- 1 Screen mirroring to your Samsung TV
- 2 How to cast on Samsung TV’s [all methods]
- 3 How to cast on Samsung TV using Chromecast
- 4 How to cast on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
- 5 Cast on Samsung TV using the Smart View App
- 6 Steps to cast on Samsung TV using Quick Connect
- 7 Cast on Samsung TV via AirPlay
- 8 Cast music on Samsung TV via Airplay
- 9 3 Ways to Cast to Samsung TV – TV To Talk About
- 10 3 Ways to Cast to A Samsung TV
- 11 2.C ast to TV withSmart Things
- 12 3. Cast to TV withHDMI Adapter Cable
- 13 How to screen mirror from your iPhone to a Samsung TV in 2 different ways
- 14 How to turn on AirPlay on a Samsung TV
- 15 How to screen mirror an iPhone to a Samsung TV using AirPlay 2
- 16 How to screen mirror an iPhone to Samsung TV with an HDMI cord and Lightning Digital AV adapter
- 17 How to change AirPlay settings on your Samsung TV
- 18 TV Cast
- 19 Video & TV Cast
- 20 Ratings and Reviews
- 21 Information
- 22 Supports
- 23 What is Apple Airplay and Airplay 2?
- 24 How is Airplay 2 different to Bluetooth?
- 25 What’s the difference between screen mirroring and screen casting?
- 26 What Samsung TVs support Airplay?
- 27 How to use Airplay on Samsung TV: getting started
- 28 How to change the AirPlay 2 settings on your Samsung TV
- 29 How to cast on Android instead
Screen mirroring to your Samsung TV
Likewise, as technological advancements progress, so does the terminology connected with those advancements. We all use phrases like “screen mirroring” and “casting” on a regular basis today, and it may be quite confusing. What are all of these symbols implying? Simply put, both services allow you to stream films, photographs, and other material from your phone to your smart TV. That’s all you really need to know. But if you’re looking for a more in-depth definition, we’ve got it right here for you.
The solution is right there in the name: screen mirroring.
Whatever is currently displayed on your phone will be displayed on the television, whether it is a video, a photo, or a Settings menu.
Smart View is the name given to the screen mirroring function on Samsung smartphones.
- The screen mirroring technology for iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it accomplishes the same exact thing as on other devices – it mirrors photos, movies, and other data.
- Whichever model you have, it’s a fantastic way to share films, images, and other media from your phone directly on the screen of your smart TV.
- Apple’s AirPlay interface is used.
- It is not immediately evident what the term “casting” means due to the fact that it can be used in a variety of contexts.
- Certain programs, such as Netflix or YouTube, allow you to cast films directly from your phone to a large screen display.
- When you cast a video or a movie, the video or movie will only display on the television.
- It’s an extremely easy method to watch a movie while also using your phone.
- Some televisions may require you to change inputs or enable screen mirroring before they will function properly.
- Specifics can be found in the owner’s handbook for your television.
Projection of photographs or movies from your phone, tablet, or computer onto your television may make a great impression. If you want, you may do the inverse and broadcast your TV directly to the screen of your phone or tablet!
- As technology progresses, so does the vocabulary that is used to communicate about it. We all use terminology like “screen mirroring” and “casting” on a regular basis today, and it may be quite perplexing. Was there a reason for each one of them? All you really need to know is that they both allow you to stream films, photographs, and other material from your phone to your smart TV without any additional equipment. A more detailed definition, on the other hand, is available right here on this page. I’m not sure what screen mirroring is, exactly. What you’re looking for is right there in the name: screen mirroring. A smart TV, for example, may be used to display what is now displayed on your phone’s display. Regardless of whether it’s a movie, a photo, or a Settings menu, whatever is now displayed on your phone will appear on your television. It is possible that if you do an action on your phone (for example, switching to a different app), the action will be replicated on the other screen. Smart View is the name of the function that allows you to mirror your screen on a Galaxy handset. Simply pressing the Smart View icon and following the on-screen instructions will allow you to mirror your screen in seconds. Similarly, AirPlay, which is available on iPhones, accomplishes the same task – reflecting photos, movies, and other material – on a second screen. When compared to Smart View, using AirPlay is comparable yet slightly different. You may use it to share films, photographs, and other content from your phone directly on your smart TV, regardless of the model you have. Smart View is the user interface for the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Interface for Apple AirPlay I’m not sure what you’re talking about. It is not immediately evident what the term “casting” means due to the fact that it may be used in a variety of other contexts. For phones and televisions, “casting” involves transferring sound and images in real time via a network such as the internet. You may cast films from your phone to a wide screen using some apps, such as Netflix or YouTube. In the absence of a smart TV, you may watch videos using third-party casting devices such as the Google Chromecast or Amazon FireTV. In the case of a casting, the video or movie will only be seen on the television screen. You can use your phone to control the video, but you can also close the app and do other things without interfering with the film as long as the phone is still connected to the computer. Using this method, you may watch a movie and use your phone at the same time. Important: In order for this to function, make sure your television is turned on and linked to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. In some cases, switching inputs or turning on screen mirroring may be required on your television. Non-Samsung TV compatibility may vary or be unavailable depending on the model. Specifics can be found in the owner’s handbook for your TV. In the Quick settings panel, you will see SmartView, which is not an app that you need to download to your smartphone. Display photographs or movies from your phone or tablet on your television to make a huge impression. If you want, you may do the inverse and stream your TV directly to the screen of your phone or tablet.
When you’re through with Smart View, press theSmart Viewicon on your phone’s home screen, followed by the wordDisconnect. If you want assistance with altering the icons in the Quick settings panel, please see our instructions. Requirements Make sure your computer and television meet the necessary specifications before everyone can watch the program. You will require the following materials: A PC that is WiDi compatible: WiDi will be supported by the vast majority of modern PCs (since Windows 8).
If your PC does not support WiDi, you will need to utilize a separate USB adapter to connect to the network.
If this is not the case, an external adaptor can be used.
- To exit Smart View, press and hold theSmart Viewicon on your phone’s home screen for a few seconds, then tapDisconnect. See our support article if you need assistance with altering the icons in the Quick settings panel. Requirements Check that your computer and television meet the necessary specifications before everyone can watch the show. It is necessary to have the following materials: A PC that is WiDi-compatible must have the following characteristics: WiDi will be supported by the vast majority of modern PCs (since Windows 8) The most effective method of determining whether or not your PC is compatible is to try to mirror it. Using a separate USB adapter if your PC does not support WiDi is the only option. On your television, you should have a Miracast or WiDi receiver. In order to use Miracast or WiDi, your television must have a receiver. Otherwise, an external adaptor can be utilized. Your screen should be mirrored
Disconnect the gadgets from the computer. It’s time to unplug from your computer when you’ve done mirroring your screen.
- On your computer, select Start, then type Bluetooth and other device settings into the search box and click on it when it appears. If you’re running Windows 10, all you have to do is choose the linked device. You can disconnect a device from your computer if you’re running Windows 11. To do so, click More choices (the three vertical dots) next to the device you wish to disconnect. Remove the gadget by clicking on it and then selecting Yes.
You can also use the SmartThingsapp to mirror the display of your phone or tablet to a television set. To begin, ensure that your television is switched on and that it is connected to your SmartThings account.
- Open the SmartThingsapp on your phone or tablet and pick the TV that you want to mirror with your phone or tablet Choose Mirror screen (Smart View) from the TV’s settings page by selecting More choices (the three vertical dots) and then Mirror screen (Smart View). Start immediately by tappingStart, and if necessary, provide your TV permission to access your smartphone.
Please keep in mind that this functionality may not be accessible on the SmartThings PC edition. Please keep in mind that the Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy A, and Galaxy J series do not have HDMI output. If you are unable to connect your phone or tablet to a TV wirelessly, you may still screen mirror by connecting your device via a DeX cable or a USB-C to HDMI connection instead. Simply attach the wire to your television. It is possible that some models will automatically begin screen mirroring. To access the Notifications panel, you may need to slide down from the top of your device’s screen at other times of the day.
If you’re experiencing difficulties mirroring your phone or tablet, try the following suggestions:
- If your phone or tablet does not display properly, it may be because it requires permission from the television. Restart your device as well as your television, and then try to connect again. Make sure you selectAllow when the message appears on the television. You should also check for software upgrades on your devices if you haven’t already. To see if the problem remains, try doing a factory data reset on your phone or tablet. On a Samsung TV, you have the option of disabling the authorization for your smartphone to view your TV screen. Navigate to General and then External Device Manager from theSettings menu on your television. Access Notification may be found by going to Device Connect Manager and selecting it. When utilizing Smart View, turn this setting off to prevent the device from automatically connecting to it. You may also choose Device List from the Device Connect Manager page if you want to manage the devices that are connected to your television. Screen timeout settings should be changed if your computer’s screen continually shutting off. Search for and selectScreen timeout from theSettings menu. From there, you may tweak the settings to ensure that your phone or tablet remains powered for a longer period of time. The Smart View menu will appear if the Smart View symbol is tapped on your phone or tablet when it is minimized. When you connect a device to your computer, the Smart View Control menu is only visible on that device. If the device’s picture seems small on your screen, you may make it a little larger by altering the aspect ratio. On your phone or tablet, press theSmart Viewicon, then tapMore choices to see other options (the three vertical dots). To change the aspect ratio of your phone, go to Settings > Phone > Aspect ratio. You may then select your preferred aspect ratio from the drop-down menu. The 16:9 aspect ratio is the most visually appealing for most televisions.
How to cast on Samsung TV’s [all methods]
Samsung is a well-known brand in the television market, and it is one of the most widely used. The firm manufactures a wide range of televisions, including standard LCDs as well as smart TVs, among other things. People who wish to cast their phone, tablet, or desktop to their Samsung TVs have arrived at the correct web page, as seen below. In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of casting any of your devices to your Samsung TV in a few simple steps. The Google Chromecast is the most convenient choice if you do not have a Samsung smart television.
Google has introduced three versions of Chromecast including Chromecast Ultra, which are capable of streaming videos in up to 4K resolution.
If your television has an HDMI connector, you can use Google Chromecast to stream content to it.
The techniques for casting your device to a Samsung TV vary depending on the brand of your TV and the type of device from which you wish to cast. To cast your device to your Samsung TV, follow the procedures outlined below.
How to cast on Samsung TV using Chromecast
If you don’t already have a Samsung smart TV, this is the most cost-effective alternative for you.
- Purchase a Google Chromecast, which is one of the best and most affordable streaming sticks available. It is necessary to connect the power adaptor to the GoogleChromecast before connecting the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your Samsung TV, as shown below. Nowadays, almost every television is equipped with an HDMI port, which you can use to connect the Chromecast to your home network. Check to see that all of your devices (phone, tablet, and desktop) are connected to the same WiFi network before proceeding. Now Download the most recent version of the Google Home App from the Play Store or the iOS APP Store. After that, change your TV’s source to HDMI from the settings. Starting with your respective device, launch the Google Home App. The app will then begin searching for a nearby Chromecast device on its own. When the Chromecast has been located, select it and then click continue. You will now see a code on your television and mobile device. It is necessary to check whether both codes are identical before clicking on “That’s my code” in the Chromecast App. After that, the Google Chromecast is ready to begin casting content. If you are using a Chromecast-compatible app, you will need to tap on the cast button in order to view the content on your television. Enjoy
How to cast on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
Samsung TVs made from 2016 onwards are the most suitable models for connecting Android and iOS devices via the SmartThings App, according to Samsung. To cast your device to your Samsung TV, simply follow the simple instructions shown below.
- In order for your Samsung TV and your device to operate together, both must be connected to the same WiFi network. The SmartThings app is available on both the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store
- You can download and install it on your device from either location. Open the SmartThings app and select “Add Device” from the drop-down menu. To begin casting your device to your TV, choose it from the list of all possible devices on which you may cast
- It is possible that you may see a PIN on your TV screen and will need to enter that PIN in your app. By selecting Smart View, you will be able to cast content from your mobile to your Samsung TV.
Cast on Samsung TV using the Smart View App
- Obtain and install the Samsung Smart View App from either the Google Play Store or the App Store
- Check to be that your device (phone, tablet, or desktop) and your Samsung TV are both connected to the same WiFi network before proceeding. When you open the Samsung Smart View app, you will be presented with a list of all the devices to which you may cast
- Choose your television from the drop-down menu. Then you could be prompted to approve connection or enter a PIN number
- This is normal. Select the material that you want to see on your television screen now.
Also see: How to cast on Sony televisions.
Steps to cast on Samsung TV using Quick Connect
When using an Android phone running Marshmallow or below, Quick Connect is the screencasting tool that you may use.
- Ascertain that your Android phone and television are connected to the same WiFi network. When you first turn on your phone, pull down the notification bar and press on the Quick connect button to search for nearby devices and scan for them. If you choose Quick Connect, make sure you choose Enable Quick Connect from the drop-down menu. You will now see the button that says “scan for nearby devices.” Select your television from the list of available devices by pressing the button. Your gadget has now been successfully linked to your Samsung television. Content from your device may be shown on the television
Check out this article on how to reset Google Chromecast 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Generation.
Cast on Samsung TV via AirPlay
In the event that you own an Apple device, AirPlay is the most convenient method of casting content to a Samsung TV.
- Open the Photos App on your Apple smartphone and have a look around. The photo or movie you wish to project on your Samsung TV should be selected first. Now, in the bottom left of the screen, click on the share symbol to share your work. By pressing the Airplay button, all of the devices that are now available will be displayed on the screen of your device. Choose the television set to which you wish to broadcast your material
- In this case, there may be a code displayed on the television, which you must type into your Apple device.
Start by launching the Photos App on your Apple smartphone. The photo or movie you wish to project onto your Samsung TV should be selected first. Then, in the bottom left of the screen, click on the share symbol. Then, by tapping on Airplay, all of the devices that are now available will be seen on the screen of your mobile. Identify the television set to which you wish to broadcast your programming; In this case, there may be a code displayed on the television, which you must type into your Apple device;
Cast music on Samsung TV via Airplay
- Go to your Apple device’s music player and start listening. Choose a song or any other audio file that you wish to play on your television
- Now, to begin casting, touch on the Airplay button and choose your television from the list. Once again, a code may be displayed on the television, and you must type it into your Apple device.
If you are successful in casting the material from your device to your Samsung TV, please let me know how it went. If you have any difficulties when completing the instructions outlined above, please let us know in the comments section below. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and how-to tutorials.
3 Ways to Cast to Samsung TV – TV To Talk About
Do you want to know how to cast to your Samsung TV? Communication between electronic gadgets has become the norm as the world becomes more technologically advanced. Thus, your Android phone will be able to connect with your smart TV in one manner or another. In other words, you may easily access the information of your phone or laptop on your system in a variety of ways using various programs. However, in this post, we will only be looking at three of them, with a particular emphasis on Samsung televisions.
- That might be one of the things you do while taking advantage of the smart TV function on your television.
- Some people believe they are referring to the same item, however this is not the case.
- Screen mirroring is the process of projecting what is currently displayed on your phone’s screen onto a larger screen, such as a smart TV.
- If you browse to a different app on your phone at the same time, that activity will be displayed on the other screen as well.
- For example, you may use Netflix or YouTube to cast films from your phone to a large screen without having to use a computer.
You can also watch videos using third-party casting devices like as the Chromecast or the Amazon Firestick if you don’t have a smart TV. Only the video or movie will be displayed on the screen, and the majority of the control will be handled by your phone.
3 Ways to Cast to A Samsung TV
This option allows you to link your Samsung TV and phone via a wireless connection. Photos, films, presentations, and games are displayed on a huge screen to make them appear larger and more vibrant. If you are using a Samsung Galaxy mobile, for example, the screen mirroring feature is called Smart View. Simply pressing the Smart View icon and following the on-screen instructions will allow you to mirror your screen in seconds. The screen mirroring functionality for iPhones is known as AirPlay, and it serves the same purpose as the feature on iPads.
It is important to note that the screens and options available may differ based on the wireless provider, software version, and device model.
To accomplish this, follow these steps.
- Establish a connection between your device, PC, and television using the same Wi-Fi network. After sliding down the Quick Panel on your phone, select Smart View from the menu. After you’ve seen all of the available devices, select your television.
2.C ast to TV withSmart Things
This is Samsung’s smart home hub, which is designed to allow users to operate their smart home gadgets. It is available for download on both Android and iOS mobile devices. A majority of Samsung televisions built after 2016 are automatically detected and connected by the hub. However, if your television was manufactured prior to this, the Smart View app will be the most appropriate choice for you. Samsung is the source of this information. The following are the procedures to be followed:
- Establish a connection between your Samsung smart TV and your device using the same Wi-Fi network. Install the SmartThings app on your smartphone (the software comes pre-installed on the majority of Samsung devices)
- Select Add Device from the drop-down menu.
3. Cast to TV withHDMI Adapter Cable
The usage of this method was once the standard method of connecting to displays before the introduction of Smart Apps. HDMI adaptors are mostly employed in this situation for people who are experiencing trouble connecting wirelessly. It should be noted that Samsung HDMI adaptors are available for purchase separately and provide support for devices that use USB-C connectors.
- Connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI adapter and turn it on. Make sure the opposite end of the HDMI cable is connected to an HDMI port on your television. In order to use the HDMI adaptor, you must connect it to the USB port on your device. Turn on your television and choose the HDMI port that you are currently using as the input source.
With the help of this instruction, you should be able to fully utilize your Samsung devices now that they have been properly connected with your television set. As a result, you will receive excellent value for your money as well as a first-rate experience, whether you are beaming photographs or watching movies.
How to screen mirror from your iPhone to a Samsung TV in 2 different ways
- You can screen mirror, also known as AirPlay, content from your iPhone to your Samsung television. The majority of Samsung television models manufactured in 2018 or after are compatible with the most recent version of AirPlay, known as AirPlay 2. In the event that your Samsung TV isn’t AirPlay 2-compatible, or if you prefer a wired connection, you may still mirror your screen by connecting a lightning-to-HDMI converter to your computer. More stories may be found in Insider’s Tech Reference collection
- Click here.
A frequent feature of most modern technology is screen mirroring, which enables you to project material from the screen of one device to the screen of another device using a single cable. When it comes to Apple devices, screen mirroring is referred to as AirPlay, which is an abbreviation for Apple Devices. Despite the fact that AirPlay is an Apple feature, after the release of AirPlay 2 in 2018, it has been significantly easier to link devices from different manufacturers and operating systems.
In order to use AirPlay on your iPhone, you must first access it through the Control Center.
Alternatively, you may connect your iPhone to your Samsung TV using an HDMI connection to get the same result as described before. Here’s how to do the task.
How to turn on AirPlay on a Samsung TV
Before you can utilize screen mirroring or AirPlay on your Samsung TV, you must first ensure that the capability has been activated on the device. Select “General” from the “Settings” menu on your television remote control. 2.From the drop-down menu, select “Apple AirPlay Settings.” 3.Select “AirPlay” and toggle it to the “On” position.
How to screen mirror an iPhone to a Samsung TV using AirPlay 2
1.To access the Control Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of your iPhone’s screen. The Control Center may be reached by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on earlier iPhone models that do not have a physical home button. 2) Select “Screen Mirroring” from the drop-down menu next to the symbol of two overlapping rectangles. Open the Control Center and select “Screen Mirroring” from the drop-down menu. Melanie Weir/Insider3 is a photographer. Choose your Samsung TV from the list of accessible devices on your computer.
Melanie Weir/Insider4 is a photographer.
5.The complete screen of your iPhone should then begin to reflect onto your Samsung television.
How to AirPlay content from within apps
If you don’t want to mirror your phone’s complete screen to your TV, several large video providers, such as Amazon Prime Video, HBO Max, and Hulu, have an AirPlay button built right into their apps, which you may use instead. Unfortunately, Netflix no longer provides the in-app AirPlay feature as a standard feature. Some built-in iPhone apps, such as the Photos app, include an AirPlay feature, which may be found under the “Share” menu. When you’ve confirmed that your phone and television are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network, launch the app and pick the material you wish to play.
You can AirPlay from the Photos app if you press the “Share” button, then pick “AirPlay” from the drop-down menu.
Melanie Weir/Insider3 is a photographer.
4.If a passcode is displayed on your Samsung TV, input it into the pop-up window on your iPhone or iPad.
How to screen mirror an iPhone to Samsung TV with an HDMI cord and Lightning Digital AV adapter
In the event that you choose to use a wired connection, or if your devices aren’t AirPlay-compatible, you may link them together using an HDMI cable and a Lightning-to-HDMI converter. AN Lightning-to-HDMI converter is a little dongle that links your iPhone to an HDMI cable, which in turn connects your iPhone to your television. Buying the converter on Amazon will cost you roughly $40, and if you don’t already have an HDMI cable, you’ll also need to purchase one. 1. Attach the Lightning end of the cable to the Lightning port on your iPhone.
Make a connection between your iPad or iPhone and the adapter that is inserted into the Lightning port of your iPad or iPhone using the HDMI cable.
3.Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your Samsung television set. Move the television’s input to the HDMI channel that corresponds to the one you just created. Begin playing the material on your phone so that it may be seen on your television.
How to change AirPlay settings on your Samsung TV
Select “General” from the “Settings” menu on your television remote control. 2.From the drop-down menu, select “Apple AirPlay Settings.” 3.From here, select one or more of the following choices to make the necessary modifications:
- Activating AirPlay on your television: This allows you to activate the AirPlay function on your television, which only has to be done the first time you use AirPlay. You may also turn off AirPlay if you like. It is possible to adjust the size, font, and color of the subtitles in this setting, as well as whether or not subtitles are displayed for your selected media. Regarding AirPlay: You may use this menu to check that you’re running the most recent version of AirPlay or to find out more about the program you’re currently using. Code that is required: Any device connected to your Wi-Fi network that is compatible with AirPlay can connect and mirror to your television when you first start using it. Alternatively, if you wish to prohibit this from happening for whatever reason, you may use this setting to generate a password that users must input before they can project anything onto your television
Melanie Weir is a free-lance writer. Melanie Weir is a freelance writer for Insider, primarily contributing to the Tech Reference section, but also occasionally writing about lifestyle and entertainment subjects. She lives in New York City. Besides that, she works as a freelance writer for ScreenRant and as the Lead Weekend News Editor at TheThings.com, among other places. She spends her leisure time writing plays for both the theater and the cinema. Melanie Weir may be reached at [email protected] or through her professional network, LinkedIn.
Melanie Weir is a free-lance writer who lives in the United Kingdom. She works as a freelance writer for Insider, mostly for the Tech Reference section, but she also contributes to the Lifestyle and Entertainment sections on a regular basis. Besides that, she works as a freelance writer for ScreenRant and as the Lead Weekend News Editor at TheThings.com, among other publications. Writing plays for both the stage and the film is something she enjoys doing in her leisure time. Her email address is [email protected], and she can also be reached via LinkedIn.
Video & TV Cast
On your Samsung Smart TV or Blu-ray Player, you may watch any web video, online movie, livestream, or live television broadcast. With the world’s most popular web video streamer, you can watch the program on your large screen. Utilizing Samsung Smart TV’s VideoTV Cast feature you may surf the web and stream any web video, online movie, livestream, or live television show that you choose on your Samsung Smart TV. The following file types are supported: mp4, m3u8, hls livestreams, as well as video-over-IP.
- You may view films for as little as 2 minutes or as long as 2 hours or even longer.
- The link that was detected will be shown underneath the browser.
- There is no requirement to install a large media server such as Plex or any other third-party software.
- Please input the IP address of your iPhone or iPad on your Samsung TV Remote by using the number pad and the up/down/left/right keys on the remote.
- HBO and other DRM protected films such as iTunes movies, Flash video, and other formats are no longer supported!
- * While surfing, please make use of the Remote Playbar to control the video (see more info below) * There is no screen or tab mirroring available because the software just broadcasts the video portion of a website, not the entire website content.
- It may sometimes be necessary to repeat the casting process several times until it is successful with certain videos.
Alternatively, if this does not resolve your issue, please contact us through email before writing a bad review on the App Store.
FEATURES OF THE UPGRADE (available as in-app purchases) * Premium Edition: This edition includes access to all of the features listed above.
* Remote Playbar: While surfing, you may utilize the Playbar to perform advanced video control functions such as video scrubbing, forward, rewind, play, pause, and stop.
For basic video control (play, pause, stop, advance and rewind videos), you may also use the supplied TV Remote.
The TV Remote is presently compatible with televisions manufactured between 2010 and 2013.
Compatible with MP4, M4V, and MOV videos that have been saved to the camera roll via Apple’s SD-Card/USB adapter, iTunes Desktop Software, or other third-party programs.
You may make changes to your settings at any time, including enabling or disabling ad-blocking.
Sync and move them between other TV Cast applications and iOS devices by utilizing backup and restore functionality provided by iCloud.
Important: Please keep in mind that this will NOT allow you to cast videos on websites that only provide Flash videos in desktop mode.
* Change your homepage: You can customize your homepage in the settings. Disclaimer: This application is in no way associated with Samsung or any other brand mentioned on this page.
Ratings and Reviews
3.9 stars out of a possible 517.8K stars
Frustrating, aggravating and annoying
This app has the potential to be extremely aggravating and irritating. Some of the time it works wonderfully, but the majority of the time it simply shuts off during the beginning, middle, and/or conclusion of your show’s viewing, which causes another issue. Even if everything is working perfectly, you must “Cast – Stop – Cast” every time. It has never cast and continues to fail to cast on the first try. You must always cast it after closing the add and selecting “no please try again” before it will cast.
- Then you have to restart the app and look for your program all over again, which is simply too much trouble.
- Not to mention that every time you get it casting again, you have to fast forward to the point when it stopped working.
- I figured it was past due to provide you with an update.
- It wasn’t even necessary to do anything different or make any adjustments.
- I still have to cast the show three times (cast, stop, cast) before it will cast correctly the first time.
- Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.
- Please also make an effort to move your wifi access point (or router) closer to both your reception device and your transmitter device in order to improve the signal quality.
- Important: Please keep in mind that a low battery in your smartphone might potentially result in an inaccurate transmission.
- Four, please have a look at the training videos and FAQs contained inside the app, and read the official setup and troubleshooting guidelines given by the maker of your television or casting device.
Please include details about the sending device (for example, an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.1) and the receiving device (for example, an iPad Pro running iOS 11.1). (example Samsung model xyz). Thank you so much in advance for your consideration. We would much appreciate hearing from you.
Difficult to start but once you get the hang of it
I downloaded the app for the iPhone version, and it was a little tough to figure out how to use it at first, but after I did, it was no issue. The reason why people are so negative is beyond me. Yes, it was challenging to get started, but after I figured it out, it was easy sailing from then on out. I’m simply wondering whether it has anything to do with the attention span of today’s millennials. They want everything completed as soon as possible. Oh, no, I’m sorry, they insisted on it being done right away.
- When it is shown on television, it is at the lower end of the high definition spectrum.
- I’m currently attempting to find out how to play the videos I’ve stored on my phone; certainly, someone could teach me, but it’s preferable if I figure it out on my own.
- We are delighted that you find our software useful.
- Please also make an effort to get your wifi access point (or router) closer to your streaming device and your iOS device in order to strengthen the signal.
- In such instances, please make every effort to reduce the resolution of the media.
- This has the potential to result in inaccurate transmission.
- Please make sure that your phone is connected to your Cast device.
- If this is the case, touch on the green-edged video again.
- We would much appreciate hearing from you.
Needs lots of work
This application does not function as planned. To view Home movies taken on my iPhone and screen share or project them to a Samsung smart TV – something that *should* be as simple as FaceTime – was my intention when I purchased the device. Wrong! As soon as you go to your video and start playing it, the app will disconnect from the television, so there’s no hope for you there. Second option: Navigate to your home video by selecting it from the app’s menu. It informs you that the free version of the program will only allow you to see the past three videos you have taken!
- So I tested one, and the consequence was that there was no sound, and the video did not rotate to match the direction of the Home video, as expected.
- In addition, the app must upload your video to a web service in order to “optimize” it, which means they now have a copy of your material on their servers.
- The term “screen casting” or “screen mirroring” does not apply here.
- In addition, the entire “input IP address” crap is the worst agony in the world.
- It should be as simple as using FaceTime to communicate.
- Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on our app.
- I just wanted to let you know that we made some improvements to the app in the most recent update.
We would also want to assist you with the following issues: (1) “Connection” – Please make certain that you have a reliable internet connection at all times (both your iOS device and the receiver device).
Please make sure that your phone’s energy-saving mode is not engaged before continuing.
(2) “No sound” – Videos may be played without audio if the device does not support the audio format being used in the video.
Try to find the video in a different format if that doesn’t work, and then try again.
Alternatively, you may manually rotate your video before streaming it by editing it in a third-party video editor before uploading it.
We are already hard at work on a TV Mirror for Samsung application.
The option to “optimize local videos” is only available for a limited time on your device and does not preserve the videos.
We do not receive a copy of your material.
(6) “IP address” – We apologize for any trouble this may have caused.
If you are still experiencing difficulties with the app, please do not hesitate to contact us again.
Data Used to Track You
The following information may be used to monitor your movements across many applications and websites controlled by different businesses:
Data Not Linked to You
The following information may be gathered, but it will not be connected to your personal identity:
- Users’ content
- Use data
- And location information
For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may be different. Read on to find out more
For example, depending on the features you use or your age, your privacy practices may differ. Obtaining Additional Information
- Premium Edition $6.99
- Remote Playbar $2.99
- Ad-Blocker $2.99
- Local Videos $2.99
- Desktop Mode $2.99
- Remove Ads (Bronze) $0.99
- Bookmarks $2.99
- Change Homepage $2.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4.99
- Remove Ads (Silver) $1.99
- Remove Ads (Platinum) $4
(Image courtesy of Samsung) It goes without saying that if you’re an iOS user with a Samsung TV, utilizing AirPlay 2 is a no-brainer. There are several instances in which viewing material on the little screen of your iPhone, your iPad, or even your Mac just isn’t fun due to the limited space available. The good news is that you no longer have to deal with tiny displays. Thanks to the incorporation of Apple AirPlay 2, you can now cast TV shows, movies, music, and even your images from one screen to another with ease, without having to switch devices.
Samsung first announced support for AirPlay 2 and the Apple TV app in May of this year, making it the first third-party firm to use key Apple technologies.
You may configure it to broadcast to numerous rooms, ensuring that no one in your home is left out of your superb musical taste.
What is Apple Airplay and Airplay 2?
Apple Airplay enables you to stream your films, music, images, and even what you’re seeing on your internet browser to your Apple TV, smart speaker, or smart TVs via your Apple TV, smart speaker, or smart TV. No matter whatever device you’re using (an iPhone, iPad or Mac), you’ll be able to control AirPlay with a single tap. On iOS, you’ll find the controls on the screen of the app you’re now using, in the control center of your device, and even on the lock screen – allowing you to play, pause, fast forward, and rewind, as well as change the volume on your television.
- AirPlay, formerly known as AirTunes, was introduced in 2004 and was created to allow users to broadcast audio and video signals from a sender device (such as your iPhone) to a receiver device (such as another iPhone) (such as Apple TV or AirPort Express router).
- The majority of us have many smart speakers and gadgets in our homes, and AirPlay 2 allows you to set up a multi-room streaming system for them all to use.
- Using an AirPlay 2 compliant device (which will be shown in your AirPlay control panel if you are using one).
- As a result, you can identify and rename the rooms where your AirPlay 2 devices are located — and then automate the process using Siri.
Following the labeling of a room, such as “Living room,” you can then use Siri to operate the device by simply asking, “Hey Siri, play Take That greatest hits in the living room,” for example.
How is Airplay 2 different to Bluetooth?
When you use Apple Airplay, you can stream your films and music to your Apple TV, smart speaker, or smart TVs, as well as whatever you’re seeing on your internet browser. No matter the device you’re using (an iPhone, iPad or Mac), you will be able to control AirPlay with a single tap. On iOS, you’ll find the controls on the screen of the app you’re now using, in the control center of your device, and even on the lock screen – these will allow you to play, pause, fast forward, and rewind, as well as alter the volume of your television set.
- The AirPlay technology was originally introduced in 2004 under the name of AirTunes, with the goal of allowing people who own an iPhone to transmit music and video data to those who own an iPad or other similar device (such as Apple TV or AirPort Express router).
- Its successor, Apple AirPlay 2, is a game changer.
- In addition to smart TVs from Samsung, LG, and Sony, AirPlay 2 is compatible with smart speakers such as the Google Nest Hub Max and the Amazon Echo, among other devices.
- Apple HomeKit, which is an app embedded into all recent iOS devices, recognizes AirPlay 2.
- Following the labeling of a room, such as “Living room,” you can then use Siri to operate the device by simply asking, “Hey Siri, play Take That greatest hits in the living room,” as an example.
What’s the difference between screen mirroring and screen casting?
Given that AirPlay allows you to reflect your screen to a specified smart TV, you may be asking what the difference is between mirroring and casting in actual practice. Screen mirroring, as the name implies, is a function that allows you to project what is currently displayed on your phone onto a bigger screen. This functionality does not enable you to do any other actions, like as switching to a different app or checking your messages, without those actions also appearing on the screen you are mirroring.
This can include photographs, video, and music.
What Samsung TVs support Airplay?
Thanks to AirPlay 2, which is available on certain Samsung Smart TV models from the years 2018, 2019, and 2020, it’s now easier than ever to stream music and movies from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac straight to your Samsung Smart TV. These are some examples:
- The year 2021 will bring 8K and 4K QLED TVs, 2021 Frame and Serif television, 2021 Crystal UHD television, 2020 will bring 8K and 4K QLED televisions, and the year 2020 will bring 8K and 4K QLED televisions. In 2020, Frameand Serif TV will be released. 2020 Crystal UHD TVs
- 2019 8K and 4K QLED TVs
- 2019 Frame and Serif TV
- 2019 4K UHD TV
- 2018 Frame TV
- 2018 QLED 4K
- 2018 4K UHD TV
- 2020 Crystal UHD TVs
- 2020 Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018 model)
Of course, when newer, more powerful models hit the market, this list will be updated as they become available. If you own one of these televisions, particularly any of the 2018 and 2019 models, it’s worth double-checking that the software has been updated. You may accomplish this through the settings menu, since Samsung issued a new firmware update in 2019 that allows Apple TV to be viewed on a wider range of Samsung smart TVs. And even if your television isn’t listed above, it doesn’t rule out the possibility of using AirPlay 2.
(Image courtesy of Apple)
How to use Airplay on Samsung TV: getting started
As a prerequisite to being able to share your material via AirPlay, you’ll need to make sure that the wi-fi on your Samsung Smart TV is turned on and that it’s linked to the same network as your Apple device. Once that stage is completed, the rest is straightforward. Using an iPhone or an iPad Locate the movie or music that you’d want to display on your screen. The AirPlay icon, which can be found at the bottom of the screen, should be selected. It has the appearance of a television with a little triangle at the bottom.
- After that, just choose your Samsung TV from the list and you’re done!
- If, on the other hand, you see a code displayed, you will be required to enter it before your video or music begins to play on the screen.
- You’ll discover the control center, which will enable you to alter the volume as well as access choices such as play, stop, fast forward, and rewind on your device.
- Using a Macintosh Check to confirm that your Mac and television are both connected to the same network.
- It’s really that simple.
- How to share photographs with othersOne of the extremely interesting features included in the AirPlay 2 function on your Samsung TV is the ability to share your photos directly to your TV from your computer or mobile device.
- This may be accomplished by opening the pictures app on your iPhone or iPad, selecting the photo, video, or slideshow you wish to share, and then tapping the share symbol, which can be found at the bottom of the screen.
After that, pick AirPlay and select the television to which you wish to stream the content. Samsung TVs’ support for Apple AirPlay makes it simple to transmit content from iOS smartphones to the big screen. (Image courtesy of Samsung.)
How to change the AirPlay 2 settings on your Samsung TV
Even though you don’t need to alter your Samsung device’s AirPlay 2 settings all the time, if you do, don’t worry; it’s as simple as casting your favorite program to your television. The Apple AirPlay Settings may be accessed by going to SettingsGeneral and then selecting Apple AirPlay Settings, where you’ll discover a number of different choices. AirPlay: In this section, you’ll be able to toggle the AirPlay functionality on and off. Subtitles and closed captioning are available. It is possible to toggle subtitles on and off in this part, but you will also have the ability to customize the appearance of the captions by changing the font, size, and color of the captions.
Code that is required: In this section, you’ll find instructions on how to add a passcode to your Apple device when it is connected.
You may also delete any associated devices that you have previously set up on your TV by removing them from the TV’s internal memory.
How to cast on Android instead
If you are not a member of the Apple ecosystem, but would still like to stream to your Samsung TV, read on. No issue, you may share material with your Samsung TV by connecting your Android mobile to it. There are several approaches you might use to do this. It’s critical to check that your device and your television are connected to the same Wi-Fi network at each stage — if they aren’t, the process will fail. Install the Samsung SmartThings application. Downloading the Samsung SmartThings app, which will allow you to share everything from video and music to images, games, and other content, with your Samsung smart TV, is the first step.
Your television should appear in the list of available devices – thus, as soon as you see it, click on it.
The screen will now display the contents of your phone or tablet.
To make this work, simply choose Phone and follow the on-screen instructions.
The Samsung SmartThings application (Image credit: Samsung) Make use of streaming services such as Netflix and YouTube.
Once you’ve discovered the material you want to share, all you have to do is press the cast icon (which will look different depending on the app you’re using) and pick the device on which you want it to be displayed.
In case you’re using the Android Marshmallow operating system, you may take advantage of the Quick Connect feature.
Open your video or audio file, then click on the share button and pick the Quick Connect option from the dropdown menu.
Make use of the Samsung Smart View application.
Alternatively, you may go to your app store and download the Samsung Smart View application.
You’ll then be presented with a list of all of the available devices; simply choose your television from the list.
A casting device is a device that casts.
Last but not least, you may invest in a casting device such as an Apple TV, an Amazon Fire TV Stick, a Chromecast, a Roku, or a Samsung AllShare Cast, among others. The obvious advantage of purchasing an external device is that you will have access to a plethora of other applications.