- 1 Connect your cable or satellite box and other devices to your Samsung TV
- 2 Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Working
- 3 Samsung DIRECTV Not Working
- 4 Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Connecting
- 5 Samsung TV Won’t Recognize DIRECTV
- 6 Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Found
- 7 Samsung TV DIRECTV No Sound
- 8 Samsung TV Won’t Turn On/Off With DIRECTV Remote
- 9 Samsung TV DIRECTV Remote Won’t Pair
- 10 Related Articles
- 11 Samsung Smart TV Doesn’t Recognize DIRECTV Using HDMI
- 12 Environment
- 13 Solution
- 14 How to connect Samsung smart tv to my Direct TV. It says check connection. But it works fine on regular tv when plugged in.
- 15 How to program DirecTV Remote to Samsung Smart TV
- 16 How to program DirecTV Remote to Samsung Smart TV
- 17 How to reset DirecTV Remote Control
- 18 DirecTV Universal Remote not working
- 19 DIRECTV – Apps on Google Play
- 20 How to Hook Up DIRECTV Box to TV Without HDMI 
- 21 Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using an RCA Composite Cable
- 22 Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using Component Cables
- 23 Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using a Coaxial Cable
- 24 Using an HDMI Converter
- 25 Use an Optical Audio Cable for Sound
- 26 Why is HDMI the better choice?
- 27 Final Thoughts
- 28 You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- 29 Frequently Asked Questions
- 30 DIRECTV NOW is Now Available on Samsung Smart TVs
- 31 Steps to connect the DIRECTV Genie HD DVR to the TV.
Connect your cable or satellite box and other devices to your Samsung TV
In order to properly connect your 4K content-producing devices, such as an Xbox One X or Xbox One S, Playstation 4 Pro, UHD Blu-ray player, PC, Roku player, or any other device to your Samsung TV, there is one very crucial step you must do on your Samsung TV. You must activate UHD HDMI Color in order to use it (Input Signal Plus).
- Navigate toSettingsGeneralExternal Device Manager in the Settings menu. SelectUHD HDMI Color (Input Signal Plus) from the drop-down menu. On your TV, you’ll see a list of the HDMI ports that are available to you. Select the HDMI port to which you intend to connect (or have already attached) a 4K display device. This will enable the feature for this particular port.
If you’re not sure how to connect a device, such as a video game console or a laptop, you may consult a connection guide displayed on your television for assistance. Simply use the TV remote to pick Source, and then Connection Guide from the menu. It will demonstrate how to connect a variety of gadgets. Most cable and satellite boxes these days may be linked through HDMI, which is a good thing because HDMI provides the greatest picture and sound quality on the market today. Whether your cable box contains component connections, the first thing you may want to do is contact your cable company to check if an updated box is now available for purchase.
- Check to see that the television and cable or satellite box are not turned on. Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI out connection on the back of your cable or satellite box, which should be on the left side of the box. Make sure that the other end of the HDMI cable is connected to one of the available HDMI ports on your Samsung television. Remember to write down the port number so that you can quickly change the source on your television to it. Turn on your television as well as your cable or satellite box. Now, depending on your television, one of the following things might happen:
- When you connect a cable or satellite box to your TV, it may automatically identify the fact that you have done so and not only switch to the appropriate source, but also modify the name of the source to reflect the name of your cable box. With your Samsung Smart TV remote, you can now watch television while also controlling your cable box. Please keep in mind that this only works when utilizing an HDMI connection
- If nothing happens, that is perfectly OK. To switch to the HDMI port that you connected your cable or satellite box to, you must either hit the Source button on your remote or browse to the source menu using the on-screen menu on your computer.
Most modern video game systems make use of HDMI connections, which provide the best picture and sound quality. However, if you have a classic console that makes use of component connections, you will need to purchase a component to HDMI adapter if your television does not support component out of the box.
- Check to see that the television and video game system are not turned on. Connect an HDMI cable to your video game system’s HDMI out port, which should be situated on the rear
- Make sure that the other end of the HDMI cable is connected to one of the available HDMI ports on your Samsung television. Remember to write down the port number so that you can quickly change the source on your television to it. Start by turning on your television and video gaming system. Now, depending on your television, one of the following things might happen:
- A video game system connected to your television may cause your television to notice the connection and not only switch to the source, but it may also alter the name of the source to the name of your video game system. Samsung Smart TV Remote allows you to watch television and operate the media aspects of your video game system all from the same device. Please keep in mind that this will only function if you are utilizing HDMI
- If nothing happens, that is OK. To switch to the HDMI port that you attached your video game system to, you must either hit the Source button on your remote or browse to the source menu using the on-screen menu on your computer.
If you want to improve the sound quality, you’ll need to connect an external audio device such as a soundbar to your television.
- Connect one end of the digital audio (optical) cable to the OPTICAL IN port on your soundbar, speaker, or surround sound system, and the other end to the DIGITAL AUDIO OUT port on your television
- This will allow you to watch movies and listen to music. Navigate to theSettings menu by using the TV remote. Then selectSound and Sound Output from the drop-down menu. Set the audio output for your television from there.
Audio Return Channel technology, sometimes known as ARC technology, is used by several soundbars and surround sound systems. But don’t worry, connecting these gadgets is still a straightforward process. All you need is a single HDMI wire to complete the setup.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the ARC port on your audio device to make it work. However, you should double-check your device’s user handbook just in case it has an HDMI OUT connector instead. Connect the other end of the cable to the HDMI IN (ARC) port on the television. Navigate to theSettings menu by using the remote. Then selectSound and Sound Output from the drop-down menu. Set the audio output for your television from there.
Please keep in mind that depending on the number of accessible ports on your computer, you may require an adapter. If you take the time to download a movie, make the most of your remaining time. It’s as simple as connecting, selecting, and playing. Connect one end of an HDMI cable (along with an adaptor, if necessary) to the selected HDMI IN port on the television, and the other end to the computer’s HDMI IN port. Check to see that the cable is securely secured. Select Source from the Home menu on the remote control after that.
Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Working
In terms of streaming video on your Samsung TV, there are several alternatives available. However, many people like DIRECTV since it provides no-fuss channels through a satellite service that is easy to use. DIRECTV is not functioning properly. What can you do to rectify the situation? Ensure that your Samsung TV is compatible with the ATT TV application if you are unable to get DIRECTV to function on your Samsung TV. Samsung customers will have access to all of their favorite channels, sports, and news options right at their fingertips when they subscribe to the number one satellite service in the United States, eliminating the need to rely on a secondary streaming service to receive the material they want.
Users of DIRECTV have the ability to select what they want to watch as well, therefore when this service ceases to function, a solution must be discovered. See the list below to choose the most appropriate solution for your situation.
Samsung DIRECTV Not Working
When you switch on your Samsung TV, you have the choice of navigating through the Smart Hub to locate all of the greatest applications that are accessible to you with a simple press of the ‘Home’ button on your remote control after turning it on. However, if you are someone who enjoys the convenience of apps as well as the reliability of a satellite service, DIRECTV may be a wonderful addition to your already extensive library of available entertainment. In the event that you turn on your television and discover that DIRECTV is not working, what should you do?
The DIRECTV HD DVR receiver (HR 21 and newer), the Genie (HR34, C31 and newer), and the DIRECTV HD receiver (HR 21 and newer) are all compatible with the ATT TV application (H21 and newer).
Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Connecting
You must be connected to a reliable network in order to use any application on your Samsung TV, and that network must not only function well with other devices, but also provide a strong enough connection to download and execute those applications without trouble. If you are able to locate the DIRECTV application on your Samsung TV, download it without difficulty, verify that it has been successfully installed, but discover that the app will not connect, continue reading to learn how to get the app connected and operating.
To do so, go to the ‘Settings’ menu on your television and choose ‘Network.’ Click on ‘Network Status’ and check for three dots between the picture of your TV, the image of your router, or the image of your internet to confirm that you have a connection.
Samsung TV Won’t Recognize DIRECTV
Many Samsung TV customers may get DIRECTV through the ATT TV application, which allows for a simple connection with the simple download of an app. DIRECTV is available to many Samsung TV owners through the ATT TV application. For those who have a TV model that does not support the app, you will have to connect DIRECTV via an HDMI connector to watch television. Due to the nature of this device, your television will need to identify the device in order for you to proceed through the setup procedure and obtain access to the information contained inside it, which might be problematic if your television does not detect the device.
‘Settings”Software Update”Update Now’ on your remote control will take you to the appropriate menu.
Samsung TV DIRECTV Not Found
By navigating via the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV, you will be able to locate apps that are currently listed and search for new programs that you may wish to download. If you are attempting to download DIRECTV to your Samsung TV but are unable to locate the app, you may be asking why the app does not appear in your list of accessible applications on your device. What may be causing you to be unable to access DIRECTV on your Samsung device? The likelihood is that you do not have a Samsung TV model that is compatible with the DIRECTV application if the application cannot be found on your TV.
Compatible television models can be identified in the section headed “Samsung DIRECTV Not Working” in the preceding section. If this is the case, you will be able to access DIRECTV using a cable modem or satellite receiver.
Samsung TV DIRECTV No Sound
If you are able to locate the DIRECTV app, download it without difficulty, verify that it has been successfully installed, and are able to access the material included inside the app with ease, you may believe that you are no longer at risk of experiencing issues. Some Samsung users, on the other hand, have discovered that when they attempt to play material from DIRECTV, no sound is produced by the satellite provider. Continue reading if you are experiencing DIRECTV sound issues on your Samsung TV.
Then, using your remote, hit the ‘TV Input’ button and cycle between the various HDMI inputs until you hear sound from your TV.
Samsung TV Won’t Turn On/Off With DIRECTV Remote
If you are utilizing the DIRECTV cable box, this device will also come with a dedicated remote control that can be used to operate DIRECTV without the need for any additional remote controls to be used as a workaround. In addition to allowing for quick access to the content from within the app, it is critical that the remote, at the absolute least, be capable of turning your television on and off with the push of a button. Suppose your Samsung TV refuses to turn on or off when you use the DIRECTV remote.
If your Samsung TV would not switch on or off with the DIRECTV remote, replace the batteries in the remote with high-quality ones.
Another article that is relevant is Samsung television won’t turn on.
Samsung TV DIRECTV Remote Won’t Pair
During the setup process for your DIRECTV remote control, you’ll need to connect it with your Samsung television in order for it to identify the device and, as a result, allow the device to control the television. This entire procedure should only take a few minutes, and in some cases, just a few seconds, before it is done and you are able to begin easily managing your television. If, on the other hand, you attempt to connect your DIRECTV remote with your television and discover that it will not finish the pairing procedure, continue reading for a solution.
For this, locate the red button that is situated on the side of the DIRECTV cable box or within the card door and press it down until the restart procedure is completed.
The Samsung TV will not connect to or work with the soundbar.
Is it possible to install the Peacock App on my Samsung TV? The Samsung TV’s Roku does not function. The Samsung TV Remote Doesn’t Work Samsung TV with Xfinity Service Not Working
Samsung Smart TV Doesn’t Recognize DIRECTV Using HDMI
The Samsung Smart TV does not detect DIRECTV when connected through HDMI, and/or a purple-looking image displays on the screen.
Model of TV: Samsung UHD TV MU6290Cable box: DIRECTV Cable BoxCable box manufacturer: DIRECTV (not sure about the model number)
In the end, I did a lot of research and, if I were ever faced with this problem again, I’d follow the steps below in this same order, testing each step to check whether it worked after each step:
- Update the television software
- Reset the television
- Power cycle the television and cable box (for 1-2 minutes)
- Replace the HDMI cable
- Reset the cable box (by pressing the red button)
As an illustration, try step 1 first. Then check to see whether DirectTV is operational. If this is the case, go to step 2 and so on.
In my instance, step 4 (changing the HDMI cable) was the key to resolving the problem.
Depending on the situation, this may or may not be effective, but it is at the very least a step in the right way. Several times, I’ve witnessed individuals replace complete television sets and cable boxes without first checking the wires themselves. It might make the difference between a $10 solution and several hundreds of dollars.
- The UN55KS8000FXZA does not recognize the DirectTV box when connected through HDMI. The UN50MU6300 suddenly stops recognizing the cable box for the smart remote
- The Samsung HD TV is unable to connect to the cable box. How to Fix a Pink Screen on a TV
- What’s with the purple screen?
I hope that my advice has been of use in saving you some time and resolving your comparable issue!
How to connect Samsung smart tv to my Direct TV. It says check connection. But it works fine on regular tv when plugged in.
Change the HDMI cable and see if it makes a difference. It makes no difference if it works on another television set. Try using a different HDMI input on your television. They might be rather different at times. Check the video settings on the DTV box to make sure they are correct. Status: This thread is closed to further responses.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|L||QuestionConnect SNES to modern Samsung SmartTV||Streaming VideoTVs|
|E||QuestionConnecting Old Home To New Samsung smart Tv||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|J||How ToI want to connect a Bose speaker to my (not so smart) Samsung smart TV model UN55ES71000 I found the 2.1 version or Bluetooth speed is not upgradable||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|B||Solved!How connect my Acer laptop ES1-512 to my Samsung smart tv?||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|T||Solved!How can I connect my old Sony cabinet speakers to my new Samsung Smart 4K tv?||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|R||Solved!How to connect my Samsung Galaxy Tab to Hitachi smart tv||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|R||Hi recently i bought samsung UHD 8 series smart TV. My previous Samsung Smart TV connected in Pioneer receiver. Now the new||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|A||Solved!How do I connect my Samsung Smart TV (QN75Q7F) to a satellite dish?||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|E||I connected DVD w/ red/green/blue cable to converter box to samsung smart tv via HDMI cable, picture quality terrible.No tru||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|E||How do i connect my Mintect dvd 1600 to my new samsung 4k smart tv?||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|G||Solved!I’m trying to connect my old bose DVD surround sound system to my new Samsung smart TV but can’t get TV sound to come out. The||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|M||Solved!Connect Samsung Smart TV sound to LG Home Thietre||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|Y||Solved!how can i connect my sony tz145 with samsung m5570 smart tv without connecting it with audio rca cable as my stb. is connected||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|M||Solved!I have a new Samsung Smart TV and bought Sony WH-RF400 wireless headphones. Won’t connect.||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|L||Solved!Connect logitech 540 surround sound to samsung smart tv UN55MU6500F||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|C||how ti connect hitachi dvd player to samsung 4k smart tv||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
|V||Solved!Connect a panasonic dmr-es40v dubbing dvd recorder vhs recorder to a Samsung HDMI smart TV||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|L||Solved!How do I connect my Dell Inspiron 15-3000 series to my Samsung Smart TV?||Streaming VideoTVs||3|
|B||Solved!how to connect my samsung smart tv model ue5800 to wifi? do I need and adapter for wireless?||Streaming VideoTVs||2|
|I||Solved!I can’t connect Harman Kardon SB20 Bluetooth with smart Samsung ua55mu6100||Streaming VideoTVs||1|
How to program DirecTV Remote to Samsung Smart TV
The DirecTV universal remote control may be used to operate not just your television, but also other electronic devices in your house. Your soundbars, DVD player, Blu-ray player, converter box, and gaming consoles are all included. However, the focus of this discussion will be on how to setup the DirecTV remote to work with your Samsung Smart TV. Your Samsung Smart TV comes with a remote control that has been pre-programmed. However, if you are unable to utilize the follow-come remote control for your TV for whatever reason, you may set your DirecTV to operate with your Samsung Smart TV.
How to program DirecTV Remote to Samsung Smart TV
In the first step, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and keep your DirecTV remote close to the screen. Step 2: Locate the ‘Menu’ button on your remote control and push it. Step 3.A menu will appear on your computer screen. From the drop-down option, select ‘Parental FavsSetup’ from the list. You will be presented with another menu; select ‘System Setup’. Also selected were “remote” and “remote program” as additional options. In certain televisions, the remote control option may be shown as ‘Remote Control.’ Step 4: Press the ‘TV’ button on your remote control.
You may obtain the DirecTV remote codes by visiting this page.
In order to determine whether or not the remote is functioning, you can press other functional buttons.
The Second Method
In the first step, turn on your Samsung Smart TV and keep your DirecTV remote close to the screen. Step 2: Locate the ‘Menu’ button on your remote control and push it. Step 3.A menu will appear on your computer screen. Click on’SettingsHelp’ from the drop-down menu on the left. You will be presented with another menu; select ‘Settings’. Further, choose the’remote’ option as well as the ‘program remote’ option. In certain televisions, the remote control option may be shown as ‘Remote Control.’ Step 4: Press the ‘TV’ button on your remote control.
Step 5: Input the necessary remote codes into the system. You may obtain the DirecTV remote codes by visiting this page. Step 6: Press the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard. In order to determine whether or not the remote is functioning, you can press other functional buttons.
How to reset DirecTV Remote Control
It is possible that you will need to reset your DirecTV remote control at some point in the future. For example, if the remote on your Smart TV stops working, you might try to reset it. It is possible to reset your remote control when this occurs. Simply follow the procedures outlined below. Step 1: Turn off your television and unhook it from the power outlet. Step 2: Turn on your television and place your DirecTV remote close to the television. Using your remote, press and hold the “reset” button for 5 seconds to restart your computer.
DirecTV Universal Remote not working
The failure of your DirecTV universal remote control to function might be caused by a variety of minor difficulties. It will be discussed how to identify problems that might cause yourDirecTV universal remote to stop operating and how to resolve them. In the event that an object is in the way of your television or the device you wish to program, your universal remote may not operate properly. Make certain that all items are removed from the area and that your remote is held close to the device you intend to program.
Check the battery box of your remote control to make sure the batteries are securely fastened in place.
It is also possible that you are using the incorrect code for your universal remote control, which will result in it not working.
We provided several codes for the majority of the devices.
DIRECTV – Apps on Google Play
Download the DIRECTV app, which is a companion to your DIRECTV service, and you’ll have access to a plethora of entertainment options. Watch live television and recorded shows, catch up on the newest movies and television episodes with On Demand, and plan recordings on your DVR—all without the need for additional equipment and at no additional expense. **WATCH** Live or on demand, you can watch hundreds of hours of your favorite movies and television series. Your DVR recordings from your home may be streamed or downloaded to your devices.
- Watch your favorite show on one device and then press a button to have it broadcast on the large screen at the same time.
- **RECORD** You may record your favorite movies and television shows from any location!
- Make sure you don’t miss a single second of your favorite material by adding extra time to your recording**CONTROL** Pause, resume, and fast forward the show that is now playing on your television using your mobile device.
- Voice search can assist you in finding exactly what you’re looking for on the internet.
- Put in place parental controls and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing what your children are watching.
- Choosing to watch on-demand or live television is an option.
- Connecting to a strong Wi-Fi connection is recommended for optimal performance.
At this moment, not all of the content is accessible for streaming.
HD receivers (models H21, H23, and above) linked to a broadband Internet connection can also be controlled through a remote controller.
It is necessary to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the DVR in order for the download to take place.
A Wi-Fi or mobile network connection, as well as a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR, are required for scheduling a recording.
It is possible that planned recording(s) will not be recognized in some cases.
Please see the following link for a detailed list of technical requirements: For additional information about the DIRECTV App, please see the following link: The DIRECTV App includes Nielsen’s proprietary measurement tools, which will allow you to contribute to market research projects such as Nielsen’s TV Ratings by completing surveys and providing feedback.
How to Hook Up DIRECTV Box to TV Without HDMI 
RobotPoweredHome is made possible by donations from readers. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of my affiliate links, I may receive a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I receive money when people make qualifying purchases via my links. I’ve been a customer of DIRECTV for quite some time, and I’ve been pleased with the extensive selection of entertainment, movie, and sports channels that they provide as part of their premium plan. Unfortunately, the HDMI connector on my television set was broken, and I was unable to connect my DIRECTV Box to it as a result of this.
Despite the fact that it took me many hours to go through several articles, I was ultimately successful in locating the information I sought.
Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using an RCA Composite Cable
It has been decades since RCA Composite cables were first introduced, and the appropriate ports have been included in even the most recent generation television sets. But, even so, check to see if the cable ports on your TV type are available before proceeding. A pair of RCA cables is inexpensive and may be obtained from your local electronics supply store if you do not already have one. The cables may be divided into three categories: basic cables, component cables, and composite cables. It consists of three distinct wires that are separated from the chord and colored in accordance with their function.
The two-way connection must be provided for both the input and the output, and this is how you join the two halves together.
All you have to do now is plug in the yellow cable into the yellow port, the red wire into the red port, and so on for both your DIRECTV Box and your television.
Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using Component Cables
Although the component cable differs from the RCA cable in several ways, there are some parallels in terms of features and connections between the two. For beginnings, the component cables may be divided into three independent wires: green, blue, and red, which can then be connected together. However, they do not limit themselves to just three RCA wires, but may go as high as five RCA cables. It is likely that you will require the 5 RCA component cable for the transfer of audio from your TV to your receiver, since it contains the two audio cables (white and red) necessary for this purpose.
In this case, too, you must adhere to the straightforward rule of turning off both devices before connecting them to their corresponding color-coded ports.
Connecting DIRECTV Box to TV Using a Coaxial Cable
As a result, coaxial cables are less complicated to connect than split color-coded wires since they just require a single connection. The procedure is the same as previously described, with the exception of turning off both the DIRECTV Box and your television before connecting the coaxial wire. Connect one end of the cable to the DIRECTV Box and the other end to the TV, making sure the connections are secure on both ends. We spoke about the differences between RCA cables and HDMI cables in terms of audio quality.
Using an HDMI Converter
However, even if your television does not have HDMI support, you may still make advantage of the HDMI support connection provided by the DIRECTV Box. HDMI converters, which are cables that transfer video signals to and from HDMI, make this feasible. It is possible to view the three color-coded wires on one end of the cable, and on the other end, you will notice an HDMI connector. The three cables, which will be the same colors as the RCA cables, will be yellow, white, and red in color, and you will be required to connect them to the television set that you possess.
However, even if you were to connect it in the opposite direction, it should still function with the RCA connections to your DIRECTV Box and the HDMI wire to your TV.
Use an Optical Audio Cable for Sound
Normally, you’d want to include other cables for audio output as well, and the optical audio cable is one method of accomplishing this. For audio output, they function similarly to coaxial cables in terms of performance. Because the ends are generally square in design, you can clearly distinguish the ports from the rest of the ports that are normally circular. The connection follows the same guidelines as previously stated, and you are expected to connect them to the back of your television and into the optical audio socket on the back of your receiver.
To get audio from your television, select the appropriate input from the available options and hit play.
Why is HDMI the better choice?
Despite the fact that this article includes multiple techniques for connecting a DIRECTV box to a television without the use of HDMI, the optimal option for streaming media is always HDMI. It transmits the exact audio that was transferred from the source to the audience rather than compressing it across the wires, resulting in a better television viewing experience. Speaking about visual quality, you would be able to watch channels in virtually 4K resolution these days thanks to the availability of HDMI cables.
In addition, the HDMI cable has both audio and video transmission wires in a single cable cord and does not break up to avoid any confusion during the installation process.
Make certain that the cables you purchase are of sufficient length to connect the devices, as well as the distance between them. Make certain that the wires are completely plugged in, since even the tiniest disconnect might result in difficulties with the output signal. You may receive distorted audio and video if you have incorrectly connected the cables to the incorrect ports, or you may not receive any audio or video at all.
You May Also Enjoy Reading:
- In seconds, you’ll learn how to fix DirecTV On Demand not working. How to Fix a DirecTV Remote That Isn’t Working
- Is it possible to get MeTV on DirecTV? How to Do It
- Getting Your DirecTV Equipment Back: A Simple Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
To connect the Genie to your old television, you may use RCA composite cables, component cables, coaxial cables, or even an HDMI converter to make the connection.
Can you connect DIRECTV to a smart TV?
Yes, DIRECTV is accessible on a variety of smart televisions, including the Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, and others.
Do you need a DIRECTV box for every TV?
No, thanks to the DIRECTV Genie Mini, you no longer have to deal with unsightly boxes and cables that get in your way.
On your DIRECTV box, there is a little circular red button that may be used to assist reset the receiver. Depending on the receiver, it may be located either inside or on the sides of the device.
DIRECTV NOW is Now Available on Samsung Smart TVs
Cordcuttersnews.com receives revenue from a number of firms that advertise on our site, including many of the streaming service offerings that feature on our site. This enables us to maintain and improve our website while continuing to serve you with the most up-to-date entertainment and streaming material available. Our staff takes great satisfaction in delivering impartial news, reviews, opinions, and other related stuff to educate our readers so that they may make educated decisions about their lives and careers.
- Thank you.
- A increasing number of devices, including Rokus, Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, tablets, smartphones and web browsers, are now supported by Samsung televisions.
- If you already have one of these TVs or if you don’t see the app, you can simply discover it by searching for ” DIRECTV NOW ” in the Samsung TV application store.
- A portion of that email said that DIRECTV NOW wished to increase the number of devices that were supported.
- It seems probable that the expansion of DIRECTV NOW to additional devices will not be completed at this time.
- Have you tried out the new Samsung DIRECTV NOW app?
- Leave us a remark and let us know what you think of the project.
To obtain our app, please click HERE. Please follow us onFacebook and Twitterfor the latest news, tips, and product reviews. Do you require technical assistance with cable cutting? For assistance, please join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group.
Steps to connect the DIRECTV Genie HD DVR to the TV.
Article ID: 00044885 / Last Modified: 03/29/2019 Article Description: IMPORTANT: This article is only applicable to certain products and/or operating systems; it does not apply to other products or operating systems. For further information, see Applicable Products and Categories. To connect the DIRECTV Genie to the television, follow the instructions outlined below.
- Connect the DIRECTV GenieTM HD DVR to the main television set using a coaxial cable.
- Turn on the television by pressing the power button on the remote control
- The HDMI cable should be connected to both the Genie HD DVR and the primary TV. Set the TV to the input that is currently being utilized.
A DIRECTV Genie HD DVR may be connected to a number of different televisions. (Optional)
- It is also known as receiver-less TV since it allows you to use multiple TVs in your Genie HD DVR system to enjoy a complete HD DVR experience without the need for additional receivers. Contact DIRECTV Customer Care at 800-531-5000 to schedule a professional installation for your new Sony® TV in order to activate the new DIRECTV service for your Sony® TV. Check to see that the most recent system software update has been installed on the DIRECTV Ready TV. A link to downloads is available on your model support page. aDIRECTV Ready TV is covered in more detail in a different article.
- An Ethernet cable should be used to connect the DIRECTV Ready TV and the Genie HD DVR to an access point. IMPORTANT: If it is not feasible to connect the Sony TV and Genie HD DVR directly to an access point due to the location of the access point, one of the methods listed below should be used.
- Make use of a powerline adapter
- Make use of a wireless bridge. Use a DECA Broadband device to connect to the internet. If you require the DECA device, please contact DIRECTV.
Make your way to the room where the DIRECTV Ready TV is installed. Then, using the included TV remote control, press theHOMEbutton once more. Apps may be found on the HOMEscreen. Select DIRECTV Ready from the Appscategory on the left-hand side. NOTES:
- The message has been delivered. The word Retrieve PIN appears on the television screen. When the Genie HD DVR is linked to a non-DIRECTV Ready television, the PIN is obtained. DIRECTV Ready TV, which in this case is a Sony television, will be programmed with the PIN number.
Navigate to the room where the Genie HD DVR is placed and begin the Add a Clientguided setup process there. How to get your PIN number back.
- Turn on the TV that is not DIRECTV Ready as well as the DIRECTV Genie. Press theMenubutton on the DIRECTV Genie’s remote control, which comes with the device. SelectSettingsHelp
- Then selectWhole-Home
- And then press Enter. SelectManage Clients
- SelectAdd a Client from the drop-down menu. NOTE: Make a note of the PIN that displays on your screen.
As soon as you return to the room where the DIRECTV Ready TV is installed, an Enter PINscreen will display. Input the PIN number. NOTES:
- Following the entry of the PIN, DIRECTV programs will become accessible. If you encounter technical issues when attempting to finish any of the processes outlined above, double-check all of your connections to ensure they are correctly installed. A wired Internet connection is required for DIRECTV Ready televisions. Inspect your television’s settings to ensure that the network connection method is set to Wired rather than Wireless.
If you are utilizing a television that is not DIRECTV Ready. TVs that are not DIRECTV Ready must be linked to a Genie Mini set-top box in order to take use of all of the features of the Genie HD DVR, which includes a built-in DVR. DIRECTV is the company that provides the Genie Mini set-top box. For further information, please see the DIRECTV support page.
- If you have a Wireless Genie Mini client (C41W), follow the instructions below to connect the Wireless Genie Mini to the TV. If you don’t have a Wireless Genie Mini client (C41W), don’t worry about it.
- Connect the Wireless Genie Mini to the TV that is not DIRECTV compatible.
- An HDMI cable should be used to connect the Wireless Genie Mini client to your television. BE CAREFUL: Make sure the HDMI wire from the Wireless Genie Mini’s HDMI output connector is connected to the HDMI input jack on your television. Set the TV to the input that is currently being utilized. WARNING:If you are using a standard-definition television, connect the 10-pin to composite cable dongle or the 10-pin to component dongle cable to the Wireless Genie Mini, and then connect the AV or component cables to the TV’s composite or component inputs. Connect the power cords of the Wireless Genie Mini and the television to a functional electrical outlet or a power surge protector, respectively. Turn on the television as well as the Wireless Genie Mini.
Install the Wireless Video Bridge and link the Wireless Genie Mini client with the Genie HD DVR server using the Genie HD DVR configuration wizard.
- The Wireless Video Bridge should be connected to the SWM splitter, which should be within 80 feet of where the Wireless Genie Mini is installed.
Please note that a separate coaxial cable must be connected from the SWM splitter to the Genie HD DVR server (HR44). It is necessary to uncap the second coaxial connector on the Wireless Video Bridge in order to attach an extension cord from it to the Genie HD DVR server if the coaxial cord is not able to reach the Genie HD DVR. Turn on the Wireless Video Bridge and wait until a solid blue light shows on the control panel. Wait for the start up screen to display before continuing. Then, proceed to the room where the Genie HD DVR server is placed and turn on the Genie HD DVR server’s power supply.
- In order to add a client, click theMENUbutton on the Genie HD DVR remote control, then selectSettings Help, SelectSettings, SelectWhole-Home, then selectManage Client, followed by Add a client.
Preserve a record of the PIN that shows on the television that is linked to the Genie HD DVR. After selectingAdd a client on the Genie HD DVR server, selectContinue to link this client or the Wireless Genie Mini with the Wireless Video Bridge using the Wireless Video Bridge configuration wizard. NOTES:
- 2 minutes or until the Wireless Video Bridge’s LEDs start blinking green or blue
- Check to see sure the Wireless Signal Strength symbol has three GREEN bars (as seen in the image above)
- And Examine and confirm that the GREEN LED light on the front of the Wireless Genie Mini is functioning properly.
Select “Connect Now” from the drop-down menu. As soon as you see the notice Attempting to connect with video bridge appear, walk over to the room where the Wireless Genie Mini client is installed. Following the completion of the connection countdown, input the PIN on the Wireless Genie Mini client interface. To add a new location, press the Add new location button on the Genie HD DVR remote control. PLEASE NOTE: During the setup process, the newly inserted Wireless Genie Mini may display both a flashing red LED and a flashing gray screen.
NOTE: A brief signal disruption on the TV linked to the Wireless Genie Mini may be experienced from time to time. This is a rather common event. If the Wireless Genie Mini determines that a software update is required, it should be installed. NOTES:
- If you are prompted to enter your PIN a second time, do so immediately. Additional troubleshooting procedures are available for the Wireless Genie Mini if you are experiencing any other difficulties.
If you have a Genie Mini (C51) client, you can use it (NOT wireless). To connect the Genie Mini client to the Genie HD DVR, follow the instructions outlined in this section.
- Check to be that the Genie Mini is connected to the non-DIRECTV Ready TV before proceeding. WARNING:Connect the HDMI connection from the HDMI output connector of the Genie Mini to the HDMI input jack of the TV, using the HDMI cable provided. Set the television to the input that is currently being utilized
- Assuming you’re using a standard definition television, attach the 10-pin to composite cable dongle or the 10-pin to component cable dongle to A/V out of the Genie Mini box and the AV cable or component cable to the television’s composite or component input.
|10-pin to composite cable dongle||10-pin to component cable dongle|
Connect the Genie Mini’s power cord and the TV’s power cord to a functional power outlet or to a surge protector. Turn on the television and the Genie HD DVR. A SWM8 connection is required for the Genie Mini. NOTES:
- Check to ensure that the satellite dish from the outside is attached to a SWM8 module before proceeding. Once this is completed, connect the SWM8 module to a power inserter and an 8-way splitter
- If you have any questions about how to attach the SWM8 module, please call DIRECTV at 1-800-531-5000
Once you have confirmed that the SWM8 module has been properly installed, proceed to the room where the Genie HD DVR is placed. Then, follow the Add Client setup instructions.
- In order to add a client, click theMENUbutton on the Genie HD DVR remote control, then selectSettings Help, SelectSettings, SelectWhole-Home, then selectManage Client, followed by Add a client.
Remember to make a note of the PIN that displays on the television. Go to the room where the Genie Mini client is placed and enter the PIN that was provided to you.
- PIN entry may be accomplished by using the Genie Mini remote control. SelectAdd a New Location from the drop-down menu. Customize the location of the Genie Mini by entering a unique name. Save the name by selecting Save Name
- When you get to the confirmation page, click OK. To apply the Genie Mini settings, choose one of the options from the drop-down menu.
- Choosing DON’T COPYwill prevent the default DIRECTV settings from being copied onto your new Genie Mini. Choose either Watch DIRECTV or Browse the Guide to finish the guide configuration. If you already have a Genie HD DVR or Genie Mini established in your house, selectCOPY to copy the settings from that setup. Select the place where you want the settings to be copied from and click on OK. Choose either Watch DIRECTV or Browse the Guide to finish the guide configuration.
Genie HD DVR’s Add a Clientscreen has a button labeled DONE that you should choose. NOTE: You have the option of adding up to three Genie Minis to your current HD DVR system in your house.
- sCommunity This is a location where you may look for solutions and ask inquiries