 30 Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- 31 Samsung TV model year codes
- 32 Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
- 33 How to Tell the Model Year of Your Samsung TV
- 34 How to Find the Model Number of Your Samsung TV?
- 35 Understanding Model Numbers Before 2017
- 36 Understanding Model Numbers After 2017
- 37 What About QLED Samsung TVs?
- 38 Decoding Can Be Fun!
- 39 How to Find Samsung TV Model? [The Fun in Decoding it]
- 40 The Evolution of Samsung TVs
- 41 What Is the Purpose of Samsung Model Numbers?
- 42 2 Ways to Locate your Samsung Serial Number
- 43 Decoding your Samsung Model Numbers (Secrets Revealed)
- 44 What is the best way to determine the model of a Samsung television?
- 45 Conclusion
- 46 Frequently Asked Questions
A Samsung representative from Best Buy will contact you to arrange a time for you to try out the Galaxy S10.
A Samsung salesperson at Best Buy can arrange for you to have a personal presentation of your next galaxy device.
Our Samsung agent would want to learn more about you so that they may better help you in the future.
- I accept to receive information from Samsung, including special offers and promotions.
- We look forward to seeing you soon!
- If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+, you will receive a free 6-month subscription to Spotify Premium.
- This displays useful information if you ever need to verify the serial number of your television, determine the current software version of your television, or view other information about your television.
- All of the critical information about your television is conveniently located on one screen.
- SelectAbout this TV(orContact Samsung) to open the page, which is divided into three sections: contact information, product information, and information about the Smart Hub.
- Website: Visit Samsung support to look up any feature you’re interested in learning more about. Phone number: If you need to talk with a representative, you may reach out to them at any time of day or night.
Instantaneous access to product-specific information
- Model Code: Confirm the model type of your television, which contains information such as the country of origin and screen size
- Model Code: Serial Number: Look for the unique manufacturer serial number of your television. Software Version: Displays the type of software that is presently installed
- Error messages are shown using a numerical number, which is called the status code. Specify the name of the implanted microchip in the Sub-micom Version field. This is an electronic version of the manual that contains a troubleshooting guide for various functions and settings. MAC Address (Wired): Verify the Ethernet address of the network device. The wireless MAC address is used to identify the network address of the television. Addresses for Bluetooth devices are used to connect speakers or headphones wirelessly. Intelligent Bluetooth MAC Address: Displays the network address of the physical remote control. Smart Control Battery Status: Keep track of the percentage of battery life remaining in the Smart Control remote. Check the number of mobile devices that have Ambient Auto turned on
- This option displays an image or a timestamp while the screen is not in use.
Information on individual channels and apps from the Smart Hub
- Unique ID: Obtain the identification number for the Smart Hub features that you are using. Unique Device ID: Displays the unique identification number for your device. Netflix ESN: You may see the electronic serial number that Netflix uses to identify your television.
If you want to see the open-source license or the QR code, there are two extra options at the bottom of the page that you may click on. When you are finished, selectCancel from the menu.
Other answers that might help
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2021. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them. The information and entertainment given in the preceding section is strictly for your enjoyment and informational purposes only.
- All of the information included within this document is subject to change without notice.
- With the Shop Samsung App, you can check out quickly and easily.
- Alternatively, you may continue buying on Samsung.com.
- Free standard delivery, special deals, and financing options are all available.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
How To Find Your Samsung TV Model Number
In most cases, we may not have given it a second thought when it came to looking for the model number on our television. Despite what one may expect, Samsung has put more attention into the model number than one might expect. There are a variety of methods for obtaining this model number, depending on what is most convenient for you. The model number on your Samsung television may tell you a lot about where your television comes from, what generation it is, what nation it was designed for, and much more.
Locating The Model Number on Samsung TV
Samsung has been manufacturing televisions since 1969. In recent years, they have developed a more extensive line of televisions to meet the needs of a broader spectrum of customers. In order to keep production and retail operations structured, the model number is positioned in the same positions for all models introduced since the year 2002. There are several different spots where the model number may be found, which are given below. The following are the actions to take in order to get the model number.
- Access the Settings menu on the TV by using the remote control
- Choose “Support” from the drop-down menu
- Then choose “About This TV.” This will then display the model number of the television, as well as other pertinent information about the television.
Model Number Locations
The model number of the television may be found on the back of the device. Keep an eye out for a sticker on the back of the television. It will be in close proximity to other numbers, such as the device serial number. This is useful if you are unable to switch on the television or do not have easy access to the rear of the television. If the sticker has been removed or the model number cannot be seen on the back of the television, the model number can be found within the television’s software.
The Tizen operating system has been used by Samsung on all of its Smart TV models since 2015, which means that all models will have a very similar, if not the exact same, method of searching through the device.
Looking at the original receipt from when you made the purchase is another approach to figure out what model number you have. It can also be found on the original box that the television was sent in.
Difference Between Model Number and Serial Number
There are several important distinctions between a model number and a serial number to be aware of. Things is critical to get it correctly in order to avoid mistakes.
Samsung TVs are all identified by a model number that is the same for each model that is made. If you acquire two identical televisions, the model numbers of each will be the same. The characters in the model number may appear to be produced at random during manufacture, but they actually have a far deeper meaning and were purposefully chosen. Each character has a very particular function inside the model number and is distinguished by this. There is a lot of information about your device that can be gleaned from Samsung TV models.
In addition, Samsung has a help page that provides more information on what each combination of numbers and characters represents.
Additional codes linked with the item are represented by the term “serial number.” Essentially, the serial number is a unique series of letters and/or numbers that is assigned to each individual item. The serial numbers on two identical televisions will be different, but the model numbers will be the same if you purchase them from the same retailer. This is used for a variety of purposes other than seeking up model information, such as checking up warranty information or wanting to have the item repaired.
Why Do You Need a Model Number?
The model number was produced by Samsung for a variety of functions, including identification. Consider the following examples of why knowing your model number is crucial and beneficial to have on hand.
- Retailers utilize this for organization and to ensure that you receive the correct television when you make a purchase. If you want Samsung to service your device, you’ll need to provide them with the model number. If you sale the television, the purchaser will be able to search up the model number to find out more information about their purchase. If your television does not have automatic updates, you will need to know the model number in order to get the updates from the internet. If you are purchasing a new television, you may cross-reference your existing model number with the model number of the new television you want to purchase to ensure that you are obtaining an updated version.
There are a multitude of methods for determining the model number of your television. It can also assist you in locating information about the item that you are seeking for or in discovering information about the device that you were previously unaware of. You may get the model information and other information that may be relevant to your search by simply looking at the back of your television or going into the device settings.
How to check the model of Samsung TV
Developed by the Samsung Group, one of the world’s most well-known and successful corporations, the world’s first television was released in 1970. In 2008, the firm was in its ninth quarter as the world’s leading television producer, thirty-eight years after it was founded. It’s no surprise that they can keep up with their models when they have a production line like that. Almost every family or company has at least one Samsung television, yet few people are able to identify the precise model that they have.
There are a few methods for determining the model number of your Samsung televisions, both non-smart and smart.
How to check?
The quickest and most straightforward method of determining the model of your Samsung TV is to examine the television set itself. The model code, as well as the serial number, are written on the right-hand side of the page in bold. You will find the model code on the back of your television set if it is an older model. If your television set is an older model, the model code will be on the back of your television set. If you happen to own a Smart TV (a television set that is connected to the internet), you may begin by turning on the television set to obtain the model and serial number of the television set.
The Model Code, Software Version, and lastly the Serial Number may all be found under the Product Information section.
The Model Code will be shown under Product Information in a pop-up screen that contains ‘About this TV’ information. If the pop-up window does not display, your 2019 Smart TV is not eligible for the promotion.
Understanding your Samsung TV’s model number
A model number is a designation that Samsung assigns to each television in order to make it easier to recognize. You may use this code to determine where the television was manufactured, when it was introduced to the market, and which series it is a part of. It’s likely that when you look at the code on your screen, it will fly straight over your head because the numbers and characters appear to be so random. However, in reality, each digit does have a specific meaning, as is detailed below. At the very least, you’ll have a better understanding of the history of your television set.
- How would you go about knowing the story of the creature?
- UE – The European Union America and Korea are members of the United Nations.
- When a two-digit number follows, such as in this example, 65, it indicates the screen’s diagonal size in inches.
- R– 2019N– 2018M– 2017K– 2016 R– 2019N– 2018M– 2016 The number 7designates the series to which the television is assigned.
- F denotes a standard tuner, which is used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico; Gis denotes a Latin American tuner; while U, K, and Tstand denote the DVB average in Europe.
- Between 2016 and 2019, the way the model codes were designed changed from year to year, depending on the manufacturer.
- It had been before that the codes were distinct and did not expose the same information.
How to Find the Model Number on Samsung TVs
After a long period of searching for the ideal smart TV, you’ve finally narrowed your options down to one manufacturer: Samsung. It must be mentioned that this is an excellent pick, given how well Samsung Smart TVs appear to perform for the ordinary home viewer. However, despite all of the positive aspects of it, there are still certain concerns that are bothering you. Connecting Samsung TVs to soundbars, for example, is famously difficult due to the nature of the technology.
Alternatively, it’s possible that there is an underlying software problem that you are unable to resolve. Whatever the problem is, if it is significant, you will almost certainly want the model number of your television in order to resolve it. Here’s how to locate it on your Samsung television.
Two Ways of Finding It
There are two methods for determining the model number of your Samsung television. If your television is not a smart model, you may discover the model number on the back of the television. This is especially true for older television sets. When it comes to smart TVs, you may obtain the model number by utilizing the Samsung TV’s own software. But first, let’s take a look at how to locate the model number on a television.
For older models, turn the television over and look at the back for the model code and serial number. In most cases, it is printed on a little sticker that is placed next to the other characteristics of the television. Model code and serial number are put on top of each other in capital letters. Neither of these numbers is a single number but rather a mix of letters and digits. We’ll go into further detail about what they signify for Samsung televisions later in this article.
Using the built-in software on a Samsung smart TV, you may determine the model number of one of the company’s more recent models. Take your TV remote and press theMenubutton on the remote control. After that, select Support and then Contact Samsung. There will be a screen that displays the following message: If you are experiencing difficulties utilizing this device, please contact Samsung. You’ll find the contact information for Samsung’s customer service team just below this message. Following that, you’ll find theModel Code, which is located underneath theProduct Informationsection.
In addition, the Software Version and Serial Number of the television are listed.
The remote control’s Play/Pause button must be held down for a bit longer than seven seconds in order to work.
The Model Code may be found in theProduct Informationsection of the website.
But, What Exactly Is the Model Number?
As a result, you now understand how to identify the model number (or model code) of a Samsung television. It’s not difficult at all. But what use is it if it doesn’t tell you anything? The first few characters of the model number, often the first two, will tell you what market the television was designed for as well as what sort of display it is equipped with. For example, if the model number is UE55KS9000, the letters U and Ein denote the type of display and the region of operation, as appropriate.
The following two digits –55– are related to the screen size of the television.
Then there’s theKSportion, which relates to the brand of television.
Models in the 9000-model range are denoted by the following sequence of letters and numbers: 9000.
Regardless of their display size or technological characteristics, all Samsung televisions are grouped together under a series. This guide covers to the many types of Samsung televisions that were manufactured up to 2017.
Model Code Decoded
Following your reading of this article, we are certain that you will be able to effectively locate the model number of your Samsung television set. Please share your thoughts and experiences with utilizing a Samsung Smart TV by leaving a comment below. We appreciate you taking the time to provide comments.
How To Disable Hardware Acceleration in Google Chrome
Are you looking for a means to figure out what the serial number of your Samsung television is? The steps outlined here will demonstrate how to locate the Samsung TV serial number in the TV menu and analyze it to obtain information such as the manufacture date, factory location, and country. Furthermore, you may use this number to determine whether or not your Samsung TV is an original or authentic product, as well as to determine whether or not your TV is still under warranty. This serial number is used by Samsung service centers to determine whether or not your television is a genuine Samsung product.
Even if you contact their customer service staff to report an issue and receive assistance, they will require you to provide the serial number.
The solution may be found in the section below.
Samsung TV Serial Number Check
If you possess a Samsung gadget, there are four different ways to find out what the serial number of your phone or tablet is. When it comes to the serial number of the Samsung Smart TV, it may be found in four different locations. The S/N may be found on the TV purchase bill as well as on the carton container in which your TV was delivered when you purchased it when it was new. For this reason, we would examine the remaining four methods of obtaining the Samsung TV serial number, because most people tend to lose old receipts and discard big boxes.
Information Slip on the Samsung TV
Have you ever taken a peek at the back of your Samsung television? You’ll see a white information leaflet adhered to the wall. On it, you may quickly and conveniently verify the serial number of your television. In the case of a TV that has been placed on a wall, inspecting the back panel may be a time-consuming task. As a result, the most convenient method of doing a Samsung TV serial number check is through the TV’s settings menu.
- Then, using your TV remote, press the Home button, navigate to theSettings menu, and choose it. Open the Samsung TV’s settings menu. Navigate to theSupportAbout This TVoption and press the button. The serial number of your Samsung TV may be found in the About This TV panel, as seen in the screenshot below.
Decoding Samsung TV Serial Number
The serial number on Samsung televisions is made up of 15 alphanumeric characters that reveal a great deal more about your television than you may expect. We may categorize these 15 characters into seven groups. We may obtain some essential information, such as the manufacture date (month and date), the production site, and the nation in which the item was produced by using this method. If you are able to decipher the serial number of your Samsung television in the manner explained below, you may be confident that it is an original.
Not only can the model number provide information about your Samsung TV, but it may also provide information on the serial number.
The television has the model number Q60R on it. As you can see in the photos linked above, my television’s serial number is 07953NEM600767H, which corresponds to the model number. Let’s take a look at this serial number and see what it informs us about your television.
- Your Samsung TV’s serial number begins with the letters 0795, which reflect the factory or plant code where your television was built. Each character in this group of characters symbolizes a distinct provider, and they are as follows: 3:The manufacturer’s product code for smart TVs is represented by the fifth character, which in this case is 3. N:The country code where my Samsung TV was manufactured is represented by the sixth character in the serial number. My television was manufactured in India. The location of your television’s assembly may be determined by matching this character in the serial number of your television.
- Korean Peninsula: 1
- C: Mexico
- H: Hungary
- L: Russia
- N: India
- S: Slovenia
- W: China
- Korea Peninsula, Korea Peninsula
- For example, the seventh character in the series is the code for the assembly line in the plant where your television was manufactured. M: The eighth character in the Samsung serial number represents the year in which your television was produced. Samsung use the letter M for the year 2019
- X :2004
- A :2006
- L 2006
- P 2007 X Y X Y X A Y P X Y X Y P X Y X P X Y P X Y P X Y P X Y P X Y P X Y P X Y P X Y X Y X Y X P X Y P X P
- 6:The ninth character reflects the month and year in which your Samsung television was built. The number 6 in my television’s serial number indicates that it was manufactured in the month of June.
- 1: January
- 2: February
- 3: March
- 4: April
- 5: May
- 6: June
- 7: July
- 8: August
- 9: September
- A: October
- B: November
- C: December
- 1: January
- In the end, the last six characters represent the actual serial number of your Samsung television. It consists of information such as the final platform of the conveyor platform where the television was manufactured and the code of the employee who signed off on the television as having passed the QC (quality control) test. It goes without saying that this type of information is of no benefit to us as end consumers.
What You Should Know About Deleting Samsung TV Pre-Installed Apps
Samsung Manufacturing Date Code Table
If you are only interested in finding out when your Samsung TV was manufactured, you may search for the 8th and 9th characters of your TV’s serial number in the table below.
Samsung TV Serial Number Warranty Check
Samsung, on the other hand, has a global platform where you can check the warranty status of its goods, such as phones, tablets, and televisions. For those who live in the United States of America or Canada, you may check the warranty status of your Samsung phone or TV online by inputting the IMEI or serial number into the search bar. Obtain warranty information from Samsung by visiting their official warranty information page, entering the IMEI (for phones) or the serial number (for other goods), and clicking on theSearchbutton.
All of Samsung’s CTV, LED, LCD, and PDP televisions are covered by a 12-month guarantee, which is standard.
Simply supply them with the serial number of your Samsung television and they will determine whether or not your television is covered by warranty.
Samsung TV models number 2002-2022 lookup, decode explained LED, QLED, LifeStyle
Samsung TVs for the year 2021: The model number structure of Samsung televisions has remained unchanged. What has changed is that the model number for the 2021 televisions will have a new designation for the year of development, which is the letter A. This is a shift from the previous year’s model number. It should be noted that the letter A was also used for TVs in 2008, but the format of the model number was somewhat different, making it difficult to mistake the 2008 and 2021 television models.
- What do the model numbers on Samsung televisions actually mean?
- It’s a rather straightforward process that will allow you to simply navigate through the wide range of Samsung television models available.
- QLED, Crystal, and regular TVs are distinguished by the way their model numbers are formed, as is another principle of model number formation.
- With time, the identification of television model numbers has evolved.
- The introduction of a new method of television model numbering took place in 2008.
The labeling is also updated on a regular basis to reflect the introduction of conceptually innovative televisions on the market. However, the core information included in the model number has not changed significantly since 2008.
Samsung model number 2008-2022 what does the model number mean
What does the model number of a Samsung television mean? – It is the manufacturer’s code that has been allocated to the television, and it is used to identify the television. This number provides information about the location for which the TV was manufactured as well as information about the year in which the TV model was designed and sales began, the screen type, the model number, and the kind of digital tuners on the television. In addition, what series the television set is a part of is mentioned.
History of changes in Samsung TV model numbers
- 2002-2007: Samsung TV model numbers were assigned based on the idea of segmentation into types, such as flat TFT, plasma, and kinescope. The year 2008 saw the introduction of a new sort of identification for television model numbers. The year of creation, the kind of digital tuners, and the design of the television are all indicated by the model number. A new certification for QLED televisions has been created for the 2017-2018 model year. New for 2018 is a new classification for special series TVs of the The Frame type from the LifeStyle brand, which is “The Frame Special Series.” A change in the model number of a television set in conjunction with the start of manufacturing of television sets with 8K displays is planned for 2019.
Commercial TVs, hospital televisions, and hotel televisions are all assigned model numbers according to a whole distinct set of rules. However, due to the fact that they represent a very modest market share in contrast to consumer televisions, we will not take them into consideration at this time.
Samsung TV model number lookup, how to find the model number of your Samsung TV
Yes, this is an intriguing issue, since not everyone understands how to locate the model number of a television. However, practically everyone is aware that the model number of a television can be found on the box, which is advantageous if the television is still in its original packaging. However, if you need to find out the model number of your television a few years after you purchase it, no one will likely keep the box from your television for several years. As a result, tracking for the model number may be quite an exciting endeavor.
You can find the model number of your TV in several ways
- Yes, this is an intriguing issue, since not everyone understands how to locate the model number of a television. However, practically everyone is aware that the model number of a television can be found on the box, which is advantageous if the television is still in its factory packing. In the event that the model number of your television is required several years after you purchase it, no one will likely preserve the box from your television for several years. As a result, locating the model number might be a really enjoyable exercise.
- Samsung televisions manufactured before to 2016. To do so, navigate to the settings menu. Open the Menu (by pressing the menu button on the remote control) and select Support Contact Samsung. The Model Code field will display the TV model
- New Samsung TV models from 2016 onwards will display the Model Code field. The following menu items are available: Support
- About this TV
- If you have access to the rear of the television, you will be able to view the model number of the television on the information label
- Otherwise, you will not be able to see the model number of the television. Investigate your television box (if you still have one) or seek for the purchase receipt to find out what model it is. Under addition, the model number of the television may be found in the service (engineering) menu.
New model numbers, Samsung TVs 2017-2021 Full HD, UHD
The model number of the television changed a little between 2017 and 2018. The designation of the model number is standardized and executed in a manner similar to the determination of the model number of the QLED television. Samsung incorporates a complete range of tuners into their televisions (depending on the standards adopted in the country). There is no requirement to identify the sort of tuners that have been installed in connection with them. Samsung televisions, sorted by model number, are expected to be available in 2018-2022.
Old Model Number Samsung TVs 2008 – 2016 Full HD, UHD
Until 2017, LED TVs (both Full HD and Ultra HD) had a digital tuner indicator to identify which digital tuners were installed on the TV. The screen resolution and the type of matrix installed were also separated into several categories. As a result, this marking is no longer utilized because Samsung today only uses two types of LED and QLED matrices in TVs, as well as a complete set of tuners. Samsung TVs with an old model number from 2008 to 2016 Look at what the Samsung LED TV model number implies and what technological specifications are represented in the model number.
Decoding example of TV model number UN43TU8000FXZA Samsung
Without a doubt, the initial letters of the model number represent the region for which the television was manufactured, not the nation in which the television was produced.
- U– the emblem of the company’s product (a television)
- Each Samsung product is designated by a different letter of the alphabet. Televisions in Germany are labeled with the letter G as the initial letter. For example, in this scenario, E represents the region for which the television was made available on a worldwide scale without regard to a single nation
- Europe is represented by the letter E. N– North America, Korea, with the letter Q replacing N in 2018 for Korea
- A– Australia, Oceania, Asia, Africa, and Eastern Countries
- B– Europe
- C– Africa
- D– Europe
- E– Europe
- F– France
- G– Germany
- H– Hungary
- I– Italy
- J– Japan
- K– Korea
- L– Latin America
- M– Middle East
- L– North Africa
- N– Korea
- Q– Korea
- Q– Korea QLED TVs are exclusively available in Germany and Korea
- 43 is the diagonal screen size in inches.
The serial number of a Samsung television may be used to determine where the television was manufactured. Alternatively, you might refer to the sticker, which is positioned behind the television.
Samsung assembles TVs in the following countries.
Where are Samsung televisions assembled? –Samsung televisions for the United States, Canada, Mexico, and other countries in North and South America are assembled in Mexico. Europe Slovakia, Hungary, and Romania are the locations of Samsung TV assembly factories, and it is in these countries that TVs for Europe and the Middle East are manufactured. TELEVISIONS are manufactured in Russia for use in Russia and the former Soviet Union nations. Television sets are made in Malaysia, Korea (manufacturing of which halted in 2018), and China for distribution throughout Asia, Africa, and Oceania.
Learn how to locate the model number of a Samsung television You may find out more about television labeling up to 2008 by reading the part at the conclusion of the article:
How do i tell what year my Samsung TV is
What year was my Samsung television manufactured? You can tell it apart by the letter that appears in the model number following the diagonal size of the television set. It is usually a capital letter.
- T– the year in which the television was first sold or the year in which it was developed, but more accurately, the year in which T-2020 sales began
- BB– 2022, A– 2021, T– 2020, R– 2019 NR– 2018 N RM– 2017 K – 2016 J – 2015 H – 2014 F – 2013 E – 2012 D – 2011 C – 2010 BB– 2009 AA– 2008 BB– 2009 AA
- U– the television features a screen with Ultra High Definition (UHD) resolution
- 8– television series
- 5– TV model
- Generally speaking, the higher the number, the greater the functionality of the television
- 00– Television set design
- 00– Computer-aided design (CAD)
- 00– Computer-aided
What does FXZA mean on Samsung TV
- In accordance with the standard used in a specific nation, the kind of digital tuner is determined by F.
- F– ATSC/QAM standard used in the United States, Canada, and Mexico
- U, K, and T– DVB standard used in Europe
- G– Latin America
- X denotes design
- ZA denotes the region (country) for which the television was produced. ZA – United States
Samsung TV model numbers identification QLED 2017-2021
Since 2019, Samsung has altered the labeling of its QLED televisions in order to bring both LED and QLED televisions up to the same level of quality. When we look at the way QLED televisions are marked, we can see that the model number has been supplemented with the generation model identifier of the television model. In actuality, it is rarely employed, although it does occur occasionally, particularly in transitional television models. In addition, a character for 8K resolution televisions has been introduced.
An example of decoding the model number of a Samsung TV on quantum dots in 2019 QN65Q900RBFXZA
- QN65Q– everything is very obvious here
- This is the sort of quantum dot television that we are talking about. The diagonal size is 65 inches, and Q, once again, specifies that the television has a screen made of quantum dots.
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot technology
- N– A television designed for the Americas
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot technology
- Q– A television with a screen made using quantum dot 65– the size of the screen in inches
- Q– Quantum Dot Television
Changes from previous QLED TVs
- The model number can be represented by two or three numbers, for example, 900, indicating that there were several improvements to the TVs in the series. The Q90R and Q95R televisions are manufactured in Europe. Modifications were also seen in other television programs. Three numbers are emphasized on TVs that have an 8K resolution or above. As a result, the labeling of TVs with a resolution of 4K and 8K has been differentiated
- The description of screen type (curved or flat) has been removed. Perhaps Samsung will discontinue the manufacture of curved televisions in the near future. R– the same as for other television models, this denotes the year of development 2019
- A and B are the initials of the year 2019, and they stand for the television generation. As an illustration, consider the 900 series.
- A– the first generation of TVs did not have HDMI 2.1 ports
- B– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- C– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- D– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- E– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control is replaced with a 2019 model
- F– HDMI 2.1 ports are added, and the remote control S– Television series that are unique
- ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- U– DVB (Europe)
- G– ISDB-T (Latin America)
- T– 2 x DVB
- F– ATSC / QAM (USA, Canada)
- X denotes a modification in the design of the television
- ZA denotes the nation for which the television is being manufactured
Model number TV QLED Samsung 2017-2018
- Q denotes a television series
- N denotes the region for which the television series is created. 65 inches is the size of the screen. In Q7, the series designation is repeated once more only for marketing purposes
- C (F)-type televisions, either curved or flat
- N is the year in which sales first began
- A– the type of backlight that has been applied
- FXZA– an alphanumeric identification that may be used to determine the country the television is intended for, as well as the type of digital tuners
Samsung TV Model Number The Frame, The Serif, The Terrace, The Sero Series
TVs with a distinctive design or set of characteristics LifeStyle has been designated as a separate category by the company. A TV in the shape of a picture, a TV on high legs, a TV with a swivel screen, and a TV for terraces are all included in this collection. The Samsung TV LifeStyle series, which runs from 2018 through 2021, is described. Initially, TVs had a slightly different marking, for example, in 2017, UE65LS003AUXRU, but in 2018, the marking was altered, and a letter was added to indicate the year in which the television was developed, resulting in UE65LS03NAUXXU being released.
It is just the LifeStyle (LS) series and the type name of the television that have been coded.
- It is divided into five sections: 01– The Serif
- 03– The Frame
- 05– The Sero
- T7 and T9—The Terrace
- And 02– The Sero and T9—The Sero and Sero.
How to check Samsung TV model
On occasion, Samsung makes it possible to check the serial number of a television on their websites. However, due to the high number of televisions produced and the necessity to maintain the database up to date on a continual basis, this option will only be accessible for a limited time. As a result, we recommend that you verify the model number yourself. To accomplish this, look at the model year of your television. Check the date on which the television was manufactured. If the model of the television is, for example, 2019, the letter R should appear in the model number of the television.
It is conceivable that the manufacturing date may be somewhat delayed by several months throughout the period (04/01/2019 – 04/01/2020).
2020 Samsung TVs
By 2020, the vast majority of Samsung televisions will be fitted with new dual-backlit panels. One LED is white, while the other is blue, and so on. The visual quality of the image is improved as a result of this. Samsung has placed a strong emphasis on the sound quality. New technologies for improving the perception of sound have been developed.
2019 Samsung TVs
A new letter R was introduced in the branding of Samsung TVs in 2019, indicating that this model of television is being developed in 2019. If the letter R appears in the model number in the location of the letter designating the year of creation of the model (as shown above), this is a model of the 2019 television. In addition, they eliminated the letter that indicated whether a television was flat or curved from the designation of the model number of quantum dot televisions. Numbers are utilized instead of letters in this case.
There are two models available: the QN82Q60RAFXZA, which has a 4K screen resolution, and the QN75Q900RBFXZA, which has an 8K screen resolution. In addition, an improvement to the labeling of televisions based on quantum dots will be implemented in 2019.
Samsung kept the traditional TV labeling system in place, with the year the model was produced denoted by the letter N and the rest of the information remaining the same. As was predicted, the Super series was discontinued and replaced by the QLED series of televisions. In television sets, CPUs in the top-end TV sets of the 9th and 8th generations will be enhanced as compared to 2017. QLED TVs are distinguished by the addition of the letter N, which denotes the year in which the television was developed.
In 2017, Samsung made the decision to introduce a new line of QLED televisions with panels made of quantum dots. Furthermore, it is quite likely that the previously used identifier S will no longer be utilized in the designation of television models starting in 2017. The televisions themselves have stayed same from previous years, with the exception of an upgrade in processors, which allows the television to respond more quickly to orders and to respond more quickly to commands in general, as well as an improvement in the ways of connection.
However, in general, televisions are the same as they were in 2016.
In 2016, the labeling of televisions remained the same as in previous years, with the exception of the letter identifying the year in which the model was developed and when sales began.
Example decoding old model Samsung TV 2014
- LEDs are employed in the U-LED lighting system. U xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx UE 55 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- H – year TV H-2014
- UE 55 xxxxxxxxxxx UE55 H xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx A set of nine televisions (UE55H UXXXXXXXXXXXX) UE55HU 9 xxxxxx
- 000-modificationUE55HU9 000 x
- UE55HU 9 xxxxxx
- Two DVB-T2 / C / S2UE55HU9000 TV digital tuners with the letter T show that some of the TV digital tuners have the letter T.
Samsung TV model year codes
On 2012, the final digit in TVs, for example, UE55EH7000x, indicated a tuner installed; if the last digit is 0, the set T tuner is installed; if the last digit is 7, the T2 tuner is installed (2012.) Since 2013, the availability of digital tuners has been marked in two ways: one tuner is signified by the letters at the end of the marking, and the other tuners are denoted by the letters at the beginning of the marking. UE55F6650AB UE55F6650AB Europe
- In 2014, in the absence of an AB Tuner, DVB-T2 / C / S2 were labeled as AU
- AW-DVB-T / C
- AK-DVB-T2 / C
- AB-DVB-T2 / C
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C / S2
- AT-2 x DVB-T2 / C
Built-in digital tuners are referred to by a somewhat different nomenclature in several European nations.
- Tuners DVB-T2 / C / S2 x 2 are indicated by the letters SZ and SD, respectively
- DVB-T2 / C / S2 are indicated by the letters SS and SL, respectively
- SL indicates the presence of tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2 are indicated by the letters SL and SS, respectively
- SL indicates the presence of tuners 2 x DVB-T / C / S2 are indicated
Old Samsung TV model numbers for 2002-2007
Samsung televisions were sold under a different brand name until 2008. The characters in the model number have the following meanings according to the book.
LN -T4671FX / XA
- 46– TV screen diagonal size in inches
- 71– television series
- F– TV screen resolution A – (Full HD, H – HD)
- X– design
- XA– sales region
- 46– TV screen diagonal size in inches diagonally
How to Tell the Model Year of Your Samsung TV
To figure out how to accomplish something on your Samsung TV, it’s important to know the model and generation of your television set. However, if you are not extremely tech-savvy, this may be more difficult to accomplish than it appears. That’s why we’re going to teach you exactly how to go about doing so. As you’ll see, the model number of your television can disclose considerably more than the year (or years) it was manufactured. For example, you’ll learn the screen size in inches as well as the country or location in which your Samsung TV was manufactured.
How to Find the Model Number of Your Samsung TV?
It is dependent on the television’s model. Because you are unsure about the model, here are three methods for determining whether it is there.
- See whether there is anything printed on the right side of your Samsung TV – many models have the serial number and the model code on them. This is the most typical area where these numerals may be found
- Nonetheless, Examine the back of your Samsung television — If the number isn’t on the right side of your TV, it might be towards the back of the device, especially if it’s an older type of television. Serial numbers were formerly attached to the rear of Samsung gadgets, however the company must have learned that it is more practical to place them somewhere more visible since then
- Customer service should be contacted – The serial number and model code of some of Samsung’s most recent smart TVs were unintentionally or purposely left out, whether by mistake or design. It may be found by turning on your television, going to the Menu button, selecting Support and then Contact Samsung, and following the on-screen instructions.
Understanding Model Numbers Before 2017
Hopefully, you’ve been able to determine your model number. Some of you may have been astonished to hear that it had more than ten characters in total. However, don’t be concerned, as they all make perfect sense because each one carries an important piece of information. There is a tiny discrepancy between the numbering models used prior to 2017 and those used after 2017. Although you may be confident that your television was manufactured in 2017 or later, you should still read the rest of this section before going on to the next.
U for televisions, and continues with the letter S.
The number following that indicates the size of your screen in inches. Finally, the following letter contains the information that you are most interested in – the year in which your Samsung TV was built. The following are some possibilities:
- Models A and B are from 2008, C and D are from 2010, E and F are from 2012, H is from 2014, J is from 2015, while K is from 2016.
A letter indicating the resolution screen matrix is followed by a number indicating the series, which is followed by another letter indicating the series. The second number specifies whether your model is the first, second, third, and so on in a certain series of models. The final component of the code specifies the type of digital tuner that has been included.
Understanding Model Numbers After 2017
From 2017 onward, Samsung has started putting complete sets of tuners in its televisions in accordance with the standards of the nation for which the televisions are being manufactured. In order to accommodate this, the model numbers have also grown in length, with the final two letters indicating the nation. For example, the letters ZA and ZC indicate that the television was manufactured for the United States market, XU and XY indicate that the television was assembled for the United Kingdom market, and ZA and ZC indicate that the television was assembled for the Australian market.
Everything else is relatively comparable to the model numbers that were in use before to 2017.
Everything, with the exception of the manufacture year code, of course.
What About QLED Samsung TVs?
Samsung made a modification to the way it allocates serial numbers to QLED televisions in 2019. All QLED serial numbers now begin with the letter Q, followed by the letter denoting the area in which the device is located. After that, there’s the screen size in inches, followed by another Q for Quantum Dot TV, and then the last letter of the alphabet. Immediately below this comes the series number, which is currently limited to either 90 for UHD or 900 for 8K at this time. Following that is the year of production, in which case there are only two options – R for models for 2019 and T for models for 2020.
- A represents the first generation, while B represents the second generation. S — super-sized television with extra features
- G – a television set designed for use in Germany
Decoding Can Be Fun!
We hope you were successful in determining the model and year of your Samsung television, and, perhaps more importantly, that you had a good time while doing it. Was it a surprise to learn that all of these specifics can be gleaned from the model number of your television? In the comments box below, please feel free to express yourself on any topic you like.
How to Find Samsung TV Model? [The Fun in Decoding it]
You’ve spent a long time searching for the perfect smart TV, and after much thought, you’ve finally limited your selections down to Samsung as the best option. It should be noted that this is a fantastic choice, given the excellent performance that Samsung Smart TVs tend to provide for the average home viewer. However, despite all of the wonderful elements of it, there are still certain issues that are causing you anxiety. Because of the nature of the technology, connecting Samsung televisions to soundbars, for example, is notoriously tough.
However, if the issue is substantial enough, you will almost probably need to know the Samsung model numbers of your television in order to address it. But first, let’s take a look at the history of Samsung televisions!
The Evolution of Samsung TVs
In 1970, Samsung brought the world’s first monochrome television to the market, which was intended for the Korean market. However, the business’s TVs failed to make a big impression on the worldwide market until it developed the world’s first flat television in 1998, when it became the first company to do so. From 2008 to 2016, Samsung’s primary concentration was on the development of LCD, DLP, Plasma, and LED televisions, among other products. The Bordeaux TV, which featured an LCD display, was unveiled by Samsung in 2006.
Next, in 2011, the company developed the world’s first Smart TV, capable of connecting to both wired and wireless networks while also allowing the viewer to interact with the screen.
Samsung unveiled the world’s first QLED television in 2018, marking the company’s 50th anniversary.
What Is the Purpose of Samsung Model Numbers?
It was in 1970 that Samsung launched the world’s first monochrome television for the Korean market. Its televisions, however, failed to make a big effect on the worldwide market until the business launched the first flat TV in 1998, which was the first of its kind. The development of LCD, DLP, Plasma, and LED televisions was the company’s primary emphasis from 2008 to 2016. The Bordeaux TV, which featured an LCD display, was released by Samsung in 2006 to the market. It took the company only two years to develop and produce the world’s first edge-lit television, which was followed two years later by the introduction of a range of LED televisions in 2009.
With the introduction of the world’s first curved-screen TV with an OLED display in 2013 and the world’s first Quantum Dot TV in 2016, Samsung TVs established itself as a leader in the television development industry.
Wow, such a fascinating piece of historical documentation!
2 Ways to Locate your Samsung Serial Number
How to find your Samsung serial number in a variety of ways It is possible to determine the model number of your Samsung television using one of two techniques. If your television is not a smart model, you may find out what model it is by looking at the back of the television set.
In particular, older television sets are susceptible to this problem. When it comes to smart TVs, you may retrieve the model code by utilizing the software that came with the Samsung TV itself. Let’s start with a look at how to identify the model number on a television screen.
4 Steps for Samsung Smart Led TVs
You may find out the model number of one of the company’s most current models by using the software that comes pre-installed on a Samsung smart television. 1. To access the Smart Hub, hit the Home button on the remote control that came with your Smart Samsung TV. Then, with the help of the directional pad on the remote, travel to the Configuration menu. Then, using the directional pad on the remote control, selectSupport. 3. 3. By pressing the directional pad on the remote control, choose About This Samsung Smart TVs from the menu.
Samsung TVs that are more than a Decade Old
Turn the television over and check at the back of the device for the model code and serial number on earlier versions. In most cases, it is printed on a little sticker that is adhered to the back of the television next to the other features of the unit. It is printed in capital letters on top of the other, with the model code and serial number underneath. There is no single number in any of these pairs of numbers; instead, they are a mixture of letters and digits. Towards the end of this piece, we’ll go into more depth about what they mean for Samsung televisions in general.
Decoding your Samsung Model Numbers (Secrets Revealed)
Hopefully, you’ve been able to figure out what model number you’re looking for. Some of you might have been surprised to see that it included more than 10 characters in total. No need to get stressed up about it; they all make perfect sense since they each give a valuable piece of information. There is a minuscule difference between the numbering models that were in use previous to 2017 and those that were in use after 2017. You should still read the rest of this section before going on to the next one, even if you are positive that your television was made in 2017 or later.
- P stands for a plasma display
- LED display (U=LED screen)
- LCD is denoted by the letter L
- OLED is represented by the letter K
- DLP is denoted by the letter H. DLP is shortened as H.
What is the best way to identify a Samsung television model? It is denoted by the letter N. N: The nation or place in which the Samsung television was made.
- Which Samsung TV Model Should You Buy? 2. N: The name of the nation or area where the Samsung television was made is included.
3:55:The third and fourth numeric numbers of your model number correspond to the width and height of the television’s screen, respectively. In this case, the television has a 55-inch display since the number 55 shows that it does. 4. K: The fifth character of your model number corresponds to the year in which your television was created, as represented by the code. In accordance with the year it was released, it may be one of the following: A= 2008B= 2009C= 2010D= 2011E= 2012G= 2013H= 2014J= 2015K= 20165.
- A= 2008B= 2009C= 2010D= 2011E= 2012G= 2013H= 2014J= 2015K= 20165.
- The abbreviation for UHD- is U.
- Samsung televisions are identified by the seventh character in the model number, which represents the Series Number.
- 6: It isn’t anything that we, as users, are particularly concerned about at this time.
- This character denotes the numbering for that particular series’ model code.
- 8.00: 9.
- TELEVISION tuner cards are undoubtedly something you’ve heard of.
10. Depending on the geo-location where the television is meant to be utilized, different TV tuners are employed on different devices by different manufacturers. Decoding Samsung Smart TVs Using Their Serial Numbers
- ATSC / QAM is represented by the letter F in the United States and Canada
- The ISDB-T is represented by the letter G in Latin America
- K =DVB-S2, DVB-S2X, DVB-S3 (Asia)
- T =DVB-S2, DVB-S2X, DVB-S3 (Europe)
- DVB and DVB-Care abbreviations for DVB (Europe)
- DVB and DVB-Care abbreviations for D The letter W is used to represent Australia in the alphabet.
Serial Number for Samsung Smart TVs Decoding in the Years 2017-2021
The Meaning of the First Six Characters Has Been Revealed Because of this, Samsung has changed the labeling of its QLED televisions from 2019, ensuring that both LED and QLED televisions are of the same high-quality standard. By examining QLED televisions’ model numbers, we can determine that the model number has been augmented by the generation model identifier associated with the television model in question. Despite the fact that in practice it is rarely used, there are instances where it occurs, notably in transitional television formats.
Everything is evident in this case; this is a quantum dot television of the QN65Q kind.
- Q —A television with a quantum dot-based screen
- N —A television designed exclusively for the Americas
- Q —A television with a quantum dot-based screen
- Q – quantum dot television
- 65 – screen size in inches
- Q – quantum dot television
2.In the series, there were a number of different television models, each of which could be identified by two or three digits, for example, 900. Both the Q90R and Q95R TVs are made in the European Union (EU). Modifications were also observed in other series, including the original. For TVs with an 8K resolution, the first three numbers are highlighted. There is a difference between televisions with 4K and 8K resolutions in this regard. 3. The contrast between curved and flat displays is no longer meaningful.
- 2.In the series, there were a variety of different television models, each of which could be identified by two or three digits, such as 900.
- A number of other programs have also had modifications to their episodes.
- The difference between 4K and 8K resolution televisions is that the latter is more expensive.
- The difference between curved and flat displays is no longer necessary.
- A –HDMI 2.1 ports were not available on the first generation of televisions
- B –Standard 2.1 HDMI ports have been added, and the remote control has been modified for the 2019 model
- C –Standard 2.1 HDMI ports have been added, and the remote control has been modified for the 2019 model
- D –Standard 2.1 HDMI ports have been added, and the remote control has been changed for the 2019 model
- E –Standard 2.1 HDMI ports have been “Special TV Series” is an acronym for “Special Television Series.”
6. Digital tuner (optional) (F-type)
- F –QAM / ATSC (USA, Canada)
- U-DVB (Europe)
- G –ISDB-T (Latin America)
- U-DVB (Europe).
- Television design changes are represented by the letter “X”
- The letters “ZA” represent the country in which the television is made
- And the letters “ZA” represent the country in which the television is manufactured.
What is the best way to determine the model of a Samsung television?
On occasion, Samsung makes it simple to verify the serial number of a television on their website, which can be found here. The fact that this option is only accessible for a short period of time is owing to the large number of televisions that are made and the obligation to keep the database up to date at all times. Consequently, we strongly advise that you double-check the model number. Look at the model year of your television to determine this. Take a look at the television’s production date.
During the 2019 fiscal year, televisions will be collected from the second quarter of 2019 to the second quarter of 2020. Production dates may vary by a few months (from April 1, 2019 to April 1, 2020) due to seasonal variations in the market.
Even while decoding, it is possible to have a good time. In the end, we hope you were successful in identifying the model and year of your Samsung television, and maybe more importantly, that you had a good time doing it. Was it surprised to find that the model number of your television can provide you with all of this information? Please feel free to share your ideas in the space below. Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions
The model name, serial number, and software version of your television may all be found in the following places on the device:
- See whether the model name can be found on the original packaging. Look for the model name and serial number on the product sticker
- Otherwise, contact the manufacturer. Look for the model name, serial number, and software version in the HELP section of the TV Settings menu
How can I find out what my TV’s specifications are?
Details about your television’s specifications include the following: dimensions, weight, and power consumption. Knowledge of the fundamentals of visuals, audio, controls, applications, and software. 1. To begin, hit the HOME button on the remote control. 2. Make a choice from among the available possibilities. 3. Select Apps from the TV category on the left. 4. Examine any applications that have been downloaded or those that are included with the operating system.
What is the difference between the model numbers of Samsung televisions?
The model series is denoted by the number 95. The bigger the quantity, the greater the likelihood that the television will be pricey. Samsung’s 2020 televisions are identified by the letter T; in 2019, the letter R was used, but in 2020, Samsung skipped right past the letter ‘S,’ choosing instead the letter ‘T.’