- 1 How to block specific phone numbers or all unknown callers on your Samsung Galaxy phone
- 2 How to copy a phone number from a Samsung Galaxy’s Phone app
- 3 Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
- 4 How to block a phone number on your Android phone
- 5 Some carriers make it simple!
- 6 How to block a phone number with different devices
- 7 Third-party apps for blocking phone calls
- 8 Block & manage calls: Samsung Galaxy S 6
- 9 How to Block a Number on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- 10 How to Block a Number on Galaxy S10, S9, S8, and S7
- 11 How to Block a Number on Galaxy S5
- 12 Consistency Is Evolving
- 13 Reasons for the Differences
- 14 What Else Can You Do?
- 15 How to block a number on Samsung Galaxy smartphones
- 16 How to block a number on Samsung smartphones
- 17 Checking calls and messages from a blocked number
- 18 How to Block a Number in iOS and Android
- 19 Blocking a call on an iPhone
- 20 Blocking a call on Android phones
- 21 Blocking a caller through your carrier
- 22 Adding your number to the National Do Not Call Registry
- 23 Block or unblock a phone number
- 24 Block a number
- 25 Block unknown numbers
- 26 Unblock a number
- 27 How to Block Calls From Unwanted Numbers on a Samsung Cell Phone
- 28 Step 1
- 29 Step 2
- 30 Step 3
- 31 How to unblock a number on Samsung phones: 2 methods
- 32 How to Unblock Phone Numbers Directly Stored on Your Phone
- 32.1 A. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- 32.2 B. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- 32.3 C. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S6
- 32.4 D. How to unblock a number on Samsung DUOS
- 32.5 E. How to unblock a number on Samsung Core Prime
- 32.6 F. How to unblock a number on Samsung J7
- 33 How to Unblock Phone Numbers That You Blocked Using an App
- 34 FAQs
- 35 Wrapping It Up
- 36 Samsung Galaxy S4 User Guide
- 37 Block a Number
How to block specific phone numbers or all unknown callers on your Samsung Galaxy phone
- On your Samsung Galaxy phone, you may block all unknown calls and add individual phone numbers to the list of banned numbers
- You can also stop certain numbers from calling you. Using the Phone app on your Samsung Galaxy, you may block phone numbers by going to the Settings menu and selecting the option for Block numbers. Alternatively, you may copy phone numbers from the Recent Calls list in the Phone app and paste them into the Block numbers list to make inputting numbers more convenient. More articles may be found on the Business Insider homepage.
Your Samsung Galaxy makes it simple to ban phone numbers that belong to telemarketers or other unwanted callers from calling. You have the option of blocking all calls from private numbers as well as particular phone numbers.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1.Open the Phone application. 2.Click on the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then select “Settings.” The Settings option may be found in the menu bar at the top of the Phone app screen. Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article. 3.Press the “Block numbers” button. 4.To ban all unknown callers, press the button next to “Block unknown callers” and slide it to the right. 5.To prevent a certain phone number from being called, put the number in the “Add phone number” box.
You have the option of blocking all unknown callers or adding particular numbers to a list.
6.Press the + sign on the right-hand side of the screen to expand the menu.
How to copy a phone number from a Samsung Galaxy’s Phone app
A phone number from a recent call that you would want to block may be copied to the clipboard and then pasted into the blocked numbers section of the phone settings window in Windows. 1.Open the Phone application. 2.Select the phone number you wish to ban from the Recents menu on the left-hand side. 3.Click on the tiny I to the right of the phone number entry to make a note of it. To copy a recent phone number, open the entry for that number and select Copy to Clipboard from the drop-down menu.
In the top-right corner of the screen, press and hold on the phone number, then tap “Copy” when the pop-up displays.
Dave Johnson of Business Insider has contributed to this article.
Related coverage fromHow To Do Everything: Tech:
Dave Johnson is a musician and songwriter from the United Kingdom. Writer on a freelance basis A technology journalist, Dave Johnson covers consumer technology and how the industry is changing the futuristic realm of science fiction into a reality that is more like ours today. Dave grew up in New Jersey before joining the Air Force, where he worked as a satellite operator, space operations instructor, and space launch planning specialist. After that, he worked for Microsoft for eight years as a content lead on the Windows team.
Besides being the author of more than a dozen books, Dave also contributes to a variety of websites and magazines such as CNET, Forbes, PC World, How To Geek, and the Insider magazine. When you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, Insider Inc. earns a commission.
How to block a phone number on your Android phone
With the advent of Android smartphones, staying in touch with family and friends is now more convenient and faster than ever. Not all phone calls, on the other hand, are appreciated. Spammers, complete strangers, telemarketers, and other unwelcome calls may be quite irritating at times. A simple option for preventing particular calls from reaching you is to simply block their numbers. We’ll show you how to ban a phone number from your Android device in this tutorial.
Some carriers make it simple!
Android Authority / Authorized by Edgar Cervantes Do you want to get rid of those bothersome callers? It is possible to do it from your phone, but what if you swap phones frequently? Perhaps you prefer a more systematic approach to this. In the United States, several carriers, including the four main ones (Vodafone, AT&T, and T-Mobile), allow you to block individual numbers on a service level basis. Terms and restrictions apply; click on the links below to learn more about what each of the major airlines has to offer.
How to block a phone number with different devices
Most Android phones presently feature simple, built-in methods of blocking individual phone numbers. This wasn’t always the case, though, and several OEMs were forced to develop the functionality from scratch. Depending on your gadget, this means you’ll have to put forth a bit more effort to fend off those telemarketing scammers. Needless to say, we are unable to go into depth about the actions that must be taken in order to block calls on every single phone on the market. We can, however, demonstrate how to block calls on the vast majority of popular Android smartphones.
How to block a phone number on stock Android
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. This article will walk you through the process of blocking a phone number on a stock Android device such as thePixel 5. Most phones, it is likely, follow a similar procedure, which is why we opted to start with these gadgets. There are two options for accomplishing this. Let’s have a look at them. Method No. 1:
- Open the Phone application
- Select Recents from the drop-down menu
- Long-press on the number you wish to block
- Spam should be blocked or reported. The option that says “Report call as spam” can be checked or unchecked. SelectBlock
- Open the Phone application
- To access the menu, click on the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner. SelectSettings
- SelectBlocked numbers
- Press the Add a number button. Type in the number and press the Button
- Another effective solution is to utilize theUnknownsetting, which is located just above, which prevents any unidentified calls from reaching you.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were produced on aPixel 4aand Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. Furthermore, see:These are the greatest Google items that money can buy
How to block numbers on Samsung phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Samsung maintains its position as the industry’s leading smartphone manufacturer, accounting for more than 18 percent of the smartphone market share. There’s a strong possibility that this is the part that you’re looking for. You may block a phone number using either the Contacts app or the Phone app on your device. Here are the easy actions you’ll need to take: Contacts are blocked by the following:
- Open the Contacts application
- Locate the person you want to block on your phone. To access the Moremenu, locate it at the bottom right corner of the screen. To block a contact, press theBlockcontactbutton once, then tap it again to confirm.
In the Phone app, you may disable the following features:
- Open the Phone application
- To access the 3-dot menu, press the button with three dots. SelectSettings
- Locate and touch theBlock numberssection at this point. Add a phone number by selectingAdd phone number
- As soon as you’ve typed in the phone number, click on the +button to add it to your contacts list. You may also turn on the option to Block unknown/private numbers to get rid of any incoming calls from unknown numbers.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus that was running Android 11.
Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. Also see: The greatest Samsung smartphones available right now
How to block calls on LG phones
The next step is to demonstrate how to block a phone number if you own an LG phone. Despite the fact that there will be no new phones on the market, it is crucial to understand how to utilize the phone you now have. Even if the procedure is comparable to those of the other phone brands on our list, there are a few minor distinctions to note. Remove a call from your call history:
- Open your phone’s application and choose theCall history tab
- Place your finger close to the iicon of the phone number you wish to ban
- SelectBlock number by pressing the 3-dotMorebutton in the upper right corner of the screen.
Block the following numbers from your dialer:
- Navigate to the dialer screen on your phone’s application. To access the 3-dotMenubutton, press it three times. Navigate to theCall settings
- Select theCall blockingDecline with a message option from the drop-down menu. Enter the Blocked numbers section. Press the +button
- Select whether you wish to remove a phone number from your Contacts, Recent Calls, or New number lists. Choose or input the number and follow the on-screen instructions
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on an LG V60 ThinQ running Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above.
How to block phone numbers on OnePlus phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Many individuals consider OnePlus to be yet another excellent option. It is based on the lightweight OxygenOS operating system, which is quite close to stock Android in appearance. Blocking the following from the Phone app:
- Open the Phone application
- Navigate to theSettings
- TapBlocked numerals
- Then hitAdd a number
- And so forth. Enter the number and press the Button
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a OnePlus 9 Pro that was running Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. More:These are the greatest low-cost smartphones currently available.
How to block calls on Huawei phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Huawei may not be a household brand in the United States as a result of the company’s boycott, but it is still a key player. It is performing exceptionally well in a number of Asian areas, as well as in Europe. Call blocking on Huawei and Honor phones is quick and simple, requiring only a few clicks to do. The quickest and most straightforward technique is:
- Activate thePhoneapp by tapping theibutton next to a contact or phone number. Select the 3-dotMorebutton
- Press theBlock contact button
- And then press Enter.
Spam calls should be filtered and blocked:
- Open the Phone application
- Select theMorebutton (shown by three dots)
- Enter theBlockedtab into the text box. Select theSettingsicon from the toolbar. Toggle different switches to block and filter different calls by pressing theCall block rulesbutton on your keyboard.
Calls from certain numbers can be blocked:
- Open the Phone application
- Enter theBlockedtab by pressing theMorebutton. Select theSettingsicon from the toolbar. Enter theBlocklistmenu at this point. To add phone numbers that you want to ban, click on thePlusicon. In addition, you may access your contacts menu and block certain contacts by selecting theMoremenu.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a Huawei Mate 40 Pro running Android 10. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above.
Third-party apps for blocking phone calls
The following approach can be used if your Android phone does not come with a built-in call-blocking function, or if your phone does but you find it inadequate. Fortunately, you may pick from among the several third-party call-blocking applications available on the Google Play Store. Mr. Number, Call Blocker, and Calls Blacklist are three applications worth mentioning. Next: Take a look at these security applications as well!
Mr. Number is a free and ad-free Android software that allows you to prevent unsolicited calls and messages on your mobile phone. Mr. Number is available for both Android and iOS devices. With this software, you can safeguard your phone against spam calls by allowing you to block calls from individuals or corporations. You have the ability to restrict calls from certain numbers, an area code, or even an entire nation. You may also block private and unknown numbers by sending them directly to voicemail, and you can report spam calls to alert other individuals who are using the app about them.
A lot like Mr. Number and other call blocking applications, Call Blocker operates in a similar manner to them. Calls from unknown numbers are prevented from reaching you, and the program has a Call Reminder function that assists you in identifying unknown numbers.
There is also a Whitelist feature, which allows you to save phone numbers that can always be reached. To save it to your device, click on the download icon below.
On our list of free but ad-supported apps is the simple Calls Blacklist, which allows you to keep track of the contacts you don’t want to receive phone calls from your phone. A premium edition, which is ad-free, is also available for roughly $2. To use Calls Blacklist to block calls, first start the app and then add a contact number to the Blacklist page in the settings. You may manually enter numbers into your Contacts, call logs, and messages logs, or you can import numbers from other sources.
Block & manage calls: Samsung Galaxy S 6
Using the Samsung Galaxy S 6, you may learn how to block calls, change or cancel call forwarding settings, and control Caller ID and the call history.
- Phone may be accessed from the Home screen by selecting it and pressing More > Settings > Call Rejection > Automatic Reject List > Enter the desired number
- Phone may be accessed from the Home screen by selecting it and then selecting More > Settings > Call blocking > Blocked numbers > Add desired number.
- Start by selectingPhone from the Home screen. Then selectMORE and then Settings. SelectCall rejection
- SelectAuto reject list
- And then select the minus sign next to the number.
- Phone may be accessed from the Home screen by selecting Phone > More > Settings > Call blocking > Block list > the minus sign next to the number.
Call forwarding unconditional
All calls are sent to another phone number instantly when Call Forwarding Unconditional (CFU) is enabled. The device does not ring throughout the call forwarding process.
- Phone may be accessed from the Home screen by selecting Phone from the More menu, followed by Settings from the More menu, then More settings from the More menu, followed by Call forwarding from the Always forward menu. Enter the phone number to which calls should be forwarded. Turn on with a tap.
Call forwarding conditional
The Call Forwarding Conditional (CFC) feature sends incoming calls to another phone number if you do not answer them or are unable to do so (no reply, busy, unavailable).
- Select Phone from the Home screen
- TapMore settings
- SelectCall forwarding
- Select preferred forwarding option:
- Forward while you’re busy
- Forward when your call goes unanswered
- Forward when you’re unreachable.
Cancel call forwarding
- Select Phone from the Home screen
- Then select More
- More settings
- Call forwarding
- Always forwarding
- Turn off
- And then select Phone again from the Home screen.
Caller ID settings
- Select Phone from the Home screen
- Then select More
- More settings
- Call forwarding
- Always forwarding
- Turn off
- And then select Phone again from the Home screen to return.
Reset call log
- From the Home screen, selectPhone
- Choose theSelect log itemscheck box
- And then tapDelete.
View call log
- From the Home screen, selectPhone
- Then Logs
- And finally Settings. Look at the list of incoming calls
- To examine the details of a call, tap on it.
How to Block a Number on Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Galaxy S7-S10: Select PhoneRecents from the drop-down menu. Choose a phone number from the drop-down menu. ChooseDetailsBlock. If the menu is not displayed, selectMenuBlock
- Then, from the Phone app, go to MenuSettingsBlock numbers or Block list, depending on your preference. Enter the number and press the Save button
Call blocking features are available on Android devices in a range of configurations. Samsung has developed its own set of solutions for Galaxy phones. These options include the ability to swiftly enter telephone number into a “Auto reject” or “Block” list, albeit the specifics vary depending on the Galaxy phone you’re using. Learn how to block numbers on your Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, S8, S7, S6, and S5 devices by watching the video below.
How to Block a Number on Galaxy S10, S9, S8, and S7
Instead of first going to the Block list and then to the Phone menu, you may block calls directly from the Phone menu. Instructions for using this software are valid for Android OS versions 11 and above.
- Open the Phone application and select Recents
- Press and hold your finger on the phone number you wish to block until a menu appears
- Then select Block from the menu. Then tapBlockagain to confirm your selection. On some Galaxy phones, you may choose whether to reject a caller’s number on a consistent basis or only once. Several newer models also prohibit a banned number from reaching you via text message in addition to phone calls
- See below. If you prefer, you may go to MenuSettingsBlock numbers or Block list from the Phoneapp
- Then tapAdd a number and input the phone number you wish to block. If you want to unblock a caller, hit the Remove or Minus (-) buttons next to the number
- Then selectBlock. Toggling theUnknownswitch will block and unblock all unknown callers at the same time.
How to Block a Number on Galaxy S5
The AT T version of the Galaxy S5 requires the removal of a phone number from the Auto reject list in order to block a call from a certain number. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Phone app, go toMenuSettingsCallCall rejectionAuto reject list
- Choose the desired phone number by checking the box next to it
- And tap Done. TapDeleteagain
Consistency Is Evolving
As a whole, call blocking features on Galaxy phones have progressed over time to become more attractive, more flexible, and more compatible with call blocking features on other Galaxy and non-Galaxy models. This hasn’t happened yet, though, because these functions aren’t uniformly available across all Galaxy phone models, regardless of carrier. There are several features that are available on some Galaxy phones, but not all of them. There may also be differences in the terminology used and the symbols that display in menus when using different browsers.
The term “anonymous callers” or “Contacts without numbers” might be used to refer to unknown callers instead.
Reasons for the Differences
The call blocking capabilities of your phone are partially determined by the version of Android that is installed on your phone. Samsung transitioned from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 8.0 Oreo in a single generation, from the Galaxy S5 to the Galaxy S9. Wireless carriers adopted these versions at their own speed between the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S9. T-Mobile, for example, specifies two separate procedures for banning phone numbers in their web instructions for the Galaxy S6; one approach is intended for a Galaxy S6 running Android 5.0 Lollipop, while the other is intended for a Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
A second complication is the way in which cellular service providers distinguish their phones based on the feature sets they supply. Despite the fact that they are the same phone, a Galaxy S9 sold by T-Mobile may differ from a Galaxy S9 sold by Verizon or AT T.
What Else Can You Do?
If none of these techniques or their variants work for you, go online for product manuals from various carriers for their versions of the Galaxy series. Alternatively, you may inquire with your service provider about the intricacies of blocking phone numbers on your specific Galaxy phone type. In addition, there are several third-party call blocking applications available. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to block a number on Samsung Galaxy smartphones
Because Samsung is the world’s largest smartphone provider, its devices are used by hundreds of millions of people all over the world. Many of them would have had the desire to learn how to block a phone number on their Samsung cellphones at some time in their careers or personal life. If we’re being honest, hardly one actually calls anyone these days, unless it’s an extreme emergency. Spam and robocalls have grown to be a far more serious concern than they were previously. Approximately 47.8 billion robocalls were made in the United States alone last year, according to estimates.
Users will benefit from this since they will no longer be need to rely on third-party apps or to subscribe to paid number blocking services offered by cell carriers, making their lives more simpler.
It makes no difference whether carrier you’re using or which variation you’re using.
So, whether you merely want to prevent robocalls or you don’t want to deal with an ex, here’s how to block a phone number on a Samsung smartphone.
How to block a number on Samsung smartphones
Please keep in mind that the blocking features have developed over the course of various operating system upgrades. They all function the same manner, although certain words have been modified, as well as some of the choices’ placements on the menu. This tutorial will mostly cover the procedures for disabling phone numbers on a Samsung smartphone that is running the One UI interface. Because the functionalities are now accessible through the Phone app on latest Samsung devices, it is really much easier to use them.
- Select Settings, then Blocked numbers from the drop-down menu.
- By selecting the option to Block unknown callers, your Galaxy phone will automatically block any unknown calls in the future.
- In your Contacts app, when you’re going through your contacts, you may also ban folks directly from that screen.
- To block a contact, choose onBlock contact and press the confirm button.
- Another option is to ban a phone number straight from the Recents tab, which is much faster.
- ABlockbutton may be found in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Note: It’s important to remember that, while calls and messages from banned numbers will not be received, the function will not prevent a blocked number from leaving voicemail.
If you don’t want a blocked individual to even leave a voicemail, you’ll need to get the number banned at the carrier level.
Checking calls and messages from a blocked number
In this article, we’ll show you how to block a contact on a Samsung smartphone. If you want to know how many times they’ve phoned you or what message they sent you without unblocking them, you may do so by going to your contacts list and searching for their name. Samsung makes it rather simple to accomplish this as well. The Phone app logs incoming calls from prohibited numbers with an indicator that indicates that the call was blocked, making it easy to identify the source of the call. You may check the call history to see whether it was actually refused automatically.
- From there, select Settings from the overflow menu.
- All incoming messages that have been automatically banned are listed in this section.
- The same functionality is also available on previous devices such as the Galaxy S5, which is a good example.
- To block something from the auto reject list, select it and punch in the appropriate number.
How to Block a Number in iOS and Android
It’s convenient to have a phone in your pocket or purse: It is far more convenient than having to find a payphone or hurry downstairs to answer that phone call. The problem is that your friends and relatives aren’t the only ones that phone you. Telemarketers, politicians, and fraudsters eager to steal your identity already have your phone number saved in their phone’s contacts. The sheer volume of spam calls that we get on a daily basis may be really frustrating. The good news is that you have tools for blocking those pesky calls, both on the carrier’s end and on your end of the phone.
Blocking a call on an iPhone
As long as you’re using iOS 7 or later, Apple makes blocking calls on your iPhone a basic task. Here’s how it’s done:
Block a spam call
Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Tap theRecentstab button at the bottom of the screen. Step 3:Click on the blueInfobutton that appears next to the phone number you wish to block. Step 4: Press the Button to Block This Caller.
Block a contact
Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Tap on the Contactstab at the bottom of the screen. Step 3: Tap on the name of the contact you wish to block. Step 4: Press the Button to Block This Caller. You may need to follow a different set of instructions if you’re running an earlier version of iOS. If you want more in-depth information, check out how to block calls on an iPhone.
Blocking a call on Android phones
In order to block unsolicited calls, both iOS and Android provide simple alternatives.
However, because each Android smartphone maker has the flexibility to design their own interface, the procedures will vary from one device to the next. We’ll start with the most recent version of Android 11.
Blocking a call on stock Android 11
Use one of three alternative methods to restrict calls if you’re using an Android phone that runs stock Android or is a member of theAndroid One program. Identify and block a spam call Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Tap theRecentstab button at the bottom of the screen. 3. Long-press the phone number you wish to ban and select Block/Report Spam from the pop-up menu that appears. Step 4: Check or uncheck the box next toReport Call as Spamand, then tapBlock to complete the process.
- Step 2: Tap on the Contactstab at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: Click on the three-dotMoreicon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Change the prohibited numbers by adding or removing them.
- Step 2: Click on the three-dotMoreicon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: Tap the Blocked Numbers button.
- Make use of the Messages application.
- Step 2: Hold down the long-press button on the messenger you wish to ban.
Blocking a call on a Samsung smartphone
The majority of the time, blocking calls on a Samsung phone is the same as it is on phones running vanilla Android software. Here are three methods for blocking a phone number: Identify and block a spam call Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Tap theRecentstab button at the bottom of the screen. Step 3: Select the phone number that you wish to ban. Step 4: Select the Informationicon from the enlarged menu. Step 5: Click on theBlockicon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap on the Contactstab at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 4: Select the Informationicon from the enlarged menu.
- Sixth step: SelectBlock Contactfrom the drop-down menu, as seen in the screenshot above.
- Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application.
- You are not required to select a specific tab.
- Step 4: SelectBlocked Numbersfrom the drop-down menu.
Note: By pressing on theRecentsorContactsbutton, you may also block certain phone numbers. By selecting the option to Block Unknown Callers from this menu, you may also prevent calls from unknown numbers from reaching you.
Blocking a call on an LG smartphone
Christian de Looper is a contributor at Digital Trends. When compared to other smartphone makers, LG makes it quite simple to block phone numbers. Make use of the Call Logs tab in the Phone application. Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Press the Logstab button. Step 3: Tap the Infoicon that appears next to the person or phone number that you wish to ban. Step 4: Press the Button. Make use of the Dial tab in the Phone application. Step 1: Click on the Dialtab.
Step 3: Configure your TapCall.
Step 5: Tap the Blocked Numbers button.
Step 7: Choose one of the following three options:
- Blocking Contacts —Tap on the name of the person you wish to block, then tapDone. Hit on the number you wish to block and then tap Done in the Call Logs section. Hit Block after entering the phone number. New Number — Enter the phone number and then tap Block.
Blocking a call on an HTC smartphone
Simon Hill is a contributor at Digital Trends. The experience on HTC phones is not significantly different from the one you’ll get on a phone that runs vanilla Android software. Make use of the call history feature in the Phone app. Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Select theCall Historytab from the menu bar. The next step is to long-press on the contact or phone number you wish to block. Step 4: SelectBlock ContactorBlock Caller from the drop-down menu. Please keep in mind that when the Call Historytab is open, you may see a list of banned contacts by touching the three-dot icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
Make use of the Messages application.
Step 2: Hold down the long-press button on the contact or phone number you wish to block.
Blocking a call on a Huawei smartphone
Andy Boxall of DigitalTrends contributed to this article. Huawei provides two options for blocking calls. Here’s how it’s done: Identify and block a spam call Step 1: Press the Home button to launch the Phone application. Step 2: Click on the three-dotMoreicon in the upper-right corner of the screen. Step 3: Press the Blocked button. Step 4: Select the cog (Settings) icon from the toolbar. Step 5: Select Blocklist from the drop-down menu. Step 6:Click on the “+”” icon and type in the phone number you wish to restrict access.
Step 2: Tap on the Contactstab at the bottom of the screen.
Step 4: Click on the three-dotMoreicon to continue.
Blocking a call using third-party apps
Do not be discouraged if none of these approaches work for you; there are still additional alternatives accessible. Visit our guide on how to block a number in Android to learn about third-party apps that can assist you in dealing with obnoxious phone calls.
Blocking a caller through your carrier
Verizon now offersCall Filter, a service that detects and blocks mystery callers. The free version is available to postpaid and prepaid customers and is compatible with most phones. It will screen all incoming calls, send suspicious callers directly to voicemail, and report numbers. The Call Filter Plus version costs $3 per month per line or $8 per month for accounts with three or more lines. This subscription adds a Caller ID, a Spam Risk meter, a spam look-up feature, and means to create a custom block list.
It automatically blocks high-risk spam calls and displays a notification for all other lower-level spam. Blocked calls will not reach your phone or go to voicemail. Verizon also provides generalSpam Alertsin your phone’s Caller ID so you can ignore the call when it flashes on your screen.
The free Call Protect service included with every AT T plan includes spam and fraud call blocking, as well as the ability to create a personal block list and receive alerts when “nuisance” callers such as telemarketers, survey respondents, political candidates, and others attempt to connect with you over the phone. The Call Protect Plus service is available for a monthly fee of $4 per line. It includes Caller ID, reverse number search, and the ability to create custom call controls. Both services may be accessed through the Call Protect app, which is available on both Google Play and the Apple App Store for free download.
Sprint, in contrast to other carriers, makes it quite simple to block phone numbers using your account’s web site. Account owners are the only ones who have the ability to make changes, and those changes will apply to all phones linked with that account. There is currently no way to restrict access to certain numbers for Wi-Fi Calling users. Please go to Sprint’s guidelines for finding out how to limit or allow voice calls.
This carrier provides Scam Shield, which includes a Scam Block service, as part of its overall offering. Included in the free version are a second phone number that keeps your primary number hidden, scammer ID and call blocking capabilities, better Caller ID capabilities, the ability to change your number, and a Scam Block component. Scam Shield Premium costs $4 per month per line, although it’s included for free for Magenta Plus subscribers who subscribe to the service. Users may build “always block” lists, get voicemail-to-text messages, and send categories of calls directly to voicemail with this premium edition.
Adding your number to the National Do Not Call Registry
The Federal Trade Commission is responsible for providing and maintaining the National Do Not Call Registry (FTC). Those who are berated by a flood of unsolicited calls, many of which come from unknown numbers, were the target audience for this application. You may also sign up for the program with only a few clicks of your mouse button. To begin the process of adding your phone number to the Do Not Call Registry, go to DoNotCall.gov. You may put up to three phone numbers for the register under your account; all you need is a working email address to validate your personal information is entered correctly.
The spam or telemarketing calls will continue for a short period of time.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) may take up to one month to complete your request.
- The greatest Motorola Razr (2020) cases and covers are available here. The Realme 9i’s specifications have been leaked by a tipster
- Telegram is planning to incorporate animated emoji replies into its platform. The finest covers for the Huawei P40 Pro Plus
- The finest Fitbit alternatives for workouts that are inexpensive
Block or unblock a phone number
If you don’t want to receive calls from a specific phone number, you can block it from receiving calls.
As soon as the number attempts to contact you, your phone immediately refuses the call. Important: Some of these instructions are only applicable to Android versions 6.0 and higher. Learn how to determine what version of Android you are running.
Block a number
- Open the Phone application
- MoreCall history may be found by using the More button. Pick up the phone and make a call from the number you wish to block
- TapBlock / Report Spam to the appropriate authorities.
If visual voicemail is enabled, blocked callers will not be able to leave voicemails. Learn how to enable visible voicemail on your phone.
Block unknown numbers
- Activate your Phone app, choose More, then SettingsBlocked numbers. Unknown should be enabled.
Calls from private or unidentified numbers will be blocked as a result of this setting. You will continue to receive calls from phone numbers that are not saved in your contacts list despite this setting.
Unblock a number
- Open the Phone application
- More options are available by selecting SettingsBlocked numbers. ClearUnblock may be found next to the phone number you wish to unblock.
Tip: Any calls you receive from the banned number will not appear in your call history because they were received when the number was blocked.
How to Block Calls From Unwanted Numbers on a Samsung Cell Phone
Photographs courtesy of IPhotos.com/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images There are a variety of security and privacy features available on Samsung mobile phones to guarantee that you are not harassed by obnoxious calls. Without these protections, anybody who knows your phone number may dial it and cause your phone to ring if the gadget is turned on and connected to a network connection. In order to receive calls from the numbers that matter while refusing calls from the numbers that disturb you, you need add undesirable callers to a separate block list.
From the standby screen of your Samsung cell phone, choose “Settings” by pressing the “Menu” button three times.
Select “Calls” from the drop-down menu and then either “General” or “All Calls,” depending on your Samsung model, from the list of alternatives. Select “Auto Reject” to see the many blocking options available.
Select “Reject list” from the drop-down menu and hit the “Options” button. Using the “Create” or “Add Number” buttons, enter the undesirable phone number to ensure that future calls from that number will not bother you in the future. If you want to add more numbers, simply repeat the previous procedure.
How to unblock a number on Samsung phones: 2 methods
This is something I think we can all agree on. Some folks may be downright unpleasant at times. The folks that regularly spam our inboxes with garbage or contact us incessantly email order to attract our attention are known as “spammers.” For example, they may be suppliers who are continuously following up with customers, telemarketers, fraudsters, or even an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend who is having trouble getting over a break-up. Yikes! It can reach to the point where we become irritated with them and decide to remove them from our phone list.
However, there may come a point when you want to unblock them and get back in touch with them.
How do you unblock someone once you’ve previously blocked them on your list of blocked people?
We’ve already demonstrated how to unblock a phone number on an Android device.
How to Unblock Phone Numbers Directly Stored on Your Phone
If you manually banned the person’s phone number, it should appear on your phone’s Blocked List if you did so. You may manually unblock them by navigating to that list and deleting them from it.
A. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Samsung S9 (Samsung Galaxy S9)
- The Phone icon may be found on the Home Screen by selecting it. TapMenu (which is represented by the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of your screen)
- SelectBlock Numbers from the drop-down menu. You will be able to see all of the blocked numbers displayed on your computer screen. By touching the minus (-) sign next to the number you desire to unblock, you may choose it and unblock it.
- The Contacts icon may be found on the Home Screen by selecting it. Locate the name of the contact you wish to unblock and write it down. Toggle the little I button to the right. Toggle the three vertical dots to the right. Unblock is the option to choose.
The following options are available if the contact phoned you and the number is still on your recent call list:
- Select the Phone icon from the Home Screen
- Find and select the desired contact
- Press the button once. Select unblock by pressing the little I button, followed by the three vertical dots.
B. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8 There are similarities between S9 and this version; nevertheless, the interface is not the same.
- From the Home Screen, select the Phone icon
- Press the three vertical dots
- Select Settings
- Select Blocked Numbers
- Locate the contact you wish to unblock and tap the minus (-) symbol below it
- And then hit Done to complete the process.
C. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S6
Samsung S7 and Samsung S6 are two of the most popular smartphones on the market.
- Select Contacts from the Phone icon on the Home Screen by tapping it. More may be found in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Call Blocking (for S7) or Call Rejection (for S6) from the Settings menu. SelectBlock List (for S7) orCall Rejection (for S6) from the drop-down menu. Auto Reject is available to S6 users. Then locate the person who you want to unblock and hit the minus (-) icon next to their profile picture.
D. How to unblock a number on Samsung DUOS
Samsung Duos is a pair of smartphones from Samsung.
- The Phone icon may be seen on the Home Screen. SelectMenu Settings Call Call Rejection Auto Reject
- SelectMenu Settings Call Call Rejection Auto Reject
- Choose a person’s phone number from the list
- Select Auto Reject from the drop-down menu.
E. How to unblock a number on Samsung Core Prime
Samsung Core Prime processor
- Using the Contacts app from the Home screen, select Menu Settings, Call Call Rejection, Auto Rejection, then Menu, then Delete. Locate the contact you desire to unblock and pick Delete from the drop-down menu
F. How to unblock a number on Samsung J7
- From the Home Screen, select the Phone Icon to call someone. Navigate to the Menu Settings page. SelectBlocked Numbers from the drop-down menu. To unblock a contact, locate the person you want to unblock and click on the minus (-) symbol next to their name.
In most cases, you can access your banned list by clicking on either the Phone symbol or the Contacts icon. You’ll only have to be patient when trying to locate it, depending on the type of your Samsung phone.
How to Unblock Phone Numbers That You Blocked Using an App
In the event that you have barred a contact from an app, you can unblock them directly from the app. If, for example, you have blocked someone from Whatsapp, you may discover their name on your Blocked list by searching for:
- Open the Whatsapp application. Navigate to Account Privacy Blocked under the Settings menu. Select the person that you wish to unblock from your contact list
- Unblock Contact is located at the bottom of the page.
Typically, the Block list may be found in the Settings Privacy Settings of the Android application in question. This article will present you with numerous applications that you can download from the Google Play store to assist you regulate who can and cannot contact you in order to learn more about how to unblock a contact from an application that you have previously used.
Yes, of course it is possible! You have the ability to block any number at any moment.
Will blocking a number inform them that I blocked them?
Relax! The banned number will not be informed that they have been blocked by your device. You will simply cease getting phone calls and text messages from them.
Is there a limit on how many numbers I can block on my phone?
The amount of time that may be blocked varies from phone to phone. It is possible that certain devices enable you to block an unlimited amount of numbers, while other devices may have their own constraints.
Wrapping It Up
Nothing and no one will hold your decision to prevent a specific individual from contacting you against your will, for whatever reason you choose. Individuals may choose to prevent business calls when they leave the workplace, but they may wish to re-engage with business when they return the following morning. Knowing how to both ban and unblock your phone may be really beneficial! Have you attempted the procedures outlined above? Do you have any suggestions for additional steps? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
He is enthusiastic in writing and technology, and he has a particular interest in Android problem-solving.
Samsung Galaxy S4 User Guide
Instructions on how to block a phone number on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (page 6 of 18)
Block a Number
Are you fed up with receiving unsolicited phone calls from obnoxious telemarketers or your obstinate ex? When it comes to preventing someone from contacting you on your Samsung Galaxy S4, you have a plethora of alternatives at your disposal. You may block any number you want, from unknown numbers to those that begin with specified area codes. You can even block entire groups of numbers if you want. Here’s how to do it. Cheryl Low, a writer and poet
- Select Call settings from the drop-down menu. Swipe down from the main page and hit the gear icon at the top right of the screen to access My Device and Call options
- Hit the arrow next to Auto Reject Mode once you’ve clicked on Call Rejection
- Choose “Auto reject numbers” from the drop-down menu that appears. In order to reject all calls at the present, you may choose All Numbers from the drop-down menu. Return to Call Rejection and navigate to the Auto RejectList. To begin, press the Create button. By selecting the symbol shaped like a person at the end of the field, you may input a phone number or choose a contact or call log from your phone’s contacts list or call log. When you’re finished, click Save at the upper right of the screen.
To block further numbers, just repeat steps 4 through 6. If you choose, you may also refuse numbers from whole cities if that is what you prefer. Simply input the area code for that region in Step 5, and then choose Starts With under the Match Criteria option below the number field, which will complete the process. For numbers in the United States, this function works regardless of whether or not you include a “+1′′ before the area code. If you have a contacts page or call log, you may also add numbers to your reject list from there.
The number of numbers that can be blocked is limited to 100, and those that were designated as “Starts With” count as one number.
The call will not be shown on your phone, but if you check your call logs, you will see that blocked calls have been recorded, indicating that your S4 is hard at work keeping irritants at bay. The number is followed by a blocked sign to indicate that it has been denied.