- 1 How to block a number on any Android phone to stop receiving unwanted calls
- 2 How to block a number on Samsung phones
- 3 How to block a number on other Android devices
- 4 How to block a number using your cellularcarrier
- 5 Related coverage fromTechReference:
- 6 How to Block a Number on Galaxy S10, S9, S8, and S7
- 7 How to Block a Number on Galaxy S5
- 8 Consistency Is Evolving
- 9 Reasons for the Differences
- 10 What Else Can You Do?
- 11 How to block a phone number on your Android phone
- 12 Some carriers make it simple!
- 13 How to block a phone number with different devices
- 14 Third-party apps for blocking phone calls
- 15 How to block a number on Samsung Galaxy smartphones
- 16 How to block a number on Samsung smartphones
- 17 Checking calls and messages from a blocked number
- 18 How to unblock a number on Samsung phones: 2 methods
- 19 How to Unblock Phone Numbers Directly Stored on Your Phone
- 19.1 A. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
- 19.2 B. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
- 19.3 C. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S6
- 19.4 D. How to unblock a number on Samsung DUOS
- 19.5 E. How to unblock a number on Samsung Core Prime
- 19.6 F. How to unblock a number on Samsung J7
- 20 How to Unblock Phone Numbers That You Blocked Using an App
- 21 FAQs
- 22 Wrapping It Up
- 23 Samsung Galaxy S4 User Guide
- 24 Block a Number
- 25 How to block numbers / calls on Samsung Galaxy A5
- 26 Block a number on your Samsung Galaxy A5 with Android 4.4 KitKat via the built-in call log:
- 27 From your setting menu of your Samsung Galaxy A5
- 28 Block out a number with your Samsung Galaxy A5 thanks to your mobile phone carrier
- 29 Block a number on your Samsung Galaxy A5 with Third-party apps meant for blocking phone calls
- 30 Block or unblock a phone number
- 31 Block a number
- 32 Block unknown numbers
- 33 Unblock a number
How to block a number on any Android phone to stop receiving unwanted calls
- You can easily ban a phone number on an Android phone with a few simple touches. Calls that are blocked are sent to your phone’s voicemail. Depending on your device and Android version, the procedures to block a call will differ. In most circumstances, blocking a call may be accomplished by pressing a number in your recent calls and looking for the “Block Call” instruction
- The option to block calls for you may also be provided by your mobile service provider
- However, this feature may be a costly subscription service (depending on the carrier). More stories may be found in the TechReference collection of Business Insider.
You no longer have to put up with the aggravation of receiving unsolicited phone calls on a daily basis. If you receive calls from the same telemarketer or from another unpleasant caller on a regular basis, you may simply block that caller. When you do this, any new calls received from that phone number will be sent to voicemail.
Check out the products mentioned in thisarticle:
The actual technique for blocking calls may differ somewhat from one Androidsmartphone to another, but the majority of phones enable you to block a number directly from the Phone app with a single tap or two on the screen. The overall method is as follows: 1.Open the Phone app and go to the Recent Calls section. 2.Press and hold the phone number you wish to block. A few alternatives should show below or at the bottom of your screen if you do not have a number displayed. 3.Press the “More” or “Info” buttons, which are denoted by three vertical dots.
Dave Johnson of Business Insider provided the information.
How to block a number on Samsung phones
The fact thatSamsungphones are so widely available means that the item in your hand is likely to be aGalaxyphone. The following is an example of how this overall procedure appears on your phone: Begin by opening the Phone application and then selecting “Recents” at the bottom of the screen. Identify the phone number you wish to block and then press I in the enlarged choices that appear below it to activate them. Photo: Choose the phone number you wish to block and press the I button. Dave Johnson of Business Insider provided the information.
Dave Johnson of Business Insider provided the information.
How to block a number on other Android devices
A Galaxy phone is more likely than not the gadget in your hand becauseSamsungphones are so widely available. Using your phone, the following is an example of how this overall procedure looks: Begin by opening the Phone application and then selecting “Recents” at the bottom of the display. Identify the phone number you wish to block and then press I in the enlarged choices that appear below it to activate it. Using the I symbol, choose the phone number you wish to block and touch it. Data courtesy of Business Insider and Dave Johnson To block someone, touch “Block” towards the bottom of the screen.
How to block a number using your cellularcarrier
There is one more option accessible to you: your service provider may provide tools to assist you in blocking calls. The advantage of utilizing your carrier is that a banned number will stay blocked even if your smartphone is replaced or upgraded.
Unfortunately, in certain circumstances, this is an optional subscription service that may incur an additional fee, which is a disadvantage. If you wish to look into blocking callers at the carrier level, here are links to the call blocking programs of the main carriers to start with:
Related coverage fromTechReference:
- Galaxy S7-S10: Select PhoneRecents from the drop-down menu. Choose a phone number from the drop-down menu. ChooseDetailsBlock. If the menu is not displayed, selectMenuBlock
- Then, from the Phone app, go to MenuSettingsBlock numbers or Block list, depending on your preference. Enter the number and press the Save button
Call blocking features are available on Android devices in a range of configurations. Samsung has developed its own set of solutions for Galaxy phones. These options include the ability to swiftly enter telephone number into a “Auto reject” or “Block” list, albeit the specifics vary depending on the Galaxy phone you’re using. Learn how to block numbers on your Samsung Galaxy S10, S9, S8, S7, S6, and S5 devices by watching the video below.
How to Block a Number on Galaxy S10, S9, S8, and S7
Instead of first going to the Block list and then to the Phone menu, you may block calls directly from the Phone menu. Instructions for using this software are valid for Android OS versions 11 and above.
- Open the Phone application and select Recents
- Press and hold your finger on the phone number you wish to block until a menu appears
- Then select Block from the menu. Then tapBlockagain to confirm your selection. On some Galaxy phones, you may choose whether to reject a caller’s number on a consistent basis or only once. Several newer models also prohibit a banned number from reaching you via text message in addition to phone calls
- See below. If you prefer, you may go to MenuSettingsBlock numbers or Block list from the Phoneapp
- Then tapAdd a number and input the phone number you wish to block. If you want to unblock a caller, hit the Remove or Minus (-) buttons next to the number
- Then selectBlock. Toggling theUnknownswitch will block and unblock all unknown callers at the same time.
How to Block a Number on Galaxy S5
The AT T version of the Galaxy S5 requires the removal of a phone number from the Auto reject list in order to block a call from a certain number. Here’s how it’s done:
- From the Phone app, go toMenuSettingsCallCall rejectionAuto reject list
- Choose the desired phone number by checking the box next to it
- And tap Done. TapDeleteagain
Consistency Is Evolving
As a whole, call blocking features on Galaxy phones have progressed over time to become more attractive, more flexible, and more compatible with call blocking features on other Galaxy and non-Galaxy models. This hasn’t happened yet, though, because these functions aren’t uniformly available across all Galaxy phone models, regardless of carrier. There are several features that are available on some Galaxy phones, but not all of them. There may also be differences in the terminology used and the symbols that display in menus when using different browsers.
The term “anonymous callers” or “Contacts without numbers” might be used to refer to unknown callers instead.
Reasons for the Differences
The call blocking capabilities of your phone are partially determined by the version of Android that is installed on your phone. Samsung transitioned from Android 4.4 KitKat to Android 8.0 Oreo in a single generation, from the Galaxy S5 to the Galaxy S9. Wireless carriers adopted these versions at their own speed between the Galaxy S5 and the Galaxy S9. T-Mobile, for example, specifies two separate procedures for banning phone numbers in their web instructions for the Galaxy S6; one approach is intended for a Galaxy S6 running Android 5.0 Lollipop, while the other is intended for a Galaxy S6 running Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
A second complication is the way in which cellular service providers distinguish their phones based on the feature sets they supply.
What Else Can You Do?
If none of these techniques or their variants work for you, go online for product manuals from various carriers for their versions of the Galaxy series.
Alternatively, you may inquire with your service provider about the intricacies of blocking phone numbers on your specific Galaxy phone type. In addition, there are several third-party call blocking applications available. Thank you for informing us about this!
How to block a phone number on your Android phone
With the advent of Android smartphones, staying in touch with family and friends is now more convenient and faster than ever. Not all phone calls, on the other hand, are appreciated. Spammers, complete strangers, telemarketers, and other unwelcome calls may be quite irritating at times. A simple option for preventing particular calls from reaching you is to simply block their numbers. We’ll show you how to ban a phone number from your Android device in this tutorial.
Some carriers make it simple!
Android Authority / Authorized by Edgar Cervantes Do you want to get rid of those bothersome callers? It is possible to do it from your phone, but what if you swap phones frequently? Perhaps you prefer a more systematic approach to this. In the United States, several carriers, including the four main ones (Vodafone, AT&T, and T-Mobile), allow you to block individual numbers on a service level basis. Terms and restrictions apply; click on the links below to learn more about what each of the major airlines has to offer.
How to block a phone number with different devices
Most Android phones presently feature simple, built-in methods of blocking individual phone numbers. This wasn’t always the case, though, and several OEMs were forced to develop the functionality from scratch. Depending on your gadget, this means you’ll have to put forth a bit more effort to fend off those telemarketing scammers. Needless to say, we are unable to go into depth about the actions that must be taken in order to block calls on every single phone on the market. We can, however, demonstrate how to block calls on the vast majority of popular Android smartphones.
How to block a phone number on stock Android
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. This article will walk you through the process of blocking a phone number on a pure Android device such as thePixel 5. Most phones, it is likely, follow a similar procedure, which is why we opted to start with these gadgets. There are two options for accomplishing this. Let’s have a look at them. Method No. 1:
- Open the Phone application
- Select Recents from the drop-down menu
- Long-press on the number you wish to block
- Spam should be blocked or reported. The option that says “Report call as spam” can be checked or unchecked. SelectBlock
- Open the Phone application
- To access the menu, click on the three-dot menu button in the upper right corner. SelectSettings
- SelectBlocked numbers
- Press the Add a number button. Type in the number and press the Button
- Another effective solution is to utilize theUnknownsetting, which is located just above, which prevents any unidentified calls from reaching you.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were produced on aPixel 4aand Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. Furthermore, see:These are the greatest Google items that money can buy
How to block numbers on Samsung phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Samsung maintains its position as the industry’s leading smartphone manufacturer, accounting for more than 18 percent of the smartphone market share. There’s a strong possibility that this is the part that you’re looking for. You may block a phone number using either the Contacts app or the Phone app on your device. Here are the easy actions you’ll need to take: Contacts are blocked by the following:
- Open the Contacts application
- Locate the person you want to block on your phone. To access the Moremenu, locate it at the bottom right corner of the screen. To block a contact, press theBlockcontactbutton once, then tap it again to confirm.
In the Phone app, you may disable the following features:
- Open the Phone application
- To access the 3-dot menu, press the button with three dots. SelectSettings
- Locate and touch theBlock numberssection at this point. Add a phone number by selectingAdd phone number
- As soon as you’ve typed in the phone number, click on the +button to add it to your contacts list. You may also turn on the option to Block unknown/private numbers to get rid of any incoming calls from unknown numbers.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus that was running Android 11.
Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. Also see: The greatest Samsung smartphones available right now
How to block calls on LG phones
The next step is to demonstrate how to block a phone number if you own an LG phone. Despite the fact that there will be no new phones on the market, it is crucial to understand how to utilize the phone you now have. Even if the procedure is comparable to those of the other phone brands on our list, there are a few minor distinctions to note. Remove a call from your call history:
- Open your phone’s application and choose theCall history tab
- Place your finger close to the iicon of the phone number you wish to ban
- SelectBlock number by pressing the 3-dotMorebutton in the upper right corner of the screen.
Block the following numbers from your dialer:
- Navigate to the dialer screen on your phone’s application. To access the 3-dotMenubutton, press it three times. Navigate to theCall settings
- Select theCall blockingDecline with a message option from the drop-down menu. Enter the Blocked numbers section. Press the +button
- Select whether you wish to remove a phone number from your Contacts, Recent Calls, or New number lists. Choose or input the number and follow the on-screen instructions
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on an LG V60 ThinQ running Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above.
How to block phone numbers on OnePlus phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Many individuals consider OnePlus to be yet another excellent option. It is based on the lightweight OxygenOS operating system, which is quite close to stock Android in appearance. Blocking the following from the Phone app:
- Open the Phone application
- Navigate to theSettings
- TapBlocked numerals
- Then hitAdd a number
- And so forth. Enter the number and press the Button
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a OnePlus 9 Pro that was running Android 11. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above. More:These are the greatest low-cost smartphones currently available.
How to block calls on Huawei phones
Android Authority is a project by Robert Triggs. Huawei may not be a household brand in the United States as a result of the company’s boycott, but it is still a key player. It is performing exceptionally well in a number of Asian areas, as well as in Europe. Call blocking on Huawei and Honor phones is quick and simple, requiring only a few clicks to do. The quickest and most straightforward technique is:
- Activate thePhoneapp by tapping theibutton next to a contact or phone number. Select the 3-dotMorebutton
- Press theBlock contact button
- And then press Enter.
Spam calls should be filtered and blocked:
- Open the Phone application
- Select theMorebutton (shown by three dots)
- Enter theBlockedtab into the text box. Select theSettingsicon from the toolbar. Toggle different switches to block and filter different calls by pressing theCall block rulesbutton on your keyboard.
Calls from certain numbers can be blocked:
- Open the Phone application
- Enter theBlockedtab by pressing theMorebutton. Select theSettingsicon from the toolbar. Enter theBlocklistmenu at this point. To add phone numbers that you want to ban, click on thePlusicon. In addition, you may access your contacts menu and block certain contacts by selecting theMoremenu.
Please keep in mind that these instructions were created on a Huawei Mate 40 Pro running Android 10. Depending on your device and software version, the steps may change significantly from the examples above.
Third-party apps for blocking phone calls
The following approach can be used if your Android phone does not come with a built-in call-blocking function, or if your phone does but you find it inadequate. Fortunately, you may pick from among the several third-party call-blocking applications available on the Google Play Store. Mr. Number, Call Blocker, and Calls Blacklist are three applications worth mentioning. Next: Take a look at these security applications as well!
Mr. Number is a free and ad-free Android software that allows you to prevent unsolicited calls and messages on your mobile phone. Mr. Number is available for both Android and iOS devices. With this software, you can safeguard your phone against spam calls by allowing you to block calls from individuals or corporations. You have the ability to restrict calls from certain numbers, an area code, or even an entire nation. You may also block private and unknown numbers by sending them directly to voicemail, and you can report spam calls to alert other individuals who are using the app about them.
A lot like Mr. Number and other call blocking applications, Call Blocker operates in a similar manner to them. Calls from unknown numbers are prevented from reaching you, and the program has a Call Reminder function that assists you in identifying unknown numbers.
There is also a Whitelist feature, which allows you to save phone numbers that can always be reached. To save it to your device, click on the download icon below.
On our list of free but ad-supported apps is the simple Calls Blacklist, which allows you to keep track of the contacts you don’t want to receive phone calls from your phone. A premium edition, which is ad-free, is also available for roughly $2. To use Calls Blacklist to block calls, first start the app and then add a contact number to the Blacklist page in the settings. You may manually enter numbers into your Contacts, call logs, and messages logs, or you can import numbers from other sources.
How to block a number on Samsung Galaxy smartphones
Because Samsung is the world’s largest smartphone provider, its devices are used by hundreds of millions of people all over the world. Many of them would have had the desire to learn how to block a phone number on their Samsung cellphones at some time in their careers or personal life. If we’re being honest, hardly one actually calls anyone these days, unless it’s an extreme emergency. Spam and robocalls have grown to be a far more serious concern than they were previously. Approximately 47.8 billion robocalls were made in the United States alone last year, according to estimates.
Users will benefit from this since they will no longer be need to rely on third-party apps or to subscribe to paid number blocking services offered by cell carriers, making their lives more simpler.
It makes no difference whether carrier you’re using or which variation you’re using.
So, whether you merely want to prevent robocalls or you don’t want to deal with an ex, here’s how to block a phone number on a Samsung smartphone.
How to block a number on Samsung smartphones
Please keep in mind that the blocking features have developed over the course of various operating system upgrades. They all function the same manner, although certain words have been modified, as well as some of the choices’ placements on the menu. This tutorial will mostly cover the procedures for disabling phone numbers on a Samsung smartphone that is running the One UI interface. Because the functionalities are now accessible through the Phone app on latest Samsung devices, it is really much easier to use them.
- Select Settings, then Blocked numbers from the drop-down menu.
- By selecting the option to Block unknown callers, your Galaxy phone will automatically block any unknown calls in the future.
- In your Contacts app, when you’re going through your contacts, you may also ban folks directly from that screen.
- To block a contact, choose onBlock contact and press the confirm button.
- Another option is to ban a phone number straight from the Recents tab, which is much faster.
- ABlockbutton may be found in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Note: It’s important to remember that, while calls and messages from banned numbers will not be received, the function will not prevent a blocked number from leaving voicemail.
If you don’t want a blocked individual to even leave a voicemail, you’ll need to get the number banned at the carrier level.
Checking calls and messages from a blocked number
In this article, we’ll show you how to block a contact on a Samsung smartphone. If you want to know how many times they’ve phoned you or what message they sent you without unblocking them, you may do so by going to your contacts list and searching for their name. Samsung makes it rather simple to accomplish this as well. The Phone app logs incoming calls from prohibited numbers with an indicator that indicates that the call was blocked, making it easy to identify the source of the call. You may check the call history to see whether it was actually refused automatically.
- From there, select Settings from the overflow menu.
- All incoming messages that have been automatically banned are listed in this section.
- The same functionality is also available on previous devices such as the Galaxy S5, which is a good example.
- To block something from the auto reject list, select it and punch in the appropriate number.
How to unblock a number on Samsung phones: 2 methods
This is something I think we can all agree on. Some folks may be downright unpleasant at times. The folks that regularly spam our inboxes with garbage or contact us incessantly email order to attract our attention are known as “spammers.” For example, they may be suppliers who are continuously following up with customers, telemarketers, fraudsters, or even an ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend who is having trouble getting over a break-up. Yikes! It can reach to the point where we become irritated with them and decide to remove them from our phone list.
However, there may come a point when you want to unblock them and get back in touch with them.
How do you unblock someone once you’ve previously blocked them on your list of blocked people?
We’ve already demonstrated how to unblock a phone number on an Android device.
How to Unblock Phone Numbers Directly Stored on Your Phone
If you manually banned the person’s phone number, it should appear on your phone’s Blocked List if you did so. You may manually unblock them by navigating to that list and deleting them from it.
A. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+
Samsung S9 (Samsung Galaxy S9)
- The Phone icon may be found on the Home Screen by selecting it. TapMenu (which is represented by the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of your screen)
- SelectBlock Numbers from the drop-down menu. You will be able to see all of the blocked numbers displayed on your computer screen. By touching the minus (-) sign next to the number you desire to unblock, you may choose it and unblock it.
- The Contacts icon may be found on the Home Screen by selecting it. Locate the name of the contact you wish to unblock and write it down. Toggle the little I button to the right. Toggle the three vertical dots to the right. Unblock is the option to choose.
The following options are available if the contact phoned you and the number is still on your recent call list:
- Select the Phone icon from the Home Screen
- Find and select the desired contact
- Press the button once. Select unblock by pressing the little I button, followed by the three vertical dots.
B. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+
Samsung Galaxy S8 There are similarities between S9 and this version; nevertheless, the interface is not the same.
- From the Home Screen, select the Phone icon
- Press the three vertical dots
- Select Settings
- Select Blocked Numbers
- Locate the contact you wish to unblock and tap the minus (-) symbol below it
- And then hit Done to complete the process.
C. How to unblock a number on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S6
Samsung S7 and Samsung S6 are two of the most popular smartphones on the market.
- Select Contacts from the Phone icon on the Home Screen by tapping it. More may be found in the upper left corner of the screen. Select Call Blocking (for S7) or Call Rejection (for S6) from the Settings menu. SelectBlock List (for S7) orCall Rejection (for S6) from the drop-down menu. Auto Reject is available to S6 users. Then locate the person who you want to unblock and hit the minus (-) icon next to their profile picture.
D. How to unblock a number on Samsung DUOS
Samsung Duos is a pair of smartphones from Samsung.
- The Phone icon may be seen on the Home Screen. SelectMenu Settings Call Call Rejection Auto Reject
- SelectMenu Settings Call Call Rejection Auto Reject
- Choose a person’s phone number from the list
- Select Auto Reject from the drop-down menu.
E. How to unblock a number on Samsung Core Prime
Samsung Core Prime processor
- Using the Contacts app from the Home screen, select Menu Settings, Call Call Rejection, Auto Rejection, then Menu, then Delete. Locate the contact you desire to unblock and pick Delete from the drop-down menu
F. How to unblock a number on Samsung J7
- From the Home Screen, select the Phone Icon to call someone. Navigate to the Menu Settings page. SelectBlocked Numbers from the drop-down menu. To unblock a contact, locate the person you want to unblock and click on the minus (-) symbol next to their name.
In most cases, you can access your banned list by clicking on either the Phone symbol or the Contacts icon. You’ll only have to be patient when trying to locate it, depending on the type of your Samsung phone.
How to Unblock Phone Numbers That You Blocked Using an App
In the event that you have barred a contact from an app, you can unblock them directly from the app. If, for example, you have blocked someone from Whatsapp, you may discover their name on your Blocked list by searching for:
- Open the Whatsapp application. Navigate to Account Privacy Blocked under the Settings menu. Select the person that you wish to unblock from your contact list
- Unblock Contact is located at the bottom of the page.
Typically, the Block list may be found in the Settings Privacy Settings of the Android application in question. This article will present you with numerous applications that you can download from the Google Play store to assist you regulate who can and cannot contact you in order to learn more about how to unblock a contact from an application that you have previously used.
Yes, of course it is possible! You have the ability to block any number at any moment.
Will blocking a number inform them that I blocked them?
Relax! The banned number will not be informed that they have been blocked by your device. You will simply cease getting phone calls and text messages from them.
Is there a limit on how many numbers I can block on my phone?
The amount of time that may be blocked varies from phone to phone. It is possible that certain devices enable you to block an unlimited amount of numbers, while other devices may have their own constraints.
Wrapping It Up
Nothing and no one will hold your decision to prevent a specific individual from contacting you against your will, for whatever reason you choose. Individuals may choose to prevent business calls when they leave the workplace, but they may wish to re-engage with business when they return the following morning. Knowing how to both ban and unblock your phone may be really beneficial! Have you attempted the procedures outlined above? Do you have any suggestions for additional steps? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
He is enthusiastic in writing and technology, and he has a particular interest in Android problem-solving.
Samsung Galaxy S4 User Guide
Instructions on how to block a phone number on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (page 6 of 18)
Block a Number
Are you fed up with receiving unsolicited phone calls from obnoxious telemarketers or your obstinate ex? When it comes to preventing someone from contacting you on your Samsung Galaxy S4, you have a plethora of alternatives at your disposal. You may block any number you want, from unknown numbers to those that begin with specified area codes. You can even block entire groups of numbers if you want. Here’s how to do it. Cheryl Low, a writer and poet
- Select Call settings from the drop-down menu. Swipe down from the main page and hit the gear icon at the top right of the screen to access My Device and Call options
- Hit the arrow next to Auto Reject Mode once you’ve clicked on Call Rejection
- Choose “Auto reject numbers” from the drop-down menu that appears. In order to reject all calls at the present, you may choose All Numbers from the drop-down menu. Return to Call Rejection and navigate to the Auto RejectList. To begin, press the Create button. By selecting the symbol shaped like a person at the end of the field, you may input a phone number or choose a contact or call log from your phone’s contacts list or call log. When you’re finished, click Save at the upper right of the screen.
To block further numbers, just repeat steps 4 through 6. If you choose, you may also refuse numbers from whole cities if that is what you prefer. Simply input the area code for that region in Step 5, and then choose Starts With under the Match Criteria option below the number field, which will complete the process. For numbers in the United States, this function works regardless of whether or not you include a “+1′′ before the area code. If you have a contacts page or call log, you may also add numbers to your reject list from there.
The number of numbers that can be blocked is limited to 100, and those that were designated as “Starts With” count as one number.
The call will not be shown on your phone, but if you check your call logs, you will see that blocked calls have been recorded, indicating that your S4 is hard at work keeping irritants at bay. The number is followed by a blocked sign to indicate that it has been denied.
How to block numbers / calls on Samsung Galaxy A5
It’s important to clarify that some people, including myself, have experienced harassment from unidentified callers as well as being overrun by phone canvassing. Even if it is a painful experience, you should be relieved to know that the Samsung Galaxy A5 may become your buddy in this situation. There are three different methods for blocking phone calls (blacklisting ordinary phone numbers) on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (released in October 2014). There are no solutions that will require you to have root access on your Samsung Galaxy A5.
Let’s take a look at the first step, which involves working with the Android applications that were pre-installed.
Block a number on your Samsung Galaxy A5 with Android 4.4 KitKat via the built-in call log:
- Select the phone app on your Samsung Galaxy A5 from the drop-down menu. Then, selectCall Reject from the drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Finally, selectReject calls from
- Select your own private numbers. You have the ability to enter numbers in this field
- TouchCall Reject
- TouchReject calls from
- TouchPrivate numbers if you desire, or otherwise search for a number directly from your contact list
- Then touchDone to save your changes. Look for the contact you want to block on your phone
Block out a number with your Samsung Galaxy A5 thanks to your mobile phone carrier
You may also make advantage of your phone carrier’s filtering capabilities to eliminate undesirable numbers. This service is dependent on your wireless provider. To learn more about number blocking, you must first log into your personal area and then navigate to the settings. Typically, number blocking is provided free of charge, however this is not always the case. Be aware of this! In the event that you are unable to identify the number blocked on your Samsung Galaxy A5 through your cell carrier, you may be able to contact them using social media platforms such as Twitter or Facebook.
Block a number on your Samsung Galaxy A5 with Third-party apps meant for blocking phone calls
If you believe that banning a phone number on the Samsung Galaxy A5 using Android or through your mobile phone carrier would be difficult, think again! Alternatively, you may make use of third-party programs that will complete the process for you. Fortunately, all of the applications included in this post are completely free and virus-free! By downloading and installing one of the following mobile phone number blocker software on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (by clicking on the link below), you may enjoy the silence once more.
You have the option of selecting one of three straightforward alternatives.
Please notify us!
Block or unblock a phone number
If you don’t want to receive calls from a specific phone number, you can block it from receiving calls. As soon as the number attempts to contact you, your phone immediately refuses the call. Important: Some of these instructions are only applicable to Android versions 6.0 and higher. Learn how to determine what version of Android you are running.
Block a number
- Open the Phone application
- MoreCall history may be found by using the More button. Pick up the phone and make a call from the number you wish to block
- TapBlock / Report Spam to the appropriate authorities.
If visual voicemail is enabled, blocked callers will not be able to leave voicemails. Learn how to enable visible voicemail on your phone.
Block unknown numbers
- Activate your Phone application, choose More, then SettingsBlocked numbers. Unknown should be enabled.
Calls from private or unidentified numbers will be blocked as a result of this setting.
You will continue to receive calls from phone numbers that are not saved in your contacts list despite this setting.
Unblock a number
- Open the Phone application
- More options are available by selecting SettingsBlocked numbers. ClearUnblock may be found next to the phone number you wish to unblock.
Tip: Any calls you receive from the banned number will not appear in your call history because they were received when the number was blocked.