- 1 Access your PC remotely on your Samsung QLED TV or Smart Monitor
- 2 Best Ways to Connect and Mirror PC to Samsung TV
- 3 How to Cast PC to Samsung Smart TV
- 4 How to Connect a PC to a Samsung Smart Hub
- 5 PC Setup
- 6 Smart Hub Setup
- 7 Connect Samsung TV to PC: wireless, Windows 10, with HDMI
- 8 How to connect Samsung TV to PC wirelessly on Windows 10?
- 9 How to access media on your PC from your Smart TV?
- 10 How to connect Samsung Smart TV to PC with HDMI?
- 11 Need more help with your Smart TV? Check out our Forum!
- 12 How to Connect Your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly
- 13 Mirroring Your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Via Samsung Smart View
- 14 Connecting Your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV through the Samsung Smart Hub
- 15 Mirroring Your Laptop to Your Smart TV Through Chromecast
- 16 How to easily connect your laptop to your TV
- 17 How to connect your laptop to your TV via HDMI
- 18 How to connect your laptop to your Smart TV wirelessly
- 18.1 To connect your PC laptop to your Smart TV:
- 18.2 To connect your Apple laptop to your Smart TV:
- 18.3 To connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV with Chromecast:
- 19 Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
- 20 How to Connect a PC to a Samsung Smart Hub
- 21 Set Up Smart Hub on the Television
- 22 Set Up Samsung Link
- 23 What to do if Windows 10 won’t connect to Samsung TV
- 24 How do I fix my Samsung TV connection issues?
- 24.1 1.Why won’t my laptop connect to my TV wirelessly?
- 24.2 2. Make sure to have your network card drivers up to date
- 24.3 DriverFix
- 24.4 3. Check if you have the network sharing feature enabled
- 24.5 4. Reset the Stream Permission on the Windows 10 device
- 24.6 5. Make sure that certain services are not disabled
- 25 How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
- 26 How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
- 27 How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly?
- 28 How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV With HDMI?
- 29 How To Connect My Apple Laptop To My Smart TV?
- 30 FAQs
- 31 Conclusion
- 32 Connecting your laptop to a TV is easier than you think
- 33 Mirroring vs. extending
- 34 The easiest way: Wired HDMI
- 35 Wireless connections
- 36 Accessories
- 37 Settings tips
Access your PC remotely on your Samsung QLED TV or Smart Monitor
If you ever find yourself needing to work from home but have left your laptop at work, you may simply connect to and operate your computer using remote access. However, in order to make advantage of the remote PC functions, you must first create a user profile on your computer and save it somewhere safe.
- Please ensure that your computer is turned on and that remote access is enabled on your PC or Mac before proceeding. Keep in mind that if you are unable to enable remote access, it is because your current software version does not support this functionality. To begin, hit the Home button on your television remote control. Navigate to and choose Source, then pick PC on TV, and then select Remote PC from there. Enter your PC’s or Mac’s IP address, or choose a profile from the drop-down menu. A proper user ID and password are required in order to login to a PC from a remote location. To register a computer that is often used, selectManage User Profiles from the drop-down menu and then pressSelect. Select Add from the drop-down menu, and then enter the computer’s details. When you’re finished, click on Save.
The procedure of accessing your PC through your Smart Monitor is quite similar to the process of accessing your PC through a QLED TV.
- Please ensure that your computer is turned on and that remote access is enabled on your PC or Mac before proceeding. Keep in mind that if you are unable to enable remote access, it is because your current software version does not support this functionality. Locate Source on your Smart Monitor, click Remote Access, and then pick Remote PC from the drop-down menu. The IP address or profile of your PC or Mac must be entered or selected in order to utilize Remote PC. Afterwards, enter your user ID and password. Alternatively, if you want to register a computer that you use regularly, mouse overManage User Profiles and then pressSelect. SelectedAdd, after which you should input the computer’s details
- You’ll be able to access and operate your display from anywhere in the world now.
Please keep in mind that this capability is only available on Windows 10 computers that are equipped with wireless screen sharing. Another option for remotely accessing your PC would be to make advantage of the Screen Sharing function. Your PC is in the living room and you are in the bedroom with your TV, you may project the screen of your PC on that television and use your mouse to operate the interface on the television. All that is required is that both devices be turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To share a screen, navigate to the Source menu and selectPC on TV, followed byScreen Sharing.
- If you have a Smart Monitor, you can also take advantage of this function; the procedures are only a bit different.
- Follow the on-screen directions to make any necessary adjustments and then connect to your PC to complete the process.
- With a future app update, we want to make this capability available for other new 2021 models as well.
- The new PC on TV function is identical to Screen Sharing, with the exception that it allows you to utilize the computer and television on distinct network connections (select models only).
- Copy the following URL and paste it into your web browser on the PC you wish to use to connect to the TV: smsng.co/PConTV. Upon clicking this button, the appropriate program will be downloaded automatically. It is important to note that popup blockers must be removed in order for the program to download. As soon as the download is complete, open the file and follow the setup wizard to complete the installation of the application. When you’re ready, launch thePC on TVapp on your computer’s web browser. Accept the terms and conditions, and then press the Start button. Enter your login credentials and then selectSign in to Samsung Account from the Sign in to Samsung Account menu. If necessary, make changes to the default settings. SelectComplete, then selectCompleteagain
- Then selectCompleteagain
- You’ll be sent to the main page of the app, where you may make even more customizations. Now that the program has been installed, you may connect your computer to your television. Press the Home button on your television remote control
- Access the Source menu and pick it, followed by the PC on the TV. Look for the option to display your PC on your television. You will see the names of any compatible laptops or desktops that have the PC on TV app installed next to this icon when you click on it. To pick the name of your PC, use the remote control that came with your TV. Take note that if your computer’s name does not display, check to see if the PC on TV application is open on your computer first. As soon as you click on the PC’s name, it should begin to connect immediately! While the computer’s interface is displayed on the television, you may traverse it using your mouse. You may disconnect your devices from your computer once you’ve finished using the PC on TV function in one of two ways:
- The following is what the computer says: SelectDisconnectin the bottom right-hand corner of your computer’s screen, and then clickConfirm to complete the process. If the Disconnect symbol does not appear, first pick the PC on TV icon to bring it up
- If it still does not appear, select the Disconnect icon again. From the television: Exit may be accessed by pressing the Back button on your TV remote and then selectingExit.
Best Ways to Connect and Mirror PC to Samsung TV
It is possible that watching a movie on your laptop is taxing your eyes. Furthermore, prolonged exposure to the radiation emitted by computers might cause eye difficulties. So, in order to enjoy streaming without jeopardizing your health and happiness, consider mirroring your PC to your television. There are several approaches you may attempt, and if you have a Samsung Smart TV, continue reading to learn how to mirror your PC to your Samsung TV. Download
How to Cast PC to Samsung Smart TV
- Using the wireless approach, Samsung Smart View
- Using the wired method, HDMI Cable
- Using an alternative tool, ApowerMirror
Wireless method – Samsung Smart View
Samsung Smart View is the newest feature to be added to Samsung Smart TVs in the near future. It is an integrated function that allows users to wirelessly stream content from their smartphones to their television.
Furthermore, this application can read subtitles and is compatible with Windows 7, 8, and 10. The methods outlined here will allow you to broadcast from your PC to your Samsung Smart TV using Smart View.
Wired way – HDMI Cable
If you want to cast from your PC to your Samsung Smart TV, you may also use an HDMI cable. This approach is by far the quickest and most straightforward means of mirroring your computer to a television. Following these simple guidelines will teach you how to accomplish it in no time.
- Connect your HDMI cable to the HDMI port on both your computer and television
- To begin mirroring on your television, pick HDMI from the input source menu.
Alternative – ApowerMirror
Using ApowerMirror to mirror your PC to your TV is a good option if you don’t want to deal with tangled connections and you have an Android television. Using this application is permitted as long as your devices are linked to a secure internet connection. You can access anything on your PC from your TV in addition to having high-definition mirroring capabilities. Download
These techniques will guide you through the process of connecting your PC to your Samsung TV and displaying your PC screen on your Samsung TV. You have the option of using a wired connection or a wireless connection. Please share with us what approach works best for you in the comments section below. Amanda Smithon contributed to this article. Tips & Resources will be available on October 15, 2020. The most recent update was made on April 7, 2021.
How to Connect a PC to a Samsung Smart Hub
You may stream music, photographs, and movies from your PC to your Samsung Smart TV via the Samsung Smart Hub, provided that both devices are connected to the same network. To do so, make sure that both devices are linked to the same network. Although Samsung has an AllShare application that you can install on your computer to turn it into a DLNA server, it’s far simpler to use the DNLA server functionality that is integrated into Windows Media Player to accomplish the same result. Then, when you’ve shared material on your PC, you may allow the PC to play media on the television and browse your content using the Smart Hub.
Check to confirm that your Samsung Smart Hub and your PC are both connected to the same network before proceeding. From the right-hand side of the screen, click “Search,” put “Windows Media Player” into the Search box, pick “Apps,” and then select “Windows Media Player.” From the Stream menu, select “Turn on media streaming” and then click on the “Turn on media streaming” button to activate the feature. Locate your Samsung Smart TV in the list of computers and devices on your computer or mobile device.
Place items in your computer’s Libraries by navigating to them using the File Explorer.
To share the material, select “Finish” from the drop-down menu.
Smart Hub Setup
Activate your Samsung Smart TV by pressing the power button. Then, using the remote control, choose “Network,” “AllShare Settings,” and finally “Content Sharing” from the drop-down menu. Locate your computer in the list of available devices. With the remote control, choose the device to permit it to play media on the television screen. To access the Smart Hub, press the Smart Hub button on your remote control. Select “Photos, Videos, and Music” from the drop-down menu at the top of the Smart Hub screen.
Locate and pick the video you wish to play on your television from among the folders that have been opened.
He graduated from Dartmouth College with a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
He has served on the WorldatWork editorial board, blogged for the Spotfire Business Intelligence blog, and published books and book chapters for organizations such as International Human Resource Information Management and Westlaw.
Connect Samsung TV to PC: wireless, Windows 10, with HDMI
This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your computer to your Samsung Smart Television. Mirroring any media stored on your computer will be possible as a result of this. Due to the fact that the Samsung Smart TV is DLNA compatible, you need set up your computer to function as a DLNA server. Using both a wireless connection and an HDMI cable, we will demonstrate how to connect your TV to your computer.
How to connect Samsung TV to PC wirelessly on Windows 10?
This tutorial has been divided into two sections. How to configure your computer to work as a DLNA server will be covered in detail in the first part. To discover how to view your multimedia material on your television if your computer has already been configured, click forward to Section 2 of this article.
Configure PC to Act as a DLNA Server
All you’ll need to finish the connection is the All Share program, which comes pre-installed on your TV by default, as well as a strong WiFi connection. SelectSettings from the Start menu in Windows 10. After that, choose theWiFiicon. Turn sharing on and off by right-clicking on your WiFi network and selectingTurn sharing on and off: Then, click Yes, enable sharing, and connect to the following devices: Your PC has now been set up to function as a DLNA server (Digital Living Network Alliance).
How to access media on your PC from your Smart TV?
Activate your Smart TV by pressing the Smart Hubbutton on the remote. The AllShare Playapplication should then be launched. Select one of the Video, Photo, or Music categories from the program window, depending on the sort of content you’d like to access from your PC: Videos, Photos, and Music
How to connect Samsung Smart TV to PC with HDMI?
You should be able to simply connect the HDMI cable to your PC and then connect it to your TV without any issues. After connecting the HDMI cable to the HDMI port / channel 1, you may pick this as the source from the sources menu on your PC. You should now be able to view the image that is now shown on your computer on your television. It is possible that you will need to drag and drop windows from your PC to your TV using the mouse or the built-in track pad on your TV.
Need more help with your Smart TV? Check out our Forum!
- Connection issues with the Samsung Star and the PC
- The Samsung Champ can’t be connected to a computer.Forum – Mobile
- How to connect a Samsung S3370 to a personal computer Forum – on the go
- No sound on LCD TV when connected to a desktop through HDMI. Hardware Discussion Forum
- I am unable to link my Samsung Star phone to my computer. Forum – on the go
- How to customize the home screen on your LG Smart TV
- How to broadcast Windows Media Player to a television or a Chromecast device The best way to delete the cache on a Smart TV from LG or Samsung. Set the LG TV’s sleep timer using the button on the side of the TV that does not function with the remote. How to rename the following LG TV features: 2021, AirPlay, inputs
- Change the language on your LG TV using subtitles, a keyboard, or even without a remote. Instructions on how to configure the default aspect ratio on an LG Smart TV. How to change the web browser on your LG TV
- Dual Play TV: LG, glasses, and Samsung in 2021.
- LG TV subtitles: switch on, won’t turn off, format
- Turn on, won’t turn off, format Instructions on how to activate motion control on a Samsung Smart TV are provided. Game Mode on the Samsung TV may be turned on or off via the settings menu. The following options are available for resetting the Smart Hub Samsung TV: pin, 2021, or no pin. Clear the history of your Samsung TV, including viewing and browsing. Settings, mode, and effect are all deactivated on the Samsung 3D television. Disable the menu noises and notifications on your Samsung Smart TV. Voice control for Samsung Smart TVs is available via an app rather than a remote control. How to alter the image size on a Samsung television
- What is the best way to reset a Samsung TV to factory settings without using a remote?
How to Connect Your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly
Most individuals find it more pleasurable to watch their favorite entertainment on a larger screen than on a smaller one. As a result, they choose their smart TVs over their smartphones and PCs for this specific reason. Despite this, there are many cases in which your favorite television episodes or movies are inaccessible from any or all of your television stations. Additionally, you may discover that the file format you wish to view is incompatible with your television, and that the only way to access it is through the internet.
Mirroring Your Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Via Samsung Smart View
If you despise tangled cords, you may rely on the Samsung Smart View function to meet your requirements. The Smart View function is a software program that allows you to wirelessly link your computer or smartphone to your Samsung Smart Television. All of the stuff you have saved on your smartphone, including images, music, and movies may be viewed in this manner. In addition, this function includes the option to read subtitles in real time. As a result, you may use subtitles to view movies and television episodes that have been made in a foreign language.
This specific feature is now supported by a number of different Windows versions, ranging from Windows 7 all the way up to Windows 10. How to mirror your laptop to your smart TV is explained in detail in the stages listed below:
- The Samsung Smart View application may be downloaded, installed, and then launched. Turn on your smart TV and make sure that both your laptop and television are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Scroll down to “Menu” then “Network” and then “Network Status” to determine the status of your connection. Return to your laptop and pick “connect to TV” from the drop-down menu that appears
- Then select your Smart TV from the list of identified devices. Next, enter the PIN that is displayed on your television and press “Ok.” If you want to add the exact content you want to stream, click on the “+Add Content” option and select your favorite files from your computer. When you are finished, click on the “Play” button.
Connecting Your Laptop to Your Samsung Smart TV through the Samsung Smart Hub
Using the Samsung Smart Hub, you may stream films, music, and images saved on a laptop to your smart TV, provided that all of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. However, even though Samsung provides an AllShare program that can be installed on your laptop in order to transform it into a DLNA server, it is generally more simpler to simply use the DNLA server functionality built into the Windows Media Player, which is included by default. When you share material on your laptop, you may provide authorization to the laptop to play your chosen content on the smart TV and browse your favorite content via the Samsung Smart Hub once you have shared the content on your laptop.
Setting up your laptop
- Ascertain that both your laptop and the Samsung Smart Hub are connected to the same Wi-Fi network before continuing. Swiping in from the left, select “Search,” and then put “Windows Media Player” into the search box that appears on the screen. Select “Apps” from the drop-down menu and then “Windows Media Player.” Make a selection from the stream menu, “Turn on media streaming,” and then press the “Turn on media streaming” button. Find your Samsung Smart TV in the list of devices and computers that has been supplied. Click here to provide the Samsung Smart Hub access to your files and to allow it to display your favorite material from your laptop. When looking for information in your laptop’s libraries, utilize the File Explorer to navigate through the files. Choose a library and then right-click on it to bring up the menu options “New” and “Shortcut.” After that, navigate to the folder containing the information you desire to share. If you want to share the material, click “Finish.” If you decide that you no longer want to share the shortcut, you may delete it from the library.
Setting up the Samsung Smart Hub
- When you first switch on your smart TV, press the “Menu” button on your TV remote and choose “Network,” followed by “AllShare Settings,” and finally “Content Sharing.” Select your laptop from the list of devices that has been supplied. Use your TV remote to choose the device that will be granted permission to play media on your smart TV
- Then click OK. To access the Smart Hub, press the “Smart Hub” button on your TV remote. Select “Photos, Videos, and Music” from the “Smart Hub Screen” menu at the top of the screen. Choose a media type, such as Videos, and then choose your laptop from a list of networked devices to begin the process. To open the folders, just click on them and then select the specific film you want to play on your smart TV. It will only play if you pick it
- Otherwise, it will not.
Mirroring Your Laptop to Your Smart TV Through Chromecast
Another excellent option for connecting your laptop to your Smart TV is Chromecast. In this case, it is a plug-in gadget that assists in converting your devices into receivers. It is well-known for its interoperability with a wide range of devices, including Windows, iPhone, Mac, Android, and Chromebook, as well as other operating systems. It may also be used in conjunction with a Smart TV. In addition to casting films and music from your computer, Chromecast also allows you to watch material from internet sharing websites.
- Install your Chromecast gadget and connect it to a power outlet as well as your television to make it work
- Check to verify that you have the most recent version of the Google Chrome browser installed on your computer. If you already have one, just press on the menu icon and select “Cast” from the list of available options. While in the new window, pick “Cast to” from the drop-down menu and choose between “Cast tab” and “Cast desktop”
- As soon as you are finished, click on the cast button, which is situated in the upper right corner of your device’s screen, and then click “Stop” to screen mirror your laptop to your smart television.
Due to the fact that this is a premium alternative, you may anticipate it to contain more features. Unfortunately, it is not without its downsides, which are not especially pleasant. To give you an example, the dongle does not work on its own own. It is necessary to connect it to a power source. This might result in a number of issues, particularly if you do not have an other outlet. Furthermore, it does not enable 4K viewing, which is a huge disappointment. Stephen is a skilled and enthusiastic content writer who has a strong desire to write for others.
He aims to make a positive difference in businesses and people’s lives through his writing, and he thoroughly loves the process.
How to easily connect your laptop to your TV
Let’s face it: we’re in a bind. Sometimes the screen on your laptop is simply not large enough to accommodate all you want to accomplish. Then you take a peek over at your lonely 55-inch Smart TV, which is begging to be utilized, and wonder if there’s a way to link the two together. Yes, there is such a thing! On a daily basis, Asurion Experts assist our millions of clients in making the most of their technology, which includes their Smart TVs. Here, we’ll cover everything you need to know about connecting your laptop to a television, whether you want to replace your small screen with a larger one for watching movies, using your TV as a monitor while working from home, or simply wanting a larger screen to see the faces of your friends while video chatting.
How to connect your laptop to your TV via HDMI
An HDMI cable is one of the most dependable (as well as one of the simplest) methods of connecting your television and laptop.
An HDMI cable is a type of connection that transfers video and audio between two devices. HDMI cables are identical on both ends, thus it makes no difference whether they are connected to a television or a laptop.
To connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable:
- Make sure that one end of the HDMI cable is plugged into the HDMI input on your laptop
- In order to use your TV, connect the other end of the wire to one of the HDMI inputs. Using the remote control, pick the input that corresponds to the location where the cable was plugged in (HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, and so on).
A cable connection between your laptop and television provides greater picture quality and less lag time than a wireless connection.
How to connect your laptop to your Smart TV wirelessly
The sort of computer you have may allow you to connect wirelessly instead of using cords, depending on the model you have.
To connect your PC laptop to your Smart TV:
- To access the action center, click on the arrow in the lower right corner of the screen. (It has the appearance of a conversation bubble.) Connect may be accessed from the dashboard. SelectProjecting to the PC from the drop-down menu at the bottom right. Depending on your preferences, choose eitherAvailable everywhere on secure networksorAvailable everywhere from the Settings page. When asked to project this PC just once, you can select eitherFirst time only orEvery time, according on your own desire. You may also choose whether or not you wish to require a PIN. Your PC will notify you that your television is attempting to connect
- Choose Yes. Once it has established a connection, your computer will run the Windows connect application.
Keep the technology that keeps you moving safe. Sign up for House+ and you’ll get hassle-free security for the technology in your home for less than $1 a day, saving you time and money. Learn more about Asurion Home+ by visiting their website.
To connect your Apple laptop to your Smart TV:
If you have a Smart TV that is compatible with AirPlay, you may easily connect your laptop to it using this method. Apple TV and AirPlay 2-enabled smart TVs are among the devices that are compatible (i.e. TVs from 2019 or later from Samsung, LG or Vizio). AirPlay enables you to stream films or mirror the display on your device’s screen on your television via your Apple device.
Here’s how to connect your laptop to your TV using AirPlay:
- Ascertain that your laptop and Apple TV or AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network before continuing. To begin streaming video from your laptop, launch the app or navigate to the website that you wish to use. Select theScreen Mirroringicon from the video playback controls
- Select either your Apple TV or a Smart TV that supports AirPlay 2
To put a stop to your streaming session, choose theScreen Mirroringicon from the video playing settings and then selectTurn Off AirPlay.
To connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV with Chromecast:
If you want to go wireless and link your Chromebook to your TV without using an HDMI cable, you’ll need to get a Google Chromecast, which you’ll plug into your Smart TV to do this. In the Hook It Upseries from Asurion’s YouTube channel, we demonstrate how to quickly and simply set it up:
Here’s how to connect your Chromebook to your Smart TV with Chromecast:
- Using an HDMI cable, connect your Chromecast to the HDMI port on your smart television
- Select the HDMI input that corresponds to the location where the cable was plugged in with your remote control. On your PC, open the Chrome web browser, then click onCast. If this is your first time configuring the device, simply follow the on-screen instructions to finish the configuration. “Cast devices available” should be shown in the lower right corner
- Click on it to see all of the casting choices that are accessible to you:
- This feature allows you to mirror everything on your screen using the internal DisplayShare feature. Select theCasticon from the Netflix menu on your browser after opening the TV show or movie you wish to view. For YouTube, go to the video you want to watch and selectPlay on TV from the menu bar
- For Netflix, go to the video you want to watch and selectPlay on TV from the menu bar
- And for Hulu, go to the video you want to watch and selectPlay on TV from the menu bar.
Tech is expensive. Protect it all.
A single, easy plan that covers all of your favorite home technology will keep the gadgets your family enjoys and depends on safe and secure. Computers, TVs, tablets, luxury headphones, smart gadgets, and much more are covered by Asurion Home+, which also includes 24/7 help for your entire family with any tech care needs—all for less than $1/day. Learn more about Asurion Home+ coverage and how you can benefit from device protection that gives you peace of mind. * It is the property of Asurion, LLC to use the trademarks and logos of the company Asurion®.
Otherwise, all trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.
DISSEMBLE THIS ARTICLE
How to Connect a PC to a Samsung Smart Hub
Samsung televisions are equipped with Smart Hub technology, which allows you to use the television to access applications, movies, photographs, and social networking sites. Smart Hub technology is incorporated into all Samsung televisions. If you are a business user, you may connect your computer to your television’s Smart Hub system by installing the Samsung Link program on your computer. Using the Smart Link software, which you can download and install on your computer, you can transfer files between the two devices, allowing you to project presentations, images, and movies from your computer onto your television.
Set Up Smart Hub on the Television
Turn on your television and hit the “Smart Hub” button on the remote control to activate it (see illustration).
In the event that you are required to do so, choose “Network Settings,” click “Start,” and then follow the on-screen directions to connect your television to your network.
Otherwise, if you are not requested for your network settings, the “Terms and Conditions” box will be presented to you instead.
If you do not already have a Samsung account, press the red “A” button on the remote control and then select “Create Account” from the drop-down menu. If you already have an account, enter your username and password to sign into it.
Fill out the form with your email address and a password. Continue by clicking “Next,” and then “Create Account” to finish the registration process.
Set Up Samsung Link
Go to the Samsung Link web page to learn more (see Resources).
To sign into your Smart Hub account, enter the username and password that you generated for it and then click “Sign In.”
Install the Samsung Link software when it has been downloaded.
Start the software by double-clicking the “Samsung Link” icon, and then click the “Register” button to complete the registration process. Following the registration of your computer, it will be connected to the Smart Hub on your television. References Resources Biography of the Author Writing has been a passion of Andrew McClain’s since 1994. Erich has published many articles for a variety of websites and has produced user guides and software manuals for a variety of companies as a freelancer.
What to do if Windows 10 won’t connect to Samsung TV
- Many customers have claimed that their Windows 10 computers are unable to connect to a Samsung television. This problem can be caused by a multitude of factors, ranging from out-of-date drivers to problems with your Stream Permissions. As a result, your laptop will not be able to connect wirelessly to your television, whether it is a Samsung or not. If your screen mirroring from Windows 10 to a Samsung Smart TV is not working, continue reading.
INSTALL X BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON FILEIn order to make life easier for its users, Microsoft developed a technology known as “Cast to Device.” Smart TVs and Windows 10 devices may communicate with one another using this function. When connecting the gadgets, it is essential to pay close attention. Users of Windows 10 have reported many instances in which they have been unable to connect their computers to their Samsung televisions. The error message was shown. There was a snag in the system.
This message appears and prevents Windows 10 devices from connecting to Smart TVs.
If you are experiencing difficulties screen mirroring Windows 10 to a Samsung Smart TV, we are presenting you with a number of solutions for this specific issue.
How do I fix my Samsung TV connection issues?
- Connect your Windows 10 device to your Samsung TV in the correct manner. Maintain the most up-to-date version of your network card drivers. Check to see if the network sharing option is enabled on your computer. Reset the Stream Permissions on the Windows 10 device to their default values. Maintain the functionality of certain services and ensure that they are not deactivated.
1.Why won’t my laptop connect to my TV wirelessly?
- First and foremost, you must connect your Samsung TV to your wireless internet network by selecting TV MenuNetworkNetwork Status from the TV Menu. Establish a wireless connection between your Windows 10 device and your television’s wireless internet network. OpenSettingsDevices
- Select Connected devices from the left-hand navigation pane. Insert a gadget
- Windows 10 will now do a search for your Smart TV and locate it. When you’ve discovered your TV, click on its name and then on its entry to add it to your computer. Wait for Windows to complete the installation of the device. Make a right-click on the file you wish to play on TV and select Cast to Device from the drop-down menu
First and foremost, you must ensure that the connection between your Windows 10 tablet and your Smart TV has been properly established and configured.
2. Make sure to have your network card drivers up to date
- To begin, press the Start button. To change the network adapter choices, navigate to Settings > Network and Internet > Change adapter options in the right pane. SelectProperties from the context menu of your active adapters. In theNetworkingsection, choose Configure from the drop-down menu that appears
- Then navigate to the Driversection. To update the driver, press the Update Driver button. To search for updated driver software automatically, choose Search automatically for updated driver software. Wait until the search is completed before continuing. If the system discovers and installs any updates, you will need to restart your computer thereafter. Check to check whether the connection has been restored.
A driver that is out of date might be the source of the connection issue. Expert Recommendation: Some PC problems are difficult to resolve, particularly when it comes to damaged repositories or missing Windows components. If you’re having problems correcting an issue, it’s possible that your system is partially broken. Installing Restoro, a program that will scan your system and discover the source of the problem, is highly recommended. To download and begin mending, go to this link. Additional options include using a specific third-party program such as DriverFix to update all of your drivers, not just your network drivers, to see if it helps.
This means that not only will you have the assurance that all of your drivers will be updated or patched, but you will also not have to put in much effort to make this happen.
Simply download and install DriverFix, ensure that your computer is linked to the Internet, and then begin to scan your computer. That is all there is to it.
3. Check if you have the network sharing feature enabled
It is necessary to have the network sharing capability enabled in order forCast to Device to function properly.
4. Reset the Stream Permission on the Windows 10 device
- To begin, press the Start button. media typewindows typewindows enter’search’ in the search field begin by launching the Windows Media Player
- Select StreamAllow internet access to your own media library. Allow home media to be accessed through the internet
- To return to the main Windows Media Player window, click the Back button. click Stream Media streaming should be enabled. Media streaming should be enabled. Check to confirm that the devices listed underLocal Network are permitted. clickOK
- To return to the main Windows Media Player window, click the Back button. To view the stream, click here. Make certain that the option “Automatically enable devices to play my media” is selected. is marked as checked
- Windows Media Player should be closed. Try casting on Device once again to see if it works this time
For several individuals, resetting the Stream Permission on their machine proved to be a successful solution to their problem.
5. Make sure that certain services are not disabled
Complete the steps outlined below:
- Type services.mscin the Run box and press Enter
- Alternatively, use R + Windows keys on your keyboard. Check the status of each service by searching for it and making sure it is as follows:
- Client for the DNS server
- Function Discovery Resource Publication
- SSDP Discovery
- And UPnP Device Host are all included.
It is possible that particular services, such as the DNS Client, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, and UPnP Device Host, will be disabled in the system at times. Check to see whether these services are still available and that they are not inaccessible. We really hope that the answers we offered were of assistance. If you have any further recommendations, please include them in the comments area below.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
In other cases, even if you have a lot to accomplish from your laptop, you may find that the screen isn’t large enough to allow you to enjoy doing everything. It may be as simple as viewing your favorite movie with your pals or as complex as just mirroring the screen of your laptop. After then, you wish that your larger Samsung Smart TV screen may be of assistance. Furthermore, some information may only be accessed through a computer, rather than a Smart TV, and a larger screen may provide you with more enjoyment overall.
Connecting a laptop to a Samsung smart television ” data-image-caption=”” In both cases, the data-medium-file attribute is set to 1 and the data-large-file attribute is set to 1.
In this article, I’ve covered all you need to know about connecting your laptop to a Smart Samsung TV so that you may enjoy watching your favorite movie or performing your tasks on a larger screen while doing so.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV?
In order to connect your laptop to the Samsung Smart TV, there are several options available to you. These include utilizing Samsung Smart View, Samsung Smart Hub, Chromecast, and using HDMI cables, to name a few. You may use these settings to mirror your laptop screen, and you can even share media access with your Samsung Smart TV using these options. There are two major methods by which you may connect your laptop to your Samsung television. The option you choose will be determined by what works best for you and what you have on hand.
However, if you are unable to reach the HDMI cable, a wireless connection can be used as an alternate approach. I’ve outlined the step-by-step procedure for each of the three basic methods of connecting your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV in the section below.
1.) Mirror Your Laptop To Samsung Smart TV via Samsung Smart View
Using the Smart View feature application, you may connect your laptop to a Samsung Smart TV without the need for a cable connection. All of the information saved on your laptop is made available to you through your Smart TV. In addition, the Smart View can read subtitles, allowing you to enjoy movies in a variety of various languages. The Smart View feature is compatible with Windows versions 7, 8, and 10, as long as you are using one of these operating systems. The steps outlined below will walk you through the process of mirroring your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV.
- Install and run the “Samsung Smart View Application” if you already have it installed on your laptop
- If you don’t already have it installed, download, install, and run the program
- Connect your laptop and Samsung smart TV to the same network/Wi-Fi network to ensure that they function together. Confirm the status of your network connection by selecting “Network Status” from the “Menu” after scrolling to the “Network” section. In the menu bar of your laptop, select “Connect TV” and then select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of available devices. On your Samsung Smart TV, press the “Next” and “Ok” buttons. Select the files you’d want to import by using the “+ Add Content” button on the toolbar. To enjoy watching or listening to your favorite movie or music on your Samsung Smart TV, press the “Play” button on the remote control.
2.) Mirror Your Laptop To Samsung Smart TV via Chromecast
Connecting your laptop to your Samsung smart TV with a Chromecast device is another alternative for connecting your laptop and Samsung smart TV. Chromecast, as a plug-in device, aids in the conversion of connected devices into the receiver. Your laptop and Samsung Smart TV will serve as receivers in this scenario. Chromecast also enables for the streaming of material over the internet. To mirror your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV, simply follow the procedures outlined below. Chromecast ” data-image-caption=”” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-medium-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ data-large-file=”ssl=1″ loading=”lazy” src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” ssl=1″ src=” alt=”Chromecast” width=”258″ and height=”193″ are the dimensions of this page.
- Before connecting Chromecast to a power outlet or connecting it to your Samsung Smart TV, double-check that it is properly configured. Check to ensure that your laptop is running the most recent version of Google Chrome. If you don’t already have it, download and install it. Then click on “Menu,” which is represented by three dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser, and pick “Cast.” Afterwards, scroll down and pick “Cast to” followed by “Cast tab.” To allow mirroring of the laptop screen on your Samsung Smart TV, go around the screen and hit the cast symbol, then select “Stop” from the drop-down menu.
3.) Connect Your Laptop To Your Samsung Smart TV via Smart Hub
Samsung Smart Hub guarantees that your laptop and Samsung smart TV are both connected to the same network by connecting them together. To begin, you must first download and install the Samsung AllShare program. Enable aDLNA server and make it compatible with the Windows media player on your machine. At the same time, you may browse via Smart Hub while media is being played on your smart television. In order to complete this connection, follow the procedures outlined below.
The Laptop Setup
- You should ensure that the network to which your laptop and Samsung Smart Hub are linked is steady. Swipe to the left, then click “Search” and put “Windows Media Player” into the search box that appears. Scroll down and seek for “Windows Media Player” in the list of applications. Activate media streaming in the stream menu by clicking on the prompt “On” button
- In the stream menu, select “Media Streaming” from the drop-down menu
- Locate your Samsung Smart TV in the list of computers and devices and select the checkbox to allow access to the Samsung Smart Hub from there. It is possible to browse through files and stream material from your laptop after completing this stage. Using the file explorer on your laptop, locate the item in your library. To share material, identify a library and right-click on it, selecting “New” then “Shortcut,” which allows you to browse to the precise folder you want to share
- Then click “finish” to allow the sharing to take place.
Setting Up The Samsung Smart Hub
- Make sure your Samsung Smart TV is turned on and then grab the remote control. Press “Menu,” then “Network,” then “AllShare Settings,” then “Content Sharing,” and then “Content Sharing.” Locate your laptop in the list of devices and use the remote control to enable media to be played on your Samsung Smart TV. Take a remote and push the Smart Hub button
- Then, on the Smart Hub screen, select “Photos, Videos, and Music” from the drop-down menu. Select your laptop from the list of networked devices and then select the appropriate media type. Open the folder and then navigate to the file that you want to play on your Samsung Smart TV by clicking on it. Finally, click on it to start the game.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV Wirelessly?
The following steps will guide you through the process of connecting your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV without the usage of cords.
- Navigate to the activity center and click on it. (That seems to be an SMS icon, and it is where your new alerts are shown.) Then, from the dashboard, select “connect.” Then Choose “Project to the PC” from the drop-down menu at the bottom right of your laptop screen. Go to the settings and select “Available Everywhere” or “Available Everywhere On Secure Networks” from the drop-down menu. Select “Ask to project this PC” from the drop-down menu. You may choose whether you want to use it every time or only the first time, based on your desire
- A prompt message will appear on your laptop indicating that you wish to connect to the television. To finish the process, select “Yes.” Once the connection has been established, your laptop will immediately launch the Windows Connect application.
How To Connect My Laptop To My Samsung Smart TV With HDMI?
HDMI cable (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) This tool assists in the transmission of audio and video signals between two linked devices. It is one of the quickest and most straightforward methods of connecting your laptop to your Samsung Smart Television. Complete the connection between your two devices by following the steps in the next section. Hdmi ” data-image-caption=”” data-medium-file=” hdmi ” data-large-file=” hdmi ” data-large-file=” hdmi ” loading=”lazy” src=” ssl=1″ alt=”hdmi” width=”280″ height=”210″ src=” ssl=1″ alt=”hdmi” width=”280″ height=”210″ The data-ezsrcset attribute is set to ” ssl=1 910w, ssl=1 300w, ssl=1 768w ” Sizes are as follows: (max-width: 280px) 100vw, 280px data-recalc-dims=”1″ ezimgfmt=”rs rscb1 src ng ngcb1 srcset” data-ezsrc=” ssl=”1″> data-recalc-dims=”1″ ezimgfmt=”rs rscb1 src ng ngcb1 srcset” data-ezsrc=” ss
- Navigate to the HDMI input on your laptop and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to it. Locate the HDMI input on your Samsung Smart TV and connect the other end of the HDMI cable to it there. Use your remote control to choose the correct input that corresponds to your HDMI connection. The port might be one of the following: HDMI 1, HDMI 2, HDMI 3, or any other port. Confirm that it is connected to your Samsung Smart TV by checking the plug. Currently, you may enjoy your time by viewing your favorite movie on a larger screen
How To Connect My Apple Laptop To My Smart TV?
Using AirPlay, you may connect your Apple laptop to your Smart TV and broadcast your material directly to the TV screen. In order to finish this connection, please follow the instructions below.
- In order for this to function, make sure that both your AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV and Apple Laptop are linked to the same Wi-Fi network. On your laptop, launch the AirPlay application. Alternatively, you may go to the website that holds your video and watch it there. From the video playback controls, select the “Screen Mirroring Icon” from the drop-down menu. Choose an AirPlay 2-enabled Smart TV to finish the connection. If you have finished streaming your material, you may disconnect by pressing the “Screen Mirroring Icon,” then selecting “Turn off AirPlay.”
In order to connect your laptop to your Samsung Smart TV without the usage of wires, there are three basic approaches that you may employ. Connecting your laptop to a Samsung Smart TV may be accomplished through the use of the Samsung Smart Hub, Samsung Smart View, or Chromecast. However, the decision is ultimately up to you and what works best for you.
How To Connect Samsung TV To PC With HDMI?
When it comes to connecting your PC to your Samsung TV, HDMI is a dependable option. You’ll need an HDMI cable that’s in good working order, and then you’ll need to find the port on your computer where you’ll connect one end of the cable in. After that, choose one HDMI port on your Samsung TV and connect the other end of your HDMI cable to it. You may use HDMI to link your Samsung Smart TV to your computer in this manner.
As previously said, connecting your large Samsung Smart TV screen to your laptop may be accomplished in a variety of ways. In the absence of wires, you may choose to use a wireless connection, which just necessitates the installation of wireless-related software on your laptop and then following the procedures outlined above to establish the connection. In contrast, the usage of an HDMI cable is one of the most dependable solutions because the connection is established instantly. Double-check that the HDMI cables are properly connected to both your laptop and the Smart TV.
You might also be interested in the following (have a look):
- How to Reduce the Size of the Screen on an HP Laptop
- Review of the 5 Best Asus Laptop Cases
- How to wirelessly connect a laptop to a Vizio smart television
- Instructions on how to use a docking station with a laptop closed Instructions on how to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Encryption from a laptop
- Using a wireless connection, you may connect your Dell laptop to your printer. Learn how to install software on a laptop that does not have a CD drive. Instructions on How to Remove Sticker Residue from a Laptop How To Charge A Laptop Without Using A Power Adapter
- In order to determine the cost of repairing a laptop screen, consider the following: On a Dell laptop, how can I find the Mac address? Learn how to use a laptop as a gaming monitor for the Xbox One. How to Locate a Stolen Laptop Without the Use of Tracking Software In this tutorial, you will learn how to remove Computrace from a laptop. Using the Wii U to Connect To A Laptop
- Using Windows 7, my laptop is always freezing and not responding.
Connecting your laptop to a TV is easier than you think
CNET photo by David Katzmaier If you’re feeling bored or dissatisfied with your laptop’s little screen, you might want to consider utilizing your big TV as a monitor instead in the new year to save money. You may enjoy sitting back on your couch while surfing the web, playing PC games, or streaming media from applications that are not accessible on your TV. Or perhaps you simply want a more expansive perspective for video conferencing. There are certain disadvantages to using your television as a monitor.
And then there’s the matter of the mouse, trackpad, and keyboard to consider.
Mirroring vs. extending
Mirroring is the process of displaying the same material on both your laptop’s screen and your television. It’s more frequent and typically easier to do than screen extending, which is when you view different information on both screens, thereby turning your TV into an extension of your laptop’s screen, as described above. For example, having a YouTube video playing on your television while you’re working on a spreadsheet on your laptop is a valuable feature of extending.
If you have the proper equipment, it is still doable, but more difficult to accomplish. The majority of this essay will be devoted to the topic of mirroring.
Get professional advice on how to use your phone, computer, smart home devices, and other devices. Tuesdays and Thursdays are the days for delivery. More information may be found at: The best televisions and computers to buy in 2021 CNET photo by David Katzmaier
The easiest way: Wired HDMI
When connecting a computer to a television, the most basic configuration is to connect a cable from your computer to the HDMI input on your television. Although there are possibilities such as VGA if you have an older TV and a laptop from the 1990s, this is essentially the Dark Ages at this point. Laptops and PCs have a variety of different connectors, thus the cable or adaptor you’ll need to use may vary depending on the device you’re working with. If you’re not sure, consult the owner’s handbook or Google the model to find out its specifications.
- More information may be found at: How to cast and mirror the screen of an Android phone to a television Connectors for HDMI, DisplayPort, and Mini DisplayPort are shown from top to bottom.
- Mini- or micro-HDMI: These smaller variants of HDMI just require an adapter or a cable with a conventional HDMI connector at the other end in order to connect straight to your television.
- There are various laptops that include Thunderbolt ports.
- The latest versions utilize the same connections as the USB Type-C standard (see the next section).
- Once again, you’ll need an adapter or cable that has this sort of connection on one end and HDMI on the other to do this.
- Usually, all you’ll need is an adaptor (such as a USB-C to HDMI converter), and everything will be great.
- MacBooks from the previous several years should be compatible, as will Microsoft Surface computers and a slew of other models as well.
- Check the specifications of your computer to make sure you don’t require any additional connectors or adapters.
- HDMI Licensing is a legal requirement.
- If you’re not sure, look up your brand and model number on Google before purchasing any type of adaptor.
- Aside from that, you’re not likely to obtain HDR or 4K resolution, so if you want the finest picture quality for films, you need use a different means to get the media to your TV, such as a Roku or Blu-ray player.
Currently playing: Keep an eye out for this: Zoom reacts to privacy concerns, which are shared by Amazon and Apple. 1:25
There are a few solutions for totally avoiding the need of wires. Once again, it is dependent on the type of computer you have and the capability of your television (or thestreaming deviceconnected to your TV). If you have an Apple computer, the most straightforward method is to use AirPlay. However, you’ll need a gadget that can handle it, such as the following:
- Apple TV
- Apple TV 4K
- A TV that is Air Play 2 compatible, such as a 2019 TV fromSamsung,Sony,LG, orVizio
- A computer that is Air Play 2 compatible
If you have a Windows PC, you can use a feature called Miracast, albeit it is not as widely used as “all modern Apple devices” such as AirPlay, which is more common. Your Windows laptop should come with the necessary technology. On the television side, Miracast-capable devices include the following:
- Roku streamers
- A few of televisions (here’s a list of them)
- And a few more things. Wireless display adapters that connect to your television set
The Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter seems to be a simple cable, but it contains a wireless receiver that is powered by the USB connection on your television. Microsoft If you have a Chromebook: Computers that run Google’s Chrome OS can also wirelessly transmit material to a television. To make use of it, you’ll need the following items:
- Chromecast Ultra
- Smart TVs with “Chromecast built-in,” primarily from Vizio but also from other brands
- Nvidia Shield
- Sony TVs that run Android TV
Using the Chrome browser to cast your screen: Even if you don’t have a TV device that supports AirPlay or Miracast, you can still cast your screen using the Chrome browser on any laptop. It is compatible with any of the devices in the list of Chromebooks above. Only the content of the browser will be seen, and certain websites will not function properly. You may also “cast” material from a range of mobile applications, such as Netflix or YouTube, to the majority of smart TV models. This isn’t screen mirroring, but if you’re just seeking to display some material from your phone on a larger screen, this is a quick and simple method of accomplishing this.
CNET photo by Sarah Tew If you want to use your wireless connection to play games, the latency caused by the connection will most likely prevent you from having any fun with games that need quick and accurate clicking, such as first-person shooters and racing games.
A few alternative accessories might help you step up your game if you want to be a little more creative. With a wireless keyboard or mouse, you can make your PC-on-TV experience much more convenient. Here are a handful of low-cost alternatives. CNET photo by Sarah Tew Place your laptop somewhere safe to charge while you just use a small, light keyboard on your lap to type. Bluetooth is a nice feature. Last but not least, the Logitech K380 is notable for its extended battery life as well as its ability to switch between devices, such as from a laptop to a tablet.
Instead of clicking, clicking, clicking, it sounds more like a gentle tapping on a table surface.
The resolutions of your television and laptop screens are most likely different. In principle, this shouldn’t be a problem, but if you’re having trouble reading the text or the image appears to be of low quality, check that the laptop’s output matches the resolution of your television. It’s simple to accomplish on both Windows and Mac computers. Additionally, if you’re trying to send audio, you may need to turn on the speaker function, which can be found in the bottom right corner of your Windows screen or in System Preferences on a Mac by selecting Speaker from the Apple menu.
Depending on your TV, it may already be turned off, but if you see that the corners of your desktop are being chopped off, look deep into the settings for options such as “size” or “zoom.” Whether you’re gaming, you should also check to see if your television has a game mode.
Another nice suggestion is to reduce the sharpness control’s sensitivity.
The sharpness adjustment on a television generally does little more than boost fake edge enhancement, hiding tiny details and increasing noise.
Photograph by Geoffrey Morrison for CNET Speaking of text, if you’re attempting to work from your sofa, it’s probable that the font is still too small, even with the larger screen.
You may also utilize the zoom controls in specific programs, such as Chrome browsers, to increase or decrease the zoom level.
If that doesn’t work, keep everything connected in but switch the TV off and back on.
Congratulations, and please share any PC-to-TV advice you have with us in the comments section below.
First, have a look at all of the other articles he’s written on topics such as why you shouldn’t spend a lot of money on pricey HDMI connections, how TV resolutions work, and how HDR works.
You may reach him through Twitter at @TechWriterGeoff, and you can follow his digital nomad travels via the social media platforms Instagram and YouTube. He also recommends that you read his best-selling science fiction novel about city-sized submarines, as well as its sequel.