- 1 How Do I Activate My Mobile Phone And Set It Up?
- 2 What is Cell Phone Activation?
- 3 Why Do I Have to Activate My Phone?
- 4 What is an Unlocked Phone?
- 5 Do Unlocked Phones Need to Be Activated?
- 6 How to Activate Your iPhone:8 Easy Steps
- 7 How to Activate Your Android Phone:7 Super Simple Steps
- 8 Activating Phones:What You Should Know About Each Carrier
- 9 What Are the Best Used Phones for Easy Activation?
- 10 Getting Your Phone Protected
- 11 Where Can I Buy Unlocked Used Phones?
- 12 More Used Phone Activation FAQ
- 13 Samsung Galaxy S20 5G / S20+ 5G / S20 Ultra 5G (G981U/G986U/G988U) – Device Setup
- 14 How to Set Up and Activate New Samsung Galaxy S20?
- 15 How do you set up your new Samsung Galaxy S20?
- 16 How to Easily Activate an Old Samsung Android Phone
- 17 Activating a Samsung phone with AT T
- 18 Activate Samsung Phone with Sprint
- 19 Activate Samsung phone with Verizon Wireless
- 20 Activate with Verizon Stores/Phone Support
- 21 Activate with SIM Card
- 22 How to Activate New Samsung Galaxy S7 Phone
- 23 Activate your Google Fi service – Android
- 24 Before you get started
- 25 Step 1: Set up your phone
- 26 Step 2: Make sure everything is up and running
- 27 Activate your new Verizon phone with our simple guide
- 28 How to activate your Verizon phoneonline
- 29 How to activate your Verizon phonevia the My Verizon app
- 30 How to activate your Verizon phonevia telephone
- 31 How to activate your BYOD device at Verizon
How Do I Activate My Mobile Phone And Set It Up?
The majority of the time, when you purchase a secondhand phone, you will need to activate it before you can truly use it. When your premium used phone gets in the mail, you won’t be able to use it for phone calls, text messaging, or anything else until you activate it, so make sure to do it as soon as possible. This appears to be a complicated and complex process – but it is actually pretty straightforward if you know your service provider, the sort of phone you purchased, and the basic procedures to activate your phone, which are detailed below.
You are now reading an article about Glyde.
If you want to see what’s available, you may look at used phones on this page.
What is Cell Phone Activation?
Cell phone activation is the process through which your service is essentially turned on. In and of itself, the phone does not do anything until it is linked to a carrier, Wi-Fi network, or cell tower. The process is the same as it is for any other physical device you own, such as a tablet or computer: you must turn it on, register it with your Wi-Fi or cell phone provider, and then sync it to your account, including all of your information, so that it can be identified as being associated with your account.
Why Do I Have to Activate My Phone?
What you’ll need to do in order to activate your phone may vary depending on the model of phone you have. As an example, if you have an iPhone, you may require the IMEI number, which you may obtain on the phone’s display screen before starting the activation process or on the phone’s box. Otherwise, you’ll need a SIM card as well as a wireless network to connect to in order to connect. A SIM card and the phone itself will be required for Android smartphones in a similar manner. This is addressed in further detail in the sections that follow.
What is an Unlocked Phone?
A phone that has been unlocked is simply one that is not bound to a single service provider. Essentially, carriers sell phones at a discount, and they are able to do so by requiring consumers to sign long-term contracts that require them to make monthly payments. In exchange, you are not permitted to remove the phone you have purchased from their network while it is still under contract. Unlocked phones are not tied to a certain carrier and, depending on their design, may be compatible with more than one network provider at the same time.
Do Unlocked Phones Need to Be Activated?
Not all of the time. Technically, after your contract has expired, your phone will remain locked, but it will not be required to be activated. When acquiring new or old phones that have not been activated, you will need to do so before you can use the phone.
How to Activate Your iPhone:8 Easy Steps
In the event that you have a previously owned iPhone, you can activate it by following these easy instructions:
1. Insert Your SIM Card
Make sure your SIM card is in the SIM holder, which is located on the right side of your iPhone. It is possible that a little nail or paperclip will be required to open the tray into which the SIM card is placed.
2. Turn On Your New Phone
After you’ve secured the card in place, power on the phone and wait a few seconds for it to fully boot up. If, for whatever reason, the phone does not come on after a few minutes, you might wish to test a different SIM card to establish the underlying cause and whether the problem is with the phone or the SIM card itself.
3. Begin the “Start-Up” Process
You should be prompted immediately away with a step-by-step setup in which you slide the prompting to “set up” to complete the process. If, for any reason, the previous phone’s settings were not restored to factory defaults, you may do a factory reset by following the instructions on the screen, and then proceed with the start-up procedure.
4. Select Your Wireless Network
Under the “Select a Wi-Fi network” box, select the wireless network you want to use. This should be done in your residence, where you may safely access your own Wi-Fi network.
5. Give Your Phone Time to Activate
Don’t get too worked up if things don’t start occurring right away. Take a few minutes to complete this task. When the iPhone first connects to a wireless network, it will attempt to automatically activate, which may take up to a minute or more. If you see an error message such as “SIM card error,” this indicates that the card was not properly inserted; thus, go back and try again, then repeat the process. It may be necessary to plug the phone into your computer and use iTunes to finish the activation if it is unable to connect to any wireless networks.
6. Back-Up Your Old Cell Phone Data
During this procedure, you will want to make sure that data such as saved voicemails is written down and that contacts and texts are stored someplace else because they may not be transferred to the new phone. Don’t forget to do this task in advance. If you want to trade in your previous mobile phone after activating the premium used iPhone, you’ll want to make sure you’ve stored all of your old cell phone data and then wiped it clean for security reasons.
7. Get Your IMEI Number
To get the IMEI number shown on the screen, dial * 06 on your phone. It may also be printed on the outside of the packaging. This will most likely be required throughout the activation process.
8. Visit Your Carrier’s Website to Activate
Each site is identical in that you will be required to activate, authenticate that you are in fact choosing to activate, and then confirm the shift to the new device on each page you visit. The procedures are straightforward, and if you get stuck at any time, you may contact their activation support line for assistance.
How to Activate Your Android Phone:7 Super Simple Steps
It is necessary to activate a pre-owned Android device after it has been delivered if the device was purchased used. You may accomplish this in a variety of ways, including:
Step 1:Use an Existing Account
For those who already have an account with a carrier network, going online and activating your new smartphone is as simple as visiting your account page.
Bringing your own device (or activating your own device) or switching to your own device should be included as options on the menu. Following that, follow the procedures provided by your carrier network in order to pick the line you wish to activate.
Step 2:Make Sure It Is Compatible
Because not all network service providers are created equal, you must ensure that the device you purchase is compatible with the plan and service provider you currently have. You will need to key in the device ID and have it confirmed online if you are purchasing a new device or a high-end secondhand phone.
Step 3:Authorize Your New Device
In order to ensure that you are the one requesting this change, the network carrier will send you an SMS code on the new device, which you will need to input on the designated website when requested by the network carrier.
Step 4:Check the SIM
It will be necessary to check the SIM card when this authorisation has been validated and approved. This may be accomplished by entering the SIM ID and following the site’s instructions to check and validate it.
Step 5:Add a Device with an App
Even if you don’t have or are unable to access the network provider’s website, you may have access to their mobile application. You can use your new phone to start the app and follow the instructions for adding a device if this is the case and steps 1-4 did not function properly.
Step 6:Confirm with the App
If you already have your premium used phone in your possession, you may choose the sort of device it is, the Android operating system, and then fill in the device ID. Follow the same confirmation procedures as before.
Step 7:Phone it In
It is always possible to activate a new device by phone if you are unable to access the internet and the applications are also not an option. To do so, dial the appropriate number for the service provider you are using, and be prepared to hand them the SIM card and the receipt of purchase, as well as the phone in case they require any extra information from you.
Activating Phones:What You Should Know About Each Carrier
The criteria for each carrier are slightly different. For further information, please see the company pages for each of the activation criteria listed below: Activation customer help is available for each major carrier if you get stuck at any time during the process.
- Phone numbers include: Sprint: 1-888-211-4727
- T-Mobile: 1-877-347-2127
- Verizon: 1-877-807-4646
- And AT&T: 1-866-895-1099.
You will be able to connect with each carrier directly from the website, if you already have an account with them. In the case of an existing AT T account and a new phone, you may simply go into your AT T account online and follow the procedures outlined on the website to activate your new phone, for example. Most carriers provide an app that, if you already have it installed, you may use to communicate with them. If you have the Verizon app, for example, you may use it to configure your new smartphone.
Providing you already have a service provider, there isn’t any charge for the actual activation.
In any case, this is where the question of cost comes into play.
Activating Your Used Sprint Phone
- Call Sprint or go into your Sprint account and navigate to the devices area to begin. Select the sort of device you wish to add from the drop-down option and then activate the phone from there. Complete all of the procedures necessary to verify the device and implement all of the necessary authentication mechanisms.
Activating Your Used T-Mobile Phone
- Keep the SIM serial number as well as the phone serial number on hand at all times. After you have placed the SIM card into the device, press the button that reads “activate phone” on the device. If you don’t already have an account, follow the steps to create one, and then validate the new device by entering the activation code, the SIM serial number, and the phone’s serial number, if applicable.
Activating Your Used Verizon Phone
- Make a phone call or go to the website. After you have put the SIM card into the new smartphone, you must follow all of the on-screen instructions. Follow the confirmation and security processes to ensure that the new device is working properly.
Activating Your Used AT T Phone
- Make a phone call or go to the website. To activate a wireless device, press the activate button and input all of the relevant information. Then, follow all of the prompts to finish the activation, which may involve entering data from the device itself and verifying a security code provided by text message.
What Are the Best Used Phones for Easy Activation?
Unlocked phones are the most convenient to use since they are easier to activate.
They have already been released from their existing contract with the prior carrier, and they will be able to simply shift to any or all of the most popular networks with no difficulty. Regardless of what carrier you use or what phone model you purchased, this simplifies the procedure for you.
Getting Your Phone Protected
At the same time when you’re activating your phone, you should consider getting it protected: There’s nothing more frustrating than purchasing a phone, damaging the screen or destroying whatever else, and having to start over from the beginning again. If you want to secure a phone that you already own at a reasonable price, Glyde is the best place to go. Check out this page for information on phone protection programs.
Where Can I Buy Unlocked Used Phones?
We at theGlyde Marketplace are proud to have contributed to the development of the future of buying and selling old phones. Click here to visit our Buy Page, where you may explore listings and pick the phone that’s right for you! Consider filtering by ‘Unlocked’ or filtering by carrier to locate the phone that is right for you and your needs.
More Used Phone Activation FAQ
Now that you’ve learned how to activate your phone with various service providers, let’s take a deeper look at some of the other questions you might be wondering.
How do I activate my SIM card?
Although it varies depending on the carrier, in general, you simply insert the new SIM card and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
How long does a new SIM card take to activate?
The entire procedure should be completed in a couple of minutes.
Do I need a SIM card to activate my new phone?
Yes, a SIM card is required in order to activate your new phone. Consider your SIM card to be a unique identity, without which your new phone will not be able to be activated.
How do I know if my phone is unlocked?
Although it will be stated when you purchase the phone whether it is locked or unlocked, it is possible to test it by inserting any other SIM card–whether it is from another friend or a previous phone or a test one from a phone store–and if it connects to a network without issue, the phone is unlocked.
How do I activate my phone without paying?
If you have a new phone, you shouldn’t have to pay to activate it because the procedure itself is free. The SIM card and the phone are the two items that are expensive. When it comes to producing articles, we have a great team of writers that spend countless hours conducting research, speaking with experts, and writing articles that will assist you in making smarter selections when buying and selling mobile phones.
Samsung Galaxy S20 5G / S20+ 5G / S20 Ultra 5G (G981U/G986U/G988U) – Device Setup
- SelectSkipif you do not want to connect to Wi-Fi as you progress.
- If you’d like to link your Google account, simply enter your email address or phone number and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Please choose Skip if you do not want to create an account.
- When you’re finished, click Accept.
- Choosing Skip will allow you to proceed without activating device protective measures.
Consider the Subscribe to get daily updates from the Assistant promt box, then check the options that apply to your situation.
Check the extra apps that you want to be downloaded onto your smartphone when Wi-Fi is accessible, and then pick the checkboxes as needed.
11.Setting up services lets you to configure Visual Voicemail and Wi-Fi Calling, among other things.
When you’re finished, click Next.
Examine the Get applications prompt and click the checkboxes next to the programs that you want to download.
Remove all of the checks before selectingSkip if you don’t want to download any extra applications.
Start by pressing the Start button and following the on-screen instructions.
Choose Next and then follow the on-screen instructions to finish the data transfer from your old smartphone to your new device for a faster set-up experience.
To sign into your Samsung account, enter the phone number or email address that is connected with your Samsung account and then pick thearrow.
To finish the setup, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
SelectSkip if you do not want to create a Samsung account before continuing.
17. If you want to restore your device using the Samsung Cloud, choose the device you want to restore and follow the on-screen instructions. Choosing Skip.18 will allow you to proceed without restoring your device. To finish the configuration, selectFinish.
How to Set Up and Activate New Samsung Galaxy S20?
When you receive a fresh new phone, the first thing that you should do is configure it to meet your specific requirements. Whether it’s transmitting data or simply setting up the SIM card, it takes a bit for the device to be enabled, boot, and begin operating as you want it to. Samsung, one of the industry’s pioneers in the mobile phone industry, has made it a priority to design phones that are simple, intelligent, and completely user-friendly. As a result of the simple guided tour, which allows you to follow a set of instructions and set up your phone, this phone is among the most popular on the market, and therefore throughout the whole mobile phone business.
You must be able to perform all of the tasks that are required in order to set up the phone properly.
Due to the fact that Samsung phones are so simple to set up for previous Samsung users, new Samsung users may feel a little uneasy at first.
Fortunately, when it comes to Android, it is a straightforward process.
How do you set up your new Samsung Galaxy S20?
Do you happen to have your SIM card with you? Great! You may get started by following the steps outlined below.
- Disconnect yourself fully from your phone. You should insert the SIM card that you intend to use and shut the port when you have done so. Turn on your mobile phone. The phone begins to boot up, and after it is finished, it prompts you to select a language preference. Then select the language with which you are most comfortable and proceed with the remaining procedures. The phone inquires as to whether you would want to connect to a local wireless or WiFi network. Allow your phone to check for several networks accessible and identify the one to which you have access
- This will save you time. To connect to the Wireless network, you must first enter your login and password. After connecting your phone to the internet, the phone will prompt you to enter your Google id and password to proceed. Due to the fact that it is an Android smartphone, Google credentials are required. Identify the check that the phone prompts you to undertake if you have your two-step authentication method activated. Then, after logging in, you’ll have the option of linking your phone to your Google account. It is possible to restore backups from other phones onto your New Samsung Galaxy S20 if you have them available on your computer. You have two choices in this situation. Choose whether or not to restore the data from the backup
- Alternatively, you can go to the next stage and back up the data later
- And Your phone will now request you to enter a screen lock password in order for it to be safe and secure for you to use while traveling. You may set up patterns or even fingerprint recognition to safeguard the information on your phone
- However, this is not recommended. Your phone should be ready to use once all processes and procedures have been established. You may recover your contacts from your Google account or your SIM card so that they appear in the Phonebook option
- However, this method is not recommended.
The steps outlined above will assist you in setting up your phone from scratch without the need for professional assistance. What a piece of cake that was! As an experienced Android user, it is not surprising that you would wish to back up your data on a regular basis for future reference and convenience. If you are a long-time Samsung user, you may easily back up your data from your Samsung account. It just serves as a little improvement. On the other hand, it is not always handy, and there are occasions in which the backup is either lost or fails to function effectively.
- If you want to transfer data quickly and easily, using the AnyTrans software on your computer or phone is the best option.
- Once you have made your selection, you will be given a limited amount of time to complete the specified activity, which can range from a few seconds to a few minutes.
- Create and customize your own folders, then arrange them in any way you see fit.
- It is, without a doubt, one of the greatest Android to Android data transfer apps accessible for download at the present moment.
- After the activity is done, you will be alerted that the action has been accomplished.
- Even if you have been a Samsung user for the longest period of time conceivable, it is necessary to do a general sanity check once in a while.
For such customers, it is recommended that they upload all of their backups onto a Google account, whether it be Drive or another service, and then back it up according to their preferences.
You May Also Like to Read More about Samsung Galaxy S20 protective cases, screen protectors, or camera lens protectors…
Making yourSamsung Galaxy S20 Casework for you is as simple as it can be. So, what are you waiting for? Get started now! Get your hands on that new phone with all of the ultra-amazing features and begin your journey through a user experience that is entirely Samsung and one-of-a-kind in the world. Aside from the features, you will get the full Samsung experience when you purchase this device. Adam I am a huge fan of electronic devices and am frequently exposed to a wide range of different electronic accessories.
How to Easily Activate an Old Samsung Android Phone
The following steps will show you how to simply activate both old and new Samsung Android phones. How to Activate an Old Samsung Android Phone in a Simple Manner You’re having trouble activating your old Samsung Android phone, aren’t you? It is likely that you are seeking for information on how to easily activate an old Samsung phone such as the S9, S8, S7, S6, S5, and other Galaxy models. If this is your situation, then this post will provide you with the knowledge you want. It also demonstrates how to activate a new Samsung Galaxy phone, as the process is quite identical to that of activating an older model of the phone.
Activating a Samsung phone with AT T
When activating with AT T, the first step is to enter your SIM card into your mobile phone and charge it for eight hours (if it is a new device), or charge it until it is completely charged if it is an older handset. Then, to turn on the Samsung device, press and hold the “End” key for a few seconds. Enter a phone number on the dial pad and hit the “Send” key to make a test call after you’ve completed this step. If the call is successful, the gadget is operational and no further action is required.
When prompted, provide your wireless mobile number, your billing ZIP code, and your Social Security number.
Activate Samsung Phone with Sprint
To begin charging the Samsung smartphone, insert the battery and connect it to the charger until it is completely charged. Enter your login name and password into the Sprint website’s “My Sprint” tab after logging in using your Sprint account information. To activate a new phone, go to the “I want to” navigation menu and select the “Activate a new phone” link. Then unplug the gadget and take the battery out of the device. After that, look for the DEC or HEX code – you will find it under the battery inside the device – or call * 06 to get the IMEI number from the device.
Next, you must input your email address into the text box and press “OK” to activate your phone’s functionality.
Activate Samsung phone with Verizon Wireless
To activate an old Verizon phone on an existing Verizon line, go into your Verizon account and click “My Account,” followed by “Activate, Switch, or Bring Your Own Device,” which will take you to the appropriate page. Choose the current phone line on which you wish to activate your Samsung smartphone from the list. Select “No” to indicate that the device is being used for the first time on your Verizon account, or “Yes” to indicate that the device has been used previously on the same Verizon account.
This is done for the sake of safety and security.
Type in the authentication code that was supplied to you, followed by the SIM card number for the mobile phone that you are activating on your current line.
Choose an equipment protection option if you are requested to do so, and then click on “Confirm.” If you are prompted, pick a different plan and then click “Confirm” once again. When Verizon asks you to turn on your newly activated phone, do so. This will finish the activation process.
Activate with Verizon Stores/Phone Support
If you are experiencing trouble activating your phone online, you can do so over the phone instead of using the internet. Make a phone call to Verizon and ask to have an old phone activated on an existing line. Then follow the company’s instructions on how to do so. Additionally, you may bring the handset and SIM card into a nearby Verizon shop and have them activate the device for you. It is advised that you charge the battery of your Samsung mobile before beginning so that it does not shut down during the procedure.
Activate with SIM Card
Some Samsung mobile phones are not compatible with the Verizon network unless they have a SIM card installed. Using a SIM card that has already been activated for the number, or purchasing a new SIM card from Verizon, is the first step towards reactivating an older Samsung phone with Verizon service. It is recommended that you consult the phone’s user manual to see what sort of SIM card it requires. The Mini, Micro, and Nano SIM cards are the most often seen forms of SIM card. Each one has a different size, and the Nano SIM is the one that is most typically seen on newer handsets.
- If, on the other hand, your SIM card is not compatible, you may simply request a replacement from Verizon, either online or in person at a nearby shop.
- Conclusion The techniques described in the preceding post will allow you to reactivate your outdated Samsung phones in many ways.
- The 7 Best Android Device Manager Applications That Really Work Check them out at the following link: Android Device Manager is a marvel.
- Discover the top software products that can assist you in the following areas:
- Unlock the screen of your Android phone
- Backup and restore your data
- Easily erase unwanted data
- Transfer and manage files
- Root your Android phone
- And more. Send SMS messages directly from your desktop
- On your computer, you may play Android mobile games. Use Android Apps on Your PC Directly from Your Android Device
- And perform a plethora of other fantastic tasks with your Android phone.
Check them out at the following link: The best Android device manager ever. Video of the Week:
How to Activate New Samsung Galaxy S7 Phone
If you need to know how to activate and set up a new Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, this video will walk you through the process. You may accomplish remarkable things with your Samsung smartphone; for example, see the following: The 7 Best Android Device Manager Softwaretools are listed here.
Activate your Google Fi service – Android
In order to utilize Google Fi in the United States, you must first activate it (territories not included). After that, you’ll be able to utilize the Fi service all across the world. We make exceptions for members of the military and State Department employees who are stationed overseas. If you sign up for Google Fi and acquire a Fi phone, you will need to complete the procedures outlined below to activate your Google Fi service. You’re bringing your own Fi phone, right? To activate service on a Fi phone that you already possess, follow the procedures outlined below.
Activating a SIM card that is exclusively for data? Take the following actions. Are you interested in joining a group plan? If you are invited to join a group by someone, you will receive an email with instructions on how to accept the invitation.
Before you get started
Do you want to transfer your phone number? To ensure that the transfer of your number goes successfully, read the instructions to transferring your number. However, while the majority of transfers take less than 15 minutes, some might take up to 24 hours to complete. Connect your phone to the wall outlet. Keep your phone connected in until you’re finished with the setup process to ensure that it doesn’t lose power during the process. It’s also a good idea to completely charge the battery as soon as you get the opportunity.
- Are you considering making the switch from your iPhone?
- It is possible to send messages between Apple devices via the iMessage service, which was introduced in 2010.
- Otherwise, SMS messages may be delivered to this location instead, and you will not be aware of it.
- Following the changeover, you will no longer be able to receive new messages from existing iMessage group threads.
Step 1: Set up your phone
View a video instruction on how to activate Google Fi on an Android phone by following the steps below. SIM card should be insertedSIM card should be inserted This step can be skipped if you have a Pixel 2 or higher. Otherwise, simply switch on your phone. If you have a dual-SIM handset, you should use the first SIM slot. Turn on your mobile phone. follow the instructions on the screen
- To finalize your activation, open the Google Fi app on your smartphone. Ensure that you login in with the Google Account (for example, Gmail) that you used to sign up for Google Fi. It is possible that you may be prompted to install an update. Your phone will automatically download and install the update, then restart, allowing you to continue setting up your phone. As part of the on-screen setup, you’ll be prompted to begin your number transfer. A new number will be assigned to you once your account has been activated. You can always discover your number by going to the Account page in the Fi app or on the Fi website.
Check to verify that the Messages and Google Fi applications are up to current on your device. To take use of Google Fi’s capabilities, you must have the most recent version of the applications listed below. After clicking on the link, pick the option to “Update.” If you don’t see an Updatebutton, this means that your app is current. In general, we recommend that you keep all of the apps on your phone up to date. Learn how to update applications one at a time or how to set apps to update themselves automatically.
Step 2: Make sure everything is up and running
Calls, messages, and data are all being tested.
- Make a phone call
- Send a text message
- Validate your data. Turn off Wi-Fi and check to see whether your data is working properly.
Keep in mind that if you have just changed your phone number to Google Fi, there may be a delay of up to 24 hours before you are able to send or receive texts. If any of these features aren’t working after 24 hours of starting your activation, restart your phone (ensure that you’re in the United States) and try again. If none of these functions continue to function properly, contact a Google Fi professional. Keep a look out for these critical characteristics. In order to optimize your Google Fi experience, there are a few functions that will operate automatically in the background.
- Calls made over Wi-Fi: Using Wi-Fi calling, you may extend your coverage to areas where the cellular network is less reliable. When Wireless is in use, you’ll be able to view it. Discover how to make Wi-Fi phone calls. Data consumption alerts are sent out as follows: You’ll receive notifications from Google Fi when you’re getting close to or over your monthly data allowance.
You may also discover about Google Fi techniques and hacks while here.
The Fi account must be the Admin or owner account if you have more than one Google account on your smartphone. Was this information useful? What can we do to make it better?
Activate your new Verizon phone with our simple guide
When you purchase Verizonphones online, they are sent to you in an unactivated state. Consequently, if you’re wanting to sign up for a new service, choose the finest mobile phone plan that fits your needs and budget, and then determine whether you want to purchase a new phone or bring your current handset to Verizon Wireless. Keep in mind that if you want to transfer your data, you’ll have to go through a few of extra hoops. However, it simply takes a few minutes to get your phone back up and running again.
We’ll teach you how to activate your Verizon phone online, using the Verizon app, and over the phone in this section.
- Instructions on how to activate your Verizon phone using the internet
- How to activate your Verizon phone using the My Verizon app
- How to activate your Verizon phone using the My Verizon app
- What you need to know about activating your Verizon phone via phone
- How to activate your Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) device at Verizon
How to activate your Verizon phoneonline
Creating a My Verizon account is required before you can begin activating your phone online. As mentioned above, you’ll be creating this account when you sign up for Verizon service, so keep your sign-in details handy.
- SelectSign inthenMy accountat the top right of the page after arriving at verizon.com. Access your Verizon account by logging in. On the My Verizon website, select Activate, Switch, or Bring Your Own Device from the drop-down menu. Select Activate a Device on an Existing Line from the drop-down menu. To activate your new phone, select the line on which you wish to activate it.
Checking your device for compatibility
Verizon will examine your phone to see whether or not it is compatible with your line and existing plan.
- Yes: Select this option if you have previously used this device on your account. This is the option to select if this is the first time you’re configuring this device with your account.
Authorizing the activation
Verizon will send you a code to the phone you are activating via text message for security reasons.
- Select the phone number to which you wish the code to be sent. Select “Text Me the Code” from the drop-down menu. ClickConfirm once you have entered the code from your text message into the Online Authorization Code area
Checking the SIM card
If you need assistance discovering your SIM card as well as locating the ID number, please see Finding Your SIM Card and SIM ID for more information. By selecting Add to Cart, you may also place an order for a new SIM card if one is required.
- Simply type in yourSIM ID number, click Check ID, and then click Confirm to approve your modifications.
How to activate your Verizon phonevia the My Verizon app
In addition to activating your phone on Verizon’s website, you may do it through the company’s My Verizon smartphone application. This is how the procedure is carried out in that case.
- Open the My Verizon application on your smartphone. Add a device by pressing the Add button. Select Activate a gadget that I already possess
- And Select the type of gadget you’d like to include
- Choose the operating system for the device in question. Fill up the blanks with your device ID.
How to activate your Verizon phonevia telephone
If you don’t feel comfortable activating your phone online or using the app, you may alternatively activate it by calling the number on the back of the device. Remember to keep your SIM card, receipt, and phone on hand in case something happens.
- Call (877) 807-4646 from any landline or mobile phone. To activate your wireless service, simply follow the directions. To use your new gadget, insert the SIM card into the slot on the side. Please refer to the user handbook that was included with your device for specific instructions on how to insert it. Place the battery in the slot
- The cover should be inserted on the back of your smartphone. Charge your electronic gadget.
How to activate your BYOD device at Verizon
If you’re thinking about moving to Verizon but want to keep your current phone, you should be able to do so without difficulty. You may also acquire an unlocked version of one of the top Android phones. To get started, check the BYOD page on Verizon’s website to see if your phone is compatible. In the event that your device is suitable, you’ll be able to verify your SIM card, if you have one, and/or add a free SIM card to your order. Follow the on-screen instructions to select your plan and create your account.
Instructions for gaining access to your SIM tray differ from device to device, but in most cases, you’ll remove it from the side of your phone with a tiny, pointed SIM removal tool to get access.
A removal tool will often be included in the package of most phones; however, if you require another, they may be obtained in electronic tool kits, and most electronics retailers will have a few available. For your gadget to be activated, use one of the procedures listed above.
5G for your new Android
5G coverage throughout the country with 50GB of premium data Verizon Play More Unlimited provides you with everything you need to get the most out of your Android device, including unlimited internet, 5G, and Disney+ streaming. If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our links, we may receive a commission. More information is available here: http://www.cnn.com/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/cnn/c Excellent selections.
The Galaxy S21 Ultra is the best phone at T-Mobile
T-Mobile has a large number of smartphones available, so it’s understandable that you would be asking which is the greatest Android smartphone the carrier has to offer. We’ve compiled a list of the greatest alternatives available on the market right now.