- 1 How to Connect Any Phone or Tablet to Your TV Using USB
- 2 Why Use USB to Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs?
- 3 How to Connect Android Phones and Tablets to TVs With USB
- 4 Can You Connect an iPhone or iPad to TV With USB?
- 5 How to Transfer Files From Phone to TV Using USB
- 6 USB to TV: Connecting to View Photos
- 7 Use Samsung DeX to Connect Your Samsung Phone to a TV
- 8 Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs With USB: Success!
- 9 4 Ways to Connect Your iPhone to Your TV
- 10 Jump to:
- 11 Using an HDMI cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 12 Using a Plug and Play cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
- 13 Connecting your iPhone to your smart TV
- 14 Using Apple TV or an Airplay-compatible TV to stream on your TV
- 15 Big screen or small screen, you decide
- 16 How to Connect iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to TV with USB
- 17 Part 1: Advantages of USB connection
- 18 Part 2: How to connect iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to TV with USB
- 19 How to Connect Your iPhone to a Samsung TV
- 20 AirPlay 2 compatibility
- 21 Connect iPhone via AirPlay 2
- 22 Connect via AirPlay (only audio)
- 23 Adjusting AirPlay settings
- 24 Connecting iPhone via HDMI
- 25 A note on third-party apps
- 26 How to stream from an iPhone using AirPlay 2
- 27 AirPlay 2 compatible Samsung TVs and Smart Monitors
- 28 Share media to your TV and Smart Monitor with AirPlay 2
- 29 Change AirPlay 2 settings on your TV and Smart Monitor
- 30 Contact Samsung Support
- 31 How to Connect Your iPhone to Your TV
- 32 Video
- 33 Is this article up to date?
- 34 Connect an iPhone to a TV with an AV cable
- 35 Connect an iPhone to a TV with Apple TV
- 36 Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
- 37 Part 1. What Are the Advantages of USB Connection
- 38 Part 2. How to Connect iPhone to TV with USB
- 39 Part 3. How to Connect iPhone to TV Wireless
- 40 Part 4. How to Connect iPhone to TV with Chromecast
How to Connect Any Phone or Tablet to Your TV Using USB
Connecting a phone to your television is not as straightforward as it may appear. If you want to watch Netflix, exchange photographs, or use your phone for home office work, connecting a cable between your phone and television is a complicated process. However, it is not difficult; it is only a matter of picking the appropriate cable. Listed here is all you need to know about connecting an Android or iOS phone or tablet to a television using a USB cord.
Why Use USB to Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs?
With the accessibility and widespread usage of casting to wirelessly replicate a phone screen, you might be wondering why you would want to connect your phone via a USB to TV connection instead. When you connect a phone to your television through a hardwired connection, you will receive a signal with low latency. For example, if you intend to use your phone to mirror to a television in order to play games, a USB connection rather than a WiFi arrangement will be required. The latency is significantly reduced as a result of this.
There are several techniques for connecting your phone or tablet to a television.
- USB-C cable with DisplayPort
- USB cable with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link)
- USB cable with SlimPort
- USB cable with MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link).
The method by which you connect your phone to the television is dependent on the device and operating system you are using. Despite the fact that all methods are the same, the process for connecting an iPhone vs an Android smartphone is different. In a similar vein, the connection method you use will vary based on your requirements. Your charging cord and mobile device are required for little more than viewing images on a suitable television. A USB adaptor, on the other hand, is required for screen mirroring.
The instructions outlined here for connecting your phone to a television are applicable to phones from Samsung, LG, and a variety of other manufacturers.
How to Connect Android Phones and Tablets to TVs With USB
When it comes to connecting Android phones and tablets to your television, you have two options:
- USB-C cable with support for DisplayPort
- USB cable with support for MHL
- USB cable with support for Slimport
We’ll take a look at each one individually below.
1. Connect Your Phone to a HDMI TV Using USB Type-C
The USB Type-C connector is found in the majority of the most modern Android handsets. Known by the acronym USB-C, this is a cylinder-shaped input that replaces the micro-USB port on computers and is used for charging and data transfer. It has compatibility for the DisplayPort standard, which allows you to mirror the display of your phone or tablet to a television through a USB-C to HDMI cable. The USB-C cable must be connected to the Android device before being connected to a compatible docking station with HDMI out or a USB-C to HDMI converter.
2. Connecting Phone to TV Using USB With MHL
A micro-USB cable is used to connect a phone to an HDMI TV using the MHL standard, which is one of the most prevalent options. With the use of this technology, MHL-compatible devices, like as smartphones and tablets, may connect to television sets and projectors.
On the official MHL website, you may browse through a list of MHL-enabled devices. You will require the following items in order to utilize Mobile High-Definition Link:
- Devices required: MHL-enabled phone, USB to HDMI MHL adapter or cable, HDMI cable, and power cord.
Despite the fact that this is a common configuration, the precise wire you’ll require differs. GoogleMHL cable is an acronym for Google Mobile High-Definition Link. in order to obtain a list of suitable cables First, connect your phone to a TV using a USB cable and an MHL adapter. Then, connect your phone to the TV using the MHL adapter. The adapter will require electricity, which may be supplied by either the USB connection on the cable or an external power source. Although MHL formerly necessitated the use of a power cable, MHL 2.0 eliminates this requirement.
Using the MHL connection, connect your phone to your television and then to your computer.
Overall, Mobile High-Definition Link is one of the most effective ways for connecting an Android phone to a television with the use of a USB cord.
3. Connecting Phone to TV Using USB SlimPort
It is possible to connect an older phone to a television using a SlimPort cable if you have an older phone. SlimPort is similar to MHL in that it provides different outputs, but it does so using a micro-USB connection. Unlike MHL, which can only output to HDMI, SlimPort can output to HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, and VGA. As a result, it is more compatible with a wider range of screens, including older monitors and televisions without digital inputs. SlimPort, in contrast to MHL, does not require electricity from mobile devices.
- SlimPort-compatible phone (see the SlimPort list of supported devices for further information)
- The following items are required: a micro-USB SlimPort cable or adaptor
- A video cable that is compatible with your monitor (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort, or VGA)
To begin, connect the SlimPort adaptor to the USB port on your phone. Then, using the appropriate connector, connect the SlimPort adaptor to your display and you’re done. You should then be able to watch the screen of your phone on a television. It’s similar to MHL in that it’s plug-and-play.
4. How to Connect a Phone to Your TV with USB But Without HDMI
What happens if the television to which you wish to connect your phone does not support HDMI? If you want to connect your Android phone to your old display, you’ll need special adapters to convert between formats and perhaps chain them together.
- It just takes one USB to VGA Adapter to connect your phone and TV or display that has a VGA input. (For more information, see USB to VGA adapter.) To connect your phone to an RCA audio visual system, you’ll need aHDMI to RCA adapter, as well as the USB to HDMI converter indicated above in step one. The connection should be linked together as follows: phone Adapter from a USB port to an HDMI port Adapter from HDMI to RCA RCA to television
- From the phone to the SCART: The use of an HDMI to SCART converter, in addition to a USB to HDMI adapter, is required for connecting your phone to a SCART television. The connection should be chained as follows: phone Adapter from USB to HDMI Adapter from HDMI to SCART SCART to television
Can You Connect an iPhone or iPad to TV With USB?
Do you want to know how to connect your iPhone to your television using a USB cable? Unfortunately, this is not feasible. Because iPhones and iPads do not have USB ports, you will be unable to use this type of connection. A cable, on the other hand, may be used to connect iOS devices to a television. You’ll find a Lightning connector on your iPhone 5 or newer if you have one of these devices. The Lightning digital AV adapter for HDMI outputs or the Lightning to VGA converter if you have an older VGA display will be required in order to connect your iPhone to a television.
Older iOS devices with the old 30-pin connector should instead utilize the 30-pin VGA adapter, which is available for purchase separately.
A Lightning cord will most likely be required for this task once again.
An Apple Lightning cable is required for all other iPads, including every iPad Mini and iPad Pro.
After then, your phone’s screen will be mirrored on the television. Apple’s certified Lightning adapters have an additional Lightning connector, which may be used to charge your device while viewing content on a second screen on your computer.
How to Transfer Files From Phone to TV Using USB
While screen mirroring is the most typical application for connecting a phone to a TV through USB, there is an additional application to consider. Instead of using it as a screen mirroring device, you may use it as a storage device to display photos and movies on your television. This, however, will necessitate the use of a suitable monitor, television, or projector. The majority of current screens should be able to accommodate USB storage. This is the simplest of the several USB to TV connection techniques available.
The type of cable you require is determined on the phone you are using.
Users of Android devices will require a micro-USB or USB-C cable as an alternative.
USB to TV: Connecting to View Photos
Due to the fact that modern Android smartphones do not support USB Mass Storage, your television will not recognize your device as a legitimate external drive. If your TV or monitor has a USB input, you will be able to show files from a linked storage device if the following conditions are met. Simply connect your cable to your phone, and then to your television to complete the process. Change the input on your television to USB mode while the regular USB end of the connection is attached to your display.
When connected, you may accomplish this by dragging your notifications from the top of the screen to the bottom of the screen.
Please keep in mind that this may not work with all televisions.
Use Samsung DeX to Connect Your Samsung Phone to a TV
Samsung flagship smartphones are among the most widely used Android devices on the market. These have the capability of connecting to televisions and monitors. You’ll need a USB-C to HDMI connection if you want to do pure screen mirroring. You will just need a USB-C to HDMI converter to connect a Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+/Note 8 or later device (including the Samsung Galaxy S21 series), and your TV will be ready to go. Connect the USB-C male connector to the USB-C charging port on your Samsung Galaxy mobile to use it as a charger.
DeX is available on the Samsung Galaxy S8, S9, and Note 8/9 handsets, among other models.
Although you cannot run any Android applications, you can view your phone’s gallery and, in general, see anything on the huge screen.
In some circumstances, a dock will be required in order to use DeX.
You can utilize a USB-C to HDMI connection in some cases (such as the newest Galaxy Note phones), which is more convenient than a specialized dock in other cases. If you are utilizing a dock, you will also require a power cord, which will be used to power the dock and charge your device.
Connect Phones, Tablets, and TVs With USB: Success!
While the setup of a USB to TV connection varies depending on the device, connection type, and display inputs, it is fairly straightforward. Don’t forget, though, that wireless casting is frequently more convenient than wired casting. The ability to connect your phone or tablet to a television is available regardless of whether you’re using an Android, an iPhone, a Samsung device using DeX or another operating system. We hope you like the products and topics we propose and discuss! Because MUO participates in affiliate and sponsored agreements, we earn a portion of the money generated by some of your transactions.
- It’s Elecrow Crowbits, the ultimate LEGO-compatible STEM learning system that grows together with your child.
- Is it possible to have a better day than this?
- Christian Cawley is a writer and poet (1553 Articles Published) Deputy Editor for Security, Linux, DIY, programming, and Tech Explained, as well as producer of the Really Useful Podcast.
- Christian, a contributor to Linux Format magazine, is a Raspberry Pi tinkerer, a Lego enthusiast, and a vintage gaming enthusiast.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive tech tips, reviews, free ebooks, and special offers! To become a subscriber, please visit this page.
4 Ways to Connect Your iPhone to Your TV
At Allconnect, we strive to provide high-quality information that is free of editorial bias. Despite the fact that this post may contain offers from our partners, the thoughts expressed here are our own. Here’s how we generate revenue. The majority of us are accustomed to using our iPhones and iPads to view videos and listen to music. Was it ever dawned on you that it’s really simple to transfer video and audio from your phone to your TV (and even your home stereo)? You may choose from a number of straightforward alternatives, ranging from connecting a cable to transmitting signals wirelessly through a smart TV or Apple TV.
- Connecting your iPhone to your television set with an HDMI cable
- Connecting your iPhone to your television set with a Plug and Play connection
- Using a smart TV to connect your iPhone to your television
- Using Apple TV to stream content to your television
Using an HDMI cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
If you want to utilize your applications and see your favorite content on a larger screen, this may be the most cost-effective option for you. The good news is that it will handle both sound and video – and is quite simple to set up. If you have an iPad, this approach may be beneficial for you as well – however you may want a different sort of adapter in order to do so (also known as a dongle).
What do you need?
- HDMI cable with an HDMI connector on each end
- Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- TV with an unused HDMI port
- And other accessories.
When it comes to purchasing HDMI cables, there is a plethora of options to pick from. Consider your financial situation, personal preferences, and most often used items. Furthermore, keep in mind that the cable will need to extend from the back of your TV to the iPhone – so make sure to choose one that is long enough.
Additionally, while purchasing any cords, make certain that your iPhone and iOS software are compatible with the particular cable you are considering purchasing.
How to connect your iPhone with an HDMI cable and the Lightning Adapter
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your television and the other end to a free HDMI port on your computer. Look for it on the edges of the television and behind it as well. This device should be labeled with the HDMI designation
- Make a note of the number. Using the other end of the HDMI cable, connect it to the Lightning Digital A/V Adapter on your computer. Connect your iPhone’s Lighting connection to the computer. Activate your television by turning it on and using your remote control or the TV controls to choose the proper HDMI port that you just put the cable into
- You should see the picture and sound from your iPhone or iPad shown on the screen.
Using a Plug and Play cable to connect your iPhone to your TV
It is not necessary to purchase two separate cables if your TV supports USB connections to your phone. Instead, you may get a Plug and Play cable that includes an HDMI side, a USB connection, and also the Lighting side for your iPhone, saving you the cost of purchasing two separate cables. Although it’s important to remember that some HDMI cables will not work with premium memberships or applications.
How to connect your iPhone with a Plug and Play cable
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your TV, and the other end to the USB port on your TV. Look for ports that have the HDMI and USB labels attached to them. The Lighting side should be connected to your iPhone. Activate your television and check for the HDMI input that you selected
- Start watching what’s on your phone on your television set
Connecting your iPhone to your smart TV
Some smart TV models actually include built-in iPhone capability — seek for a feature called Airplay on your TV’s specifications page to confirm this. However, if your TV does not support Airplay, there are particular applications available that, depending on the model of your TV, will enable you to display the content that you are now viewing on your iPhone on your TV. This allows you to play games on a large screen while also streaming your paid subscriptions.
What do you need?
- A television with smart features
- Your iPhone is compatible with the operating system of your smart TV
- A mirroring application
In certain cases, depending on the brand of your smart TV, there may be a brand-specific app that allows you to stream photographs and videos directly from your iPhone while simultaneously acting as a remote control for your smart TV. If you don’t already have a TV-specific app on your iPhone, theNero Streaming Playerapp allows you to mirror the material on your iPhone directly onto your smart TV.
How to connect your iPhone to your smart TV
- Get the app from the App Store. For the purposes of illustration, we will use theNero Streaming Player. Ensure that your iPhone and your smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Make a decision about what you want to stream and then tap on the option that allows you to stream particular content from your iPhone into your television.
Using Apple TV or an Airplay-compatible TV to stream on your TV
If you have an Apple TV, you may take use of its capabilities to connect your phone to your television virtually instantly. The choices allow you to stream music and presentations, as well as share images on your television and watch films, among other things. Some of the most recent televisions also have Airplay built in, which means you may connect straight to your device following the procedure shown below.
What do you need?
- Apple TV or an Airplay-compatible television
- An iOS smartphone that is compatible with Apple TV
To connect your phone to your TV with your Apple TV, just follow the steps outlined below if your iOS device is compatible with the Apple TV.
How to connect your iPhone with Apple TV
- Create a connection between your iOS smartphone and Apple TV using the same Wi-Fi network. Swipe up or down to reveal and launch the Control Center, depending on which version you have installed. Swipe down on iPhones running iOS 12 or later to access the menu. Slide up to see previous versions
- Swipe down to see later ones Screen mirroring may be enabled by selecting your Apple TV or Airplay-compatible TV from the drop-down menu. As soon as you see the AirPlay icon on your TV screen, tap it and input the name of the app on your iOS device. By simply turning your phone, you may select the screen orientation — vertical or horizontal — that you want the TV to display
- The TV display will adjust itself automatically. Take use of the large screen to watch your favorite entertainment
This is also the method through which you may connect your iPad and iPod Touch to your Apple TV.
Big screen or small screen, you decide
Once you’ve connected your iPhone to your TV using the appropriate connection method, you’ll be able to start viewing everything that you see on your phone on your TV – you’re not limited to just video, either; you can also mirror the screen, which is great for looking at pictures and even browsing websites on your TV. Remember that you may rotate your phone sideways for a better perspective; in most cases, videos will do this automatically on both your phone and your TV, and even if your phone is horizontal, the video will automatically switch to full landscape view on your TV.
Remember that the same techniques may be used to connect your iPad to your television if you wish to learn how to do so.
How to Connect iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to TV with USB
The iPhone will be used in a variety of ways by its users in order to maximize its capabilities. You wish to link your iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to your television so that you may utilize them on a larger screen. What is the best way to connect? What you require is a USB flash drive. This guide will show you how to connect your iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to your TV using a USB cable in a quick and efficient manner.
The establishment of an iPhone USB connection to a television will be covered in greater detail in the upcoming post, which will provide users with appropriate alternatives.
- Part 1: The benefits of using a USB connection
- Part 2: How to connect an iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to a television using a USB connection
iPhone Transfer Tool
Transferring Files from a PC to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod without the use of iTunes
- Transfer, manage, and export/import your music, images, videos, contacts, SMS, and applications, among other things
- And Backup your music, photographs, movies, contacts, SMS, applications, and other data to your PC and recover it quickly
- Everything may be transferred between two mobile phones via a phone-to-phone transfer. Features such as repair iOS/iPod, rebuild iTunes Library, file explorer, and ringtone creator are among the most prominent. Fully compatible with iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10, iOS 11, and the iPod touch
- Fully compatible with iOS 7.
It has been downloaded by a number of persons who have verified its security.
Part 1: Advantages of USB connection
There are a number of advantages to connecting an iPhone to a television through USB, and they may be considered advantages of utilizing USB ports in general as well.
- The USB connection will give a fast and consistent transfer rate. The average transfer rate while utilizing a USB 2.0 connector is 12MB/Second. In comparison to UART, typical parallel ports are significantly slower and may result in data loss while connecting to UART. A single USB port may accommodate up to 128 devices at the same time. Furthermore, users can take advantage of the hubs in order to do their tasks more efficiently
- Because the USB ports are self-powered, customers do not have to be concerned about power loss while connecting their iPhone to the USB ports. When users attach devices to a computer through a USB connection, the system will immediately install the device’s driver, allowing them to complete their tasks more quickly. When using the regular parallel ports, both the device and the system will cease to function properly. It is only necessary to plug in the device again for the connection to be restored if individuals are using the USB connection. When compared to parallel connectors, USB ports are significantly smaller in size. A single parallel port requires two sets of 25 pins, but a single USB port requires only one set of wires. Users will benefit from the greater convenience that USB ports provide over the typical parallel port.
Part 2: How to connect iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus) to TV with USB
- Because the iPhone is entirely compatible with USB ports, customers may effortlessly connect their iPhone to their television using a USB connection. The topic of connecting an iPhone to a television through USB will be covered in greater depth in the second half of the course. What’s the deal with USB? As previously said, the USB connection gives a great deal of simplicity for the connection. If users make full use of the USB ports, they may make the process of connecting to the computer quite simple. Before beginning the process of connecting an iPhone to a television, users need gather all of the necessary materials. Conditions: 1. A television with a USB port
- 2. An iPhone that can create a connection
- 3. A Wi-Fi connection in a searching area
- 4. In certain situations, a laptop or a computer. The procedure is as follows: Simply follow the instructions outlined below to connect your iPhone to your television for the first time using a USB connection.
- Connect the dock connector to the iPhone adapter, and then connect the iPhone to the adapter using the USB cable. Connect the HDMI wire from the AV adapter to the television
- In the TV’s settings, make sure HDMI is selected as the input. Choose the relevant HDMI number in the settings in accordance with the cable you plugged in during Step 2 of this procedure. Lock and unlock the iPhone to determine if a successful connection has been created. This completes the procedure in its entirety
It may take some time for customers to become accustomed to connecting their iPhone to their television through a USB cord. Despite the fact that this technology has been in development for a long time, only a small number of individuals have actually used it. As long as individuals follow this procedure, they will find it comfortable to watch the iPhone 8/7S/7/6S/6 (Plus)/5S/5 screen on their television. If you find this tutorial useful, please spread the word to your friends and family.
How to Connect Your iPhone to a Samsung TV
Casting material from a bite-sized mobile device to a larger display is perfect for seeing images, watching films, and mirroring whatever is currently displayed on the screen of your smaller hardware to a panel with far more viewing real estate than your smaller hardware. Casting music and video from your iOS smartphone has never been easier thanks to Apple’s AirPlay technology — which is especially convenient for those who are dedicated to the Apple ecosystem. But, did you know that you can also utilize AirPlay 2 with a variety of smart TVs that are compatible with it?
In this article, we’ll teach you step-by-step how to utilize AirPlay 2 to stream video from your iOS devices to your Samsung QLED TV in your living room.
AirPlay 2 compatibility
Not all Samsung TVs are compatible with AirPlay 2, but as time goes on, more and more of the company’s products on the market are equipped with the capability out of the box. Samsung has been delivering AirPlay 2 compatibility on select televisions since the beginning of 2018. There are several Samsung TVs and monitors that are compatible with AirPlay 2, and the following is a list of them:
- Smart Full HDTV N5300, 4K UHD TV, QLED 4K, Frame TV are some of the new models for 2018. Frame TV, Serif TV, 4K UHD TV, 8K, and 4K QLED TVs will be available in 2019. 2020: Crystal UHD TVs, Premiere Projector, Frame TV, Serif TV, 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2021: 8K and 4K QLED TVs, Frame TV, Crystal UHD TVs, 27-inch and 32-inch M5 Smart Monitors, 32-inch M7 Smart Monitor
- 2022: Crystal UHD TVs, Premiere Projector, Frame TV, Serif TV, 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2023: Crystal UHD TVs,
Connect iPhone via AirPlay 2
For starters, make sure that your Samsung TV and your iPhone are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network. Follow these steps to play AirPlay content on your television, and if you want more assistance, we recommend that you visitSamsung’s support page for additional information on your specific TV model.
AirPlay (video and audio)
Step 1: To launch the Control Center on your iPhone, scroll down from the top-right corner of the screen. Step 2: Press theScreen Mirroringbutton on your keyboard. Step 3: Select the Samsung TV choice that has been offered. Step 4:If prompted, enter the code that appears on your Samsung television screen.
Connect via AirPlay (only audio)
Step 1: To launch the Control Center on your iPhone, scroll down from the top-right corner of the screen. Step 2: Select the Now Playingwidget from the drop-down menu. Step 3: Select the AirPlayicon from the menu bar (a small circle with a triangle). Step 4: Select the Samsung TV option from the drop-down menu. Step 5:If prompted, enter the code that appears on your Samsung television screen.
That’s all there is to it! If you have a Samsung TV that supports AirPlay 2, connecting and sharing your favorite video on the big screen is as simple as pressing a button. In any case, you may want to consider the wired HDMI alternative that is offered below.
Adjusting AirPlay settings
Alternatively, you may access the AirPlay 2 settings on your Samsung TV by going to theSettingsmenu on your TV, selectingGeneral, and thenApple AirPlay Settings from the drop-down menu. AirPlay may be turned on or off from this menu, and you can also choose whether or not a connection requires you to provide a code for enhanced security. Finally, if you require assistive services such as subtitles or captions, you may pick whether or not these settings are activated by default and how they appear in general.
Connecting iPhone via HDMI
If your Samsung television does not support AirPlay 2, you may still use your iPhone to display content on the big screen by connecting it to the television using an HDMI connection and a Lightning-to-HDMI converter. An adapter of this type is available for purchase through Apple’s official shop, but you may get considerably less expensive alternatives that are just as effective on Amazon. You can connect your iPhone to your television in the same way you would any other device once you have gotten the HDMI cable and the necessary converter.
A note on third-party apps
It is also possible to link your iPhone to your TV by using a third-party app, such as Airbeam’s Mirror for Samsung TV, which is available for free. While testing, we were unable to locate any third-party applications that worked without causing any consequences, such as latency or stuttering. Even if you have a Samsung Smart TV that does not support AirPlay 2, one of these applications may be able to function for you; however, keep in mind that your results may vary depending on your device.
- How to position and configure your subwoofer
- Companies such as Westinghouse and Polk Audio have joined the Roku TV Ready initiative. You won’t believe how inexpensive this 65-inch QLED television is right now. For a limited time, this 70-inch television is available at Best Buy for $550
- Instructions on how to mirror your smartphone or tablet on your television
How to stream from an iPhone using AirPlay 2
- A Samsung representative from Best Buy will contact you to arrange a time for you to try out the Galaxy S10.
- A Samsung salesperson at Best Buy can arrange for you to have a personal presentation of your next galaxy device.
- Our Samsung agent would want to learn more about you so that they may better help you in the future.
- I accept to receive information from Samsung, including special offers and promotions.
- We look forward to seeing you soon!
- If you purchase the Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+, you will receive a free 6-month subscription to Spotify Premium.
- Leave the repairs to the professionals.
- ß A one-year warranty is included at no additional cost.
- Everything from your iPad’s playlists and podcasts to the photos and movies on your iPhone can now be seen on your Samsung TV, no matter where they came from.
When you use AirPlay 2, which is available on select Samsung TV models (2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021), you’ll be able to stream programs, movies, and music from all your Apple devices, as well as cast photos from your Apple devices to your TV. Additionally, you may cast to your Samsung Smart Monitor!
AirPlay 2 compatible Samsung TVs and Smart Monitors
If you want to know which devices are compatible with AirPlay 2, have a look at the following list:
- M5 Smart Monitors in sizes of 27″ and 32″ in 2021
- M7 Smart Monitor in size of 32″ in 2021
- 2020 Premiere projectors and Crystal UHD televisions
- 2019 Frame, Serif, and 4K UHD televisions
- 2018 Smart Full HDTV N5300
- And 2020 Premiere projectors and Crystal UHD televisions
Please keep in mind that Evolution kits will not have AirPlay 2 or Apple TV capability.
The sharing of photos, movies, and music from your iOS devices, such as iPhones, iPads, and Mac computers can be done straight on your Samsung TV and Samsung Smart Monitor thanks to AirPlay 2! If your TV and Smart Monitor are not linked to the internet, you’ll need to make sure your iOS device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV and Smart Monitor.
- Depending on your television or smart monitor, you may need to enable AirPlay before you can begin streaming video. To do so, go to Settings, click General, and then pick Apple AirPlay Settings from the drop-down menu. Using this menu, you may activate the function. When you want to share photographs or videos, go to the Photosapp app on your phone and open it. Make a selection and hit theShareicon in the lower left corner to send your photo or video to someone else
- You may stream to your TV or Smart Monitor by selecting AirPlay and then selecting the name of the TV or Smart Monitor. It’s possible that you’ll notice a code on the screen. In order for the material to show, you must enter this code into your phone. The picture or video will be displayed on the device you have specified. To listen to music on your phone, browse to and open a music player, such as Spotify, on your device. When you’ve found the perfect music, tap theAirPlayicon at the bottom of your screen. After that, choose the name of the TV or Smart Monitor to which you wish to stream the content. It’s possible that you’ll notice a code on the screen. In order for the material to show, you must enter this code into your phone. The audio will begin to play through the device that you have chosen. To turn off the music, tap theAirPlayicon a second time and then pick your TV or Smart Monitor from the drop-down menu. As an alternative, if you were already listening to audio on your phone, you may just slide down from the top right corner of the screen to reveal the control center. Then, on the audio player’s AirPlayicon, select the device to which you want to stream the audio
Change AirPlay 2 settings on your TV and Smart Monitor
On your TV and Smart Monitor, you may make a few AirPlay 2 configuration changes immediately. Simply go toSettings, select General, and then pick Apple AirPlay Settings from the drop-down menu. You will be presented with the following options:
- AirPlay:Selecting this option will enable and disable the AirPlay capability on your device. Code Requirement: You have the choice of requiring a passcode the first time you connect an iOS device or every time you connect an iOS device, depending on your preferences. Additionally, you may design your own passcode if you so wish. You may also chooseReset Paired Devicesfrom this option if you want to completely wipe the memory of your TV or Smart Monitor of all iOS devices. Subtitles and closed captioning are available. This option allows you to control whether or not captions and subtitles are displayed during the video. There are also various choices for customizing the appearance of the captions, such as changing the font, size, and color. Regarding AirPlay: This is where you can locate the AirPlay version that is presently in use and read about the legal implications of the program.
If you are experiencing difficulties streaming entertainment from your Apple products to your television, please contact Apple Support for assistance.
Other answers that might help
Do you need assistance right away? The use of email as a method of communication has been phased out as of April 3rd, 2019. To receive a faster answer, please contact us using Live Chat.
- Please contact us. +1-800-726-7864
- Mobile Support +1-800-726-7864
- 1-800-SAMSUNG Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to midnight (EST)
- Home Electronics and Appliance Support 8 a.m. to 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time M-F 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Saturday and Sunday are closed
- IT/Computing Support is available. Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. EST Closed on Saturday and Sunday
- Order Support Help with Ordering
We’re here to help you.
Contact Samsung Support
Contact us online through chat and receive assistance from a trained professional on your computer, mobile device, or tablet device. Support is also available through the Samsung Members App, which may be downloaded to your mobile device. Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is scheduled to go public in 2021. In addition to the trademarks Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and Galaxy, the company also owns the trademarks Galaxy Note and Galaxy Note 10.1. All other brands, goods, and services, as well as their associated trademarks, names, and logos, are the property of the companies that own or control them.
- More detailed information may be found in the user handbook.
- Samsung will not be liable for any direct or indirect damages arising out of or in connection with the use or reliance on the material included herein.
- Simple sign-in, Samsung Pay, alerts, and more are all available!
- The Samsung Shop application Free standard delivery, exclusive deals, and financing options are all available through the Shop Samsung app.
You Are About To Be Redirected To Investor Relations Information for U.S.
Thank you for visiting Samsung Investor Relations in the United States. You will be transferred to the Samsung Global website for information on investor relations in the United States in a new browser window.
How to Connect Your iPhone to Your TV
Article in PDF format Article in PDF format This wikiHow tells you how to view the screen of your iPhone on a television. Connecting your iPhone to a Smart TV or streaming device that supports AirPlay 2 (such as an Apple TV) over Wi-Fi is simple if you have an Apple TV or other compatible device.
As an alternative, you may use a regular HDMI cable in conjunction with an HDMI to Lightning adaptor that fits into the charging port on your iPhone.
- 1 Check to see if your TV is compatible with AirPlay. As long as you’re using a Smart TV that supports AirPlay 2 (or if you have an Apple TV or other streaming device that supports AirPlay), you should have no trouble connecting your iPhone to your television.
- If your television (and streaming device, if you have one) are not already switched on, do so right away
- If they are, turn them on now.
- 2Make sure your iPhone is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your television. If you want AirPlay to operate, your TV (or streaming device) and your iPhone must both be connected to the same wireless network in order for it to be successful. Advertisement
- s3 Open the Control Center on your iPhone by pressing the Home button. There are a few minor differences in the steps required based on your iPhone model:
- Sliding down from the top-right corner of the home screen will work if your iPhone does not have a distinct spherical Home button at the bottom. If your iPhone does not have a distinct spherical Home button at the bottom, swipe up from the bottom edge of the home screen
- Otherwise, swipe down from the top edge of the home screen.
- On the Control Center, choose 4TapScreen Mirroring. It’s the tile with two overlapping squares on the inside that you’re looking for. Your iPhone will begin searching for AirPlay devices that are compatible with it
- 5 To connect, simply tap the screen of your TV or streaming device. The screen of your iPhone should now display on the screen of your television
- For example, depending on the type of your TV, you may see a number on the screen that you must enter into your iPhone. In order to finalize the connection, enter the number that is displayed when requested. Reopen the Control Center and selectStop Mirroring when you are ready to terminate your screen mirroring session.
- 1 Get yourself an adaptor. Your iPhone does not have the appropriate connector(s) to allow you to connect a cable straight from the TV to the phone itself
- Instead, you will need to use an adapter that connects into your iPhone’s charging port to do this. It will have a Lightning connector (the same as the one on your iPhone) on one end and either an HDMI or VGA connector on the other end, depending on the model.
- As the majority of televisions have HDMI inputs, an HDMI to Lightning adaptor will almost always be required. It is available from Apple as the Lightning Digital AV Converter, although any HDMI to Lightning adapter would suffice. A VGA port, which is bigger and shaped like a trapezoid and may also be branded “PC-input” or “D-sub,” may also be present if you’re connected to an older television or computer monitor. The quality will not be as excellent as when using HDMI, and the sound will not be sent through the television, but it is still possible to utilize if you purchase a VGA to Lightning converter. If you have an iPhone 4, you’ll need a 30-pin to HDMI converter (or a 30-pin to VGA adapter if you have a TV that isn’t compatible with HDMI).
- 2 Purchase an HDMI cable. There are no restrictions on the type of HDMI cable you choose
- One end will connect to your TV, and another will connect to an available HDMI port on your iPhone adaptor. 3 Connect the HDMI adapter to your iPhone using the included cable. The adapter includes a Lightning connector on one end, which can simply plug into your charging port
- 4 the other end has a USB connector. A cable should be connected to the adapter on one end and a port on another end of the TV. Most televisions have HDMI and VGA connectors, which are often located on the back and/or sides of the device. If there are multiple ports (common), each port will have its own number (e.g., HDMI 1, HDMI 2, etc.)
- If there are multiple ports (common), each port will have its own number.
- The number on the connector will correlate to the HDMI source that you’ll need to switch to using the remote control that came with your television. If your iPhone and television are not currently switched on, turn them both on right away.
- On the TV remote control, press the InputorSourcebutton five times. On the screen will emerge a list of available sources or inputs
- 6 Select the HDMI port to which your iPhone is attached from the drop-down menu. If your device has more than one HDMI port, make sure you select the source that corresponds to the port number that you utilized. Once chosen, the screen of your iPhone will appear on the television
- If you’re connecting to the VGA port, the input may be labeled VGA, Computer, Laptop, or something similar
- If you’re connecting to the HDMI port, the input may be labeled HDMI. All of the apps that you launch on your iPhone will be shown on your television.
Create a new question
- Question Will an Apple TV function properly if I do not have access to a computer? Yes. An Apple TV does not require the usage of a computer of any kind in order to be purchased or used. They are self-contained and may be set up without the need for any other devices other than a monitor to view the display. Question How can I accomplish this without the use of any plug-ins? Make use of the Sunshine application. In order to connect my iPhone to a smart TV without using a wire, I used this app. Question What is the best way to mirror ESPN from an iPhone 6 Plus to a TV? You will notice “AirPlay Mirroring” on the home screen when you slide up
- Click on it and then open the ESPN app (make sure your TV is turned on while you are doing this). Question Is it possible to attach simply the charging wire to the TV and not the HDMI cable? It all depends on what you’re seeing on television. If you connect it in this manner, it may be recognized as a mass storage device by some televisions. Question What is the best way to connect an iPhone 6 to a television using a USB cable? If your TV has a USB port, disconnect the Lightning wire from the charger base and place it in a safe place. Your Lightning cable has a USB connector at one end
- Connect this to your television. Question What is the best way to link my iPhone 6 to my television so that I may view movies? If you have an Apple TV, pick Apple TV from the bottom of your screen by swiping up from the bottom of your screen, followed by Mirroring. When using a Chromecast or similar device in lieu of an Apple TV, you will need to go into each individual app to find out how to access the content. Question Is it possible to play games on an iPhone while using it as a controller for an analog television? If both screens display the same information, then the answer is yes. All you have to do is make sure it’s an iPhone game before you start playing. Otherwise, it will not function
- Question My iPhone was formerly compatible with an HDMI cable, however it is no longer compatible. What should I do in this situation? To determine if the HDMI cable is the source of the problem, try a new or different one. Question Can you tell me where I can get the adapter? Make a visit to the Apple Store (either online or in-person), eBay, Amazon, or a local electronics store. Question Is it possible to use my iPhone as a remote control for my Apple TV? I don’t have a standard remote control for my Apple TV. Yes, it is possible. Create a connection between your Apple TV box and the remote software you downloaded from the app store.
Inquire about something There are 200 characters remaining. Include your email address so that you may be notified when this question has been resolved. SubmitAdvertisement
- As long as you’re utilizing HDMI, the sound from your iPhone will be sent through the audio source on your television. In the event that you utilize a VGA cable, you will not be able to send audio through the television. You may use your iPhone to pause, fast forward, rewind, and do other video app-related functions when streaming video to your TV from your iPhone. Your television remote will not function in this situation.
Thank you for submitting a suggestion for consideration! Advertisement
Summary of the ArticleX*HDMI: Connect your phone to an AV Adapter. Connect the adapter to the television using an HDMI cable. Connect the cable to your television. Turn on your television and choose the appropriate input from the menu. More Did this overview prove to be of assistance? Thank you to all writers for creating a page that has been viewed 3,034,513 times. I appreciate you taking the time to read this page.
Is this article up to date?
- With the help of an Apple adapter cable, you can connect your iPhone to your television. How to connect your iPhone is as follows: plug in your iPhone into the adapter, which is connected to your television through the proper cable, and switch the TV to the right input. If you have anAppleTV, you can also wirelessly connect your iPhone to your television. In order to do so, go to the iPhone’s Control Center and select the Screen Mirroring option. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
If you consider that even the largestiPhonehas a puny screen when compared to your television, it isn’t irrational to desire that your phone be connected to the largerscreen. If you don’t have a smart TV, you might only want a wide surface on which to display images – like an old-fashioned slide show – or to stream Netflix from your smartphone if you don’t have one. When it comes to the workplace, there are legitimate business reasons to project your iPhone: You could need to explain a method to a group of people, or you might need to show a web page to everyone at a meeting.
The display “mirrors” everything on your iPhone once you’ve connected, including the HomeScreen, web browser, and applications.
Connecting your iPhone to a television or monitor may be accomplished in two ways: via an AV connection or by utilizing an Apple TV.
Connect an iPhone to a TV with an AV cable
You will need an adapter cable in order to connect your iPhone to a television or monitor. The adapter cable should match the style of input on your TV or monitor. If at all feasible, utilize an HDMI cable, since this will provide the best possible picture quality. You’ll need to purchase an Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter (there are third-party choices available as well, but they may lack the High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) – without it, streaming service applications will not be able to send video to your television).
- Here’s what you should do once you’ve obtained the adapter: 1.Connect the adapter to an HDMI (or VGA) cable to begin using it.
- 3.Connect the adapter to the iPhone’s Lightning connector and turn the device on.
- source Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
- You’re finished; you should now be able to see the iPhone’s screen “mirrored” on the television.
- However, when you show photographs and videos on the iPhone, the iPhone will transfer the full quality to the TV, so everything should appear sharp and crisp.
- source Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
- You may use this to connect it to an AC adaptor, which will allow you to charge your phone while it is connected to the TV.
When using the second Lightning port for electricity, you may keep your phone charged while it is connected to the television. source Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
Connect an iPhone to a TV with Apple TV
While it is possible to connect your iPhone to a television via an AV adapter, there is also an entirely wireless solution available. A simple touch on your phone’s Wi-Fi connection will allow you to mirror your phone to your television, if you have an Apple TV connected to your television. 1.Confirm that your iPhone is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV before continuing. 2.Make certain that your television is turned on and that your Apple TV is shown. Using your finger, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to see the Control Center.
source Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
Related coverage fromHow To DoEverything: Tech:
How can I set up my iPhone 3G so that it can play movies and images over my flat-screen television? There is a USB port on the end of the cord that has three different colored things on it, and it connects to the bottom of the iPhone. So, how do I go about setting it up? What components do I need to connect to the TV in order for it to function? How can I see the information from my iPhone on my high-definition television with simply an HDMI cable connection? Using a USB cable, how can I connect my iPhone to a TV service port?
You may just wish to watch movies or show off your photos that you have stored on your iPhone on a television with a larger screen.
Whatever the reason, what matters now is how to properly connect your iPhone to a television using a USB cable.
Part 1. What Are the Advantages of USB Connection
When compared to parallel connectors, USB ports provide several advantages when connecting a device to a television. The following are some of the advantages that can be considered.
- When it comes to transfer speeds, the maximum is 4 megabits per second, which is the fastest possible. While USB 3.0 can handle data transfers at speeds of up to 5 gigabits per second, which is more than 1200 times faster than parallel connections, USB ports have a greater capacity for carrying electricity than parallel connectors. It is faster to charge devices when they are connected to USB ports
- USB ports are more compatible than parallel ports since they can accommodate more than 128 devices
- And USB ports are less expensive than parallel ports.
Part 2. How to Connect iPhone to TV with USB
The Apple Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) connection are the most straightforward ways to connect your iPhone to a television. You may use this approach with any sort of television. For example, you can use it with a Sony television or a Samsung television or an Element television or a Panasonic television or a Sony television or a Vizio television, among other brands. When connecting your iPhone to a television, you may use either a digital AV adapter or a lightning VGA adapter.
Install the Apple Digital AV Adapter into the charging port located on the bottom of your iPhone.
Connect the HDMI cable to the digital AV adapter in the second step.
The contents of your iPhone may now be displayed on your television. You may view films or look at images on your television in a casual manner. Downloads Aiseesoft MobieSync is a free software application.
- It is possible to transfer iPhone/Android data across iOS and Android devices such as contacts, movies, music, and more. Creating backups of files from mobile phones to computers, or vice versa
- Sync any files from one iPhone to another, or from one Android device to another. Transfer data from an iPhone to an Android device, or from an Android device to an iPhone. Compatible with iPhone 12/11/XS/XR/X/8/7/6/5/4
- Fully compatible with iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7/6/5/4
Part 3. How to Connect iPhone to TV Wireless
Perhaps you don’t have access to these adapters or cables at your residence. Alternatively, you may be bored of constantly connecting and unplugging your iPhone. Recall that you may connect your iPhone to the Internet using Wi-Fi. Airplay is, without a doubt, a useful tool. If you have an Apple TV or a television that supports AirPlay, it is simple to project the contents of your iPhone onto a television. Simply follow the instructions outlined below. As long as your iPhone and television are linked to the same Wi-Fi network, you should be fine.
Step 2: TapScreen Mirroring, locate and choose yourApple TV from the drop-down menu.
More information may be found at:How to Use AirPlay Mirroring.
Part 4. How to Connect iPhone to TV with Chromecast
Using a streaming device such as the Google Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra, you may find it simple to display your iPhone on your television. It provides a more efficient method of displaying 4K content on your television. Although the screen of your iPhone cannot be displayed on a television when using Chromecast, you may use your iPhone to browse streaming media applications that are compatible with Chromecast. To connect your iPhone to your television, simply follow the procedures outlined below.
Step 2: Enable OpenCast functionality in the application.
Step 3: Select Chromecast from the drop-down menu by tappingCastand.
If you have a DLNA device that has the same applications loaded on it, for example, a Samsung Smart TV, you may use this way to stream content from multiple apps on your iPhone to the device.
You have the option of selecting the most appropriate method for projecting the contents of your iPhone onto a large screen.
If you have better alternatives, we would really appreciate it if you could share them in the comments section below.
Excellent (4.6 out of 5 stars) (based on 63 votes) Follow Us on Social Media Please leave a comment and participate in our debate.