- 1 How to set up Voicemail on Android? Learn to change your voicemail greeting on Android OS
- 2 How to set up Voicemail on Android smartphones? Here is everything you need to know about how to set up voicemail greetings on Android devices. Read more.
- 3 How to set up Voicemail Greetings on Android smartphone devices?
- 4 How to change your voicemail greeting on Android?
- 5 Voicemail: Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959
- 6 How to set up a custom voicemail greeting on a Samsung Galaxy S10, in 2 different ways
- 7 How to set up your voicemail using a visual voicemail app
- 8 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 9 Set up or change a voicemail greeting – Computer
- 10 Turn on your microphone
- 11 Record a new greeting
- 12 Change your greeting
- 13 Related articles
- 14 How to Set up Voicemail on Samsung? [A Simple Quick Guide]
- 15 2 Ways to Set-Up a Voicemail In your Samsung Galaxy Series
- 16 What Should I do if I want to change my Voicemail Greeting?
- 17 How can I listen to my Voice mail messages?
- 18 Is it Possible to turn off my Voicemail on my Samsung S20?
- 19 What Is Visual Voicemail?
- 20 How can I set up my Visual Voicemail?
- 21 Step-by-step instructions on How to Configure Voicemail on your iPhone.
- 22 My Final Thoughts
- 23 Frequently Asked Questions
- 24 What is the procedure for Turning off Voicemail on my Samsung Galaxy S10?
- 25 Why is it that my voicemail does not work on Samsung?
- 26 How to Record or Change Your Voicemail Greeting on Android Phone
- 27 How to record or change your Android voicemail greeting in 10 simple steps
- 28 How to Setup Voicemail on Galaxy S21 in Very Simple Steps
- 29 Step by step to setup voicemail on Galaxy S21
- 30 Set Up and Manage Voicemail on Your Smartphone (iPhone & Android)
How to set up Voicemail on Android? Learn to change your voicemail greeting on Android OS
The most recent update was made on:
How to set up Voicemail on Android smartphones? Here is everything you need to know about how to set up voicemail greetings on Android devices. Read more.
Android devices are the most widely used complicated operating system in the world, with the recently released Android v10 (Q) operating system being the most recent to come off the manufacturing line. Android devices have evolved to include a straightforward user interface, the ability to run practically all of the available apps, and much more. In order to fulfill the needs of Indian customers, several smartphone manufacturers who cater to them opt to use Google’s AndroidOne OS or develop Android-based operating systems from scratch.
Check out this article on how to clear cache on android.
Android users, on the other hand, need not be concerned since they can easily set up voicemail greetings on their Android cellphones, which will not only assist people in recording voicemails, but will also assist in establishing up a positive image for your caller.
Learn more about using the Zoom app on Android devices here.
How to set up Voicemail Greetings on Android smartphone devices?
- Open the Google Fi program on your smartphone. After that, navigate to the ‘Account’ area of the menu. Once you’ve done that, go back to the phone settings menu and choose Voicemail Manage greeting from the list. To record a greeting, select the ‘Microphone’ icon from the toolbar. When setting up a voicemail greeting, a user can record a message of up to 40 seconds. If the app asks for permission to record audio, select ‘Allow’ from the drop-down menu. You can save your welcome by tapping on the ‘Keep’ button later on, or you may redo it by tapping on the ‘Redo’ button. Now all you have to do is name your welcome and hit the ‘Save’ button.
Install and launch the Google Fi application. then select ‘Account’ from the drop-down list; Once you’ve done that, go back to the phone settings menu and choose Voicemail Manage greeting from the drop-down menu that appears. For recording purposes, select the ‘Microphone’ icon from the menu bar. When creating a voicemail greeting, a user can record up to 40 seconds of audio. If the app asks for permission to record audio, select ‘Allow’; if the app asks for permission to record video, select ‘Allow.’ You may save your welcome by tapping on the ‘Keep’ button later on, or you can record it again by tapping on the ‘Redo’ button.
How to change your voicemail greeting on Android?
- Open the Phone app on Android devices running versions higher than Android 5 (Lollipop). Then hit and hold the number “1” to reach your voicemail box. After that, type in your PIN and push the ” ” button. To access the menu, press “*.” To modify the settings, press “4” on your keyboard. To change your welcome, press “1” on your keyboard. Make certain you adhere to all of the guidelines.
Open the Phone application on Android devices running versions higher than Android 5 (Lollipop). In order to reach your voicemail, hit and hold the number “1.” After that, type in your PIN and push the ” ” key. To access the menu, press the letter “*” on your keyboard. To alter the settings, use the “4” key. To modify your welcome, use the number one key. Make certain that you adhere to all of the guidelines.
Voicemail: Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959
Learn how to use the Samsung Galaxy S 4G T959 to call voicemail or to view Visual Voicemail on the device. More information may be found on this page: Visual Voicemail (Voicemail Visual Voicemail)
These are the actions you take in order to contact your voicemail and retrieve messages:
- TapPhone from any Home screen
- Touch and hold1 or dial123 and tapCall, or tap the Voicemail tab to contact voicemail
- From any Home screen, tapPhone
- Touch and hold1 or dial123 and tapCall
- Or from any Home screen, tapPhone
Set voicemail number
Touch and hold1 or dial123 and tapCall from any Home screen, or choose the Voicemail tab from any Home screen to call voicemail.
- From any Home screen, select theMenukey
- Select Settings
- Select Call settings
- Select Voicemail
- Select Voicemail again
- And then view the voicemail number.
Follow these procedures to make changes to your Visual Voicemail greeting: 1.
- Applications may be accessed from any Home screen. Visual Voicemail may be found by scrolling down and tapping it. TapGreetings
- Select the greeting you wish to use, or record a new greeting by tappingRecord a new greeting.
The following are the procedures to take in order to update the Visual Voicemail password:
- Applications may be accessed from any Home screen. Then scroll to and tapVisual Voicemail
- Then tapGreetings
- Then tap theMenukey
- Then tapSettings
- Then tapChange PIN
- And so on.
Listen to voicemail messages
Follow these procedures to access Visual Voicemail and listen to any new messages that have been received:
- These are the procedures to do in order to access Visual Voicemail and listen to new messages.
Set up Visual Voicemail (VVM)
The following are the procedures to take to set up Visual Voicemail for the first time:
- Applications may be accessed from any Home screen. Visual Voicemail may be found by scrolling down and tapping it. In order to enable Visual Voicemail and activate the functionality for the first time, press Next
- Then Done.
How to set up a custom voicemail greeting on a Samsung Galaxy S10, in 2 different ways
- It’s crucial to know how to set up your voicemail on a new Samsung Galaxy S10 if you’re setting up the phone for the first time, so you don’t miss any critical messages. The Galaxy S10’s Phone app may be used to create a personalized voicemail greeting
- Simply launch the app and dial your voicemail number
- Then hit “3” to access the options. If you have a visual voicemail software installed, you might also record a personalized greeting for your calls. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
When you initially set up your new Samsung Galaxy S10, one of the first things you might want to do is record a voicemail greeting for yourself. Unfortunately, it is not immediately evident how to do so, and as a result, many individuals rely on the default greeting. The good news is that setting up a personalized voicemail greeting on your Samsung Galaxy S10 is simple.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
When you first launch the Phone app on your device, you may see that the numeric keypad is missing. To fix this, hit “Keypad” at the bottom of the screen. Voicemail may be accessed by pressing and holding the “1” key on your keyboard. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. 2.Press and hold the “1” button for about two seconds, or until the phone automatically dials voicemail for assistance. 3.Immediately press the number three to access voicemail settings. 4.Pay attention to the available alternatives.
5.The current personal greeting will be played; then press “2” one again to record a new welcome.
6.When you’re finished, say whatever welcome you wish and hit ” ” to close the window.
7.Pull the phone line to a halt.
How to set up your voicemail using a visual voicemail app
Instead of recording and sending a greeting through your phone’s voicemail system, you may utilize a visual voicemail application installed on your phone. For example, in the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, select “Settings” from the three-dot menu at the upper right of the screen. In the GreetingsPin area, you can either record a new greeting or tap the default greeting to record a new one. The use of a visual voicemail app may be a more convenient method to record and manage voicemail greetings in the future.
Here are some examples of visual voicemail applications for the most popular cellphone service providers:
- T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AT&T Visual Voicemail, Sprint Visual Voicemail are all examples of visual voicemail.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom. Writer on a freelance basis A technology journalist, Dave Johnson covers consumer technology and how the industry is changing the futuristic realm of science fiction into a reality that is more like ours today. Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist. After that, he worked for Microsoft for eight years as a content lead on the Windows team.
Besides being the author of more than a dozen books, Dave also contributes to a variety of websites and magazines such as CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and the Insider magazine. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
Set up or change a voicemail greeting – Computer
It is possible to record a personalized welcome for your voicemail or utilize the Google Voice default greeting in both cases. Create up to ten voicemail greetings and choose the one that you want callers to hear when they reach you.
Turn on your microphone
In order to record a new welcome, your browser must allow Google Voice to access the microphone on your computer.
|Browser||Instructions for accessing your microphone|
|Chrome Browser||See:Use your cameramicrophone|
|Mozilla ®Firefox ®||See:Use the Microphone|
|Apple ®Safari ®||See:Change Website preferences in Safari on Mac|
Record a new greeting
When using the Chrome or Firefox browsers, you may record a welcome that is up to three minutes in length. If you are using Safari, you can only record for a maximum of one minute. With Microsoft ®Internet Explorer ®, you will be unable to record a new greeting. The default greeting is played to callers if you don’t record a fresh welcome for them. To record a new welcome, follow these steps: Because voicemail recording does not operate with Microsoft Internet Explorer, callers will hear the default greeting when they dial the number.
- Go to voice.google.com on your computer’s web browser. Settings may be found in the upper right of the screen. Select Voicemail from the drop-down menu on the left. In the Active greeting area, select Record a greeting from the drop-down menu. Select “Record” from the drop-down menu. Record your welcome and then press the Stop button
- Make a decision on what you want to do with the recording:
- To listen to the recording, use the Play button
- To replace the recording, press the Redo button. To save the recording, select Save from the drop-down menu. Fill in the blanks with a name for the new greeting and click Save
You have the option to record a greeting that is up to 3 minutes in length.
Change your greeting
To utilize a greeting that you have already recorded, or to return to the default greeting, follow these steps:
- Check your voicemail in Google Voice
- Send Google Voice calls to voicemail
- Check your voicemail in Google Voice
Was this information useful? What can we do to make it better?
How to Set up Voicemail on Samsung? [A Simple Quick Guide]
When it comes to features and usefulness, the Samsung Galaxy phone is unrivaled in the industry. There is a function on this phone that allows you to leave an audio message for someone else to hear, and this option is available. Yes, you read that correctly. Does your new Samsung Galaxy series phone have the ability to save a voicemail greeting in its memory? Your Samsung Galaxy S21’s voicemail settings are in poor condition, which indicates that you are destitute. It is possible to utilize this technology in instances where a person is not immediately available.
Installing a voicemail system today will assist you in staying on top of your schedule in the future.
2 Ways to Set-Up a Voicemail In your Samsung Galaxy Series
Before you may use voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy series phone, there are two steps you must perform. It is necessary to include a voicemail number. This number varies depending on the country and Internet service provider.
10 Steps to Setup Voicemail Samsung Galaxy
1.Open the “Phone” program on your computer. 2.Use the three dots in the top right corner to navigate between them. 3.Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears. 4.From the drop-down box, select “Voicemail.” Choosing “Voicemail Settings” from the drop-down option will take you to step 5. Make a note of the green number that appears underneath the term “Voicemail number” in step 6. 7.Return to the dialer and enter the number from Step 6 (including the *) in the same manner as you did before.
9.The voicemail box has been set up with the correct phone number in the message.
10.To return to the Start screen, hit the Enter key on your keyboard. Take a look at these images. If you are a new client who has not yet set up a voicemail app, you will be prompted to do so in order to customize your welcome message. Your user name is: [email protected]
- To begin, open the “Phone” program on your smartphone. The three dots in the top right corner may be used to toggle between modes. 3.From the drop-down menu, select “Settings.” 4. From the drop-down box, select “Voicemail.” 5. 5.From the drop-down box, select “Voicemail Settings.” 6. Sixth, make a note of the green number that appears beneath the term “Voicemail number.” Afterwards, return to the dialer and enter the number from Step 6 (including the *) exactly as you did before. The green phone button must be pressed in order to make a call in 8. Nine. The voicemail box has been programmed with the correct phone number. 10. By hitting the Enter key, you will be sent back to the Start screen. 11. Examine the following images: The creation of an account and personalization of your greeting will be required of all new users who have not yet set up a voicemail app. Input the following information as your user name:
7 Steps Required to Create a Personalized Voice Greeting
After you have established your voicemail number, it is required to record a customized message greeting for your contacts. Follow the steps given in the next section. 1.Open the Phone program on your computer. If you don’t see the numeric keypad right away, it may be found near the bottom of the screen near the arrow keys. 2. Press and hold the number one for roughly two seconds, or until the phone contacts voicemail on its own. 3. To access voicemail settings, immediately press the number three key on your phone.
In order to record a new greeting on most voicemail systems, you must first press the “2” key to begin the process.
6.When you’re completed, speak a welcome in whatever language you like and press the ” button.
7.You have created a personalized voicemail greeting for yourself.
What Should I do if I want to change my Voicemail Greeting?
After you have established your voicemail number, it is required to record a customized message greeting for recipients. To get started, follow the steps detailed in the following section. 1.Open the Phone program on your mobile device. Even if you don’t notice it right away, the numeric keypad may be located near the bottom of the screen. 2. Press and hold the number one for roughly two seconds, or until the phone reaches voicemail on its own initiative. 3. 3. To access voicemail settings, immediately press the number three key on your keyboard.
Press the “2” key once again to record a new personal greeting, after which the existing one will be played back.
Your own voicemail greeting has been personalized by you.
- Open the “Google Voice” program on your phone and dial the number. Alternatively, you may reach the Settings menu by selectingMenu from its location at the upper left of your screen. ChooseVoicemail greetingfrom the drop-down option in the Voicemail section. Make a greeting active by touching More next to the greeting you intend to use, then selecting “Set this greeting as active.”
How can I listen to my Voice mail messages?
When you receive a voicemail message on your Samsung Galaxy, you have many options for listening to it: When you get a new voicemail, the Voicemail icon will display in the Notifications section of your screen. You may also reach your voicemail by pressing and holding the One (1) key on the dial pad while doing the following steps: Press and hold the One (1) key while performing the following steps:
- It is possible to access applications from any Home screen
- It is possible to find Visual Voicemail simply scrolling down the page and tapping it
- By scrolling to and touching the voicemail message you wish to hear, you may choose which one you want to hear. To hear the message, press the blue Play button on your computer’s keyboard.
Is it Possible to turn off my Voicemail on my Samsung S20?
From every Home screen, you may launch an application. To access Visual Voicemail, scroll down and touch on the icon at the bottom of the screen. By scrolling to and touching the voicemail message you wish to hear, you may choose which one to hear. Simply click on the blue “Play” button to begin listening to the message.
Method 1: Voicemail can be turned off using a code.
Step 1: On your desktop, locate and click on the Phone Dialler icon. Step 2:In order to complete this step, you will need to dial a special code that will guide you through the process of turning off voicemail on your device.
Step 3:The only thing left to do is enter the code for your wireless provider. This code may be obtained quickly and easily by going to the official website of your carrier. Here is a list of some of the most frequently used carrier codes.
Fourth, after calling the code, wait for it to connect before proceeding to the next step. You may be requested to provide a language voicemail PIN, a password for your account, and/or other authentication details throughout the registration process. Simply advise the support personnel that you do not wish to have your voicemail service activated after you have been connected in step 5. As soon as they confirm that your voicemail service has been switched off for the time being, you are free to terminate the call.
Method 2: Disable Call forwarding
Step 1: Select the Voice Call icon, which is represented like a phone, from the drop-down menu. 2nd step: Select the menu item from the drop-down menu that appears. The Settings option may be found in Step 3. Choosing Supplementary Services from the drop-down menu is the fourth step. Make a selection from the drop-down menu. Step 5:From the drop-down menu, select Call Forwarding as the action. Choosing Voice Call from the drop-down menu is the sixth step. Step 7:From the drop-down menu, select the Always Forward call to option.
Disable the program by pressing the Disable button.
What Is Visual Voicemail?
Visual Voicemail makes it simple for you to keep track of the messages that have been sent to your phone number. The visual voicemail system enables you to quickly scan through a list of your messages and select which ones you want to hear first. Previously recorded voicemail messages are now available for viewing on your computer.
How can I set up my Visual Voicemail?
If you prefer not to record and transmit a greeting through your phone’s voicemail system, you may utilize a visual voicemail application that is already installed on your phone instead. For example, with the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, go to “Settings” from the three-dot menu at the top right of the screen to access the settings menu. In the GreetingsPin section, you can record a new greeting by touching the default greeting and then recording a new one. Visual Voicemail may be accessed by clicking on it.
- T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AT&T Visual Voicemail, Sprint Visual Voicemail are all examples of visual voicemail.
There’s more to it than that!
Step-by-step instructions on How to Configure Voicemail on your iPhone.
Step 1:From your iPhone’s home screen, open the Phone app and pick the Voicemail icon in the top right corner to display your visual voicemail. Step 2:A ‘Set up’ button will appear on the iPhone’s screen. Press this button to begin the setup process. You will need to enter your oil password if you have previously used voicemail with your iPhone. If this is your first time visiting the site, you will need to create a new password and enter it. When you’re finished, click on the ‘Done’ button. Afterwards, you’ll be presented with the Greeting screen on your iPhone, where you may record a personalized voicemail greeting for your contacts.
Check your work by reading it aloud to yourself or playing it backwards.
To save time, you may skip this step by selecting ‘Done’ once you have reviewed the Default greeting for your iPhone voicemail settings.
If you discover that the Apple visual voicemail does not match your requirements, you may switch to using an iOS visual voicemail program from a carrier such as AT T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint, which is more cost effective.
My Final Thoughts
In recent years, life has grown increasingly intertwined, to the point that we sometimes wish we could take some time off and not be forced to check our phones every minute of the day to keep up with the latest news. You should be familiar with how to set up voicemail on Android or iPhone in order to prevent missing crucial calls in certain instances. This will allow you to be away from other businesses or engagements without having to worry about missing any critical calls. I hope I was able to assist you with your difficulty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Phone applications may be accessed from the home screen of the phone. Click on the Keypad tab, then on the Visual Voicemail icon in the drop-down menu that appears
- To set up voicemail, press and hold the 1 key on your phone’s keyboard until the message is received. Continue is the choice. To proceed, press the OK button.
What is the procedure for Turning off Voicemail on my Samsung Galaxy S10?
To access the following icons from a Home screen, click on them: Icon of a phone Settings are accessible via the Settings icon in the menu bar. If the Phone icon is not visible, scroll up to see all of the applications, and then tap the Phone symbol to make it visible. Voicemail can be selected from the drop-down menu. Alternatively, you may selectCall SettingsVoicemail if you are unable to be contacted. To enable or disable Visual Voicemail, press and hold the Visual Voicemail switch for a few seconds.
Why is it that my voicemail does not work on Samsung?
A simple update to your carrier’s voicemail app or settings will almost always resolve the problem; nevertheless, it is critical to double-check that your voicemail number is correctly setup before continuing any further with the procedure described below. It will be possible for you to turn off your phone at any time after you’ve set up voicemail on your phone. There are, however, other techniques by which you may stay in touch with your friends and family.
How to Record or Change Your Voicemail Greeting on Android Phone
We understand that you are unable to – or do not always choose to – answer phone calls as soon as they are received. Maybe you’re in the middle of something essential, or maybe you’re in a social scenario where picking up the phone would be impolite. Alternatively, your phone may just be in a location where you can’t get to it fast, such as another room, a bag or purse, or even back at home because you forgot about it! You must be able to tell individuals who phone you how they can get in touch with you, or at the very least how they can get their message through to you, for whatever purpose they call.
You can learn how to set up a voicemail system on your Android phone in this lesson, whether you want a standard greeting for simplicity and functionality, or a custom greeting that adds a personal touch.If you haven’t already, you can learn how to activate the voicemail system on your Android phone in our tutorialhere.
How to record or change your Android voicemail greeting in 10 simple steps
Your phone’s power should be turned on. Then, select thePhoneapp from the drop-down menu.
2. Open the dial pad.
To bring up your phone’s dial pad, tap the dial padicon located towards the bottom of the display screen.
3. Call your voicemail.
Type the phone number associated with your voicemail account into the dial pad, and then hit the greenCallbutton to initiate the call.
Alternatively, you may just press and hold the1key if that is more convenient.
4. Enter your voicemail password.
The message will ask you to enter your password if you have protected your voicemail account with a password lock in place. Make use of the dial pad to do this.
5. Go to your voicemail settings.
The particular options that you have – as well as the keys on the dial pad that you must press in order to reach them – may change significantly depending on your telecom provider once you have accessed your voicemail system. Even so, the overall procedure should be identical to that which will be outlined from here on out. In any case, begin by pressing the key on the dial pad that corresponds to your unique preferences and preferences. In this instance, the answer is 4.
6. Access your greeting or recorded name settings.
Then, using the dial pad, select the choice for your greeting or recorded name by pressing the key that corresponds to it. In this instance, the answer is 3.
7. Edit your voicemail greeting.
To change or record your voicemail greeting, tap the dial pad key on your phone’s keypad. In this particular instance, it is1.
8. Select a standard greeting, or create a custom one.
Typically, you will be offered the option of either selecting a basic welcome or recording a personalized message. Select the key on the dial pad that corresponds to the action you wish to do. In this instance, you may choose whether you want a conventional greeting or a customized greeting by pressing 1 or 2. If you choose a conventional greeting, you may be given the option of selecting from a number of various alternatives. If you want to leave a greeting with your recorded name, you may press 1 on the dial pad, or you can press 2 to leave a welcome with your phone number in this case.
- Press the corresponding key on the keypad (in this example,) to end the recording once you’ve completed editing your video.
- We offer articles with ideas on how to record a formal voicemail greeting to demonstrate your professionalism, as well as articles with tips on how to record a hilarious voicemail greeting if you want to make your family and friends laugh.
- For example, you may play it again to hear how it sounds, re-record the greeting if you don’t like how it sounds (in this case, go back and repeat step 10), or confirm the greeting if you’re content with how it sounds.
- There are three options in this case: you may hit 1 to repeat the greeting,* to re-record the greeting, or to keep it.
9. Hang up.
To hang up and depart your voicemail system after selecting a greeting, hit the redEnd Callbutton on your phone’s keypad. That’s all there is to it! You should now be familiar with the fundamentals of customizing your Android phone’s voicemail greeting.
Whether you think a normal greeting would enough or want a personalized greeting to add a touch of personality, you’re all prepared to create one! We’ll next go through how to actually check your voicemail in the next section.
How to Setup Voicemail on Galaxy S21 in Very Simple Steps
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is a fantastic new smartphone with a plethora of innovative features. There is a function in this phone that is handy for leaving a voice message for someone, and it is included in some of the features. It is, in fact, a voicemail. Is it possible for you to set up voicemail on your new Samsung Galaxy S21 series phone as a user? If you have never learned how to set up voicemail on your Samsung Galaxy S21, it is safe to say that you are a very impoverished person. You can make advantage of this function if the person you are calling is not available or is engaged in another discussion.
Step by step to setup voicemail on Galaxy S21
Prior to being able to utilize voicemail on your phone, there are two tasks you must do. The first is that you must include a voicemail number in your profile. This number changes depending on your location as well as your service provider. If you’re a customer of AT T, you can follow the AT T Galaxy S21 voicemail configuration. Set up a voicemail box on your Samsung Galaxy S21 Series smartphone. The methods outlined below will assist you in setting up your voicemail number.
- Launch the ” Phone ” application. Toggle between the three dots in the upper right corner. ” Settings “
- ” Voicemail “
- ” Voicemail Settings “
- Remember the green number underneath “Voicemail number”
- It’s important. Enter the phone number from Step 6 (including the *) into the dialer once more. To make a phone call, press the green phone button. The voicemail box number has been established. Alternatively, return to the Start screen
For new customers who have not yet set up a voicemail box, you will be requested to create an account and personalize your welcome. Your user name is:
- The number must be between 4 and 10 digits in length. No single digit can be repeated more than once (for example, 1111)
- It can’t be in an ascending or descending order (for example, 1234 or 7654). The phone number, or even a portion of it, cannot be yours. It can’t be the numbers 7890, 2580, or 1210
- It cannot be the same as a previously used PIN number.
Setup a personal voicemail greeting on the Samsung Galaxy S21 Series
It is necessary to record a customized message greeting once you have set up your voicemail number. Take the actions outlined below.
- Launch the Phone application. The numeric keypad may be found towards the bottom of the screen if you don’t see it immediately after pressing ” Keypad ” For approximately two seconds, press and hold the ” 1 ” button until the phone automatically dials voicemail
- To access voicemail settings, immediately press ” 3 ” on your keyboard. Pay attention to the alternatives. On most voicemail systems, press ” 2 ” to begin the process of recording a new greeting
- On some systems, press ” 3 ” to stop the procedure. It will play the current personal greeting, and then you may press ” 2 ” again to record a new welcome. When you’re finished, say any welcome you wish and touch “.” To save the greeting, press the ” 1.” button. The personal voicemail greeting has been programmed into the system. Immediately disconnect the phone
How to setup voicemail using a Visual Voicemail Applications
Instead of recording and setting a greeting, you may utilize a visual voicemail application installed on your Galaxy S21 to record and establish a greeting. When using the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app, for example, select “Settings” from the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of the screen. You may record a fresh greeting in the GreetingsPinsection by tapping the default greeting and then recording it again. Here are some examples of visual voicemail applications for the most popular cellphone service providers:
- AT&T Visual Voicemail, Sprint Visual Voicemail, and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail are examples of visual voicemail systems.
How to listen voicemail messages on your Samsung Galaxy S21
In the notification area, you will see the Voicemail symbol appear when you get a new voicemail. To check your voicemail messages, you may also access your voicemail by pressing and holding the One (1) key on the dial pad while doing the following steps:
- Applications may be accessed from any Home screen. Visual Voicemail may be found by scrolling down and tapping it. Select the voicemail message you wish to hear by scrolling to it and tapping it. If you want to listen to the message, click on the blue Play symbol.
You can see that setting up voicemail on your new Samsung Galaxy S21 is not that difficult after reading the instructions to do so, can’t you? So, all you have to do now is carefully follow the procedures outlined above to be able to take use of this type of smart service offered by Samsung. Smart users, good luck with your endeavors!
Set Up and Manage Voicemail on Your Smartphone (iPhone & Android)
Although we recently covered how to switch off your voicemail service, this article will teach you how to set up voicemail on your smartphone, if you don’t already know how. However, more than a billion voicemails are left every single day throughout the world, making it a time-consuming and difficult method of communicating with others. There are occasions when you are just too busy or unable to answer the phone; in these instances, voicemail may be really useful. Setting up voicemail on your smartphone should be straightforward, regardless of whether you own a Samsung Galaxy S21, a Motorola Edge, or an Apple iPhone 12.
- In this blog, we will present a broad overview that will allow you to set up and manage your voicemail service on your smartphone, and we will walk you through the process step-by-step on both Android and iPhone operating system platforms.
- If, on the other hand, you are tired with typical voicemail services that take up a lot of your time and are seeking for a better option, clickhere to learn more about Vxt.
- Some phones will have the option to activate voicemail using the Phone app, while others will not.
- It is possible to set up your voicemail from the phone dialer app if your carrier supports native visual voicemail (as is the case for the vast majority of carriers in the United States).
- If this is the case for you, the first thing you need do is open the Phone application on your iPhone.
- Voicemail may be configured within the Phone App.
- If selecting this option results in a phone call, you’ll need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the voicemail configuration.
Ideally, this choice should be prominently displayed somewhere in the centre of the page.
This number should be between four and six digits in length.
To record a greeting, pick the ‘Greeting’ tab in the top left corner of the screen and then press the record button.
After you have entered your password, click on the ‘Done’ button in the top right corner of the screen.
Once more, press the ‘Done’ button to complete the configuration of your voicemail password.
You may personalize your voicemail greetings by visiting this page.
Alternatively, if you wish to record a custom greeting, pick ‘Custom’ from the dropdown menu.
Depending on your selection, you may be presented with the opportunity to record a voicemail message for later retrieval.
When recording this message, speak carefully, then hit ‘Stop’, followed by ‘Save’ to save it.
You may also choose ‘Cancel’ if you want to cancel or alter your recording.
Your voicemail system is now set up, with a personalized or default greeting and a password to secure it from being accessed by others.
While the Phone app may be used to set up voicemail on some iPhones, the location of your iPhone can affect whether or not this is an option for you.
As an alternative, your service provider’s settings menu may have a section devoted to the configuration and management of voicemail messages.
In certain countries, such as Australia and New Zealand, you will be required to phone the mailbox number of your service provider in order to begin setting up your voicemail. The following are the voicemail numbers for some of the most prominent Australian carriers:
Additionally, the following New Zealand service providers’ voicemail numbers are listed: In some cases, depending on your carrier, you may be prompted to record your name for your normal greeting when you first set up your voicemail system. To personalize your welcome and notification method, simply follow the onscreen prompts. You can also set up a security code at this point. The process of configuring voicemail on your Android smartphone Open the Android Phone App on your device. As with the iPhone, certain Android phones will offer the ability to enable voicemail using the Phone app, which is similar to the iPhone.
If you have an Android phone such as the Oppo Find X2 Pro, this configuration will be slightly different than if you have an Ultra Google Pixel 4a, for example.
If this is the case for you, the first thing you need do is launch the Android Phone application.
Notice that the color and picture will change based on the sort of Android phone you own; nonetheless, the image below serves as an example.) Voicemail may be configured within the Phone App.
For customers in Australia and New Zealand, this will most likely result in a phone call, in which case you will need to follow the directions to complete the process of setting up or updating your voicemail preferences.
If this message occurs, there should be an ability to alter it under the ‘Voicemail’ menu option if it does show.
This option can be selected by touching on it.
Continuing is accomplished by selecting the option labeled “Your Carrier.” You may now access the ‘Setup’ option, which is located below the ‘Service’ option.
To proceed, choose ‘Voicemail Number’ and enter your cell phone number in the appropriate field.
You are now ready to begin configuring your voicemail system.
Otherwise, you’ll have to go back to the home screen and press the Phone symbol to go back into the phone app.
To finish the last phases of the procedure, pay attention to the suggestions and follow them.
You will, however, typically be prompted to create a password, record a greeting, and alter the playback settings, among other things.
It’s critical that you finish your voicemail setup by crafting an effective, personalized greeting for your recipients.
Once you are satisfied with your voicemail message, you may navigate to any other page or application on your Android device.
Simply pressing and holding the number one key or selecting the voicemail notice on the screen will allow you to check your voicemail in the future.
Calling the customer support number provided by your service provider will connect you with a person.
You may find out who your service provider is by looking at the homepage of your phone or the billing information on your phone.
Depending on the time of day, traffic can be heavy, and you may find yourself waiting on hold for an extended amount of time while you try to get in touch with someone.
In spite of the fact that setting up voicemail is quite straightforward, some phone providers and carriers charge an additional fee for voicemail, and using a voicemail service might result in a game of cat-and-mouse with people who are attempting to call you.
It can take anything from minutes to hours to hear caller information as well as the contents of each voicemail message on a traditional voicemail system.
A visual voicemail tool like Vxt transcribes and displays your messages in an email-like interface, allowing you to rapidly read and prioritize them without having to listen to each and every message for minutes or even hours.
Additionally, instead of listening to visual voicemail messages in chronological order, as is the case with traditional voicemail, you can read visual voicemail messages in whatever order you choose.
The usage of visual voicemail applications, such as Vxt, can save consumers time while also providing them with other useful capabilities like as voicemail transcription, intelligent voicemail greetings, voicemail to email, and in-app dictation.
You can see for yourself how simple it is to install and begin using Vxt by visiting our setup instructions.