- 1 How to Connect Any Phone or Tablet to Your TV Using USB
- 2 Why Use USB to Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs?
- 3 How to Connect Android Phones and Tablets to TVs With USB
- 4 Can You Connect an iPhone or iPad to TV With USB?
- 5 How to Transfer Files From Phone to TV Using USB
- 6 USB to TV: Connecting to View Photos
- 7 Use Samsung DeX to Connect Your Samsung Phone to a TV
- 8 Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs With USB: Success!
- 9 How to Connect Your Phone to Your TV Via USB
- 10 How to Connect Your Phone to Your TV With USB
- 11 What If My TV Doesn’t Have a USB Port?
- 12 What If My TV Doesn’t See My Phone as a Source?
- 13 Why Connect a Phone to a TV With USB?
- 14 How To Connect a Phone Or Tablet To Your TV Via USB
- 15 Reasons To Connect Your Phone or Tablet To a TV
- 16 Connect Your Phone or Tablet to Your TV Via USB
- 17 iOS–Using a Lightning Cable
- 18 Conclusion
- 19 How to connect a smartphone to the TV with a USB cable and display content
- 20 3 Ways to Connect Android Phone to TV Using USB Cable
- 21 1 If you have a smart TV, just plug it through a USB port
- 22 3 Mirror Android to a laptop, then to a TV
- 23 3 Use specialized hardware to connect wirelessly
- 24 Conclusion
- 25 How to Connect Your Android Phone to Your TV
- 26 Cast With Chromecast
- 27 Android Screen Mirroring
- 28 Connect With an Adapter or Cable
- 29 Stream With DLNA
- 30 How to Connect a Galaxy Device to a TV with a USB
- 31 StepsDownload Article
- 32 About This Article
- 33 Is this article up to date?
- 33.1 I am trying to hook my tablet to my TV for Netflix. I have the HDMI cable connected to both and getting a message on the TV saying retrieving data, and then nothing happens?
- 33.2 Hi, I have an LG G3 that I want to connect to my Samsung TV with HDMI socket, how can I do that?
- 33.3 I am trying to connect to my cable box?
- 33.4 How do I watch video on my TV (not smart but with HDMI outlet)?
- 33.5 The cords are too big for my phone?
- 33.6 HDMI cable for television isn’t working the way I thought it should?
- 33.7 USB is connected to TV what is next process to see you tube song on TV?
- 34 Comments
- 35 Find the Port
- 36 Viewing Once Connected
- 37 Can All Samsung TVs View Images Via USB?
- 38 Conclusion
How to Connect Any Phone or Tablet to Your TV Using USB
Please keep in mind that if the problem persists, you should try updating the firmware of your device to see if it resolves the issue. Also, try clearing the history and search results from your YouTube account to see if that resolves the issue. – Disconnect your ethernet connection and attempt to connect to the Wifi network as a last resort. In addition to being a proactive and self-motivated information technology specialist, Kevin also possesses extensive understanding of all aspects of network infrastructure design, implementation, and management.
Why Use USB to Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs?
With the accessibility and widespread usage of casting to wirelessly replicate a phone screen, you might be wondering why you would want to connect your phone via a USB to TV connection instead. When you connect a phone to your television through a hardwired connection, you will receive a signal with low latency. For example, if you intend to use your phone to mirror to a television in order to play games, a USB connection rather than a WiFi arrangement will be required. The latency is significantly reduced as a result of this.
There are several techniques for connecting your phone or tablet to a television.
- USB-C cable with DisplayPort
- USB cable with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link)
- USB cable with SlimPort
- USB cable with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link).
The method by which you connect your phone to the television is dependent on the device and operating system you are using. Despite the fact that all methods are the same, the process for connecting an iPhone vs an Android smartphone is different. In a similar vein, the connection method you use will vary based on your requirements. Your charging cord and mobile device are required for little more than viewing images on a suitable television. A USB adaptor, on the other hand, is required for screen mirroring.
The instructions outlined here for connecting your phone to a television are applicable to phones from Samsung, LG, and a variety of other manufacturers.
How to Connect Android Phones and Tablets to TVs With USB
When it comes to connecting Android phones and tablets to your television, you have two options:
- USB-C cable with support for DisplayPort
- USB cable with support for MHL
- USB cable with support for Slimport
We’ll take a look at each one individually below.
1. Connect Your Phone to a HDMI TV Using USB Type-C
The specifics of each will be discussed more below.
2. Connecting Phone to TV Using USB With MHL
MHL is one of the most frequent options for connecting a phone to an HDMI TV via a micro-USB connection. With the use of this technology, MHL-compatible devices, like as smartphones and tablets, may connect to television sets and projectors. On the official MHL website, you may browse through a list of MHL-enabled devices. You will require the following items in order to utilize Mobile High-Definition Link:
- Devices required: MHL-enabled phone, USB to HDMI MHL adapter or cable, HDMI cable, and power cord.
Despite the fact that this is a common configuration, the precise wire you’ll require differs. GoogleMHL cable is an acronym for Google Mobile High-Definition Link. in order to obtain a list of suitable cables First, connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable and an MHL adapter. Then, connect your phone to the TV using the MHL adapter. The adapter will require electricity, which may be supplied by either the USB connection on the cable or an external power source. Although MHL formerly necessitated the use of a power cable, MHL 2.0 eliminates this requirement.
Using the MHL connection, connect your phone to your television and then to your computer.
After that, you should be able to view the screen of your phone on your television; it is a simple plug-and-play setup. Overall, Mobile High-Definition Link is one of the most effective ways for connecting an Android phone to a television with the use of a USB cord.
3. Connecting Phone to TV Using USB SlimPort
It is possible to connect an older phone to a television using a SlimPort cable if you have an older phone. SlimPort is similar to MHL in that it provides different outputs, but it does so using a micro-USB connection. Unlike MHL, which can only output to HDMI, SlimPort can output to HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and VGA. As a result, it is more compatible with a wider range of screens, including older monitors and televisions without digital inputs. SlimPort, in contrast to MHL, does not require electricity from mobile devices.
- SlimPort-compatible phone (see the SlimPort list of supported devices for further information)
- The following items are required: a micro-USB SlimPort cable or adaptor
- A video cable that is compatible with your monitor (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, or VGA)
To begin, connect the SlimPort adaptor to the USB port on your phone. Then, using the appropriate connector, connect the SlimPort adaptor to your display and you’re done. You should then be able to watch the screen of your phone on a television. It’s similar to MHL in that it’s plug-and-play.
4. How to Connect a Phone to Your TV with USB But Without HDMI
What happens if the television to which you wish to connect your phone does not support HDMI? If you want to connect your Android phone to your old display, you’ll need special adapters to convert between formats and perhaps chain them together.
- It only takes one USB to VGA Adapter to connect your phone and TV or display that has a VGA input. (For more information, see USB to VGA adapter.) To connect your phone to an RCA audio visual system, you’ll need aHDMI to RCA adapter, as well as the USB to HDMI converter indicated above in step one. The connection should be linked together as follows: phone Adapter from a USB port to an HDMI port Adapter from HDMI to RCA RCA to television
- From the phone to the SCART: The use of an HDMI to SCART converter, in addition to a USB to HDMI adapter, is required for connecting your phone to a SCART television. The connection should be chained as follows: phone Adapter from USB to HDMI Adapter from HDMI to SCART SCART to television
Can You Connect an iPhone or iPad to TV With USB?
Do you want to know how to connect your iPhone to your television using a USB cable? Unfortunately, this is not feasible. Because iPhones and iPads do not have USB ports, you will be unable to use this type of connection. A cable, on the other hand, may be used to connect iOS devices to a television. You’ll find a Lightning connector on your iPhone 5 or newer if you have one of these devices. The Lightning digital AV adapter for HDMI outputs or the Lightning to VGA converter if you have an older VGA display will be required in order to connect your iPhone to a television.
- Older iOS devices with the old 30-pin connector should instead utilize the 30-pin VGA adapter, which is available for purchase separately.
- A Lightning cord will most likely be required for this task once again.
- An Apple Lightning cable is required for all other iPads, including every iPad Mini and iPad Pro.
- After then, your phone’s screen will be mirrored on the television.
How to Transfer Files From Phone to TV Using USB
Do you want to know how to link your iPhone to your television via a USB connection? Unfortunately, this isn’t an option at the moment. The USB connection technique cannot be used with iPhones and iPads since they do not have the USB port. The use of a cable, on the other hand, allows you to connect iOS devices to televisions. You’ll find a Lightning connector on your iPhone if it’s model 5 or newer. The Lightning digital AV adapter for HDMI outputs or the Lightning to VGA converter for older VGA displays are required to connect your iPhone to a television.
Older iOS devices with the old 30-pin connector should instead utilize a 30-pin VGA adaptor, which is available for purchase separately.
A Lightning cable will very certainly be required for this task.
An Apple Lightning cable is required by all other iPads, including every iPad Mini and iPad Pro.
Then the screen on your phone will be mirrored on the television. A second Lightning port is included in Apple’s certified Lightning adapters, which allows you to charge your device while simultaneously viewing content on a second screen.
USB to TV: Connecting to View Photos
Due to the fact that modern Android smartphones do not support USB Mass Storage, your television will not recognize your device as a legitimate external drive. If your TV or monitor has a USB input, you will be able to show files from a linked storage device if the following conditions are met. Simply connect your cable to your phone, and then to your television to complete the process. Change the input on your television to USB mode while the regular USB end of the connection is attached to your display.
When connected, you may accomplish this by dragging your notifications from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.
Please keep in mind that this may not work with all televisions.
Use Samsung DeX to Connect Your Samsung Phone to a TV
Samsung flagship smartphones are among the most widely used Android devices on the market. These have the capability of connecting to televisions and monitors. You’ll need a USB-C to HDMI connection if you want to do pure screen mirroring. You will just need a USB-C to HDMI converter to connect a Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8 or later device (including the Samsung Galaxy S21 series), and your TV will be ready to go. Connect the USB-C male connector to the USB-C charging port on your Samsung Galaxy mobile to use it as a charger.
- DeX is available on the Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, and Note 8/9 handsets, among other models.
- Although you cannot run any Android applications, you can view your phone’s gallery and, in general, see anything on the huge screen.
- In some circumstances, a dock will be required in order to use DeX.
- If you are utilizing a dock, you will also require a power cord, which will be used to power the dock and charge your device.
Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs With USB: Success!
While the setup of a USB to TV connection varies depending on the device, connection type, and display inputs, it is fairly straightforward. Don’t forget, though, that wireless casting is frequently more convenient than wired casting. The ability to connect your phone or tablet to a television is available regardless of whether you’re using an Android, an iPhone, a Samsung device using DeX or another operating system. We hope you like the products and topics we propose and discuss! Because MUO participates in affiliate and sponsored agreements, we earn a portion of the money generated by some of your transactions.
What Exactly Is the Screen Door Effect in Virtual Reality?
Don’t be concerned; it isn’t a defective component; it is simply the screen door effect.
Christian Cawley is a writer and poet (1554 Articles Published) Deputy Editor for Security, Linux, DIY, programming, and Tech Explained, as well as producer of the Really Useful Podcast.
He has vast expertise in desktop and software assistance, as well as in writing and editing. Christian, a contributor to Linux Format magazine, is a Raspberry Pi tinkerer, a Lego enthusiast, and a vintage gaming enthusiast. Christian Cawley has more to say.
The setup of a USB to TV connection varies depending on the device, connection type, and number of display inputs available, but it’s surprisingly straightforward. Always remember that wireless casting is typically more convenient than wired casting, so keep that in mind. The ability to connect your phone or tablet to a television is available regardless of whether you’re using an Android, an iPhone, a Samsung device using DeX or another platform. The stuff we recommend and discuss are intended to be entertaining.
- Neither the amount you pay nor our ability to provide the best product suggestions will be affected.
- As your VR headset was being used, did you notice a checkerboard pattern?
- Follow this link to learn more about the author: Cawley, Christian (1554 Articles Published) He has vast expertise in desktop and software support and has worked as a deputy editor for Security, Linux, DIY, programming, and Tech Explained.
- The author of Linux Format magazine, Christian is a Raspberry Pi enthusiast, Lego enthusiast, and retro gaming enthusiast who enjoys writing for the publication.
How to Connect Your Phone to Your TV Via USB
- To do this, look for the USB port on your television, or use an HDMI-to-USB adaptor to add a USB port to your television. To connect the devices, use a cable that can be plugged into both the phone and the TV, or an adapter. Then, using the TV remote control or the on-screen menu, navigate to the Source button. SelectUSB
With the help of this post, you can learn how to connect your phone to your television through USB. It contains instructions for connecting a USB port to a television if it does not already have one, as well as the reasons for connecting the two devices.
How to Connect Your Phone to Your TV With USB
When it comes to connecting your phone as a signal source for your TV, if you’ve ever connected a gaming console or streaming box to your television, the process should be familiar. Before you do anything, make sure you read the instruction booklet for your television, if you have one. It should provide a great deal of relevant information about the port, including its location and how to utilize it effectively. Here’s how to use a USB cord to connect your phone to your television.
- Check to see whether your television has a USB port. Even though they’re quite prevalent on modern flat-screen televisions, it’s conceivable that your current model of television does not include them. Generally, if your TV does feature a USB port, it will be situated alongside the other ports, such as the HDMI cable. Look for a port that says “USB” on it. Don’t make the mistake of assuming it will be a regular “rectangle” USB. Examine the port itself to ensure that you have a cord that is the proper size
- Once you’ve located the USB port, plug in a USB cable that is compatible with both your device and the USB port on your television, and connect your device to check whether it begins to charge. This is the most effective method of determining whether or not it will charge your phone while you are using it. It is not recommended to connect USB hubs or other extension devices to the USB ports on your television. It is possible that it may be unable to support them and that it will create additional difficulties. Instead, consider purchasing a longer USB chord, which will provide you with a bit more access. While leaving your phone connected in, seek for the Source button on the remote control for your television. This may either be located on the side of the television or be accessible through the TV’s menu system under Source. Choose the USB connection option. You should now be able to view the screen of your phone on your television. Most likely, you’ll have to fool around with your phone a little bit in order to make the connection. For example, if you want to view a movie on your phone, you’ll need to tilt it horizontally so that the entire screen is visible. Using a stand to maintain your phone in its preferred position, or turning off Screen Rotation in your phone’s settings, may be a good idea
What If My TV Doesn’t Have a USB Port?
If your television does not already have a USB port, it is simple to add one. Most televisions have many HDMI connections, and you may connect your phone to one of these ports using an HDMI to USB converter. Simply connect your phone to the USB port on the adapter, and then connect the HDMI end to an open HDMI connection on your computer. Then connect your television to that port and continue on your journey. However, there are a handful of disadvantages to be aware of:
- This implies that you should keep an eye on your phone’s battery life because it is doubtful that it will charge over the USB connection. It is possible that the connection will not be as fast as the wireless connection. However, it will most likely be your best option
What If My TV Doesn’t See My Phone as a Source?
While some televisions have their own CPUs, some are intended to treat anything put into their USB port as if it were an external drive, such as a thumb drive.
If you find yourself in this circumstance, you may find yourself in need of an HDMI to USB converter as well, so that your television can identify your phone and the two devices can operate together.
Why Connect a Phone to a TV With USB?
It is possible to experience problems with wireless connections, particularly while “casting” (wirelessly broadcasting data from your phone or tablet to a television). The first point to consider is stability: It takes data hops from the internet to your phone, to your router or to a separate casting device, to your TV, and back again, and adding one link to any chain, even if you’re only moving from two to three connections, increases the likelihood that one of those links will snap and cause the chain to fail.
- Although your phone and television are able to speak with one another directly, there are still difficulties.
- Occasionally, they may even communicate with one another over your router or other internet connection counsel that you may provide.
- If you have a cordless phone, for example, it may be interfering with your Wi-Fi signal and making it unusable.
- Any of the technologies listed above may be overwhelmed by an unexpected demand, much like your computer may face unexpected demands on its resources from other applications, resulting in difficulties elsewhere.
- You can connect your phone while casting, but it’s possible to lose track of time if you’re immersed in a movie or a video game until it’s too late.
- Stuttering, latency, buffering, and other irritating issues are the result of all of this.
- The first advantage is that your device and your TV may communicate data directly, rather than relying on your network or a direct wireless connection that may be interrupted or unavailable.
- And, rather than casting from your device through an intermediary such as your router or a device such as the Google Chromecast, your TV will regard your device as if it were a separate device, such as a gaming console or a cable box that you have hooked into the TV.
How To Connect a Phone Or Tablet To Your TV Via USB
Despite the fact that smartphones and tablets are a convenient and excellent method to access information for on-the-go use, there is still something to be said for watching video on a large screen television. For example, you may be viewing something on your phone and would like to see it on a larger screen or share it with others in the same room. Fortunately, smartphones and tablets are designed to perform many tasks at the same time, such as listening to music, playing games, and watching video.
Users of Android and iOS devices have a plethora of gadgets and wireless alternatives available to them for connecting their phone or tablet to a television. As you’ll see in this article, connecting your phone or tablet to your television through USB is simple and straightforward.
Reasons To Connect Your Phone or Tablet To a TV
Although you can simply watch the display of your phone or tablet on a TV using wireless methods such as screen casting or devices such as Google Chromecast and others, a USB to TV connection is advantageous in a number of ways. The use of a USB connection when gaming and projecting your phone’s screen onto a television decreases latency that you might otherwise encounter with a WiFi arrangement. Also useful in situations where there is no WiFi or the wireless signal is poor, requiring you to use a physical connection to connect to the internet in order to get connected.
This is accomplished by the use of a USB to TV connection from your phone, which allows you to see your data on your TV such as images.
If you’re using a smart TV, connecting to internet apps is simple because the apps are already incorporated into the device.
Connect Your Phone or Tablet to Your TV Via USB
If you want to connect your mobile device to a TV via USB, there are several options available, including utilizing a USB cable for Android smartphones or a Lightning cable for iOS devices, Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), or SlimPort. Let’s have a look at how each of these ways works to project the screen of your phone or tablet onto your television.
Android–Using a USB Cable
It is possible to connect your mobile smartphone to a TV through USB using a variety of techniques, including a USB cable for Android devices or an Apple Lightning cable for iOS devices, Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), or SlimPort. Examine how each of these ways works to project the screen of your smartphone or tablet onto your television.
Connect With An Adapter Or Cable
It is possible to connect your mobile smartphone to a TV through USB using a variety of techniques, including a USB cable for Android devices or a Lightning cable for iOS devices, Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL), or SlimPort. Let’s have a look at how each of these approaches works to mirror the screen of your phone or tablet on your television.
Connect With a Converter
A converter allows you to reflect the screen of your phone to your television while also charging the battery of your phone at the same time. By connecting the converter to a USB-C port and an HDMI port on your TV with your charger and an HDMI cable, your screen will be projected onto your TV for as long as you wish.
Connect Using MHL
In order to reflect the screen of your phone on your television while also charging the phone’s battery, you must use a converter. This approach entails connecting the converter to a USB-C port and an HDMI port on your TV with your charger and an HDMI cable, after which your screen will be cast onto your TV for as long as you wish.
Connect Using SlimPort
When connecting your phone or tablet to your TV through USB, MHL is one of the finest options. However, you may also use a SlimPort cable, which works in a similar fashion to MHL in that it sends material from your device to your TV display, except that the outputs on the SlimPort connection are different. Despite the fact that MHL and SlimPort are both plug-and-play, MHL is limited to HDMI video output, whereas SlimPort can output through HDMI, DVI, VGA, and DisplayPort. As a result, it may be used with a variety of screens, including older televisions that do not have digital inputs but do have VGA.
A suitable device, a SlimPort adapter or cable (depending on your device), a display with HDMI, VGA, DisplayPort, or DVI input, as well as a video cable, are required in order to utilize SlimPort technology.
Connect the SlimPort adapter to your phone and connect it to your television using the appropriate cable, and you will be able to see your phone’s screen on your television.
Stream With a DLNA App
If connecting cords does not work for you, you may connect your phone or tablet to your television by using a DLNA app. DLNA is a streaming protocol that is supported by the majority of internet-connected televisions. It allows you to stream media files to your TV from your phone or tablet, provided that the files do not include DRM elements. LocalCasts, which is a free DLNA application, and AllCast, which allows you to broadcast your media files to a DLNA device, are two examples of good DLNA applications.
Connect With Samsung DeX
DeX connection is compatible with the Samsung Galaxy S8 and subsequent flagship smartphones, as well as the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. However, in order to use DeX connection on the S8, Note 8, S9, and S9+, you’ll need a dock, a power cable to charge both the phone and the dock, an HDMI cable, and a TV with an HDMI input. Another type C to HDMI connection is all that is required for other Samsung devices, such as the Note 9 and Galaxy Tab S4 or newer versions, to enter DeX mode and DeX desktop mode, respectively.
iOS–Using a Lightning Cable
When connecting your Android phone or tablet to your TV through USB, the procedure will be identical; however, a Lightning cable, which will change depending on your iPhone model, will be required. The majority of people have an iPhone 5 or newer with a Lightning connector, but in order to connect it to an HDMI output or a VGA connection, you’ll need either a Lightning digital AV converter or a Lightning to VGA adapter. For iPads, all models use the Lightning cable for iOS to TV connections, with the exception of the iPad 3 and previous devices, which use the 30-pin wire.
There are several third-party cables available, but the most of them are ineffective when it comes to watching video-streaming services such as Netflix or Hulu, or on-demand video services such as DirecTV or Comcast Xfinity.
Connect the adapter to your TV’s video output and your screen will mirror to the display once it is plugged in and turned on.
Please keep in mind that the Digital AV Adapter for iOS devices is available in two distinct types, each of which serves a different function.
Connect With a DLNA App
You can connect your iOS smartphone to an internet-enabled TV using DLNA applications, just like you can with an Android device, to stream media such as videos or music. DLNA apps will not be able to broadcast material that has been purchased from the iTunes Store because the content has been protected by digital rights management (DRM).
DLNA apps are useful since they can still detect material on other devices, such as your computer, and set up streaming to your game console, television, or another PC without requiring you to convert videos or install additional codecs in order for it to operate.
The process of connecting your phone or tablet to your television through USB varies depending on the device, connection, and display input you choose, but it isn’t too difficult if you know what you’re looking for and how to get started.
How to connect a smartphone to the TV with a USB cable and display content
Date of last modification of article: 01/01/2020 / Article ID: 00185439 IMPORTANT: This article only relates to particular items, therefore please read the rest of the page. Please refer to this article’s “Supported products” section for further information. With a Micro USB cable, you may connect an Android smartphone to a TV and see material (photos, music, and videos) stored on the smartphone on the television. You may also carry out these activities using the remote control for your television.
Smartphone powered by Android The remote control for the television Products that are supported include:
- BRAVIA TV: Models that were released in 2017 and after
- Android 4.1 or later on a smartphone Please keep in mind that other smartphone operating systems, such as iOS and Windows, are not supported. The support for this feature may or may not be available depending on the type of Android smartphone you have.
2017 models of the BRAVIA TV; models that were released in 2017 and after; Android 4.1 or higher on a smartphone Please keep in mind that other smartphone operating systems, such as iOS and Windows, are not supported by this application. Depending on the Android smartphone model, this function may or may not be available.
- Prepare the Android smartphone as well as the Micro USB cord for use. Using the Micro USB cord, connect the TV and smartphone together. Select File Transfers or MTP mode from the smartphone’s USB configuration menu. The following is an example of a screen: Open the Media Player application on your television
- Press the HOMEbutton on the remote control
- Then selectMedia
- Then selectPhoto, Music, or Video
- And then press ENTER.
- Two folders are presented when you pick one of the three options (Photo/Music/Video), as illustrated in the accompanying picture. Category The contents of each folder are taken from the smartphone’s internal and external memory storage devices. The content in the smartphone’s internal and external memory, including photos, music, and videos, is generic. It is important to note that if a Picturefolder exists in both the smartphone’s internal memory and its external memory, both Picturefolders will show independently. The remote control for the television is used to select the programming. Toggling between Photo, Music, and Video may be accomplished with the color keys.
3 Ways to Connect Android Phone to TV Using USB Cable
Android phones are typically shipped with a USB cable, which is intended for charging and data transfer to and from a computer. With the passage of time, USB has evolved into the most adaptable port ever. It is now possible to link your phone to your television. Because every television in the world has its own configuration and port, connecting an Android phone to a television may not be as simple as many people believe. If you want to use a USB connection to connect your Android phone to a television, you may attempt three alternative techniques.
1 If you have a smart TV, just plug it through a USB port
Smart TVs are meant to be readily linked to computers and other devices via a USB connection. It is possible to use this approach if you have a current smart TV and an Android phone that has video output capability. Once linked, the phone may be used as a remote control and to mirror the screen on a computer or television. It is possible that you may need to pick an input channel once the device has been connected. Please bear in mind that not all Android smartphones have the capacity to broadcast video.
If that’s the case, you can try some of the other choices listed below.
3 Mirror Android to a laptop, then to a TV
Briefly stated, the video signal from your Android phone is transmitted to a PC or laptop, and then using an HDMI cable, it is shown on a television set. Here are some apps that are recommended for performing the task.
- Vysor: Because it is a Chrome-based service, you must have Google Chrome installed on your computer in order to use it. MirrorGo is a program that was created for mobile gamers who wished to play their games on a PC, but it may also be used for mirroring.
Connect the phone to the computer when it has been linked with it, and then to the television using an HDMI connection.
The HDMI port is found on the majority of televisions on the market today. In order to broadcast the phone’s display to the TV, go to your computer and press Window+Pshortcut and then chooseDuplicate.
3 Use specialized hardware to connect wirelessly
A gadget such as Chromecast has the benefit of wirelessly mirroring the screen of a phone to a television (image courtesy of EricaJoy/Flickr). Okay, this is the last and final choice. I understand that this solution is completely off subject and appears to be deceptive due to the fact that it does not make use of a USB cable, but it may be of use to you. The hardware that I’m going to discuss is called Chromecast and Miracast. These devices can be connected to a television using an HDMI connector.
Both Chromecast and Miracast are available for purchase for between $20 and $40 per device.
However, the primary function remains essentially the same and is compatible with any (modern) television.
At the end of the day, there are three solutions available for connecting your Android phone to your television:
- If you have a smart TV, you can connect directly to it via the USB port
- Otherwise, you may connect via the HDMI port. Using computer software to project the screen of a phone onto a television
- Using Chromecast or Miracast to extend your viewing area
What are your thoughts? Which strategy do you find to be the most effective? Please share your thoughts in the comments section.
How to Connect Your Android Phone to Your TV
It happens from time to time that you’re viewing something on your phone and you’d like to share it with the group or just see it on a larger screen. Android users have a few alternatives, including built-in capabilities, third-party apps, and cable hookups, among other things. Let’s take a look at your options one by one, starting with the most straightforward and progressing to the most complex.
Cast With Chromecast
The simplest way to determine if an app supports casting on a Chromecast dongle or a smart TV with built-in Chromecast support is to first check if the app you wish to view on TV does not allow casting. If this is the case, you may easily transfer material from your phone to your television with a few touches. Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now, and Google Photos are among the applications that are supported, but many of them are already available on your Android TV or Chromecast with Google TV. Make sure your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or smart TV, and then hit the square cast icon in the app to start the casting process.
Casting is the best choice for applications that contain copyrighted content, as screen mirroring can cause Netflix and other similar services to black out the video if you try to cast.
Android Screen Mirroring
Casting is most effective when used with applications that do not contain restricted material or those aren’t officially supported by Google. You will still want a Chromecast or a smart TV that is compatible with this functionality in order to utilize it, which can then be linked to the Google Homeapp. Once the target device has been linked to your Google Home, you may begin using it. Start by opening the app and tapping on the plus (+) symbol in the top-left corner to add an additional device if necessary.
When you’re finished, close the program by tappingStop mirroring.
Since the capability was introduced with Android version 5.0 Lollipop, support for screen mirroring has differed from manufacturer to manufacturer.
There are several phones that feature a Cast button integrated within the phone’s settings or in the pulldown settings shade. Samsung’s phones offer a feature called Smart View that allows you to connect to your mobile device and exchange content with it.
Connect With an Adapter or Cable
Casting is most effective when used with applications that do not contain restricted material or those aren’t officially supported by Apple. This functionality will still require the usage of a Chromecast or a smart TV that is compatible with the Google Homeapp in order to function properly. Google Home will automatically recognize the target device after it has been added. Start by opening the app and tapping on the plus (+) symbol in the top-left corner to add any more devices that may be required.
Stop mirroring in the app once you’ve finished.
As a result of the feature’s introduction with Android version 5.0 Lollipop, support for screen mirroring has varied by manufacturer.
In order to connect and share with your mobile device, Samsung’s phones include something called Smart View.
Stream With DLNA
If none of the above mentioned solutions work for you, most internet-connected TVs feature a streaming protocol known as DLNA, which allows you to broadcast your own music and films to your television set through the internet. Be aware, however, that Netflix (as well as any other DRM-protected content) will not be supported here. Fortunately, this still covers the vast majority of the items you may wish to send from your phone to your television set. LocalCasti is a straightforward and completely free tool that allows you to stream your own music, photographs, and movies to a DLNA-enabled device such as a smart TV or gaming console.
- Even streaming from Google Drive, Dropbox, and web pages is possible with this application.
- DLNA streaming may be accomplished with the popular media management appPlex, but in a less direct manner.
- You may use the mobile app to explore your collection, select which material to stream, and transfer it to your television through Chromecast or DLNA, among other options.
- Plex, on the other hand, allows you to host media files that are far larger than those that would fit on your phone.
, first published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z, last published at: 2021-09-30T21:18:030000000Z, created at:null, updated at: 2021-09-30T21:18:21.000000Z”
Like What You’re Reading?
If none of the above mentioned solutions work for you, most internet-connected TVs feature a streaming protocol known as DLNA, which allows you to broadcast your own music and films to your television set across the internet. Netflix (as well as any DRM-protected content) will not be supported in this environment, so keep that in mind. Fortunately, this still covers the vast majority of the items you may wish to send from your phone to your television. DLNA-enabled devices, such as a smart TV or gaming console, may be streamed using the LocalCasti software, which is a simple and free program that allows you to broadcast your own music, photographs, and movies.
- Even streaming from Google Drive, Dropbox, and web pages is supported by this application.
- It is possible to use Plex as a DLNA streamer, albeit the process is more convoluted and time-consuming.
- It is possible to explore your collection using the mobile app, select which material to stream, and then transfer it to the television using Chromecast or DLNA.
- In contrast to your phone’s storage capacity, Plex allows you to host media files that are far greater in size.
- to receive the latest mobile technology news sent directly to your inbox.
How to Connect a Galaxy Device to a TV with a USB
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format You may learn how to connect a Samsung Galaxy mobile to an HDTV by reading this wikiHow. This is accomplished through the use of an HDMI cable and a cable adaptor that connects to the MicroUSB charging port on your device.
- 1 Check to see if your television is compatible with HDMI. If you have any type of high-definition television, the television set should include at least one HDMI plug-in location on the back or side of the panel.
- HDMI is supported by every model in the Samsung Galaxy S series.
- 2 Purchase a MicroUSB-to-HDMI converter. HDMI adapters are rectangular blocks with an HDMI port on one end and a cable that connects to the charging port on the other end of your phone. This enables you to connect your TV’s HDMI cord to your phone, albeit in an indirect manner.
- If you want to use a Samsung device with an official HDMI adapter, you may purchase one from Samsung
- However, you can buy cheaper, non-branded versions online and in most electronics departments of department shops. It is typically true that if you purchase the Samsung version of the HDMI adapter, you will be able to receive a replacement for free if it does not function as intended.
- 3 If an HDMI cable is required, get one. If you do not already have an HDMI cable for your HDTV, you should consider purchasing one. These are virtually always less expensive on the internet than they are at a shop
- An HDMI cable will cost between $10 and $20, depending on its quality. As a general guideline, stay away from wires that are more than 50 feet (15.2 meters) in length. It is possible to have pauses or quality degradation if the cable is longer than this.
- 4 Connect your HDMI adapter to your Samsung Galaxy S8+ smartphone. The HDMI adapter’s cable should be plugged into the charging port located at the bottom (or on the side) of your phone or tablet
- You should avoid attempting to force the connection
- If the HDMI adaptor won’t plug in, simply spin the cable 180 degrees and try again.
- 5 Plug in the HDMI adapter to a power supply of some sort. There will be a slot on the side of the HDMI adapter for the charging cord that came with your Samsung Galaxy. Connect the charging wire to the HDMI adapter after plugging the charger into a wall outlet
- This completes the process.
- By connecting the HDMI adapter to a power source, you will be able to use the HDMI converter while also keeping your Samsung Galaxy fully charged.
- 6 Connect your Samsung Galaxy to your high-definition television. The HDMI cable should have one end plugged into the HDMI slot on the back (or side) of your television. Incorporate the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI slot on the adaptor
- HDMI slots have the appearance of slender, eight-sided ports. If you use a receiver to handle all of your television’s inputs, you should connect the HDMI cable to the rear of the receiver.
- 7Turn on your television. To turn on your television, press the power button. 8 Select the input for the HDMI cable. Change the current video input to show the HDMI channel instead of the current video input. By searching for a number adjacent to the HDMI slot on your television, you may determine what channel the HDMI is connected to. Once you’ve reached your HDMI input, you should be able to view whatever is on the screen of your Samsung Galaxy on your television.
- The procedure for changing the input will differ from one television to the next. Typically, you’ll push anInputbutton on your remote control or on your television
Create a new question
- QuestionIs it possible to link a Samsung A 9.7 tablet to a television without using the internet? Screen Mirroring or Smart View is a function found on the majority of Samsung mobile devices that allows users to mirror their mobile devices with Samsung Smart TVs and other smart devices. Question What is the best way to connect my Samsung Galaxy A6 tablet to my television? Samsung Tablets are equipped with a Screen Mirroring or Smart View capability, which allows them to be used with Samsung Smart TVs and other smart devices to mirror their displays. Question What is the best way to link my phone to my Samsung TV? To connect wirelessly, go to the Settings menu on your phone and select ConnectionsScreen mirroring from the drop-down menu. When you turn on mirroring, your compatible HDTV, Blu-ray player, or AllShare Hub should appear in the list of available devices. The mirroring process will begin immediately after you have selected your device
- Question What is the best way to determine whether or not I can connect my Galaxy mobile to my HDTV? There is no restriction on which Samsung S series devices can be used together. Most Samsung smartphones also offer the ability to link to smart TVs and other devices through screen mirroring.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. Submit
- Make certain that the HDMI connection that is connected to your television is long enough to allow you to utilize your Samsung Galaxy while you are sitting.
- The use of a third-party HDMI adaptor considerably increases the likelihood of a failed connection.
About This Article
The writers of this page have together authored a page that has been read 148,404 times.
Is this article up to date?
It is necessary for me to connect my Android phone to a Samsung LED TV via a USB connection in order to view movies, images, and other media. inbuiltUa24h4003armxl By attaching an HDMI cable to your LED television monitor, you may connect any Samsung Android phone to your LED television display in seconds. HDMI is an acronym that stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface, which indicates that both audio and video may be sent simultaneously over a single connection. The capacity of the television to do this function is referred to as the ConnectShare Transfer feature by the manufacturer, Samsung.
Images will perform optimally if the television is set to Film Mode, which instructs the television to automatically process signals from all image and video sources and to automatically modify the picture for the greatest viewing experience possible.
To connect your Android phone to your television, it has an outgoing port at the base of the phone (the same port that you use to charge the phone), which is found on all Android phones.
I am trying to hook my tablet to my TV for Netflix. I have the HDMI cable connected to both and getting a message on the TV saying retrieving data, and then nothing happens?
The HDMI cable is linked between the tablet and the television. On the television, I am using HDMI 1. It claims it is retrieving data, but nothing happens; I am connecting Netflix to the computer. What exactly is the problem? I’ve tried a few things: Changing between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 on and off as needed. I believe the following factors were responsible: I’m not sure. Is it possible that you’ve recently connected additional devices to these ports via the HDMI cable? It’s possible that the HDMI cable or ports have been damaged.
You did not specify if your television was a Smart TV or what type of tablet you were using, but this is the best choice for resolving your problem.
Hi, I have an LG G3 that I want to connect to my Samsung TV with HDMI socket, how can I do that?
Hello, I have an LG G3 that I would like to connect to my Samsung TV that has an HDMI port, but I’m not sure how to go about doing so. Nothing has worked for me thus far. With the help of the Slimport Adapter, you may connect your LG G3 to your Samsung TV utilizing Miracast technology and the instructions outlined in the preceding article. An instructional YouTube video on how to accomplish this with your LG G3 can be found here.
I am trying to connect to my cable box?
I’m attempting to connect my Samsung Galaxy 5 to my cable box through USB.
- A) Due to the fact that websites (particularly for accessories) are constantly changing, please use this general link and browse for HDTV on Samsung’s website
- 2Connect the cable box to the television using an HDMI cable. 3Connect the HDMI cable to the Samsung Smart Adapter
- Now you are finished. In the Smart Adapter, connect the small USB wire that came with your Galaxy S5 charger
- And 5Plug the Smart Adapter into the small USB connector on the bottom of your Galaxy S5 that you use to charge your phone. Check that the HDMI port that you used to connect to your cable box is designated as the viewing option on your TV by turning them both on. 7 The ability to stream films and music through your cable box will soon be available to you.
- Please keep in mind that these steps are needed after you have successfully configured Screen Mirroring between your cable box and S5.
It is important to note that these instructions are required after you have successfully set up Screen Mirroring between your cable box and your S5.
How do I watch video on my TV (not smart but with HDMI outlet)?
There are several films I’ve downloaded throughout the years, including some of my DVDs, which I’ve downloaded and disposed of. In my home, I have four unlimited data plans, and I refuse to pay the monopolizing cable provider any further money to connect them all together. I, on the other hand, do not have a smart TV; instead, I have a flat screen with HDMI. According to what I’ve read, someone else is monopolizing the market because my S7 does not appear to be able to connect. I’m not attempting to purchase a slew of products and experiment with them one at a time.
- I’m sure one of these gadgets can be linked (through a cable) to my television when I have a desire for one of my old favorite shows or perhaps a whole series.
- I have phone cables with USB ends and HDMI cords; what piece of equipment would really link them and make them work?
- There is no WiFi, no Chromecast, and no Fire Stick.
- What can I say, I’m a scrounger.
- 1Connect an MHL adapter that is compatible with your Android device. a micro USB cable to the MHL adapter, and then connect the USB end of the cable to a power source (such as a computer or a wall unit)
- 3Connect your TV to your computer using an HDMI wire. 4) Connect your HDMI cable to the MHL adapter on the opposite end of the device. 5After turning on your television, switch between the HDMI input sources until you discover your device.
The cords are too big for my phone?
Okay, I have two large tables, and that is all I have; there isn’t a single outlet for my phone. Does it matter if I use my USB chord to charge my phone as well as one of the HDMI cords, or do they all need to be linked together? I’ve tried everything: nothing works. I believe the following factors were responsible: I’m not sure.
This is due to the fact that if your device does not have an HDMI port, you will need to purchase a Smart Adapter for it. In order to connect the gadget to your TV/Stereo, you will need to connect the HDMI cable to a tiny USB port located on the device.
HDMI cable for television isn’t working the way I thought it should?
Hello, I have an Android phone, and although my television is not a smart TV, it does have an HDMI connector on the back. The HDMI cable I purchased has one end that connects to the TV and the other that connects to my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy A3) When I connect them, I don’t appear to be able to see anything on my television. I have selected the HDMI source option on my television, however the screen on the television remains blank. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, but the Lexsor brand of television is what I’m using.
This, I believe, was the cause: I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong or whether I require a smart TV.
However, you will still need to enable your Mirrorcast on the Galaxy A3 and ensure that your adapter is an Audio/Video Smart Adapter capable of displaying both audio and video.
USB is connected to TV what is next process to see you tube song on TV?
What is the next step in order to watch a YouTube song on TV while connected to the internet? We were unable to establish a connection with TVVisiHow QnA. This section has not yet been written. Do you want to take part? To compose this response, select EDIT from the drop-down menu.
You’re probably wondering why your Samsung TV has a USB port on the back of it. Most Samsung televisions include a USB port next to the HDMI connector, either on the back or on the side of the television. There are a variety of reasons why your TV has a USB port. There are those who will use it to plug in lights that will illuminate the back of the television, while others will use it to connect auxiliary devices, such as keyboards. We will be concentrating on how to connect your iPhone to your television, as well as the functions that are provided by these connections.
Find the Port
The existence of a USB port on the back of your Samsung TV is likely something you’ve wondered about. Most Samsung televisions include a USB port next to the HDMI port on the back or side of the television. There are a variety of reasons for this USB port to be present. Some may use it to connect auxiliary devices such as a keyboard, while others may use it to plug in lights that illuminate the back of the television set. We will be concentrating on the various methods of connecting your iPhone to your television, as well as the features that are provided by each method.
- Find the USB port on your Samsung television. It will be labeled “USB” and will most likely be located on the back or side of the television. Take the lightning cord that you would normally use to charge your phone and put it directly into the TV, then connect your iPhone to it via the cable. When you turn on the television, the iPhone will begin charging right away.
The iPhone and the television will very certainly have popup advertisements that will display.
Both of these can be ignored for the purposes of charging. Following that, we’ll go through how to take advantage of those popup features.
Viewing Once Connected
The iPhone and the television will almost certainly display pop-up advertisements. It is possible to disregard both in terms of charging. Following that, we’ll go through how to take advantage of the popup features.
Can All Samsung TVs View Images Via USB?
Some Samsung TV software versions may seem a bit different than others, but following these instructions will get you started in the right path. Here are four procedures to follow in order to view your photographs on the television.
- Using the TV’s remote control, turn the television off and then back on again. I’ve discovered that, in the majority of circumstances, the iPhone will not connect until you do this first
- In order to connect your iPhone to your TV, you must first connect it to the USB port on the TV with the lightning to USB connection. When the popup box asks “Allow this device to view photographs and videos?” on the iPhone, select “Allow.” In this case, the television will display an alert saying “New device: iPhone connected.” You will use the Samsung remote to go through this section.
The Samsung TV will now direct you to a screen that displays files and folders in a manner similar to that of a PC or Mac. When the device is linked in this manner, the images are shown differently since the device has been configured to read as a storage device exclusively, bypassing the iPhone’s operating system. They are all kept in the Photos app on your iPhone, which is where you are currently seeing them. You may now navigate through the picture folders using the Samsung remote control.
Connecting your iPhone to your Samsung TV through USB may be accomplished in a number of different ways and for a number of different reasons. All you have to do is find the port on the back of the television, put in your cord, then figure out what you want to do from there. It’s that simple.