- 1 How to find phones model number serial number or IMEI number
- 2 Find the IMEI of your Android phone easier than ever
- 3 How can I find my phone’s IMEI number?
- 4 Our top equipment picks
- 5 How to find the IMEI number on your Android device in 2 different ways
- 6 How to find the IMEI number on an Android via Settings
- 7 Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
- 8 The IMEI number is a unique identification number for each cell phone to uniquely identify a device. So how to find IMEI number in Samsung? Find out.
- 9 How to Find IMEI Number in Samsung?
- 10 Video
- 11 About This Article
- 12 Is this article up to date?
- 13 Quick Instructions
- 14 Detailed instructions with pictures
- 15 What if my phone won’t power on?
- 16 What is an IMEI number?
- 17 Enjoy
- 18 Samsung Galaxy S6: How To Find IMEI Serial Number
- 19 Finding the IMEI Number of Your Samsung Galaxy S6
- 20 Check IMEI on an Android phone
- 21 Check IMEI on an iPhone
- 22 Finding your iPhone’s IMEI number through your Apple account
- 23 Find the serial number for your device in the Finder or iTunes
- 24 Other ways to check your IMEI
- 25 Check the IMEI on the box
- 26 Check IMEI using a phone dialer
- 27 How To Find IMEI And Serial Number On Samsung Galaxy S5
- 28 MethodsofFindingIMEIAndSerialNumberOnSamsungGalaxyS5
How to find phones model number serial number or IMEI number
A serial number is a one-of-a-kind number issued by the manufacturer (such as Samsung) to aid in the identification of a certain equipment, such as a phone, tablet, television, or other electronic device. For example, the serial number of your phone will be distinct from the serial numbers of every other Samsung phone ever produced. It is easier for the manufacturers to organize and maintain track of their items when they use serial numbers. An IMEI, also known as a MEID, is a unique identifier that is solely used for phones and other communication equipment.
There is a distinction between these two numbers and a serial number.
If a device has been stolen or lost, network providers can use any form of number to trace it down and recover it.
According on the year the goods was introduced, the color of the product, the carrier, and a few other things, the number will be different.
Find the IMEI of your Android phone easier than ever
The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is found on every phone, regardless of price or quality. A cheap Moto G7 or a $900 Galaxy Note 10+, for example, will both have an IMEI number. A unique identification that is generally a string of 15 digits long, the IMEI number might be useful when trying to track down a misplaced or stolen phone.
How can I find my phone’s IMEI number?
IMEI numbers are required to be provided to law enforcement officials in the event that your phone is lost or stolen. This allows law enforcement authorities to track down and recover your device. It is up to carriers to identify the devices that are registered on their network, and in the event of a lost or stolen phone, they will be able to blacklist that phone’s IMEI number so that it cannot be used on their network.
- Open the Settings application on your Android device. Scroll down and select About Phone from the drop-down menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the number under IMEI
- Android Central is the source of this information.
Another method of determining your IMEI, which is a little simpler, involves nothing more than the Phone application. Another method of determining your IMEI is as follows:
- To begin, launch the Phoneapp on your Android device. Using the Dialer, enter the number 06 into the Dialer
- Wait for the dialog box to appear before continuing. Android Central is the source of this information.
Once you have entered this code, your device will display the MEID as well as any additional IMEI numbers that were input. This approach is the simplest since it works on any Android smartphone, regardless of the manufacturer or model. It’s vital to note that the IMEI will not be in the same location as it would be in the second technique in this scenario. For example, on Samsung handsets, the IMEI is displayed at the top of the About Phone section, so there is no need to go any farther down the page.
Our top equipment picks
Simply take a picture and look up at the sky to see the stars. The camera on Google’s Pixel 4 is one of the most amazing features of the device, making it one of the most impressive smartphones available.
Simply pointing your phone at the night sky allows you to capture images that you never thought you’d be able to capture in your lifetime. It’s simply incredible.
Bigger and beautiful
This phone has everything you could possibly desire in a phone, and then some. From the large and stunning display to the excellent battery life to the three rear-facing camera module, this phone truly has it all. And that’s not even taking into consideration the S Pen and its several additional and beneficial functions. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c Keep your valuables safe.
These cases will help keep your Nokia 7.2 chugging along forever
The Nokia 7.2 is widely regarded as a very capable mid-range phone that offers an excellent combination of hardware, software, and battery life at a reasonable price. However, with a smartphone as attractive as the Nokia 7.2, you’ll want to pick the best case for it, and we’ve identified a plethora of options for you to select from. Keep your Xperia safe.
Make your sure your Sony Xperia 1 II can handle everything with these cases
The Sony Xperia 1 II is not a name that immediately springs to mind, but its photography features, which are derived from Sony’s Alpha cameras, have surprised some in the industry. In order to safeguard your investment, whether you want to pursue a career in photography or are just starting started, you should consider purchasing one of these cases.
How to find the IMEI number on your Android device in 2 different ways
- On an Android device, the IMEI may be quickly obtained by phoning or browsing via the settings
- A device’s IMEI number is an abbreviation for international mobile equipment identity, and it’s a number that is exclusive to that device. Keeping a copy of your phone’s IMEI number on hand in case your device is ever lost or stolen can be quite beneficial. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Every mobile device has its own unique IMEI number, which is 15 digits long and stands for international mobile equipment identity. You can offer your phone’s IMEI number to authorities to assist them in identifying your device, or to your network provider so that they can lock the phone and render it worthless to the thief in the event that it is lost or stolen. It’s normally printed on the box that your phone arrived in, but if you’ve already thrown away the box, you may still use your device to look out your IMEI number.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Open the Phone application on your Android device. 2.Press the number “* 06” on your keypad. Photo: Dial the number “* 06” on your phone’s keypad. Christina Liao/Business Insider is the source of this information. Three. A box will instantly appear on the screen, displaying a variety of digits, including the IMEI. After you’ve entered * 06 into your phone’s keypad, a box will instantly appear on your screen, displaying the phone’s IMEI number. Christina Liao/Business Insider is the source of this information.
How to find the IMEI number on an Android via Settings
Launch the Phone application on your Android device. 2. Enter “* 06” into your phone’s dial pad and press “OK.” Photo: Dial “* 06” on your phone’s keypad. Christina Liao/Business Insider is the source for this article. Three. A box will instantly appear on the screen, displaying a multitude of information, including the IMEI number. Photographic evidence: After you’ve entered * 06 into your phone’s keypad, a box will instantly show up and reveal the IMEI number of your phone. Christina Liao/Business Insider is the source for this article.
Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
The most recent update was made on:
The IMEI number is a unique identification number for each cell phone to uniquely identify a device. So how to find IMEI number in Samsung? Find out.
Unsplash is the source of this image. Considering that the IMEI number is unique and may be used by GSM networks to differentiate authentic devices, it can be utilized to prohibit a stolen phone from connecting to that particular network.
In the event that a phone is stolen, the owner will contact their network provider and request that the phone’s IMEI number be removed from the system. So, what is the best way to locate an IMEI number in order to track a missing mobile phone?
How to Find IMEI Number in Samsung?
For each mobile phone, the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number serves as a unique identification number, which is used by network operators to uniquely identify and expand the services available to that phone on the network. You’ll find the IMEI number on the back of your smartphone, either below the battery or on the backside of the device. The IMEI number code may also be accessible via the settings menu on the device. You must first enter your Settings in order to do this.
When you tap on it, the Model Number, Serial Number, and IMEI will be displayed in this section of the screen.
To do so, open the Phone application, choose the keypad, and enter * 06 on the keypad.
Find a Lost Mobile Using IMEI
- The first step is to contact the police and report the phone as missing or stolen. Make a copy of the police report for your records. In order to obtain a duplicate SIM card, you must first contact your service provider
- You will receive an OTP on this number when you request that the IMEI number be banned. To block the IMEI, go to the portal and submit the necessary papers
- You’ll need a copy of the police report, proof of identification, the purchase invoice, and other information to complete the process successfully. You will receive an OTP on the phone number you provided
- This should be the same number that was operating on the phone prior to it being lost or stolen. An identification number will be provided to you that you may use to verify the status of your request and, if required, to unlock the IMEI in the future
In order to report the phone as lost or stolen, you must first contact the police and preserve a copy of the police report on file for future reference. In order to obtain a duplicate SIM card, you must first contact your service provider; you will receive an OTP to this number when you request that the IMEI number be banned. If you want to block the IMEI number, you’ll need to go to the portal and submit the necessary papers; you’ll need a copy of the police report, identity, and other information, among other things.
An identification number will be sent to you that you may use to verify the status of your request and, if required, to unlock your IMEI in the future;
Image Source: Unsplash
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) or Mobile Equipment Identification (MEID) number for your phone or tablet serves as a unique device identification. T-Mobile, AT&T Wireless, and other wireless carriers that utilize the Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) employ the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) to identify their equipment (GSM). MEID is an abbreviation for Mobile Equipment Identification, and it is used by carriers like as Verizon, Sprint, Cricket, and other companies who utilize the Code Switch Multiple Access (CDMA) system to identify their equipment.
According to your device, this wikiHow article will show you how to rapidly get and record your IMEI or MEID number in a number of different methods.
- 1 Launch the Phone application. Most of the time, it’s represented by a green symbol with a picture that looks like an ancient phone receiver. To access the Phone app, select it from your Home screen’s phone icon menu.
- This dialing code is not compatible with Verizon phones at this time. If you use Verizon as your mobile service provider, you will need to locate your MEID number by utilizing the Settings app on your smartphone.
- 2Pull out the dial pad. It is often represented by an icon that looks like ten squares arranged in the shape of a phone’s dialer. Open the dial pad on your phone and dial a number. Advertisement
- Dial *06 for further information. It is possible to obtain the IMEI/MEID number on nearly any phone by calling the universal code, which is “* 06.” In most cases, you will not be required to press the Call or Send buttons. As soon as you complete calling the code, the IMEI/MEID number will show on the screen. 4 Make a note of the number. Your phone’s IMEI/MEID number will be shown in a new window when you press the button. Write down the phone number because it is not feasible to copy and paste it from the screen of your phone. You can, however, snap a screenshot of the screen.
- Most phones will notify you if the number displayed is an IMEI or MEID number as soon as it is presented. If your phone does not have this feature, you may find out what number it is by looking at your service provider’s website. IMEI numbers are used by GSM networks such as AT T and T-Mobile. For CDMA networks, such as Sprint, Verizon Wireless, and US Cellular, the MEID number is used
- If you need to know your MEID number, simply take the IMEI number and omit the final digit (IMEI is 15 digits, MEID is 14 digits)
- 1 Launch the Settings application. This may be found on the Home screen of your iPhone. When using an iPhone or an iPad that is capable of getting cellular data from a 4G or 5G network, this procedure is effective. 2TapGeneral. Located towards the top of the Settings menu, it’s easy to find. 3TapAbout. When you turn on your phone or tablet, a list of facts about it will emerge
- 4 Scroll down until you reach the IMEI or MEID. In order to copy it to your iPhone or iPad’s clipboard, you must first press and hold the number and then chooseCopy. Advertisement
- 2 Plug in your iPhone or iPad to your computer using a USB cable. Connect your iPhone or iPad’s charging wire to a free USB port on your Mac or Windows computer using the charging cable that comes with your device.
- 2Go to the Finder or iTunes and launch it. For Mac users running macOS Catalina (version 10.15) or later, launch the Finder. Its icon is a happy face in blue and white with a blue border around it. If you have a Windows computer or a Mac running macOS Mojave or an earlier version of the operating system, launch iTunes. It is represented by a white symbol with a musical note
- 3 Select your device from the drop-down menu. When you open the panel on the left, you will see your iPhone or iPad displayed as the name of the device.
- It is possible that you will need to click the symbol that looks like a phone or tablet in the upper-right corner of iTunes
- 4ClickGeneralorSummary. It’s the first tab you see when you arrive on the page. If you are using the Finder, the word “General” will appear. If you are using iTunes, it will say “Summary.”
- If you are using Google Chrome, it will say “Summary.” 5Find the IMEI or MEID number on your device. It will be listed at the top of the page, underneath the name of your iPhone or iPad, and you may access it from there. Advertisement
- 1Go to the Android Settings menu and choose General. This may be accomplished by selecting the Settings app from your App Drawer. 2 Scroll down and selectAboutorAbout Phone from the drop-down menu. It’s tucked down at the bottom of the Settings window. Depending on your Android model, the word “About” or “About Phone” will appear.
- Launch the Android Settings menu by selecting it from the Apps drop-down menu. If you want to accomplish this, go to your App Drawer and hit the Settings app. 2 Then, at the bottom of the page, selectAboutorAbout Phone. The Settings menu item is located at the bottom of the page. Your Android device’s “About” screen will display either “About Phone” or “About Tablet.”
- 1Go to the Android Settings menu and choose “Security.” This may be accomplished by selecting the Settings app from your App Drawer
- 2 Scroll down to the bottom and selectAboutorAbout Phone. It’s tucked down at the bottom of the Settings screen. It will either say “About” or “About Phone” depending on your Android device.
- When looking for the IMEI or MEID on some phones, you may have to hit the Status button. If you are having difficulty locating the IMEI or MEID, hit the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner and type “IMEI” (T-Mobile, AT T Wireless) or “MEID” (Verizon, Sprint, US Cellular, Cricket) in the search box
- If you are still having difficulty, contact your service provider.
- 4Make a note of the number. There is no method to transfer the number to your phone’s clipboard, so you’ll have to scribble or type it in manually to get the information you need. Advertisement
- 1Find the original packing for your mobile device and keep it safe. Avoid worrying about the booklet
- Instead, look for the box. 2Find the barcode label that was attached to your package. In order to operate as a seal, it might have been put over the aperture. 3 Look for the IMEI/MEID on the device. It should be properly labeled, and it is often provided with the barcode and serial number on the packaging. Advertisement
- 1Turn off your mobile phone. Prior to remove the battery or SIM card from your phone, you must first ensure that the phone is completely turned off. 2Find a convenient location for your SIM card tray. If your phone is equipped with a detachable battery, the SIM card tray will be located beneath the battery. If your phone does not have a detachable battery, the SIM card slot will be situated on the side of the phone, rather than the top. On one of the sides will be a pinhole, and the compartment will be oval in shape. 3 Remove the SIM card tray from the computer. For phones with detachable batteries, first remove the back of your phone and then remove the battery from within your phone. There will be no need to remove the SIM card from your phone. The SIM card tray on the side of your phone can be opened with a tool that was included with your phone if your phone has a SIM card tray on the side of it. Insert the pointed end of the tool into the pinhole and press down to eject the SIM card tray with the SIM card in it from the SIM card tray
- Instead of using the SIM card removal tool that came with your phone, you may just use a paperclip to remove the SIM card
- 4Look for the IMEI or MEID number on the device. If your phone has a replaceable battery, the number will be printed on a label beneath the battery, which you may locate by looking underneath the battery. There is no need to take out the SIM card at this time. To determine if your phone has an ejectable SIM card tray, look for an IMEI or MEID number, which may be found either on top of the SIM card holder or down the side. It will be printed in small letters
- 5 it will be printed in small letters. Replace the SIM card tray or the battery in the phone as needed. Once you have obtained the IMEI or MEID number, you will need to return the battery or SIM card tray, together with the SIM card, to the location where it was originally installed. Your phone will not function properly if you do not have it. Advertisement
Create a new question
- Question How can authorities track down the individual who took a smartphone that has an IMEI number on it? They have the ability to trace it down. Once the theft has been reported, the police will create an IMEI tracking letter, which will be forwarded to the network provider for further investigation. Once this has been completed, the network provider will disable the handset, rendering it inoperable until it is unlocked again. Even if the SIM card for the network is replaced, the phone will not function. Question If my phone is misplaced, how can I find out what my IMEI number is? Depending on your mobile service provider, you may be able to obtain your IMEI number by signing into the online account manager for your mobile service provider. Question What is the best way to locate an IMEI if I do not have access to the phone? Do you mean “if you don’t have a phone” or something along such lines? This is only achievable through the use of mobile phones. If you mean that you don’t have the phone number, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Question Can you tell me where I can locate the passcode for my mobile phone? You may or may not be able to, depending on your device. For further information, consult your manufacturer’s and operating system’s websites. Question What is the procedure for activating them? If you’re using a Samsung (Galaxy s series) S5 or earlier, remove the back case, then remove the battery, and you’ll find a sticker with the IMEI number or MEID number
- If you’re using an iPhone, remove the back case, then remove the battery, and you’ll find a sticker with the IMEI number or MEID number
- If you’re using a Samsung (Galaxy s series), remove the back case Question The police detained a man after discovering that he had purchased a stolen mobile phone, swapped the SIM card, and then used it. So, how did the authorities track him out when his phone was disabled by the network operator based on its IMEI number? That was not how things turned out. When you block a stolen or lost phone using the IMEI, all contact between your phone and your carrier is shut off, making it difficult to retrieve the phone through tracking. If your phone holds critical information, you should only resort to this as a last option. Question In what circumstances should a cellphone repairer modify a customer’s cellphone IMEI number after fixing the phone but before replacing it? Masse EsonCommunity Answer A new IMEI number will be assigned to the phone if the “motherboard” of the phone has been changed. Question On a Samsung J5, what is the placement of the camera? You may discover your IMEI by opening your dialer and pressing the number * 06 on the keypad of your phone. The number may also be accessed in SettingsAbout DeviceStatus, which is accessible via the Settings menu. Question What is the best way to locate the IMEI code for a phone that has gone missing? The box should be put on the back of the box if you happen to have one lying around the house. Additionally, you may always check onto your carrier’s website, and it will display the information about your phone there
- Question Without access to the phone, how can I find out the IMEI? If the phone is connected to a cell service account that you own, the service provider may be able to tell you what the device’s IMEI number is by looking at the account’s billing records. Other than that, there is no way to determine if you do not have the gadget in your possession.
More information on the replies Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- Before your phone is lost or stolen, make a note of its IMEI number. If your mobile phone is stolen, you can contact or visit the local service center of your mobile network and provide the employees with the phone’s IMEI number so that the phone can be disabled. The majority of pre-paid and non-contract phones in the United States do not have IMEIs, and the same is true in Europe, Asia, and Africa for disposable phones. When you block a stolen or lost phone using the IMEI, all contact between your phone and your carrier is shut off, making it difficult to retrieve the phone through tracking. If your phone holds critical information, you should only resort to this as a last option. Some thieves change the IMEI numbers of stolen phones with the IMEI numbers of other devices in order to conceal their identity. It is recommended that you do some research before purchasing a phone from someone or a business that you are not entirely confident in. Determine whether or not your reported IMEI truly corresponds to that kind of phone.
About This Article
Summary of the ArticleXTo discover the IMEI number on your phone, dial* 06 on the phone’s keypad.
The number will display on the screen as soon as it is entered. Did you find this overview to be helpful? The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 8,698,310 times.
Is this article up to date?
Find out where to find your Samsung Galaxy S 4’s IMEI number by reading on! This post will walk you through several straightforward methods of discovering it.
Input the number 06 into your Keypad as if you were dialing a telephone number. The IMEI will appear on the screen automatically.
IMEI Method 2 – Through the Settings
Tap HomeMenuKeySettingsMoreAbout deviceStatusIMEI to return to the previous screen.
Detailed instructions with pictures
To return to your home screen, press the Homekey key on your keyboard. The large physical button in the bottom center of your Samsung Galaxy S 4 is the power button. In the lower left-hand corner of the screen, tap on the green Phoneicon. Check to ensure that the Keypad tab is selected on the ribbon (top of screen). You should enter the number 06 into your keyboard in the same manner as you would if you were calling a telephone number. A screen will display a number that corresponds to yourIMEI.
IMEI Method 2 – Through the Settings
Use your Homekey to get back to your default screen. Select yourMenuKey from the drop-down menu (the Menu key is on the bottom of the phone to the left of the Home key). Select yourSettings from the drop-down menu. More information may be found by selecting the More tab (the upper right of the screen). Scroll down and select “About device” from the drop-down menu. To check the status, press onStatus. The IMEI may be found by scrolling down.
What if my phone won’t power on?
Use your Homekey to get back to your main screen. YourMenuKey should be tapped (the Menu key is on the bottom of the phone to the left of the Home key). Go to Settings and choose it. Please select More from the drop-down menu (the upper right of the screen). About the device may be found by scrolling down and tapping it. Click onStatus to see the current status of the application. To view your IMEI, scroll down.
What is an IMEI number?
This number, known as an International Mobile Station Equipment IdentityorIMEIfor short, functions similarly to a phone’s social security number. That phone is the only one with that number. As you might expect, this number may be beneficial for a variety of reasons. This is one of the pieces of information that your phone carrier can (and may) use to complete exchanges or to determine the use history of your phone equipment. How many of us are aware that if you change the SIM card in our phone or if we are activating our phone for the very first time, our telephone company can see that our phone (and SIM card number, in the case of a phone that uses a SIM card) was activated on that specific device (by looking at the IMEI number) to the exact second of activation.
Your service provider may also use that IMEI number to determine the manufacturer and model of your phone, which allows them to pull up information that will help them support you more effectively.
IMEI magic happens mostly behind the scenes, but it may be a very powerful instrument in the right hands if used correctly and responsibly.
It is my sincere hope that you found the essay informative. If you have any questions or would want to make a suggestion, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Samsung Galaxy S6: How To Find IMEI Serial Number
You can get the IMEI Serial Number on your Samsung Galaxy S6 by following the steps outlined in this post. Your Galaxy S6 has an IMEI number, which is unique to it, just like all other smartphones. It is possible that you will be needed to locate it in certain circumstances. Please follow the steps outlined below if you are unsure how to proceed. What is this IMEI number, and how does it relate to anything else, is the first question.
Understanding the IMEI Number
International Mobile Station Equipment Identity, sometimes known as IMEI, is a unique number that is assigned to each device in order to identify it. This number is used by GSM networks to verify that devices are legitimate and that the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge have not been stolen or banned by the network provider. Complete an IMEI number check for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile to ensure that the Galaxy S6 is functional on those networks. The IMEI number of your Samsung Galaxy S6 may be determined by following a few easy steps.
Check out the several instructions for the Samsung Galaxy S6 on how to do things like:
- Examine to see if the Galaxy S6 IMEI is legitimate and not stolen
- The Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are no longer freezing and crashing
- They are now stable. Autocorrection may be turned on or off on the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge. Keep the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge screens on for a longer period of time. When you are locked out of your Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge, you may reset your password.
Finding the IMEI Number of Your Samsung Galaxy S6
There are a couple different methods for locating your IMEI number on your device. These are the ones to look out for:
Find out the IMEI via the Android system
[!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] [!] Aside from that, if you want to get the most out of your Samsung device, be sure to check out Samsung’s Galaxy S6 phone case as well as its wireless charging pad, portable battery pack, and Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband, which will provide you with the best experience possible with your Samsung device. /
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Bluetooth Problems
Every mobile phone is identified by an International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number that is unique to it. Having this number is significant since it may be used for a variety of security purposes, including identifying the maker and verifying whether or not the item has been reported as stolen. IMEI numbers may be used to blacklist devices, preventing them from functioning and rendering them unusable if they are stolen. Even if you don’t want to disclose your IMEI number with anybody, knowing what it is and where to locate it might be useful in some situations.
Not sure what phone number or model you’re using right now?
There’s nothing to worry about!
Check IMEI on an Android phone
If you have an Android phone, the IMEI number may be found in the *Settings* menu. In most cases, depending on the manufacturer and Android version you’re using, it can be located in one of the four places indicated below, which can be discovered in one of the four stages described below. Step 1: ConfigurationAbout PhoneStatus Step 2: SettingsGeneralAbout DeviceStatusGeneralAbout DeviceStatus Step 3: SystemAbout PhoneStatusSystemAbout PhoneAbout Status Step 4: ConfigurationAbout DeviceStatus Then either jot down or snap a screen photo of the number you’ve just received.
Unless otherwise stated, the screenshots above were taken from an LG V40 ThinQ running Android 10.
Check IMEI on an iPhone
These numbers may be found in a variety of locations, including the Settings menu on the physical device, the Finder or iTunes, and the original packaging. Step 1: Navigate to the SettingsGeneralAbout menu. Step 2:Scroll down the list until you discover the IMEI entry you’re looking for. Additionally, you may press and hold the number to copy it to the clipboard, which you can subsequently paste someplace else, such as in Notes or a text document. The UI for iOS 13 and iOS 14 is virtually same.
Finding your iPhone’s IMEI number through your Apple account
Step 1: Navigate to https://appleid.apple.com/. The second step is to sign in using your Apple ID. 3. Scroll down to the Devicessection and choose the device from the drop-down menu. You will be able to view the serial and IMEI/MEID numbers on that page. Step 4: If you have a separate device with iOS 10.3 or later logged in to your account (such as an iPad), go toSettingsYour Name and enter your password. To see any devices that are signed in with your Apple ID, scroll down and hit the device name.
Find the serial number for your device in the Finder or iTunes
Connect your device to your computer in the first step. The Finder should be launched on a Mac running MacOS Catalina 10.15 or later in Step 2. Open iTunes on a Mac running MacOS Mojave 10.14 or older, or on a PC running Windows. Locate your device at this point. Step 3: To view the details, select theSummarytab located beneath the name of your phone. It is possible that you will have to cycle through two or three clicks before reaching the information you desire. IMEI/MEID and ICCID numbers may be found by searching forPhone Number under your device’s name or the device model in Step 4.
Other ways to check your IMEI
The IMEI number is shown on the SIM tray of some smartphones. Every model of iPhone, with the exception of the SE, has an IMEI number display in the SIM tray, which can be viewed by pressing the Home button (First Generation). Some Samsung Galaxy phones display the IMEI number on the back of the casing, embedded in small, almost transparent font that is difficult to see without a magnifying glass, and even with a magnifying glass it will be tough to see clearly. Older phones with detachable batteries may also have the IMEI listed under the battery or on top of the SIM slot, depending on the model.
Check the IMEI on the box
In the event that your iPhone or Android phone has been stolen and you have forgotten to verify and write down the IMEI number, it is still feasible to track it down and recover your phone. Assuming you have saved the box in which you received your phone at the time of purchase, you’re in luck since the IMEI number is normally displayed as a sticker on one of its sides.
Check IMEI using a phone dialer
Step 1: To obtain your IMEI number, dial * 06 on your phone. Step 2:After you enter the code into your phone’s keypad, a pop-up window will appear, displaying your IMEI number as well as other vital phone information. Step 3:You may wish to capture the information in two ways, for example, by writing it down in a notebook and saving it as an image or a document. This last way for verifying your IMEI has historically worked on the vast majority of mobile phones, including both iPhone and Android devices, and it is a popular approach that frequently appears in searches.
Only one of the four phones tested (a 2016 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus) produced the desired result, while the other three did not.
After calling the code, neither the iPhones nor the LG V40 ThinQ that we tested produced the correct number. This solution is not included in Apple’s instructions, which is also a disappointment. As a result, we include it as a historical item and as a last resort.
- 1st step: Dial * 06 to obtain your IMEI number. Upon entering that code into your phone’s keypad, a pop-up window will appear with your IMEI number and other pertinent phone information. Step 2: Third, you might wish to capture the information in two ways, for example, by writing it down in a notebook and storing it as an image or document. In the past, this last technique for verifying your IMEI worked on the majority of mobile phones, including both iPhones and Android devices, and it is a popular approach that frequently appears when searching for IMEI information online. This approach, however, does not appear to be supported by phones from the current generation, therefore it is likely to be obsolete. One phone (a 2016 Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus) performed better than the other three, while the other two performed worse. After calling the code, neither the iPhones nor the LG V40 ThinQ we tested produced the correct number. This approach is not included in Apple’s guidelines, either. We include it as a historical item and as a last option because of its significance.
How To Find IMEI And Serial Number On Samsung Galaxy S5
If you call your service provider and they ask you to verify your account over the phone, you will be required to supply the IMEI and serial number of your phone as part of the verification process. IMEIandSerialnumber(SN)isuniqueforeveryphoneandusedasanidentityofthephones. If you lose your Galaxy S5, the IMEInnumercan be really useful, and if you offer this information to your service provider, they will be able to disable your phone using this number. Seealso:Restore/repair GalaxyNullImeiAndFixNotRegisteredOnNetwork
If you call your service provider and they want you to verify your account over the phone, you will be required to supply the IMEI and serial number of your phone as part of the process. IMEIandSerialnumber(SN)isuniqueforeveryphoneandusedasanidentityofthephones. If you lose your Galaxy S5, the IMEInnumercan be really useful, and if you offer this information to your service provider, they will be able to ban your phone with this number. Seealso:Restore/repair GalaxyNullImeiAndFixNotRegisteredOnNetwork
If you contact your service provider and they ask you to verify your account, you will be required to submit the IMEI and serial number of your phone as part of the verification process. IMEIandSerialnumber(SN)isuniqueforeveryphoneandusedasanidentityofthephones. If you lose your Galaxy S5, the IMEInnumercan be extremely useful, and if you offer this information to your service provider, they will be able to disable your phone using this number. Seealso:Restore/repair GalaxyNullImeiAndFixNotRegisteredOnNetwork
- Open the Phone App
- If necessary, press the keypad tab to bring up the dialer
- Dial “06”
Beneath the battery
- Turn your Galaxy S5 off, open the back cover, and remove the battery
- You will notice the IMEI and serial number printed on it
- You will see the IMEI and serial number printed on a barcode, with SNis written beneath the barcode
If you still have the box from the Galaxy S5, you may use it to look for the serial number and IMEI because the boxes from smartphones are normally sealed with an elastic band. Abarcodeiswrittenonthestickerandunderthebarcode,youwillfindIMEIofyourGalaxyS5.